Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Last Ride Of Bonnie & Clyde

1 hour ago, Netfoot said:
5 minutes ago, reggiejax said:

There is a "hail of bullets" and then there is the way Bonnie and Clyde died in real life, which would only be rivaled by Sonny Corleone's cinematic death. Their ultimate fate was the same, but the circumstances were hugely different.

My only problem with this episode was Lucy once again getting all star struck and romantic over people an historian like herself would never be that way about. There was Judith Campbell in the Las Vegas episode, and now Bonnie and Clyde. I guess they had to have Lucy get all mushy over Bonnie and Clyde's love affair in order to get the ball rolling with her and Wyatt.

But in truth, while Bonnie and Clyde would be of interest, what with their being part of the "Public Enemies" era during the Depression, I doubt Lucy would romanticize a pair of low-rent, dirtbag murderers, which is what Bonnie and Clyde truly were.

Version 2.0 did play more like a Officer doing his duty with the prime universe version being like a soldier killing an enemy with no warning.

• Love 1

Lucy needs the Feds to interview her fiancee for Lucy's "security clearance" or something, so she can get a better idea of what he's like.

I'm guess the lifeboat either can't travel on its own or can't go back to a date just before the mothership.

BTW, the 1911 is still pretty popular.

• Love 1

In case I wasn't the only one wondering about the historical truth behind Texan Hamer being a defender of African Americans, from Wikipedia:

Beginning in 1922 Hamer, as senior captain of the Texas Rangers, led the fight in Texas against the Ku Klux Klan. During his long career he saved fifteen African Americans from lynch mobs. The story of his battles to protect blacks in Texas was unknown until the 2016 publication of John Boessenecker's biography of Hamer. In 1930 Hamer and a handful of Rangers protected a black rape suspect from a mob of 6,000 in Sherman, Texas. He personally shot and wounded two of the mob's leaders and forced the lynchers to flee the courthouse. However, the mob set fire to the courthouse and the prisoner died in the raging inferno. Hamer thus became the first and only Texas Ranger to lose a prisoner to a lynch mob.

About the cliché of Wyatt's wife returning in time to break up Lucy and Wyatt: Maybe instead she comes back married to someone else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

In case I wasn't the only one wondering about the historical truth behind Texan Hamer being a defender of African Americans, from Wikipedia:

It was a nice touch when Rufus said your a good man Mr Hamer.

• Love 5

Is it just me, or is anyone else starting to find this show increasingly turning into Assassin's Creed? The whole "shadowy cabal controls everything while our heroes go back in time to interact with it" plot feels very familiar, with Rittenhouse playing the part of the Templars. The complicated puzzle box at the end of this one added to the similar feel of the two stories.

2 hours ago, Edgehopper said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else starting to find this show increasingly turning into Assassin's Creed? The whole "shadowy cabal controls everything while our heroes go back in time to interact with it" plot feels very familiar, with Rittenhouse playing the part of the Templars. The complicated puzzle box at the end of this one added to the similar feel of the two stories.

That seems like a lot of plotlines to me.

I didn't care much for the romantic parts of the plot, and so this was not the episode for me.  I was as mad as Rufus was that Lucy and Wyatt left behind the most interesting character.  However, Rufus ended up in quite an interesting subplot.  "Wesley Snipes" was the best moment by far.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, DearEvette said:

This was a fun episode, but the Rittenhouse plot feels labored. I know they need a reason to go romping through history but the fun tends to grind to a halt whenever they bring it back to the main plot.

I agree. I suppose it's required that they have an over-arching story to explain why they're doing all this, but I really don't care about Rittenhouse. It will turn out to be another in a long line of shadowy cabals bent on world domination, somehow operating with total impunity and omniscience over centuries. Yawn.

13 hours ago, benteen said:

I know.  That poor guy just doesn't have any luck with where they sent him.  At least they he didn't encounter the usual race-related problems this time around.

He didn't, but I loved how taken aback Lucy was when the bank guy asked her if she had her father's or husband's permission to open a bank account. It's one thing to know intellectually that the rights of women were severely, severely limited in ways that seem perfectly insane today (even though women have had the right to vote in the US for fewer than 100 years), and another to experience it first-hand. 

