Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, queenjen said:

With OC, I loved the scenes on Havasu in the early early seasons, the drinking and funning and swimming in that murky old lake. The idiotic parenting (Lynn/Tammy/Vicki/Tamra etc), the fairytale happy endings (Lori) and the legitimate family heartbreak (Lori, again to this day) and the women supporting and interacting with one another. Look at our cast at the OC reunion. Look how far away we are now from what the viewers originally tuned in for. It's sad. 

Don't even get me started on the Housewives shows without any actual housewives or children.

I loved this stuff, too, even the sad stuff with Lori's son and delusional Lynn (that eviction- OMG) and Jeana and what I thought was a horribly abusive situation with her. I think her kids and her husband were awful to her but it was interesting watching them work through it...or not. There isn't that much of that left but Shannon tries, Heather does it in a sugarcoated fashion, and I liked Meghan's baby story. I'm happy for her and hope it works out. I think Tamara has some interesting family dynamics but her ex probably won't allow the kids on the show. Good for him as it's best for them but it would be compelling to see them work through it. Or not.

The producers need to get that there is an audience for some less outrageous stuff. Some of it can be funny but it can't hijack the whole show. A whacky moment here and there is fine but if it's the whole thing, it just plain sucks. As this season shows, it's awful and not fun to watch. And some of these women-meaning Kelly- just try too hard. They don't have interesting lives so they just act outrageous.  Yeah, that's interesting, only not.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, ChelleGame said:

Just finished Andy's new book.  Not as much Housewives dish as I'd hoped. Only thing that seems to be consistent is that he dreads the reunions, and the jockeying for the seat next to him starts months in advance.  OC is the only one I watch consistently but it's also the franchise he talks about the least in the book.  Does not seem overly fond of any of the OC ladies but he does seem to have a real soft spot for Theresa and NeNe. A real outside-of-business friendship with Carole and Bethany. He appreciates Sheree and soothes Vicki by calling her the O.G. but not much in the pages.

He said that there was serious lobbying by Heather and Shannon to get Vicki removed from the show before the Xanax reunion last year. They presented a ton of evidence that she was lying about the cancer and his response to them was that it would be more interesting to see her defend herself.

Overall, not as gossipy (about the housewives) as I was hoping for - but a distracting trifle. He talks a lot about loneliness and aging. A lot about loneliness. Oh, and he's constantly listening to show idea pitches from the husbands/boyfriends of housewives. Almost all were stupid.

Thanks for the review.

I believe very early on Tamra and Heather were very suspect of the cancer and once Meghan got wind of it there was no doubt.

I also think that prior to filming, with Brooks living with Vicki, Brooks tried to angle for a paycheck from Bravo and was turned down.  He was paid for the one on one with Andy so there is that.  I believe that is when the fake cancer kicked in-when he could not wrangle a paycheck from Bravo. All of a sudden there was a new drink endorsement deal-perfect for a person battling cancer.  Granted Brooks history is indicative when up against the wall he plays the illness card.  Once he faked the first chemotherapy, Vicki had to know there was something off and I believe she realized Brooks wasn't getting paid and now she was stuck with the cancer card.  Vicki never being one to make herself look bad just started making up story after story and did pretty much force Brooks to "confide" in the others about his brave decision to stop chemotherapy.  That is precisely the minute the lights went on for Heather and why the decided to involve Shannon in the "psychic's reading".  Heather knew from her neighbor the oncologist Brooks was never his patient. 

I can see Andy wanting to out Vicki at the Reunion and knew damn well he would not do any serious follow up.  The other ladies were on a roll and then he parked Briana, on the couch,  who didn't mind more of their bizarre family therapy aka The Reunion and excising Brooks from her mom's life, then all of a sudden she puts the brakes on and claims her mother has Stockholm Syndrome because she started ordering Dirty Martinis with Bleu Cheese Olives after meeting Brooks.  So any breaking down of Vicki's responsibility in the cancer scam is just lost because of Briana.  Once she started sticking up for her mom and making her a victim the other women can not be seen as disagreeing with Briana.  End of cancer discussion.

So moving ahead to this season and this Reunion, Vicki's umbrage at being called out for a cancer scam and she added another one this year and expressed her intent, is better served without Briana sitting there.  The opportunity has passed for specifics with Brooks and at some point Vicki has to either take responsibility for knowing early on Brooks was faking it and she was complicit and apologize. Unfortunately for Vicki in an effort to try and save some semblance of a reputation, she decided instead and in private to confide in Kelly the various rumors and her opinions of the other men in an attempt to nullify Brooks villain reputation. 

So either Vicki is a genius and knew by outing Kelly as someone who was disparaging the other women she would have rekindled the friendships she had damaged, or she failed miserably when she didn't read the signs Kelly thought nothing of throwing her under the bus.  There is something that tells me Vicki knew when Heather was demanding there be now more moments like the sushi dinner, Vicki was smart enough to see the future was not with Kelly.  Now she is stuck with Kelly outing her to the others.

• Love 7

I finally watched this yesterday while getting ready for a work event.  Sweet baby jesus, Kelly is fucking dumber than a box of rocks.  Nothing she says makes any sense whatsoever.  From the PreviouslyTV article, the recapper states

I think what Kelly meant to say was, if she was in anger management she'd have beaten the shit out of Tamra. 

I understood her to be saying that if she hadn't taken those anger management classes that she'd been forced to, she would have beaten Tamra.  At least that's how I interpreted the gibberish coming out of her baboon's butt lips.

