Type keyword(s) to search

Rumored Presidential Appointments

5 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

This is apparently more like a done deal than a rumor. The morning news shows are saying South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has been chosen for, & apparently accepted, the post of Trump's Ambassador to the United Nations.

That's bad news. Because she was actually the MORE sane alternative for SoS, meaning they are getting her out of the way so they can appoint a real nutter instead. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I don't know anything about her but she has to be better than Jerry Falwell Jr.

educ.JPG

The good news is that she's part of the Charter School movement, which hasn't necessarily been a bad thing. That said, a lot depends on how Charter Schools are implemented. Apparently she's also for strong deregulation of Charter Schools, which is probably bad. In other words, let private companies do whatever the fuck they want, and ignore stuff like making them follow standards for school lunches, classroom conditions and class sizes, etc. Oops!

She's a supporter of the Common Core State Standards Initiative, which is apparently something Trump badmouthed during his campaign. 

She's fairly standard Republican Conservative apparently--in fact her appointment might be "payback" for DeVos having her hooks deeply into the Michigan Republican Party (she's a former chairwoman). 

By the way, is Faux Gnus even trying?  In their story about DeVos, they referred back to how she was "the second woman nominated for Trump's Cabinet", referring to Nikki Haley as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations as if it's a Cabinet post. In truth, the UN Ambassador is only a Cabinet position at the discretion of the President, and Republican administrations have been the ones in the past who haven't had it that way (while the Democrats have). 

Betsy is also married to the heir of the Amway Ponzi fortune.  She is from Western Michigan, which, while beautiful with all it's lakefront beaches and forests, is populated by rabidly Christian white people.  And Saugatuck, the only liberal outpost on the shore.

Amway summer cottage in beach town Holland, MI:  http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/09/amway_heir_dick_and_betsy_devo.html

Oh, yeah, and her brother, Erik Prince, founded Blackwater.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, stormy said:

It turns out you don't need credentials, core values or principals to go work for baffoon in chief.

Nor wit, intelligence, common sense, compassion, humility, sanity and/or class, for that matter. 

• Love 6

Fourth suggestion in google search was "Betsy DeVos Creationism."

While her mother, Elsa, and her husband’s parents have supported anti-gay marriage efforts in the past, Betsy Devos has focused primarily on education.

[...] Unlike an individualistic evangelical approach, she has focused on the common good and has seen education as a big part of that, said Doug Koopman, a political scientist at Calvin College. She will not likely be one to focus on curriculum issues like evolution and creationism, which has been a concern in some conservative Christian circles.

[...] DeVos did not support Trump’s candidacy, telling the Washington Examiner in March that he “does not represent the Republican Party.” Her family foundation has donated between $10,000-$25,000 to the Clinton Foundation, according to an analysis by The Washington Post.

DeVos and her husband have supported a range of political, social and cultural efforts in Michigan and around the country. They served as producers for the 2012 Broadway show, “Scandalous: The Life and Trials of Aimee Semple McPherson,” about the Pentecostal evangelist and media celebrity in the 1920s and 1930s.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/11/23/betsy-devos-trumps-education-pick-is-a-billionaire-philanthropist-with-deep-ties-to-the-reformed-christian-community/

So... panic not averted but not ignited yet. Also, LOL that she gave money to produce Scandalous. If you don't know, Kathie Lee Gifford helped write it and it was a big flop.

• Love 2

Betsy DeVos is really bad news as Secretary of Education for the reasons cited above.  My parents were living in Michigan in 2006 when her husband Dick unsuccessfully challenged Jennifer Granholm for governor.  I know they both voted for Granholm because of the slimy, con artist vibe they got off from him.  A statewide referendum to ban the use of affirmative action in higher education, the Michigan Civil Rights Initiative or Proposition 2 was on the same ballot and passed.  Ironically, Dick DeVos was against it, possibly because it could affect publicly funded charter schools that had a strong Christian bias. 

• Love 4

In Betsy DeVos, we'll have an Education Secretary who is committed to killing public education.  Which makes sense, as in a Trump presidency, we'll have an administration committed to dismantling the federal government.  Anti-government nutjobs running the federal government.  Yeah, this is going to end well.

