Type keyword(s) to search

OK...What's Next?

Just now, izabella said:

I keep wondering why it's being called the "infrastructure" plan.  Why isn't it being called his first corporate tax cut, the first corporate tax cut of many in his future plans?

Why did the GOP coin the term "Death Tax" instead of calling it the Inheritance Tax?  Because it does the job of deflecting.  Both major parties are good at it, but the GOP has deflection/dog whistles down to a science.  Dems are gonna get their asses handed to them for the foreseeable future.  Sadly, the vast, vast majority of people who voted for Drumpf are gonna get screwed along with those who didn't.  Drumpf supporters just don't see it coming.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

AND CAN WE PLEASE INVESTIGATE THE VOTES??? New information: Outagamie County, WI - 4 precincts hv more votes for prez than ballots cast Hortonville, more votes than reg voters. 1paper precinct=HRC win

If you live in these states, CALL and get people you know to call: Democrats up and down the ballot should demand an election audit in WI, MI, FL, NC & PA. Especially PA, which has a D gov. They are not.

Do you have a source for that? From the beginning, I suspected voter fraud, not just voter suppression, but it seemed there really wasn't any. Maybe there really was.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Padma said:

Do you have a source for that? From the beginning, I suspected voter fraud, not just voter suppression, but it seemed there really wasn't any. Maybe there really was.

https://twitter.com/LatishaOrtiz54/status/800794295515000832 Her sources and other information are further down the thread. Not the most legit of sources, but she seems to have done her research. Or maybe I've just been suspecting it so much like you and jumped on it. I saw this in the midst of growing horror over other articles I had read. But I think there's definitely enough out there to support a need for investigation.

ETA: Also https://www.co.sauk.wi.us/sites/default/files/fileattachments/2016november_8_general_election_unofficialresults_breakdown_by_race.pdf  You can see 31,838 votes cast, yet 34,323 presidential votes.

Less numbers but other significant information in some of the other articles I posted like this one http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/youre-not-just-imagining-it-the-hillary-clinton-vs-donald-trump-vote-totals-do-look-rigged/104/

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/20/1602092/-HRC-Campaign-Please-challenge-the-vote-in-4-States-as-the-data-says-you-won-NC-PA-WI-FL and one more I closed out and can't find right now.

Edited by VMepicgrl
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

Earlier today, I called the local offices of both my Senators (CA) and my Congresswoman, re: Senator Graham's call for an investigation into Russian interference (!) in the election.

Senator Graham did what?!

IKR. Never thought I 'd agree with him on any damn thing! I listen to the Stephanie Miller Show every morning. You can find it on Free Speech TV or Tune In or stream it online via one of their affiliates (i.e., WCPT out of Chicago). It's Progressive Talk radio, and damn funny. I've been reading Charlie Pierce over at Esquire and The Rude Pundit thanks to their regular guest status.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Senator Graham did what?!

I posted about that awhile ago. From what I read, it sounds like he's more concerned about doing it to punish the Russians, not to change anything on our end or hold trump accountable. Still something, though.

• Love 2

IKR. Never thought I 'd agree with him on any damn thing!

One of the stranger things to emerge from this election, for me, was that I grew to actual respect Lindsay Graham, if not in total, at least specific to his actions regarding Trump.   He got busy early on, burning every bridge open to him backing Cruz only  because it was "like a choice between being shot, or being poisoned"  and he figured you could survive being shot, so better Cruz than the poison that was Trump. 

I've never given the guy a ton of thought but at least in that, I had to respect him because he was speaking in the interest of the country, at the cost to his own position and he knew it.   

I respected the effort.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 11

Watching him dismiss concerns about Coral Caligula's numerous conflicts of interest and the Muslim registry sickens me.

Coral Caligula still sounds awfully fancy. How do you feel about Lumpy Squash? Or Orange Blob? The less dignified the better. 