• Love 4

For the record, one of my previous significant others was/is in AA (some 40 years of sobriety).  What he told me on judicial assignments to AA is that the organization honestly doesn't want this.  At all.  They recognize that most offenders forced to go to meetings want nothing to do with it and the offender usually gets nothing out of it.  Most meetings are only speaker meetings, so not classes, unless personal stories and case studies count as a class.  It is not like there is a test at the end of the session.  I used to attend the open meetings with my former SO and he could always sort out those that were forced to attend.

so Kelly got nothing from this.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tenativelyyours said:

One of my problems with Heather Dubrow is that she is a square trying to fit in a round hole mostly.  Shannon balances that a bit but overall Dubrow seems a touch of out of place in an Orange County franchise.  But for me, she also doesn't quite have the Beverly Hills cachet for that franchise.  I often wonder if locked away there isn't an audition tape of her trying to get on the BH show before she got on here.  And yeah, I definitely give the whole Terry dragged her kicking and screaming on the show.  I think it was her idea because she definitely had him in the back seat their first season and it was all about her.  Also I think it was merely her attempt at a loftier version of "I never watched the show, me getting cast just happened so organically and with no interest in the show itself as entertainment".  It is typical wrong footing that she seems to use often.  Her correcting the first two seasons but a part of that.  I think she wanted the whole "I'm really an actress and only on here because my husband" level of superiority.  Its pure passive aggressive bullshit in my opinion.

But Heather taking over as queen bee would change the show from Orange County to Beverly Hills 2.0: Outlet Version.  

I'm the outlier by far.  I'd rather Heather was just a friend.  No Terry at all and I think she would be a bit more relaxed for me to watch.  And just smaller doses of her would be good. 

I do think though that she would like this to be "her show".  But I think if she felt she was in that position she would get lazy and it would be nothing but how great and perfect and wonderfully opulent the Dubrows are and it would be one of those obviously fake facades.  Making Dubrow work for her orange each season, even if just a little bit, keeps her on her toes. 

I wouldn't mind more of the crowd that Shannon runs in.  Maybe not the ones we have seen, but I would love that just almost completely ridiculous Orange County lady (see the clip of Samantha Bee with the Trumpettes On Full Frontal if you want to know what I mean -- maybe not that crazy, but yeah, maybe that crazy).  The ones that Lauri thought her gold digging would put her next to at lunch but from the sounds of it, did not.  Most definitely did not.  If we are getting away from true housewives I want the ones with a room devoted to their stuffed dead pets complete with gold gilding and crystal chandeliers.  The juggle of burbs and baubles never did work even in the original when they would go shopping at places that seemed fake and way beyond their means.  Let alone their dining season two on when it proved they were pretty much Kraft Mac-n-Cheese in their levels of sophistication. 

I don't think Heather is trying to make this "her" show or to be the "Queen Bee", I thinks she is trying to keep it from becoming like some other HW shows (NJ/Atl.). HW shows. Which is what will happen if Kelly is allowed to keep acting like the vulgar, rabid dog she has portrayed much of this season, with the others reacting to her such as Tamra did at the store in Ireland or if Vicki is allowed to keep scamming/scheming to try and rehab her image. Someone on this show has to be adult enough to apologize, mean it and never repeat their ugly/bad behavior and so far, that role has been Heathers.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I wonder if the Vicki/Kelly love will continue if this is Vicki's last season.  

I doubt that this is Vicki's last season, though her 15 minutes passed several years ago. I also wonder what she'll do, aside from shilling insurance, should she be shown the door; she seems to have invested so much of her persona and self esteem--such as it is--in being the OG that if she loses that, I wonder what she'll have left (aside from her job and family). That's a big ole love tank which is going to be seriously wanting some attention and won't be pretty.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Heather is trying to make this "her" show or to be the "Queen Bee", I thinks she is trying to keep it from becoming like some other HW shows (NJ/Atl.). HW shows. Which is what will happen if Kelly is allowed to keep acting like the vulgar, rabid dog she has portrayed much of this season, with the others reacting to her such as Tamra did at the store in Ireland or if Vicki is allowed to keep scamming/scheming to try and rehab her image. Someone on this show has to be adult enough to apologize, mean it and never repeat their ugly/bad behavior and so far, that role has been Heathers.

I don't think Heather is "trying" to make it her show either.  Which is why I didn't state that in my post ;) 

6 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

A few months ago, he had himself noted as President of Kill All Cancer on his Facebook page.  When I first went to the website it seemed like an extension of Vicki's Insurance business, not at all a seperate entity that she connected with.  This was a flat out scam.  She is indignant and offended that people are making her out to be a con-woman - she IS!

I think Vicki is indignant and offended that she was caught doing it.

3 hours ago, ladle said:

Vicki Gunvalson: "Make America Grift Again!"

Vicki Gunvalson: "Making America `Whoop it up!` Again!"

Heather has been trying to get some of her friends cast on the show for sone time now. Back when Tamra kicked Alexis out of her luncheon, Heather had one of her hissy fits and told her producer that she had several of her friends ready to sign on immediately to replace Alexis. 

Is that making it HER show? Not necessarily, but, its close.

• Love 4

Someone on this show has to be adult enough to apologize, mean it and never repeat their ugly/bad behavior and so far, that role has been Heathers.

This gave me a thought that Kelly definitely needs someone polished to take her under her wing and do the whole Henry Higgins thing. I could see a mutually beneficial plot line next year of Heather doing that with Kelly, and of course it will never sink in completely, but it might be fun to watch them trying and maybe something will rub off on Kelly. When I think about Kelly, I think about her mother. Was she this explosive growing up and no one ever helped her? I find it hard to believe her bad manners just popped up in adulthood. So that makes me think that Heather could do something with all her righteous anger toward Kelly and try and show her the way. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I do not shade Brianna for working and working long hours I do the same. She is so her mothers daughter tho since that's a matter of pride and hyperbole w the parasite who birthed her. Also she's as materialistic and braggadocios as Mama. 

