Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/28/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Sarah Jessica Parker ("Divorce"); "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday: Neil Patrick Harris; Tim Tebow (author, "Shaken: Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms")

Wednesday: Tom Ford ("Nocturnal Animals")

Thursday: Day of Hot Topics

Friday: Holland Taylor (Broadway's "The Front Page")

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

Somebody please remind "Shrieking Jed" Trump's threats to shut down all forms of mainstream, liberal media which dare disagree with him, eliminate the right to free speech, religious freedom, rights for minorities, women, the disabled, the poor, elderly, g/l/t/b Americans & elimination of public schools, make her IDOL as  dangerous & evil as Fidel Castro. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Somebody please remind "Shrieking Jed" Trump's threats to shut down all forms of mainstream, liberal media which dare disagree with him, eliminate the right to free speech, religious freedom, rights for minorities, women, the disabled, the poor, elderly, g/l/t/b Americans & elimination of public schools, make her IDOL as  dangerous & evil as Fidel Castro. 

Please do not compare Trump to Castro. I have problems with his tax policy, foreign policy, social views and temperament but I would never say he is as evil and dangerous as Hitler, Stalin or Castro. Stop that. These knee jerk dictator comparisons give good liberal arguments against bad republicans less credibility. 

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 3

1. This forum is for the The View. If you want to talk politics in polite manner, we have another forum it for it

2. Please always use a civil tone when replying to others. If you disagree, ignore them in your CP.

Please be mindful of what you post and discuss. Thank you.

• Love 2

Man oh man, does it ever piss Whoopi off when Jedidheehee won't fall in step behind her, lmao!  She just would not back down about Obama's comments on Cuba and you could have fried an egg on Whoopi's ass, she was so hot.  And she barely tried to even hide it.  I may have to reconsider hating Jediyeehaw if she can keep this up.  

Maybe it shows how petty I am, but Whoopi Goldberg has ruined this show for me for years and I want her to be completely miserable until she finally leaves.  Maybe if it gets bad enough, Whoopi will fake an illness or something and go early. 

Keep up the good work, Jedihoohaa! 

• Love 7

Oh I forgot to mention how pathetic it was when that vapid, waste-of-space Sara was all "why bother" about the voting recounts.

I guess she just wouldn't want to make people, you know ... uncomfortable or something by revealing massive fucking FRAUD in the election for president of the United States.  What a useless damn airheaded idiot that woman is.  She is how you end up with corrupt systems led by despots ... people like her just ignore shit and roll over because the thought of making waves, oooooohhh god forbid.  You wouldn't want to be unpleasant or anything.  Being nice is far more important than having legitimate elections. 

She's better off when she just sits there saying nothing.  I know I prefer her to remain mute.  She's just STUPID. 

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh I forgot to mention how pathetic it was when that vapid, waste-of-space Sara was all "why bother" about the voting recounts.

I guess she just wouldn't want to make people, you know ... uncomfortable or something by revealing massive fucking FRAUD in the election for president of the United States.  What a useless damn airheaded idiot that woman is.  She is how you end up with corrupt systems led by despots ... people like her just ignore shit and roll over because the thought of making waves, oooooohhh god forbid.  You wouldn't want to be unpleasant or anything.  Being nice is far more important than having legitimate elections. 

She's better off when she just sits there saying nothing.  I know I prefer her to remain mute.  She's just STUPID. 

Thank you, Celia Rubenstein, for your excellent comments!

Airhead Sara is such a flake on all levels.  She tries to join the "heavy discussions" (I know that is a stretch for this show) but she is just lost in the sauce.  She is better off staying mute, looking left then looking right and listening in her earpiece for when she can talk about the latest shampoo to hit the shelves!

And why the overdose of stop sign red lip stick today? Anyone else notice?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I guess she just wouldn't want to make people, you know ... uncomfortable or something by revealing massive fucking FRAUD in the election for president of the United States.  What a useless damn airheaded idiot that woman is.  She is how you end up with corrupt systems led by despots ... people like her just ignore shit and roll over because the thought of making waves, oooooohhh god forbid.  You wouldn't want to be unpleasant or anything.  Being nice is far more important than having legitimate elections

I don't think it's so much about not wanting things to be unpleasant but more about how Sara's life stays the same regardless of what happens.  She is well off white woman.  Her life won't be upended if Trump is President.  And she has much more important things to worry about than voting fraud.  Like buying clothes, wearing them and returning them for a refund.  Or worrying about whether her husband will ever satisfy her in bed.

