Type keyword(s) to search

Rumored Presidential Appointments

Omarosa is already talking up Trump's enemies list.

“It’s so great our enemies are making themselves clear so that when we get in to the White House, we know where we stand,” Manigault told Independent Journal Review during Trump’s election night party on Wednesday.

She also referenced a tweet sent by South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham on Tuesday afternoon.

I voted @Evan_McMullin for President. I appreciate his views on a strong America and the need to rebuild our military. #3

4:11 PM - 8 Nov 2016

“If [Graham] felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him,” Manigault remarked. “I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want. But let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we’re keeping a list.”

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/09/omarosa-hints-at-a-donald-trump-enemies-list-its-so-great-our-enemies-are-making-themselves-clear/

“It’s so great our enemies are making themselves clear so that when we get in to the White House, we know where we stand,” Manigault told Independent Journal Review during Trump’s election night party on Wednesday.

“If [Graham] felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him,” Manigault remarked. “I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want. But let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we’re keeping a list.”

Wow. disgusting even in victory.  I'd say keep it classy but I don't think she possesses the character traits necessary to pull that off.  I don't think she has much in the way of character period.  Hmmm, deplorable seems to describe this one to a T.  

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

"It's like deja vous all over again."

If only. This is a common sentiment right now, but if I saw Dubya today I'd give him a hug and a kiss and beg him to come back. Hell, I'd do it if I saw old Ronnie Rayguns as well (even in the condition he's now in).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, onthebrink03 said:

Wow. disgusting even in victory.  I'd say keep it classy but I don't think she possesses the character traits necessary to pull that off.  I don't think she has much in the way of character period.  Hmmm, deplorable seems to describe this one to a T.  

Omarosa is a horrible human being,  but the real problem is that trumps staff is filled with far worse than even her. Think about the horror of the Breitbart people having actual power.If you managed to sleep last night you may not tonight after thinking about that.   Go read Breitbart. Com if you aren't familiar with how ultra far right they are. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

If only. This is a common sentiment right now, but if I saw Dubya today I'd give him a hug and a kiss and beg him to come back. Hell, I'd do it if I saw old Ronnie Rayguns as well (even in the condition he's now in).

But would you give him a mandate?

That made me nuts. They'd win by a small percentage yet declare a mandate.

And speaking of Surrogates, I hope to not see Boris again. Or Katrina or KAC.

This is horrible on so many levels.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Trump won the electoral collage by a huge margin, but lost the popular vote. I agree that he won the office but I disagree with Kellyanne who says he's been given a mandate to do whatever he wants.  

He doesn't need a "mandate."  He has both Congressional house majorities.  He'll get to appoint at least one supreme court justice that agrees with him.   The only thing the Dems can do is filibuster, but they won't hold out long, they never do.  So Trump and his ilk will get whatever the hell they want.  For Four Years (at least)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Omarosa is a horrible human being,  but the real problem is that trumps staff is filled with far worse than even her. Think about the horror of the Breitbart people having actual power.If you managed to sleep last night you may not tonight after thinking about that.   Go read Breitbart. Com if you aren't familiar with how ultra far right they are. 

Oh, no argument from me.  I am well aware of Breitbart and the alt right and their agenda.  And it terrifies me that THEY now sit in a position of great power.  I didn't sleep well at all last night and I feel sick to my stomach today.  I still am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that this is the change that Trump voters think will make their life better.  They've damned your country to civil unrest and economic hardship for many years to come and it will flow over to others.  This will change not only America but the world and not for the better.  

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 12
On 11/9/2016 at 11:48 AM, kassa said:

Man, what a silly bitch.  One of my Christian friends posted a picture of this heifer in her pastors robe on FB yesterday, asking folks to pray for her and her ministry.  I posted something very nasty but thought better of it and deleted it. 

But, I will never "pray" for this arrogant, self-aggrandizing bitch who has been a failure at every job she has had.

