Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/24/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

Whoopi seems to genuinely like CCB and treats her with kid gloves.....never truly laying into them like she does to someone like Jedi, Sunny or even Joy. She was the same with Lis. 

I don't know if Whoopi really likes CCB all that much. CCB is harmless  and no threat to Whoopi, so she can tolerate her with no challenges that she gets from the smarter ones (Joy, Sunny, Jediblahblah).

• Love 10

(bitchy comment coming up)

When Raven walked on, I wondered if she had dressed in Whoopi's dressing room, because that sure looked like a Whoopi "fashion."  Then I wondered why she didn't grab a few accessories - like a dingy scarf and ratty knit cap - to go with the outfit.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sara seemed more relaxed and animated than usual today

That is likely because they talked about fluff stuff ie Mariah Carey's ring and Khole  Kardashian.

Airhead Sara can not understand or keep up with rapid political or healthcare discussion. That is when she just sits there with a blank look on her face.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, backformore said:

When Raven walked on, I wondered if she had dressed in Whoopi's dressing room, because that sure looked like a Whoopi "fashion."  Then I wondered why she didn't grab a few accessories - like a dingy scarf and ratty knit cap - to go with the outfit.

Yes. and I'll add a bitchy comment. Raven comes across to me as cheap.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

That is likely because they talked about fluff stuff ie Mariah Carey's ring and Khole  Kardashian.

This kind of useless, stupid garbage is NOT why I watch this show.  I have Wendy Williams for that kind of thing on the rare occasions when I find myself in the mood to watch vapid trash.

I can sit through maybe one useless celeb gossip story every once in a while, but two in a row on the same show?  CLICK!  

I can't believe they think this is what their audience wants to hear discussed.  It's becoming more and more frequent, too.  It just infuriates me.  I could not care less about who Mariah Carey is marrying/breaking up with/shtupping.  And I care even less about anyone with the last name "Kardashian."  When did this kind of crap become a thing on this show? 

The View just needs to euthanized.  Put it out of its misery.  If they would run a test pattern every day during this hour, it would be a better use of the airwaves. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Vinyasa said:

Airhead Sara can not understand or keep up with rapid political or healthcare discussion. That is when she just sits there with a blank look on her face.

I think I like her better when she just sits there with a blank look on her face.  Manoman, when she and Raven and Paula and Jed (I think it was all of them, I was listening but not watching) were squealing about stupid stuff it was making my ears hurt.  Poor Joy.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

Yes. and I'll add a bitchy comment. Raven comes across to me as cheap.

Since Raven was a child star, I think that maybe she was educated to keep an eye on your money that you earn. Child stars have been so screwed out of their money in the past and maybe her parents were different or whoever educated her about finances went overboard. And she is still affected by that. Sort of depression era parents who kept those same thrifty habits even when they had plenty of everything.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can't believe they think this is what their audience wants to hear discussed.  It's becoming more and more frequent, too.  It just infuriates me.  I could not care less about who Mariah Carey is marrying/breaking up with/shtupping.  And I care even less about anyone with the last name "Kardashian."  When did this kind of crap become a thing on this show? 

Right.  "Who gets to keep the ring?"  was ridiculous.  And talking about Mariah's spending habits - who cares?   I wanted one of them to realize that when billionaires spend money - someone gets paid, and then they can spend money, and someone ELSE gets paid!   If you have that much money - you spread it around by buying stuff, employing people, etc.    Someone who has BILLIONS, can spend extravagantly, and just be using the interest on their money to do so. 

I was just glad that Whoopi wasn't the one "reporting"  on another breakup in her valley girl voice. 

• Love 9

this was linked in the political thread, but pertinent to this thread because Nathan Lane was just on - It's the play "The Producers"  as a political campaign.  Probably the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.

please watch the whole thing, it is so hilarious:

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Incidentally, Bugs Bunny's big red monster is named Gossamer (if you all didn't already know).  Just a bit of trivia.

I knew that, but "Red Haired Monster" is the "name" I think most are familiar with and comes straight to mind, instead of Gossamer! That's why I went there!

14 hours ago, backformore said:

Whoopi made a comment one day this week about a cross,   and then quickly apologized to CCB, and it struck me as very odd.    I am convinced that CCB complained that she was being mistreated for being "Christian"  (in quotes because her use of the word is not the same as mine)  and that the others were talked to about respecting her religious beliefs. 

Just remembered - the issue was health insurance, whoopi said blue cross, or red cross, or whatever kind of cross you have - then made an apology of sorts about "not that kind of cross, sorry" .  it was out of character for Whoop, and she seemed to be making sure she didn't offend CCB by use of the word "cross". 

