Type keyword(s) to search

Rumored Presidential Appointments

Is Michael Moore a Peanut?  Larry O'Donnell interviewed him about his new project, MM in Trumpland.   He's worried because the election is on the second Tuesday in November, and he says it will be very cold in Michigan and other northern places, and is afraid that only Drumpf's crazies will turn out to vote.  Last month was another hottest month ever, so maybe global warming will help.  Hillary looked pretty cold campaigning outside in Philadelphia. 

13 minutes ago, carrps said:

Kellyanne is not being paid by Trump. She's on the payroll of the Mercer family (big buck veeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyy conservative Republicans).

Today I noticed Kellyanne had her hair done. Styled and dyed a little darker. Her makeup also looked better, so she's not giving off such a Crypt Keeper vibe.

She still sucks. Even after being exposed calling Trump a whiner when she was on Cruz's side, she spins everything back to Hillary. It's so childish. "So, why is it okay for Hillary to blahblahblahblah." She's like a petulant teenager who complains how unfair it is her younger siblings get away with everything she can't.

• Love 8

I'm one of the 10 or so people who watched a show called Sisters in Law, about a group of female African-American attorneys in Houston. Katrina Pierson was a guest at an event at the home of one of them, and it didn't take but 30 seconds for a couple of the leads to get into a shouting match with her over politics/her support of Trump. The host ended up kicking Katrina out. I was a bit surprised when she showed up nationally, but thought she was ridiculous then and have seen nothing since to change my mind.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

Today I noticed Kellyanne had her hair done. Styled and dyed a little darker. Her makeup also looked better, so she's not giving off such a Crypt Keeper vibe.

She still sucks. Even after being exposed calling Trump a whiner when she was on Cruz's side, she spins everything back to Hillary. It's so childish. "So, why is it okay for Hillary to blahblahblahblah." She's like a petulant teenager who complains how unfair it is her younger siblings get away with everything she can't.

It's like "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!!!" I like to call her Kellyanne ConArtist or alt.right Barbie.

• Love 3

I just found this YT series by an account called LiberalViewer -- forewarning. (I couldn't find a first/last name for the guy on camera.)  The video is 71 minutes of 16 video clips and commentary from the big 5 sunday political shows.  Everything is right there in one video.  This is # 183, so a lot of catching up to try to do if I'm ever bored with BoxOfficeMojo or Everything Wrong With.

My other two are both real-life liberals who are two of the most talented radio personalities I have ever listened to.  They both have left terrestrial radio in favor of trying to eke out a living via teh Interwebs.  I do my part when I can.  

Randi Rhodes

Mike Malloy

• Love 3

atomationage,

Considering that Mr. Moore put $200,000 of his monies to defend Julian Assange against rape charges, if he truly wants Mr. Trump to lose and Mrs. Clinton to win, the BEST thing he can do is to KEEP QUIET!  Sorry, but I haven't liked Mr. Moore in quite some time.

• Love 1

Has anyone else been reading Dan Rather's Facebook posts this election season? They are often very long, but they absolutely provide a sane point of view of what's going on around us this year. They are overall very optimistic, but provide the warning needed when considering our country's future.

This article explains how it all came to be:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/24/how-dan-rather-became-the-only-good-newsman-on-facebook.html

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, car54 said:

Palin did a kind of word salad speech at one of Trump's rallies early on but then Todd Palin got hurt and she went back to Alaska and I think her one rally wasn't very effective so they didn't have her back---Trump did have her at the last debate as his guest.

I didn't see her at the debate but I rolled my eyes so often I'm sure I missed stuff. 

Here we go. Oh Sarah, please go away

Her main press presence seems to be Breitbart.

I thought that she had maybe disappeared because of Todd's accident. I'm surprised she wasn't effective with the campaign. Seems almost like a match made in, well, somewhere.

• Love 3

I would imagine if she still wants a TV career that they'd have her on Trump TV---it takes a lot of content to fill up all the time on a tv channel.

When she did her big speech with Donald at the rally she really was incoherent--and Donald kind of stood at the side as if he didn't know what to think about her.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, car54 said:

I would imagine if she still wants a TV career that they'd have her on Trump TV---it takes a lot of content to fill up all the time on a tv channel.

Please.  A daily show is too much work for her.  A weekly show most likely is as well.  She just wants to have public speaking engagements where she can make a stump speech with a few folksy aphorisms so it doesn't seem like she's given the same one fifty times before.