I agree that Brianna is more her mother's daughter than not. I find her in many ways to be just as shallow as Vicki. When she stated in a TH several episodes ago that "I will cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of my life if I go a penny over budget" on her new house renos I rolled my eyes. One would think that someone who is married to a military man would be a bit more aware of her privileged life, and that most of the world would love to have that as the problem that would cause them to cry themselves to sleep every night. Shallow, shallow, shallow. Add on the childish behaviour of holding her nose and continually saying "pew" as they drove through farm land on the way from OK to the OC, rather than act like an adult and use the experience to educate her children on where their food comes from, and I often find that Brianna is really a Mini Me where her mother is concerned. I hope neither her or her mother are back next season. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

This gave me a thought that Kelly definitely needs someone polished to take her under her wing and do the whole Henry Higgins thing. I could see a mutually beneficial plot line next year of Heather doing that with Kelly, and of course it will never sink in completely, but it might be fun to watch them trying and maybe something will rub off on Kelly. When I think about Kelly, I think about her mother. Was she this explosive growing up and no one ever helped her? I find it hard to believe her bad manners just popped up in adulthood. So that makes me think that Heather could do something with all her righteous anger toward Kelly and try and show her the way. 

I just don't think that will ever happen. The problem with Kelly is that she is stupid. Heather as far as I can tell has no patience with stupid people, especially those who think they are smart. I often wonder why Kelly's hubby doesn't divorce her - he can do so much better. I can only assume that he wants to keep the family together for his daughter's sake. But in any case I don't see Heather going the Henry Higgins route as while Kelly might be able to be taught manners, ya can't fix stupid. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Beden said:

I doubt that this is Vicki's last season, though her 15 minutes passed several years ago. I also wonder what she'll do, aside from shilling insurance, should she be shown the door; she seems to have invested so much of her persona and self esteem--such as it is--in being the OG that if she loses that, I wonder what she'll have left (aside from her job and family). That's a big ole love tank which is going to be seriously wanting some attention and won't be pretty.

I fear you are correct.  There is a blurb on the Bravo website about Andy's texts from RH.  He mentions one from Vicki complaining about something on social media.  The return text was- I have been telling you for eleven years to ignore social media. Get back to work.  Vicki responded by sending him a picture of files on her desk and the message she was mapping out clients' retirement plans.  His response, "that's my Vicki!"

My guess more for financial reasons than anything else is Vicki will drag her new man on one of those relationship shows.  If she wanted really big money she would drag Brooks on with her.   

Vicki's Achilles heel has always been she says stuff just for the show and after eleven years it is coming back to bite her.  Her kids have had moments of keeping her real, Donn and his "lying sack of dog crap," probably summed her up best.

Vicki is apparently opening a new office in Irvine in March of 2017 and putting out suggestions for design hoping to have a designer help.  http://www.inquisitr.com/3720602/vicki-gunvalson-cancer-charity-dropped-insurance-business-bouncing-back-after-brooks-ayers/  I guess she has a storyline for next year.  Only problem is we have seen Vicki remodel something year after year, no one gives a fig about her insurance business.  She also claims that after Brooks left her life the cancer scam, that had negatively impacted her business, was lifted.   Maybe it is a new office for her son in law. ;-)

• Love 4

That is what has never made sense to me Briana works the long shifts with huge health issues.  I would think she would be better off doing telephonic case management.  She seems competent so why take on the toughest workload?

So she will soon be able to apply for disability, of course!  And her monthly paycheck-for-life and MEDICARE for life will be based on her pre-disability income.  Ryan intended to do the same thing but the military caught on to him.  

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I think Kelly has burned that bridge already. Heather has tried with her but it is like talking to stone wall. If she comes back, and Vicki doesn't, I see Kelly reaching out to Tamra or Shannon and one of them then reaching out to Heather. I think Heather will make "nice" but keep her at arms length for most of the season, Tamra/Shannon will accept her apology as soon as Kelly lays all blame at Vicki's feet. If both she/Vicki come back I don't know where they can go from here and I just don't see Tamra, Shannon or Heather ever forgiving Vicki.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

So she will soon be able to apply for disability, of course!  And her monthly paycheck-for-life and MEDICARE for life will be based on her pre-disability income.  Ryan intended to do the same thing but the military caught on to him.  

There is absolutely no indication that Briana is going to apply for disability. The situation with Ryan was completely different because he was trying to get a medical discharge/retirement from service because he still has a few more years of service.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I agree that Brianna is more her mother's daughter than not. I find her in many ways to be just as shallow as Vicki. When she stated in a TH several episodes ago that "I will cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of my life if I go a penny over budget" on her new house renos I rolled my eyes. One would think that someone who is married to a military man would be a bit more aware of her privileged life, and that most of the world would love to have that as the problem that would cause them to cry themselves to sleep every night. Shallow, shallow, shallow. Add on the childish behaviour of holding her nose and continually saying "pew" as they drove through farm land on the way from OK to the OC, rather than act like an adult and use the experience to educate her children on where their food comes from, and I often find that Brianna is really a Mini Me where her mother is concerned. I hope neither her or her mother are back next season. 

I could be entirely wrong but there was a point where both V and B hold their nose at some stench.  I saw a clip of that this weekend and it sounded like they said Owie or the other one created that smell.  I could be wrong and they were being assholes.

• Love 3

There is absolutely no indication that Briana is going to apply for disability.

Well, most people who apply for disability don't announce it to the public in advance.  But it explains why she is obsessed about working 12-hour shifts with a serious disease WHILE raising two toddlers ON HER OWN and renovating a house.  Lots of people have a strategy for getting onto disability ... 

• Love 6
On 11/15/2016 at 5:00 PM, Natalie68 said:

I like Heather.  Sure she is snooty but she seems like a good friend who will keep a confidence even if you piss her off.  She has the same bday as Mr. Natalie and there are some similarities such as being a smartypants.  I have told him on more than one occasion that correcting someone's grammar or spelling makes people want to punch him in the throat (me for example!).  But they are loyal to a fault and are also honest.  They may keep things close to the vest but honest and warm.  But no mistake once you blow it you are not back in with them.  They will be cordial but that is it.

