Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

Another Trump sobriquet: the butternut turd.

I have to say, liberals are much better at this. After HRC has won, I'd love to see a NY Times bestseller compendium of his nicknames and derogatory memes. Just to browse through and chuckle, because we know how much he hates being mocked.

• Love 7

Jezebel has used a lot of derogatory description of Trump, but today's may be my favorite.

Donald Trump—a rusted refrigerator left out in the sun until its contents rot and swell into one noxious, congealed mass

• Love 13

I had to be in PA yesterday and holy cow, so many Trump signs! Trump billboards! "Take America Back!" "Make America Great Again!" "Chinese Americans for Trump!" And the ads were horrendous - so over the top and amateurish and crude. I was angry and insulted. I knew I was pretty insulated in NJ but if this is how it is in the rest of the country, then wow, I would have been locked up for homicide a long time ago.

I know there's a forum for The Circus, but it seems kind of dead there. I'll just say this: if you can, check out their latest episode. There's a part where retired political operatives and campaign managers give their opinion of what is happening in the Trump campaign and what they think will happen tomorrow and it's really fascinating. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

They'll entrust him with the nuclear arsenal, but nothing so important as a Twitter account.

I read the entire article and the most telling paragraph in the article was this one;

"But offline, Mr. Trump still privately muses about all the ways he will punish his enemies after Election Day, including a threat to fund a “super PAC” with vengeance as its core mission."

This actually sums up his mentally disordered personality in one sentence. He borders on psychopathy and how he ever got this far is a sad commentary on exactly how many people in this country have played into the darkness and evil in his personality. The second observation was what author Tony Schwartz has said from the very beginning. "he's a dark hole." And he is struggling to suppress his bottomless need for attention.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 18
On 11/5/2016 at 5:36 PM, Kromm said:

He's literally using The Big Lie technique, constantly, which is straight from Mein Kampf. A book which he himself admitting to having read and appreciated (and this is a man who in interviews typically changes the subject really quickly when the subject of books and what he's read comes up). 

Wow, Trump actually read a book?

• Love 9

I found myself saying, yet again, How can anyone be so stupid/clueless/ignorant/gullible/illogical as to support Donald Trump.  Then it hit me - that is what Trump supporters think of people like me, that I am being ridiculous to believe what I believe when there is so much proof that I am wrong.   I imagine there are Trump supporters sitting around saying "How can the Trump haters be so  dumb as to not see that the immigrants are ruining the country, that the illegal Mexicans are the root of most of the crime, that if all countries had nukes they would be afraid to use them, that any tax plan that reduces the taxes paid by the really really rich would benefit me, that not allowing mental patients to own guns will eventually lead to the country becoming a dictatorship and we won't be able to fight back because we would have no guns, that Hillary gave classified information to a pedophile, that if abortion were illegal all babies would be born healthy and raised by loving homes, that a man who could convince a model to marry him must be a upstanding guy, that all men want to be able to grab a women wherever they want and that women like it, etc.." 

My attempt at empathy isn't helping, I still think they are stupid/clueless/ignorant/gullible/illogical for supporting him.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

They'll entrust him with the nuclear arsenal, but nothing so important as a Twitter account.

I know, right?  But, that's the logic of Coral Caligula's cabal of sycophants, mercenaries and useful idiots.  I find myself often asking, "Do they even hear themselves sometimes?"  It's as if they are in their own little Bizarro World.

The idea of limiting a 70-year-old man, who is running for president, access to Twitter is just simply mind boggling.  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Menrva said:

I know there's a forum for The Circus, but it seems kind of dead there. I'll just say this: if you can, check out their latest episode. There's a part where retired political operatives and campaign managers give their opinion of what is happening in the Trump campaign and what they think will happen tomorrow and it's really fascinating. 

Are you able to summarize at all for those who don't have Showtime? Do most of the analysts think Trump will lose or win?

• Love 1

My hope for Trump supporters (one of which I am definitely NOT) after Tuesday:

If there is one good thing to come out of Trump's campaign, it might just be the exposing of how much racism still exists in the US.  That may sound contradictory, but I think it's better than letting it fester.  Lets lance that boil.

