Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

9 hours ago, Lunata said:

Turkish police officer Mevlut Mert Aydintas, who worked for Ankara riot police for over two years assassinated Andrey Karlov. He had graduated from the police academy in Turkey and worked for the police but the 22-year-old called in sick on the day of the attack and promised to bring a doctor's note for his supervisors. In the video, it's obvious that his behavior was just not right. He was going over this in his mind, even checking the clip or safety on his weapon a couple of times. He paced from right to left. Even his body language standing with legs spread apart should have been a warning sign to security personnel. I just cannot understand how a high ranking Russian Ambassador is allowed to speak publicly in an art gallery with virtually no security police present. I'm sure that John Kerry has a lot of secret service surrounding him and kept nearby when he's abroad.

Watching that, this thing is all kinds of hinky.  I seriously wonder, was the Ambassador told that this "off duty officer" was his security by someone?  It's just so weird to me that this guy is just pacing back there, by himself, as the Ambassador is speaking, and nobody seems to think anything of it.  Something is off here, and this was almost definitely not a one man thing.  

6 hours ago, ari333 said:

This turd is going to run us all, and civilization as a whole,  off a cliff. And I cant pick up and move to a blue state. All I can pray for is that they  cant change everything immediately. I hope we at least get to 2018 to cope. Otherwise, I'm doomed. Like Origami said, I need some medicines to stay alive. I'm in Kentucky. I'm scared.

The really sad part is that my health was recovering and I was hoping to be well enough to work and get off all this. (not yet but getting there) My neighbor told me that they're cancelling vision and dental..... two things I desperately need as well as other health issues (recovered from a stroke) Icant sleep..... Sorry for the rant.

Jumping topics.

I cant fathom how rump gives two shits about who marries whom. Frankly I don't see why anyone cares. Let people live. GEES.

I'm so sorry you have to worry about all of this as you're recovering.  It's inexcusable in this country for people to need to suffer any economic anxiety over health care.  

Paul Ryan tweeted today about how deductibles have gone up and up under ObamaCare, like it's a feature of the law.  I responded "and who's raised them?  The insurance companies who donate to your campaigns? I wonder why you don't call them out."  I honestly believe that, aside from the racist aspects of the GOP attacks on President Obama, the ACA has actually been their biggest concern and the driving force behind their animosity.  I'd love to see a breakdown of campaign contributions from the big insurance companies over the years, to see if there is a great increase once President Obama was elected.  Obviously, the insurance companies do not want us to get to a point where we have a single payer system.  The best way for them to fight that was to get their bought and paid for GOP candidates (at state and federal levels) to undermine the ACA as much as possible, while acting like the undermining they're doing is a "feature" of the law, and not just their bullshit. So we have GOP controlled states who refused to expand Medicare even when, in some cases, refusing to do so actually cost them a decent chunk of federal money.  When the people who would have benefited from that expansion in their states find themselves screwed over, they're told it's because of ObamaCare.  Insurance companies, meanwhile, raise deductibles and co-pays (like my husband's employer provided plan, which randomly raised the ER co-pay from $75 to $500 last year) on all plans, even those that have nothing to do with the ACA marketplace, and the word put out is that it's "because of ObamaCare."  People are having difficulties with their insurance, they're finding they have to pay too much, and they're being told it's the fault of the ACA, and they believe it.  So they vote for the politician who tells them "we're going to repeal ObamaCare."   The GOP could not, under any circumstances, let the people fully see how good the ACA could be for them, because then they'd have no leg to stand on when they campaigned on repealing it.  

6 hours ago, Lana X said:

I find it odd that people like john oliver, stephen colbert, and trevor noah seem to call out trump and fact check him more than say CNN. 

comedians are the new journalists. wow

I've been saying this for a while now - the real journalists are the comedians.  I think it's in large part because they don't have the same fear as the journalists have of losing access.  They don't need a press pass or to get any face to face time with Trump to cover him.  He provides all the material they need in his rallies and over social media, and his talking heads provide the rest in their appearances on Fox, CNN, etc.  This frees them up, and, as a result, they're being more direct and actually fact checking his shit, while the media is busy trying to play his game.  

Donald Trump's supporters didn't care that he sexually assaulted women. They certainly would not have cared about saying racial slurs and so on.

once again: nobody cares.

we all gotta care more about stupid emails than say degrading each other. 