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:23 AM, Kromm said:

Omarosa is a horrible excuse for a human being,  but the real problem is that trumps staff is filled with far worse than even her. Think about the horror of the Breitbart people having actual power.If you managed to sleep last night you may not tonight after thinking about that.   Go read Breitbart. Com if you aren't familiar with how ultra far right they are. 

There - fixed that for ya.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

There - fixed that for ya.

Please don't. I didn't have a problem with saying she was a horrible human being rather than a horrible excuse for a human being.

• Love 2

I guess the new Trump-surrogates position is to blame the "other side" for fearmongering and racism.

Like their candidate didn't live and breathe and spout those things for the last year.

Now we're fearmongering.

Gotcha'.

• Love 5
On 11/10/2016 at 5:45 PM, MulletorHater said:

Man, what a silly bitch.  One of my Christian friends posted a picture of this heifer in her pastors robe on FB yesterday, asking folks to pray for her and her ministry.  I posted something very nasty but thought better of it and deleted it. 

But, I will never "pray" for this arrogant, self-aggrandizing bitch who has been a failure at every job she has had.

Yea, Omarosa is so full of herself!  What is she "famous" for?  She was a runner-up on a dumb Reality show & she has been extending her 15 minutes of fame by attaching herself to Trump's coat-tails.

• Love 2

A new surrogate...the in house counsel for Breitbart on CNN. Lord, give me strength, because I'm going to need it for the next four years.  He makes the blond surrogates seem civil. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3
On 11/12/2016 at 8:57 AM, NewDigs said:

I guess the new Trump-surrogates position is to blame the "other side" for fearmongering and racism.

Like their candidate didn't live and breathe and spout those things for the last year.

Now we're fearmongering.

Gotcha'.

Exactly.  The right-wing morons like KAC claiming that the protests are all Obama's fault is bullshit, like Obama made Trump bash minorities at gunpoint for over a year. It wasn't Obama who basically gave bigots permission to terrorize innocent people, whether it's Muslim women having their hijabs ripped off, people of different races being physically and/or verbally attacked or worst of all, White children taunting their Latino classmates with "Build that wall!" If Trump and his minions weren't a bunch of racist, sexist, anti-semitic, anti-Muslim, homophobic and all-around ignorant assholes, then people might not be protesting in droves in the first place.  As far as I'm concerned, since Trump and his ilk made the mess, they're the ones who should clean it up. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

A new surrogate...the in house counsel for Breitbart on CNN. Lord, give me strength, because I'm going to need it for the next four years.  He makes the blond surrogates seem civil. 

The only reason these people should be on television is so their arguments can be eviscerated by mainstream experts. Don't have these assholes on unless you're going to challenge them, and challenge them hard! 

Because every time you let them get away with saying something divisive, bigoted and untrue, you're enabling their message. God, I wish The Newsroom was reality.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 11

Does anyone be else think that the new requirement from the transition team where all appointees have to agree not to lobby for 5 years will hurt Republicans? Either there will be a shortage of Republican lobbyists in a few years, or a shortage of people willing to become appointees. I know I wouldn't be willing to have my life controlled for 5 years in the future after I left a job. 

On 11/16/2016 at 10:40 PM, mythoughtis said:

Does anyone be else think that the new requirement from the transition team where all appointees have to agree not to lobby for 5 years will hurt Republicans? Either there will be a shortage of Republican lobbyists in a few years, or a shortage of people willing to become appointees. I know I wouldn't be willing to have my life controlled for 5 years in the future after I left a job. 

Who says people will adhere to this? Are they going to sign binding legal agreements?

And I won't believe it even so. The fascists and extremists Trump is putting forth for most of his appointments are going to stack the deck to help themselves in every way possible. No way they allow themselves to be hampered after they leave. 

On 11/16/2016 at 10:40 PM, mythoughtis said:

Took reply to the OK...What's next? thread.