I hope Republicans realize that obstructing the new President at every turn will be seen as ignoring the folks that voted for Trump (as well as the rest of us). I think she's is not just able to work across the aisle but WANTS to.  

In four years, Hillary will be able to say, here's what we (meaning Dems and Reps) have done to help you.  Or Ryan will have to explain why he blocked everything for no good reason, other than to be merely contrary--help for you be damned.  

I hope the extremists on both sides are overruled by members of the their own party.  The time is NOW.  Stubbornly refusing to cooperate is not only futile, it makes no sense.  Gridlock causers will not be admired for it, Bernie Sanders included.

Much as I want Trump supporters to be soundly defeated, I want there to never again be a need (real or imagined) for anyone like Trump to surface.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

His staff is said to have taken his Twitter permission away from him.

It amazes me that any of them can shut off their soul enough to say "hey this guy we can't trust to run his own Twitter account?  You should totally let him control our nuclear arsenal."  How do they sleep at night?  Even if they don't give two shits about the rest of us, do they not realize that, like the rest of us, they are, in fact, not impervious to nuclear weapons?  

13 hours ago, callmebetty said:

I've said before and I'll probably say it a hundred more times, I love Open Mic night Obama.

Absolutely.  

12 hours ago, NextIteration said:

Twitter is melting down laughing at this display of utter ignorance.  tRump doesn't understand that there is this stuff called software...

eta: This stupid notion originated with Gen Flynn and someone else (don't care to go look) that spontaneously posted the same stupid shit on twitter.  KAC repeated in her interviews on MSNBC.  Ship of fools.

Reading Gen. Flynn's Twitter account, you start to realize why Trump says he's smarter than the Generals.  He's assuming they're all as stupid as General Flynn.  

3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

dont-trump-hed-2016.jpg

I can so easily see Trump (or Don Jr or Kellyanne) RT'ing this proudly, as a sign in support of him.  "Look, everyone loves Trump!" I love when they stupidly RT something that is actually a rip on him.  

• Love 16

Okay, this bullshit just got funny last night on Sean Hannity's show. He put up the graph of the United State electoral map. He went rambling around State to State pointing out and highlighting those States that Trump is projected to win. Then he went to the 'must win' States that are up in the air, like Florida, North Carolina, Nevada and Pennsylvania. He continued with "let's say that Nevada goes Republican" and "what if Florida...." "suppose that the North of Maine".  Essentially the so-called victory of Donald Trump was based entirely on the 'what if's and let's say' rather than actual polling and on the ground estimates.

I wanted to get a video from that display last night just to illustrate how utterly desperate Sean Hannity and Fox are, but it hasn't been uploaded to YouTube yet. But I did find this video posted on October 26th. You can't even imagine how creative and inventive Sean Hannity got with his map last night. It was visible desperation.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Okay, this bullshit just got funny last night on Sean Hannity's show. He put up the graph of the United State electoral map. He went rambling around State to State pointing out and highlighting those States that Trump is projected to win. Then he went to the 'must win' States that are up in the air, like Florida, North Carolina, Nevada and Pennsylvania. He continued with "let's say that Nevada goes Republican" and "what if Florida...." "suppose that the North of Maine".  Essentially the so-called victory of Donald Trump was based entirely on the 'what if's and let's say' rather than actual polling and on the ground estimates.

I wanted to get a video from that display last night just to illustrate how utterly desperate Sean Hannity and Fox are, but it hasn't been uploaded to YouTube yet. But I did find this video posted on October 26th. You can't even imagine how creative and inventive Sean Hannity got with his map last night. It was visible desperation.

I wonder if this fool will be the one who will have the on-air meltdown this year since Rove all but admitted that Coral Caligula has no chance of winning.  I suspect that Rove was playing it safe just in case and that he's looking ahead to the midterms.

Rove's meltdown in 2012 was a thing of beauty!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Surprise, surprise.  According to Amazon, Trump's "Make America Great Again" hats are embroidered in the US, but made in China.

