Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Chapter 9

• Start Topic

Lana Winters! I love the shared universe  these gloriously messed up stories  take place in.

I love the concept of some fans wandering into this mess, but I feel it would have had a bigger impact had they not been introduced and killed off in the same episode.

• Love 4

SO much shaky cam in the dark (IN THE DAMN WOODS, of course).

So did the one Polk survive?

Let's go back to the house! Stupid till the end both the real and fake characters.

RealShelby and FakeShelby both seemed able to take a meat cleaver to the shoulder with little effect. 

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 14

Agree this has been the best season since Murder House. The only problem I had with this episode was the jumpy cameras and dark scenes. I couldn't see who the car accident lady/ghost was. 

What happened to Lee? Was she possessed or something? Poor Taissa Farminga and those guys! They ended up being the sacrifices. The cops finally, finally show up and Lee is the lone survivor. 

I can't wait to see the last episode! 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Agree this has been the best season since Murder House. The only problem I had with this episode was the jumpy cameras and dark scenes. I couldn't see who the car accident lady/ghost was. 

What happened to Lee? Was she possessed or something? Poor Vera Farminga and those guys! They ended up being the sacrifices. The cops finally, finally show up and Lee is the lone survivor. 

I can't wait to see the last episode! 

Yes, the witch fed her a heart and took control of her. 

I'm pretty pleased with myself for calling Lee as the survivor. I don't usually get these things right. 

Car accident ghost was the producer who left and got killed by Piggyman while driving. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

What happened to Lee? Was she possessed or something?

She was lost in the woods, and the Witch creature thing appeared, slaughtered a pig(?) offered Lee its heart, said "Surrender to me", and Lee then ate the heart, and next thing we knew, the role of The Butcher will now be played by Lee.

• Love 4

That was so much awesome.  I loved the fans trekking to Ronoanoke and commenting like fans do.  It was so much fun to watch.  

Yeah most of us figured Lee would be the lone survivor.  It made the most sense.  I did like the cops finnsly showing up to a house full of bodies.  

This has been an awesome season.

• Love 5

I.... don't even have words right now. I will have to get my brain functions a little bit back in order to process what I just saw.

Two things that I do have to say however:

The shot of Pig Man riding to the house with the Uber driver (of course it's Rhett again!) had me absolutely fucking howling on the floor.

Taissa Farmiga's buggy-eyed performance going batshit in the control cabin was TOTALLY identical to her older sister Vera Farmiga's best performances as buggy-eyed batshit Norma Bates in "Bates Motel".  They even look totally identical despite the age gap.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, PerfidiousAmber said:

The shot of Pig Man riding to the house with the Uber driver (of course it's Rhett again!) had me absolutely fucking howling on the floor.

That was a nice callback. But, then all I thought is "Where is Cricket?"

• Love 5

I love how everyone just gets back up after being fatally stabbed.  I didn't even realize the Pig Man actor was alive when he chased the bloggers.

Too bad Audrey didn't make it, she was still talking about how Monet would look in front of a camera. 
I wonder if Lee is faking not remembering anything, she sure ate that heart pretty quickly.

Edited by peridot
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, PerfidiousAmber said:

I.... don't even have words right now. I will have to get my brain functions a little bit back in order to process what I just saw.

Two things that I do have to say however:

Taissa Farmiga's buggy-eyed performance going batshit in the control cabin was TOTALLY identical to her older sister Vera Farmiga's best performances as buggy-eyed batshit Norma Bates in "Bates Motel".  They even look totally identical despite the age gap.

I had only seen Vera in The Orphan when I watched Murder House.  Despite the age difference, I knew they had to be sisters because the similarity was uncanny. 

5 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Well, that was a palate cleanser after the shit show of the last 24 hours in America.

You said it, bilgistic.  (Checking emigration policies to Ireland and Australia.)

I think we set a personal best for "hey - pause - rewind" to check out whether we actually saw what we thought we did.  The running apparition.  The missing body in the car. Checking out the cute Uber driver a couple of times, along with Wes Pig Head. Hot wiring the truck and /splat/. Angela Basset over the rail. Appearance of weird Polk brother.  Roanoke clan back for a BBQ (that was Taisa Farmiga, wasn't it?). Audrey splayed on the ground like a swastika. And then -yay!- Lana Winters in the previews.