Re Steve Bannon, to call him hateful would be an understatement. His bigotry is so toxic that liberals, moderates and conservatives alike condemn Bannon and want trump to dump him, but Trump being Trump, chances are he'll double down and keep him anyway. "Birds of a feather," etc. etc. Trump may have picked Reince Priebus-a DC insider- as his COS, but Bannon's got Trump's ear. Bannon's not just one of the many voices in Trump's head, just one of the loudest.

Another voice is Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, aka Ivanka's husband, aka "the other man." Between suggesting that three of his kids run the business and wanting Kushner to have security clearance, it's like Trump has never even heard of conflict of interest, let alone understands it. As for Kushner's intelligence, he was reportedly the one who thought that Trump would automatically inherit the White House staff. News flash, Kush: they're not slaves. It's the White House, not a plantation. In some ways, Trump is like a puppet: he does his own talking, but apparently Bannon, Kushner and Putin are pulling the strings.

• Love 3

As for Kushner's intelligence, he was reportedly the one who thought that Trump would automatically inherit the White House staff. News flash, Kush: they're not slaves. It's the White House, not a plantation.

Heh; that was my reaction, too, when I read that he was unaware they had to hire a staff: What, they thought the slaves came with the plantation?

In some ways, Trump is like a puppet: he does his own talking, but apparently Bannon, Kushner and Putin are pulling the strings.

The Washington Post ran an article about that general idea with respect to Bannon.

• Love 5

BBC News has a kind of crib sheet of the current Circle of Circle Jerks:

BBC News: Trump election: The people around the president-elect

A few fun facts pulled from it. We've all gotten a lot on Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway, so here's some of the others...:

• Wannabe AG Jeff Sessions claims he wants "one America and his commitment to equal justice under law". And yet also has said his only problem with the KKK was that he hears that they "smoke marijuana".
  • Wannabe CIA Director Mike Pompeo was a Rubio backer originally. He is a member of the Tea Party. He actively opposes closing Guantanamo Bay. Most dangerously, he actively supports the National Security Agency's bulk data collection program (and probably wants to expand it).
  • Wannabe NSA head Michael Flynn is actually a Democrat, so he's the alleged SOP to Trump crossing the aisle, but he was overheard chanting "lock her up" during rallies about Hillary Clinton. He is also enamored with Russia, has appeared in their media, and wants closer alliance with them.
  • Wannabe CoS (Chief of Staff) Reince Priebus mostly seems normal, but the big issue? His inexperience. He's never been elected to anything (a plus to Trump I guess) and has never worked for anyone making government policy. His big qualification? He's apparently buddies with Paul Ryan.
  • Wannabe SoS (Sec of State) Nikki Haley [the other possibility is Mitt Romney.... ugh] might actually have a chance because she's NOT Romney. She's also female, not white (she's Indian) and she's the one who had the Confederate Flag removed from the state capital in her state of South Carolina. Because she's Southern, she's a continuation of the Trump tendency to dig into Southern Conservatives, but she will also put on a nice face for the rest of the world.

And a ton more of people further down in the article they are speculating on.

Oh... The New York Times put this OpEd (by their entire Editorial board) up today:

Jeff Sessions as Attorney General: An Insult to Justice

Also...

Michael Flynn: An Alarming Pick for National Security Adviser

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, windsprints said:

GOP Senator Says Grabbing A Woman’s Genitals Is Not Sexual Assault

My head almost exploded.  Maybe someone should go grab his crotch and twist.

He backtracks at the end of the article.

Good grief!

GOP Senator aka next Vice effing President of the United States.

I was going to take this to the "What next?" thread and suggest this is the kind of thing to phone and complain about but, my gosh, Sessions. He's already a lock and his phone picker-upper would probably bray with laughter. 

I've been calling Trump's first picks as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Wish I was trying to be funny.