Yes, big surprise. And that's how he justified charging $25 for a ball cap--that they were Made in the USA.  I wish I could feel compassion, empathy...something good for the deplorable people who adore Trump and are filled with hate for Hillary. I know its a form of brainwashing, and has reached cult level, but I can't. Those rallies just get scarier and scarier (I wondered if MSNBC swapped Peter Alexander with Katie Tur because of it). The hatred Trump stirs up toward those in his "press pen" is despicable--and imo very underreported, probably because -they're- trying to keep it "professional".

• Love 12

I'm not American, but from what I see here and on social media, I can't understand why anyone would still vote for Trump, how far dose he have to go before, some of his followers turn against him. From some of the things I'm seeing, dose he really have a shot at winning? Some people are freaking out, and though, it might have no effect on me if he wins, I find that possibility frightening. I hope he doesn't win and that come Tuesday, we will all be cheering his defeat at the polls. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Trump At It Again

Once again Trump is going after refugees. I love that there was some pushback from Minnesota residents on Twitter defending the Somali refugees.

I was one of them.  I'm disgusted that he tried this ploy, absolutely disgusted.  There are so many, many good people here from Somalia, yes - we've made the news and there have been issues (though I gotta say, I feel like some of them were pure entrapment by the FBI and paid informants) but to come here, where hopefully Minneapolis will elect it's first Somalian (female) State Senator and talk that shit just infuriates me. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, NextIteration said:

Twitter is melting down laughing at this display of utter ignorance.  tRump doesn't understand that there is this stuff called software...

eta: This stupid notion originated with Gen Flynn and someone else (don't care to go look) that spontaneously posted the same stupid shit on twitter.  KAC repeated in her interviews on MSNBC.  Ship of fools.

But Baron knows all about the cyber . . .

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Eye of the Tiger is an entirely different song, by Survivor.

Yep. The original poster was talking about the Katy Perry song Roar, which has the lyric "I've got the eye of the tiger" in it & they mistakenly called it Eye of the Tiger.

• Love 1

I have to continue to have hope! I will  not give up on that hope. So many great things have been accomplished that there has to be enough good people within the system for that to have happened .  Those things happened because voters chose leaders who would do just that. I trust we have enough good and sane people who will do the right thing. I have to believe that . I know this simplistic, but right now I just need it simple.

Frodo and the fellowship are going to get that ring to Mordor.

Luke Skywalker and the rebels are going to destroy the Death Star.

The Chicago Cubs are going to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the World Series and become World Champions after 108 years.

These things I hold onto and I hold onto that hope that in two days I can say President Hillary Rodham Clinton , 45th President of these United States of America . 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Yep. The original poster was talking about the Katy Perry song Roar, which has the lyric "I've got the eye of the tiger" in it & they mistakenly called it Eye of the Tiger.

Just as an aside:  I heard a DJ mix the two songs and it was fantastic.

I have so many questions for Trump fans, but if I had to ask two, they would be

1.  Has he brought his clothing companies back to the US yet or has he said when he plans to do this?

2.  What is his policy on blocking illegal immigrants from over seas?  He talks about the wall, but there are cities near me who are having a big problem with illegal immigrants from Asia.  A wall's not going to stop them. 

I still can't believe that his candidacy is a thing.  I have a FB friend who was in two marriages with guys who abused her.  One was physically abusing her and having an affair, the other was very threatening and in the end didn't simply leave her, he stole some expensive things she paid for with her own hard earned money and sold them so he could keep the money.  And this woman is a die-hard Trump fan!  I don't understand the women who are voting for this man.

• Love 6

Just saw John Ralston interviewed from Nev.  Everyone seems to agree that he is a super-guru on Nevada politics.  He said--and I want to quote him exactly--"Trump is dead in Nevada."

• Love 14
1 minute ago, NinjaPenguins said:

MulletorHater, I just wanted to tell you that Coral Caligula really tickles my funny bone. Is that your invention?