We shouted "what?" enough to disturb our dog.

• Love 7

Now I'm thinking that Sarah Paulson's accent might have been in part to contrast her two characters more, knowing that Lana would appear in the final episode of this season. 

Total speculation but I'm thinking Lee is going to be visited by a whole bunch of unhappy spirits next week. 

Edited by lulee
Wrong name
  • Love 6

I'm going to assume that the hikers livestreamed their deaths by flame, and that alerted the Internet crowd which *finally* brought the local cops. At points, you need a Powerpoint Chart and instant replay.

Nice tight season. I  am looking forward to next week's finale as an epiloge.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'm going to assume that the hikers livestreamed their deaths by flame, and that alerted the Internet crowd which *finally* brought the local cops. At points, you need a Powerpoint Chart and instant replay.

Nice tight season. I  am looking forward to next week's finale as an epiloge.

They did. One of them said the footage was being live streamed in attempt to get the colonists to not kill them.

• Love 1

This season's episodes just get better and better, I really admire the tone and pacing this season.  Of course the murderer is last woman standing.  Next week Lana Winters!

So Billie Dean from season one made an appearance in season 5, and now Lana Winters from season two makes an appearance in Season 6, does this mean Cordelia Fox from season 3 makes an appearance next season?

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2

Does explain Sarah Paulson's bad accent for Audrey.  Not only did she have to play fauxShelby but A B list English actress and then revive Lana Winters.  I bet sonwhete along the way someone must have said "fake English accent" to tell them all apart,  

• Love 1

Thank goodness there's only one more to go because I don't know where else they could've gone with this season. Other than that, great stuff.

The Roanoke fans were decently written but not a surprise they didn't make it out of the episode alive. 

Bye Dylan, you were essentially useless. 

Monet and Audrey, both of you lasted a little longer but in the end, it had to be Lee/new butcher as the surviving one.

Can't wait for next week's finale, 8/10

I spent the whole episode trying to decide if that was Taissa Farmiga or not. How does she manage to look younger now than she did five years ago when she was in Murder House?

Love the quick pace and no b/s of this season. 

I don't know about the "no b/s" part. The last four episodes have sort of worked for me, but the first five still seem like a big fat waste of time. I think they could have devoted just one episode - maybe two - to establishing the docu-drama part then jumped right into the reality show part. Because I have a hard time believing "My Roanoke Nightmare" was this big, successful TV show with fans obsessing over it. We saw too much of it, and an audience would have had the same reaction we did: "Uh, no - just leave the house, dummies." 

I think they could have gotten more mileage out of the reality show part and made if feel less rushed. And if they had showed less of the docu-drama part it would be easier to believe it was some smash success on TV.

the Witch creature thing appeared, slaughtered a pig(?) offered Lee its heart, said "Surrender to me", and Lee then ate the heart, and next thing we knew, the role of The Butcher will now be played by Lee

So was "the witch creature" also responsible for The Butcher being The Butcher? I don't think the show did a very good job of explaining the connection between the original Roanoke Colony and the character Lady Gaga was supposed to be.

The ending with Shelby reminded me of the ending of Night of the Living Dead.

Yeah, that's not a coincidence. Almost everything this season was kind of a rip-off of well known horror films.

I'd still rank this season above Coven and Freak Show but it's not something I'd go back and watch a second time, like Murder House or Asylum.

• Love 9

This was definitely one of the better seasons.  The finale has to do some serious mind fuckery for me to hate the season.  I usually keep AHS on my DVR for awhile and rewatch it at least once but erased Coven and Freak Show as I watched them I was so disappointed and I still haven't rewatched.   So far I am looking forward to a good rewatch of Ronoake when I have the time.  

Hey anyone have google map?  Oh wait never mind.   

• Love 2

This was not my most favorite episode of all time. First, I just can't with the handicam work. So I spent a lot of time not being able to look at the screen. I somehow entirely missed Lee meeting the witch. Who knows?

At any rate, I am interested to see next week's show just for closure, but I thought it ended fairly flat. 