8 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

And I need to set up a keyboard macro for this, but please, why can't Wyatt shave? It's so weird because he's the only man on the show with that slight scruff that's not enough to count as a beard. Even the outlaws were more clean-cut. It just looks so out of place. I seriously doubt that actor has the kind of clout to have a no-shave clause in his contract, and it's only a few days of growth, so it's not like it would be a problem for him to be able to grow it back. There's no real story reason -- in fact, there are more story reasons for him to shave. It's becoming a distraction. I almost can't think of anything else when they show him in close-up.

I think others have made this point, but I think Wyatt doesn't shave because the actor is too baby-faced without some scruff, especially in a role that's supposed to be a battle-hardened solider. Lots of people seem to find him lacking in that respect, so my guess is that he's compelled to keep it to make him look a little less like a pretty boy and more manly.

Edited by stanleyk
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, vibeology said:

The Rittenhouse stuff is still mysterious. I don't believe that Agent Christopher looked up Rittenhouse and found nothing at all seeing as there is an actual historical figure with that name, but I guess the show either isn't going to go that way or wants to hold that detail back. Her scene with Rufus was another episode highlight.

Maybe Homeland Security bars their agents access to Wikipedia, heh.

8 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

And I need to set up a keyboard macro for this, but please, why can't Wyatt shave? It's so weird because he's the only man on the show with that slight scruff that's not enough to count as a beard. Even the outlaws were more clean-cut. It just looks so out of place. I seriously doubt that actor has the kind of clout to have a no-shave clause in his contract, and it's only a few days of growth, so it's not like it would be a problem for him to be able to grow it back. There's no real story reason -- in fact, there are more story reasons for him to shave. It's becoming a distraction. I almost can't think of anything else when they show him in close-up.

Yes!  Always glad to meet another person who is ALWAYS taken out of the show every time Scruffy Face shows up on screen looking totally out of place.

Next week the mid-season finale (what a silly term) and the head writer said that

Spoiler

this is the one that will answer a lot of the conspiracy questions.  That he doesn't believe in stringing the audience out forever on this stuff.  Let us hope he is not lying to us.

Edited by green
11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Well, they don't seem too capable of stopping Garcia from doing anything anyway even when they go back to the same day. Plus Garcia never travels back to a date when "nothing" happens. Since he went back to the day before B+C were to be murdered, it's pretty safe they are what he is back for. And they've already changed history beyond hope with killing random people in every time zone. So Lucy knew B+C were to be murdered the next day ... why not clue them in or divert them instead of playing bank-robbing lovers. Once they spotted the necklace, that's all they needed to retrieve. Wyatt could have just shot Clyde and grabbed Bonnie's necklace. Instead, there was yet another big fail for our team. Plus I hate Rufus being named Rufus for so many reasons. Better he keeps Wesley as his first name. (Of course, this is an imaginary show about imaginary time travel, so whatever I think has absolutely no relevance. So there's that.)

Rufus is named Rufus after George Carlin's character (Rufus) in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

• Love 2

Like with the Agent Scully bit from last week, the Wesley Snipes identity is even funnier then normal, because it was actually on his ID, so either whoever makes those did it for fun, or, as I like the prefer, Rufus (and the other two) are the ones that keep telling the ID makers who they want to be, and Christopher or whoever just rolls their eyes and says "Fine, let them have fun!"  Although, this one takes the cake for having the bonus of an exasperated Flynn yelling "That is not Wesley Snipes!"  I bet he never would have imagined he'd have to say something like that during his time-traveling rampage throughout time!

Another fun episode.  They likely did romanticized Bonnie & Clyde like most shows did, but the actors were great, especially the actress (Jacqueline Byers, apparently) as Bonnie.  The actress has a bit of the Keira Knightley/Katie McGrath/Daisy Ridley look going for her as well.

First episode they really points towards an eventual romantic relationship between Lucy and Wyatt, I see.  Kind of indifferent about it, but hopefully they'll do it in a way which won't suck or drag down the show.  I can only hope.

Chris Mulkey as Hamer was a treat.

Wyatt talking about his marriage proposal was Matt Lanter's best work so far.

Abigail Spencer really seems born to be in these period outfits and looks.