Preach it. I agree entirely. People watch these shows for different reasons. Some for the house porn, clothes and travel. I watch because of the relationships. I find nothing more disgusting than the revolving door of friendships. The way one gal will so easily stab another in the back. Heather is on a whole different level than any other HW I have ever seen, save for maybe Heather Thomson or Carole. She is extremely loyal to her friends. She will back them up even if she looks bad and is hypocritical in the process. I love the preview for next week when she tells Vicki off for bringing up the domestic abuse issue with Shannon. Too often at reunions you have one HW fighting a battle for themselves, while saying little to passionalty defend someone else. It looks like Heather is going to say what needs to be said to Vicki about what a horrible person she is for putting Shannon through this all in such a public forum. Heather is the friend I would want on this - or any of the other - shows. 

Kelly's main problem is that she doens't have a "Heather" in her corner for next season. She has a "Vicki". Vicki will always want to end up with the cool gals. She might give up on Shannon, but she will never give up on Heather and Tamra. She will want to be liked by them again. She doesn't have the character to stick close to someone like Kelly, who is hated by fans and the other girls. This is so completely opposite of Heather. Heather stood by Tamra when everyone hated her. That season where Tamra went running away proclaiming "you will never see my face again". Even after learning Tamra had revealed to Shannon that she didn't really want Heather in her wedding and that Heather had an eating disorder. Everyone hated Tamra. The best thing that Heather could have done for her popularity was to distance herself from Tamra. But she didn't because she is a really good friend and she loves her. To me that more than makes up for anything else and in all honesty, is the only thing that makes this show watchable for me at this point. 

• Love 21
On 11/14/2016 at 11:31 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

No, what she said when Andy asked her if she was back in anger management classes was "No, I've already taken them. If I was in anger management I would have beat the crap out of Tamra." Kelly is an idiot, often incapable of stringing together a coherent sentence. Bravo, please get this interloper off my screen.

I am pretty sure I know what Kelly meant by this. I think she was trying to say, "If I were someone who currently needed anger management classes, I would have beaten the crap out of Tamra." Meaning, the fact that she didn't beat Tamra up shows that she doesn't have an anger problem and therefore doesn't need anger management "classes."

• Love 6
On 11/15/2016 at 10:25 AM, ghoulina said:

I found it a tad hypocritical that Heather was supposedly embarrassed because of Kelly's loud cursing in the restaurant, but then proceeded to loudly curse at production, using every swear word BUT the "c" word. Girl, please. 

I don't think it's hypocritical at all.   Heather's issue wasn't just about cursing -- it was about cursing people out and calling them names.  There's a difference between calling someone a bitch and saying, "I didn't do shit last night".  True, curse words were used in both examples but one was treating someone poorly and the other was using a curse word generally in a conversation.  Heather was cursing, but she was not cursing anyone out nor was she calling someone an expletive.  When Heather screams that someone is a c word or dumb fuck, then we can use "hypocritical".

• Love 23
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I often find that Brianna is really a Mini Me where her mother is concerned. I hope neither her or her mother are back next season. 

I hope Vicki comes back as a FOH and we can finally find out if Briana is still with Ryan and Michael is outed for his furry obsession and Vicki's head explodes.

• Love 5
On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Lizzing said:

Nothing to see here except for messed up formating.

If Kelly somehow gets a second season, I'm going to need Bravo to pixelate her like they do for nudity and bleep everything she says.

I'm going to join the Heather appreciation. She's a snob and a bit pretentious. But I think that for the most part, she's good people. I also like that she tries to get these trashy morons to do things a little out of their comfort zone. Nor do I think she's a hypocrite because she curses. I think she understands that everything has an appropriate time and place. Hanging out with your drunk friends in your backyard swapping crazy stories. Cursing is probably ok. In a restaurant or in front of your grandma. Probably not ok.

Knowing that Vicki made up the Terry IV story before filming even started, I can't believe that Heather sat on that bullshit and only discussed it when other people brought it up at the end of the season. She could have used that against Vicki at the start of the season and she didn't. She didn't need to cover for Vicki like that.

4 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Heather will never do it. Kelly has burned major bridges with Heather. Jolie would be perfect, but she's too busy with school and running the household.

I'm never going to miss an opportunity to  make a joke about Jolie being the most mature person in the Meza Dodd household.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

If Kelly somehow gets a second season, I'm going to need Bravo to pixelate her like they do for nudity and bleep everything she says.

I'm going to join the Heather appreciation. She's a snob and a bit pretentious. But I think that for the most part, she's good people. I also like that she tries to get these trashy morons to do things a little out of their comfort zone. Nor do I think she's a hypocrite because she curses. I think she understands that everything has an appropriate time and place. Hanging out with your drunk friends in your backyard swapping crazy stories. Cursing is probably ok. In a restaurant or in front of your grandma. Probably not ok.

Knowing that Vicki made up the Terry IV story before filming even started, I can't believe that Heather sat on that bullshit and only discussed it when other people brought it up at the end of the season. She could have used that against Vicki at the start of the season and she didn't. She didn't need to cover for Vicki like that.

Heather will never do it. Kelly has burned major bridges with Heather. Jolie would be perfect, but she's too busy with school and running the household.

I'm never going to miss an opportunity to  make a joke about Jolie being the most mature person in the Meza Dodd household.

I don't think Heather found out until near the end of filming last season. Vicki only told Briana (who was living in OK.) and Shannon (who was not on speaking terms with Heather when Vicki told her). Too bad for Vicki that Briana told Tamra about the lie and then Tamra finally told Heather at the season finale. Upon hearing Tamra tell Heather, Shannon, who had become friends with Heather, revealed that Vicki also told her that same lie as well. I don't think Vicki ever though Heather would find out because she only told that lie to those that weren't friends with Heather. It was pretty devious of Vicki to do that. I think Vicki has done the same thing to Kelly, tell her lies about the others for sympathy in order to get/keep Kelly on her side and against the others this season. Bad choice on Vicki's part though because Kelly is just as willing to throw Vicki under the bus as Vicki is with Kelly! LOL

• Love 6

Yeah, it makes much more sense that Vicki selectively lied to people who weren't likely to tell Heather. Even still, I was impressed with Heather and Terry's reaction to it. They were upset, betrayed, and angry, but they didn't belabor it like they could have. And they really could have.

