Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Lemons Into Lemonade

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I literally couldn't breathe from the Farrah scenes because of the glasses, I just can't stop. My favorite moment was Farrah showing people how to use a phone, I think they know how o tweet and gram, Farrah. Did Sophia fall asleep at dinner?

Everything else was the same stories different episode with Catelyn and tyler. And it is sad that Catelyn has been walking on eggshells her whole life and death still is with er husband. 

Could Matt look any more disinterested in shopping with Leah? Also why did amber and Matt feel the need to comment on how much the dress was? Obviously it's o make some sort of point. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

My theory - Off camera at this time, Matt's son is living with them.  I speculate that Amber and Matt disagree on how much they should give his son for spending cash (or bullshit work he's doing for them at flip house).  While $900 is a ridiculous amount for the little amount of inappropriate clothing, even they only spent $90, Matt would still provide an inflated passive-aggressive response because he needs to illuminate to Amber how MUCH she's spending on her daughter -- to later show how LITTLE they're spending on his son. Dirtbag Jr. has to suffer with generic cigarettes I bet.  Oh the huge manatee.

BTW - Matt is a pathological liar and "900" is what we call his "tell". It's a quick, go-to, thoughtless figure when he needs to quantify something. 900 pounds. 900 dollars. Etc.. Keep an eye on his use of 900 or associated numbers. 

1-900 numbers...

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Did anyone understand the issue Kristina was talking to Gary about re: Leah?  Was it that she might feel sad because her half-sister Emily has a full-time mom, whereas she shuffles back and forth and hardly sees her mom?

As for Farrah, what is wrong with these people?  They all hate and openly criticize each other, including Simon, but they constantly hang out together.  I know, I know...the cameras and the paycheck, but you would think they'd reach their limit.  Farrah is certifiable, and it's hard to watch.

• Love 12

This is how much I suck.... I'm having surgery tomorrow and I'm wondering if the general anesthesia will be out of my system enough for me to be alert to watch this friggin' show and then come comment with you all.  Priorities.

I'm glad your surgery went well and hope you have a speedy recovery!  

Sadly, this dingbats always make me feel better about my parenting so I never miss it either.

• Love 3

How much is Simon getting paid for the amount of abuse he gets from Farrah and her batshit family?

I know depression is serious, but I just want Cate to get it together even if she sets small goals for herself each day..."today I'm going to walk to the mailbox and get the mail...tomorrow, at 10, I'll take Nova for a walk to the end of the block."  Not big goals, just something she can easily achieve on a daily basis until she can work up to a small part-time job or even volunteering or school.  Something away from Tyler and her family.  She needs to ditch Kathleen.  What is her purpose?  I hope the new doctor is better and can give her a tangible plan and real therapy while also holding her accountable in a healthy way that negates Tyler's bullshit or even teaches her to do it for herself without being so negative.  Not just adjust her meds and send her on her way with some sound bites that she and Tyler will bastardize later.

One word, Amber, Target.  Of course the child isn't going to wear that foolishness to school.  I hate to say it because she seems like such a good kid, but they are setting Leah up to become a master manipulator given the the things she says to each parent.  Right now she's trying to please them and tell them what they want to hear (except Gary getting up early-this was a gem), but I see that changing over time.  Why on earth would she give Matt access to her credit cards?  She deserves to go broke.

Ryan shouldn't have an animal for any extended period of time let alone Bentley.

• Love 17

Is there anyone in the mental health field who can comment upon the psychiatrist's decision to reschedule Catelynn's appointment? It seems that a person suffering from depression might find it hard to be at an appointment on time, and I'd worry that they wouldn't have the energy to reschedule and show up a second time if you cancel the first appointment.  I know this needs to be balanced with the doctor's ability to spend enough time to properly evaluate her, but I'd worry you might drive away a patient who won't be organized enough to come back for help a second time.

• Love 9

I haven't watched yet but just read the recap here.  Catelyn was having a panic attack and got in the car and drove?? Is she one of those people who says she's having a panic attack when it's not actually a panic attack?  I say this as a person who has had panic attacks.  

• Love 6

Ryan was wearing the same tie-dye tank top doing the tree as he was last episode, when Jen and Bentley came over with the bag of records for "Father's Day" This was all filmed in one day, and spliced into two episodes.