HuffPo has an article on how Trump's Cabinet and collection of key advisers is on track to be the least-experienced in modern history:

Indeed, Trump’s roster of key White House advisers and cabinet officials could, in the end, rank among the least experienced in recent presidential history.

Steve Bannon, Trump’s chief strategist, headed right-wing news site Breitbart News before chairing the president-elect’s campaign. Reince Priebus, Trump’s chief of staff, previously ran the Republican National Committee. And Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, a key presidential campaign strategist who is now being discussed as a White House adviser, ran his family’s real estate business before entering politics. 

None of those individuals has worked in government.

In addition, Trump tapped South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) Wednesday to be his United Nations Ambassador. She has little, if any, official foreign policy experience.

To Trump, who pledged to “drain the swamp” of the nation’s capital, and his allies, this may be a key selling point of his picks. To Eisen, who now works at the Brookings Institution think tank in Washington, D.C., it points to potential problems ― both in the development of policy and in terms of simple governance.

“Government is like any other profession ― it requires expertise,” Eisen told The Huffington Post. “I don’t think you’d want that gang, if they had a similar lack of expertise in surgery, operating on you with that level of comparable of medical experience. And the same is true in government.”

While DeVos has never worked in a school or agency that dealt directly with education policy, she has served as the chair of the Michigan Republican Party and headed organizations that focus on education reform.

By contrast, Dr. Ben Carson. ― Trump’s preferred choice to head the Department of Housing and Urban Development ― has no identifiable expertise in housing policy. And he’s never served in government, let alone atop a federal agency. Carson himself has worried that his lack of experience could potentially “cripple the presidency” if Trump tapped him to serve in the cabinet, his senior adviser admitted.

“Unlike Betsy DeVos who at least has some experience with the issue, I think Carson’s experience with the sorts of things that HUD does is very, very top down ― to put it gently. Housing is a very complicated issue for example,” said William Galston, who was previously a policy adviser to former President Bill Clinton. He now heads governance studies at the Brookings Institution.

Galston suggested that inexperienced cabinet appointees would likely select more seasoned deputies. He likened it to the chief executive of a company having a chief operating officer with greater knowledge of the nuts and bolts of the business’s operations.

“Frankly, I’m more concerned about what people stand for than I am about their lack of experience,” Galston said. “My assumption is that unless people are really stupid, if they want to move an agenda, then they will pick senior deputies who know how to move agendas through the machinery of government.”

Galston raised concerns, however, about the outsize role that Trump loyalists and family members were likely to play in the incoming administration.

“When you bring in so many friends and family into your inner circle that can easily create a circle the wagons phenomenon,” he said. “That can have the effect of slowing or even discouraging the free flow of information on which every president depends. The last thing any president needs is a palace full of courtiers.”

• Love 5

I've been saying all along that the Romney for SoS news was b.s.; he was summoned merely to kiss the ring & take a knee.  http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/11/kellyanne-conway-attacks-mitt-romney-231830

And it’s been all downhill from there, as Trump supporters and surrogates have piled on, slamming Romney for his attacks on Trump during the GOP primary and his refusal to endorse Trump.

Now Kellyanne Conway, a senior transition adviser and Trump’s campaign manager, has joined the fray.

• Love 4

And it’s been all downhill from there, as Trump supporters and surrogates have piled on, slamming Romney for his attacks on Trump during the GOP primary and his refusal to endorse Trump.

Now Kellyanne Conway, a senior transition adviser and Trump’s campaign manager, has joined the fray.

But Nikki Haley also badmouthed Trump and endorsed Marco Rubio.

So, did Herr Trump pick Haley because she's the daughter of Indian immigrants, and therefore must have knowledge of international affairs? Because she sure as shit has no experience on her own.

Nikki Haley may have badmouthed Trump, but I think her selection as UN ambassador has more to do with the lieutenant governor of South Carolina. With Nikki Haley working for the UN, Henry McMaster (current lt. governor) will get the the governorship. McMaster was an early Trump supporter. So, Trump hands Haley a random job which gets him kudos because she's a woman and she's even a non-white woman. Trump's friend gets a sweet new promotion. Everyone wins...except the American people.