If we all refuse to tune into his inauguration, SOTUA, etc. and give him embarrassingly low ratings, it will most definitely bruise his ego and he'll go off on a Twitter rant (or lie and say it was the best, most watched, most loved speech in the history of the world - ever. So much better than any that Lincoln or FDR ever gave

The Gettysburg Address got fantastic ratings. ;)

• Love 3

I join my parents camping every year for Thanksgiving - in their motorhome, so not exactly roughing it, lest you think I'm more robust than I am - and this year, as most years, they're at a lake in southern California (yes, we have them, they're just pitifully low by now).  The campground is a state park, and Thanksgiving weekend generally attracts a fairly diverse group of people in the decades we've been doing this.  Of minority groups, Latinos are most common. 

I'm packing my clothes tonight, and since I'll be camping it's all jeans, lounge pants, and t-shirts/tank tops with a sweatshirt for the evenings.  I've decided all my t-shirts/tanks will have progressive political messages, focusing on those with statements against sexism and racism.  It will be my way of saying, as I wander the campground, lake trail, and surrounding hiking trails, that I'm an ally if some hate-spewing fool starts shooting off his mouth.  It's always been a generally harmonious time in the park, with a few exceptions, but this is not anything resembling a normal year, even in this blue state (and lake's surrounding area is a little more purple), so I'm ready.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 15
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:25 PM, bmasters9 said:

Exactly-- this is another reason why I voted third-party (Johnson). I feared that if I put that mark down on my ballot for Clinton, I would be accused of trying to take the Bible out of school, trying to make it illegal to be religious, and overall, trying to turn this nation into other than the "Christian nation" that many of the "Bible Lovin' God Fearing" types (as you very well put it) always thought it should be.

Who would accuse you of anything unless you told them who you voted for? Your ballot is anonymous.

• Love 24

Sadly, the vast, vast majority of people who voted for Drumpf are gonna get screwed along with those who didn't.  Drumpf supporters just don't see it coming.

Thank god for that.   After everything that's gone on and how deep this country is in it now, I say good.   I hope it hurts all the more for being unexpected.   As was posted elsewhere, "Let them eat coal."

• Love 4

D'oh! I forgot to mention Wonkette in my earlier post. That's another blog I frequent. Also, too, Zazzle has some really good pro-diversity merch on sale right now.

IIRC, Trump doxxed Graham early on in the campaign (releasing his cell phone number), so Graham might be looking for a little payback there too. It's hard to be sure... there's been so much crazy since.

Mango Mussolini...Tangerine Tyrant...Vulgar Talking Yam...El Cuadillo del Mar-a-Lago...Camp Runamuck (for his transition team)...Orange Obscenity...Orange Hitler...Trumplethinskin...those are some of my favorites.

• Love 4

For those in NYC, I just noticed these two in a newsletter. The events are both tomorrow and happening concurrently but I thought they might be of interest.

http://events.newschool.edu/event/13th_documentary_screening_and_talkback#.WDPkJOYrI2y

http://events.newschool.edu/event/feminist_strategies_dissent_magazine_issue_launch#.WDPj1-YrI2x

I like Cheeto-in-Chief. A processed orange product that seems goofy and harmless in small doses. And perhaps for some people there's pleasure in satisfying their worst impulses. But once you let it into your life things can quickly get out of hand until there are serious risks to your health and your ability to socialize with others... it's possible I've let this metaphor go off the rails...

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Who would accuse you of anything unless you told them who you voted for? Your ballot is anonymous.

Good point! I guess I said that because of how FOX News supposedly treats those who vote for Democrats and Democratic candidates (I might be mistaken, though).

If you haven't done so, I would encourage people to become members of Organizing for Action (OFA) at www.barackobama.com.  The organization has over 250 chapters around the country.

I became a member during the 2012 election cycle.  At that time, the organization kept members engaged with monthly conference calls, one of which President Obama participated in along with 250,000 other callers.  This is how we were kept abreast of voter suppression efforts and other issues, which we could address in our own communities.

