Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Charl-Lotta Drama

• Start Topic

Kenya is enlisted to host Peter's club opening in Charlotte, but Cynthia isn't invited to join the celebration. Also: Kandi feels betrayed by an ex-employee; Sheree anticipates the release of her tell-all book; Porsha moves back in with her mother; and an unexpected guest visits Phaedra.

How is Peter paying for a new Mercedes?  I really hope Cynthia has removed his access to all her accounts.

Sheree has written a book?  I like Sheree, but I seriously have reservations about whether she can even read.

Damn, Cynthia looked phenomenal at the club opening.  I hope she’s getting lots of offers from some good looking, non-Uncle Ben men. 

Really Peter.  You live 3 minutes away, huh?  Were none of his Charlotte women available?  And did he seriously think that Cynthia was just gonna say, “Okay!”?  What a punk.

Can this whole Kenya/Matt storyline be over?  I'm tired of their bullshit.

I'm trying to understand how Kandi's ex-employee wasn't compensated when he showed up with check stubs.  If you agreed upfront on a fee and then accepted that as pay, you were compensated.  My stream cut out for a few seconds and I didn't get to hear Phaedra's response.  Hopefully she did the professional thing and referred him to another attorney.  But I won't hold my breath.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 18

There was always something about Matt that didn't sit well with me from the beginning but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.    It's all becoming very clear.  That driver should have pressed charges.  As soon as he raced out of the parking lot, I said he's heading to Kenya's house to do some more damage, even though Charlotte is about 4 hours away from Atlanta.  The driving from California to Charlotte to confront Kenya is crazy.  Did he wear a diaper the whole way?   He's one of those people who will kill you then kill himself.  Kenya needs to stop toying with him.

If Johnny, I believe that was his name, is telling the truth, Kandi needs to pay him.  I don't know if he has a case but good thing he kept documents.  Kandi is cheap!

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, appledumpling said:

There was always something about Matt that didn't sit well with me from the beginning but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.    It's all becoming very clear.  That driver should have pressed charges.  As soon as he raced out of the parking lot, I said he's heading to Kenya's house to do some more damage, even though Charlotte is about 4 hours away from Atlanta.  The driving from California to Charlotte to confront Kenya is crazy.  Did he wear a diaper the whole way?   He's one of those people who will kill you then kill himself.  Kenya needs to stop toying with him.

If Johnny, I believe that was his name, is telling the truth, Kandi needs to pay him.  I don't know if he has a case but good thing he kept documents.  Kandi is cheap!

I think Matt was in Atl., not California when he drove to Charlotte. He is nuts but Kenya is pulling his strings for a storyline as well, not smart of her but it is her MO.

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I'm trying to understand how Kandi's ex-employee wasn't compensated when he showed up with check stubs.  If you agreed upfront on a fee and then accepted that as pay, you were compensated.  My stream cut out for a few seconds and I didn't get to hear Phaedra's response.  Hopefully she did the professional thing and referred him to another attorney.  But I won't hold my breath.

Phaedra did refer him elsewhere. And I think he's arguing that he wasn't compensated fairly, which he wasn't if he was making $500 a week for full-time work. It sounds like he was surprised by how many hours he was working? I don't know, but $500 a week isn't much. But to Kandi's point, if he agreed to that pay rate (I wouldn't have), I don't know that he has much of a leg to stand on.

I bet $10 that Peter leased or rented that car. No way do I believe that he can afford a $160K car. (I think spending that much on a car is silly, but I'm not into cars.)

No question that a) a ghostwriter wrote Sheree's book and b) it's terrible.

• Love 13

Good to know Kandi and Johnny were closer than 2 butt cheeks.

That was funny.

Also, I don't know if Todd meant it as a general commentary on the show, but Todd saying to Kandi "I think y'all find reasons to fight with each other" was also amusing - and accurate.

• Love 16

I made a special trip here to say Kendra is the worst actress on TV.  Every line she speaks is rehearsed and each stilted breathy sentence comes out so very badly.   She has all these planned poignant, pointed, intelligent woman comments about "Matt".   She's wooden as a coffee table.  Puh-lease.  The two of them have less fire than a puddle of chilly water. 