• Love 2

In another example of efficient spending, The Washington Post is reporting this afternoon that the Drumpf campaign will be dispatching the Drumpf brats to campaign for him in Virginia.  This is part of a renewed push in a state that party insiders have all but conceded they won't win, including a $2 million ad buy.  Folks within the party are confounded and exasperated by this latest "shocker," but, evidently Drumpf and his wonderful kids know everything.  Plus, there is the never-say-never philosophy of some of Drumpf's closest advisers.

The real deal?  I suspect that the kiddies will also be looking in on the Trump Winery and golf course while they are in Virginia.  Nothing like protecting the fambly assets!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

I didn't see her at the debate but I rolled my eyes so often I'm sure I missed stuff. 

Here we go. Oh Sarah, please go away

Her main press presence seems to be Breitbart.

I thought that she had maybe disappeared because of Todd's accident. I'm surprised she wasn't effective with the campaign. Seems almost like a match made in, well, somewhere.

Unfortunately, Sarah became addicted to the limelight a good while ago.  Not even Todd's accident was going to keep her off our screens for long.  Not to mention that she can never pass up the chance to attack the Obamas even through third parties like Malik Obama.

I have a feeling her thirsty ass was "auditioning" to be Drumpf's running mate a few months ago.  However, cooler heads prevailed because this is the second GOP convention where she was not invited to speak.  I remember Governor Romney's people making it quite clear that they did not want this idiot anywhere near the convention in 2012.  Her absence from this year's convention was even more glaring.  The garbled explanation the Drumpf people gave as to why she couldn't appear had me scratching my head.  Some foolery about distance, as if she was actually going to walk from Alaska to Ohio.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

The real deal?  I suspect that the kiddies will also be looking in on the Trump Winery and golf course while they are in Virginia.  Nothing like protecting the fambly assets!

Yep. And I bet on the RNC's, inflated prices, dime.

I can't imagine how those kids will make a difference. Except in daddy's pocketbook.

They give me the creeps. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I have a feeling her thirsty ass was "auditioning" to be Drumpf's running mate a few months ago.

No.  That would require her actually doing work.  I bet if you were to check her bank account, there would be a hefty deposit right before she endorsed him.

• Love 4

One thing I hope happens after President Obama's term is finished in January is that he will FINALLY be able to tell Mrs. Palin what he REALLY thinks of all her meanspirited sniping down the years.

• Love 7

I wish friends would stop forwarding me all of Keith Olbermann's video diatribes. I'm sick of him and his fixation on Trump, as if he actually believes he -- AND ONLY HE -- is going to get through to people. Yap yap yap, in stentorian tones.

There they go again...le sighhhhh...

Why is The New York Times wasting valuable space propping up the irrelevant Omarosa, who is a serial failure at virtually every job she has ever had.  According to her, she will ensure that Drumpf gets 15% of the African American vote.

Omarosa Manigault Changed Parties

This so-called pastor is like so many other religious leaders who have gathered around Drumpf--pimps in the pulpit.  There isn't enough spiritual bromide to make Drumpf anything other than what he has always been.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

And, this, folks is how you drag a Drumpf surrogate for insisting that up is down, that the sky is green and that sun orbits around the moon.

Anderson Cooper Keeps It Real

Ha! She says that the only place you hear that Trump is losing is in the polls and in the media and that the enthusiasm and support shown at the rallies proves otherwise. So, people who like Trump cheering for Trump at a rally put on by the Trump campaign proves that Trump is winning? Oh geez...the stupidity.  That is like saying that I am the most loved person in the world because my kids hug me or that Kit Kats are the best candy bar ever because people still buy them. 

• Love 8
On 10/23/2016 at 10:13 PM, atomationage said:

Is Michael Moore a Peanut?  Larry O'Donnell interviewed him about his new project, MM in Trumpland.   He's worried because the election is on the second Tuesday in November, and he says it will be very cold in Michigan and other northern places, and is afraid that only Drumpf's crazies will turn out to vote.  Last month was another hottest month ever, so maybe global warming will help.  Hillary looked pretty cold campaigning outside in Philadelphia. 

And here's Moore on The View:

On 10/24/2016 at 5:08 AM, Blergh said:

Considering that Mr. Moore put $200,000 of his monies to defend Julian Assange against rape charges, if he truly wants Mr. Trump to lose and Mrs. Clinton to win, the BEST thing he can do is to KEEP QUIET!  Sorry, but I haven't liked Mr. Moore in quite some time.

I wonder if Moore regrets that now. I mean as bad as Assange seemed even a year ago, it's only in the past year he's illustrated how unhinged (as well as dishonest) he is.

Oh, someone get Moore a haircut. Stat. That's not a good look for ANYONE.

