Type keyword(s) to search

OK...What's Next?

28 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

Thank you President Obama!!  This is what I've been saying (and I freely admit I might've been insensitive to those who continue to feel the need to grieve, but we need as much energy as possible put towards fighting the Trump Klan & his posse).

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/obama-loyalists-trump-resistance-231642

Thank you for sharing this! It's what I needed tonight!

For some, it’s been hard to tolerate Obama’s measured tone about Trump, when they see so much at stake. He has acknowledged that he’s biting his tongue to help facilitate a smooth transition, but has promised to rejoin the fight after Inauguration Day.

“I’ve got all kinds of thoughts and ideas about it, but this isn’t the best time to share them,” Obama said. “Point is, I’m still fired up and I’m still ready to go.”

Jaff gets why Obama is staying calm, but she’s looking forward to Jan. 20.

“I’m even more excited to see the president unleashed,” she said.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm glad we have this new thread but there were some good ideas on the old thread. Does anyone remember any of the major ones? 

Off the top of my head I remember safety pins, volunteering, donations, calling representatives, etc. I feel like I don't have a terribly useful skill set. Has anyone heard of volunteer art therapy lessons? I have no teaching experience but I'm decent at various arts and crafts. I'm also open to helping with English and language skills at various levels.

Call your local library.  I'm  not sure how common it is, but I know mine coordinates literacy volunteers.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm glad we have this new thread but there were some good ideas on the old thread. Does anyone remember any of the major ones? 

Off the top of my head I remember safety pins, volunteering, donations, calling representatives, etc. I feel like I don't have a terribly useful skill set. Has anyone heard of volunteer art therapy lessons? I have no teaching experience but I'm decent at various arts and crafts. I'm also open to helping with English and language skills at various levels.

As far as art therapy, you should check out The HALO Foundation. They're only in a couple cities around the US (Kansas City, Portland, New York, and Los Angeles). I used to work at a home for abused and neglected children in Kansas City and they came in weekly to do art programs with our children that also incorporated character building. They're pretty amazing.

I'm also a huge fan of any programs that involve mentoring youth. Whether it's Big Brothers, Big Sisters or something more specific to your area, those programs are amazing. I've been working in inner city Baltimore for the past year and a half and after-school programs are such a huge benefit to our school communities. Our kids would be lost without them and we could reach even more people if we had volunteers and/or donors to help support us. 

• Love 4

I forgot that my home borough of Staten Island went deep red, and then Pete Davison blabbed about it on SNL. I was born in Brooklyn, while I'm guessing he's always been from there (as well as Colin Jost). I can see why he'd have such disdain for Staten Islanders. I mean, we had a Democrat in Congress for two years, and that ended in 2010. "We" elected a thug who threatened a reporter on camera, and who is now in the pokey for tax reasons. And the guy representing us? Supported You-Know-Who. I tried doing stuff with the Young Democrats years ago, but I never got into it, even though I had little else going on with my life.

I should look into volunteering. Problem is, I don't really feel affected by places such as Planned Parenthood as they're being threatened. I understand that you can be paid to protest. Maybe I'll do that. [/eyeroll]

• Love 1

This probably doesn't belong here - but I wanted to share my Starbucks experience of yesterday.  

I personally don't really like it.  It tastes burned to me and it's way too pricy for what you get.  I happened to be near one yesterday and decided to pop in and get something small just as support.  If they were doing the name thing I was going to say Hillary - but I didn't really recall them ever writing names on the cup anyways.  Now, I have been in the particular store a lot.  My girl loves it and I used to buy her one as a treat.  I would either grocery shop next door or play with my phone while she ordered and discuss her day with her as she drank her drink.  I went in there about the same time that we used to go. 

Well I walked in and the first thing I noticed were the two rural looking guys standing at the counter.  They were wearing camo and hunting caps - not the folks I am used to seeing in there.  The one was asking a thousand questions about the drinks and the barista was quite helpful while keeping her head down. They were very interested to watch her write the names of the drinks on the cups and then they went to get their order. The inquisitive one grabbed his drink (which didn't have a person's  name on it) and took a sip.  He turned to his friend and said "Oh my god - this is soooo good!"  Made me smile.