You all may recall that President Obama started out as a community organizer--a term used pejoratively by the likes of Rancid Preibus and Sarah Beyond-the-Palin.  However, as we have seen, real change often starts from the bottom up and not necessarily the top down.  It was the the bus drivers, laundresses, seamstresses, Pullman porters, school children, shopkeepers, ministers, and regular folks, who pressured Presidents Kennedy and Johnson to finally do something about civil rights.  It was one thing to get Obama into office, but Democrats and Progressives seemed to have forgotten that the work didn't stop there.  Whether it's having fired up young activists showing up at local party offices and working within the party; calling and writing lawmakers (which a lot of us are doing); and volunteering in our communities, it's time to channel our fear and anger into action.  And, let's face it.  The Clinton era is over; and the party has been undertaken by a since of malaise for years.  

Our democracy is being ripped away, but we can't allow it to happen.  I am greatly encouraged by the support that we've gotten here and elsewhere.  We can't afford to give in to despair and become paralyzed with fear.  Our very lives and those of our children and grandchildren are at stake.  

I'm fired up and ready to go!

• Love 23
17 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

More specifics related to why we need to challenge the vote: http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/20/1602092/-HRC-Campaign-Please-challenge-the-vote-in-4-States-as-the-data-says-you-won-NC-PA-WI-FL

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/11/fair-election-serious-questions-arise - I hope they DO challenge. Not sure why they are just considering it. 

This is concerning. I've already been very suspicious of the way Trump just won in all the swing states. That whenever Clinton was coming close to him, suddenly another load of Trump votes would drop, extending his lead again. This is after the DNC hack, after the NSA had come to the conclusion that it was the coordinated action of "a nation-state", and after Edward Snowden said that hacking voting machines to change the totals was a simple exercise.

And now there are accounts of precincts reporting over 100% turnout? What is this, North Korea? Jesus, how can this be allowed to pass?

But I just don't know how any of it could ever be proved, without canvassing every voter again... and that isn't something that would ever be accepted in a court of law. I think the depressing answer is, like in 2000, the Republicans may have stolen this election, with the aid of that "nation-state" (hint: it's Russia).

Compare Clinton's concession with the way McCrory is challenging the result and refusing to concede in North Carolina. Maybe it's time for the Democrats to play dirty and be the assholes. Just for once. The stakes could not be higher.

• Love 17

I truly believe there was voter fraud.  I know we likely have too much faith in polls but the polling results and the election results are so dissimilar that they don't seem possible.  

For anyone who hasn't seen this elsewhere - you can call the DoJ to request an audit of the vote. 202-514-2000 (press 4) and leave your comment.

Okay, because this came up with a new friend here, in case you don't know what to say, here's what I've been saying,  "Hello my name is _________ __________ (and then I spell that sucker because anyone who knows my first name, knows it is entirely possible to mistake it for another one, very easily )  , I am a registered and practicing voter in the state of California.  I am calling to request an audit of the 2016 election results, particularly as it pertains to the 2016 presidential election.  I have grave concerns about the election and it is the duty of the DoJ to verify these results.  Thank you." 

By the way, there is a fairly lengthy message to listen to on that number, just bear with it and you'll get to the beep. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

Okay, because this came up with a new friend here, in case you don't know what to say, here's what I've been saying,  "Hello my name is _________ __________ (and then I spell that sucker because anyone who knows my first name, knows it is entirely possible to mistake it for another one, very easily )  , I am a registered and practicing voter in the state of California.  I am calling to request an audit of the 2016 election results, particularly as it pertains to the 2016 presidential election.  I have grave concerns about the election and it is the duty of the DoJ to verify these results.  Thank you." 

Thanks. Done.

Next, tracking down ways to contact the corporate media to ask them to please not end the Fourth Estate with a whimper.

Corporate money talks. I hate to say it, but any weapon against that orange thing is worth using. 

• Love 5

Please share this with everyone you know who would be interested!

First my stepsister shared with us a petition to abolish the Electoral College, and now even better: Petition for the Electoral College to Elect Hillary Clinton on December 19. This was linked on my professor, Nnedi Okorafor's, Twitter: https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

I hadn't known this, but there's no legal way of stopping Electoral College members from voting against the majority of their State. They just have to pay a small fine, which would be well worth it.

