Type keyword(s) to search

Rumored Presidential Appointments

AJ  Delgado on All In just now when Chris mentioned that Trump watches a lot of TV said with a straight face paraphrasing that Trump likes to be informed.  He is a voracious reader.  

I laughed so hard my sides hurt.  AJ really is pathetic.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 8

She (AJ Delgado) is difficult to listen to.  Then as a good liberal (who still ends sentences with prepositions) I feel like I'm judging her too harshly but she just speaks over everyone.   Steve Cortes is the Republican surrogate that seems the best to me because he actually acknowledges some problems and has a sense of humor.  I hope my opinion doesn't get him fired.

• Love 3

How Podesta was hacked

The hackers sent John Podesta an official-looking email on Saturday, March 19, that appeared to come from Google. It warned that someone in Ukraine had obtained Podesta's personal Gmail password and tried unsuccessfully to log in, and it directed him to a website where he should "change your password immediately."

• Love 1
19 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I read this little gem from Eugene Robinson this morning regarding Ghouliani.  Apparently, he has given Ghouliani the distinction of being 2016's Mr. Deplorable.  

Mr. Deplorable 2016

Loved it! Robinson not only put Giuliani on blast, his reading Trump, Gingrich and Kellyanne Conway for the sanctimonious, ignorant and hypocritical filth that they-like Giuliani- are was even better. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 10
On 10/27/2016 at 8:51 PM, thosme said:

She (AJ Delgado) is difficult to listen to.  Then as a good liberal (who still ends sentences with prepositions) I feel like I'm judging her too harshly but she just speaks over everyone.   Steve Cortes is the Republican surrogate that seems the best to me because he actually acknowledges some problems and has a sense of humor.  I hope my opinion doesn't get him fired.

I think that AJDelgado is impossible to listen to. She's up there with Jason Miller and Katrina Pierson. Who had her ass handed to her by CNN's Angela Rye.

National Review on Katrina Pierson.

'In Pierson, Trump found someone whose relationship to conservatism, and to the truth, is as elastic as his own.'

• Love 4

recent tweet by kellyanne Conway: 

Kellyanne Conway ‏@KellyannePolls 1h1 hour ago

Astonished by the all-out assault on Comey by Team Clinton. Suggesting he is a partisan interfering with the election is dangerous & unfair.

Poor Comey - people are being unfair to him!   wait,  huh? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Don't focus on the "unfair" part for the ultimate irony in that wee little tweet.. It's the "dangerous" part that's epically ironic. Donald Trump's surrogate referring to someone ELSE as "dangerous".  Think about it. The man who was stirring his supporters to revolt if he loses. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, backformore said:

This increasingly haggard bitch has always set my teeth on edge.  Still fighting the Clinton wars from the 90's so this is like Christmas in October for her.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, she all but admits that her boss is a man-baby.  Yet, she still thinks he should run the country.  How does that even compute, Kellyanne?  Or, maybe there isn't enough air in the bunker?

Conway Says Trump is a Man-Baby

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

This increasingly haggard bitch has always set my teeth on edge.  Still fighting the Clinton wars from the 90's so this is like Christmas in October for her.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, she all but admits that her boss is a man-baby.  Yet, she still thinks he should run the country.  How does that even compute, Kellyanne?  Or, maybe there isn't enough air in the bunker?

Conway Says Trump is a Man-Baby

To quote Madeleine Albright, there's a special place in hell.

• Love 8
On 10/20/2016 at 4:49 AM, The Crazed Spruce said:

No, the worst is Katrina Piersen. At least none of the others wore a necklace made of spent bullet casings while talking about gun violence, then after being called out on it, threatened to wear one made out of aborted fetuses.

Wait, what?? How did I miss this?

• Love 1

Sahil Kapur ‏@sahilkapur 13h13 hours ago 
New @SenatorReid letter to James Comey re: Hatch Act: "Through your partisan actions, you may have broken the law." 