Yes!  I thought of it yesterday when I read NYT's article yesterday:  Trump's Last Stand

I commented that he seemed less like Hitler and more like Caligula in this article especially given the unenviable job that his inner circle has to do to keep him pacified and to feed his delusions of grandeur.  He has always surrounded himself with people who will tell him what he wants to hear and this article is indicative of how he will run his administration should the unthinkable happen.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Padma said:

I really despise Kellyanne. She seems like the worst political mercenary around (well, Lewandowski's a thug, a weasel and a liar, and Bannon's probably worse, of course, because of his vile beliefs, but they wisely keep the campaign's "CEO" out of sight. 

I cannot wait until I no longer have to see her smug mug on my tv.  I just want to punch her.  I wouldn't, even if given the opportunity, but I want to so badly.

53 minutes ago, Grace19 said:

I'm not American, but from what I see here and on social media, I can't understand why anyone would still vote for Trump, how far dose he have to go before, some of his followers turn against him. From some of the things I'm seeing, dose he really have a shot at winning? Some people are freaking out, and though, it might have no effect on me if he wins, I find that possibility frightening. I hope he doesn't win and that come Tuesday, we will all be cheering his defeat at the polls. 

I can't speak for all Trump supporters (and believe me, no way do I want to), but I do know a local Republican lawyer who's holding his nose and voting for Trump because he's sure that any Supreme Court nominees submitted by Hillary Clinton will be liberal, and he thinks the Supreme Court should go conservative.  I disagree with him completely, but I can at least see where he's coming from.  He's never shown himself to be racist or misogynist, just wrongheaded on this.  He may not be representative of the vast majority of Trump supporters, but his perspective does reflect at least some of that support.

25 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I did realize that - sorry, I didn't mean to cause confusion.  I know a lot of people who do that to song titles.  (Sidenote: my senior class used the Survivor song for the theme of our homecoming float.  Yes, I am old.)

And now I have Eye of the Tiger stuck in my head.  Thanks.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 3

Very nice, MulletorHater. To me, he is a uniquely American blend of those two historic asshats. Right now, he seems to be acting like you know who in the bunker. Blustering and bloviating but knowing deep down inside it's over. And then there's his anti-Semitic last gasp ad, which made my jaw drop to the floor when I saw it.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Just as an aside:  I heard a DJ mix the two songs and it was fantastic.

I have so many questions for Trump fans, but if I had to ask two, they would be

1.  Has he brought his clothing companies back to the US yet or has he said when he plans to do this?

2.  What is his policy on blocking illegal immigrants from over seas?  He talks about the wall, but there are cities near me who are having a big problem with illegal immigrants from Asia.  A wall's not going to stop them. 

I still can't believe that his candidacy is a thing.  I have a FB friend who was in two marriages with guys who abused her.  One was physically abusing her and having an affair, the other was very threatening and in the end didn't simply leave her, he stole some expensive things she paid for with her own hard earned money and sold them so he could keep the money.  And this woman is a die-hard Trump fan!  I don't understand the women who are voting for this man.

That's really hard to believe that a twice-abused woman would support a man that has no respect for women. But rather than women like your friend being attracted to abusive men, I tend to think of it the opposite way. Abusive men are attracted to women exactly like your friend. But a women being vulnerable, either as a result of a recent occurrence or through her natural disposition, she will be drawn in by the abuser. It's as if they feel at a lower place in some way, inferior and lacking self-esteem. It is then only natural for them to be attracted to a male that appears to posses that which they don't have. In order to attract a man who is not abusive, it's  important for women like that to let go of what they associate as something familiar and therefore safe. Maybe your friend sees a father figure, one that may be familiar to her in her childhood, and maybe that father figure wasn't all that nice.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

Now that the FBI's latest investigation into "those damned emails" has vindicated Hillary again, Trump being Trump, he not only refuses to admit defeat, he bitches about the system being "rigged" for the umpteenth time. On top of that, the Big Orange Baby had his favorite toy, aka Twitter, taken away from him. I think the reason why Trump wore one of his fugly hats when he broke the news to his minions was because he didn't want them to see how much his head had exploded. Serves his whiny, orange ass right for making promises that IMO he can't keep, such as his first act as President being having Hillary arrested. News flash, Donny: imprisoning your political opponents is what the dictator of a banana republic does, not the president of a constitutional one. As for Trump's tantrum about Hillary's celebrity support, another news flash, Donny: if you weren't an ex-reality star, chances are most of your minions wouldn't give a shit about you. If you could get Beyonce', Jay-Z, Katy Perry, LeBron James and Springsteen ( to name a few) to even give you the time of day, let alone their support, you'd use them in a heartbeat.