• Love 2

Martin O’Malley Leaves Fox Hosts Sputtering As He Destroys Donald Trump (VIDEO)

http://freakoutnation.com/2016/10/martin-omalley-leaves-fox-hosts-sputtering-as-he-destroys-donald-trump-video/

The three Fox & Friends cohosts were in for a rude awakening Sunday when they tried to coopt Martin O'Malley into attacking Hillary Clinton and the "rigged" process that got her nominated. Instead, O'Malley shredded Donald Trump so thoroughly that the cohosts were obviously dumbfounded and flummoxed.

I've long said that the key to being a Democratic or liberal guest on Fox is to reframe the discussion your way and to stay on offense. O'Malley was a textbook case in how to do it. And, by the way, this was not the first time he aced a Fox appearance.

The segment was clearly designed to do Trump a solid by suggesting that a Wikileaks release shows that O'Malley is at least partly on the same "rigged election" page as the Friends' guy, Trump.

First, we saw an excerpt of a February, 2016 email from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta asking for former Democratic presidential candidate O'Malley's support. Then we saw an excerpt of O'Malley's response: "Americans feel their own politicians have rigged the economic opportunity game against them."

[more at link]

O'Malley skewers Tucker Carlson the best.  

clap.gifapplause.gifbounce.gif

• Love 7
20 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

And, this, folks is how you drag a Drumpf surrogate for insisting that up is down, that the sky is green and that sun orbits around the moon.

Anderson Cooper Keeps It Real

Paraphrasing here, but, the surrogate says something like "You're really not seeing [the waning enthusiasm shown in polls] in social media where DJT is more than HRC".  To which I ask "more what?" How about more rude? More insulting? More unhinged? 

Edited by fastiller
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Kromm said:

And here's Moore on The View:

I wonder if Moore regrets that now. I mean as bad as Assange seemed even a year ago, it's only in the past year he's illustrated how unhinged (as well as dishonest) he is.

Well, one thing fans and foes do agree on re Mr. Moore is that he is by no means a shy wallflower re expressing his POV nor someone incapable of creating opportunities for expression . Hence, if he DOES regret his monetary support of someone  authorities consider a viable rape suspect, it's not for lack of opportunity or shyness that has prevented Mr. Moore from saying so.  Actions speak louder than words or, in his case, nonwords here, IMO.

• Love 1

Okay I know this might not be popular, but I wish Martin was on the ticket instead of Kaine.  And not just, for me, a VP O'Malley on the ticket in 2024 sells much better for me no matter how warped my perceptions may be.

I like a lot of what Olbermann is saying but the tone really turns me off.  Its like that joke Larry Wilmore said during President Obama's run for re-election during some Hollywood self-important blowhard's attempt at being relevant (it was either Affleck who might be political but is also way pompous in my opinion or Pitt, same).  Basically the joke was not only was he "facing the choir" he was in a "Black Church".  All the sputtering outrage ended up being nothing since his audience essentially had gotten to that point a long long time ago and knew a hell of a lot more on the matter.  Same here.  The themes that are put together are quite relevant and they do hold facts matter, should be aired and discussed.   But the delivery is too much for the length of the videos.  Half of the video could be lost with no quality loss if Keith stepped back from the oratorical posturing.  The Orange Beast might be Caesar at the Rubicon, but Keith ain't no Cato or Cicero.  In his own words "just stop".

• Love 1

I can't help it, I want more KO.  I need more KO.  His ravings console me.  They sooth me and keep me from screaming with rage every time another woman speaks up about being sexually assaulted or when we find out about yet another skeevy business practice Drumpf uses to cheat others in order to enrich himself, and yet he is still close enough that with one tiny misstep or mistake by the Clinton campaign and who the hell knows what could happen.  October ain't over.    

• Love 5

"transition team chris christie speaking...yes...ok...trim back? trim back WHAT...ok..sorry..."

Cvpc_mBUkAA6kqx.jpg

Here's Chris Christie, governor of New Jersey, cheerleader in chief for Trump, hard at work in his glamorous office space in Trump Tower. This is what you get when you get in bed with the devil, Governor Sandwiches. I hope you're consumed with regret and despair every miserable second. 

Edited by Lisin
Removed twitter embed

I can't think of a more fitting picture--and epithet--for the would-be AG of the mythical Trump Administration.  Frankly, it's been fascinating watching Jersey Bully Boy Christie rolling over, fetching and doing everything but playing dead for his tangerine master.  All that only for Drumpf to choose Indiana's Governor Voldemort as his VP pick.  It's been one humiliation for Christie after another as he pretends that his former operatives aren't testifying that he was complicit in the Bridgegate mess.  No wonder he wanted to put New Jersey as far behind him as possible.  His political career has come to a spectacular end; he no longer functions as a Drumpf surrogate; and he still may be criminally indicted for the George Washington Bridge lane closures.  There's a saying that you should be careful of how you treat people on your way up because you meet the same people on your way down.  Bridget Kelly and David Wildstein must be enjoying the schadenfreude especially after being thrown under the bus by their former boss.  