GAH. i need to build a bunker. LOL

I think that the only thing in what Tom Arnold describes that could be an issue for them is the "retard" comment.  And, even that depends on the context and which son he said it about.  If he was talking about Barron, given the speculation that he's on the Autism spectrum, that could be an issue for some.  I know of a few of his supporters who have special needs children (a couple with autistic children and one whose child has Downs).  If Trump called his young, possibly autistic, child a "retard," that would be a huge thing to them.  Hearing a rumor he said it won't get them, but that tape released, and seeing him smiling and calling his child that, so it's undeniable that he said it?  That would be too much for them and, I'm guessing, many like them.  Not his whole base, obviously, but it would make a difference to some of them.  

Now, if he was "jokingly" calling Junior or Eric that because they messed something up or said something dumb?  I think they'd still be offended, but it wouldn't be as big of a deal.  They'd shrug it off as "a lot of people stupidly use that as an insult, and, hopefully, he'll learn from this not to do so in the future."  

but celebrity culture has always existed as long as there have been celebrities. I dont understand how this new wave of the rich and famous have created all this.

I think that this particular era of celebrity culture is one where it's all about what you have, who you know, and how many social media followers you have, and not genuine hard work and talent.   And there's not much dignity to it.  Yes, there has always been a celebrity culture, but it's never been like this, in my opinion.  

5 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Honestly, I think Mango Mussolini could rape a woman in front of some of his followers and they'd be fine with it, just as long as the resulting baby couldn't be aborted.  Because abortion is just wrong.  And I'm not even joking here.

Sadly, I think you're right.  Some of them would accept him raping someone.  As for the abortion?  There's different rules for the wealthy and the rest of us.  Trump can have a mistress (or a rape victim) get an abortion, because, well, he's rich and powerful.  None of them hold his telling Marla to abort Tiffany against him.  They look at it as some gold digger got pregnant on purpose to trap him and make money.  

5 hours ago, backformore said:

Trump constantly criticized Obama for NOT impulsively calling any instance of violence "radical Islamic terrorism" before the facts were in.  I guess now, we won't have to wait for facts, Trump will use whatever label suits him at the time.

And that label will always be "radical Islamic terrorism" when it comes to something bad happening in the world.  Hell, he'll probably start branding school shootings with it, even though the odds are incredibly low that the school shooter fits the bill.  

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I think that the only thing in what Tom Arnold describes that could be an issue for them is the "retard" comment.  And, even that depends on the context and which son he said it about.  If he was talking about Barron, given the speculation that he's on the Autism spectrum, that could be an issue for some.  I know of a few of his supporters who have special needs children (a couple with autistic children and one whose child has Downs).  If Trump called his young, possibly autistic, child a "retard," that would be a huge thing to them.  Hearing a rumor he said it won't get them, but that tape released, and seeing him smiling and calling his child that, so it's undeniable that he said it?  That would be too much for them and, I'm guessing, many like them.  Not his whole base, obviously, but it would make a difference to some of them.  

Now, if he was "jokingly" calling Junior or Eric that because they messed something up or said something dumb?  I think they'd still be offended, but it wouldn't be as big of a deal.  They'd shrug it off as "a lot of people stupidly use that as an insult, and, hopefully, he'll learn from this not to do so in the future."  

I don't want to speculate on whether or not Barron has autism because I just think that's kind of gross and irresponsible to do without ever having met the child. However, considering Trump thinks there is a link between vaccines and autism, it wouldn't shock me to find out one of Trump's kids is on the spectrum somewhere.

• Love 1

Mount Rushmore is the Mount Olympus of U.S. presidents.   You can bet your bippy he has his eye on it.

Only if he can figure out how to charge people exorbitant amounts to gaze upon his image and no way does he want to share billing with anyone.  He probably wants a new mountain with his mug and Ivanka's next to him.   He'll be stabbing a bald eagle through the eye and she'll be wearing a piece of jewelry that the will be sold exclusively in the gift shop.  And online.  And at his hotels.  

All proceeds will go to the Trump Foundation....of course.  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, AmandaPanda said:

I don't want to speculate on whether or not Barron has autism because I just think that's kind of gross and irresponsible to do without ever having met the child. However, considering Trump thinks there is a link between vaccines and autism, it wouldn't shock me to find out one of Trump's kids is on the spectrum somewhere.

I agree.  I hope it didn't come off that I was speculating, because I do think that any politician's underage kids should be off limits, and in particular, it shouldn't be OK to speculate about something like that based on the poor kid seeming shy and overwhelmed when faced with the screaming hordes and cameras at rallies.  But, given that the speculation is out there and public knowledge, it makes that "retard" comment by him a big deal, if it's released.  Because parents who have autistic children themselves are not going to take kindly to the idea that someone who may have a child on the spectrum himself used that word (especially to describe that child, if that's what happened).  