• Love 17

Kenya, those gladiator sandals look like some kind of post operative surgical support device. And it's about time Marlo steps in and does a read on the fakery that Kenya has foisted upon this audience all season. Kenya has become 'that chick' with her phony boyfriend and her exploitation of the domestic violence angle: there can't be an event without Kenya's drama intruding. Club One apparently doesn't last too long in its finery, btw.  Peter is allegedly involved with Kordell in this enterprise, Kordell with the sex tape that came out just last week and some are saying it's already closed or closing. I really doubt that Club One can support Peter in an apartment that's '3 minutes away' in Charlotte plus a just out of the showroom Mercedes.  Cynthia really dodged a bullet with Peter, but she's allowing herself to be exploited by Kenya now. Cynthia is the one that Kenya has anointed as her confidante in all the Matt fakery and I don't understand why she goes along with it. I guess maybe its preferable for Cynthia to play this role than allow any closer examination on her own life in Atlanta. 

Was that workout with the fancy name created for the comfort of those familiar with the modern urban inner city after dark? It looked fun in a wannabe superhero or criminal kind of way. And here we are again with Sheree filming at something she COULD actually turn a buck out of. Sheree is pretty cut, she's always about the fitness and she's believable in that environment, and it's the one possible income stream she just won't seem to touch. Instead we get the ghostwritten memoir/novel/tell all by someone who seems barely literate. The gym scene was interesting until old egg headed cockeyed Bob walked in and sweated up the place. Following Sheree around while she got that call was more about Bob loving the camera, maybe he gets paid by the second he spends on screen.

Todd looked like he was going to pee his pants on Porsha's bed. He kept squeaking 'aren't we going out, first?!'. Almost as hilarious as Porsha claiming to feel like a virgin.

And that was production's truck Matt was driving. Matt drives a hooptie. When Kenya wants to take us for a ride, she still has to maintain her standards. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I think Matt was in Atl., not California when he drove to Charlotte.

My bad, I thought he was coming all the way from Cali.  Still crazy behavior though.

Porsha looked ridiculous, at her age, sneaking a man into her mama's house?  Don't he have a place of his own? 

• Love 9

And was that Wendell Pierce from The Wire and Treme I saw at Club One? He was in the background in one scene and then Todd shakes hands with him a couple of minutes later. I'll be catching that on the replay.

3 minutes ago, appledumpling said:

My bad, I thought he was coming all the way from Cali.  Still crazy behavior though.

Kenya sent him a gas voucher when he whinged on social media that she had cancelled his air ticket. I don't know if he used it to flog the hooptie from the ATL airport to Charlotte from the opening, but it's possible. Kenya made sure he got there one way or another.

Edited by queenjen
more kenya fakery
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, queenjen said:

And was that Wendell Pierce from The Wire and Treme I saw at Club One? He was in the background in one scene and then Todd shakes hands with him a couple of minutes later. I'll be catching that on the replay.

Kenya sent him a gas voucher when he whinged on social media that she had cancelled his air ticket. I don't know if he used it to flog the hooptie from the ATL airport to Charlotte from the opening, but it's possible. Kenya made sure he got there one way or another.

She needs him for a storyline this season and to keep the cameras focused on her when she is being filmed so she can play her favorite role, that of the victim of all victims.

• Love 13

So, not to be naive, but is the Kenya/Matt thing all a put on?  Like, they are in cahoots, arranging for him to show up and get angry and even violent?  Or are they in cahoots for him to show up places but then things go left and he gets angry and even violent?  Or is he unwittingly being jerked around by her and she is playing with fire by playing games with a legit violent guy?

• Love 6

And Phaedra's searching also. One scene. In her fake lawyer office with a disgruntled former employee of Kandi's. That boy Johnny is a thirsty bitch. When you agree on a price, tight as it may have been coming from Kandi and all, you agree on a price. If you put '80 hours' in a week into it, that's on you and you misquoted, which is also on you. You don't get a do over months later. And contract work means you pay your own way with health care etc. 

Johnny really shot himself in the foot for the money he got to deliver Phaedra her only scene in this episode. From what Kandi said, I'd believe he will probably be blacklisted by her and anyone she associates with who wants to stay in good with her. 