• Love 3

Flynn frightens me. He denies that Islam is a religion and that hating Muslims is rational  (paraphrasing) . Intense , uneducated freaks like that should NOT be put in positions of power. Ever. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
Stupid autocorrect
  • Love 5

In addition to his frightening (and willfully ignorant) policy proposals, Flynn's volatile temperament and utterly chaotic management style is pretty much the exact opposite of what would make for a good National Security Advisor. 

• Love 5

I don't suddenly think Mitt Romney is the greatest but he did get some respect from me for standing up against Trump during the election. But now he's meeting with him? If he puts aside his pride and his principles to take a position in Trump's cabinet... I mean, I can't muster up shock or anger anymore but it would be disappointing.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Good grief!

GOP Senator aka next Vice effing President of the United States.

Don't you mean "aka next Attorney General"?

But that's worse in the short term at least. The AG has actual power. The VP has only assigned/borrowed power from the President at best (dis-including any tie-breaking he might theoretically have to do in the Senate). 

I honestly don't know which of these nuts being handed power are scarier. The only reason Sessions isn't in the KKK is likely because at some early point he twigged to it not being good for his career. He's a horrible human being. The guy even looks like an actor playing a cartoony version of a Deep South racist.  

Every few days we get scarrier and scarrier names proposed for positions. But you know what I fear? That we will get some SANE names next for stuff like SoS, and it will cause people to forgive/forget about these other nuts we've already been presented with... allowing them to slip by.

1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

I don't suddenly think Mitt Romney is the greatest but he did get some respect from me for standing up against Trump during the election. But now he's meeting with him? If he puts aside his pride and his principles to take a position in Trump's cabinet... I mean, I can't muster up shock or anger anymore but it would be disappointing.

Romney wants SoS, that's why.

The possible alternative, Nikki Haley, would be much better for the world--although even she is from the Deep South (albeit she's the one who pulled down the Confederate Flag in South Carolina). 

Okay, folks. Talk me off the cliff. Feel myself becoming one of those crazy right wing conspiracy nuts. 

Just finished a book. Work of fiction but by an author known for her well researched characters and plots. Central to the story is white supremacy, KKK, neo nazis, etc. Per this book, they all realized a number of years ago that unless they went underground and mainstreamed into society, they would die out in jail. So, they were instructed to grow their hair out, hide their tattoos, move to suburbia and blend. 

Tell me this is not why we have Bannon, Sessions, etc. so close to the Presidency. And tell me that this is not how Trump won. Please, please talk me off this cliff!

8 hours ago, Kromm said:

Don't you mean "aka next Attorney General"?

D'OH !

8 hours ago, Kromm said:

But that's worse in the short term at least. The AG has actual power. The VP has only assigned/borrowed power from the President at best (dis-including any tie-breaking he might theoretically have to do in the Senate). 

Double D'OH ! 

Crazy train. The clowns are looking alike.

trump is bannon's puppet.  That's why preibus was installed as chief of staff.  His complete lack of experience will lead him to resign within a couple of years and bannon will have been able to rid himself of the one sane republican near trump.  He can then set his sights on the rest.  Like you, paul ryan.

• Love 1
On 11/9/2016 at 10:58 AM, mythoughtis said:

Trump won the electoral collage by a huge margin, but lost the popular vote. I agree that he won the office but I disagree with Kellyanne who says he's been given a mandate to do whatever he wants.  

290 - 232 does not a huge electoral college win make.  Clinton is ahead 1.7 million in the popular vote and it has been reported that approximately 107,000 voters in three counties decided this election.

Zero mandate for all the hate that tRump is generating.

WTF was Ari Emmanuel at Bedminster today?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Padma said:

I must be slow this morning. But what is wrong with Bondi being part of the transition team? She's a Republican AG. (Of course, the earlier corruption re: $25k to back off investigating Trump U, I totally get.  I also wonder if she intervened re: Lewandowski and Michelle Fields. ) 

But for this, isn't that just like Christie et al being involved?

ETA: I'm guessing the wall panel heat is because the ceiling is so high. Trump hates "low" ceilings (what the rest of us call "normal").