Regarding Melania, once again she proves that the more she tries to help Donald, the more she hurts him; first, when she stole Michelle Obama's speech at the Republican convention,  then her infamous interview with Anderson Cooper, in which she blamed Billy Bush & Trump's accusers for Trump's actions and then there was her speech from last week-which Trump basically forced her to give-where she denounced cyber bullying, which might have been convincing if she wasn't married to someone who's arguably the biggest cyberbully in the world. Trump even recently had a two-page article in the New York Times dedicated to everything and everyone he's insulted on Twitter. It seems like everytime someone rubs Trump the wrong way, he's got to tweet about it-until now, anyway. If Trump gets elected, it'll just be one Twitter feud after another. As far as I'm concerned, Melania lecturing about bullies is about as believable as Trump lecturing about civility. 

About one of Trump's accusers dropping her rape case against him, it's heartbreaking, but not surprising. I don't blame her, I blame Trump and his more deranged sycophants for possibly threatening her and probably her family too. As Trump has proven time and time again, he will do anything to anyone to win and Heaven help anyone who even tries to get in his way. However, something tells me that Trump's not gonna get his way this time because I won't let him. Come tomorrow, I'll be Trump's worst nightmare: a person of color-and a woman!-who's voting against him. I could have voted absentee, but I chose not to because I'm not giving Trump and his goons the satisfaction of intimidating me. I'm not disrespecting those who have voted early by any means, I'm just saying that it's just my way of honoring my ancestors who have paved the way. Too many people have fought and/or died for my right to vote and I'm not gonna let anyone-especially Trump and his Gestapo-take that away from me. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 20
12 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I can't speak for all Trump supporters (and believe me, no way do I want to), but I do know a local Republican lawyer who's holding his nose and voting for Trump because he's sure that any Supreme Court nominees submitted by Hillary Clinton will be liberal, and he thinks the Supreme Court should go conservative.  I disagree with him completely, but I can at least see where he's coming from.  He's never shown himself to be racist or misogynist, just wrongheaded on this.  He may not be representative of the vast majority of Trump supporters, but his perspective does reflect at least some of that support.

I'm sure your Republican lawyer is very smart and he's going to vote for Trump because of upcoming Supreme court justice nominations. But, a Supreme Court Justice must be approved by Congress. President Obama nominated Merrick Garland to fill the seat left by Antonin Scalia's death. Since Republicans control the Senate they refused to even hold a vote on his appointment. Donald Trump, if he's elected, will do a lot more than threaten to get rid of all the sitting Justices but he's gone even further by threatening to eliminated the EPA entirely, clean out all Democratic leaning FBI agents and build a new FBI force of all agents sympathetic to his cause of erasing minorities from Mexico, banning all Muslims from entering the US and vilifying all remaining US Muslim citizens.

Donald Trump would wield tremendous power over this country with the assistance of people like Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani. I have even hear it said that as President, Donald Trump would seek to eliminate all future Presidential elections. Essentially he would systematically erase all pretense of a democratic society in favor of a dictatorship.

• Love 2

Last night on one of the MSNBC shows, someone told the story of Kellyanne Conway asking Donald what would make him happy.  He told her he just wanted to fly around the country giving rallies.  He just expects everyone to come to him, to cheer for him, to listen to him spew hate, while he does nothing but feed off their attention like some creepy, perverted vampire.  He's so pathetic.

• Love 15

Donald Trump will win Minnesota by stopping by the airport today

Um....yeah....all righty then...(snarking at the idea, not the poster!)