Oh, and please with all the sitcom rubbish of Cynthia and Kenya showing up at Kandi's door begging for shelter next week?! I think Cynthia and Kenya have spent too much time together bonding while shooting Z rated films (Sharknado 4) on the west coast. This season, I think Kandi must feel she's being punkd on this show, with Block being hauled into it and her forced to interact with that. She does love her coin though and maybe production are squeezing her for value. No MJ or OLG, this episode which is a BLESSED relief that probably won't last long. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, ninjago said:

So, not to be naive, but is the Kenya/Matt thing all a put on?  Like, they are in cahoots, arranging for him to show up and get angry and even violent?  Or are they in cahoots for him to show up places but then things go left and he gets angry and even violent?  Or is he unwittingly being jerked around by her and she is playing with fire by playing games with a legit violent guy?

I'm to the point that I do think that Matt is a guy with real violent tendencies. I also believe that Kenya knows and exploits this for her own benefit. I think that Matt to a certain extent is willingly playing along yet letting his real issues bleed into whatever they cooked up together.

Matt is Kenya's story line this season, a lot of it is looking manufactured. This is Kenya's MO. She loves to play 'poke the psycho' and then scream victim from the rooftops. This may have started in good faith, but it's gone the way of Kenya's past relationships on this show (like Walter) where Kenya has been accused of paying men or offering them money to play the part of her boyfriend or fiancee. Walter wouldn't play, so Kenya accused him of being gay and stalking her. Matt is definitely unstable, he already has another girlfriend that Kenya has attacked on social media. Who knows what she's promised him, he talks about his 'brand', for example. He claims that there have been many times where Kenya has told him one thing about what will be filmed and he's rolled up and it's quite another entirely. Pretty much every appearance he's made this season fits with that when you look at it through that lens. No excusing his behavior, but Kenya exploiting domestic violence is immoral, disgusting and an insult to anyone who's had to go through it. And there are a few of us here.

Well, you slipped in and explained it much better than I could, but all of this.

Edited by RinaX
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, RinaX said:

Well, you slipped in and explained it much better than I could, but all of this.

Actually, the 2 lines you wrote above about Matt's violence being exploited by Kenya? You nailed it. It's like Kenya placed an ad somewhere and Matt is exactly what she asked for. Kenya is also arrogant enough to believe she's so much smarter than everyone else and can control any given situation she creates for herself. That's a very dangerous game to play with violent men.

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 14

Matt is pretty much a horrible person, in real life. BUT, I don't think that he is necessarily the villain in the Kenya/Matt situation.  I'm not saying that dude is the bestest boyfriend ever, but, I totally think Kenya is fucking with his head and playing games with him to get him to go off.  And then when he does, suddenly she's in the corner crying and scared because she doesn't know what happened, he just went crazy out of nowhere!  So everyone says, that's it, this isn't a good fit, it should be over and she agrees.  Three days later, there is some reason they have to meet, and invariably, she makes it dramatic.  The conversation that they had, when he came over to discuss the window he broke, you could tell they were talking about 2 different things.  Any time he tried to talk about what actually happened, or her part in it, she got crazy and started pushing buttons again.  I'm honestly not sure why he doesn't just leave her crazy ass.  But, none of that negates the fact that he's not a stellar example of manhood on his own.  He just might not actually be wrong in the Kenya situation.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, queenjen said:

And Phaedra's searching also. One scene. In her fake lawyer office with a disgruntled former employee of Kandi's. That boy Johnny is a thirsty bitch. When you agree on a price, tight as it may have been coming from Kandi and all, you agree on a price. If you put '80 hours' in a week into it, that's on you and you misquoted, which is also on you. You don't get a do over months later. And contract work means you pay your own way with health care etc. 

Now maybe I'm wrong but I thought Johnny worked as an employee for Kandi and she found out he also did catering/events and did not like that he wasn't at her beck and call so she had that other idiot fire him but kept hiring him for catering/events.  Two different jobs at the same time.  Anyone?

Peter just had to be skeevy and ask her back to his place. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

So now has Matt kicked in another window or are we just seeing the same window over and over now?  Girl needs some shatterproof glass.