Maci's instagram shows Bentley won his big trophy on, or before June 10th, 2016. Father's Day was actually June 19th.  My guess is the water park scene we saw this week was actually Father's Day. The scene with Ryan, Jen and the records,  Bentley laying on the floor for "Father's Day" was likely manufactured drama.

-Tyler was wearing the same white tank-top with Feather Necklace outfit. He wore this last episode at his counselling session with Copyroom Lady.

Edited to Add: 
Someone on the Facebook TM group said Amber didn't actually pay for Leah's clothes. The Boutique gave them for free in exchange for advertising. Apparently this person lives in the same town as the boutique. I realize people can write whatever they want, but this seems likely to be true. That being said, whoever said upthread that 900 is Matt's go to number, the fact that they didn't pay only exemplifies that. 

Can't fool me, MTV.

Edited by iheartla
clarity
  • Love 12

Debra was exclaiming that it had been Farrah's "dream" for TEN years to open FroHo? Or HoCo? (I just HAD to put a Ho in there) Does she consider this as opening her own actual restaurant? Eh-heh-heh-heh-heh.

I didn't see too many things to snip about this episode, but I was listening more than I was watching.

I will add that I have never seen two more miserable people than Cate and Tyler at the end. Will they both say "LOL it was the editing"? No, it wasn't. That was painful. And so obvious it wasn't due to a "bad day" or one incident, or a passing mood. It was their consistently miserable life together in one grim closing shot.

• Love 11

I'm sorry I still find the scene where amber and Matt felt they had to tell gary and Christina how much that sparkly dress was kind of gross. If only because it seemed like Amber was trying to make some sort of point to Gary like "I spent so much on outfits for her!" And they seemed to be all of the dress variety. Dresses are nice but Leah is a child in second grade, probably playing on a playground. Some dresses are fine for that but then again and speaking as a childless viewer if I had a daughter who was going to be playing outside I wouldn't want her doing it in a 900$ dress but that's just me. 

It was actually painful to watch Catelyn in her therapist office. Mostly because her therapist made sense about April. And April didn't protect Cate. A few weeks back cate was telling dr. Drew about her mother's past boyfriends altercations. The problem is April cant/won't? Face it. Even when they do catch up specials and watch old episode clips and so specials, April always leaves before those episodes air. I remember before OGs first season all the girls watched past episode clips to get ready and April left and said she would come back but she didnt. (Side note amber refused to watch certain parts of teen mom as well). 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 11

The closing scene of Catelynn all climbed up in Tyler's lap did her no favors. He looks trapped and she looks sloppy as hell in those worn linty tights. Two folks trapped by their C level celebrity. 

They remind me of the Gladys Knight tune "Neither one of us wants to be the first to say goodbye".

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, starfire said:

I didn't know either. I did a quick Google search because I was wondering if Butch was involved (he wasn't). Apparently Tyler discussed it in the book he and Catelynn "wrote" but I never read it. Here are the details:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/03/03/tyler-baltierra-sexually-abused-teen-mom-book-conquering-chaos/

I tend to believe this because I have also read that these kids really had very little supervision growing up. I'm sure Kim had to work a lot to support the family, but it's still sad that they grew up this way. No supervision leads to situations like this one and far worse. I also wonder if Kim provided any sex education to her kids.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Forcereals said:

I hope the new doctor is better and can give her a tangible plan and real therapy while also holding her accountable in a healthy way that negates Tyler's bullshit or even teaches her to do it for herself without being so negative.  Not just adjust her meds and send her on her way with some sound bites that she and Tyler will bastardize later.

If the appointment was with a psychiatrist, it's likely that she will just see him for med management, not therapy.

• Love 6

Okay, Ryan is definitely on drugs. What else could possibly explain the many different forms of tye dye he is wearing in one outfit??? 

No, seriously, would Maci really let Bentley go over there if he was all whacked out? I don't know. She did drink while pregnant. She sure seemed apprehensive about it, and mentioned "trust", but the kid ended up going anyhow. I do appreciate how supportive Taylor is of Bentley's relationship with his father, while at the same time trying really hard to make sure Bentley doesn't feel left out at home. My mother re-married when I was 3 and had 3 more kids with her second husband. I often felt like an outsider in my family. I don't now, but as a kid, it was hard. I'm glad Taylor is aware of that. 