In other words, in this case, it doesn't even matter whether the speculation is true (and I wouldn't hazard a guess either way).  It won't be a good look for him, regardless.  And he can't clear up the speculation as true or false in conjunction with the video, because that is a huge no-win situation.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I've been saying this for a while now - the real journalists are the comedians.  I think it's in large part because they don't have the same fear as the journalists have of losing access.  

But credit where credit is due here, the comedians actually aren’t the ones who are being journalists. They’re just the ones smart enough to publicize the work of good journalists. Jon Oliver made a point on his show of correcting the impression that he’s an investigative journalist and gave credit to the guy who had actually done the work of getting the information for one of the stories he did.

I do think sometimes they’re doing the work themselves—for instance, if somebody says something they can find proof that they said something else before that. But it’s a good thing that these guys still see themselves as comedians and are really trying to encourage real journalism. They call people out when they see them doing a bad job but want to encourage real investigative reporters too.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, sistermagpie said:

But credit where credit is due here, the comedians actually aren’t the ones who are being journalists. They’re just the ones smart enough to publicize the work of good journalists. Jon Oliver made a point on his show of correcting the impression that he’s an investigative journalist and gave credit to the guy who had actually done the work of getting the information for one of the stories he did.

I do think sometimes they’re doing the work themselves—for instance, if somebody says something they can find proof that they said something else before that. But it’s a good thing that these guys still see themselves as comedians and are really trying to encourage real journalism. They call people out when they see them doing a bad job but want to encourage real investigative reporters too.

True.  I should have said more that it's the comedians and their crew who are being the real journalists.  (And that crew extends to include the journalists who don't specifically work for them regularly but are contributing material for stories).  Oliver's pool of journalistic sources is outstanding, and they're doing serious work - digging and covering unique stories in a very indepth manner, cultivating their own sources and information instead of just pulling what is already out there reported elsewhere.  They're amazing.  

• Love 7

Okay, I just want to make sure:  you guys aren't actually posting pictures of adorable kittens, right?  That's the Chrome add-on I installed that turns that Awful Apricot into a kitty?  

Because, my god, that's the best add-on ever.  

ETA: And it changes the pictures each time I reload the page.  Oh bless the person who came up with that, they are a true gift to the world.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I don't think his supporters would give a flying goddamn that he used the word retard - only snowflake libtards care about being PC. And if he used racial slurs on that tape, they'd just cheer him on.

If he called his youngest son a retard because he's autistic, the only people who would be horrified on the kid's behalf is us.

Edited by random chance
typo
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, random chance said:

I don't think his supporters would give a flying goddamn that he used the word retard - only snowflake libtards care about being PC. And if he used racial slurs on that tape, they'd just cheer him on.

They only get outraged if a liberal says something like that and they can jump on it as proof that they're the real bigots or whatever. Respectful language is the another thing that can be used only against people who actually believe in it.

• Love 1

President-elect Trump is facing widespread criticism for picking David Friedman to be the next U.S. ambassador to Israel. For years, Friedman has served as president of American Friends of Beit El Institutions, which has raised millions of dollars to support illegal Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank. Friedman, who has no diplomatic experience, has also worked as a bankruptcy attorney for Trump for the past 15 years. He supports Israel’s Jewish-only settlements in the occupied West Bank and says he doesn’t think it would be illegal for Israel to annex the entire Palestinian territory, despite the fact that it would be blatantly illegal under international law.

This appointment which needs to still be confirmed, of course, confirms our worst fears about what the Trump administration intends in terms of its approach to Israel-Palestine. Mr. Friedman is to the extreme right of—even in Israel, he’s to the right of Prime Minister Netanyahu. And I think that this really confirms that Trump’s approach to Israel-Palestine is going to really reinforce apartheid, promote annexation and not show any concern for the rights of Palestinians or for Israelis who really want peace.

2562088553.jpg

Filling up the Trump swamp

• Love 6
1 hour ago, stillshimpy said:

Okay, I just want to make sure:  you guys aren't actually posting pictures of adorable kittens, right?  That's the Chrome add-on I installed that turns that Awful Apricot into a kitty?  

Because, my god, that's the best add-on ever.  

ETA: And it changes the pictures each time I reload the page.  Oh bless the person who came up with that, they are a true gift to the world.  

Ha. I was thinking the same thing, as I also downloaded the add-on. I wish they'd mix it up between puppies and kittens, though, as I'm a dog person. But still pretty great.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lunata said:

The Wrap reported that two Republican standbys, Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, were willing, but nothing has been announced. Maybe the transition team is afraid that Ted Nugent might grab his dick again at the inauguration.

