Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Lemons Into Lemonade

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

"I SLEPT WITH ARNIE!!!" 

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD!!! What a great reference! One of my favorite Jackie scenes!!

"I was thinking, that I just lost a great guy like Gary, and now he's gone for good, and I'll never find another great guy! I'm 36 years old, I've got flabby arms, and pelican neck! And all my house plants are dead, and no one loves me; but what difference does that make anyway, because everything in my life SUCKS!!!!!"

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Emmierose said:

Catelynn-  That fire behind the chain link fence in the ghetto was awful.  That on camera burp after a few gulps of beer was gross.  I

OOfah, I forgot about that scene. It was basically a bum fire, like an open metal canister, some old plywood. Like a broken up palette. I get it, not everyone's as well off as Cate or Amber, but seriously, these "others" go through enough indignity for their $250 appearance fee, probably paid in Bennigan's Gift Cards. Couldn't you have filmed that meeting of the minds on a stoop or someplace else? That sucked. 

• Love 5

When Matt exclaims about the clothes costing $900, Amber said, "Really??" like she was taken by surprise. Did she not even look at the price tags the whole time Leah was trying things on, or can she not do simple math to add up the cost of what she is buying?

• Love 6

Ok I got around to watching the panic attack scene and that didn't look like any panic attack I've ever experienced or witnessed.  Can a professional chime in on a "panic attack" that consists of someone walking around calmly saying "I am having a panic attack" and leaving in a car looking totally normal?

• Love 8

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD!!! What a great reference! One of my favorite Jackie scenes!!

"I was thinking, that I just lost a great guy like Gary, and now he's gone for good, and I'll never find another great guy! I'm 36 years old, I've got flabby arms, and pelican neck! And all my house plants are dead, and no one loves me; but what difference does that make anyway, because everything in my life SUCKS!!!!!"

It would be just awesome if Cate would just yell out something like that so I could have a good laugh. lol

26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Leah is on the boutique  facebook page, some comping going on?

https://m.facebook.com/PIPER-BOUTIQUES-149534586588/?ref=hl

I called it!!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

Oh, and the Froco website has info about buying a franchise.  Why would anyone invest a large sum of money with dumb deranged Farrah??  In my town, you can't throw a dead cat without hitting one of those self serve froyo places.  Come on!  No one in their right mind would get mixed up with Farrah!  There are too many franchise options that aren't owned by nut jobs.  Sure, you might accidentally get mixed up with someone unreasonable, but with Farrah there is proof!

Edited by AirQuotes
  • Love 12

Poor Leah.  At least she has Kristina.  I bet Amber doesnt even go to the bathroom without Matt.  You'd think Matt would stay home and let Leah/Amber go shopping for back to school clothes.  Nope he's there for that too.  $900 on children's clothes.  Does Amber not know what 2nd graders do at recess.  Nope she doesnt since she doesnt really talk to Leah one on one.

Nova saying no when Catelynn tried to get her to say Carly was funny as hell.  Farrah and her fro-yo place.  Give me a break.  THose places are everywhere now a days.  Tyler's face at the end of the episode.  He is so through with Catelynn and her constant victim whining.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

I had the biggest lol when Farrah said she is taking her froyo shop international to places like California and New York.  She is so dumb, and she has no business talking down to anyone.

She said that?? LMAO. I guess I really was not paying attention last night.

"Costa Rica is in Mexico." - Alexis Bellino

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

I had the biggest lol when Farrah said she is taking her froyo shop international to places like California and New York.  She is so dumb, and she has no business talking down to anyone.

Yes, I really want to know who these people are in NY and CA that are interested in yet another frozen yogurt place -- as if there aren't already a million of them.

• Love 4

I truly believe Cate has serious issues and needs help but WOW.....she needs to start helping herself.  Over the years she has learned that her panic attacks and tears would bring lots of attention and affection from Tyler.  Only now it's not working anymore.....tyler is getting immune to it.  Im wondering if she feels she gets better that she will lose all the affection she so desperate needs?