• Love 7

A little too much shaky cam for me (even by this seasons standards), but still a really damn intense episode, and legitimately pretty scary. The "obsessed with getting likes recording everything millennials" were better written than most TV millennials. At least they were more sympathetic than most characters this season. And, hey, the cops finally show up! Now will someone FINALLY burn down that freaking house?! Salt the land, take if even further off the map, get rid of it forever! Its killed HOW MANY people at this point? 

So I guess Lee was possessed? But was she possessed when she killed Mason? If not, she`s still a pretty horrible person. I mean, burning your kids father alive, when the worst thing he ever did was try to take custody after Lee drank around Flora, then kidnapped her? Thats cold, Lee.  

Audrey turned out to have a lot more fight than I would have expected! Too bad she died, but I figured Lee would be the survivor. And Dylan was pretty underused. But, so very pretty, so thats ok! 

This season has certainly had its faults, but its still way more cohesive than some of the past seasons, and it has given some actual real scares, and not just campy and weird. 

• Love 6

I just hope they show more of/explain more of the Witch in the last episode, because that’s the part I’m most disappointed in not getting more of so far. I didn’t like this season. It’s really just been watching people die nonstop with as much gore as possible, because the few characters around long enough to even get to know aren’t likable and then you have others that are laughable (like the British character). It's definitely not scary.  Asylum, Coven, and Hotel are still my favorite three. I’d put this one below Freak Show, too, because at least there was Dandy that season.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3

There were also a couple of overhead shots that belied the hand-held camera gimmick. The first was when the two blogger kids were skewered and burned and the second was when the police shot Audrey. Both of those were supposed to be "found footage" so I don't know where the hell the overhead camera was supposed to be, especially for the sacrifice scene since the "warning" card told us the footage had been retrieved from one of the blogger kid's iCloud accounts.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So was "the witch creature" also responsible for The Butcher being The Butcher? I don't think the show did a very good job of explaining the connection between the original Roanoke Colony and the character Lady Gaga was supposed to be.

Yes.  We saw Kathy Bates get put out in the woods by the original colonists with a cage on her head as punishment.  Gaga finds her and feeds her a pig heart which ties her to land/makes her The Butcher.  I think it's confusing because all of the backstory was shown to us with the re-enactment folks

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

There were also a couple of overhead shots that belied the hand-held camera gimmick. The first was when the two blogger kids were skewered and burned and the second was when the police shot Audrey. Both of those were supposed to be "found footage" so I don't know where the hell the overhead camera was supposed to be, especially for the sacrifice scene since the "warning" card told us the footage had been retrieved from one of the blogger kid's iCloud accounts.

I think Sidney had stationed a bunch of cameras on poles or trees around the property, or on the exterior of the house.

• Love 1

Well I loved this season.  Loved it!  It took the contemporary horror tropes, presented them with a tongue in cheek self awareness without sliding into pretentiousness, and did so with talented seasoned actors who are all smart enough to ride the edge of all the genres and know the difference.  And there were bona fide laughs and scary moments to boot.  I found I watched the last half of the season with actual glee.  I will rewatch and this has been my favorite AHS season.

LOL moments: 

- Totally nonjudgmental Uber driver.

- Angela Basset's "I told you she killed him" moment.

- Vlogging millennials being deep "Racism is scary.  Patriarchy is scary."

- Badass Audrey "Say that again." Shoots to kill.

- "It's the killing fields out here!"

- Navy Seal turned actor with a work ethic.

- That it was the dumbass fandom (us) that finally got the police to show up in force.

PS: the actress playing "real"Lee I only knew from True Blood in which she was very unlikable.  In this she was a revelation and more than held her own with the Oscar winners on cast.

• Love 10

I'm curious what they will do with a whole episode next week. I also agree with the poster upthread that called this a little flat. Although the set-up has been much more interesting these past few episodes, we are just watching a bunch of people being killed without any more of a look into the what or how any of the various spirits at the house or the surrounding land. 

• Love 3

Sarah Paulson gets to play two people per season quite a bit! First she was Dot and Bette, then Sally and the psychic, now Audrey and Lana. And I guess you can say she played three parts this season, since she was also Shelby. Maybe next season she'll play every part.

• Love 4