I did love when the producer asked Ryan if it bothers him that he doesn't get more time with Bentley and he's all, "nah, not really". Ryan just wants to see Bentley when he's jonesing to go to the water park and needs a kid to come with him, so he doesn't look like a creeper. That's all. 

But how cute is Bentley with his little sister??? And her chubby, little knees? Gah! More scenes like that, please. 

Is Farrah going to wear those Froco glasses all the time now? Seriously. I want to know what it's like to have them on. Are they like sunglasses? Can she even see? She was driving with them! 

And I see Simon is back for his monthly flagellation. You know, I think I've figured it out. Simon LOVES the food in Texas. Every scene he's eating. He must think it's worth it, to put with getting yelled for even breathing wrong. 

He needs to take a lesson from Farrah's parents. They know how to deal with her. You walk on eggshells and compliment her a minimum of 10,000 times a day, and put up with whatever crazy task she wants you to - including walking around in a big, yellow ball all day. 

Matt and Amber shopping for back to school clothes was my favorite thing ever. Matt was all, "This is like totally first day of school stuff". How would you know? Ever send any of YOUR 50 kids off to school? Ever even pay for ONE sock? Didn't think so. 

And, of course, HE pays. Amber lets him carry her credit card so he can look like he's got some money. Then he bitches about spending $900 - ONLY because it wasn't $900 spent on him. 

But then we get to Gary's house, and the looks on his face....and Kristina's. PRICELESS. They were like, "Da fuq you buy $900 worth of cotillion dresses for a second grader??? Where's my child support, bitch???" And I FLOVED that the actual outfit Leah picked out was from the clearance that SMART woman, Kristina bought her. Kids grow so fast. They get stains. They rip things. The clearance section is where it's at! 

Also loved the personalized backpack and lunchbox Kristina got Leah. She seems like a very thoughtful woman. It was telling that when Gary asked Leah if she liked going to mommy's so much during the summer there was a BIG pause. 

I don't even know what to say about Cate. She looks worse than ever. I feel like we are seeing her deteriorate before our eyes, and I almost feel uncomfortable watching it. And, for the first time, I almost feel bad for Tyler. He is prick 90% of the time, but last night he just looked defeated. How do you keep loving someone who won't love themselves?

What was with that panic at her mom's, though? She feels like she's having a panic attack - so yea, get out of the pool. But then you leave? I thought your panic attacks were paralytic. How did you get to the car, and light that cigarette I saw in your mouth as your friend pulled out? I just don't get it. I'm not saying she doesn't really have them. But it was weird. I would have just gone and sat in a dark room at April's until it passed. I'd think the last thing a person having a panic attack would want to do is confine themselves in a moving vehicle. But she just peaced out, and left her daughter behind! 

Then missing the appointment. I'm sorry, but no excuses. Don't press snooze. Tyler was right. She has no job. Nova is with April half the time. She should have no problem getting to bed on time and getting up and going. I don't know. I know she's depressed. I really believe she is. In fact, she sounded downright suicidal at the the end of this episode, and that scared me. But she has GOT to make some kind of move. Nothing is going to get better on it's own. 

I just feel so conflicted with her. I go from feeling extremely sympathetic to being irritated as fuck. I imagine that's what it's like for her loved ones....times ten. 

I did laugh when Cate was holding Nova and trying to get her to say, "Carly" and Nova was all, "NO." Don't compare me to that kid!

• Love 19
5 hours ago, poopchute said:

I haven't watched yet but just read the recap here.  Catelyn was having a panic attack and got in the car and drove?? Is she one of those people who says she's having a panic attack when it's not actually a panic attack?  I say this as a person who has had panic attacks.  

I haven't watched yet, either, but I can quickly say that I suffer bad panic attacks (finally taking something natural to alleviate them) and can tell you IT'S DIFFICULT TO DRIVE WHILE HAVING A PANIC ATTACK!!

The first panic attack I had was when I was driving to take my mid term and HAD to pull over. 

