Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Charl-Lotta Drama

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I thought Kenya's father "worshiped the ground she walked on" according to her.  So she HAD a strong father figure in her life.  I agree, she's not had the best upbringing, but most people who are similarly afflicted, go to counseling.  The woman is in her 40's.  She's managed to make some $$$, has a beautiful home, is a beautiful woman and still; cannot find ONE GUY ON THE PLANET that she can get along with.  I just don't quite understand it.  Plus the whole "he's dangerous, he's craaaazy" storyline has just been played out.  I'm really tired of it.  Same crap, different person.  It's DUMB and BORING.

I got the distinct impression her father was absent and she was raised by her paternal grandmother.

If this is the case, her father was barely in her life.  I believe she actually ran away from him to get back to her grandmother.  IIRC.

I think therapy and counseling are still generally frowned on in the black community.  So I don't particularly buy the notion that most people who have had a tough upbringing get counselling.

Nor does it mean that this is something that is only for a storyline.  He is dangerous, and he is crazy.  And no woman should be belittled for being abused.  At least not in my book.

I also find his need to blame her all over social media to be highly suspect.  Because abusive men will often claim they have been "manipulated" into their abusive behavior to abusive themselves of guilt.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I got the distinct impression her father was absent and she was raised by her paternal grandmother.

If this is the case, her father was barely in her life.  I believe she actually ran away from him to get back to her grandmother.  IIRC.

I think therapy and counseling are still generally frowned on in the black community.  So I don't particularly buy the notion that most people who have had a tough upbringing get counselling.

Nor does it mean that this is something that is only for a storyline.  He is dangerous, and he is crazy.  And no woman should be belittled for being abused.  At least not in my book.

I also find his need to blame her all over social media to be highly suspect.  Because abusive men will often claim they have been "manipulated" into their abusive behavior to abusive themselves of guilt.

Her father was in her life until she ran away at about 12 and then she was raised by her paternal grandmother. I am not sure if her paternal grandfather was in the picture or not.
As for getting mental/emotional help/counseling, Kenya is not some backwoods person, she is a worldly educated woman that knows she needs help but doesn't seem interested in changing.

As for Matt. Yes, he has crossed the line, big time but I do believe that Kenya has been manipulating him to do so, believing she could control him, for a storyline. Even her father, when she had him talk to Matt, questioned what she was doing to contribute to the situation. I have no doubts that she is telling him 1 thing then doing the opposite to get a reaction from him on camera (which is exactly what Matt claims she did) to keep playing the victim role she so dearly loves. Kenya is still playing games with him and his girlfriend on SM to keep this "act" of hers going.

I am sorry, I should not have used the term "spoiled", indulged would be a better description. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Her father was in her life until she ran away at about 12 and then she was raised by her paternal grandmother. I am not sure if her paternal grandfather was in the picture or not.

No, she was sent to live with him in Texas (IIRC) at 12, after both he and her mother declined to raise her. I think he had set up housekeeping/had other kids and there was a mindset to have him raise all his kids, whether his choice or familial pressure was not specified. She ran away shortly after being sent to him, back to her "home" in Detroit with her paternal grandmother who had raised her since birth. Kenya also mentioned that after she ran away, he did not speak to her for several years. Big sorry ass man baby. That's probably why he semi kisses her ass now...the fame/money and residual guilt for being a piece of shit.

He was nowhere near being a good father figure during her formative years.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, sunsheyen said:

No, she was sent to live with him at 12, after both he and her mother declined to raise her. I think he had set up housekeeping/had other kids and there was a mindset to have him raise all his kids, whether his choice or familial pressure was not specified. She ran away shortly after being sent to him, to her "home" with her paternal grandmother who had raised her since birth. Kenya mentioned that after she ran away, he did not speak to her for several years. 

He was nowhere near acting as a good father during her formative years.

He had just moved there but until then, he was in her life. Kenya refused to see or speak to him and he went along with her decision. Yes, as the parent he should never have given into her and though it doesn't negate that he acted like an idiot/bad parent, she refused to speak to him first and acted like the spoiled child she was and still is. Does anyone know where her paternal grandfather was during her childhood?  

Oh Bob.

I know you're trying to impress Sheree, but why on earth would you jump from a six foot box when your ass can't open up a pickle jar without getting sweaty and winded?

But jump you did, and those NFL knees buckled in protest and you landed flat on your ass. Oh I laughed and I laughed, until tears came and I couldn't breathe. Just like you Bob.

seriously, though - he could have hurt himself so bad. You know he woke up hobbling the next day. Lol

• Love 4

Ugh I have had some reservations about putting Kandi on my "Hate to hate them" list but now she´s on it, and she´s on top. I always liked her a lot but there is nothing likable about her anymore. She´s turned into her mama. I can´t stand anyone she´s close to either, Todd is always hanging out with Peter and a supporter of Apollo and then those nasty, horrible employees of hers (the ones that she pays - not the one she treated unfairly), and of course Mama Joyce. I want it all to come crashing down around her money grabbing ass.

There was way to much time spent on Kandi this episode. She looks like an angry troll-genie.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 7
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, cooksdelight said:

But Matt has to follow the storyline that's been set up for them this season. It's all manufactured drama for the show. Otherwise, his ass would be in jail for the damage he did to her garage, the harassment, etc. 

I'm not feeling that it's all scripted. Matt has issues and he would only be in jail if Kenya pressed charges, so far she has refused to do this.  Unless she has filed recently since filming ceased. I am not sure why she did not press charges, she claimed while speaking to Phaedra that she wants him to get help, jail will not help solve her problem with Matt.  (whatever)

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, Petunia13 said:

If Kenya was going after a man like her father she'd be into a slow talking, brain damaged acting, kinda funny lumbering lug...in other words Bob Whitfield. 

OUCH !

• Love 2