Type keyword(s) to search

Project Runway In the Media

• Start Topic

On 1/15/2023 at 9:10 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Bravo sits on shows for six months or more after filming. If they filmed the finale in November, I don't expect to see it on air until summer. I think Top Chef wrapped before PR, and we're still waiting for that as well. I think TC will air first in the Thursday night slot, then PR will follow. 

FYI, just announced today - Top Chef is premering March 9th.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No Karlie? It looks like Christian is hosting.

I assume it will be like last season, no Karlie, but also no host. Instead, Christian and the judges variously introduced the challenges and guest judges, and the judges announced the weekly winners and cuts.

• Like 3
(edited)

IDK if  this sneak peak  of s20 been posted yet?

Project Runway is celebrating 20 years of the reality competition series with an “All-Stars” edition set to premiere on Thursday, June 15 at 8 p.m. ET on Bravo. The network announced that the premiere will be two parts and you can watch a preview of the upcoming season in the video posted above.

Returning as judges are Nina Garcia, Brandon Maxwell and Elaine Welteroth with Christian Siriano set as a mentor. In Season 20, fourteen of the most beloved designers from across the 19 seasons of the show will return and have a shot at winning the competition.

Guest judges that will appear throughout the season include Alicia Silverstone, Billy Porter, fashion designer Zac Posen, CEO & founder of “alice + olivia” Stacey Bendet, creative director of Carolina Herrera Wes Gordon, actor, producer and Emmy Award-winning writer Lena Waithe, image architect and celebrity stylist Law Roach and 90210 alum Jennie Garth.

Other guest stars include Paulina Porizkova, designer Sergio Hudson, Julia Fox, designer Willy Chavarria, Below Deck and The Traitors star Kate Chastain, The Real Housewives of New York City star Luann de Lesseps, designer Batsheva Hay, Emmy-winning actor Coleman Domingo and Steven Kolb, CEO of Council of Fashion Designers of America.

The “All-Stars” are competing for a prize of $250,000 and a mentorship with the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) and a feature in Elle magazine.

Edited by T Summer
forgot text
  • Useful 4

These will be the 14 returning contestants on s20,
their photos and bios can be seen here:

https://www.goldderby.com/gallery/project-runway-season-20-cast-all-stars-designers-bravo/pr-kara-saun/

Brittany Allen s18
Prajje Oscar Jean-Baptiste s19
Laurence Basse s15
Fabio Costa s10
Bishme Cromartie s17
Jonathan "Kayne" Gillespie s3
Mila Hermanovski s7
Rami Kashou s4
Victor Luna s9 all stars s3
Korto Momolu s5
Nora Pagel s1
Kara Saun s1
Hester Sunshine s17
Anna Yinan Zhou s17

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, T Summer said:

These will be the 14 returning contestants on s20,
their photos and bios can be seen here:

https://www.goldderby.com/gallery/project-runway-season-20-cast-all-stars-designers-bravo/pr-kara-saun/

Brittany Allen s18
Prajje Oscar Jean-Baptiste s19
Laurence Basse s15
Fabio Costa s10
Bishme Cromartie s17
Jonathan "Kayne" Gillespie s3
Mila Hermanovski s7
Rami Kashou s4
Victor Luna s9 all stars s3
Korto Momolu s5
Nora Pagel s1
Kara Saun s1
Hester Sunshine s17
Anna Yinan Zhou s17

Glad Anna is getting another chance. Will never not love Korto, though she's been done dirty multiple times.

Hester and Nora, though? Pass.

Edited by TakomaSnark
  • Like 5
On 6/8/2023 at 9:00 AM, TakomaSnark said:

Glad Anna is getting another chance. Will never not love Korto, though she's been done dirty multiple times.

Hester and Nora, though? Pass.

Agreed on all of this! I actually went "Yay, Korto!" when I saw her listed. Happy to see Prajje and Bishme returning.

I have no memory of Brittany, even though she was recent. Maybe I'll remember when I actually see her on the show?

• Like 4
On 6/10/2023 at 7:05 AM, MarylandGirl said:

Agreed on all of this! I actually went "Yay, Korto!" when I saw her listed. Happy to see Prajje and Bishme returning.

I have no memory of Brittany, even though she was recent. Maybe I'll remember when I actually see her on the show?

I don't know if this helps. I have zero memory of any of these garments.

Brittany Allen’s ‘Project Runway’ Designs, Ranked Worst to Best - GoldDerby

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, WaltersHair said:

I'm watching it now. Will we get a thread? Bravo seems to think it's a regular PR with past stars, Not All Stars?

I remember season 4 as my favorite. Rami!

How are you watching if it premieres tomorrow (Thursday 15th)?

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There's a Meet the Designers episode tonight at 10. 

Thanks @😼 (best emoji I could find without getting banned!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Night people who missed it can watch  s 20 Meet the Designers  when it airs again at 3:00 a.m. EST on Bravo

or it airs at 8:00 p.m. EST on the 15th before s20 e2  airs at 9:00 p.m. Thursday June 15th

p.s. looks like Project Runway all day on Thurs the 15th! (starting a 6:00 a.m.)