1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Her education doesn't seem be up to standard. 

Her first brush with TrumpFame was with Anderson Cooper  when she attempted to lie about her record on gay rights. She was owned by Cooper. It was a thing of beauty.

She's Florida's Attorney General and Trump has considered her for US AG.

I can do a bit more looking later but this link looks a good start. I think she was part of FL Gov. Rick Scott's great-voter-purge of 2016. She's all kinds of awful.

Can't speak directly to her education. She's not Ivied but Florida's UF and the Stetsons are considered better than decent. Don't know how well that cred. travels to the federal level. 

Hard to imagine how someone can spend so much time schooling and come out of it feeling so fully-formed and non-questioning.

• Love 2

Found the  Voter Purge info. It was 2012 and is, imho, breathtaking.

'Florida Gov. Scott says voter purge is legal, DOJ is wrong'

'Meantime, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi refused to rule out suing Homeland Security to gain access to its database for voter-registration checking. From voting to healthcare to immigration, Scott and Bondi, both Republicans, have shown few reservations in challenging the Obama administration.'

But that's even after then Florida Gov. Jeb Bush did his own voter purge.

On 20/11/2016 at 5:42 AM, Kromm said:

BBC News has a kind of crib sheet of the current Circle of Circle Jerks:

BBC News: Trump election: The people around the president-elect

A few fun facts pulled from it. We've all gotten a lot on Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway, so here's some of the others...:

• Wannabe AG Jeff Sessions claims he wants "one America and his commitment to equal justice under law". And yet also has said his only problem with the KKK was that he hears that they "smoke marijuana".
  • Wannabe CIA Director Mike Pompeo was a Rubio backer originally. He is a member of the Tea Party. He actively opposes closing Guantanamo Bay. Most dangerously, he actively supports the National Security Agency's bulk data collection program (and probably wants to expand it).
  • Wannabe NSA head Michael Flynn is actually a Democrat, so he's the alleged SOP to Trump crossing the aisle, but he was overheard chanting "lock her up" during rallies about Hillary Clinton. He is also enamored with Russia, has appeared in their media, and wants closer alliance with them.
  • Wannabe CoS (Chief of Staff) Reince Priebus mostly seems normal, but the big issue? His inexperience. He's never been elected to anything (a plus to Trump I guess) and has never worked for anyone making government policy. His big qualification? He's apparently buddies with Paul Ryan.
  • Wannabe SoS (Sec of State) Nikki Haley [the other possibility is Mitt Romney.... ugh] might actually have a chance because she's NOT Romney. She's also female, not white (she's Indian) and she's the one who had the Confederate Flag removed from the state capital in her state of South Carolina. Because she's Southern, she's a continuation of the Trump tendency to dig into Southern Conservatives, but she will also put on a nice face for the rest of the world.

And a ton more of people further down in the article they are speculating on.

Oh... The New York Times put this OpEd (by their entire Editorial board) up today:

Jeff Sessions as Attorney General: An Insult to Justice

Also...

Michael Flynn: An Alarming Pick for National Security Adviser

??

Lucky for me I live in a country where cabinet ministers are chosen from the house and senate, and there's a shadow cabinet with shadow ministers. 

Parliaments make a lot of sense. Just sayin. 

• Love 4

Jerry Falwell Jr. is in the running to be the Secy of Education. I am fucking terrified. He will make every public school adhere to a far right Christian curriculum. He's a creationist and also wants LGBT people to die.

• Love 6

I'm hoping Mitt Romney does become Secretary of State. He has shown that he can call Trump out, which Trump needs ( even if he prefers yes men).  I'm not going to hold agreeing to work for President Trump against someone if they really do want to do what's best for the country. It's the morons willing to follow Trump off a cliff I have no respect for. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

This is apparently more like a done deal than a rumor. The morning news shows are saying South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has been chosen for, & apparently accepted, the post of Trump's Ambassador to the United Nations.

March 1, 2016:

mar1.JPG

• Love 1