I got my drink and sat down.  In the half hour I was there, I saw a parade of people I had never seen there before.  This was the busiest I had ever seen this store, they were backed up almost to the door and quite a few of the customers didn't look like the stereotypical Starbucks customer.  Of course, it's possible that the guy in front of me was just stopping by because his friend tried one and liked it.  It's possible that these customers just love Starbucks and happened to be passing one - or maybe they are doing the same thing I was doing.  Many of them seemed very interested to watch what she was writing on the cup, but then again, I watched too.  I mean it's one thing to storm in there insisting that you are going to say your name is Trump when they ask - but isn't it puzzling when they don't ask?  I'm probably just looking for any silver lining - but it's possible the Trump boycott made Starbucks a lot of new customers today.

I am attending a demonstration this afternoon - will pop in later and let everyone know how it went. It's colder than hell out but I'm hoping we still have a decent turnout.

• Love 23
11 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

Thank you President Obama!!  This is what I've been saying (and I freely admit I might've been insensitive to those who continue to feel the need to grieve, but we need as much energy as possible put towards fighting the Drumpf Klan & his posse).

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/obama-loyalists-trump-resistance-231642

These people are inspirational, and I'm so glad that they're explicitly addressing the need to compete at all levels, in all states. Idealistic, passionate young people are the ones who will save the US from the prejudiced old white men who reasserted their control two weeks ago. Talk about 'change' and 'draining the swamp'? That's how you do it.

But the fear is still that Obama's movement and Sanders' movement, and the mainstream Democrats might all fight amongst themselves for dominance, when they really, really need to just work together.

• Love 5

I realize this may sound hokey, but has there been any movement in the SFF community for a Rebel Alliance in response to Herr Drumpf? Star Trek fans (like myself) and others interested in science, equality, and a better future? Hell, Fight the Power was featured prominently in Star Trek Beyond. I'd like to see more of that. We're not going back into the kitchen, into the closet, into Massa's cotton field. Hell no!

ETA: Another group you might want to consider supporting is Emily's List. They help get women into political office.

Edited by Dianthus
Emily's List shout out
  • Love 3

Gov. Cuomo (& I'm sure others but I live in NY and follow AC) continues to speak daily about concerns of citizens in his state while the President Elect chooses to speak of his VP getting booed for all of 8 seconds.  Its been almost 2 weeks and still no speech from him which personally just add to the alarms for me.  When, in recent history, has this country ever been so divided?  He's already ignoring the concerns and well being of citizens.  I know on 60 Minutes he claimed to be unaware. If true that is even more alarming because it proves he's either a) a total moron or b) completely oblivious to what is happening in the country he will be leading.

cuomo.JPG

• Love 15

Phone work, ahoy!!  House Speaker Paul Ryan is hosting a phone survey to gather opinions regarding if he should try to repeal the Obamacare.  Blessedly you don't have to speak with anyone.   (202) 225-0600  Press 2 to take the survey. You'll hear a brief recording about HR-3762, Ryan's history with the ACA (be prepared to try and tune out on that a little, many bipartisan claims that Ryan has NEVER FUCKING EXHIBITED).   After that,  indicate your opinion with the press of a button. Press 1 if you support Obamacare, 2 if you oppose it.  

Grim humor alert:  at the end of the recording there will be a fakeout "You can leave a voicemail for the senator's office...." and it will turn out the voicemail is full because it's Paul Ryan and he sucks inside out. 

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

Phone work, ahoy!!

Thanks! Done. With many eyerolls at message. 

57 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Gov. Cuomo (& I'm sure others but I live in NY and follow AC) continues to speak daily about concerns of citizens in his state while the President Elect chooses to speak of his VP getting booed for all of 8 seconds.

Thank you, thank you, New York. I am going to check and see what our governor and mayors are doing here. I believe our Mpls mayor has spoken out against deportation, but I haven't seen the actual story. If they haven't spoken out, I'm going to write them and ask them to do so. Hell, I'm going to ask our city council to speak out about it.

Of course the orange thing can't put together a unifying speech. he's too busy being butthurt over SNL and the cast of Hamilton's "bullying" stupid ass Pence. If he had one brain cell and one tiny bit of an open mind, he'd realize that he could probably put an end to all of the ridicule by simply being reasonable and putting on his listening ears, but that's not the change his goons want. So, suck it up, buttercup. Save your tears for your private tower. 

I just realized (doh) that he's probably been "groping" the country for a quite a while - he was probably testing the waters with his demands for Obama's birth certificate. He's a toddler who wanted to see how far he could go and when he got so much attention and flattery from the right wing fascists, he really realized, the way sociopaths detect prey, that this country could very well be up for grabs.

