Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/24/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, bannana said:

...Also Whoopi just kept beating that Walking Dead horse to death and repeating her point over and over.  She is just nauseatingly annoying.  So when she says something that makes sense or is insightful, nobody is listening.

Bannana, your husband is right.  The violence the fans were upset about had nothing to do with zombies but thanks Whoopi for telling us ten times what zombies do.   Sheesh.  It was the graphic deaths of two beloved characters plus psychological torture of a father and son at the hands of a sadistic sociopath. 

*I'm a faithful TWD watcher (something my teenage nephew and I do together) and we are both done with the show.  There was no entertainment value for us in that whatsoever.

• Love 9

Over 1100 likes for this post on the Huffpo article

Mark Morehouse 

I wish they had pressed Cameron on which of Hillary's positions she thinks is not Christian. The Bible never says anything about gay marriage or abortion. But the Bible does speak against divorce, and Hillary stayed with her husband and worked things out. In other words, Traditional Marriage! Hillary's other policies are about helping the poor, the sick, children, and the elderly which is pretty much what Jesus preached.

Isn't it that in a nutshell? Trump isn't any of the things Christianity is about. It's not the words, it's the acts. 

I predict CCB can't handle the scrutiny and she'll be the next to go. If only it were Whoopi instead.  

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Mark Morehouse 

I wish they had pressed Cameron on which of Hillary's positions she thinks is not Christian. The Bible never says anything about gay marriage or abortion. But the Bible does speak against divorce, and Hillary stayed with her husband and worked things out. In other words, Traditional Marriage! Hillary's other policies are about helping the poor, the sick, children, and the elderly which is pretty much what Jesus preached.

Isn't it that in a nutshell? Trump isn't any of the things Christianity is about. It's not the words, it's the acts. 

I predict CCB can't handle the scrutiny and she'll be the next to go. If only it were Whoopi instead.  

Sorry I was trying to quote the quote. I read the Bible a long LONG time ago, but I wanted to ask what exactly is said about abortion and gay marriage since CCB keeps referring to it as far as the subject goes.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

For what it's worth, I've also read the Quran. Nowhere does it say that females are not allowed to drive . Yes, I'm sincere. That's a man law, not God's. And yes, I know there were no cars at the time. :-) Just making a point.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I wish she'd be pressed on why she thinks Trump is a Christian.  Beside the abortion thing, which isn't even clear. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 16

I have to agree - CCB lives in a bubble. And most assuredly is not a critical thinker. Seems to me she should have a knowledge why she does and doesn't prefer one candidate over another and pick one with reasoning. But - just.....nope. As MM and Oprah have said - you don't need to agree totally with Hillary or like her. And it is the same for Trump. And to choose one or two religious reasons and call the other reasons nitpicky is just narrow minded, imo.

ETA = added prefer

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 9

Oh good grief - Whoopi needs to re-read "The President's Club." An amazing book and so historical. Like Trump would ever ask for advice from his campaign, surrogates......teams, etc. Heck - he may not even give a concession speech.

How did Bill Clinton become friends with HW Bush - or the Obama's with GW Bush? The Club. The one they respected......not the king-ship Trump expects.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3

I think the Michael Moore "then don't have one" works well in regards to same sex marriage but does not really work well in terms of abortion.  Because you can be pro-choice and still think life begins at conception.  And I think the pushback for Hair and Make Bure should have been that pro-choice is never pro-abortion.  That Bure herself is an advocate for pro-choice since during her reproductive life, abortion has been legal so bare bones of it all, she chose to carry her pregnancies to term.  So for her to be able to make her choice no matter what was the determining factor and then try to deny others the same right is absurd, hypocritical and of course typical Hair and Makeup Bure.   But I would love to see someone point that out to her -- so you're only pro-choice for yourself huh?  Wow that is so selfish Candace?  Why are you sooooooo selfish?