Vicki's mistake with Kelly is that she thought Kelly was like Tamra, selectively holding on to things when they could do the most damage. Unfortunately, Kelly has all of the discretion and impulse control of a 5 year old. Also Kelly isn't smart enough to be Tamra. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Yeah, it makes much more sense that Vicki selectively lied to people who weren't likely to tell Heather. Even still, I was impressed with Heather and Terry's reaction to it. They were upset, betrayed, and angry, but they didn't belabor it like they could have. And they really could have.

Vicki's mistake with Kelly is that she thought Kelly was like Tamra, selectively holding on to things when they could do the most damage. Unfortunately, Kelly has all of the discretion and impulse control of a 5 year old. Also Kelly isn't smart enough to be Tamra. 

Vicki thought she could control Kelly and use her to hurt the others without anyone ever finding out that she was behind it. I think Vicki did this with Tamra in the beginning of their "friendship" but Tamra caught on and then used Vicki just as much but I don't think Kelly ever will realize that Vicki just out and out used her to do her dirty work and really doesn't care about her at all.

I agree about Heather/Terry, they handled the lie far better than most would. That said, Heather still kept Vicki at arms length this season when possible, there was a difference in their relationship, it was distant, chillier. LOL

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I could be entirely wrong but there was a point where both V and B hold their nose at some stench.  I saw a clip of that this weekend and it sounded like they said Owie or the other one created that smell.  I could be wrong and they were being assholes.

They were both being assholes. Maxi Me commented about how many cows there were, and both her and Mini Me held their noses and continued to say "pew". It was in episode 3, and were posts made under that episode about their childish behaviour. 

15 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I am pretty sure I know what Kelly meant by this. I think she was trying to say, "If I were someone who currently needed anger management classes, I would have beaten the crap out of Tamra." Meaning, the fact that she didn't beat Tamra up shows that she doesn't have an anger problem and therefore doesn't need anger management "classes."

This has been beaten to death (no pun intended) but yes, I think everyone knows what Kelly was trying to say. But as I said, she is not capable of uttering a coherent sentence. To paraphrase what one poster wrote (sorry I don't remember who it was to give credit) with Kelly you have to translate from idiot to English to get the meaning of what she says. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

And her monthly paycheck-for-life and MEDICARE for life will be based on her pre-disability income.

Not exactly a windfall* if one considers her age.   I have lupus and went on short-term medical leave (company paid premiums) for six months.  This was after trying to work half days.  After the six months I went on long-term disability (I had paid premiums) for two years.  After that, because I qualified (first time!) under Social Security, I received Social Security Disability benefits.  My disability pay was 2/3 of my base pay.  What a shocker!  With overtime and bonuses I made $25,000+more than my base pay.  It was doable because I didn't have expenses related to going to work every day, nor is disability pay taxed.

Additionally, she would be in her 30s and no longer earning more and more money to increase her Social Security retirement benefit.  That amount is stuck at her "disability" pay.   Disability income from 2016 might be below poverty level in 2046.

*The only way this could be a windfall for Briana (if she truly IS disabled) is that she would be home and have no child care expenses...IF she's able to take care of the kids herself.    

• Love 7
7 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

This gave me a thought that Kelly definitely needs someone polished to take her under her wing and do the whole Henry Higgins thing.

Kelly would never accept anything like this.  She thinks she's the richest millionaire-millionaire (though she did nothing to earn the money) with the most class, style, and (naturally) the best house.  She can't take advice or help from anyone because everyone is beneath her.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:
On 11/15/2016 at 6:27 PM, ChelleGame said:

Just finished Andy's new book.  Not as much Housewives dish as I'd hoped. Only thing that seems to be consistent is that he dreads the reunions, and the jockeying for the seat next to him starts months in advance. [1] OC is the only one I watch consistently but it's also the franchise he talks about the least in the book.  Does not seem overly fond of any of the OC ladies but he does seem to have a real soft spot for Theresa and NeNe. A real outside-of-business friendship with Carole and Bethany. He appreciates Sheree and soothes Vicki by calling her the O.G. but not much in the pages.

He said that there was serious lobbying by Heather and Shannon to get Vicki removed from the show before the Xanax reunion last year. They presented a ton of evidence that she was lying about the cancer and his response to them was that it would be more interesting to see her defend herself. [2]

Overall, not as gossipy (about the housewives) as I was hoping for - but a distracting trifle. He talks a lot about loneliness and aging. A lot about loneliness. Oh, and he's constantly listening to show idea pitches from the husbands/boyfriends of housewives. Almost all were stupid.

[1]: Bullshit.  At him not you Chellegame.  He loves the reunions because it puts him on tv and keeps him in, what is at least the perceived, helm of a good portion of BRAVO's programming.  And I bet the jockeying for that seat gives him the longest erection he has short of going to the emergency for a prick of little hard dick.  And by these women?  Women he plays with and make mockery of and belittles even as he draws his pay and success from them?  Yeah.  Bullshit.  Without the reunions, Cohen would never have gotten his talk show. 

[2]: He really is a piece of shit.  Because the show did everything they could to provide hints and then made sure to cloud the issue.  And then brought her back for this season.  He simply hoped her notoriety would lift the shows ratings, his earning and his level of public attention as he tried to play serious journalist with interviews that in the end only clouded issues even more and let the show appear to be blameless by having someone back who tried to commit fraud with lies about cancer.  He is nothing but a self-serving turd with the same lack of morals and values that lets Vicki stay and the Lying Cheating, Thieving Disgusting Giudices.  The difference is he figured out a way to benefit from the crimes and attempted crimes of others. 

I don't argue that one bit. It's the only horse he beat repeatedly in the book which is why I included it. He was stingey as hell with any housewives tidbits. The other two books had way more dish. This seemed to be more about his loneliness, fighting aging and how many people his dog bites. Not kidding. That dog probably bites one person a week. The book was distracting while I was battling some serious blues but, ultimately, a waste since I was looking specifically for Housewives dish. 