Well, we're going to find out if our democracy has a way to tell him no. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Trump is going to be president of this country. I hope he does a good job. And if he doesn't, I hope someone better replaces him in 2020.

I just hope he doesn't feck up the country beyond all recognition before he's finished. I doubt if he'll last until 2020 though. He's bound to screw up bigly before then. 

(Apologies for the double post, I hit quote instead of like and once there's a quote in the reply box I can't get rid of it. 

Edited by Ceindreadh
Explain the double post
  • Love 18

First of all, hugs and love to GHScorpiosRule.

My anecdote: I was at an internet cafe' yesterday minding my own business and there were two obnoxious Trump supporters gloating about Trump's so-called "victory." They were so annoying that I said, "Oh, please. it's not like he won the popular vote," and they STFU after that.

Here are two scenes from the end of the S6 finale of Game Of Thrones. which I think are the perfect metaphors for both Inauguration Day 2017 and the 2018 Midterm elections. First, the coronation of Cersei:

Cersei's Coronation

Next, the popular vote:

Company's Coming

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 15

Cuomo posted a letter sent to all college students and posted it on FB.  It was a summary of the things he's been saying - NY is for all, all are welcome, hate crimes will be prosecuted, etc.  There were many comments like this one:

It's OK to riot and target those who voted for Trump/Pence -- a change back to our Christian roots and values, law and order, strength and peace for our country, and making our country proud and great again? I would call that hate of the highest order! Stop coddling the babies and malcontents! We put up with eight years of Obama, his treachery, his weakness, and his treasonous actions! Now it's time we show how things SHOULD be! We won this election -- even in opposition of massive voter fraud and alarming media lies and interference! Step aside so we can Make America Great Again!

Disgusting.  And they view themselves as Christian.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, stillshimpy said:

Phone work, ahoy!!  House Speaker Paul Ryan is hosting a phone survey to gather opinions regarding if he should try to repeal the Obamacare.  Blessedly you don't have to speak with anyone.   (202) 225-0600  Press 2 to take the survey. You'll hear a brief recording about HR-3762, Ryan's history with the ACA (be prepared to try and tune out on that a little, many bipartisan claims that Ryan has NEVER FUCKING EXHIBITED).   After that,  indicate your opinion with the press of a button. Press 1 if you support Obamacare, 2 if you oppose it.  

Grim humor alert:  at the end of the recording there will be a fakeout "You can leave a voicemail for the senator's office...." and it will turn out the voicemail is full because it's Paul Ryan and he sucks inside out. 

I was able to leave one last week via option 6.

• Love 5

Now it's time we show how things SHOULD be! We won this election -- even in opposition of massive voter fraud and alarming media lies and interference!

Did I miss something?  Did Russia hack into the RNC or Donald Trump's email, thus interfering with the election?  Did Wikileaks provide a constant stream of those hacked emails to the public, thus interfering with the election?  Did the Director of the FBI announce an investigation into Donald Trump just a week before voting started, thus interfering with the election?  Did the media ignore Donald Trump's own words and present a candidate based on things only imagined not said, thus interfering with the election?  Did the small number of incidents of voter fraud found, show the perpetrators to be Democrats not Republicans?  Did this asshole understand that a quirk in the democratic process, the Electoral College, gave the win the Donald Trump, thus ignoring the voice of the majority of the voting public who constituted the popular vote.

Show how things should be done?  Yeah, I think you're about to find out how freedom of speech, fighting for civil and human rights, and pushing back at corruption of the highest order work.  Fasten your seat belt.  It's going to be a bumpy ride!!!

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 23
On 11/19/2016 at 1:02 AM, theredhead77 said:

I learned about Susan Collins, a Republican Senator from Maine who is one of the good ones.

F**k Susan Collins.  She was one of the "good ones" until she took McConnell's pledge to "make Obama a one-term President".  During the ACA negotiations (that Republicans like to pretend didn't happen), she said she would vote for it if she got certain concessions.  She got them and still voted NO.  I was so disappointed in her and in Olympia Snowe, who did the same thing.

On 11/19/2016 at 3:08 PM, NewDigs said:

I really can't go forward just saying, Hell No!, to everything. Especially if the blind pig accidentally finds an acorn.

And I think banking and lobbying reforms are good ideas. 

We don't want to be like the GOP, voting NO on everything regardless of merit.  If the GOP accidently come up with a good idea (there's no way thy would do so on purpose), we should support it.