Glad Sakina Jaffrey is finally getting some stuff to do, by being more suspicious of Mason, noticing the Rittenhouse connections, and now convincing Rufus to tell her about them.  I just hope this doesn't lead to her death or worse.  Worse as in they just totally revealed that she has a daughter!  Uh oh!

I totally forgot Lucy still has that fiancé....

Flynn got the key, that he used to open some kind of box in a museum, that has some kind of letter.  Yeah, I still got nothing. 

• Love 4

Yeah, the clock. Goes right along with the centuries old secret cabal storyline. Except, come on. Henry Ford never used any of his mechanical expertise on it? He just said, key's gone, guess this will never be opened?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, stanleyk said:

I think others have made this point, but I think Wyatt doesn't shave because the actor is too baby-faced without some scruff, especially in a role that's supposed to be a battle-hardened solider. Lots of people seem to find him lacking in that respect, so my guess is that he's compelled to keep it to make him look a little less like a pretty boy and more manly.

Nah. It's the same reason he always has the same perfectly quaffed 2010s-era haircut in all situations. It's to make him look attractive to TV viewers so they'll watch the show. If they wanted him to look older and more hardened, they could do that with makeup that's not obvious to the viewer, or they could have cast an older looking actor.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

First episode they really points towards an eventual romantic relationship between Lucy and Wyatt, I see.  Kind of indifferent about it, but hopefully they'll do it in a way which won't suck or drag down the show.  I can only hope.

Liked this one. But weirdly didn't think the Lucy /Wyatt parts were all that romantic.  I really get such a brother sister type vibe from them.   I enjoyed how awkward the entire interaction was. I particularly thought his hand on her hip was glaringly awkward. 

Once again the team fails. Does Rittenhouse want that? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BooBear said:

L

Right now they are a problem, but not so much of a problem as to risk  exposure and attack them when at home. Presumably Homeland Security has beefed up security at the Lifeboat base and Mason Industries so that can't be attacked openly.

I saw the clock, I though Rambaldi.

Anyhow, I actually loved this episode to pieces. I watched it twice, which is something for me.

I always liked Wyatt, and I am a shameless shipper (Olicity 4ever!) so this was just what I liked, neatly tied with a bow. Thank you, writers. Also, Bonnie was wonderful.

The team does not fail that often. True, they fail to catch / kill Flynn, but they usually manage to avid major derailment of history. 

• Love 4

I wonder what would happen if they went back to a recent time, and Wyatt flashes the fake ID, the cop says, "Hey, wait a minute.  I know (random celebrity).  I went to school with him.  I just talked to him last week."  Your move, Wyatt.

11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Wyatt talking about his marriage proposal was Matt Lanter's best work so far.

It was but for some reason I kind of hated that he had to use his personal proposal story as part of their cover because Lucy couldn't improvise better. Of course the bed lies are rooted in truth so he actually did the right thing to help smooth things over.

Normally, I'm a shipper but for some reason I'm not really feeling Wucy. It's just too predictable. Besides I like the platonic but deep ride or die bonds of the Time Traveling Trio. I much rather we see each of the team find love outside of the core three.

"How far back to these dicks go?" Great line by Wyatt.

Flynn broke my heart killing 1969 Daddy Pine last week; his casual killing of innocents really pisses me off. But GV does infuse Flynn with humor and anguish and smarts that keep him sympathetic to me a bit. And again GV knows how to wear a fedora and 1930s clothing.

• Love 1

I do not understand, why is the fact that Lucy is awestruck unexpected or unprofessional? Studying history means you are really invested and the emotional aspect of seeing these people, which you know are dead, because they are in the past, are now and here ALIVE and you can see them? You have to be dead not to be invested.

I find it perfectly believable, the same way people who work in other fields are completely in love with them as well.
Hell, I know a person who works for CERN and she is STILL excited, after so many years there "omg, i am working THERE!!", trained biologists can be awestruck by a single individual of a species, they know perfectly well... and a human is a lot more unique than a bird, for example.

If she DIDN'T care, I'd be weirded out... that would be strange, especially for a historian.