With Ben Carson as the probable HUD secretary, my assumption is Trump saw "Urban" in the department's name and figured "I'll give this one to the black guy." There's no other explanation since outside of living in a house, Ben Carson has no experience with anything to do with this department.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, AmandaPanda said:

With Ben Carson as the probable HUD secretary, my assumption is Trump saw "Urban" in the department's name and figured "I'll give this one to the black guy." There's no other explanation since outside of living in a house, Ben Carson has no experience with anything to do with this department.

Exactly. I initially assumed (silly me) that Trump was going to put Carson in as surgeon general. I would still have disliked the choice, but at least Carson was actually trained in medicine. But it fits right in with Trump's pattern so far of choosing either someone with no/minimal qualifications for the position or someone with horrific ideas/qualifications for the position. It's like he's choosing these people by throwing darts.

• Love 8
On 11/24/2016 at 11:21 AM, Bastet said:

In Betsy DeVos, we'll have an Education Secretary who is committed to killing public education.  Which makes sense, as in a Trump presidency, we'll have an administration committed to dismantling the federal government.  Anti-government nutjobs running the federal government.  Yeah, this is going to end well.

HuffPo has an article on how Trump's Cabinet and collection of key advisers is on track to be the least-experienced in modern history:

To be fair to Nikki Haley, dealing with modern Confederate sympathizers is like dealing with hostile foreign countries.  It took a national tragedy for them to finally take down the Confederate flag from the South Carolina state house. 

• Love 1

If I were president elect and one of my inner circle took to Twitter to criticize one of my candidates for a cabinet position.... I'd be extremely angry.  All that stuff should be said to Trump or his personnel committee in private.  Is this what we can look forward to? Staff in-fighting in public for 4 years? How is he going to have any gravitas? How is the chief of staff going to have any control of his staff if his 'equals' are tweeting their differences?  Is this how his business underlings operate? I don't think so. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Typos
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

I keep wondering how many appointments do I have to object to? How many times do I have to call my representatives? Can there be a blanket ALL OF THEM ARE TERRIBLE script? 

I'd like to second that. Because they're all very, very bad. Eep. 

• Love 1

All this fooferah about who is getting what appointment is just another of Trump's manipulations of the media and, true to form, the media is falling all over themselves to show how stupid they are to fall for it. All the print headlines and cable news 24/7 blathering on and on about Romney or Ghooliani are obscuring the fact that the media isn't investigating and reporting on Don the Con's corruption and manoeuvring before he's even inaugurated. He's bragging about how he's talked to 60 foreign leaders already but he hasn't even met with the State Dept so they have no idea what he's been talking to them about nor have they been annotated as all presidential conversations are supposed to be nor have the media been allowed to cover them. It's frighteningly astonishing how the media is letting him get away with all this.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, shok said:

He's bragging about how he's talked to 60 foreign leaders already but he hasn't even met with the State Dept so they have no idea what he's been talking to them about nor have they been annotated as all presidential conversations are supposed to be nor have the media been allowed to cover them. It's frighteningly astonishing how the media is letting him get away with all this.

Lets put the onus on the FBI and the justice department.  If he's broken (or if he does so after taking office) any rules, regulations, or laws with any of his actions or words, he needs to be held accountable. Presidents, president-elects and their staffs are NOT above our laws, unless the law specifically exempts them.  Even then, an ethical president (Trump will not be one), should behave ethically. 

it looks like KAC has not only put her foot in her mouth again, Trump wants to put his foot in her ass because of it. KAC's babbling on MTP about her hissyfit over Mitt Romney possibly becoming Secretary Of State not only made her look even worse than ever, it pissed Trump off in the process. Serves her right for going rogue. Even better is KAC's calling any criticism of her "sexist," as if she doesn't work for someone who's sexism personified. News flash, KA: you don't get to play the "feminist" card when you choose to work for someone who's the exact opposite, not when it comes to politics. This is the real world, not Mad Men. Before that, there were KAC's comments to TMZ (don't judge me) about President Obama, Oprah Winfrey & Dave Chappelle's comments about "giving Trump a chance." First of all, President Obama has to play nice, for transition's sake, Oprah had to modify her comments after being dragged on Twitter and KAC forgot to mention the last part of Chappelle's quote, which was that he would only give Trump a chance if Trump gave the disenfranchised one, too.