Las Vegas, NV – Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid sent the following letter to Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey today: 

Dear Director Comey: 

Your actions in recent months have demonstrated a disturbing double standard for the treatment of sensitive information, with what appears to be a clear intent to aid one political party over another. I am writing to inform you that my office has determined that these actions may violate the Hatch Act, which bars FBI officials from using their official authority to influence an election. Through your partisan actions, you may have broken the law. 

The double standard established by your actions is clear. 

In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government – a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States, which Trump praises at every opportunity. The public has a right to know this information. I wrote to you months ago calling for this information to be released to the public. There is no danger to American interests from releasing it. And yet, you continue to resist calls to inform the public of this critical information. 

By contrast, as soon as you came into possession of the slightest innuendo related to Secretary Clinton, you rushed to publicize it in the most negative light possible. 

Moreover, in tarring Secretary Clinton with thin innuendo, you overruled longstanding tradition and the explicit guidance of your own Department. You rushed to take this step eleven days before a presidential election, despite the fact that for all you know, the information you possess could be entirely duplicative of the information you already examined which exonerated Secretary Clinton. 

As you know, a memo authored by Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates on March 10, 2016, makes clear that all Justice Department employees, including you, are subject to the Hatch Act. The memo defines the political activity prohibited under the Hatch Act as “activity directed towards the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group.” 

The clear double-standard established by your actions strongly suggests that your highly selective approach to publicizing information, along with your timing, was intended for the success or failure of a partisan candidate or political group. 

Please keep in mind that I have been a supporter of yours in the past. When Republicans filibustered your nomination and delayed your confirmation longer than any previous nominee to your position, I led the fight to get you confirmed because I believed you to be a principled public servant. 

With the deepest regret, I now see that I was wrong. 

Sincerely, 

Senator Harry Reid

Sahil Kapur ‏@sahilkapur 13h13 hours ago 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028262069

Thank you, Harry.  You rock.

• Love 10

I have been away from cable TV for over a week - meaning I have not been exposed to the Surrogates for that long. It has been a relief. Did I miss any instant where any of them made a valid point? More importantly, is Ana stll expertly putting them in their place? 

• Love 3

I think I heard Kaleigh Mac a-something say on AC360 tonight: as bad as Donald Trump is, the Clinton camp is doing a fantastic job of caricaturing him to be the worst person on earth.  Wait, what?  And she's his surrogate?  I guess she is working on the post Trump loss career for herself.  She also talked about how the Democrats are way better in using research and social media and targeting.

• Love 6
On 11/1/2016 at 1:46 AM, bannana said:

I think I heard Kaleigh Mac a-something say on AC360 tonight: as bad as Donald Trump is, the Clinton camp is doing a fantastic job of caricaturing him to be the worst person on earth.  Wait, what?  And she's his surrogate?  I guess she is working on the post Trump loss career for herself.  She also talked about how the Democrats are way better in using research and social media and targeting.

You would think that these people and their candidate have had enough of being "caricatured."  But, some of them simply can't help themselves.  I'm sure we've all heard about the Texas Agriculture Commissioner, who called Secretary Clinton the "C" word (and I don't mean, cold).  

This NYT op-ed indicated that this slur is a sign of things to come.  Of course, we've heard of and have seen the tee shirts, the campaign posters, etc.  Now, maybe I missed it because I typically change the channel whenever one of Drumpf's surrogates appear, but the repudiation of this behavior is virtually non-existent.

Sexist Slurs a Sign of Things to Come

• Love 3
(edited)

Dear Surrogates, I as a registered Republican, want you to quit thinking I am required to vote for Trump. I'm not and didn't. I wouldn't vote for him to be dog catcher in a one dog town.  Why? Because I vote for the person best fit to be in the office, regardless of party. I'm not a fan of the tea party or the religious right. I am so very tired of Kayleigh, Kristina, Scottie, Corey, Jeffrey, and Ben Carson's stupid idea that party trumps decency. Please go form your own party. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 22

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this but…am I the only one, when upon listening to Melania Trump speak about stopping cyber bullying, all I heard was "Moose and Squirrel must die!" I know it's not nice and english isn't her first language, but seriously. Wow. You want to stop cyber bullying? Take the damn phone from his tiny hateful fingers for starters!