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I don't think the Secret Service will let Ted get that close to Orange.

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!  Thanks for giving my nightly chuckle.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Haha, between the $500,000 Sheen/Messing video urging electors to dump Trump and this video the left keeps shooting itself in the foot. MTV had to delete the video in less than 48 hours:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/12/20/mtv_news_tells_white_guys_what_they_could_do_better_in_2017.html

The Sheen video was a desperate measure, but then, these are desperate times.   Its Achilles heel was the use of -- what was it Trump's people called them?  "Unemployed actors?"   There's no denying it, that's what they were.   When's the last time Loretta Switt was on film?    I knew instantly that would be the criticism because you automatically think, "If this is such an important cause, why are there no A-list celebrities?  Where's George Clooney?  Where's Robert Deniro?   Did these out-to-pasture celebrities agree only because they have nothing to lose anymore?"   

I think you're broad-brushing though by attributing all protest to "the left."   I'm an Independent centrist.   I vote for what's good for the country, not for what serves my special interests.   I'm pro-American business, all for having a strong military, anti illegal immigration, very concerned about ISIS and sick of political correctness.   At the same time, I believe in civil rights, Obamacare, and the freedom to be whomever you please.   So some of what Trump was selling resonated in the beginning, and I thought, well, if he becomes President maybe it wouldn't be terrible.   But as time went on and Trump's thin veneer of civility quickly melted away, I knew there was no way I could ever be comfortable or feel safe or hopeful if he made it to the White House. 

What I'm trying to say is, it's not just the left.   There are also people in the center, and on the right who are stricken with despair and frustration over this looming presidency.

To keep repeating it's "the left" flatters the echo chamber, but it does nothing to address what's really going on in this country.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, twoods said:

Ignorant, racist people breed ignorant, racist idiots. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/scaachikoul/teens-for-trump?utm_term=.bkZK5j0k7#.lbOqzW6w4

What makes me laugh the hardest is that these idiots have no clue how Trump is going to make America great again, and those that think so are stating things that are false. Why are people so dumb?

I have to laugh about the teens who work in the fast food industry and would love to raise minimum wage.Hahahahahahahaha! Was this rally before his appointment of that dude who is against raising minimum wage? Sorry a lot of appointments names are blending together.

And the girls who want Planned Parenthood defunded.

And the boy with dad who owns the bakery who hates Obamacare and all those pesky regulations. 

And damn the media for reporting facts.

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 7

Here's more proof the Trumpistas don't deal in reality:

Newt Gringrich's interview at NPR

On Trump's message in naming so-called disrupters to his Cabinet, like Rick Perry as energy secretary and Scott Pruitt to head the Environmental Protection Agency

He was elected by people who believe Washington has too much power, the Washington bureaucracy is too arrogant and imperial. This was an election that had consequence. It probably rivals the Reagan election of '80 and the FDR election of '32, in that sense. Obama, by the way, had a similar election but couldn't sustain it, partly because he kept lying. And this will be a real test for Trump. If Trump remains honest and seems like a person who's authentic, he's going to go a long way. If under the pressure of the city, he starts dissembling and saying things that aren't true, he'll decay much as Obama did. (emphasis mine)

Trump "remains" honest? Those thrice-married adulterers keep using that word "honest." I do not think it means what they think it means.  

This is from the Washington Post:

Trump voters didn’t take him literally on Obamacare. Oops?

Vox senior editor Sarah Kliff wrote a poignant account last week of her visit to Whitley County, Ky., where the uninsured rate declined 60 percent under Obamacare but 82 percent of voters supported Trump. There, Kliff, a former Post colleague, found Trump voters who were downright frightened that the president-elect would do exactly — literally — what he and Republicans promised: repeal Obamacare.

Among those she found was Trump voter Debbie Mills, a store owner whose husband awaits a lifesaving liver transplant; they got insurance through Obamacare, and Mills is hoping the law won’t be repealed.

“I don’t know what we’ll do if it does go away,” Mills said. “I guess I thought that, you know, [Trump] would not do this. That they would not do this, would not take the insurance away. Knowing that it’s affecting so many people’s lives. I mean, what are you to do then if you cannot . . . purchase, cannot pay for the insurance?”

Mills, who supported Trump for other reasons, figured Obamacare repeal was just talk.  (emphasis mine) “I guess we really didn’t think about that, that he was going to cancel that or change that or take it away,” she said. “I guess I always just thought that it would be there. I was thinking that once it was made into a law that it could not be changed.”