Next, there's Guiliani's blatant begging for the SOS job, claiming that he deserves it because he's traveled a lot. So do bugs, rodents and viruses, but they're not SOS material, either, although I wouldn't put it past Trump to at least consider them. Instead of making Ghouliani SOS, Trump should just name him as Ambassador to Transylvania.

• Love 5

Mitt Romney should run far, far away from the Trump administration. I was thinking maybe he would take the SoS position out of a sense of duty, but he's way too smart and moral for that shitshow. Although it's going to leave us with Guiliani. Ugh. I hate everything.
Every appointment is awful so far except Nikki Haley, she's just meh. Betsey DeVos, I don't even know what to say. Talk about pay-to-play! She's basically a rich housewife who made school choice her cause.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, windsprints said:

I saw a few tweets that Trump is meeting with David Petraeus today.  After a year of slamming HRC about the emails this is someone he is considering?

I fully expect that the Donald would possess total sympathy and understanding for a he-man who placed the country's security in peril so long as it was due to being sidetracked by some *10*. After all, Donald doesn't place that high a premium on loyalty when it comes to spouses. Plus it would do his ego a solid being a higher-up lording it over a genuine general.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DollEyes said:

it looks like KAC has not only put her foot in her mouth again, Trump wants to put his foot in her ass because of it. KAC's babbling on MTP about her hissyfit over Mitt Romney possibly becoming Secretary Of State not only made her look even worse than ever, it pissed Trump off in the process. Serves her right for going rogue. Even better is KAC's calling any criticism of her "sexist," as if she doesn't work for someone who's sexism personified. News flash, KA: you don't get to play the "feminist" card when you choose to work for someone who's the exact opposite, not when it comes to politics. This is the real world, not Mad Men. Before that, there were KAC's comments to TMZ (don't judge me) about President Obama, Oprah Winfrey & Dave Chappelle's comments about "giving Trump a chance." First of all, President Obama has to play nice, for transition's sake, Oprah had to modify her comments after being dragged on Twitter and KAC forgot to mention the last part of Chappelle's quote, which was that he would only give Trump a chance if Trump gave the disenfranchised one, too.

Next, there's Guiliani's blatant begging for the SOS job, claiming that he deserves it because he's traveled a lot. So do bugs, rodents and viruses, but they're not SOS material, either, although I wouldn't put it past Trump to at least consider them. Instead of making Ghouliani SOS, Trump should just name him as Ambassador to Transylvania.

Dolleyes, How apropos that you mentioned bugs, rodents and viruses.  Because this is exactly what we have now--swamp dwellers dressed in fancy suits and expensive conservative dresses in the hope that we won't notice the funk that permeates from their being.  Sort of like modern day Pig-Pens.  There isn't enough bleach or colognes that will cover up that stench.  These people are rotten to the core.

Now, the Crypt Mistress wants to play the "sexism" card?  Bitch, please.  I can only imagine the reaction if Hillary dared to form her lips to even suggest that a heavy dose of sexism played a role in the outrageous level of hatred thrown her way.  How to tell if KAC is lying or pulling some shit out her ass and throwing it against the wall in the hopes that it will stick?  Her lips are moving.  She, of all people, should be aware by now that nobody tells Drumpf what to do.  The moment he senses that's what is happening, he snaps because it gives the appearance that he is no longer in charge.  

While others have disapproved of Drumpf supposedly considering Governor Romney for SOS, the Crypt Mistress has been quite vocal and nasty in her disapproval.  She has kept up a steady drumbeat of disapproval, growing more vituperative in the process.  She has been the point person in suggesting Ghouliani should be rewarded for his loyalty to his fuhrer over Romney, who dared to criticize Drump.  Never mind that he doesn't have the temperament for such a position, and has conflicts of interest coming out the ying-yang.  Oh, wait...