• Love 10

McNINNY just needs some duct tape over her mouth. I cringe when I see that she's part of a panel. 

ETA: Ana Navarro is a gem. She has zero fucks to give. Too bad more of them don't have the intestinal fortitude to join her. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
New thought from an old brain
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Menrva said:

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this but…am I the only one, when upon listening to Melania Trump speak about stopping cyber bullying, all I heard was "Moose and Squirrel must die!" I know it's not nice and english isn't her first language, but seriously. Wow. You want to stop cyber bullying? Take the damn phone from his tiny hateful fingers for starters!

Re Moose & Squirrel: I get what you're going for here.  A friend of mine said Simka (Latka's wife on Taxi, played by the ever awesome Carol Kane).

Re Cyber bullying: too effin' write right!

• Love 2

Well, this just in.  Now, I know why one of Drumpf's loudest and staunchest surrogates, Governor Christie, has been MIA.  As of this morning, two of his ex-aides, Bridget Kelly and Bill Baroni, were convicted of conspiracy and wire fraud.  

All because they and their boss wanted revenge against the mayor of Fort Lee.  And, how's this for irony?  It was a piece of email ("Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee") that brought the whole house of cards down.  Kelly testified that she received Christie's approval before she sent the email to trigger what she thought was a traffic study.  I believe her when she said Christie approve of the email.  But, she actually thought it was a traffic study?  Bitch, please.

Bridgegate Verdicts

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, starri said:

Leaving aside the jaw-dropping stuff Giuliani revealed today about the campaign getting FBI leaks ahead of time, I think I finally figured out why he hates Hillary so much.

She's living the life he wanted.  She got the Senate seat, she got the cabinet post, and she's on the precipice of the presidency.  And it's just easier to believe a vast conspiracy than accept that he got beaten by a girl who's better at it than he is.

Yep!  That about sums it up.  Not only that his buddy and former partner, former NYC Police Commissioner, Bernie Kerik, had to withdraw his nomination to head President Bush's Department of Homeland Security?  Why?  Because he employed an illegal immigrant as a nanny.  There were state and federal investigations, which ultimately led him to plead guilty to tax fraud and making false statements.  Kerik was also a cheater like Ghouliani.  It turned out that he was carrying on an affair with his book publisher in the 3 weeks after the terrorist attacks in 2011.  He was ultimately sentenced to 4 years in prison.  Now, he's ironically an advocate for prison reform.

It must really frost Ghouliani's cookies that this is the real face of corruption.  It must also kill him that Kerik, a staunch Republican, insisted that his party needed to step up and do more to address inequities in the justice system.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Yep!  That about sums it up.  Not only that his buddy and former partner, former NYC Police Commissioner, Bernie Kerik, had to withdraw his nomination to head President Bush's Department of Homeland Security?  Why?  Because he employed an illegal immigrant as a nanny.  There were state and federal investigations, which ultimately led him to plead guilty to tax fraud and making false statements.  Kerik was also a cheater like Ghouliani.  It turned out that he was carrying on an affair with his book publisher in the 3 weeks after the terrorist attacks in 2011.  He was ultimately sentenced to 4 years in prison.  Now, he's ironically an advocate for prison reform.

It must really frost Ghouliani's cookies that this is the real face of corruption.  It must also kill him that Kerik, a staunch Republican, insisted that his party needed to step up and do more to address inequities in the justice system.

When (if ever) will Trump supporters realize that someone whose handpicked choice for Police Commissioner ended up in prison, might not be the greatest judge of character?