Wait, he did also talk about shows he was pitching around town, or shows that were pitched to him. There was not a single one I wanted to watch.  A lot of lazy, obvious ideas.

Hopefully, my post saves folks from spending any time on it. Better to just let tidbits leak out. Not much else to it.

But I did take a poll through a focus group and it included RHOC and ODD MOM OUT. The questions seemed to really skew toward whether or not to keep Vicki. The questions were worded in a way that made me think TPTB read all the message boards. Lots of specificity about her and her behavior. Not as much on Kelly as I thought but it did ask  if there were any  former OC Housewives we'd like to see again.

That's all I got.

• Love 8

Also, if anyone is interested in signing up for the focus group -  that I mentioned in the post above  - this is the link.

http://viewervoice.tv/

I got another survey this evening about RHONJ so I suspect there will be another OC one post reunion part 3. The questions are usually so specific you can really tell who they're thinking of keeping, firing and what pairings they're considering.

• Love 3

Who would like to see Nina, Dr Potter's ex-wife, on the show next season?!! She's Shannon's friend (allegedly) and I found her natrocious drawling accent amusing. Not to mention Dr Potter's horrified reaction to Meghan during Meghan's egg retrieval appointment when Meghan brought up the appalling behavior at the 70's party, and Nina's involvement in it. She could be a bit of a firecracker. Or maybe she would turn out to be more along the KDudd mold of one and done, mostly universally hated hos, in which case I'd be disappointed. But. It's a thought. She certainly seemed interesting and if she's living the OC lifestyle and already connected with the existing hos, I'd rate her as a possibility. Thoughts?

Cos there HAS to be a cast change beginning with offing Vicki and Kelly, right? Heather's friends I think would bring too much smugness and pretention, but you never know. I'd like to see more Jeff Lewis related housewives. Jeff and Gage used Dr Potter for their surrogate and I love these little overlaps in my reality tv universe!

• Love 1
On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 10:52 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

She stated that if she were still taking anger management classes she would beat the crap out of Tamra. That not only makes no sense (big surprise) but I have no interest in watching a show where one cast member threatens another.

Kelly is one of those people who speaks so fast she doesn't have time to think of her words beforehand.  I'm pretty sure she meant that if she "hadn't" taken the anger management classes she would have beat the crap out of Tamra.  It's just like how she got the puppet and the puppet master mixed up.  She has no filter so whatever comes out of her mouth is pretty much gobbledygook most of the time.

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 10:43 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I did chuckle that Tamra got called out by viewer questions for having a history of getting physical with cast members, being shit stirrer, and bad mouthing parenting skills.

I applaud the caller for bringing that up about Tamra and the production crew for showing the footage of her violent ass!  But of course, everything she does gets blamed on alcohol.  Heather did the same thing when she tried to explain away how she said, "I feel sorry for her kid" about Kelly's daughter.  "I had had a few drinks and yada yada yada"!  BULLSHIT!!!  I get so sick and tired of these women blaming every bad thing they do on alcohol instead of fessing up that they are just horrible people!  Heather can really lose me with her "I'm so above you" attitude she has about everybody.  She's just as trashy as Kelly, the only difference is she doesn't cuss.  Frankly speaking, I would rather hang out with Kelly than Heather, Tamra or Shannon.

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 2:49 AM, lasandi said:

I believe that David did something physical to Shannon because of the way Shannon is crying as she protests.  Do I believe David "beat the crap out of her" no, but something did happen.  When Shannon 's mil said what she said at that renewal Shannon was pissed, hollering at David with her signature "are you kidding me right now".  When Vicki mentions the David beat up, her reaction is quite different.  So I do believe something happened and it could of been something as small as a push.

It really wouldn't surprise me if David slapped Shannon or shook her or something.  She's hysterical most of the time.  I could see him smacking her to make her come to her senses.

****ETA - As for what Kelly said about anger management, after re-watching, she does say, "If I was in anger management I would beat the crap out of Tamra."  I think she was saying it as in while she was still in it as opposed to having graduated out of it.  She's just not articulate enough to speak in an understanding manner.  That being said, my gobbledygook statement still stands!

Edited by swankie
Clarifying a statement I made.
  • Love 6
On 11/15/2016 at 11:38 AM, Trace said:

Aside from her severe personality disorders, I find Kelly hard to look at. The combination of the extremely shaved-down nose and the huge shiny lips is just so disconcerting.

She reminds me of my childhood sock monkey. Jocko has two slits for a nose, some big assed lips and always shows his ass. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, ChelleGame said:

Also, if anyone is interested in signing up for the focus group -  that I mentioned in the post above  - this is the link.

I got another survey this evening about RHONJ so I suspect there will be another OC one post reunion part 3. The questions are usually so specific you can really tell who they're thinking of keeping, firing and what pairings they're considering.

For once I'd like to see them take a different tack with these shows as they are now and bring them back to what they once were in RHOOC season 1. 

With all the baggage the cast brings they would need to recast the entire show.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Giselle said:

he reminds me of my childhood sock monkey. Jocko has two slits for a nose, some big assed lips and always shows his ass. 

Jocko in a blue monkey wrap! the Kelly descriptions here are perfect! My daughter complains at me exclaiming in disgust and huffing and puffing at the screen everytime Kelly appears on the camera. The woman is delusional. She's obviously obsessed with her appearance and has got to have had at least 1 badly done nose job, lip fillers to nail the 'vag face' baboon arse mouth, some kind of failed boob job where she's gone (as usual) for lots of volume with no consideration for how those giant jugs actually sit on her frame. Her penchant for wearing halter tops (so many this season, culminating in the blue 'monkey wrap' - thanks to poster upthread who shared her Grandma's description!) draws attention, which I'm sure is exactly what Kelly wants, but as usual it is the wrong sort of attention, because those jugs are swinging low and ungainly and look like a couple of pot bellied pigs fighting in a sack. This is the woman who attacked another woman in a classroom over a fake handbag allegation. Labels and exteriors are very important to Kelly and her family. I rewatched the very boring episode when Heather and Meghan go to Washington. Kelly and her family are having dinner and Kelly is sporting a massive gold Chanel logo necklace and Jerri Blank is sporting a matching Chanel logo bracelet across the table. Chanel must have released those earlier this year. Heather is wearing the earrings! I laugh at how Chanel is laughing all the way to the bank, knowing that fools like this lot are paying exorbitant sums to advertise for them. These kind of accessories tend to be aspirational, like buying the makeup: for those who can't afford the garments (Heather can. And does. Yawn). 