• Love 12

Not sure how much more I can take from Jediblahblah. She simply drives me crazy as she is always, always arguing, never agreeing, and doesn't even get no one really agrees with her on the panel, imo. She throws so much into a single subject she is all over the place. And then laughs like a hyena. Love that Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny were exasperated with her today.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Not sure how much more I can take from Jediblahblah. She simply drives me crazy as she is always, always arguing, never agreeing, and doesn't even get no one really agrees with her on the panel, imo. She throws so much into a single subject she is all over the place. And then laughs like a hyena. Love that Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny were exasperated with her today.

I agree, and Whoopi directing her ire at Jedi makes her much more bearable than usual. Get Jedi fired before you leave, Whoopi!

• Love 16
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Jedi coming out hard against Castro was pretty hilarious considering she defends Trump everyday. The other co-hosts seemed like they were practically on the verge of laughing at her. I imagine that she'd love Castro if he'd been an American.

I don't really understand her point.   Castro died, and she was upset that Obama didn't make a statement that Castro was a horrible dictator.  Did she miss the part that SOME people in Cuba hated him, and SOME people loved him?  Obama's statement was very diplomatic and supportive, which is exactly the right tone to take, since the US is trying to have a more friendly relationship with the country.  Was  Castro a dictator?  Yes, of course.   But the occasion of his death is not the right time for a presidential statement to that regard.   Cuba is not united in whether they are mourning or celebrating his death, and we don't have to butt in and tell them how we want them to react. 

Jed doesn't understand that people in Cuba have lived their entire lives under a dictator, with limited access to any other way to live.   If they want to think of their leader as a great man, and mourn his passing, we have to let them. 

We may believe that democracy is the best system of leadership.  But we don't get to impose it on other countries.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 23
12 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Every time I see the View Your Deals segments, I keep thinking that they started doing this because of "The Real."

Has anyone here ever bought any thing from those "deals?"  Because the prices don't look all that great to me.   Sort of like the prices at stores that are artificially inflated, then everything is on sale for 50% off.  Example - the slippers, reduced from $46 to $22 - really?  would ANYONE pay $46 for those slippers? 

Here's the description :

Casual, Comfortable, Soft and Super Trendy!

Hottest celeb favorite of the season -- without the designer price tag

Perfect for around the house and to wear outside around town!

Wear as a slipper or as a regular shoe.

Arrives packaged in cotton drawstring storage pouch that's perfect for gifting.

Faux Fur

Perfect for indoor / outdoor use

Yeah, I'm wearing these around town! 

MAIN_IMAGE_PINK_large.jpg

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Jed doesn't understand that people in Cuba have lived their entire lives under a dictator, with limited access to any other way to live.   If they want to think of their leader as a great man, and mourn his passing, we have to let them. 

We may believe that democracy is the best system of leadership.  But we don't get to impose it on other countries.

So true, Backformore. As Whoopie pointed out, Trump immediately tweeted " Fidel Castro is Dead!" The contrast between President Obama who is a balanced, intelligent, and a diplomatic leader and the one we will have with Trump, who wants to dictate in the most garish and divisive way possible, couldn't be more clear. Get ready for the ultimate "Ugly American" as our Commander-in-Chief.

• Love 17

Last year Anthony Bourdain (Parts Unknown) did a special on Cuba on CNN. It has been repeated several times, most recently over the past weekend. Very interesting. Wish anyone on the panel had watched it. Jedi wouldn't even listen to Joy (who recently was in Cuba) about their healthcare and education, etc. Good grief - just because there are some good things going for the Cubans does not mean everything is dismal or there can't be hope for them. Jedi, imo, sees things in black and white and the kitchen sink, rather than grey and baby steps help. 

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I have gone on a Trump diet again. I have to take a break from this show for awhile. 

Totally understand!!  I've backed off my usual viewing of Joy, Rachel, Lawrence, Brian Williams (don't judge), Anderson & Don Lemon because I just don't want to hear anything about Trump, et al.  (I love that KellyAnne is in trouble because she dissed the Donald's (possible) choice of Mitt Romney.)

• Love 13
7 hours ago, backformore said:

I actually liked Whoopi telling Jed "you can't disagree with me until I'm finished saying it." 

And I ate it up. Jedi's always trying to control the flow of the conversation by speaking over others or going off on some tangent to throw the table off-topic to avoid discussing anything that she doesn't like. I'm glad Castro is dead as much as the next person, but the discussion was about the stark contrast in our President's and the president-elect's reactions to the news and what is appropriate for a leader to say in regards to foreign diplomacy. These coming years are going to drag enough as it is without having to listen to someone like Jedi talk deliberate nonsense everyday.

