Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

The Weather Channel is playing 8 hours of soft jazz and relaxing music for the people finding this too difficult to escape to.  'Escape The Election" and it's accompanied by serene graphics and videos.

Ugh Verizon dropped TWC in March and I hate them for it because they replaced it with a vastly inferior product.

123-97 for Drumpf!  What the fuck.

At least New York was sensible.

I don't give a fuck if all of these states are generally red.  This is not a typical election so how that orange-faced, small-handed, misogynistic, racist, homophobic, hateful fucking hellbeast could get ANY FUCKING PERSON to vote for him is beyond my scope of reason.  

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Hillary Clinton has to win big or Donald is going to cry 'rigged'.  I hate seeing this dragged on even longer than it has.

68 electoral votes for Hillary   66 electoral votes for Trump

With all due respect, that 70-year-old titty baby is going to cry "rigged" even if he loses by a wide margin.  So will his cult members.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

The husband and I are taking turns keeping an eye on things. I couldn't decide if I should drinking to make this shitshow palatable or mainline coffee as to stay awake and alert, so I'm doing both!

I might have made a horrible mistake.

Espresso Martini. Great compromise.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AmandaPanda said:

Dear Brian Williams, 

There is no reason you need to differentiate between "too close" and "too early." We understand that if a poll closed literally less than five minutes ago, people haven't finished counting yet. 

His constant need to be pedantic is nauseating.  I will admit that his 11th Hour panels were good though.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

He's going to pull an upset, isn't he? I feel so heartsick.

Don't say such things! It just can't happen - Hillary is getting at least 55 votes from CA and Dems generally do better as things move West. Keep the faith - we will not have President (Dictator) Oompa Loompa.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

123-97 Trump, but all the states he has picked up are states he was projected to pick up, right?  RIGHT?!  That's how I'm staying ... well, not calm, but alive.

Yes.  Everything he's picked up is on his side of the line in the 538 "Snake" graph.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, AmandaPanda said:

Dear Brian Williams, 

There is no reason you need to differentiate between "too close" and "too early." We understand that if a poll closed literally less than five minutes ago, people haven't finished counting yet. 

They actually explained this last night -- Eugene Robinson said "too early" means that, "too close to call" means it is going to be a long night.  Means they have enough results to know it is going to be very close.

This is so nervewracking.  I thought it would be more clearcut. 

• Love 1

I've  changed my sheets, scrubbed 2 toilets, and done a load of laundry.

The projection of each state's winner on the Empire State Building is eerily reminiscent of the dead tribute projections in the sky in The Hunger Games. 

• Love 4
Just now, Bastet said:

123-97 Trump, but all the states he has picked up are states he was projected to pick up, right?  RIGHT?!  That's how I'm staying ... well, not calm, but alive.

CNN is saying 97-84 Clinton, but I don't know how accurate it is.

C'mon, please don't let liberty die with thunderous applause tonight. Please?

Just now, HumblePi said:

No, he's not. This is exactly as it was in 2012. Hillary will pull ahead

It is? I can't remember. It doesn't seem like he's one anything he's not projected to win. But I'm concerned with how she's doing in the places she's supposed to win.

Just now, jjj said:

They actually explained this last night -- Eugene Robinson said "too early" means that, "too close to call" means it is going to be a long night.  Means they have enough results to know it is going to be very close.

This is so nervewracking.  I thought it would be more clearcut. 

Maybe I should reword it as the "too early" designation is not needed. Plus, he re-explains it every 20-25 minutes. 

• Love 2

The difference between Hillary winning or losing North Carolina appears to be almost exactly equal (at this point) to the number of votes that Gary Johnson has in North Carolina.

Fuck protest votes. That literally is the "win" of the entire Presidency there cock-blocked (remember, Hillary only has to win ONE of the swing states... although at this hour she's projected to lose in all of them so far... which could change of course).

• Love 7

We have a long way to go.  But I am so utterly revolted that it's even an open question.  That I knew it would be at this point does not lessen my disgust in the slightest.  This is not a typical election.  This is a moderate with a wealth of experience versus a narcissistic loon who doesn't comprehend the basics of how government works and has run a campaign of lies and hate.  That we're sitting here chewing on our nails is a shameful indictment of our country.

• Love 22

Since you guys are all so frustrated by Florida's flip flopping might I suggest an exchange with Bavaria? Bavarians are ultra conservative nitwits but at least they're very consistent about it. Think about the offer; no need to hurry. As long as the deal's done before our general elections next September we're good.

Just now, Kromm said:

The difference between Hillary winning or losing North Carolina appears to be almost exactly equal (at this point) to the number of votes that Gary Johnson has in North Carolina.

Fuck protest votes. That literally is the "win" of the entire Presidency there cock-blocked (remember, Hillary only has to win ONE of the swing states... although at this hour she's projected to lose in all of them so far... which could change of course).

I think most Johnson votes drew away from Trump though.

• Love 1
Just now, Bastet said:

We have a long way to go.  But I am so utterly revolted that it's even an open question.  That I knew it would be at this point does not lessen my disgust in the slightest.  This is not a typical election.  This is a moderate with a wealth of experience versus a narcissistic loon who doesn't comprehend the basics of how government works and has run a campaign of lies and hate.  That we're sitting here chewing on our nails is a shameful indictment of our country.

It just goes to show that our country is so deeply divided and it's more serious than anyone ever thought. But, Donald gave every hater a license to come out of the shadows and openly hate

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Kromm said:

That's what happens - Minnesota embraces third parties - and guess how Michele Bachmann kept winning?

• Love 3