I also hate her God's choice defense.  Because I want someone to pipe up and ask her if that means she won't be calling 911 if someone in her family has a health emergency?  Hey. Let's let God decide if your pig of a husband grabs his chest drops to the ground and then lies on the ground unable to move while turning blue, shall we?  Or those kids of yours?  How about we let God decide their fate truly and utterly the minute a health issue arises.  It's so chicken and egg with her ignorance and arrogance as to which prompts the other.  But her myopic refusal to see anything other than in a way that allows her to think she not only has the right answers but also all the answers even as she is left sitting mute and gaping slightly like that guppy that never moves from the side of the tank until it finally is found floating belly up one day.

Trust Goldberg to not have a clue other than reading a headline about a violent premiere for The Walking Dead and thinking she knew everything about the matter.   She has to the worst player of Telephone on the planet.   Though I think a fun game would be to open up your newsfeed, read the latest headlines and see if you can make up a Whoopi "facts" approach to the story within that she never has a clue as to what it says.

The rather funny thing is if that Hideous Orange Scrotum wins, I think Bure would have an on air meltdown or storm off in tears and never been seen again.  Right now the show has two focuses and with the BlahBlah Spilled Makeup Kit trying to put all kinds of false equivalence out every day, it is actually kind of muted in many ways.  But that Thing as President?  Bure couldn't handle having to deal with him as a truth and not just a campaign myth being sold. 

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Hearing Republican men claim to be so "pro-life," when what they really want is complete control over women's bodies.

And are ready to go to war, use nuclear weapons and support the death penalty.  

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

See, I honestly don't think it's laziness or even being uneducated; I think [Candace is] just not that smart and by not that smart I mean, dumb. 

I had a good friend who was an AA sponsor, and he said that the stupid people were the best at being sober. He'd just tell them, don't drink, read this book, do the steps, call me... and they would. He said it was the clever ones who wanted to parse out everything in the program and ended up intellectualizing themselves to death (sometimes literally).

I have to think it's the same way with CCB and religion. She says they were raised with no religious background. So when Kirk decided to convert the family, he told them A, B, C and Candace for one seems to have believed everything he told her. Abortion is bad, this is a Christian nation, good girls don't speak back to men, etc. Because she had nothing else to compare it to, she accepted it all. Fundamentalists generally don't ask for reasoning or shades of grey, as many other religions do. So she firmly believes these things, but has no reasoning behind her beliefs except she was told that "THIS is Christianity."

(I say this as a left-of-center Christian who comes from a family that includes nearly every form of Christianity under the sun, from Jehovah's Witnesses to Mormons to Mennonites, plus all the standard Protestant denominations and Roman Catholics. And fundamentalists. There was always a lot of back-and-forth and most of us are pretty talented at defending our beliefs, just as a defense mechanism.)

• Love 11
5 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I had a good friend who was an AA sponsor, and he said that the stupid people were the best at being sober. He'd just tell them, don't drink, read this book, do the steps, call me... and they would. He said it was the clever ones who wanted to parse out everything in the program and ended up intellectualizing themselves to death (sometimes literally).

A better way of putting it might be 'I've never met anyone who is too dumb to get sober, but I have met people who are too smart to get sober.'

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I have to think it's the same way with CCB and religion. She says they were raised with no religious background. So when Kirk decided to convert the family, he told them A, B, C and Candace for one seems to have believed everything he told her. Abortion is bad, this is a Christian nation, good girls don't speak back to men, etc. Because she had nothing else to compare it to, she accepted it all. Fundamentalists generally don't ask for reasoning or shades of grey, as many other religions do. So she firmly believes these things, but has no reasoning behind her beliefs except she was told that "THIS is Christianity.".........................................

Yes, what you're saying is consistent with my catholic school education.  Being told what is true, and that if you believe it you will be rewarded, if you question it you will  be punished for not having faith.  It is so much easier to just accept what you're told is true, so you don't actually have to THINK about abortion, evolution, LGBT issues.  That's what I meant when I posted that CCB was intellectually lazy.   When you are given a view, you can accept it, and use "As a Christian,  I believe........"  The actual meaning is "I don't want to consider this issue from other angles, I prefer to regurgitate a view that some men in my church have decided for me."    Sherri Shepherd did this all the time, excusing ignorance with "As a Christian..."    It's also a way to deny your own bigotry -   It's not that I hate gay people, it's just that the BIBLE says it's wrong! 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I have to think it's the same way with CCB and religion. She says they were raised with no religious background. So when Kirk decided to convert the family, he told them A, B, C and Candace for one seems to have believed everything he told her. Abortion is bad, this is a Christian nation, good girls don't speak back to men, etc. Because she had nothing else to compare it to, she accepted it all. Fundamentalists generally don't ask for reasoning or shades of grey, as many other religions do. So she firmly believes these things, but has no reasoning behind her beliefs except she was told that "THIS is Christianity."