• Love 8

Reading all these posts, I am seriously considering getting involved in politics in my own country.  Granted, we're never likely to see somebody like Trump get into power - for one thing, our head of Government is the leader of whatever party is in power, so is of necessity has to be a politician who by the time they get to the hot seat would at least know what they're doing.  Still, I feel the need to do something.

• Love 10

Anytime I think about things, I feel the need to throw up. Example: the president-elect made a big deal about Muslims celebrating 9/11 as it was happening, even though there was no evidence of that. When November 8/9 happened, all these hate groups popped out to celebrate. I don't think that's the definition of irony, but I bet it's close enough.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, potatoradio said:

I believe our Mpls mayor has spoken out against deportation, but I haven't seen the actual story.

Mayor Hodges refuses to give up Minneapolis' policy on being a so-called sanctuary city.

Here's the thing about most sanctuary cities - they are in blue states that send more money to the federal government than they get back - unlike most red states.  I wonder how trying to stop federal dollars to these cities would go...

• Love 12

Before I forget, here's this week's Doonesbury. I reckon this was done before Election Day, and it shows why you shouldn't get into Celebrity Apprentice. Seeing how Garry Trudeau has been poking the thin-skinned bear for so long ("Give those nymphs some hooters!!"), I really hope he doesn't get devoured. His strip survived Nixon, Reagan and the Bushes. I hate to think this would be the end for him.

ETA: This isn't totally related to what happened recently, but it does reflect my mood these days.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DollEyes said:

First of all, hugs and love to GHScorpiosRule.

My anecdote: I was at an internet cafe' yesterday minding my own business and there were two obnoxious Trump supporters gloating about Trump's so-called "victory." They were so annoying that I said, "Oh, please. it's not like he won the popular vote," and they STFU after that.

Here are two scenes from the end of the S6 finale of Game Of Thrones. which I think are the perfect metaphors for both Inauguration Day 2017 and the 2018 Midterm elections. First, the coronation of Cersei:

Cersei's Coronation

Next, the popular vote:

Company's Coming

Yeah, very appropriate metaphor for what's about to go down on Inauguration Day 2017.

Although I could  watch Cersei's Cornation over and over again, and have,  that was bad ass. Although I hope she gets one of those infamous throat slits by the time it's all over.  Yes, let the fire breathe and reign down all over Cersei's rule.

That orange thing though, first time in my voting life that I won't be watching Inauguration Day.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Kromm said:

But... if all they cared about was replacing a few Supreme Court Justices with Bible Lovin' God Fearing types?  They dismissed any other concerns.

Exactly-- this is another reason why I voted third-party (Johnson). I feared that if I put that mark down on my ballot for Clinton, I would be accused of trying to take the Bible out of school, trying to make it illegal to be religious, and overall, trying to turn this nation into other than the "Christian nation" that many of the "Bible Lovin' God Fearing" types (as you very well put it) always thought it should be.

Not many libs in this county but a couple/few came by today and while one remains beat and over it others are energized. I pitched the make-some-calls idea and was met with interest.

I might have to put that evil printer to use and collate info. And just happen to have said contact and issue info at hand. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, jhlipton said:

F**k Susan Collins.  She was one of the "good ones" until she took McConnell's pledge to "make Obama a one-term President".  During the ACA negotiations (that Republicans like to pretend didn't happen), she said she would vote for it if she got certain concessions.  She got them and still voted NO.  I was so disappointed in her and in Olympia Snowe, who did the same thing.

At this point I'm not going to judge someone on what they did 5+ years ago. I read her voting record on women's rights and gay rights. While I disagree with a lot of other things she's done, she has my support (which is really nothing considering I'm not a voter in her state) if she continues to work against Trump and his insanity. Politics makes strange bedfellows.

There are 33 states with both state houses controlled by the GOP so we need to change that. Until that happens the gerrymandering of districts for federal congressional seats will continue to favor the GOP.

I can't seem to find the map. Can someone reply to this post with one if you find it. Thanks a million.

• Love 1
On November 19, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Danny Franks said:

The fuck? Trump is still asking for donations after the election has finished? To "sustain our movement"? You're the president-elect, dipshit, you don't have "a movement". You want money? Raise taxes.

Aren't you forgetting about the bowel movement that occurs every time that vile creature opens his mouth?