BUT. I'll say it again. My pet peeve with Kelly is after all the cash she is splashing on the crap surgeries (go big! No! Bigger!!!) and the flash as a rat with a gold tooth accessories, she gets around with that nasty limp and crappily coloured 'do' of hers. It's like a bad bowl cut. I can't stand it anymore on my screen, I swear to god. The reunion is the only time her hair looks good. i'll give her that. But no one is noticing her hair on reunion night thanks to the blue monkey wrap. Blech. The woman obviously has no taste at all. It's like a disability. Sociopaths don't get music, for example, so they'll copy the taste of whoever they want to manipulate. Kelly is like that, I feel. With a severe case of FOMO on top of it, so she's always grabbing at the biggest and the brightest and the most expensive because that's what the cool people do, and Kelly is a cool person and everyone else is 'meeeeeean to meeeeee'!! I never want to hear Kelly MegaDudd's nails down a chalk board whining voice again! Polarise out of my universe please.

• Love 5

That said, Heather still kept Vicki at arms length this season when possible, there was a difference in their relationship, it was distant, chillier. LOL

My theory is that Heather has never ever liked Vicki.  I think she looks down on her like the uncouth rube that she is.  They have never been close.  To the best of my recollection Heather is the first HW that Vicki did not haze when she first joined the cast.  They've never really had much 1:1 interaction with each other, I don't think Heather would give Vicki the time of day were it not for the show.

"If I was in anger management I would beat the crap out of Tamra." 

OK but I am just LMAO at the idea or dunk sloppy Kelly beating the crap out of Tamra who was in her best fighting shape of her life and could probably throw Kelly across a room without much effort.  Oh Kelley.  

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

My theory is that Heather has never ever liked Vicki.  I think she looks down on her like the uncouth rube that she is.  They have never been close.  To the best of my recollection Heather is the first HW that Vicki did not haze when she first joined the cast.  They've never really had much 1:1 interaction with each other, I don't think Heather would give Vicki the time of day were it not for the show.

OK but I am just LMAO at the idea or dunk sloppy Kelly beating the crap out of Tamra who was in her best fighting shape of her life and could probably throw Kelly across a room without much effort.  Oh Kelley.  

Heather has said she has no contact with Vicki when they are not filming.  On WWHL, Heather let it slip that Vicki was wanting to go on Botched to fix her nipple situation.  My guess is she has already filmed it.  Terry and Heather were nothing but gracious to Brooks and Vicki.  I picture Terry wanting to hold on to his wallet around Brooks.  Terry knew Brooks cancer claims were all a scam, he was just too ethical to say anything.

Heather being the square peg in the round hole is an apt description.  I will say with the introduction of Meghan and Shannon the tide is turning regarding the financial status of this group and Heather is less of an odd man out.  I think Tamra accepts her station in life well and is not intimidated by the others' wealth because she has never really experienced it.  Vicki is always trying to belittle the others' wealth because she feels like she is the only one who works.

As to Kelly, one her page I posted her husband's income and benefits from his tenure at Leap Frog on her thread.  With stock options and salary he was paid $13.3 million over 9 years.  His base salary was around $400k a year.  Michael is a single digit millionaire who apparently was eased out of his position back in 2013-kind of coincides with the divorce.  I am not saying he wasn't successful, as Kelly claims, but the operative word is was.  It looks like the are trying to flip their home so for all of Kelly's boasting about their wealth and class, it falls short by the others' standards. 

It still remains if Vicki was appalled at Tamra grabbing/pushing Kelly's shoulders-why wasn't she at her side comforting her?  I am disappointed with Bravo/Andy as the other woman have said that after the department store brawl, Kelly made the same claims on the shuttle about Tamra's parenting.  No wonder the others were "ganging up" on her.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ChelleGame said:

There was an article about 8 years ago in the New York Times about how Bravo monitors the web and social media to make changes in their shows. The article was "Bravo will make you a reality star (if the web agrees)." One of the things that I found really interesting during that time was that Bravo would monitor forums and that later week airings of shows would be edited from their original airing--some scenes would be expanded and others would be reduced. It was crazy.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Yeah I thought that was pretty classy. I like Heather and I hope she continues.  With all the pretension and the occasional prissiness, I still prefer her to the other harpies and wing-nuts.  She tends to be better-behaved at the reunions too.  If in fact, as later posters commented, Vicki told people she thought wouldn't tell Heather, that just lets me know how completely dumb and socially unaware Vicki is.  This show runs on gossip and all of the Ho'Wives know it.  Doesn't matter who isn't talking to who, this would have circulated in a matter of seconds, especially since by then all of them were rightfully suspicious of Brooks and his story.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

I laugh at how Chanel is laughing all the way to the bank, knowing that fools like this lot are paying exorbitant sums to advertise for them.