• Love 5

One other thing we should do is boycott anything coming out of the White House for the next four years and that includes things like today's Presidential Medal of Freedom ceremony which made me cry since it was Obama's last one ever. Seriously make the WH website and any social media stream/Youtube videos very unpopular. I just remembered I need to unsubscribe from teh WH Youtube page on the morning of Jan 20th along with their social media accounts.

• Love 5

Remember this, in addition to the fact HRC will wind up winning the popular vote by at least 2 million voters, when you hear Republicans talking about a sweeping mandate:

https://twitter.com/pwthornton/status/801258648613883904

This is important: Clinton won the parts of the country that make modern America America and subsidize the country

miFibNy.jpg

-----------

https://twitter.com/pwthornton/status/801259401902338048

There is a lot of resentment in this country at people who have the skills and education to thrive in modern economy. This is not good.

• Love 9

Do it, Hillary. Do it. Don't wait until January 20 and sneak up on the incoming president, smacking him with a steel chair. He'll probably have your picture circulated to make sure you don't try anything funny. Challenging him in court would be cleaner. But if she fails, the arrogance will be at 250 percent.

• Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:01 PM, VMepicgrl said:

And the bottom of the paper addresses: voter roll purge, NVRA amendments, other voting law changes

Homeland Security how? Ugh.

AND CAN WE PLEASE INVESTIGATE THE VOTES??? New information: Outagamie County, WI - 4 precincts hv more votes for prez than ballots cast Hortonville, more votes than reg voters. 1paper precinct=HRC win

If you live in these states, CALL and get people you know to call: Democrats up and down the ballot should demand an election audit in WI, MI, FL, NC & PA. Especially PA, which has a D gov. They are not.

Many of the MSNBC shows had stories on tonight about how Hillary's people should contest the votes in MI, PA and WI. In MI in particular, she lost by a very slim margin (I think 12K votes?)  and they've seen some suspect things about those counties that used paper vs. computerized votes. Combine that with the fact that Putin, Russia and WikiLeaks clearly interfered in the whole "e-mail" scandal thing and hacked Hillary's e-mails, it's not such a far stretch to imagine something went on with these votes. Even if it wasn't hacking, the fact that Trump supporters and "pollsters" (pollsters who, in many cases, didn't register as such) trying to suppress the votes of certain people (some of their actions could be seen as a violation of the RNC Consent Decree) , and I think an investigation is definitely in order. The three main groups they supposedly targeted for voter suppression (and they stated this in the media) were primarily African Americans, college educated females, and Muslims. In a state like Michigan, especially as the vote was so close, that makes me even more likely to suspect something went on. I got two of my bachelor's degrees in Michigan and I know that they have the largest Muslim/Arab population in the US in Dearborn, are generally on the liberal side, have good colleges and a lot of college students who vote (the first time I ever voted in an election was when I was a university student there), they have a significant African American population, etc. The population as a whole is quite diverse there, but it seems that all three groups that Trump and his people were, by their own admission, trying to suppress are fairly prevalent in Michigan, in addition to other states.

I know Hillary and her team may not want to be seen as "sore losers," however, given the evidence here and given what Trump could do to this Country, I really hope she steps up here and does everything she can. I know it's got to be stressful for her, but she should keep in mind that she's won the popular vote by nearly 2million votes and counting. That should give her some motivation and the confidence in knowing that the majority of voters are behind her and picked her. Trump has now started to show his ass, so she's actually in a good position to challenge these states. The man admitted to abusing his charity and committing perjury, FFS.  By admitting to perjury, he admitted that he is a liar - he will lie when he is sworn not to and could face penalties, including jail time, for it. It isn't likely that he'll go to jail, unfortunately, but he'll probably be hit with a ton of fines in addition to having to pay back all of the funds that were "misappropriated." Some of which include purchasing two, large self portraits of himself, one of which is hanging in the bar/grill at one of his golf clubs, and funds he took from the charity to settle various law suits that had nothing to do with the charity. If he'll lie under those circumstances, when won't he lie? How much lower does he have to sink?