Another time I was driving my mom to go to the hobby lobby (We love going there together) and I had an attack and had to pull over and have my mother drive she was like wtf just happened?

Your body gets filled with too much adrenaline and you feel suffocated and start removing seat belts (I took my bra off - the sly way without exposing boobage ?) to feel less suffocated.

No. You can't drive while in panic attack mode.

Edited by Calm81
Auto incorrector strikes again
  • Love 2

The scene where Amber has to mention the number on the crazy spend for Leah's first day of school dress...yuck. My parents always taught me that discussing money with anyone other than your spouse is a tricky situation, and you never, ever throw in someone's face how much money you spend. That was so clearly a "Well look what I can spend, I live in this big house in a nice neighborhood, you're still in this modest house, Leah's got to love me more," it made my skin crawl. Matt being in there too, makes it look like he thinks he's 'marking his territory' in some way. It was a really unsettling scene, and I felt so terrible for Kristina (secret MVP?). I also liked that Leah corroborated whatever it was Kristina was trying to articulate by saying she DOES talk to Kristina about stuff like that. Plus it sort of redeems things for me when you see Leah pick out her outfit ( a standard and perfectly acceptable and appropriate outfit for a kid that age!) and it's nothing like what her mom bought her. Amber couldn't even fly into a Gary hate rage, because she knows Leah picks out her own clothes. And I hope to god she thought "Why the fuck did I spend nine hundred bucks if she was going to pick out a twelve dollar outfit to wear?" You go Leah. Also, Gary wins, he got rid of that disgusting furniture! Got new carpet and obviously a new TV, too.

Farrah...what the balls is going on in those sunglasses? Did she have some sort of botched surgery on her eyes that she insists on keeping those things on? And I can't take these dresses she goes out to dinner in, or Debra's bizarre behavior. "I'm a great mom!" as her kid falls asleep on two restaurant chairs and she wavesher tits around. Plus I think she wore THREE separate outfits that had capes. They looked like pieces from Maleficent's closet. The Simon stuff, I need someone to do an exposee on. There's no explanation that makes sense, not even "money," because at some point shouldn't MTV just tell her "If you pay for him to come out here, fine, but we're not even buying him food." I loved her passive aggressive talk about marriage and how Simon wouldn't be good at it because he's not obeying her every command. He's like "yeah, you're probably right, so....(checks phone for Tinder responses)". He came to Austin to get a haircut, it seems. 

Maci has become synonymous with fast forward, there's nothing to see there. Unless you count Ryan's weird RIchard Simmons-esque outfit. They looked like an outfit my daughter would have picked out for herself when she was four. Or if someone had taken an enlarger ray to a five year old's pajamas. That get up should be evidence cited at his intervention, because as reticent as I am to assume all these people are using hard drugs (I don't think there's enough evidence and I don't think it's fair to them), there's almost no other explanation for that outfit EXCEPT drug induced stupor. I mean he knew cameras were coming over, right? Tie dye rainbow tank shirt, horizontally striped rainbow shorts? I'm not making ANY of the Chattanooga Pride jokes, I just want everyone to know. But let it shine, Ryan. Good for you.

And Cate: bad news MTV. You have a human responsibility to release that kid from her contract, because she is completely unable to handle being on TV at this point. It only hurts her, it only reinforces what she thinks, and her mental illness. And I hate to sort of sympathize with dickwad Tyler again, but I think as her husband he has a right to be mad that she sabotaged that appointment, that her situation is weighing on him, too. He has an inelegant way of expressing it, sure, but at some point he has to consider his own life, too. You only go around the one time, and at their age, if you think you're wasting your time, you have to figure out some actions to take. These two need to divorce and let each other get on with life. 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Can someone please tell me how Farrah wound up in Austin and stayed?  I wasn't watching the show at that time. 

Michael moved there for employment. Farrah soon followed (after leaving Florida) because he's the most stable adult to leave Mowgli with when she's out "working."

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Ffiferoo said:

Farrah saying there should be five of her sounds like a potential theme for next season of American Horror Story. 

YES. I literally got chills at the idea of five Farrahs. 

10 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Omg. Is this even a therapist?  She's expressing sucidial ideation and the therapist isn't screening appropriately. 