Porsha has over corrected.  First she was this dumb stepford wife and now she is just short of a prostitute.  Her grandfather must be spinning in his grave.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

So now has Matt kicked in another window or are we just seeing the same window over and over now?  Girl needs some shatterproof glass.

According to Kenya, he has vandalized her house up to 4 times. I don't know what she means by this exactly, but that's what I've seen in the last hectic months of social media posts that go up and are then deleted, then reappear in the 'this season on RHOA...' (IG image of kenya's broken sunglasses, Matt was responsible for those, allegedly, when they took a trip to Mexico last year). It has been nuts and it's really hard to keep track of the timeline also. Kenya doesn't come across as being lax with her security, and she proved this a couple of days ago when she (allegedly) had trespassers that she pulled a gun on. I can't see her as leaving those panes shattered for longer than it takes to call a glazier or locksmith. Plus, wildlife could get in and she lost Velvet to another animal, I suspect she'd be ultra cautious with anything, animal or human or haint, getting into her house.

I heard Kandi say that Johnny worked for her, then his side company got too big for him to give her the attention she required, so she let him go, but then he continued to be brought in to handle events for her, like her wedding, which indicates a lot of trust from Kandi and Todd. So that would mean he quoted her on whatever the event was that he was organising. Or at least that's how I read it from this episode. Unless Kandi has truly done him wrong, and I'm sure we'll be hearing it, would have already heard it, in fact, if she had, then he has just tarnished his own reputation all by himself. No one wants to hire someone who has form as turning on a dime and getting all litigious when they get the scent of a payout from a wealthy employer. Other wealthy employers aren't going to want to know you. How dreadful, choose someone else. And as for Ms Parks referencing slavery and plantations, what a fool. 

• Love 18

I broke down and watched this mess last night because there was nothing else on...

Johnny doesn't have a leg to stand on. He didn't work for Kandi as one of her payroll employees, as I understand it, he had his own business and quoted her per project that he did for her. If he's so stupid he can't accurately quote his time and materials....too bad. Phaedra was right to refer him elsewhere. As she said, it's not her area of expertise. I don't think she has an area of expertise.

Kenya.... call the cops. If you don't, you're looking foolish and enabling a man to be abusive to you and your home. And it looks like part of a fake storyline if the cops are not called. I'd put nothing past production in this regard.

Porsha, don't wear a short little robe that makes you look like a schoolgirl sneaking her boyfriend into the bedroom in the middle of the night. This is all so contrived it's ridiculous. 

Cynthia was the only bright spot, looking drop-dead gorgeous in that white dress. Thankfully she kept her brain intact and didn't go home with Peter. When in the middle of a divorce proceeding, if you spend the night with your ex you have to start all over again, in some states. Peter can't afford that car.... that was all for show, I think. I didn't see him showing it off anywhere that night.

Sheree.... a novelist? LMAO, I think I almost choked from laughing so hard. Bob was right, she never finishes anything or does anything right when she gets these grandiose ideas. Bob needs to stay home and off this show. He looks stupid most of the time, not a good look for any man.

• Love 9

Why I'm cogitating on Phaedra's assessment of Kandi and Johnny's relationship as 'closer than two butt cheeks' at this time of night, I don't know. Except to say that Phaedra was probably slinging some shade Kandi's way with that little quip. Probably nothing, just shady fake Phaedra sending another one over Kandi's bow. I guess she's got nothing to lose now, since Kandi read her out for making snarky comments in her THs about Todd. Phaedra knows better to come for Kandi and her people, so the comment bothered me for this reason. What is Phaedra playing at? Apart from no discernible SL of her own (she's got plenty, just none that she'll share on this show!)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Really Peter.  You live 3 minutes away, huh?  Were none of his Charlotte women available?  And did he seriously think that Cynthia was just gonna say, “Okay!”?  What a punk.

Cynthia's response made the show:  blink, blink, "awkward..."

• Love 12

This might be the lawsuit that I have heard about against the Tuckers last year.  It appeared to be a breach of promise suit, probably as referenced when Johnny mentioned that he and Kandi were supposed to open the restaurant and he was cast aside once Todd came in the picture.