Others who didn’t take Trump literally may soon face the same dilemma. The Urban Institute estimated this month that under the partial repeal plan previously passed by Republicans in Congress, 30 million people would lose insurance, 82 percent of them would be in working families and 56 percent would be white. Among adults who would lose insurance, 80 percent don’t have college degrees.

“The people hit the hardest are a lot of the demographics that went heavily for Trump,” observes Bob Greenstein, who runs the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal number-crunching group.

I suppose it's petty to say: Hahahahahahahahaha.

So Mrs. Mills thought Don the Con would keep some promises (probably like kick the Muslims and the Mexicans out of the country and bring back all those manufacturing jobs) but disregard the ones for "real" Americans?

• Love 18

"I would have done even better in the election, if that is possible"? Well, considering his win ranks 46th out of 58 in electoral college margins and dead last in popular vote margins, there's definitely room for improvement, yes.

Sometimes, I just want to slap the stupid out of people, you know?

Correction: He is 48th in electoral college winning margins. Popular vote percentage margin: 56th place; raw vote margin: Dead fucking last.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 24
24 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

Here's more proof the Trumpistas don't deal in reality:

Newt Gringrich's interview at NPR

Trump "remains" honest? Those thrice-married adulterers keep using that word "honest." I do not think it means what they think it means.  

This is from the Washington Post:

Trump voters didn’t take him literally on Obamacare. Oops?

I suppose it's petty to say: Hahahahahahahahaha.

So Mrs. Mills thought Don the Con would keep some promises (probably like kick the Muslims and the Mexicans out of the country and bring back all those manufacturing jobs) but disregard the ones for "real" Americans?

Yes. I'm sure what she wanted to say is "Well I meant take health insurance from those I don't feel deserve it, but not me"

Edited by callmebetty
Grammar
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, millennium said:

To keep repeating it's "the left" flatters the echo chamber, but it does nothing to address what's really going on in this country.

Yes, it seems kind of insulting to suggest that you have to be whatever one considers "the left" to have a problem with someone this extremely bad. The reaction of a lot of Republicans to Trump has actually made me have to lower my opinion of them, even ones about whom my opinion was already pretty low. I didn't think so many would be this willing to trash the "American values" or hell, the actually country they allegedly care about.

• Love 11

Another Trump Charity controversy. Oh look, they are walking back the pay for access offer to drumpf. No huntin'/ fishin' with the "boys" or photo-ops / FaceTime with Cheeto for $1,000,000. Gee I wonder why? Could it be because YOU CAN'T DO THAT! ?

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

"I would have done even better in the election, if that is possible"? Well, considering his win ranks 46th out of 58 in electoral college margins and dead last in popular vote margins, there's definitely room for improvement, yes.

Sometimes, I just want to slap the stupid out of people, you know?

Not discounting his stupidity because it's pretty profound, but I think we're accessing the delusional part of his psyche now. Most of the time he genuinely believes he won in a landslide, but then every once in a while, he gets a flash of the truth that he's the least popular person ever elected and by one of the smallest EC margins, and then he has to issue a series of pathetic bullshit tweets and maybe force himself on the nearest woman until the scary feelings go away.

As per my previous post, just saw this article on politico about Trump bullying conservatives who dare to remember their own values pre-Trump. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-congress-republicans-232800

These idiots are buying into the landslide lie too. They're afraid to be critical of or disagree with Trump because he might tweet mean things about them. And then oh no, they'll lose the support of Trump's base of twitter eggs! They need to sack up, realize that Trump does not have a mandate, and do what they think is right. I get that there's some danger to this in that the Breitbart and Infowars faction of Trump's cult are deranged, but being a target of lunatics has always been a risk of public service. If these people don't have the courage to do their jobs, then they need to get out to make room for people with actual principles.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 15

Yes, he's dangerously detached from reality.  Also, appointing someone with no diplomatic experience to be the ambassador to Israel?  Da fuq?   That's such an idiotic move my head starts to hurt even thinking about the Heinz 57 of idiotic decisions that would have to go into that.   Is there no one in that administration who understands the role of the diplomatic corp in typically volatile regions of the world?   Well folks, don't sweat your calorie intake at Christmas, I guess.  Live like you were dying and all that because....yeah.  What  a catastrophic mess this all is.  

“I don’t know what we’ll do if it does go away,” Mills said. “I guess I thought that, you know, [Trump] would not do this. That they would not do this, would not take the insurance away. Knowing that it’s affecting so many people’s lives. I mean, what are you to do then if you cannot . . . purchase, cannot pay for the insurance?”