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

Remember this, in addition to the fact HRC will wind up winning the popular vote by at least 2 million voters, when you hear Republicans talking about a sweeping mandate:

As long as they say it's true, they don't need to evidence for it to actually be true. That's the world we're living in now. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:19 PM, saoirse said:

aC9pHSK.gif

Saoirse, when you're done with the monkey, I need a body scrub and massage ... I have cash ....

; )

Dagnabbit! I don't have time for pampering. I've got shit to do!

The First 100 Day Resistance Agenda

1. Get Democrats in the Congress and across the country to pledge to oppose Trump’s agenda. Prolong the process of approving choices, draw out hearings, stand up as sanctuary cities and states. Take a stand. Call your senator and your representative (phone calls are always better than writing). Your senator’s number can be found here . Your representative’s number can be found here.

2. March and demonstrate — in a coordinated, well-managed way. The “1 million women march” is already scheduled for the Inauguration — and will be executed with real skill. There will be “sister” marches around the country — in LA and elsewhere. They need to be coordinated and orchestrated. And then? 1 Million Muslims? 1 Million Latinos? What would keep the momentum alive and keep the message going?

3. Boycott all Trump products, real estate, hotels, resorts, everything. And then boycott all stores (like Nordstrom) that carry merchandise from Trump family brands.

4. Letters to editors: A national letter-writing campaign, from people all over the country, every walk of life and every level of society, from celebrities to sports heroes to grassroots Americans. In most papers, the Letters to the Editor section is the most-read part of the paper.

5. Op-Eds: A steady flow of arguments about the fallacies and dangers of Trump’s first 100 day policies and initiatives, from name-brand thinkers and doers to ordinary folk writing for their city’s or community’s newspaper.

6. Social media: What about a new YouTube channel devoted to video testimonials about resisting Trump’s first 100 day agenda? Crowd-sourced ideas, themes and memes. Who wants to start it?

advertisement

7. Website containing up-to-date daily bulletins on what actions people are planning around the country, and where, so others can join in. Techies, get organized.

8. Investigative journalism: We need investigative journalists to dig into the backgrounds of all of Trump’s appointees, in the White House, the cabinet, ambassadors and judges.

9. Lawsuits: Our version of “Drill, baby, drill” is “Sue, baby, sue.” Throw sand in the gears. Lawyers, get organized.

10. Coordinated fund-raising: Rather than having every public-interest group appeal on their own, have a coordinated fund-raising program to fill the coffers of the most endangered and effective opposition groups. Is there a way to do a televised fundraiser with celebrities raising money for the Resistance?

11. Symbolic opposition: Safety pins are already appearing. What else? What more? Make the resistance visible with bumper stickers, a label pin, a branding campaign that has great language, great logo, great wrist band (remember the Lance Armstrong’s “Livestrong” yellow wrist band — it sold millions!).

12. Intellectual opposition: Take Trump on where he’s weakest — with serious ideas. I’ll try to do my part. You do yours, too.

13. Serious accountability: Establish performance metrics to evaluate his delivery on his campaign promises. An updated web site of promises made and not kept. This is one especially suited to public policy students.

14. Your idea goes here. Call a meeting of family and friends this weekend. Come up with to-dos.

Yo! Neo-Nazis ... Not Going Away!

• Love 9

Although there is some evidence that the electronic votes in swing states were tampered with (the unusual patterns of Trump leading in counties that use electronic voting but not in counties that use paper ballots, the number of votes exceeding the total number of ballots, as well as the initial results of the still-ongoing automatic audits of counties in Wisconsin that use electronic voting reportedly showing a decrease in Trump's vote count but not in Clinton's -- and you would see decreases in both if it were random erroring), I would be surprised if Hillary asks for an audit. It would trigger a constitutional crisis and the level of civil unrest would be horrifying. I mean, Trump fans have already made the last two weeks a festival of hate crimes, and this is them when they're happy. If the results were called into question, and especially if they were shown to have been tampered with, you can imagine the reaction of an angry Heil Trump crowd.