We got caught in some of the flocking deplorables traffic for his layover and I so wanted a bag of Cheetos to hurl out my window, but that would have been aggressive, not properly Minnesotan passive-aggressive. ;)

Kornacki on MSNBC (who is way too excited about tapping/drawing on a map) said that Drumpster's campaign was trying to draw voters from the Iron Range. Because, you know, he's going to bring back all those taconite mining jobs and screw the Boundary Waters and other wilderness preserves. Or just scream about Somali immigrants. Kornacki did keep repeating what a long shot it was. 

Fly away now, Drumpster. As the song says, 'Girl, don't go away mad. Girl, just go away.'

Inside Donald Trump’s Last Stand: An Anxious Nominee Seeks Assurance

I'm sorry, but...knock, knock, media?! Anyone home?  Many of us could have told you this guy was a vapid attention whore back in the eighties. Where was this piece back when it might have actually had some impact? You know, before we came this close to electing this f*ckhead? Where was the nuance in revealing this guy back when it would have counted? For that matter, where is the nuance and complexity in ANY candidate's coverage?

Here's what I'd like to read after the election: a book that honestly assesses the media's relationship with politics and explains where we, the peabrained consumers, are supposed to find our non-corporate-profit-driven in depth coverage. 

I admit that one of the writers of that piece somehow gets  my inner 'tween "twee/squee", but I heard him give an interview once where he said that, after a Trump rally, where the press was booed, heckled, etc., DT called him on the phone and said, "hey, how'd you like the rally?" I don't know - something just felt off to me. It's as though the media now view themselves as Hollywood celebrities and all that's important is an image-driven, simple story to make them look important. It's all about appearance and we little people out here in reality are supposed to clap or Tweet or swoon or boo or whatever...just not process the information or think or demand more in-depth and thoughtful reporting.

I mean, really, on top of everything else, I have to change my guilty crush to Ezra Klein from Vox?  This madness needs to end now. 

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 5

It's all about power, plain and simple to some of these Washington establishment Trump supporters.  

One of  Ted Cruz's campaign staff, after repeating that Trump accused his father as linked with JFK's assasination, of belittling Ted's wife's looks compared to Melania, of giving him the moniker 'lying Ted' said she was voting for him over Hillary.

it doesn't matter what he says or does  to these people.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Last night on one of the MSNBC shows, someone told the story of Kellyanne Conway asking Donald what would make him happy.  He told her he just wanted to fly around the country giving rallies.

Exactly.  I would so love to be a fly on the wall Tuesday evening once the election is called for Clinton.  Donald is going to have such an epic meltdown he could actually stroke out.  I figure he's going to cycle back and forth between absolute rage and utter depression.  And no more rallies to cheer himself up!  However much of a train wreck he's been, is going to be dialed up to Titanic levels in a little over 24 hours.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Donald Trump would wield tremendous power over this country with the assistance of people like Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani.

Hopefully both of them will end up disgraced or in jail.  Christie for Bridgegate and Giuliani for being part of the Breitbart-Mercer-Kallstrom-FBI-Comey mess.  Cummings and Conyers are not going to let the FBI or Giuliani off the hook here.  Some of the Republicans in the House might find themselves under investigation as well. 

Steve Schmidt said that the actions of the FBI make them like some secret police organization in a banana republic.  It's just one more institution that Cheetos Mussolini is willing to tear down in his quest to not lose.

• Love 21
33 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Last night on one of the MSNBC shows, someone told the story of Kellyanne Conway asking Donald what would make him happy.  He told her he just wanted to fly around the country giving rallies.  He just expects everyone to come to him, to cheer for him, to listen to him spew hate, while he does nothing but feed off their attention like some creepy, perverted vampire.  He's so pathetic.

Apparently, feeding his bottomless need for attention and adoration is more important than having a solid ground game.  This is exactly what his M.O. will be if he wins.  He expects Pence and his cabinet to do all the work, while he flies around the country on Air Force One (made over to look like a porn movie producer's worst nightmare) and "make America great again."