Mills, who supported Trump for other reasons, figured Obamacare repeal was just talk.  (emphasis mine) “I guess we really didn’t think about that, that he was going to cancel that or change that or take it away,” she said. “I guess I always just thought that it would be there. I was thinking that once it was made into a law that it could not be changed."

Get used to this refrain because it will soon will be the chorus to which his presidency is set.   "I didn't think he meant it, I thought it was all just talk, I thought when it came to doing this ass-mean, crazy-stupid thing, someone with sense and reason would balk!"   So when candidates promise things like, "we will have no new taxes" and "college will be free" and "we're going to have a single-payer system" examining the logistics of why it would be incredibly difficult to do is why a person with anything resembling sense would say, "Hmmmm.  I don't think that's possible, I don't think he/she means it!"   

But if the reason a voter rejects the "I didn't think he would really do it" has nothing to do with logisitcs but everything to do with how unkind, uncaring, and just plain stupid that person is or just how horrifying the idea is, here's a tip, o' voters of the world:  err on the side of believing that they are, in fact, a raging asshole and it isn't a good idea to vote for that person.  I can't believe that we're all in this mess because grown-ass people voted for someone who they had to convince themselves, "Oh he didn't mean that terrible thing!"  "Oh sure, he's talking about degrading women and parsing them out for value by their body parts but he didn't mean the part about assaulting them!  Or only valuing them by how pretty he deems them to be, or not to be.  Surely he isn't going to target and harass American Citizens along racial and religious lines, I know he said it, but I was just sure he didn't mean it."

The only thing that can save people from being that stupid is reincarnation because they don't have the sense god gave a goat.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 22

I can't wait until The Deplorables realize that yes, The Coral Caligula might bring back a few jobs (or at least stop them from being sent overseas), but those jobs will most likely be at minimum wage.  You know - that minimum wage that is being lowered.  So yes, you might have a job.  But you also might only be earning $5 a day.  Good luck with room and board on that wage, sucktards!  And if you want food to show up on your grocery shelves, hope you enjoy picking crops for minimum wage as well, as "the Mexicans" won't be around to do that anymore - they'll be back in Mexico (or Honduras or Laos or wherever they came from).

• Love 17

I sometimes think Trump is honestly astounded that everyone doesn't see him as a "winner" just because he won the EC.  His first interview with NYT was very telling.  When asked if he regretted any of his harsher campaign rhetoric, he replied, "No, why should I,  I won."  Like that in itself would make everyone think only good things about him--winning is everything, right?, so I'm a winner, so I'm good.  The ends justifies the means, so how dare you think bad of me?

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

Is there no one in that administration who understands the role of the diplomatic corp in typically volatile regions of the world?  

I think this is the part where he actually does what his base wants. Diplomacy is for wimps and "non-leaders" like Obama. They want him to go in there and tell Israel to cleanse the area of all the Islamic terrorists. In response ISIS et al. (which to him is every Muslim) will slink away and give up.

10 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

Get used to this refrain because it will soon will be the chorus to which his presidency is set.   "I didn't think he meant it, I thought it was all just talk, I thought when it came to doing this ass-mean, crazy-stupid thing, someone with sense and reason would balk!"  

I do almost want someone to more honestly just say, "But I thought that meant he'd take insurance away from those other lazy people (YOU know who I mean!) and not me."

40 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

They need to sack up, realize that Trump does not have a mandate, and do what they think is right.

As bad as it is being on the losing side of this election, I really do still think it feels better to at least be on the right side of such a simple moral equation. For all the right knows they're supposed to ridicule people like Elizabeth Warren they've got to envy her not having to give a damn what Trump thinks of her. Like even if he destroyed her somehow she'd still grimly accept it as the consequence of her doing the right thing. Greed and Cowardice might work for Trump, but the little hangers-on have nothing inside to draw on except terror of the mob. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I'm a lefty. Confession time: The Left held a secret meeting at Bohemian Grove to put together that B-list celebrity plea to the electors. Arugula pizzas and lattes were served; the catering bill went to George Soros. To enter the meeting, one had to pledge their loyalty to Sweden on a stack of Communist Manifestos. After the serious business concluded, we retired to the study and sipped absinthe while chuckling wryly about the gay Mexican abortion clinics being run in Planned Parenthood basements under the noses of good, god-fearing Americans. The evening ended on a high note with Bernie Sanders leading a drum circle and a surprise appearance by Barack Obama to preview an executive order banning Christmas and truck nutz. Don't tell Alex Jones.