(I say this as a left-of-center Christian who comes from a family that includes nearly every form of Christianity under the sun, from Jehovah's Witnesses to Mormons to Mennonites, plus all the standard Protestant denominations and Roman Catholics. And fundamentalists. There was always a lot of back-and-forth and most of us are pretty talented at defending our beliefs, just as a defense mechanism.)

Left of center Christian here as well! We do exist! 

• Love 8

Oh stfu BAB about Hilliary always receiving flattering coverage while Dumph only receives unflattering. Maybe if he did something worth covering in a flattering manner without making a gigantic asshat out of himself it would happen.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Oh stfu BAB about Hilliary always receiving flattering coverage while Dumph only receives unflattering. Maybe if he did something worth covering in a flattering manner without making a gigantic asshat out of himself it would happen.

On what planet does she live on?  Hillary has been vilified by much of the media for years.  Much of it based on innuendo and outright lies.  Trump on the other hand had until recently been given a tongue bath by the media.  And the "unflattering" coverage he is getting now is because of his own words and actions.  CCB really does live in a bubble and I think she is losing oxygen.

• Love 20
29 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

On what planet does she live on?  Hillary has been vilified by much of the media for years.  Much of it based on innuendo and outright lies.  Trump on the other hand had until recently been given a tongue bath by the media.  And the "unflattering" coverage he is getting now is because of his own words and actions.  CCB really does live in a bubble and I think she is losing oxygen.

That's the most she's talked all month. Somebody must have told her to open her mouth. Of course what she said was ludicrous, but I guess we can't have everything. 

I actually agreed with Whoopi on something! Wow! I agree that it is important for mom's to know it's okay if it turns out they can't breastfeed. There is so much judgement around that issue. Joy was being a little pushy about it. Sometimes you can't just push through. And women need to know that it is ok. I did appreciate Sara's contribution in that regard. She really had a rough time and it helps for people to acknowledge that. So wow both Whoopi and Sara made sense to me and Joy was the one I disagreed with. This really is backwards day!

• Love 6

Super-rich Republican male politicians, who consider themselves "good christians," do everything in their power to make the federal government stop providing welfare, food stamps, medical care, early childhood education, school breakfasts/lunches, to low-income families, the elderly & disabled Americans.  

• Love 16

Did they even end the show after going to break after Phil Collins? I thought I saw something start to flash on screen when I happened to look away but I never saw them come back and do the usual ending.

Edited by Jaded
11 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Super-rich Republican male politicians, who consider themselves "good christians," do everything in their power to make the federal government stop providing welfare, food stamps, medical care, early childhood education, school breakfasts/lunches, to low-income families, the elderly & disabled Americans.  

To put it bluntly it's the "I got mine fuck all the rest of you" type of governing.  Jesus was all about that don't you know?

• Love 20
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, what you're saying is consistent with my catholic school education.  Being told what is true, and that if you believe it you will be rewarded, if you question it you will  be punished for not having faith.  It is so much easier to just accept what you're told is true, so you don't actually have to THINK about abortion, evolution, LGBT issues.  That's what I meant when I posted that CCB was intellectually lazy.   When you are given a view, you can accept it, and use "As a Christian,  I believe........"  The actual meaning is "I don't want to consider this issue from other angles, I prefer to regurgitate a view that some men in my church have decided for me."    Sherri Shepherd did this all the time, excusing ignorance with "As a Christian..."    It's also a way to deny your own bigotry -   It's not that I hate gay people, it's just that the BIBLE says it's wrong! 