However, Drumpf's supporters are not without blame for feeding his narcissism.  Calling him a creepy, perverted vampire is right on the money.  The man is a blood sucker, who drains the life force out of everyone he comes into contact with.  As I learned when reading Bram Stoker's Dracula years ago, a vampire can only gain entry to his victim when he's invited.  And, that's exactly what Drumpf's adoring crowds did, as well as the Republican Party.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Given the rumors of Trump Tv. I expect Donald to have a talk show (ala. Sarah Palin) to be able to be fawned over daily. 

I can't see this giving Donald the same kind of rush though.  He's been (gag) successful on TV.  I don't think that will fill the gap left by thousands (gag) of people cheering his name.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Given the rumors of Trump Tv. I expect Donald to have a talk show (ala. Sarah Palin) to be able to be fawned over daily. 

I agree. He'll have a need to retain some type of platform to spew his hate to the masses.

• Love 4

I wonder if he will keep giving rallies (i.e. "talks") and charge his followers for attending?  They would pay and 10,000 people at $10, $20, (maybe $100 with the chance to meet him), would add up to some nice cash and salve his ego (and make trouble for Clinton and "the establishment") all at once!

I would laugh to see the reaction when they realized their hero was charging them now for listening to him.  (Hey! Still a bargain compared to $30,000 for Trump U!)

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Frost said:

And no more rallies to cheer himself up! 

I'm willing to bet folding money that the last Trump Rally will not be on this side of the election.  I'm not being at all facetious saying that I don't believe he's capable of going cold turkey, withdrawing from the adulation of those rabid, slavering crowds screaming his name.  He's addicted to that high.

5 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Oh my God, how is it that it only just occurred to me that there was a politics/election forum here? I'm off to read the first 50 pages, be right back!

It's a very recent development.  There wasn't much fanfare about this new "Off-Topic" category, so pretty low-key, but like that gentle rain that falleth, Thank God for the quality of PTV's mercy.

My gaskets would have blown by now.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, HumblePi said:

That's really hard to believe that a twice-abused woman would support a man that has no respect for women. But rather than women like your friend being attracted to abusive men, I tend to think of it the opposite way. Abusive men are attracted to women exactly like your friend. But a women being vulnerable, either as a result of a recent occurrence or through her natural disposition, she will be drawn in by the abuser. It's as if they feel at a lower place in some way, inferior and lacking self-esteem. It is then only natural for them to be attracted to a male that appears to posses that which they don't have. In order to attract a man who is not abusive, it's  important for women like that to let go of what they associate as something familiar and therefore safe. Maybe your friend sees a father figure, one that may be familiar to her in her childhood, and maybe that father figure wasn't all that nice.

It's not hard to believe. People gravitate toward what they are comfortable with, even if it's bad for them.  I have learned this after watching my friends almost without fail create the same marriages their parents had. If their parents got along well and home life was generally peaceful, they developed peaceful, mutually respectful marriages/relationships. If what they grew up with was fighting and volatility, that's what they subconsciously seeked out in a partnership. So it's not tough for me to believe at all that a woman who gravitates toward abusive relationships would double down on Trump for President.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lordonia said:

Are you able to summarize at all for those who don't have Showtime? Do most of the analysts think Trump will lose or win?

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner to this, but here goes:

Basically, Trump has no path to victory. This comes from people on both sides, republican and democrat. They disagreed on how wide a margin Hillary would win by, but they all said Trump is going to lose. These are men (yes, all men) who worked for both Bushes, McCain, Romney and others over the years. One man (forgive me, I can't recall his name now) told a story of how when he was quite young and working on the McGovern campaign, he got stuck having to tell McGovern he was going to lose. It was only a few days to the election and his crowds were huge, but the polling numbers did not support a victory. They had to basically occupy their candidate with rallies and appearances to distract him from the fact that he could not win. And they had to do this for days. This is what these veteran campaigners all saw happening in the Trump campaign. Everyone knows it's over except Trump and they have to keep up the charade just a little bit longer.

I'll try to get you more details later when I have time!

• Love 10