I love this so much, I want to take it out to lunch and listen to its stories.   Surely there was a pagan drum circle with nudity, pot smoking , and someone married a goat, right?!?  I'm so sorry I missed this, as I love a good opportunity to wipe my nose on the flag while mocking core American values and dancing on the ashes of the bible.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 17
25 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

As if Orange knew what the electoral college was. I sincerely doubt he understands it now. LOL! I would like to know how he'd change his campaign if the winner was decided by popular vote? Scantily clad goose steppers on stage with him? Toasting marshmallows over a burning cross? Orange tends to double down instead of dialing it back, so he can't be suggesting he'd moderate his campaign style.

I'm a lefty. Confession time: The Left held a secret meeting at Bohemian Grove to put together that B-list celebrity plea to the electors. Arugula pizzas and lattes were served; the catering bill went to George Soros. To enter the meeting, one had to pledge their loyalty to Sweden on a stack of Communist Manifestos. After the serious business concluded, we retired to the study and sipped absinthe while chuckling wryly about the gay Mexican abortion clinics being run in Planned Parenthood basements under the noses of good, god-fearing Americans. The evening ended on a high note with Bernie Sanders leading a drum circle and a surprise appearance by Barack Obama to preview an executive order banning Christmas and truck nutz. Don't tell Alex Jones.

And don't forget other entertainment of the evening, the all-girl band #NastyWoman featuring their back-up singers the Benghaziettes.

• Love 20
58 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I'm only saddened by the fact that y'all didn't invite me!  After all, I'm right down the road from the BG.  ; )

• Love 9

On a daily basis now, sometimes many times a day, I find myself just shaking my head in disbelief at the stunning array of rollbacks, cutbacks, slashes and the GOP's promises of *More to Come*! The thing that has me astounded is the fact that these guys are just nakedly and unabashedly just pouring out bucket load after bucket load of what they're going to get their greedy hands on next - and the fact that there isn't even a whimper of alarm, disbelief or shock at what they have planned for everyone by their intended victims.

But the thing that has me so staggered and keeps me shaken is that they all apparently believe there will never be any repercussions for any of them; that they will not face any political or personal blowback from these political actions they are taking that are going to have such immediate and permanently devastating consequences for the vast majority of American citizens, those of other nations, all the planet's living creatures - of which they presumably are a part - and the planet itself.

Why is that?

Very seriously here, I sat last night just wondering what the explanation for such a display of bravado could be. The only thing I can come up with is that the reason for their seeming lack of concern for their very own personal security or the eventual destruction of the very home this planet has provided for them and their families and for everyone and everything else on it, is that they're not actually a part of the human race or even a permanent resident here. How else to explain it? Maybe there's been some truth to Ancient Alien theories and all. As crazy as that sounds - and I know it does - how else can anyone explain how men and women (the politicians only here, as I'm not referring to their supporters) who are still in the very prime of their lives with young families of their own, who would be expected to live safely here for maybe another 50 or 60 years would be so totally unconcerned about the devastating consequences of their agenda? The world is going to be exploding around our ears, the rivers are going to run red with blood and then not run at all when their climate-wrecking agendas finally have their impact on them. The air won't be breathable, so even if there are enough people around who could pay for the privilege, it would be toxic. I mean... I could go on, but it makes no sense unless these creatures (and obviously they can't just all be members of the same party moniker either, whether it be Democrat, Communist, fascist, populist, whatever). These things simply can't be members of the same human species. They can't. There's no amount of money that a person can have amassed at the end of time that will fare any better than the most pitiful, diseased beggard wretch left living simultaneously that will make his life better in such a scorched, ruined wasteland of his own making.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 7

I signed into Twitter at 8:30 this morning and usually one of the first people I check on Twitter is Donald Trump. He had already sent a tweet and while I was reading it, two more tweets came in rapid succession. So I was thinking, this man must have been up late last night and woke up this morning, maybe had coffee and a croissant and went right to his phone to post a few tweets.

I'm not surprised but I think I know why this happens nearly every day. This man is emotionally compromised, he has NPD. No attention is too much attention, and not enough attention is just not acceptable. He needs to be at the center of attention for masses of people at all times. But when he first wakes up, after some hours of sleep without the constant stroking of his super-ego, he absolutely has to have it immediately. He's been without it for several hours at a stretch and requires a refill just as much as we need our first cup of coffee. He needs 'the fix'. I had often thought that it's a shame that there wasn't a way for him to be cut off all social media and cameras for a week. Or, if everyone on Twitter totally ignored him or typed 'you are no longer relevant' what would happen. I think he'd be facing a real emotional crisis.