• Love 6

Farrah followed her dad to Austin? I thought she said she moved to get away from her parents and because she liked it so much on her vacation there. If she was following her dad there after a fight with mom that explains so much more to me about why they all still interact with each other, and why she still hangs out with Simon. 

Maybe Simon is eating all the time to hide his smiles and laughter at what an unhinged lunatic Farrah is? I saw him try to hide a grin behind his food at one point when Farrah was actively berating him. I could only eat and smirk while getting a verbal tongue lashing from someone I absolutely didn't give a shit about, so I can't believe he cares about Farrah at all at this point beyond a paycheck or fame.

Edited by pakalolo
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Why is Farrah still wearing these dumb ass sunglasses as she cleans? 

...let alone drive?

and wtf was up w/Michael's GF telling Farrah she was her favorite person?  Were the people at that table the only ones she's ever met in her entire life?

• Love 19
57 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Ok I got around to watching the panic attack scene and that didn't look like any panic attack I've ever experienced or witnessed.  Can a professional chime in on a "panic attack" that consists of someone walking around calmly saying "I am having a panic attack" and leaving in a car looking totally normal?

Panic attacks come in all shapes and sizes, differing from client to client. 

Catelynn may have experienced a panic attack, who knows; however, instead of practicing the skills she was taught in the expensive restidential facility, she rode shotgun with her friend to go get high by the rocks. 

• Love 11

Here's a clip of Farrah firing an employee while wearing those stupid glasses.  Or, to put it in Farrah-speak, she's severancing the relationship because it feels like there's not an open-mindedness:

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/oarafc/teen-mom-sneak-peek-farrah-fires-kiana

If someone fired me while wearing those goofy glasses, I'd rip them off her face and stomp them into the ground.  But that's just me.

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, teapot said:

and wtf was up w/Michael's GF telling Farrah she was her favorite person?  Were the people at that table the only ones she's ever met in her entire life?

She learned from observing Michael that the only way to have a polite conversation with Farrah is to suck up to her at all times.

• Love 18

Maci & Taylor only ever wear "ttm" t-shirts on camera.  Like they're expecting us all to be like "HEY WAIT WHERE CAN I GET ME A GREEN SHIRT W/A BLACK POCKET?"

but I gotta say, the Beards 'n'Beers meeting was pretty cute.  

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, teapot said:

Of course Farrah is her favorite person. I'd love Farrah too if I had to deal with her minimally in exchange for nice trips and free restaurant dinning -- plus sweet a MTV check too. 

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, AhFillAck said:

She said that?? LMAO. I guess I really was not paying attention last night.

"Costa Rica is in Mexico." - Alexis Bellino

About 37 min into the episode Farrah is being interviewed by a guy in a yellow shirt.   This is Farrah's exact quote. "The plans for the next 5 years that I'm here is to take frozen yogurt to a whole new level.  I mean, I would hope to probably open more internationally and do this, um, because I've had people interested in California and New York. It will be great."

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I mentioned April and Cate should go swimming with Nova as a way to get Cate out of the house and for exercise. I was thinking at the rec department. No idea April had a pool.

We now got to see the Baltierra's fourth vehicle. Was that a Dodge Charger?

Close.  It's a Dodge Challenger.  Jenelle Evans has a Charger that she MTV bought and Jenelle claimed Nathan purchased for her.  But I digress.

I wonder who paid for April's pool.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 3

Wow. Ryan looked like a 50 year old deranged man.
Does Cate ever shower? Also, I don't think I've ever seen poor Nova smile or chuckle. Isn't she 18 mos-2 years old? Kids that age are always giggling about something. My kids did, and see all the videos on youtube and facebook of kids cracking up at their Dad opening mail for further proof :)

Edited by gotta watch
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Panic attacks come in all shapes and sizes, differing from client to client. 

Catelynn may have experienced a panic attack, who knows; however, instead of practicing the skills she was taught in the expensive restidential facility, she rode shotgun with her friend to go get high by the rocks. 