Mmmmhmmm. That moment should have been handled much more seriously. Not, "You're a great person, the world would have a rip in it without you" - or whatever dumbass, meaningless tripe she said. I swear this woman is just an MTV janitor or something. 

10 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Tyler was so disgusted when Cate was cuddled up against him.

His face was like - "GET. OFF."

• Love 11
9 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Did Sophia fall asleep at dinner?

She did indeed. I had to wonder what time they were eating. Because not only did Sophia fall asleep, but it looked like people were cleaning up in the background. I can see Farrah showing up 20 minutes before close and expecting to be served. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

His face was like - "GET. OFF."

I don't really blame him: in his mind, at least in part of it, the part that isn't conceiving terrible new tattoos (that Batman shadow looks like a clumsy cover job), she's cuddling up to him for sympathy when he's clearly furious that she missed what they both agreed was a crucial appointment. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I don't really blame him: in his mind, at least in part of it, the part that isn't conceiving terrible new tattoos (that Batman shadow looks like a clumsy cover job), she's cuddling up to him for sympathy when he's clearly furious that she missed what they both agreed was a crucial appointment. 

I watched some of the first episodes a few days ago (MTV is airing seasons 1-3 I think) and the difference between how affectionate they were in those earlier seasons compared to today is sad. Tyler was so dorky and loveable with Cate and now he looks annoyed to hug her. 

I know married couples don't stay in honeymoon mode forever, my hubby and I don't always walk hand and hand or give eachother Googly eyes across the dinner table while our three kids throw peas at eachother, but if my hubby had that look on his face when I went to snuggle I'd be embarrassed and sad.

These two used to be so adorable together it made me sick lol, now they look resentful towards each other.

Edited by Calm81
Again, iPhone auto incorrector strikes again.
  • Love 14

Tyler has totally checked out of this relationship.  At this point, even if Cate got her shit together, I still think he's done.   I even detected a bit of annoyance from April when Cate said she was leaving and handed her the baby.  Cate's situation has to be draining for all around her.   Probably not a wise idea for Cate to be checking her phone every 30 seconds while driving either.

Amber and Matt's ridiculous school shopping spree confirms what we already know,  these girls will be broke once the Teen Mom gravy train ends.  It also shows that neither of them know anything about actual hands on parenting of a child, because no sensible parent would have bought such overpriced, impractical dresses for back to school.  The horrified look on Christina's face said it all.

• Love 15

Love Christina getting everything on discount.  You go girl! 

I mean it would get exhausting when you have every resource/time available and not do anything to help yourself. Especially when you constantly complain about how negative you effect everyone. Plus, I imagine the psych probably won't bullshit her like everyone else is.

• Love 7

I like that Taylor acknowledged that Maci and Bentley are a packaged deal. You can tell by the way Bentley interacts with Taylor that everything Taylor said about him is genuine. Also, good for Taylor for having an outside job.

This whole Ryan and possible drug addiction is frustrating because I can't see Maci letting Bentley be alone with Ryan, storyline be damned!

If it wasn't for  the fact that Cate has been on TV for the last 7 years, I would have a hard time believing she is 25 and not in her early 40's.

I mentally high-fived Christina when she said she got everything on clearance. My 8 year destroys clothes not to mention the crazy growth spurts she's been going through so clearance and hand-me-downs are a must in my household!

• Love 14

Trigger Warning I'm about to make a horribly judgmental statement. I don't think Cate suffers from depression.  She's surrounded all day by a guy she desperately wants to be with but who clearly no longer has any affection for her and it re-enforces all the self-doubt she has about herself and feelings of guilt over choosing to give away her child to keep Tyler. IMHO this explains all of her behavior. I do not believe she has a chemical imbalance in her brain causing clinical depression. No amount of self-medication via food or marijuana or pharmaceuticals meant to treat depression is going to make her feel any better or behave any differently. I think this relationship has been in it's death throws for years and she's clinging to this diagnosis and the rehab or retreat or whatever you call it as a manipulation tool because she's scared to death that Tyler will leave her. However, she's horribly resentful of him at the same time.  She doesn't have the confidence to confront him head on about his treatment of her because she's so petrified of being alone - so she settles for really passive aggressive things like buying the pig and missing her appointments, and takes glee in rubbing other things in his face - like the truck damage.  Her sleeping or being on phone all the time has far more to do with keeping late night hours and general millennial smart-phone addiction. It also provides her an escape from reality so she doesn't have to dwell on how miserable her relationship is.  I don't think anything will help Cate except Tyler being hit by a bus. She will never gain a sense of self worth or self confidence while still in this relationship and he will not leave her until the Teen Mom money has run out.