Edited by T Summer
added clarity x 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I watch fashion collections on Youtube, and the platform served me up an old interview with Tim Gunn. Briefly, he shared that he thought the judges "were smoking crack" in Season 8 when they decided to name Gretchen the winner.  He pitched a fit behind the scenes but of course did not prevail.

He also provided details on Bravo's/Weinstein's greed in taking all proceeds over time from winning designers. (This policy is why Jay did not accept the prize after winning Season 1.) Tim said that one of the contracts said that Bravo/Weinstein would collect every earning a designer made, even through other means, after being pronounced a winner. Tim pitched another fit and refused to participate in the series. Bravo modified the contract language but then kept trying to sneak it in over the years.

That profit angle is why so many of the individual challenge and season winners are puzzling. Bravo and its judges are looking for fast-fashion dollars.

Here is the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PgGmgc-mVA

Anyone who has read Tim's first book knows he can dish and snipe with the best of them. There are other interviews on YouTube.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 7
On 9/8/2023 at 12:32 PM, TexasGal said:

👏👍to this. 

My biggest takeaway from this season was Korto calling out the judges for their inconsistent worthless advice — Elaine especially. If you can’t rely on feedback from supposed experts, you’re more or less on your own guessing as to what they want, and who has time for that? Brava, Korto, for saying what probably a lot of people have been thinking.

There is nothing wrong in admitting that an iconic show has reached its end. I’d rather it go away gracefully than to see it become a parody of itself.  But if not, get rid of Elaine, replace her with someone like Zac Posen, and find somebody who can become an anchor like Heidi Klum was. Christian would fit well into that role.

Agree with the writers’ take on Brittany, too. She had no business being in the final. Bishme and Laurence were light years ahead of her. So was Rami.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Found a great documentary about Jay Carroll's first NYFW collection, which was two years after his PR win. The footage shows a lot of interesting details on putting out a collection from start to finish. Not surprisingly, the industry is infested with sharks (Kelly Catrone) and the work is nerve-wracking. One of Jay's models was/is also a PR producer.

Urban Decay purchased some of Jay's collection, but then cancelled the entire order when his manufacturers missed delivery deadlines. It sounds as if Jay has been designing for other people since then.

"Eleven Minutes" is streaming on Pluto and I'm not sure where else.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
(edited)

speaking of Project Runway folk, I saw that Heidi is a judge on America's Got Talent. Is she now a song and dance expert?

ETA apparently she's been doing this gig for ages. Obviously I don't watch the show.

Edited by dleighg

Not sure where to put this. Maybe it was already discussed but it annoyed me when I found out.

I watched the show in the first seasons, then stopped. I recently watched again because it popped up on my Hulu page. I skip all the bickering and gossiping because I just want to see how creative people are. Can't stand the judges, although it is much better without Michael "Crass".

What annoyed me, which I suspected but couldn't be sure, is that the disclaimer in the final credits explicitly say that the eliminations are decided by the judges IN CONSULTATION WITH THE PRODUCERS. So, my suspicion was corrected: the "losers and winners" of the show are not reaaaaaaaly based on their talent, or anything else other than what the producers believe will generate more viewers, therefore more money. Strong personalities, drama queens, conflict-prone people, rudeness, it all makes it all the way to the end. I am also convinced that some contestants are chosen just to be shamed in the first episodes. They are not good and the producers know it, but they need something to start the show as if someone really screwed things up in the first episode

Maybe in the end someone really good wins, but sometimes it might be just a simple case of a rigged competition. Occam Razor in my opinion

• Like 6

That disclaimer is on EVERY competitive reality show.

3 hours ago, circumvent said:

What annoyed me, which I suspected but couldn't be sure, is that the disclaimer in the final credits explicitly say that the eliminations are decided by the judges IN CONSULTATION WITH THE PRODUCERS.

• Like 10
19 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

That disclaimer is on EVERY competitive reality show.

I knew that reality shows were scripted, not reality, but I was surprised that this particular show decided the winners in the boardrooms. I also don't watch other competitive shows, so. I barely watch tis one, I just skip to the runway part, then to when the winners and losers are decided.

• Like 1

Feud: Capote vs. The Swans - Zac Posen Breaks Down Those Masquerade Looks

The event is based on a real party held over 50 years ago, and viewers are whisked into the excitement of it all through the Maysles brothers’ lens as the documentarians are the framing device capturing Capote’s (Tom Hollander) epic soiree behind the scenes. Similar to the black and white theme, much of the installment is also captured in the contrasting colors until the final moments when Capote’s mother (played by the entrancing Jessica Lange) takes to the dance floor, unveiling her showstopping black ensemble sure to rival all others seen in the minutes leading up to her reveal.

But these gorgeous ensembles aren’t just your average designs as fashion icon Zac Posen stepped into the metaphorical driver’s seat for this grand onscreen journey, helping put together the key looks for this event. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Hmmm I can picture Jennifer Lopez in Bishme’s black top with the red skirt and also in Laurence’s fruit colored puffy jacket. And that long lined trench coat looks great. Several of Laurence’s looks above scream Lenny Kravitz, ha! Or Sharon Stone.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Just saw that Christian Siriano was on Celebrity Wheel of Fortune last night. Gonna have to hunt it up on streaming.

While I'm here, any word on a new season of PR?

• Like 3