My post-election action includes a refusal to normalize Coral Caligula, his family or anything related to his "administration."  I will call out any publication or newscast that can't bring themselves to call a thing a thing.  I will cancel subscriptions to any publication that has Malignia or Ivanka the Terrible on the cover extolling their virtues as wives, mothers or "great beauties."  

Several of us stopped shopping at Macy's years ago when it refused to terminate its relationship with Coral Caligula after the "birther" smear against President Obama.  We will not stay at any Drumpf properties or purchase any clothing, jewelry, books or other merchandise associated with that deplorable family.  We will boycott anything related to that creature's coronation.  We want to hurt them in the pocketbook.

We will donate to the ACLU, Southern Poverty Law Center, etc.  We will organize phone drives and other activities to get out the vote and will support President Obama and Eric Holder in any way needed.

• Love 15

I just called Paul Ryan's office to support the ACA. I hope everyone is doing that! The number is 1-202-225-0600. You press 2, listen to the propaganda message against it, then press 1 to support the law.

• Love 7

I just tried to do that.  The message only said "Thank you for participating in the survey. if you would like to speak with  ... blah ...blah ... and then it sends me to his mailbox which is full.

It seemed to think that I had already taken the survey.  I wonder if they are automatically just counting my call as being against the law and throwing me into a voice mail loop.  Maybe their handy little survey isn't working out the way they want it to so they have to manufacture their own data. 

God - I sound paranoid.  Like a Trumper. 

• Love 1

I an a NYer but recently moved to a very Republican, conservative part of the state. A bit of a culture shock. My new congressional rep is a woman, Republican and 32 years old. She just won her second term. I really wanted to like her. I did not vote for her because she is a pro gun person and, before the election, refused to denounce any of Trump's many ridiculous statements. Wouldn't support him but wouldn't run from him. Coward much? But she won by a big margin ...

I am going to become her biggest fan mail/telephone caller. I am a constituent of hers and I will make sure I am heard. I hope this is Michele's high road. On the plus side, Schumer and Gillibrand are my Senators.  

Low road? I am telling my 180 degree thinking acquaintances who ask that I intend to show Trump the same amount of respect as they have shown President Obama these last 8 years. None. I am so ashamed my country and it's arcane electoral college made him president.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, bmasters9 said:

Exactly-- this is another reason why I voted third-party (Johnson). I feared that if I put that mark down on my ballot for Clinton, I would be accused of trying to take the Bible out of school, trying to make it illegal to be religious, and overall, trying to turn this nation into other than the "Christian nation" that many of the "Bible Lovin' God Fearing" types (as you very well put it) always thought it should be.

But the Bible shouldn't be in school, unless it's a religious school and this isn't a Christian nation. You should be proud of trying to keep the Bible out of public institutions.

43 minutes ago, KIMBERLYANN11 said:

I just tried to do that.  The message only said "Thank you for participating in the survey. if you would like to speak with  ... blah ...blah ... and then it sends me to his mailbox which is full.

It seemed to think that I had already taken the survey.  I wonder if they are automatically just counting my call as being against the law and throwing me into a voice mail loop.  Maybe their handy little survey isn't working out the way they want it to so they have to manufacture their own data. 

God - I sound paranoid.  Like a Trumper. 

I can only imagine that the mailbox is actually full. Full of people leaving messages with their support and [hopefully] their disdain. Try again tomorrow late morning.

• Love 11

I think if you get anything that says it's full you should just try again. I did it and had two other people do it, it worked fine for two of us and then the third person got the message that said it was full. When he called again it worked.

• Love 1

Grassroots, folks. No member of Congress cares what you think unless you can vote for him/her. Unless you are from WI district Paul Ryan represents, he will not give one sh*t what you think. Call your reps i.e. Congressperson and Senators. Also, after Jan. 20th, flood the  WH.

Edited by Zuzubee
Darn autocorrect :-)
  • Love 3

Low road? I am telling my 180 degree thinking acquaintances who ask that I intend to show Trump the same amount of respect as they have shown President Obama these last 8 years. None. I am so ashamed my country and it's arcane electoral college made him president.

Exactly, and I'm tired of the Dems. not having the balls needed to show the same disrespect. 

The republicans shouted out "LIAR!" right in the middle of President Obama's SOTUA.  I want my democratic representatives to go even further and not show up for that piece of shits SOTUA. Heck, he probably won't give one because he's fucking illiterate and all of our norms he's going to scrap anyway. But if he does, I want that democratic side of the aisle fucking empty.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I'd like to see that too. I was thinking about that the other day actually. Can the Dems just not show up? I don't think they should even attend.