Ghouliani's thirstiness to sit at the table with the "cool kids" is quite unnerving.  He should ask his fellow Tri-State area traveler, Crispy Kreme Christie what it's like to be dressed up in a court jester outfit and to humiliate himself in every which way but loose.  All for the illusive promise of some power.  Ask him what it's like to have Drumpf tell him to shut his double-breasted lips, and to bark when he pulls his (Christie's) chain.  See how that worked out?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

Dolleyes, How apropos that you mentioned bugs, rodents and viruses.  Because this is exactly what we have now--swamp dwellers dressed in fancy suits and expensive conservative dresses in the hope that we won't notice the funk that permeates from their being.  Sort of like modern day Pig-Pens.  There isn't enough bleach or colognes that will cover up that stench.  These people are rotten to the core.

Now, the Crypt Mistress wants to play the "sexism" card?  Bitch, please.  I can only imagine the reaction if Hillary dared to form her lips to even suggest that a heavy dose of sexism played a role in the outrageous level of hatred thrown her way.  How to tell if KAC is lying or pulling some shit out her ass and throwing it against the wall in the hopes that it will stick?  Her lips are moving.  She, of all people, should be aware by now that nobody tells Drumpf what to do.  The moment he senses that's what is happening, he snaps because it gives the appearance that he is no longer in charge.  

While others have disapproved of Drumpf supposedly considering Governor Romney for SOS, the Crypt Mistress has been quite vocal and nasty in her disapproval.  She has kept up a steady drumbeat of disapproval, growing more vituperative in the process.  She has been the point person in suggesting Ghouliani should be rewarded for his loyalty to his fuhrer over Romney, who dared to criticize Drump.  Never mind that he doesn't have the temperament for such a position, and has conflicts of interest coming out the ying-yang.  Oh, wait...

Ghouliani's thirstiness to sit at the table with the "cool kids" is quite unnerving.  He should ask his fellow Tri-State area traveler, Crispy Kreme Christie what it's like to be dressed up in a court jester outfit and to humiliate himself in every which way but loose.  All for the illusive promise of some power.  Ask him what it's like to have Drumpf tell him to shut his double-breasted lips, and to bark when he pulls his (Christie's) chain.  See how that worked out?

I believe this will help with your description . 

• Love 2

DeVos terrifies me but at the same time I know some college students in the family that still hold onto Bernie's promise of free college education and actually brag about not voting for Clinton.   And I had a big picture of DeVos sitting over the Thanksgiving table.  Yeah, I'm not letting this one go.  But when the littles in their bubble of privilege had a hissy fit, I pointed out all the little stances of DeVos that I'm really irked the press is letting slide.  For instance, we get the tie to child labor laws being relaxed.  But she was a bit vocal when Gingrich came out a few years ago saying kids should be able to work menial jobs at school in exchange for their education.  And was not only in agreement but she tied it to school lunches and breakfasts and said in no way should they exist unless children were able to pay the system back in some way.  Again referring to Gingrich wanting kids who couldn't pay for their education to be responsible for janitorial duties etc.  

She and her husband also have been tied to the so called education reform that would essentially make all schools merit based on funds with a three tiered program.  John Oliver touched on this in his charter school program.  But what it would basically do is reduce schools to a three tiered program.  And schools that performed well would get more money and strip lesser schools in the process.  Meaning we would have even worse schools than we already do for the majority of our youth.  It is  disgusting how she has held positions on essentially taking the wealthiest and most privileged and calling it merit and then using everyone's money to reward that even more. 

I think Giuliani is someone who has ceased to have any awareness.  He feels his promised political career has gone the wayside and sees Fat Boy Grim as his last chance to truly sit at the national table of affairs.  He will do anything to achieve that.  Which makes the idea of him added to the already Clown Car to the Next Holocaust downright amazing in how audaciously atrocious Fat Boy Grim is loading his cabinet.

At this point I think Fat Boy Grim is picking his cabinet based on several things.  First of course, who is willing to bath his sagging wrinkled huge un-trussed ass the most.  Second, I think he is picking people who he sees as marginalized already.  Not only will they be more loyal but they also will be easy to sacrifice between now and 2020.  Third, I think there is an element of picking people to take the focus off of him. Off of him as a leader.  They provoke outrage from many and hide his flaws that are so apparent pretty much the first week after the election.  Fourth, I think it is a huge fuck you to the US.  He is picking people who want to burn it down.   And no matter how he spins it, the fact is more people voted against him than for him.  And this Thing has such a micro-penis complex when it comes to ego and confidence , I think knowing the more people did not want him in the office than did, means he has to actually work to make sure he can win in 2020.