• Love 14

"Rufus is named Rufus after George Carlin's character (Rufus) in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure." I wish he had been named Bill or Ted (or George or even Carlin) instead of Rufus, which is a slave name. I'm not prejudiced in any way, but that name just glares racism to me. This character deserves better.

3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I wish he had been named Bill or Ted (or George or even Carlin) instead of Rufus, which is a slave name.

Is it?  Never realized that.

Well, they say breadfruit is slave food, and I know lots of people that refuse to eat it for that reason.  But given how good it tastes...

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

wonder what would happen if they went back to a recent time, and Wyatt flashes the fake ID, the cop says, "Hey, wait a minute.  I know (random celebrity).  I went to school with him.  I just talked to him last week."  Your move, Wyatt.

I may be drawing a blank on some of the aliases, but it seems like, Wesley Snipes aside, they usually use the names of fictional characters (Dr. Quinn, Agent Mulder, Nurse Jackie, etc.). And it's a different (era-appropriate) ID each time if they have an ID, so maybe the person in charge of fake IDs keeps in mind the era. Not to mention, even if that scenario did happen, the person would more than likely say, "Oh wow, what a coincidence, I know someone with that same name!" not assume that the person was committing identity fraud.

• Love 2

Another thing I like about this episode is that it wasn't an event that would be world changing if the outcome was changed.

Why does Lucy get mad at Wyatt for saying they bought hooch?  LOVE the look Wyatt gives the traitor when he hits on Lucy.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I wonder what would happen if they went back to a recent time, and Wyatt flashes the fake ID, the cop says, "Hey, wait a minute.  I know (random celebrity).  I went to school with him.  I just talked to him last week."  Your move, Wyatt.

Define "recent."  Remember, they can't go back to any year after 1982, since Lucy was born in 1983.  So pop-culture names from 2016 simply wouldn't pose that kind of problem -- for example, nobody in 1972 believed that "Kanye" was even a real name, which is why Rufus nearly got his ass kicked by the Black Panthers.

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, stanleyk said:

I agree. I suppose it's required that they have an over-arching story to explain why they're doing all this, but I really don't care about Rittenhouse. It will turn out to be another in a long line of shadowy cabals bent on world domination, somehow operating with total impunity and omniscience over centuries. Yawn.

He didn't, but I loved how taken aback Lucy was when the bank guy asked her if she had her father's or husband's permission to open a bank account. It's one thing to know intellectually that the rights of women were severely, severely limited in ways that seem perfectly insane today (even though women have had the right to vote in the US for fewer than 100 years), and another to experience it first-hand. 

Ah, he's getting Rikered.

25 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

If that's the approach then they should go with an actual beard, not stubble.

That could be even worse, depending on the time period.  For most of the 20th Century, at least, beards were not in fashion among men Wyatt's age (and even moustaches were out of style from about 1940 to roughly 1975).  In fact, clean-shaven for men (especially for young men) was the rule rather than the exception from the 1700s through about 1970.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

That could be even worse, depending on the time period.  For most of the 20th Century, at least, beards were not in fashion among men Wyatt's age (and even moustaches were out of style from about 1940 to roughly 1975).  In fact, clean-shaven for men (especially for young men) was the rule rather than the exception from the 1700s through about 1970.

Unless you flew Spitfires for the RAF...

• Love 3

I was glad that the show did several separated storylines including the Present Time Team shenanigans with Rittenhouse. We also had some glimpses into agent Christopher's personal life and her slowly getting a clue about the main bad guy.

The 1930s plot was kind of meh, apart from Wyatt going all suave James Bond on Lucy and Bonny&Clyde. Also, bonus points for his tragic "My wife is dead" eyes and the engagement story Lucy fell for completely. Even if the Ford's key thing went absolutely nowhere, Matt Lanter (in fedora and in rose-adorned necktie) made it worthwhile for me.

Great moments between Rufus and Hammer and Rufus and agent Christopher. Good thing they didn't forget Rufus's love life! Bad thing they, for reasons unknown, decided to remember Lucy's love life and her irrelevant so called fiance she knows nothing about but wants to date out of obligation anyway (?????). No wonder Wyatt's kiss blindsided her so much: he at least charming and has an actual personality.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 12/6/2016 at 3:27 PM, tennisgurl said:

I really liked the Fed guy who was chasing Bonnie and Clyde, who stood up to Flynn. He seemed like a really solid guy, and its good to see a few law enforcement officials back in the day who were on the up and up.