Thank you for your input.

Cate mentioned to her friend, as they were guzzling beer, she has "paralytic panic attacks" where she is totally not mobile, she can't breathe and she feels she is "right on the ledge". 

Cate went to get high while having a "paralytic panic attack"? Is it like Jackie in the bathtub when she and Roseanne were getting high?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, AirQuotes said:

About 37 min into the episode Farrah is being interviewed by a guy in a yellow shirt.   This is Farrah's exact quote. "The plans for the next 5 years that I'm here is to take frozen yogurt to a whole new level.  I mean, I would hope to probably open more internationally and do this, um, because I've had people interested in California and New York. It will be great."

Even worse than I thought!

How does one take frozen yogurt to a whole new level? It's a dime-a-dozen frozen yogurt shop.  "A whole new level of frozen yogurt managerial cunty-ness" is the only thing that I can surmise.

This whole thing will tank.

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, pakalolo said:

Farrah followed her dad to Austin? I thought she said she moved to get away from her parents and because she liked it so much on her vacation there. If she was following her dad there after a fight with mom that explains so much more to me about why they all still interact with each other, and why she still hangs out with Simon. 

She needed someone to raise Sophia while she was flying all over the place on "business," so she had to be near Debra or Michael.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

True, but there might be a bit of therapy as well. My son sees a psychiatrist for his meds, but he has also gone over things with my son when has brought up topics about what is going on in his life at school or when my son just wants to vent about something in particular. He has given him great advice and gives him so much of his time when other doctors were just dispensing meds.

No you are not. I have mentioned my own suspicions about this as well. Look, being suicidal or threatening suicide is no joke. Period. Whether she is using it to guilt Tyler or really is feeling suicidal, the point is it might just be the reason Tyler sticks around. He doesn't want that on his shoulders if he finally decides to check out. Who would? Cate pulled out the tears at VH1 Couples Therapy when Tyler brought up his feelings about not wanting to get married.

Cate mentions in this episode how she fake cried to the psychiatrist's receptionist in order to get sympathy and hopefully, get to see the doctor. It wouldn't be outrageous to think this is how she handles Tyler.

Something tells me one reason Cate missed the appointment was due to the fact it wouldn't be on camera. That may be why Cate continues with Kinko Kathleen.

Seriously, at this point I am waiting for Cate to just blurt out to Tyler the reason for her feeling like shit - "I SLEPT WITH ARNIE!!!"

I guess I just can't with someone who goes to her Twitter to comment how she was invited to go to a concert by Sia, personally. She made damn sure to get there on time, no? But she hit the snooze for her psychiatrist appointment while crying suicide to her therapist. *palm face*

Arnie from "What's eating Gilbert Grape"?

1 hour ago, AirQuotes said:

In my town, you can't throw a dead cat without hitting one of those self serve froyo places.

Ryan? 

;)

1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Her dad moved there, then she got in a fight with her mom and decided to move there as well.

Plus, I think Michael is probably considered a more trustworthy babysitter. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

A whole new level, by that I mean exactly the same level as Wicked Twist, Cups, the Frog one in the Carolinas that's all about Jesus, and twelve other different places have done it, except WE WEAR GLASSES AND CHEF OUTFITS!" 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

She learned from observing Michael that the only way to have a polite conversation with Farrah is to suck up to her at all times.

I mean really.  Free trip to Hawaii for amusing a half wit? Ok. 

"Farrah you are the most amazingist person in the universe of Austin".

• Love 9
3 hours ago, EDTV said:

i almost feel like the $900 on the dresses thing had to be an MTV driven storyline, because they kept mentioning it. I mean no one can be THAT stupid to spend $900 on fancy dresses for a 6 year old right? and I seriously doubt Matt was shelling out his money for that... but even Amber, I can't see her doing that... that's so beyond ridiculous that i'm going to even give Amber the benefit of the doubt. otherwise she is completely clueless and irresponsible. 