So much love for this post ?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

They wished Paula a happy birthday. Did she get fired? TIA

No, not fired but I think she only shows up on Friday which not coincidentally is the day the show is supposed to be Whoopi-Free.  Can't say that I blame her one bit. 

I haven't seen today's show (Wednesday) yet but did you guys notice Whoopi has started closing the show with the original line, "Take  a little time to enjoy The View."  rather than her nonsensical , "Take a little time to enjoy whatever view you happen upon."  I always found the latter didn't make any sense since if I just happened upon this shit show rather than went out of my way to record/watch it I would change the channel, LOL. 

Anyway, I wonder when TPTB finally got her to change it?  Monday was the first day I noticed it and that was only because she seemed to be spitting the words out involuntarily.   Of course she also added in two dozen extra, "Welcome to The View" in the opening. 

• Love 8

So, Candace believes all the garbage she's been spewing,  about Mrs. Clinton,"Hillary's a crook & a liar." Plus everything we're hearing from Trump & his demented supporters about taking her out, jailing her, assassinating her & executing the entire Clinton family, flattering?  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, spiritof76 said:

That's the most she's talked all month. Somebody must have told her to open her mouth. Of course what she said was ludicrous, but I guess we can't have everything. 

I actually agreed with Whoopi on something! Wow! I agree that it is important for mom's to know it's okay if it turns out they can't breastfeed. There is so much judgement around that issue. Joy was being a little pushy about it.

Joy was being pushy because Whoopi was--as always--trying to give the only opinion and not allow anyone else to say anything. I don't think she was challenging Whoopi's point, just trying to go in a different direction.

3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I haven't seen today's show (Wednesday) yet but did you guys notice Whoopi has started closing the show with the original line, "Take  a little time to enjoy The View."  rather than her nonsensical , "Take a little time to enjoy whatever view you happen upon."  I always found the latter didn't make any sense since if I just happened upon this shit show rather than went out of my way to record/watch it I would change the channel, LOL. 

No, she's been off and on for a while now. Usually on days when she's extra pissed off, she says "whatever View you happen upon." I still say it's intended as a middle finger to TPTB or Joy (who usually makes a face when she says it).

• Love 8
7 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

AND start wars, support the death penalty and nuclear weapons!

Forgive me for repeating myself.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I enjoyed Jedi actually bringing some counter points that Whoopi (tried) but couldn't dismiss that easily. 

What was she even arguing for during the health care debate? 

Whoopi and Candace are horrible surrogates to their political causes. Just so ignorant on the actual argument. You can tell Candace has to really research, as all her talking points on non religious issues come from her index cards.

Joy, Jedediah and Sunny are sadly the only ones on this panel that can have actual arguments with prior knowledge and sound intelligent. 

I get especially frustrated with whoopi who just argues with her emotions and makes liberals look like idiots. Her answer to Obamacare can't be "it's helped people" etc. it has to be something more detailed and constructive about why it's not working, and what can be done different. It's the same thing as when they can bring up Obamas economy and Whoopi goes on a rant about how bad off we were in 2008. That's true but you have to argue what exactly obama is doing right and wrong and why we are in this place.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

What was CCB wearing on Tuesday? Black leather tights, sleeveless top and thigh high beige boots?

Someone please explain!

Oh emm gee, I almost forgot about that getup, which I didn't really notice until the end.  That blouse was bad enough but when she stood, Yikes!  Yes, over-the-knee gray or taupe suede boots, some sort of tights.  Strange.  I think Jediblahblah could have pulled those boots off (not with tights though) but probably not a 40 year mother.  I thought the whole thing looked ridiculous enough to compete with Whoopi 

If you missed it, play this short video of Marcia Brady dancing and enlarge the video to full screen at the end.  Pause to get the full effect of those boots over the shiny leather tights.

Off topic:  I don't watch DWTS but I am offended they are using Bon Jovi songs on the show.  I had no idea - when did Bon Jovi get so uncool?  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

I think I just rolled my eyes, face palmed and desk palmed myself during Tuesday's show. Especially all that talk about tv ratings. Did anything of interest happen? Other than Joy saying she cried when Bambi's Mama and Dumbo's Mama died?