After he was done talking to Flynn, shouldn't he have given "Wesley" his ID back instead of dramatically walking away?

14 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

If that's the approach then they should go with an actual beard, not stubble.

Riker needed a beard because Frakes was so happy to be on Star Trek he couldn't stop grinning. Don Johnson was given stubble to hide his babyface for Miami Vice.

I don't believe that Agent Christopher looked up Rittenhouse and found nothing at all seeing as there is an actual historical figure with that name, but I guess the show either isn't going to go that way or wants to hold that detail back. 

If I do a quick Google or Wikipedia search on Rittenhouse nothing jumps out at me that screams "vast network of global controlling goons." Yes, I see the entry for one David Rittenhouse, 1732-1796 but there's really nothing in his biography that would automatically make me think this shady Rittenhouse organization is in any way connected to him, given how long ago he lived and the scant information we have on the group at this point. The fact that he was the first director of the US Mint doesn't automatically make me go "OMG it's him it's him it's him!!" So far we have nothing to go on as far as WTF this Rittenhouse organization is trying to accomplish, so the fact that someone with that name from the 1700s was director of the US mint doesn't seem like much of a connection to me.

Chris Mulkey as Hamer was a treat

Doh! I spent the whole episode thinking it was Chris Cooper. They look so much alike.

It's the same reason he always has the same perfectly quaffed 2010s-era haircut in all situations. It's to make him look attractive to TV viewers so they'll watch the show. If they wanted him to look older and more hardened, they could do that with makeup that's not obvious to the viewer, or they could have cast an older looking actor.

Agreed. The actor and/or the show just thinks Matt Lanter is "hot" with the scruff, period. They don't give a hang whether it's period appropriate. I wish they would take note of fan reaction because lots of us find it horribly distracting. If they're so damn determined Lanter not be clean-shaven they could at least acknowledge it on the show. Have some character point it out to him so we, the audience, can collectively say "Thank you." I'm just dying for some character in the 1950s or 1960s to call him out as a damned hippie.

23 hours ago, saber5055 said:

"Rufus is named Rufus after George Carlin's character (Rufus) in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure." I wish he had been named Bill or Ted (or George or even Carlin) instead of Rufus, which is a slave name. I'm not prejudiced in any way, but that name just glares racism to me. This character deserves better.

Slave name??  It makes me think of a neighbor's dog who was named Rufus.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

...Riker needed a beard because Frakes was so happy to be on Star Trek he couldn't stop grinning. Don Johnson was given stubble to hide his babyface for Miami Vice.

Earlier this week I happened upon a picture of Don Johnson with his Miami Vice stubble and immediately thought of Wyatt. Don Johnson was paraphrased as saying that the stubble was supposed to indicate that he'd been out partying all night as part of his undercover work. If I find the web page where I read that, I'll post the URL.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2016 at 5:37 PM, Edgehopper said:

Henry Ford was a Templar in Assassin's Creed too.

On 12/7/2016 at 11:56 AM, TobinAlbers said:

"How far back to these dicks go?" Great line by Wyatt.

Didn't he learn in the Nixon episode that Rittenhouse was around during the colonial period?

I wish he had been named Bill or Ted (or George or even Carlin) instead of Rufus, which is a slave name.

Rufus is a Roman name meaning red haired.  http://www.behindthename.com/name/rufus

True, some slave holders called their slaves by classical names such as Caesar, but whether that makes Rufus a slave name is a matter of opinion.  Rufus could have been named after a relative or someone else. 

• Love 3

There whole mission and purpose of their timeline would negate why they were there in the first place. They were sent to get that key based off information from current history. Well that "key" would never have been documented and the briefing before the mission would not have happened cause that "key" wouldnt have been known to exist if not documented on bonnies neck. So when returning to present time the Agent lady asks about the "key" well the timeline has changed and she would have never known about a "key" their originial mission would have had to been based on other facts besides figuring out what the key does. Huge time travel issues with this show.