My take on this episode: 

Kenya is full of crap in my opinion.  Although I do really feel Matt is quite volitile and could cause her harm, I also believe Kenya is again poking the bear, here.  I honestly believe she made damn sure Matt was at that event so she could recapture showtime attention.  After all, this is all she has to offer this season to make herself relevant.  The fact that Matt ended his call with Peter, demanding that she stop contacting him and leave him alone, speaks volumns.  I believe she is milking this for airtime but she needs to stop.  He has indeed moved on and has someone else and even now, Kenya is still going after him and his new girlfriend as recently as last night on twitter

I keep getting this vibe from Kandi that she is definitely NOT the savvy business person she tries to appear to be.  She has made some very ignorant decisions in her business and she comes off being rather cheap and tries to cut corners.  Outside of the show, several contractors for the restaurant as well as Johnny have filed suits against the Tuckers for breach of contract and breach of promise.  This is not a Phaedra talked trash thing but there are documents showing several lawsuits against them are pending.

Cynthia really looked good at the launching and I just LOVED how she shut Peter down when he thought he was going to get lucky.

Phaedra did the right thing to just refer Johnny to another lawyer and not get in the middle of what has probably become a litigal shitstorm.  That would be just another thing the Tuckers would rail against Phaedra,  If anyone follows Phaedra on facebook or instagram, you would definitely wonder just what little time does she even have to be running around with a mr chocolate.  Just about every minute of her waking life appears to be speeches, community service, political ventures, charity, church events and book signings.  She is hardly in town to even have a nightlife.  Plus most of the time she is also carrying her boys with her to almost every event

I actually thought it was kinda cute with Porsha and her Todd and watching her do a smudging to enhance the mood.  As for her house search, she did find a place very soon after so she is doing well.  Porsha is earning more than enough money to buy a home and now she (and Miss Lawrence) will be appearing on the new show, "STAR"

• Love 13

I can't believe that any reputable parkour trainer would act like it's a thing that any adult without previous gymnastics or martial arts training could pick up.

Johnny's real problem is that he never stipulated how many hours a week he would give Kandi for $500. It's not Kandi's fault if he worked 80 hours/week for $500.

This is very different from the lawsuits by the restaurant subcontractors. Those suits have NO merit. In the pleadings, the subcontractors state that Kandi and Todd have a general contractor who has failed to pay his subs. If Kandi and Todd were simply not paying anyone, we should have seen a lawsuit by the general contractor. We have not. 

Sheree has "written" a novel. It's something that I've been suggesting that Sonja Morgan do for years. I don't know how good Sheree's tea is, but Marlo's is probably delicious. I'm positive Sonja's would be fantastic.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

This might be the lawsuit that I have heard about against the Tuckers last year.  It appeared to be a breach of promise suit, probably as referenced when Johnny mentioned that he and Kandi were supposed to open the restaurant and he was cast aside once Todd came in the picture.

Unless Johnny had something in writing from Kandi saying they were going to go into a partnership and open a restaurant, he doesn't have a case. I think Johnny's blowing smoke and trying to get his 15 minutes on this show parlayed into more.

Or it could be about the money that he thinks he's owed. My take on Johnny is that he's not a very savvy businessman. I do freelance graphic design and believe me, I make sure I quote how much time I think it will take... and a stipulation that if they make changes, there's an extra charge for that. Johnny should have had that in any agreement with Kandi, that he was charging her $$$ for XX hours work. Anything beyond 40 hours per week, she would pay him time and a half for overtime.

• Love 7

Johnnie all of a sudden decided he was undercompensated and wanted to sue after 2-3 YEARS of working for Kandi, getting airtime on her tv shows, and using up her references/friends? Boy, please. When Kandi/Don Juan decided he wasn't going to sit around the Kandi Factory and collect a free check while running his side businesses, he got salty. It wasn't even like they cut him off completely, they kept supporting the business they helped grow.

Greedy and fake, running to Phraudra was a bad move. Two scammers don't make a believeable scene.

Sheree. Once again, as others have mentioned, you are participating in something and looking like something (fitness) that could make you money, while talking about some bullshit. I appreciated the Dwight callback. Not interested in Sheree's book. You can barely speak english, ma'am, don't want to read the butchered book version. Unnecessary for production to throw the NeNe clip in there. We all knew who she was talking about, and I doubt she has anything juicy that will be exposed that blogs/etc haven't dug up after all these years in reality tv. Bob is an idiot listening to her, he could have damn well broken his ankle or leg jumping off that wall. 