• Love 17

Who has a Grand Opening of a yogurt store, aiming for families and kids, with an owner greeting customers and her boobs falling out of her top? Farrah thought she looked impressive. That is not tasteful or professional.  Also, she wants to expand her stores nationwide? LOL.  Goodluck, according to the negative comments on Yelp, this idiotic, 10-year 'dream' looks as if it's going down the toilet.  As if this is a new concept.  In my city, too many stores opened and many closed.

Cate, get rid of your 'therapist', this woman knows shit.

Edited by hawk09
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, CofCinci said:

... by spending $900 on 4 impractical outfits. 

*I* don't even spend $900 on 4 impractical outfits, and I have a full-time office job.  I cringed at the outfits Leah tried on.  I cringed furthermore at the price.  I lost my shit when Matt was the one who bitched about the cost.

• Love 7

I was thinking to myself, "There's no way Farrah can run a business when she treats people the way she does." Sure enough, the preview shows an employee bouncing after saying something like, "I've never been treated like this." She's going to sabotage herself because she somehow thinks it's normal to verbally abuse everyone she comes in contact with. 

• Love 15

Amber & Matt - Those were pretty dresses they got her, but I see that black and gold one perfect for a birthday party or picture day. Not first day of school as that could cause tension between her and the other kids that are wearing Osh Kosh or too uncomfortable for recess. I liked how Gary asked Christina "You got those cheaper than $12 right?" and she's all "Clearance baby!" :-)

I don't understand how Amber can be upset that Leah didn't choose the outfits she bought because it's like she's just competing with Gary on who does better at shopping when it's really up to Leah on what she WANTS to wear that day. Her day. Amber should be more focused on taking pictures of her first day and being all "I can't believe booboo is in the second grade she looked so grown up and cute," instead of "She didn't wear what I bought her ... I'm so F'n pissed."

Matt's "We just spent $900 in there...I nearly passed a stone," it's Ambers money, not yours and I'm sorry it went to Leah instead of your grifting butt or grifter Jr.

I also noticed that they hardly sit on their couches, as if they are trying to avoid the couch jokes. Every scene they are shown more active, or sitting on the patio in the backyard or batting cages, haha! Almost as if they AVOID talking to the cameras on the couch because of all the jokes we've made about the infamous brown couch.

Maci - Fast forward through it aside from seeing baby Jayde's adorable chunky thighs. <3

Ryan - That tree scene was creepy. He's got gray hair at a young age and looks like he dressed in the dark with his butt crack hanging out...kind of seemed like the creepy man in the woods that talks to himself.

Catelynn & Mr. Stfu - I can see how Tyler would be frustrated. Nearly every scene shows Tyler being a little bit more productive than usual (still unproductive compared to regular people - just productive for Tyler's standards) and then the camera switches to Cate chugging Bud Light, smoking pot, or sleeping. I don't like copy room counselor and wanted Cate to see a real Doctor.

I can tell she's not faking this crap just to have an excuse to sleep all day, but damn this appointment was scheduled months in advance I would have stayed up all night just to avoid being late if I was prone to the snooze button.

Farrah - Why dress in an outfit with your boobage hanging out when you know mostly young kids would be there for the shop opening? I'm no prude but what happened to modesty? Time and a place. Time and a place - Just saying.

Simon - That poor bastard can't eat a meal in peace.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 13

Kathleen is a social worker. (I think). Cate needs help. If she doesn't want to herself, she won't get far. 

Farrah: Same shit, different day. Also, I don't believe that Farrah wanted to open a yogurt shop for 10 years. 

Amber: MTV must be paying you well if you're able to spend 900.00 on school clothes.  