I wonder if Amber is helping fix Matt's credit ratings. His is probably in the toilet. They got him card under his name but Amber pays the bills when they arrive. 

Of course she mentioned how much they spend at "boutique". (Amber of the higher class doesn't shop in Target or discount stores, how would that look to her new high class neighbors.) If Gary will ask for money for Leah in near future she can say "But I just spent 900 USD on her clothes" to shut him up. Doesn't matter that what she bought is completely unusable for second grader. At least Leah can use the fancy stuff for reunion if, of course, she doesn't outgrow them by then. 

Edited by ava111
  • Love 10

Tyler really pissed me off this ep. For awhile he has been bitching that Cate isn't doing anything to help herself. She has an appt that took months to get and does he offer to drive her or bring her coffee in the morning to make sure she goes?  Nope. He just waits for her to self destruct so he can bitch some more all the while saying he knows he can't say anything. It's like he thinks he can say all kinds is shit but no one can call him on it if he ends by saying "but I can't say anything".  Those words aren't some kind of magical verbal eraser, asshole. 

Then, Nova is playing with her stroller and he gets irritated and tells her she needs to learn how to turn it around. Dude, if she needs to learn that then you need to show her. Not talk at her in words she doesn't understand, asshole. 

• Love 20
34 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

@Calm81 I think they're talking about Arnie from Roseanne.

Oh my gawd. I own nearly every Roseanne DVD and I didn't catch THAT reference!!!  I keep forgetting there are Roseanne fans on the teen mom thread. 

Someone upthread mentioned Jackie in the tub during the Roseanne episode where they get high...that's my fave episode. Jackie Harris "Is the tub shrinking?" ?

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Tyler really pissed me off this ep. For awhile he has been bitching that Cate isn't doing anything to help herself. She has an appt that took months to get and does he offer to drive her or bring her coffee in the morning to make sure she goes?  Nope. He just waits for her to self destruct so he can bitch some more all the while saying he knows he can't say anything. It's like he thinks he can say all kinds is shit but no one can call him on it if he ends by saying "but I can't say anything".  Those words aren't some kind of magical verbal eraser, asshole. 

Then, Nova is playing with her stroller and he gets irritated and tells her she needs to learn how to turn it around. Dude, if she needs to learn that then you need to show her. Not talk at her in words she doesn't understand, asshole. 

ehh, thats not fair. 1) from what we're seeing Tyler has actually been working on the new house, or at least coordinating the contractors. So how can you assume he was even home? From the convo they had it sounded like he wasn't home at the time.

and 2) its really damn time that Cate starts taking personal responsibility. You have this super important appt and you can't bother to even get up on time? and instead hit the snooze and go back to sleep? And somehow this is Tyler's fault?

Not like Cate has all this other stuff going on, she had one job, get up on time ONE DAY... and she couldn't even do that.

and lastly, Tyler seems genuinely annoyed and fed up at this point, i seriously doubt he wanted Cate not to go. when Cate got home Tyler was surprised to see her and asked what she was doing home? he wouldn't have asked that if he had known she woke up late and might have missed her appt.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Catelynn is an adult with no job. I can't stand Tyler but it's not his role as a husband to make sure his wife gets up for her appointments by bringing her coffee and walking her through the door. That's what you do for your child on their first day of school.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Here's a clip of Farrah firing an employee while wearing those stupid glasses.  Or, to put it in Farrah-speak, she's severancing the relationship because it feels like there's not an open-mindedness:

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/oarafc/teen-mom-sneak-peek-farrah-fires-kiana

If someone fired me while wearing those goofy glasses, I'd rip them off her face and stomp them into the ground.  But that's just me.

I couldn't stop laughing at this scene.  Farrah's abuse of the English language is no joke, but it was so funny!!!  What a moron!

Also, I watched some bonus scenes on the MTV page and saw the one with Nova finger-painting.  At least it was appropriate for her to be naked so all they had to do was put her in the bath to wash  off the paint.  And Cate was doing SOMETHING with her.  