• Love 15

I (accidentally) "dipped in" to Don Lemon's show & there's a Trump supporter guy saying Trump won by a "landslide".  Don showed the statistics of a bunch of Presidents & Trump's win was far from a landslide.  Even after Don showed (this idiot) the FACTS, he still said "Trump won by a landslide".  What the hell?  What is it with these TrumpBots?  They continue to lie, lie, lie!!!

• Love 14

I was a bit disappointed that Joy, who has been to Cuba, didn't try a bit harder to say that the people there are not living in slumps or are doing as bad as Jed said. It kind of gave me flash backs to Trevor Noah's first time on the Daily Show with "This is Africa" segment. Just because we live in a developed nation doesn't mean that everyone is mucking it on the streets.

I also think it's hypocritical for Jed to not be diplomatic when it comes to Castro's death, because if say Bush Jr dies and Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, and the other countries that were bombed for no reason say "Yay he's finally gone." She'd be mortified that they are cheering for a man's death, a man who did some really bad things and was responsible for millions of deaths, but a man who was president nonetheless. Granted, it would probably fit her muslims are barbaric type of view, but I think the comparison is kind of there.

When you are trying to maintain diplomatic ties to a country that you can't just make statements that Jed wants the president to say. It's illogical, especially since Cuba and the States are only recently trying to get along.

On 11/28/2016 at 5:35 PM, backformore said:

Has anyone here ever bought any thing from those "deals?"  Because the prices don't look all that great to me.   Sort of like the prices at stores that are artificially inflated, then everything is on sale for 50% off.  Example - the slippers, reduced from $46 to $22 - really?  would ANYONE pay $46 for those slippers? 

Here's the description :

Yeah, I'm wearing these around town! 

MAIN_IMAGE_PINK_large.jpg

Haha, I'm not sure if anyone buys them but since the Real does these sorts of things all the time I started noticing that The View was starting it too.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I (accidentally) "dipped in" to Don Lemon's show & there's a Trump supporter guy saying Trump won by a "landslide".  Don showed the statistics of a bunch of Presidents & Trump's win was far from a landslide.  Even after Don showed (this idiot) the FACTS, he still said "Trump won by a landslide".  What the hell?  What is it with these TrumpBots?  They continue to lie, lie, lie!!!

We think they think if they say it enough it will then be fact or people will remember it as fact.  Remember Trump kept repeating things and then said "believe me" a lot of times, and then people believed him.  

• Love 6

So glad when they came back from the first break that they (Whoopi and Joy) brought up that Trump only tweeted about flag burning to distract public attention from his horrendous appointments. That guy needs to get banned from twitter. He uses and abuses the media, relies on InfoWars crap and meanwhile half of America is lapping it all up. Think Berlusconi. Trump's great at casting himself as a victim of the vicious librul media.  

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

But Paula picked up the obnoxious role for her. What is it about that seat that makes everyone insufferable?

NO shit. Paula was making me stabby. "If you don't like the country ... just leave!" Well, Paula, with tubby rump as President-elect, if I could leave I would be gone already..

I hate to say it, but I was kind of cheering for Whoopi vs Paula.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

So glad when they came back from the first break that they (Whoopi and Joy) brought up that Trump only tweeted about flag burning to distract public attention from his horrendous appointments. That guy needs to get banned from twitter. He uses and abuses the media, relies on InfoWars crap and meanwhile half of American is lapping it all up. Think Berlusconi. Trump's great at casting himself as a victim of the vicious librul media.  

I say let him keep twitter so he can continue to embarrass himself.

What was that thing Sara was selling? There was so much giggling I didn't catch it.

Good for Joy and Whoopi on the birth control thing. Also, the pill is prescribed for things other than birth control.

Paula acts like women get abortions like changing their socks.

STABBY

Edited by ari333
  • Love 17
20 minutes ago, Haleth said:

But Paula picked up the obnoxious role for her. What is it about that seat that makes everyone insufferable?

Hmmm...maybe that chair is cursed. I'm surprised that Sunny hasn't turned into a Bible-spouting, strident voiced Republican, her sitting in Malibu Barbie's place.

Is Whoopi modeling one of her $200 Christmas sweaters?

So...is Paula back temporarily? Why doesn't this show get a panel - a good one, please - and stick with it.

And I LOVE that word.....STABBY!!!!!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

Hmmm...maybe that chair is cursed. I'm surprised that Sunny hasn't turned into a Bible-spouting, strident voiced Republican, her sitting in Malibu Barbie's place.

Is Whoopi modeling one of her $200 Christmas sweaters?

So...is Paula back temporarily? Why doesn't this show get a panel - a good one, please - and stick with it.

And I LOVE that word.....STABBY!!!!!