Every Ho'Wife on every franchise seems to think it's Klassayyy to wear that honking big awful logo at every opportunity.  Honestly guys, we get it.  You can afford Chanel gold-plated Swarovski-crystal Euro-junk.  I understand that crap is what is keeping the House of Chanel afloat.  But old Coco there must be spinning in her grave.  Yes, she was a card-carrying Nazi-collaborating anti-Semitic bitch.  But she surely could design a beautiful, casual, incredibly subtle but amazingly stylish outfit.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Preach it. I agree entirely. People watch these shows for different reasons. Some for the house porn, clothes and travel. I watch because of the relationships. I find nothing more disgusting than the revolving door of friendships. The way one gal will so easily stab another in the back. Heather is on a whole different level than any other HW I have ever seen, save for maybe Heather Thomson or Carole. She is extremely loyal to her friends. She will back them up even if she looks bad and is hypocritical in the process. I love the preview for next week when she tells Vicki off for bringing up the domestic abuse issue with Shannon. Too often at reunions you have one HW fighting a battle for themselves, while saying little to passionalty defend someone else. It looks like Heather is going to say what needs to be said to Vicki about what a horrible person she is for putting Shannon through this all in such a public forum. Heather is the friend I would want on this - or any of the other - shows. 

Kelly's main problem is that she doens't have a "Heather" in her corner for next season. She has a "Vicki". Vicki will always want to end up with the cool gals. She might give up on Shannon, but she will never give up on Heather and Tamra. She will want to be liked by them again. She doesn't have the character to stick close to someone like Kelly, who is hated by fans and the other girls. This is so completely opposite of Heather. Heather stood by Tamra when everyone hated her. That season where Tamra went running away proclaiming "you will never see my face again". Even after learning Tamra had revealed to Shannon that she didn't really want Heather in her wedding and that Heather had an eating disorder. Everyone hated Tamra. The best thing that Heather could have done for her popularity was to distance herself from Tamra. But she didn't because she is a really good friend and she loves her. To me that more than makes up for anything else and in all honesty, is the only thing that makes this show watchable for me at this point. 

I love this post but I disagree Vicki wants to be in with the cool girls.  Vicki would be quite content if the entirety of the show was focused around her fabulous life of insurance conventions, trips to her time share in Puerto Vallarta and her children, grandchildren and extended family.  I almost forgot her new love, who appeared on the show but will never watch the show. I know Wire Wrap doesn't agree about Vicki wanting Briana has a full-time RH, but just recently Vicki is on Facebook again promoting Briana for Season 12.  Vicki's work footage is usually an epic fail-remember the smart board?  Every bit of advice Vicki gives seemed to centered around her life.  "I wish I was still married to Donn," except when she was she didn't care.  As far as giving up on Heather and Tamra-Vicki has been working over time on social media disparaging Tamra and her real estate career. Last year it was the comment about her kids and Tamra being in a custody battle, this year Eddie being gay rumors.  I believe the Dubrows have washed their hands over the second cancer scam.   BTW Vicki still has the #KillAllCancer up on her Facebook page, with glowing comments about the guy we saw on TV. 

I don't think there will ever be a time when Heather forgives Vicki or wants her back in her life.   Heather knows they are constantly searching for new cast members and she is in a good place right now in her life.  She has given up picking up her acting career in lieu of hosting, and Podcasts, and promoting products. 

Heather has shown herself to be a good friend.  When asked on social media if Kelly is still friends with Meghan, she answered, "No she moved to St. Louis."  When Meghan was asked if she was still friends with Heather, she answered, "yes, friends disagree respectfully."  Heather was asked the same about Meghan and said, "we love Meghan."  Heather has bonded with Shannon and now they are friends.  I thought heather gave high praise when she said, "Shannon is a great gift giver."  Meaning she has style. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Sure she is snooty but she seems like a good friend who will keep a confidence even if you piss her off.  She has the same bday as Mr. Natalie and there are some similarities such as being a smartypants.  I have told him on more than one occasion that correcting someone's grammar or spelling makes people want to punch him in the throat (me for example!).  But they are loyal to a fault and are also honest.  They may keep things close to the vest but honest and warm.  But no mistake once you blow it you are not back in with them.  They will be cordial but that is it.

I don't know if that is really an accurate description of Heather. I mean she overheard Tamra telling Shannon how much fun she is and that Heather has a stick up her ass, and Heather's reaction was to go to Eddie and blab what Tamra had told her in confidence about having another baby. Also for all of her pearl clutching at Kelly's use of the "C" word, it turns out it is actually one of her favorite words according her Entertainment Tonight interview a year or so ago: http://tamaratattles.com/2016/11/16/heather-dubrow-actually-loves-the-c-word/

• Love 3
22 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Tamra's reaction to Kelly's words and her behavior on the bus spewing spittle into Vicki's face and pretty much her tenure on this show has nothing to do with Kelly or really anyone else, try as Tams does to blame everyone for her foul actions and thoughts  -- it has to do with Tamra being trash. Forever and ever. O, wait, she's walkin' the walk. Let me rephrase: forever and ever, amen. IMO. And LOL.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Well, most people who apply for disability don't announce it to the public in advance.  But it explains why she is obsessed about working 12-hour shifts with a serious disease WHILE raising two toddlers ON HER OWN and renovating a house.  Lots of people have a strategy for getting onto disability ... 

Those people don't have the bills that Briana will have living in the OC.   I'm not even sure that Briana has worked the requisite 40 quarters to qualify for SSDI.  In any event, that whopping 1,000 give or take a couple of hundred dollars won't even cover utilities and food costs.  Briana isn't trying to get on disability.   Her income from doing the show alone would disqualify her.  

• Love 9
On 11/16/2016 at 1:58 PM, TheFinalRose said:

By jove! I think you've conceived Bravo's newest show (and they better give you commission!) --  some sort of "Etiquette Hell" type of thing where Bravolebrities needing help with decorum (and there are many, not just Kelly) go to classes to learn basic good manners and behavior. But not Heather as the HBIC  -- she's just too scornful and full of herself. Did any of you watch the early seasons* of DCC:MTT? The young women selected for training camp were sent to an etiquette expert as part of the process. The expert was a low-keyed woman who actually had a clue. Bravo should steal her from CMT and put her in charge.

* it's possible this s/l is still part of the current MTT -- I quit watching after 3 seasons cuz it was too repetitious.

Edited by steelcitysister
doncha hate catching typos hours later?
  • Love 3