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, EDTV said:

its really damn time that Cate starts taking personal responsibility. You have this super important appt and you can't bother to even get up on time? and instead hit the snooze and go back to sleep? And somehow this is Tyler's fault?

I didn't say it was Tyler's fault she missed the appt.  That is 100% on Cate. My point is that Tyler complains and complains and complains while acknowledging he has been counseled not to. She finally has an appt and he could be a supportive husband when he knows there is a good chance that depressed Cate isn't going to get out of bed at all that day, much less at 8a.  But he didn't do anything to help her make the appt and then he sits there and bitches.  A good marriage partner supports and helps the other, not sit back and wait for them to fail so you can pick them apart. Cate needs to get her shit together, but I'm sick of watching Tyler gleefully pick her apart like he's doing her some damn favor. 

• Love 12

I'm going to need that employee that Farrah severenced to come here or somewhere on the Internet and let us know what it was like to work for Farrah.  Based on that convo alone I don't know how anyone lasts more than a half hour.

• Love 20
35 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Catelynn is an adult with no job. I can't stand Tyler but it's not his role as a husband to make sure his wife gets up for her appointments by bringing her coffee and walking her through the door. That's what you do for your child on their first day of school.

37 minutes ago, EDTV said:

ehh, thats not fair. 1) from what we're seeing Tyler has actually been working on the new house, or at least coordinating the contractors. So how can you assume he was even home? From the convo they had it sounded like he wasn't home at the time.

and 2) its really damn time that Cate starts taking personal responsibility. You have this super important appt and you can't bother to even get up on time? and instead hit the snooze and go back to sleep? And somehow this is Tyler's fault?

Not like Cate has all this other stuff going on, she had one job, get up on time ONE DAY... and she couldn't even do that.

and lastly, Tyler seems genuinely annoyed and fed up at this point, i seriously doubt he wanted Cate not to go. when Cate got home Tyler was surprised to see her and asked what she was doing home? he wouldn't have asked that if he had known she woke up late and might have missed her appt.

I kind of feel like it is partly Tyler's responsibility. Sometimes if you really are depressed you want to get up and go to the appointment but you can not make yourself get up and go. It happened to be. I wanted to do things but all I did was sleep instead. I needed my husband to help me get out of the house and drive me so I could go. Instead of all the complaining Tyler and his mom do maybe they could help Cate instead of putting her down. It's bad enough to be in a dark place, you don't need people who are suppose to love you piling it on. I've been there and it's hard. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, EDTV said:

Cate seems miserable because she has what she wanted, the big wedding, married to tyler and Nova, but she's realized none of that stuff makes her happy... she keeps looking for outside influence to make her happy instead of doing things for HERSELF. It's not Tyler's job to maker her happy, and he has every right to be pissed off.

This is what I think as well. They would probably both be happier if they went their separate ways.

And did I miss something - does Maci have a job? Why are Jayde and Maverick in day care? And why does Taylor, who DOES have a job, have to take them and pick them up? What exactly is Maci doing?

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Amber & Matt - Those were pretty dresses they got her, but I see that black and gold one perfect for a birthday party or picture day. Not first day of school as that could cause tension between her and the other kids that are wearing Osh Kosh or too uncomfortable for recess. I liked how Gary asked Christina "You got those cheaper than $12 right?" and she's all "Clearance baby!" :-)

I don't understand how Amber can be upset that Leah didn't choose the outfits she bought because it's like she's just competing with Gary on who does better at shopping when it's really up to Leah on what she WANTS to wear that day. Her day. Amber should be more focused on taking pictures of her first day and being all "I can't believe booboo is in the second grade she looked so grown up and cute," instead of "She didn't wear what I bought her ... I'm so F'n pissed."

Matt's "We just spent $900 in there...I nearly passed a stone," it's Ambers money, not yours and I'm sorry it went to Leah instead of your grifting butt or grifter Jr.