The Atlantic sums up Christie's fall perfectly:  Chris Christie is Done

Edited by Lisin
Removed twitter embed
  • Love 16
On 10/26/2016 at 7:17 AM, Giant Misfit said:
Here's Chris Christie, governor of New Jersey, cheerleader in chief for Trump, hard at work in his glamorous office space in Trump Tower. This is what you get when you get in bed with the devil, Governor Sandwiches. I hope you're consumed with regret and despair every miserable second. 

That doesn't even look real. The guys in the movie Boiler Room had better conditions than that. 

Edited by Lisin
Removed twitter embed
  • Love 4

Ugh. You might be right it's not real -- I forgot that @darth is pretty awesome at Photoshop and might have created that himself. The photo attribution looked right to me, but that taped up "Chris Christie" sign is a little too good to be true in hindsight. 

A New Yorker article article on the nightmare known as Rudy Ghouliani and how Americans are unsure if they can take much more of him.  It took me a while to read it before I realized it was satire.  However, there were several elements of truth in it.

Nation Can't Take Rudy Anymore

I am so looking forward to the day when he crawls back under his rock and lives out his days with his former jump-off.

• Love 11

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Surrogate thread or here, but since Cruz isn't running anymore, here is one of his former staffers--GOP pundit Amanda Carpenter--calling him and other Republican men out for continuing to defend/endorse Trump after his sexual assault comments were unearthed a few weeks ago:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/10/25/carpenter-op-ed/

17 hours ago, 33kaitykaity said:

O'Malley skewers Tucker Carlson the best.  

clap.gifapplause.gifbounce.gif

I love my former Governor. He's VERY handsome in person, too. ;) 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

It's disturbing that Newt Gingrich is still crushing on Bill Clinton. 

Still not as disturbing as this. I mean, Chris Matthews' face at the end says it all.

• Love 6

Megan Kelly is a smart woman. And I'm sure she's familiar with Newt's past indiscretions. I wonder how much self editing she was going through when Newt accused her of being sex obsessed.

Thank you @UYI for the best laugh I will have all day. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Bridget Kelly and David Wildstein must be enjoying the schadenfreude especially after being thrown under the bus by their former boss.  

I haven't followed the players throughout this Gate but I have noticed how really really happy she appears to be while walking in to court.

Not your typical "perp" walk. lol

Wonder if TrumpTV will have spots for CC and RG. At least Christie seems to be holding his shit together. Or just staying out of the fray.

I have seen Tiffany these last couple of days! All the Trumpkid surrogates give me the creeps.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

IWonder if TrumpTV will have spots for CC and RG. At least Christie seems to be holding his shit together. Or just staying out of the fray.

I have seen Tiffany these last couple of days! All the Trumpkid surrogates give me the creeps.

And the medical show for Carson.

I think Tiffany Trump is so the red-headed stepchild in the family and really would become Tiff Maples if she could. It must be awful hearing your dad say on the record in an interview that he wanted your mother to terminate the pregnancy.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I would actually check that out! 

Because I'm still not convinced he's really a surgeon.

My own opinion - he is a brain surgery savant and beyond that, just another narcissistic sociopath. 

• Love 6

If wikileaks posted emails from the trump campaign, I am pretty sure that there would be one sent to all the surrogates saying "Whatever you do, do NOT answer any question they ask you. Just stick to the list of talking points below."  Followed by a bulleted list including "DJT is really popular" "DJT is isn't a Washington insider" "Hillary is a crook" "Hillary deleted emails" etc...

• Love 7
On 10/14/2016 at 0:46 PM, starri said:

Preferably with a chainsaw.

Another person who's a Trump surrogate-or might as well be-is WiKiLeaks founder Julian Assange. Given all the anti-Clinton/anti-Democrat emails that have spewed from the site, if Assange was on Trump's payroll, I wouldn't be surprised. Since Assange is currently holed up in the Ecuadoran Embassy because he's ducking a rape charge in Sweden, with all the sexist bullshit that's come out of Trump's own mouth, if Trump offered Assange both a pardon and a Cabinet post if he's elected-Heaven forbid!-that also wouldn't surprise me.  As far as I'm concerned, Assange is a criminal in more ways than one, he's a bully in more ways than one and he's a coward in more ways than one. 

• Love 10