Me too!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

NO shit. Paula was making me stabby. "If you don't like the country ... just leave!" Well, Paula, with tubby rump as President-elect, if I could leave I would be gone already..

It's one thing to say if you don't like your job, then quit.  But it's not so easy to just leave your country.  Even here in Canada, where we need immigrants to keep our population growing, it's not always easy to get in.  And, actually, it's harder to get in if you're coming from a stable country, like the US, which lots of people found out when they Googled "Canadian Immigration" on election night.

I like the word "stabby" too. Seriously, Paula replacing Jedidiah (sp?) just made for the same arguing words but coming out of a different face.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Kenz said:

I am so envious of the Canadian posters on this board. Thank you for empathizing with us who are stuck with the orange loon as our leader(!) for who knows how long. ...sigh...

I live in Alberta who voted in a third party because they were sick of the Conservatives who had been in power for many years.  I feel your pain!!  Everything is not "sweetness & light" here, either!!

• Love 11

I'm in Canada which I'm happy about but it's heartbreaking  for many of us here to watch what's happening daily.  It's frightening and I don't understand why immigration makes it so hard to get in 

I've taken a break from the show for the most part for 3 weeks now. Reading here is about all I can handle but anything with reference to the DT's I skip over 

• Love 9

Paula if you don't like that women have the right to have abortions then leave  the country because it's a law. 

Paula  and Jedatrumpa are  just exhausting. 

Ok she says she thinks birth control it's not an religious issue she has many non religious friends who are against abortion Joy asks then asks why are are they against it?   " Maybe because it's interfering with Gods plan!"   Is it too early to get into the vodka and ginger beer??  

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 19

Paula really was being obtuse and stupid all at the same time today.  Leaving a dinner table because you don't like the food is nothing like protesting your government's actions.  But she wants them to leave the country.   I just don't get why she can't see that.  She sounded so Bitsy-like today.  Whoopi did try hard to explain all that to her but she kept repeating her idiotic view.

I think I heard someone aptly point out that if everyone is so upset about Castro and Obama's remarks about him, then why are the same people okay with Trump saying he would violate the 1st amendment etc.  I am a Canuck, so not super knowledgeable about this, but the argument being made was Trump is going against the Constitution and a Supreme Court ruling.  And he is only doing that to stir shit up because I am pretty sure he doesn't really care.

3 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Paula if you don't like that women have the right to have abortions then leave  the country because it's a law. 

Paula  and Jedatrumpa are  just exhausting. 

Ok she says she thinks it's not an religious issue she has many non religious friends who are against abortion Joy asks then asks why are are they against it?   " Maybe because it's interfering with Gods plan!"   Is it too early to get into the vodka and ginger beer??  

Yes!  Another example of her just being ridiculous.  It's like someone told her she had to play the role of Bitsy/BAB/Jediblah blah today.

• Love 14

Oh Jeebus Fooking Christ! had to be on birth control to regulate my cycle because I had polycystic ovary syndrome. Long story short, in the end, none of it worked and so I had to get a hysterectomy.  Point is, if I understand the idiocy of Paula and Jedifoxbot, they think that it's only used to prevent pregnancies?

To which I say, Get the Fuck out of my face, take several gazillion ?, and do some Fucking research. Since one of them claims to be a journalist.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, bannana said:

It's like someone told her she had to play the role of Bitsy/BAB/Jediblah blah today.

Yesterday when Jediblahblah was going on and on about Cuba, I wondered if she really believes anything she spews out, or if it's just "her job" to be on the opposite side of the others. As for Paula, I didn't care for her last season, and today didn't do anything to change my mind.  

1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I live in Alberta who voted in a third party because they were sick of the Conservatives who had been in power for many years.  I feel your pain!!  Everything is not "sweetness & light" here, either!!

I agree it's not all "sweetness and light" up here, but in my personal dealings, politics is rarely mentioned after an election.  And not all that much during an election campaign either.  

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Yesterday when Jediblahblah was going on and on about Cuba, I wondered if she really believes anything she spews out, or if it's just "her job" to be on the opposite side of the others. As for Paula, I didn't care for her last season, and today didn't do anything to change my mind.  

I agree it's not all "sweetness and light" up here, but in my personal dealings, politics is rarely mentioned after an election.  And not all that much during an election campaign either.  

I guess you don't have a girlfriend & a niece who are staunch Conservatives & never stop talking about how bad the NDP in Alberta & our Liberal Prime Minister are.  They also send me every negative article written about both & call me to whine about every damn thing that's going on.  I've told them both to just stop it because it really bothers me on top of what's happening with Trump.

• Love 4