I also noticed that they hardly sit on their couches, as if they are trying to avoid the couch jokes. Every scene they are shown more active, or sitting on the patio in the backyard or batting cages, haha! Almost as if they AVOID talking to the cameras on the couch because of all the jokes we've made about the infamous brown couch.

Maci - Fast forward through it aside from seeing baby Jayde's adorable chunky thighs. <3

Ryan - That tree scene was creepy. He's got gray hair at a young age and looks like he dressed in the dark with his butt crack hanging out...kind of seemed like the creepy man in the woods that talks to himself.

I first read that line as....like the creepy man in the wood who stalks himself.  I can't stop laughing at that. I could see Crazy eyes stalking himself.   Yeah, his outfit was hot.  He used to be the younger cuter version of Larry.  Now Larry is the better looking of the two.  

Tyler's body Language when Cate was sitting on him says it all.  His head was way off to the side.  I think he hates her.  I didn't understand the oh, I'm having a panic attack, here's my kid, bye! I was like what the hell? 

Farrah, you are an idiot.  

Oh yeah, cloths on clearance for a kid that age, a much better choice! 

Edited by Frootloop Dingus
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

True, but there might be a bit of therapy as well. My son sees a psychiatrist for his meds, but he has also gone over things with my son when has brought up topics about what is going on in his life at school or when my son just wants to vent about something in particular. He has given him great advice and gives him so much of his time when other doctors were just dispensing meds.

No you are not. I have mentioned my own suspicions about this as well. Look, being suicidal or threatening suicide is no joke. Period. Whether she is using it to guilt Tyler or really is feeling suicidal, the point is it might just be the reason Tyler sticks around. He doesn't want that on his shoulders if he finally decides to check out. Who would? Cate pulled out the tears at VH1 Couples Therapy when Tyler brought up his feelings about not wanting to get married.

Cate mentions in this episode how she fake cried to the psychiatrist's receptionist in order to get sympathy and hopefully, get to see the doctor. It wouldn't be outrageous to think this is how she handles Tyler.

Something tells me one reason Cate missed the appointment was due to the fact it wouldn't be on camera. That may be why Cate continues with Kinko Kathleen.

Seriously, at this point I am waiting for Cate to just blurt out to Tyler the reason for her feeling like shit - "I SLEPT WITH ARNIE!!!"  I guess I just can't with someone who goes to her Twitter to comment how she was invited to go to a concert by Sia, personally. She made damn sure to get there on time, no? But she hit the snooze for her psychiatrist appointment while crying suicide to her therapist. *palm face*

Manipulation at it's finest, I want to continue to hate Tyler but I'm giving him a small pass. If she pulls it on strangers, she definitely pulls it on him. I would be so over that crap, too.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I'm going to need that employee that Farrah severenced to come here or somewhere on the Internet and let us know what it was like to work for Farrah.  Based on that convo alone I don't know how anyone lasts more than a half hour.

She most likely had to sign a nondisclosure agreement, and risks having Farrah sue her if she says anything about the job.  Of course people have been known to disclose dirt anonymously.

• Love 2

Wait a minute ... is Farrah severencing the relationship with the very employee who actually knows how to work a froyo shop?  Isn't that the girl who said she worked there when it was a previously owned / named froyo shop?  And that they'd come in an hour earlier to set up the shop, yet Farrah told her to come in 15 (or 5) minutes early before opening?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, teapot said:

...let alone drive?

I do believe Michael's GF got that memo too, that reads to get along with Farrah you must kiss her arse at every turn.  Also I have come to the conclusion that Simon shows up for giggles and a check.  He comes there and gets berated for even breathing and he could care less what we all say becuz he is getting PAID.  Lol

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Leah is on the boutique  facebook page, some comping going on?

https://m.facebook.com/PIPER-BOUTIQUES-149534586588/?ref=hl

Valparaiso?  3 hours to get some free dresses?!  Amber makes no sense.  But then again, keep the kid trapped in the car for 6 hours instead of spending quality time together. 

And dress her up like a little doll because when you get back you store in Leah in her room like a doll. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 5