That PEEVED me to no end! It's like Chipmunk is this super delicate flower who will crack and break if you use words that are also affiliated with the her Church.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, backformore said:

I thought the exact same thing at the same time backformore.  It was like, "Whoopi may be out today but Raven's representing the bag lady wardrobe."   But then I noticed she had shiny clean hair, perfect makeup (as usual) and her clothing was pressed and didn't appear to be grabbed from the hamper. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

I have no problem with how Raven dresses or even her presence since CCB is the one who triggers my sensibilities.  It seems so nice when I say it that way, doesn't it?  I will save it for now but since we are approaching the holiday season expect my rant on xmas being a pagan holiday (originally).  Christians decided to tag Jesus' birth onto it because they did not know when the fuck he was actually born 5000 years after the damn fact!*  

*disclaimer.  I am in pain and facing back surgery, please allow me to start on something she has yet to say.  But I know it is coming.  We have covered what she has said (I am done with that for now), why not take a leap into the future and put a stick in her spokes?   LOL!  Seriously be kind to me, I hurt.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 19

How come these idiotic ladies couldn't tell the difference between DaVinci gynecological surgery and pap smears.  I like Joy but, she can be totally ignorant when it comes to medical things. Remember her pissing off all the nurse last year over miss USA's nurse monologue?  Then Whoopee has to act like the surgery is something SciFi.  DaVinci robot surgeries have  been around for years. They allow shorter recovery times, less complications.  A surgeon controls the robot and a whole surgical team is there in case of emergencies.  It would be nice for once for accurate complete information be given on a subject instead of them all sounding stupid.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

How come these idiotic ladies couldn't tell the difference between DaVinci gynecological surgery and pap smears.  I like Joy but, she can be totally ignorant when it comes to medical things. Remember her pissing off all the nurse last year over miss USA's nurse monologue?  Then Whoopee has to act like the surgery is something SciFi.  DaVinci robot surgeries have  been around for years. They allow shorter recovery times, less complications.  A surgeon controls the robot and a whole surgical team is there in case of emergencies.  It would be nice for once for accurate complete information be given on a subject instead of them all sounding stupid.

Thanks for the reminder. Yes , they were getting all silly about having a robot be your doctor.  No, it's a tool used by a doctor, it doesn't replace the doctor.  And Raven talking about taking a but selfie?  What the hell?

• Love 7

I just watched today's show &, IMHO, it was mostly just drivel.  I can't believe that Sara admitted to "chasing her husband through every phase of their relationship"!!  Who says that??  She must have zero self esteem.  Personally, I wouldn't want someone that didn't "chase ME"!!

Also, she was on Facebook telling "the world" that she would be at the New York Humane Society for some function.  Again, I can't believe a woman her age, in her position, is so damn stupid!!!  Just saying'.

• Love 9

Today was so much nonsense and drivel, not to mention a repeat of topics that were already covered! Like the couple therapy while dating-UGH. Why? Because Raven and Paula weren't on the panel last week when they were talking about it? 

And then Raven with her word salad about how we humans are "conscious" and on the same level as animals and a construct. Raven? Just admit you don't believe in monogamy, okay? And that there are people who believe and want marriage and spend their lives with one person. Those that do aren't sheep who just conform to society. Plus there are those that do spend lives with one person without marriage.  She CANNOT leave soon enough for me.??????

Loved Joy giving shade to Jediblabla about not knowing anything about being married when talking about when people cheated with married men. Then Jediblabla says but she practically had that except for the piece of paper!??? Yeah because she has this need to tell everyone she knows everything about everything.  Like someone else we know.

Dakota Fanning has grown up to be such a smart woman. And her being an actress since she was three! And Raven can STFU, telling Dakota "as well you should" about studying the role of women in film. No, no she doesn't have to, or should if she doesn't want to. Just because she's an actress and things still aren't equal, she isn't obligated to study such a subject.  Dakota is almost a decade younger, but so much more intelligent and smarter than the has been child actress who is too STOOPID to research or think critically, aaaand thinks she alone knows how the "industry" works.

Dakota's performance as the voice of child Diana/Wonder Woman, crushing on child Batman in Justice League Unlimited's "Kids Stuff" will always be my favorite!???

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

It would be nice for once for accurate complete information be given on a subject instead of them all sounding stupid.

You are definitely watching the wrong show.  LOL

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I just watched today's show &, IMHO, it was mostly just drivel.  I can't believe that Sara admitted to "chasing her husband through every phase of their relationship"!!  Who says that??  She must have zero self esteem.  Personally, I wouldn't want someone that didn't "chase ME"!!

Also, she was on Facebook telling "the world" that she would be at the New York Humane Society for some function.  Again, I can't believe a woman her age, in her position, is so damn stupid!!!  Just saying'.

A previous poster said airhead Sara is a bottomless pit of need that will never be met (or something like that) which is the perfect description of her.  I think Joy is going to lose her patience with her because she is "that" stupid. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I took today's abysmal hot topics as one last hurrah for Raven, since she's no use in the heavier topics. Well, no use at all on a talk show, imo, but she seemed happier talking about inconsequential nonsense.

I completely agree.  I hope she gets her Disney show reboot and gets back to her lane.  

Raven's situation is the opposite of Nicolle Wallace - pop culture and the Kardashians was just not something Nicolle was good at talking about - but  I think she does a great job on MSNBC panels talking politics.  

• Love 9