Maci: Your kids are adorable, and Taylor is an amazing father to Jayde and Maverick, and father figure to Bentley. Although,  he needs to form his own opinion about Ryan. Hopefully he'll see that he's a douche. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, tardistravler said:

Tyler already seems like he checked out. I wonder if she would be the type to threaten suicide if he ever did try and leave? I am being a horrible person right now. 

I've always suspected that is how she got him to return from New Orleans (paired with the fact the MTV money increased). 

• Love 3

Cate & Tyler go to therapy for everything, really though has it worked?

I think they both need to start looking from within instead of always asking "grown ups" what to do and how to act. I feel like they emotionally stunt themselves by constantly asking therapists what to do instead of just making their own adult decisions. That previous episode with Tyler wanting to ask a therapist if he can ask Cate about her treatment was absurd. That's your wife, you can ask her what ever you want!

Cate seems miserable because she has what she wanted, the big wedding, married to tyler and Nova, but she's realized none of that stuff makes her happy... she keeps looking for outside influence to make her happy instead of doing things for HERSELF. It's not Tyler's job to maker her happy, and he has every right to be pissed off.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

If the appointment was with a psychiatrist, it's likely that she will just see him for med management, not therapy.

True, but there might be a bit of therapy as well. My son sees a psychiatrist for his meds, but he has also gone over things with my son when has brought up topics about what is going on in his life at school or when my son just wants to vent about something in particular. He has given him great advice and gives him so much of his time when other doctors were just dispensing meds.

Tyler already seems like he checked out. I wonder if she would be the type to threaten suicide if he ever did try and leave? I am being a horrible person right now. 

No you are not. I have mentioned my own suspicions about this as well. Look, being suicidal or threatening suicide is no joke. Period. Whether she is using it to guilt Tyler or really is feeling suicidal, the point is it might just be the reason Tyler sticks around. He doesn't want that on his shoulders if he finally decides to check out. Who would? Cate pulled out the tears at VH1 Couples Therapy when Tyler brought up his feelings about not wanting to get married.

Cate mentions in this episode how she fake cried to the psychiatrist's receptionist in order to get sympathy and hopefully, get to see the doctor. It wouldn't be outrageous to think this is how she handles Tyler.

Something tells me one reason Cate missed the appointment was due to the fact it wouldn't be on camera. That may be why Cate continues with Kinko Kathleen.

Seriously, at this point I am waiting for Cate to just blurt out to Tyler the reason for her feeling like shit - "I SLEPT WITH ARNIE!!!"  I guess I just can't with someone who goes to her Twitter to comment how she was invited to go to a concert by Sia, personally. She made damn sure to get there on time, no? But she hit the snooze for her psychiatrist appointment while crying suicide to her therapist. *palm face*

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13

Just goes to show you that Amber doesn't know her own child. And isn't this the second time that Amber has made the first day of school all about her and thrown a fit. First is was because Kristina was there and now it's about a damned outfit. Seriously get off your ass and spend time with your kid and take her shopping without fucking Matt and let her pick out the clothes.  Make some time for your kid and have fun clothes shopping. 

Cate I just can't. She looks so greasy and unclean and just gross. Get up and take a shower and go to your appt.

• Love 15
Just now, winnter said:

$900.00 for 3 children's dresses.  A new house.   Looks like Amber's MTV checks are rolling in.

i almost feel like the $900 on the dresses thing had to be an MTV driven storyline, because they kept mentioning it. I mean no one can be THAT stupid to spend $900 on fancy dresses for a 6 year old right? and I seriously doubt Matt was shelling out his money for that... but even Amber, I can't see her doing that... that's so beyond ridiculous that i'm going to even give Amber the benefit of the doubt. otherwise she is completely clueless and irresponsible. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, winnter said:

$900.00 for 3 children's dresses.  A new house.   Looks like Amber's MTV checks are rolling in.

It was $900 for dresses, shoes (who knows how many pairs), and accessories (hair bows and other items). Not that it makes much of a difference. lol  Yes, Amber is that stupid to spend that money. Why? Because she is using material things to show her love to Leah rather than you know, be a parent. Amber is trying to make up for not being a proper parent. Sad thing is, Leah may grow up to be spoiled and not be appreciative because she knows her mom will just buy her things.

FYI to those who have not watched this episode yet. Cate didn't drive when she left the pool Her friend drove.