Porsha, shut up. You're stupid. Go down to the Courtyard by Marriott like you did for Duke. So everyone was asleep and you had to sneak him in but the camera crew and producers and lights were perfectly silent.

• Love 13

Bob and parkour---Comedy gold.  I was worried for his knees jumping from that height being such a big guy.

It may be more contrived Bravo BS but damn if I don't like Porsha and Other Todd together.  They are both so darn cute and they have a natural ease with one another that she didn't even have with Kordell.

If Kenya didn't want drama, why would she tell Peter to cancel that man's ticket and not bother to tell him?!  She got the exact reaction she wanted and we all know it.  "Oh, I'm too frightened to come to the event---wait.  No I'm not...this is my victim storyline."  Bitch, bye.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, queenjen said:

Unless Kandi has truly done him wrong, and I'm sure we'll be hearing it, would have already heard it, in fact, if she had, then he has just tarnished his own reputation all by himself.

I completely agree!

15 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Cynthia was the only bright spot, looking drop-dead gorgeous in that white dress. Thankfully she kept her brain intact and didn't go home with Peter.

She is too good for this show.

14 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Kenya is full of crap in my opinion.  Although I do really feel Matt is quite volitile and could cause her harm, I also believe Kenya is again poking the bear, here.  I honestly believe she made damn sure Matt was at that event so she could recapture showtime attention.  After all, this is all she has to offer this season to make herself relevant.  The fact that Matt ended his call with Peter, demanding that she stop contacting him and leave him alone, speaks volumns.  I believe she is milking this for airtime but she needs to stop.  He has indeed moved on and has someone else and even now, Kenya is still going after him and his new girlfriend as recently as last night on twitter

Fist bold:  Yes it does speak volumes!  Second bold:  Let me finish up here and run right over there.

13 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

Porsha, shut up. You're stupid. Go down to the Courtyard by Marriott like you did for Duke. So everyone was asleep and you had to sneak him in but the camera crew and producers and lights were perfectly silent.

I thought the same thing.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3

This excerpt from another blogger who lives in Atlanta is a very truthful indication of a Kenya manipulation

Just for the record, this event was held back in August 2016 and Kenya hit ‘The Real’ in October 2016 stating that she her relationship was still ongoing… (click HERE if you missed that).
StraightFromTheA LLC

Of course my problem with the October 2016 statement from Kenya is that Matt had already started dating the new girl by then.

Also, in the same article, the blogger speculated about the timing of the twitter feud and possible lawsuit that hit at just the right time to give Kandi an extra storyline that does not involve Phaedra.  As Phaedra stated and the blogger also reiterated, Johnny and Kandi goes way back and were very close so it just doesn't make sense that he suddenly have problems with Kandi and would go to of all people, Phaedra to seek legal help. 

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 7

Kenya really is a despicable human being. I'm not from her time where I can really appreciate the credit and acknowledgment she got for her pageant accomplishments and the opportunities that came as a result of that. However, I know enough now to see that she's a woman that is desperate to cling to the spotlight and is willing to manipulate things and people in order to have her 15 minutes...and to have the spotlight shining on her as the exemplary victim because I'm sure her script includes her having the courage to walk away from a dangerous relationship - no matter how manufactured it may be. Now, I'm in no way condoning Matt's behaviour. His temper is all real but Kenya knows this and is pushing his buttons to get the reactions on TV but it seems pretty obvious to me that she is making excuses to keep in contact with him and is probably feeding him one story and then when the cameras are around, she's turning it into something else for the sake of drama. I believe Matt's story about how all of this has been unfolding but that still doesn't mean he's not the biggest dumbass to keep getting roped back into her fake drama.