The Clinton camp may weigh the risk of that against the very certain damage to this country of having dangerous moron puppet-in-chief Trump in the White House, conclude that it's worth the risk, and ask for an audit, but I doubt it. Even if it were proven that she was the legitimately elected POTUS, she would never be treated as such by Trump voters nor by the GOP-led Congress. As odious as it is, I don't see this going any other way than that Donald takes the office in January, and the most that we can hope for is that the vote will be audited after-the-fact anyway -- because if we're going to survive as a democracy, we need to have faith in the very mechanisms that make us a democracy -- and that his presidency will be noted in the history books with an asterisk (assuming there are history books after a Trump/Bannon/Putin presidency).

• Love 4

I don't think she will ask for a recount.  Part of me fears for her safety if she does. I think the level of nastiness from his supporters (that I have seen) has escalated, not gone down, since he's won.  Go to any article on the internet regarding Trump or Hillary, any tweet, any facebook post and skim the comments. Any comment about HRC is met with repugnant responses.  The level of hate is off the charts.  

• Love 15

Ive witnessed horrible things in the last two weeks. One drunk stumbling shirtless person even shouted "trump is king!" before he swatted an adult black male on the rearend.  It was for humiliation, rather than violence or injury, but for me imo that IS violence. When a person hits another person that is battery. Sorry I'm a broken record. I was just so appalled. I'm not adjusting well bc it seems to be getting worse. rump has given these hateful people a new energy and reason to spew hate.

Muslim girls are getting accosted walking to the school bus. The Muslim boys are harder to identify apparently. (no hijab)

My bf has bad stories from work. His white co workers are singing rump's praises.  

I fear for my bf who I love so much and those of my family members who are not white.... and my neighbors...... FEAR

I'm white so I'm not a target for some things. I am afraid for my loved ones and neighbors. And as for me,  I am afraid for my health care. If something happens to it, I wont survive. There are three meds that keep me from stroking out bc of my spikey unreal blood pressure.  I already survived and mostly recovered from one stroke and then one mini stroke and I'm not even super old yet. *sigh* Sorry for the personal rant.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 16

Meanwhile, I saw this: "A friend called DOJ re:an audit of the election results. Person on the phone said it was unlikely bc the markets would go nuts."

Nice to know it's all about the money still (:insert eyeroll here:). The markets will tank with trump as president anyway. They want nuts when he "won." The only one who will make any money off a trump presidency are the already rich and trump himself.

I have similar thoughts as others regarding Hillary asking for a recount. And yet I still think she should. Things are shit the way they are now. So it will be a different kind of shit then. But at least I'd feel better knowing the world might still exist in 4 years. Also, if we want to remain a "democracy," we need to make sure our elections are legit. If we don't, there's nothing stopping this from happening in all future elections. 

ETA: Speaking of money https://twitter.com/MikeMadden/status/801450160513544192

Edited by VMepicgrl
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

Meanwhile, I saw this: "A friend called DOJ re:an audit of the election results. Person on the phone said it was unlikely bc the markets would go nuts."

Nice to know it's all about the money still (:insert eyeroll here). The markets will tank with trump as president anyway. They want nuts when he "won."

I have similar thoughts as others regarding Hillary asking for a recount. And yet I still think she should. Things are shit the way they are now. So it will be a different kind of shit then. But at least I'd feel better knowing the world might still exist in 4 years. Also, if we want to remain a "democracy," we need to make sure our elections are legit. If we don't, there's nothing from stopping this in all future elections. 

I agree. things are already shit. So go ahead and shake it up and do a re count. There is always a first for..... anything.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

As long as they say it's true, they don't need to evidence for it to actually be true. That's the world we're living in now. 

That's the world we've been living in ever since the Bush administration, i.e. weapons of mass destruction; Iraq is directly responsible for the September 11 attacks; torture is "enhanced interrogation" and other outrages.  But, the GOP has done a great job of pretending that the Bush years didn't happen and that all our problems started with the election of President Obama.