Donald Trump was raised by parents who worshiped wealth. Seriously, they weren't just ambitious people that wanted to be successful, they wanted, no....they 'craved' wealth above anything else. Five children were a hindrance to Fred Trump so he basically had nothing much to do with raising them and only took Donald under his wing when he was old enough and had learned from Fred how to make money for the Trump family. Mary Trump used to get driven by a chauffeur in a Rolls Royce to the apartments they rented just to collect the coins from the pay-washer and dryers in the basement. Fred Trump used to walk around the construction sites picking up nails that workmen dropped which he made his workmen reuse. Fred brought 'the boys' to work with him just to pick up empty glass bottles for their deposits. The family had an obsession for wealth, and they were successful due to that obsession.

https://www.bpdcentral.com/narcissistic-disorder/hallmarks-of-npd/

Donald is textbook NPD

The incidence of NPD is estimated at 1% in the general population. It's only theory but it's been shown that people who suffer with NPD tend to be brought up in UN-empathetic environments. In environments such as this, it is the parent's wants and desires that are catered to as the child develops, where the child's real needs are largely ignored.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I signed into Twitter at 8:30 this morning and usually one of the first people I check on Twitter is Donald Trump. He had already sent a tweet and while I was reading it, two more tweets came in rapid succession. So I was thinking, this man must have been up late last night and woke up this morning, maybe had coffee and a croissant and went right to his phone to post a few tweets.

I'm not surprised but I think I know why this happens nearly every day. This man is emotionally compromised, he has NPD. No attention is too much attention, and not enough attention is just not acceptable. He needs to be at the center of attention for masses of people at all times. But when he first wakes up, after some hours of sleep without the constant stroking of his super-ego, he absolutely has to have it immediately. He's been without it for several hours at a stretch and requires a refill just as much as we need our first cup of coffee. He needs 'the fix'. I had often thought that it's a shame that there wasn't a way for him to be cut off all social media and cameras for a week. Or, if everyone on Twitter totally ignored him or typed 'you are no longer relevant' what would happen. I think he'd be facing a real emotional crisis.

Donald Trump was raised by parents who worshiped wealth. Seriously, they weren't just ambitious people that wanted to be successful, they wanted, no....they 'craved' wealth above anything else. Five children were a hindrance to Fred Trump so he basically had nothing much to do with raising them and only took Donald under his wing when he was old enough and had learned from Fred how to make money for the Trump family. Mary Trump used to get driven by a chauffeur in a Rolls Royce to the apartments they rented just to collect the coins from the pay-washer and dryers in the basement. Fred Trump used to walk around the construction sites picking up nails that workmen dropped which he made his workmen reuse. Fred brought 'the boys' to work with him just to pick up empty glass bottles for their deposits. The family had an obsession for wealth, and they were successful due to that obsession.

https://www.bpdcentral.com/narcissistic-disorder/hallmarks-of-npd/

Donald is textbook NPD

The incidence of NPD is estimated at 1% in the general population. It's only theory but it's been shown that people who suffer with NPD tend to be brought up in UN-empathetic environments. In environments such as this, it is the parent's wants and desires that are catered to as the child develops, where the child's real needs are largely ignored.

Lunata, I read a psychological assessment by several psychiatrists published in one of the morning newspapers I peruse, one of which is the NYT, on Sunday (IIRC) and they flat out stated that he ticked off every bullet-point item used to diagnose the disorder (as well as others). They said, of course, that this was not based on any personal one-on-one with the creature, but that he displayed all the signs, and then some.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, callmebetty said:

I was at Target and as I passed the dollar aisle they had flashcards of the US President's and I just teared up. On the cover was Washington and JFK.  How can this buffoon even be associated with those two great men? My heart broken again with the realization of how well and truly fucked we are. 

I feel ya.  One of my favorite things at the Magic Kingdom is the Hall of Presidents. Just the thought of Orangina being part of that makes me want to cry. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:
20 hours ago, callmebetty said:

I was at Target and as I passed the dollar aisle they had flashcards of the US President's and I just teared up. On the cover was Washington and JFK.  How can this buffoon even be associated with those two great men? My heart broken again with the realization of how well and truly fucked we are. 

I feel ya.  One of my favorite things at the Magic Kingdom is the Hall of Presidents. Just the thought of Orangina being part of that makes me want to cry. 

Honestly, it even upsets me that he's getting a Presidential Chia Pet. However, I am looking forward to him tweeting, "Biased Chia company gave Obama two different Chias but I only get one! Very unfair!"

• Love 14
15 hours ago, millennium said:

Wait until he's on Mount Rushmore.

Wouldn't want to share the spotlight -- he'll deface some other majestic cliff.

Maybe there's room at Red Rocks, you know, to get the complexion right.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 13