Either Kandi's ex-assistant is really reaching for some camera time or they wanted him to interact with Phaedra to add to her drama with Kandi. There's nothing about his story that truly adds up. As the employer, Kandi was within her right to release him since she felt that his side business was affecting the work he was doing with her. I thought it was a fair compromise to release him but still support his business by using him for events where she could. I also see nothing wrong with his reporting manager being the one to deliver the news. That's the way business works and it's not Kandi's problem if he doesn't know how to separate personal with professional. First his issue was that he felt personally slighted by Kandi then his issue with Phaedra was that he felt underpaid. How can a lawyer advise someone that they potentially have a claim without even asking the person if the payment received was not fulfilled by the agreement that was established prior to taking the job?? It doesn't matter how much he was paid if it was an agreed upon term. I know a bit about the even planning business and a planner can apply different payment options. You can charge a certain percentage of total of the event. You can charge a flat rate. You can charge hourly...the list goes on. It's up to the service provider to review the project, identify the labour and services required and base their price on that. The guy showed up with pay stubs...as in proof of payment that he was getting paid, lol. I'm guessing he probably used a flat rate scale and now after the fact he wants to claim he was underpaid for several hours...the hours you spent working without your client cannot undeniably be measured. He can't prove how many hours he worked and wasn't paid for because his job doesn't have a clock in and clock out system that tracks his hours.

Cynthia has been looking amazing this season. Peter is the same old idiot. He didn't want Cynthia to feel uncomfortable by inviting to her an event where literally hundreds of other people will be at but no worries in suggesting that she go back to his place that's only 3 minutes away. And he walked away abruptly when she said she wasn't comfortable. Hard to think Peter has ever put Cynthia's best interests first.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I broke down and watched this mess last night because there was nothing else on...

Johnny doesn't have a leg to stand on. He didn't work for Kandi as one of her payroll employees, as I understand it, he had his own business and quoted her per project that he did for her. If he's so stupid he can't accurately quote his time and materials....too bad. Phaedra was right to refer him elsewhere. As she said, it's not her area of expertise. I don't think she has an area of expertise.

Kenya.... call the cops. If you don't, you're looking foolish and enabling a man to be abusive to you and your home. And it looks like part of a fake storyline if the cops are not called. I'd put nothing past production in this regard.

Porsha, don't wear a short little robe that makes you look like a schoolgirl sneaking her boyfriend into the bedroom in the middle of the night. This is all so contrived it's ridiculous. 

Cynthia was the only bright spot, looking drop-dead gorgeous in that white dress. Thankfully she kept her brain intact and didn't go home with Peter. When in the middle of a divorce proceeding, if you spend the night with your ex you have to start all over again, in some states. Peter can't afford that car.... that was all for show, I think. I didn't see him showing it off anywhere that night.

Sheree.... a novelist? LMAO, I think I almost choked from laughing so hard. Bob was right, she never finishes anything or does anything right when she gets these grandiose ideas. Bob needs to stay home and off this show. He looks stupid most of the time, not a good look for any man.

You pretty much said everything I wanted to. 

Johnny is either an idiot or playing for his 15 minutes.  Kandi may keep a close eye on her coins (which is partly why she has many more than the other Hos do) but she doesn't strike me as an unfair person.  If Johnny made a deal for $500 per week to do things as her assistant, he should have clarified how many hours.  He didn't say he was working 80 or so hours every week.  If he was, he should have renegotiated his pay.  I don't imagine he has a legal leg to stand on, especially since he didn't seem to be concerned or talking lawsuits until he was let go.  He's a damn fool to burn that bridge though, since Kandi was apparently okay with hiring his company for her events. 

If the Matt drama is for real, Kenya needs to get a TRO.  An irate man should be Phaedra's area of expertise.  That and maybe a dead man.  Has she given up undertaking? 

Porsha is pretty but oh so dumb.  Has she ever said what her single ass needed that big house for?  Girl, please.

Peter and that Mercedes is definitely for show.  Can he even afford $160?  

I had to run off to Amazon and it looks like Sheree's literary masterpiece will be published at the end of this month.  The lead character in her novel is (wait for it) Sasha Wellington.  Ha ha ha! The description on Amazon is below.  Do Sasha, Norman and Paris sound like anyone we know? 