Yeah, they don't have to show up.   It's about the SOTU, and the union coming together to listen to our leader address the country. It's respect for the House, the president is invited I believe by the speaker to address the nation. Well, that orange chimp has zapped the unity and respect right out of me. I listened to Bush Jr., and I always go back to him because that was too a controversial win with Gore. But I watched his inauguration and I listened to his SOTUA, every time because he was respectful and not cruel. He didn't act like he was doing us any favors by being president, it was his honor. But I won't be listening for this klan/nazi administration, fuck no. I will make that distinction, this "ain't" some sore loser shit, given the racial history in this country, the ultimate sin of slavery, to Jim Crow, to institutionalize racism that continues and this is the vile shit that the Rust Belt put into the Oval Office, yeah, OK. Fuck them, I hope if their towns have any left to lose, they lose it and fast. Those who didn't vote for Trump in those areas, I hope they are spared somehow, I'm not wishing any ill on them, good luck. But if you don't care about the kind of history I'm talking about that would make one not vote for Trump, then I can't care about his so called economic message and draining of the swamp, please. 

And any democrat who wants to play nice and meet him half way, if I have the opportunity to vote for that democrat, I will vote them out of office. I'm tired of democrats and their bullshit, I'm with Michael Moore totally, obstruct, obstruct and if we find any of them voting with Trump and the republicans they are out. They might not have the votes, but their votes had better be on record as "NAY." This is exactly what the republicans did, they cleaned their own house first. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 11

You know who could be partially blamed for 2016 sucking wind? The Doctor. Think about it . . . Doctor Who doesn't have a single story airing for 366 days, and Brexit and YKW happened, among other calamities. He's probably still at the restaurant with River. While I know it's not the crankiest Time Lord's job to guide humanity, maybe a ten-episode season could have made things a little better. Then again, those that voted for him probably wouldn't be fans. Can you imagine their imagine their reaction to the Master becoming Missy? Sorry . . . bit of a reach, but I'm thinking that I might channel the Doctor on my blog, as opposed to YKW

• Love 4

I hope this is the right place for this now the election anxiety thread has been split up. 

The crazy lady is still emailing me. I replied to one of the emails and deleted the rest. She said it was a mistake. That was the same thing she said when she was forwarding breitbart articles to me every day even though I only made that one rule. That's not even counting the racist hate and just miserable stuff about sexual assault flooding into my inbox every day. Though I didn't tell her to stop with that, she would have really be willfully ignoring anything I've said to her to keep sending it. 

I feel good about everyone motivated to fight back but it's tough to have this reminder that you're just never going to get through to some people. My one recent consolation is she LOVES Hamilton (before the campaign, though she was still fairly racist then) her big push was Hamilton articles. She did fine with ignoring pretty much everyone in the cast making their anti-Trump stance known but I wonder how she's dealing with what just happened with Mike Pence. She knows about it because that was one of the emails. I say I wonder. I don't really care. I just wish she'd stop emailing me. 

• Love 3

@aradia22 - is she a family member that ever sends you email that is of import or relevant?  Otherwise I advise you to send her ass off into spam land - I don't know what you use for email - but with someone that hateful - personally I'd report as spam and not just just send them off to the junk folder.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

I found this image very motivating.

If you don't follow this page, it's satire / sarcasm, not religious.

Mr ebk is a huge fan of Mrs Betty Bowers and often reads me her stuff.  It's good stuff.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

You know who could be partially blamed for 2016 sucking wind? The Doctor. Think about it . . . Doctor Who doesn't have a single story airing for 366 days, and Brexit and YKW happened, among other calamities. He's probably still at the restaurant with River. While I know it's not the crankiest Time Lord's job to guide humanity, maybe a ten-episode season could have made things a little better. Then again, those that voted for him probably wouldn't be fans. Can you imagine their imagine their reaction to the Master becoming Missy? Sorry . . . bit of a reach, but I'm thinking that I might channel the Doctor on my blog, as opposed to YKW

Internet marry me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Zuzubee said:

Grassroots, folks. No member of Congress cares what you think unless you can vote for him/her. Unless you are from WI district Paul Ryan represents, he will not give one sh*t what you think. Call your reps i.e. Congressperson and Senators. Also, after Jan. 20th, flood the  WH.

Heh, by the time I'm done calling his office, they'll probably kick me out of WI and chase me back to IL. It's on!

• Love 4