That's how Drumpf's more rapid cult members can claim with a straight face that Hillary's money and connections are responsible for her "getting away with something."  Oh, and, of course, Hillary thinks she's above the law.  Meanwhile, they choose to willfully ignore the many instances of Drumpf's corruption and his ability to use his money and connections (including bribes) to keep his rotund ass out of jail.  Based on what has been coming out of his mouth in the last couple of days, it's also obvious that he thinks his ascension to the Mango Throne gives him certain powers that make him above the law.

His cult members' blatant hypocrisy simply knows no bounds.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, izabella said:

Electronic voting is a big problem in my mind.  So easy for hackers, homegrown or Russian, to manipulate software.  Makes me feel our elections aren't safe anymore.

It sounds like sour grapes on my part, but I really feel like something fishy happened on that Tuesday. So take a look and check it out What's the harm in that, considering we're in the shitter as it is. (imo) Go ahead and shake it up the markets or whatever. This is a disaster waiting to happen. I've never said that or felt that before even when my person lost an election. This is more than my person losing. This orange fucker is going to drive civilization off a cliff. And it's starting to happen even before the moron has been sworn in. What kind of clue is that?

"Cult members" is a very apt term.

• Love 10

Maybe he'll get another white suit with a sock in the tiny crotch, go barefooted, get a halo, and one of those thrones that look like a duck or swan or whatever the hell. And then demand that the press only use the shots that he approves. :-)

• Love 2

Trump's tax plan is going to hurt a lot of middle class families.  He's increasing or keeping the same the tax rates on the lower percentages, but eliminating the personal exemption.  Sure, the standard deduction might go up, but for most people who own a house, they itemize because of the mortgage interest deduction, so the standard deduction means nothing.  He's claiming he'll offer more child care tax deductions/credits, but that helps those who have young children, not for those with older children that don't need child care anymore.

• Love 6
On 11/20/2016 at 6:25 PM, bmasters9 said:

Exactly-- this is another reason why I voted third-party (Johnson). I feared that if I put that mark down on my ballot for Clinton, I would be accused of trying to take the Bible out of school, trying to make it illegal to be religious, and overall, trying to turn this nation into other than the "Christian nation" that many of the "Bible Lovin' God Fearing" types (as you very well put it) always thought it should be.

With apologies, I don't get this.

Your vote is private. What prevented you from voting Clinton and just not telling anyone?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Kromm said:

With apologies, I don't get this.

Your vote is private. What prevented you from voting Clinton and just not telling anyone?

I agree. I don't understand either but maybe I'm missing something?

Some folks in real life thought it was funny to write in a vote for "a bag of tarantulas" bc some comedian said it'd be fun.  

I see the point and sarcasm etc, but it's a wasted vote....which I guess is a wasted vote anyway with the blessed wonderful EC. (read : outdated and wrong) How do our votes matter if the EC can simply override them?

I'm having trouble posting. My computer is eating the posts.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

My computer keeps eating the posts.

Mine, too.  Try quoting someone and it might bring it back.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/activists-urge-hillary-clinton-to-challenge-election-results.html

"Election law scholars and computer specialists" found that electronic voting in Mich. Wisc and Pa. was 7% less for Hillary than paper ballot voting". Damn right they should look at it!   But I'm hearing Democrats like Ed Rendell agreeing that "it's over".   Andrea Mitchell even said that Hillary conceded 15 minutes after Podesta sent everyone home because Obama didn't want her to drag it on. "It's over."

If true (and it seems likely) it's Infuriating.  Democrats were all raised to be good children, apparently, never causing unpleasantness or being ill-tempered or impolite while the Donald Trumps of the world stomp around, lying and cheating and getting whatever they want.

At least let's look into the FACTS!  There have been too many elections with suspect results (2000; 2004). Let's get the facts on this one, not leave it as a permanent doubt if an election was stolen.  If it wasn't, let's know. If it was, we really need to know that, too.

• Love 4