Sasha Wellington has put herself on the fast track to success. Fresh out of college, she’s got her career as a fashion designer and entrepreneur all planned out. Her only wild card is choosing which city to launch from. When fate points her to Atlanta, she sets out to make her dreams come true…

Before she knows it, Sasha’s befriended by two rival BFFs. First there’s Norman, savvy stylist to Atlanta’s stars, from the A-list on down. Then there’s Paris, an outrageous personality with a questionable nightlife. Between their antics, Sasha’s beyond grateful for her coworker, Casey. Married to an NBA player, Casey’s got class. But there’s more than meets the eye to being a baller’s wife. And the more time Sasha spends among the movers and shakers, the clearer it gets that just like on reality TV, the truth lies behind-the-scenes. Still, she’s not worried about getting caught up in the drama—until she’s romanced by a baller of her own. Can she stick to her game plan, or will Hotlanta derail her future—and reveal a side of herself even she didn’t know existed?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Johnny is either an idiot or playing for his 15 minutes.  Kandi may keep a close eye on her coins (which is partly why she has many more than the other Hos do) but she doesn't strike me as an unfair person.  If Johnny made a deal for $500 per week to do things as her assistant, he should have clarified how many hours.  He didn't say he was working 80 or so hours every week.  If he was, he should have renegotiated his pay.  I don't imagine he has a legal leg to stand on, especially since he didn't seem to be concerned or talking lawsuits until he was let go.  He's a damn fool to burn that bridge though, since Kandi was apparently okay with hiring his company for her events. 

Porsha is pretty but oh so dumb.  Has she ever said what her single ass needed that big house for?  Girl, please.

Porsha said she wanted the big house because she was going to have a family in the near future so I guess she wants to have everything set up for if that happens. Not like a man would have any hopes of wanting to find a place with his new wife and have a say in any of that. Porsha just wants babies and any man that likes her well enough to commit to her, she'll happily accept and let him impregnate her. I'm not sure Porsha is patient enough to find a man she loves more than she loves the idea of marriage and babies.

As for Johnny, amen to his stupidity. He not only burned a bridge of someone who became one of his regular clients, but he has lost the opportunity to use Kandi's profile and her events to showcase the work of his company. It's not at all uncommon for people in the service industry to generate clientele first within their own networks (to which they often do so at a lesser rate because they are an unproven commodity but in the early stages, they value opportunities to build their portfolio). I fail to see why he would do this for his 15 minutes of fame when he's potentially jeopardizing the reputation of his business (then agian, it's been established that he doesn't seem to be all that bright). As a potential client, I see a man who is too incompetent to set the appropriate prices for the services his company provides and then has the audacity to make a spectacle seeking legal counsel as though he wasn't paid what he was owed.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, cooksdelight said:

IF Porsha was smart, she'd get a really nice condo downtown where she could meet the movers and shakers. A big house in the 'burbs way out of town?? Nope, not going to attract anyone but a gold-digger. 

Exactly.  Get a high rise or something in Midtown.  There are a lot of really nice high rises/penthouses in Midtown, Downtown and even Buckhead/Lenox.   

Is she still on that radio show?  I would think being in any of the areas I mentioned above would make more sense than living north, in the 'burbs.  Atlanta commutes are horrific. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

Justin James said it best.....

JUSTINJ

Stopped this as soon as he said that foolishness about Kandi not paying bills. Nothing else he could possibly say would make sense. He sounded too stupid and didn't want to have him get the view count credit that comes after the :30 second mark. 

Since when has anyone accused Kandi of not paying her bills? If anything, she is too generous with people she has a personal connection to (Kim Z, telling Todd to chill on the Phaedra bill for nearly a year, Mama Joyce...need we say more?). No time for foolishness. She even contracted Johnnie for his services after she let him go from her full time payroll.  If someone is referencing the restaurant, as has been pointed out before, the issues with contractors (the same that are faced by MANY people, not just celebrities, but have also affected Kenya and Sheree to cite ppl on this show) are subs suing because the general didn't pay them, not because the owners aren't on top of their bills to the general contractor. The owner is usually named as a matter of course. 

This woman has multiple businesses, homes, income streams and there are ZERO bad reports about her financially, nothing unearthed about her business dealings. Even things that didn't prosper (the play) still didn't come down to her stiffing anyone for the bills. Haters are going to have to find a better angle than that. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 14