Remember how even in the middle of 2009 as problems escalated in Afghanistan and the stupid assholes in Congress battled the matter of stimulus packages, all kinds of people, even the so called Liberal Media on CNN kept saying how President Obama could only "blame" the previous administration for so long.  And that that time was essentially passed?  And how we still have people claiming pulling out of Iraq was his decision and policy? 

I'm so betting that those same people are going to let Fat Boy Grim blame President Obama for every single thing that goes wrong.  Even as many of things going wrong can be obviously seen as rooted in Fat Boy Grim trying to reverse every policy that came out of the Obama Administration. 

And for the record I am not saying he actually has a micro penis.  I'm just saying a lot of people are saying it and he certainly acts like his really small hands are not an issue and yet at the same time showing they are a huge issue.  It'd be terrible if he did have one and I'm not saying he does, but when there is so much talk you have to wonder right?

• Love 8

Tom Price is apparently Trump's pick to head up Health and Human Services. Oh, you don't know who Tom Price is (I didn't)? Here's all you need to know.

As HHS secretary, Price would not only oversee Obamacare as it currently exists, but also run the government's largest social programs, including Medicare, Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program. He would also have authority over the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health and other major health agencies

Politically, Price is conservative. He opposes abortion rights, receiving a 2016 rating of 0 by Planned Parenthood and 100 percent by National Right to Life. He has voted against legislation aimed at prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation; for a constitutional amendment to define marriage as between one man and one woman; and against the bill that would've ended the don't-ask-don't-tell policy regarding disclosure of sexual orientation in the military.

He has also voted against:

federal funding for abortion;

funding for groups like Planned Parenthood;

a law that now requires the FDA to regulate tobacco as a drug; and

a bill that would have provided four weeks of parental leave for federal employees.

In 2007, Price voted in favor of a bill that would have granted the so-called pre-born equal protection under the 14th Amendment.

In case anyone ever wondered what it was like to live in 1935, it seems like we're gonna find out real soon.

9 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Yeah, I'm not letting this one go.  But when the littles in their bubble of privilege had a hissy fit, I pointed out all the little stances of DeVos that I'm really irked the press is letting slide.  For instance, we get the tie to child labor laws being relaxed.  But she was a bit vocal when Gingrich came out a few years ago saying kids should be able to work menial jobs at school in exchange for their education.  And was not only in agreement but she tied it to school lunches and breakfasts and said in no way should they exist unless children were able to pay the system back in some way.  Again referring to Gingrich wanting kids who couldn't pay for their education to be responsible for janitorial duties etc.  

She and her husband also have been tied to the so called education reform that would essentially make all schools merit based on funds with a three tiered program.  John Oliver touched on this in his charter school program.  But what it would basically do is reduce schools to a three tiered program.  And schools that performed well would get more money and strip lesser schools in the process.  Meaning we would have even worse schools than we already do for the majority of our youth.  It is  disgusting how she has held positions on essentially taking the wealthiest and most privileged and calling it merit and then using everyone's money to reward that even more. 

Politically, Price is conservative. He opposes abortion rights, receiving a 2016 rating of 0 by Planned Parenthood and 100 percent by National Right to Life. He has voted against legislation aimed at prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation; for a constitutional amendment to define marriage as between one man and one woman; and against the bill that would've ended the don't-ask-don't-tell policy regarding disclosure of sexual orientation in the military.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my post upthread. They sent Kelly Ann Conway out on Sunday morning to insult Romney and humiliate him for what he said about the orange buffoon and what are the headlines and media pundits and people on the internet all talking about? Conway, instead of investigating and reporting on the people Trump has already appointed and having endless discussion about how dreadful these appointees are.

And all his tweets about voter fraud and the recount? Again, the media can't talk about anything else and actual NEWS and INFORMATION that they should be passing on to the general public is being ignored. SQUIRREL!!!! Honest to zod, they're worse than even Jon Stewart warned us about years ago.