• Love 8

Not quite sure if this is the place to put it, but seriously, fuck you, Susan Sarandon. You don't get to presume jack shit about why I'm voting for Hillary, you privileged hypocritical whack job. And take your tinfoil conspiracy theories with you. When third parties start acting like grown ups and putting forth a real agenda and actual, viable, intelligent informed candidates, you bet I'll give them a good hard look. And maybe even vote for them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/i-dont-vote-with-my-vagina-why-susan-sarandon-is-not-backing-hil1/

• Love 18
On 10/26/2016 at 10:28 AM, xaxat said:

That doesn't even look real. The guys in the movie Boiler Room had better conditions than that. 

The Christie inserted was Photoshop and this is (was) campaign staffer John McGee's hovel. Nevertheless, I can't imagine a more depressing, dark, and spiritual down-lifting atmosphere to work in. Optimized-Office-Cubicles_Interior-Concepts-6.jpg

Have any of you ever worked in a cubicle? I have and it wasn't bad because it was compact but had everything I needed right at hand. The lighting was excellent and the color palate was warm. Compare that to the cubicle occupied by staffer John McGee. It almost looks like a basement except that I can see windows in the distant office. Dark gray cement floors, there's wires hanging all over the ceiling and there's no ceiling to speak of but there's plenty of vents for water and air, and there's no overhead lighting whatsoever. Matter of fact, if I was a criminal serving a life sentence for murder and after 20 years of good behavior they offered me a light-duty desk job, that's exactly how I'd imagine my work space would look like. But in all fairness, these were meant to be used for a very short amount of time, definitely not intended to be extra office space for employees hired for a 4 year term.  :P

small desk.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
On 10/29/2016 at 5:10 PM, MulletorHater said:

This increasingly haggard bitch

Oooh, I might steal that.  It might just be better than my rode hard put up wet descriptor.

And in case you haven't seen it yet - Beyoncé Slayed...

https://twitter.com/Bey_Legion/status/794748448436326400

Also, Donald Trump’s Billionaire-Backed Super-PAC Also Paying Rudy Giuliani’s Law Firms

Edited by Lisin
Removed twitter embed
  • Love 5

@MENRVA - didn't Sarandon say the not voting with her vagina bc she isn't voting for HRC? So that confuses me bc she is voting for a woman, right?

She seems to think that voting for Hillary is voting with your vagina but apparently voting for Jill Stein is not, because Stein is ideologically pure/underdog/wants green energy but has no realistic plan for implementation/supports pot/crystals are the only technology we need/is not Hillary. And people who are so goddamn bitter because Hillary is the democratic candidate and they want to burn down the world to make it pure for whatever the fuck it is they believe in just turn me off. Not to mention the fact that whoever becomes president, Sarandon's life will not be significantly impacted in any way (unless Donnie gets his tiny fingers on the Button), but the rest of us probably will suffer. She can sit in her tower and sneer at the rest of us living in the real world and keep herself pure and shit on icky Hillary. Because hating on Hillary is a game the whole family can play! Republican or democrat, liberal or conservative, everyone and anyone can find some tiny nugget of nothing and turn it into "Hillary is the antichrist". I admit, the more people hate Hillary, the more I like her. I know that makes no sense but she's my Hermione.

• Love 6

I've aways liked Sarandon's acting but I will never be able to watch her in anything now without thinking about how entitled and arrogant she's been throughout this election cycle---she's not that good an actress.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, car54 said:

I've aways liked Sarandon's acting but I will never be able to watch her in anything now without thinking about how entitled and arrogant she's been throughout this election cycle---she's not that good an actress.

Cosigned.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, car54 said:

Sarandon was campaigning for Bernie in a town next to me and refused to be interviewed by the local news station. But if it were a NYC or other large television affiliate I'm sure she could have spared a couple of minutes. Not a fan anymore.

• Love 3