I really don't want to go back and rewatch. Can someone help me?

Oh. Yeah. Dana Perino. Who can STFU. The only relevant thing she had to say was that when Republicans say they want to repeal ObamaCare, they don't have an answer "how and replace it with what?"

Today: Oh Jeebus Cripes on a Fucking Cracker already! This is an area that's already been covered, and Chipmunk "claimed" to have "proof" that the Tangerine Tinted Piece of Shit has done "good things" but she never provided it.

And Chipmunk? Know why the media is suddenly calling him out on his shit for being vulgar, crude, a racist, a sexist? Because he IS all of those things and Hillary is NOT! Joy tried to tell her that, but then got interrupted.

AND OMGEE. Jediblahblah really is tone deaf. When she blathered on about policy, and how "we" don't know what a President knows when they're doing their job, and we have to trust they have information that the public doesn't. I was yelling at her, "that's right! Just like YOU aren't privy to information/intel that Clinton had when she was Secretary of State when Benghazi happened!!!" You two-faced, tone deaf, unself-ware harpy! Or was that yesterday?

It was the President's Club discussion. And I had to roll my eyes again, that they were talking about how previous presidents were there to help ease the new President in, and "counsel" him (since previous winners have men up until now, since we could have the first woman this year), on what to do. And I'm like really? They don't say, that IF that Orangutan wins, that he'll listen to any of them? When he doesn't listen to anyone on his staff or advisors????

And it's clear to me that Whoopi hates it whenever anyone on the panel asks about her only Oscar winning role...a role she got because Patrick fucking! Swazye fucking fought to have her cast as Oda Mae Brown. Did y'all see all those dirty looks she was giving Jediblahblah and Sara when they were quoting those hilarious scenes? Listen you self-absorbed nasty piece of work--you wouldn't be where you are if not for those roles. And when she said "Jedidiah, you in danger girl" it was so flat, without any of the...humor and feeling she said that line in Ghost to Demi Moore's Molly.

I know I said it before, but when Sara was talking about breastfeeding, and how she felt and what she was going through after she gave birth it sounded to me like she had postpartum depression. And this was also a subject that they've talked about already. I guess because Chipmunk wasn't there the other time, they had to go over it again? And again, NO ONE said that Sherilyn Crow already talked about shorter election cycles when she was on the show--but since Chipmunk was off doing a movie or something, and clearly didn't watch the show, she didn't know that. She read off the blue card as if it was something new or something. 

God this show makes my head hurt.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Did anyone notice that Whoopi said her mother was a baby nurse!  However, I remember whoopi saying many times that her mother was a teacher!

I did. And I wonder if she meant that her mother was also a wet nurse.

Oh and Whoopi? Janet Jackson was not the FIRST to come up with Nasty Woman. Her song was about Nasty boys. She wasn't the one to invent the word, nasty, either. And Sara is such a MORON, that she doesn't understand how women embracing that term so that it loses the power of the insult behind it. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

So, Candace believes all the garbage she's been spewing,  about Mrs. Clinton,"Hillary's a crook & a liar." Plus everything we're hearing from Trump & his demented supporters about taking her out, jailing her, assassinating her & executing the entire Clinton family, flattering?  

She and roughly 35-38% of the USA. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Did anyone notice that Whoopi said her mother was a baby nurse!  However, I remember whoopi saying many times that her mother was a teacher!

Also that they lived on welfare. Whoopi lies all the time and thinks she is always right. Bullshit artist is what she is.

• Love 7

Janet Jackson was not the FIRST to come up with Nasty Woman. Her song was about Nasty boys. She wasn't the one to invent the word, nasty, either. And Sara is such a MORON, that she doesn't understand how women embracing that term so that it loses the power of the insult behind it. 

Airhead Sara gets dimmer each show.  I think Joy is losing patience with her.

I hate it when airhead Sara throws her head back when she laughs at something. Can't the producers see this?

• Love 2

Honestly Raven looks very happy. And if this is true, I'm very happy for her. She seems very confident in her adios to the group and to the techies. That was a nice touch to acknowledge the crew.

• Love 3