Just imagine that as soon as he got out of the lifeboat Rufus tells Agent Christopher, "We were in 1934. Flynn was after a key Cylde Barrow stole from Henry Ford." and then the show picks up from there. Also, Clyde said that Henry Ford placed an ad promising $50,000 dollars for the return of the key and Frank Hamer may has also documented his interactions with the "Bounty Hunter", so there would be some record of it.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Driad said:

Rufus is a Roman name meaning red haired.  http://www.behindthename.com/name/rufus

True, some slave holders called their slaves by classical names such as Caesar, but whether that makes Rufus a slave name is a matter of opinion.  Rufus could have been named after a relative or someone else. 

And while we are discussing their names, for me, Lucy always makes me think of Charlie Brown.  I hope Wyatt never asks her to hold a football for him, lol.

• Love 3

The term "slave name" was first coined by the Wally Fard Cult (AKA The Nation of Islam), when they started getting rid of their sunames and changing them to "X" for "Unknown REAL name" Malcolm Little changed his name to "Malcolm X" which is what his will always be known by, even though he changed it again to El Hajj El Maik Al Shabazz later on. Also, Cassius Clay changed his name to "Mohammed Ali" after he joined the cult.

• Love 1

I did like Wyatt's engagement story, but that does highlight a problem with the potential Wyatt and Lucy ship and that is that Wyatt is not ready to be with anyone else and as long as time travel is a part of his life, he's never going to move on from his wife. He's always think if he just does the right thing, he can get her back.

That's why I'm becoming increasingly convinced that she never died and is part of Rittenhouse (perhaps like Doc, she went into hiding or perhaps she was only close to a SEAL to get access to information of some sort). He's only going to be able to move on from her if she betrayed him. Even if she ends up married to somebody else in one of the timelines, he's going to keep trying to fix the timelines to get her back. If she faked her death and has been fooling him all along, then he can move on. As long as he feels responsible for her death and thinks he can save her, he cannot.

Plus, the fact that she disappeared on a road and her killer has never been found makes me think she is not dead (a body was found, but Rittenhouse can surely fake a DNA test). Add in the Rambaldi clock, and I'm sure she isn't dead - she is SpyMommy!

I know.  That poor guy just doesn't have any luck with where they sent him.  At least they he didn't encounter the usual race-related problems this time around.

Being African-Amerian may have actually have helped him out a little this time. It made Hamer suspicious of Flynn's motives and a little more protective. He knows that African-Americans are especially vulnerable, so he seemed to be a bit more cautious. He also let Rufus go out the back door to avoid Flynn. Would he have felt the need to be as cautious about vigilante justice with a white suspect (who is less likely to have been a victim of it)? Maybe.

I once met a guy named Bill Gates who was a computer scientist. Of course, Microsoft Bill Gates wasn't famous when the Bill Gates I met was born. He said he frequently got angry messages on his voice mail. He always wondered if people actually think Bill Gates would have a listed number in a city not Seattle or if people were just so vexed with their Microsoft product, they felt the need to vent somehow. Anyway, it's all to say that some people end up with same name as somebody famous. 

They don't seem to be picking real names of famous people from the eras. They either pick fictional names (from material that wouldn't be written until years later) or celebrity names who would not have been born at the time. I'm sure they will mess up one day and will have to say how it sucks they share a famous name like Bill.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kili said:

Being African-Amerian may have actually have helped him out a little this time. It made Hamer suspicious of Flynn's motives and a little more protective. He knows that African-Americans are especially vulnerable, so he seemed to be a bit more cautious.

What saved Rufus was that Hamer wasn't a bigot (or at least not a knee-jerk bigot). He cared more about justice than the color of someone's skin.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kili said:

That's why I'm becoming increasingly convinced that she never died and is part of Rittenhouse (perhaps like Doc, she went into hiding or perhaps she was only close to a SEAL to get access to information of some sort). He's only going to be able to move on from her if she betrayed him. Even if she ends up married to somebody else in one of the timelines, he's going to keep trying to fix the timelines to get her back. If she faked her death and has been fooling him all along, then he can move on. As long as he feels responsible for her death and thinks he can save her, he cannot.

Interesting!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, kili said:

Taking this to the Speculation without Spoilers thread.

• Love 1