I mentioned April and Cate should go swimming with Nova as a way to get Cate out of the house and for exercise. I was thinking at the rec department. No idea April had a pool.

We now got to see the Baltierra's fourth vehicle. Was that a Dodge Charger?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Cate mentions in this episode how she fake cried to the psychiatrist's receptionist in order to get sympathy and hopefully, get to see the doctor. It wouldn't be outrageous to think this is how she handles Tyler.

Did she say she fake cried? Wow. I thought she just said she cried, because she was frustrated that she missed the appointment and they made her re-schedule. If she was trying to be manipulative due to HER error, that is really messed up. 

• Love 6

Does Amber ever do anything with Leah and without Matt?  A poster up thread mentioned how nice it would have been for Amber and Leah to go shopping together.  Good point.  If I were Leah I would be sad I never got to spend time with my mom without her scuzzy boyfriend there too.  Amber barely sees her as it is, she should maximize her time with Leah but of course she doesn't.

• Love 17

Farrah- Debra is a completely unhinged nut bag, I wouldn't be able to spend 5 minutes with someone like that.  She just randomly spouts off blah, blah, blah, blah, and makes zero sense.  It seems that she believes if she just talks over someone because she doesn't want to hear what they're saying, then she's right.  She sucks.  Farrah is exactly the same.  Can't wait to see next week's episode where a normal girl around the same age as Farrah basically tells her she's fucked up.   Watching Farrah's scenes makes me so uncomfortable.

Maci- I was glad to see Ryan spend some time with Bentley.  Last week I was sure he was fucked up on drugs with those buggy eyes, but who knows?  It could be a mental health issue (or TBI from his accident) that he is magnifying with drug abuse.  My sister was always a "little odd" growing up but went to college, got married, had children, and had job, until she started masking her un-diagnosed schizophrenia with massive amounts of opiates.  The drug abuse triggered full blown schizophrenia.   My sister has since passed away, but Ryan's scenes seemed a bit familiar to me.  Just speculating here, however I hope for his sake and Bentley's sake that someone addresses what is going on with him.  Drug abuse and or/mental illness are not fun.  At all.

Catelynn-  That fire behind the chain link fence in the ghetto was awful.  That on camera burp after a few gulps of beer was gross.  I'm glad Tyler is doing more things to keep himself occupied and he absolutely needs to continue not feeding into Cate's attention seeking by listening to her constantly talk about her mental illness.  Enough already.  He was clearly OVER IT when he spoke to her on the phone while he was working at the new house. She was phishing for sympathy but he was not having it.  I suspect Cate is just spiraling into a state where she may be realizing that Tyler doesn't love her unconditionally.  And not that it's okay, but damn girl, I bet that if she mentally said, "Fuck off" to Tyler, got her ass up and showered, put little attention starved Nova into a part time day care program and enrolled herself in a few classes at the local community college then Tyler's interest might perk up a bit.  Not defending Mr. Potato Head hair Tyler for a second, but most people don't enjoy being with a Stage Five clinger.  Cate needs to see herself at a separate entity and not just Cate of Catelynn and Tyler, the amazing teen parents who put their baby up for adoption.  It was a good thing.  It's still a good thing.  Do more good things Catelynn.

Amber- Matt continues to make my skin crawl and hearing him call Leah by the name Boo makes me want to punch him in the face.  Why is he even there? Amber's boyfriend needs to be with her and Leah while they go to a boutique and buy dresses?  The fuck?  Seems odd to me.  And Gary has been better this season, but saw a bit of his passive aggressive bullshit peeping out when he and Kristina were discussing Amber and her visitation with Leah during the upcoming school year.   Not good.

Edited by Emmierose
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

How dare Amber flounce into Gary's house with $900 in "boutique" shit for Leah. Is Leah supposed to wear a hundred dollar dress at recess? Is she playing dodge ball in that?  If she's smart, Kristine will take all of that shit back back to the store and flip it for overalls and Keds at Children's Place.

But Amber won't pay back child support?? And I love the way Matt flipped that card to the cashier . No doubt it's linked to Ambers bank account.

I suspect that shopping scene was as much of a Fuck You to their online "haters" as it was to Gary.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 10