• Love 5

I heard it speculated on 1 of the "Hot Topics" type daytime shows yesterday (Monday) that Kellyanne's mouthing off about stuff like Giuliani being in line for/getting Secretary of State, when other names are still being announced as possibles for that post, is because she's pissed SHE doesn't have a job in the administration... so far.

26 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I heard it speculated on 1 of the "Hot Topics" type daytime shows yesterday (Monday) that Kellyanne's mouthing off about stuff like Giuliani being in line for/getting Secretary of State, when other names are still being announced as possibles for that post, is because she's pissed SHE doesn't have a job in the administration... so far.

It's all a ruse, and you and the media and most other people are falling for it. Same as those ridiculous tweets about the election. What is everyone talking about? Conway and the tweets. What are they NOT talking about? Donald scamming everyone with his multiple conflicts of interest, and the horrifying backgrounds of the people he has already nominated.

• Love 9

And don't forget about the millions he'll be making off of us by charging the Secret Service rent.

Guess he finally came up with a way to make Mitch McConnell kiss his ass.  Made his wife Secretary of Transportation.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1

USA Today just Tweeted that Trump's chosen former Labor Secretary (I think under Bush 43) Elaine Chao (who's also married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell [R--KY]) as his Secretary of Transportation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/USATODAY/status/803639776033140736?p=v

Sorry... I didn't see it mentioned in the post previous to mine.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To correct punctuation & add something.

Re General David Petraeus, that Trump would pick someone who pled guilty to mishandling information who also cheated on his wife and is currently on probation doesn't surprise me. Turds of a feather stink/stick together.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

Betsey DeVos, I don't even know what to say. Talk about pay-to-play! She's basically a rich housewife who made school choice her cause.

I am trying to reserve judgment. Would someone with qualifications be nice? Yes. But I don't know enough about her background to completely write her off. It does make me wonder if Trump would actually go so far as to appoint Miss Universe contestants. They're supposed to have pet causes right?

And was not only in agreement but she tied it to school lunches and breakfasts and said in no way should they exist unless children were able to pay the system back in some way.  Again referring to Gingrich wanting kids who couldn't pay for their education to be responsible for janitorial duties etc. 

What what? That is... positively Victorian. I get where people are coming from with a merit-based system and a lot of testing standards. But that assumes so many things. It assumes everyone has the same opportunities (stable home life, parents who can help with homework or parents who can afford tutors and other teaching aids, schools with the same resources like books and computers and staff, etc. etc.). It assumes that everyone learns the same way which is not true at all. Personally I tended to thrive on standardized tests because those worked for my brain at that age and I loved humanities classes with essay questions but in high school I started to struggle with math and science. Poor testing results can't always be a referendum on a student's intelligence or how much of the material they've actually grasped. I do believe that we need to seriously prioritize education and really reform the system but there aren't going to be easy solutions. You can't swoop in and magically turn everyone into little robots with photographic memories. 

I have no feelings about Elaine Chao as of now. All I thought when she was mentioned was... isn't she married to Mitch McConnell? Really draining the swamp... Fox News is crowing about how "diverse" Trump's cabinet is shaping up to be with women and minorities. GAG.

3 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I am trying to reserve judgment. Would someone with qualifications be nice? Yes. But I don't know enough about her background to completely write her off. It does make me wonder if Trump would actually go so far as to appoint Miss Universe contestants. They're supposed to have pet causes right?

Betsy Devos has no background in education whatsoever, not as a teacher, or administrator, nothing.  All she has is money (lots of Amway money) and a deep desire to divert tax money from public education for all to charter schools for the - let's face it - white Christian kids to get away from the undesirable kids who are not white and Christian.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Fox News is crowing about how "diverse" Trump's cabinet is shaping up to be with women and minorities. GAG.

So diverse!  Hiring housewives with money, like Devos and Kathleen KT McFarland, a Park Avenue housewife tuned Fox commentator, as Deputy National SECURITY Advisor!   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

There is no way in hell that Mittens is going to be Sos because he's actually qualified for the job and would look good doing it. 

Yep. And they don't want someone half way sane either. As much as I do not like Romney, it's ironic to think that he's the sane one here along with being logical.

• Love 3