Type keyword(s) to search

Project Runway In the Media

• Start Topic

Some of the upcoming season’s unique challenges include, “a ‘hauntingly’ chic look, an avant-garde look from faux fur, an unconventional cocktail dress with a twist, and in a Project Runway first, the ultimate Real Housewives reunion outfit for women from The Real Housewives of Orange County, The Real Housewives of New York City, and The Real Housewives of Potomac.”

must they? Does Bravo not realize that there are plenty of us Top Chef/PR watchers who have never watched a single episode of RH? (Raises hand)

• Love 23
22 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That was my reaction too!  How are they supposed to live while creating this NYFW line?  Weird.  Wasn't the monetary award north of $100k previously?  I'm confused.

Check out the article.   The $25,000 is for the online head to head battle by former contestants, not the main show.  

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Check out the article.   The $25,000 is for the online head to head battle by former contestants, not the main show.  

So, you're saying I have to read an article?  Hmmph.  That is not what I expect from my social media activity!  

tongue in cheek.jpg

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I'm more worried that they are showing Johnny Weir as a judge.  His 15 minutes of fame are up as far as I'm concerned

He's not totally my cup of tea, but I tolerate him. And isn't he an olympic commentator (even for summer?) I think he's got more than 15 minutes is all I'm saying.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

Man, I can smell the extra coming off some of these people.

Isn't that the truth!

After reading the bios, I'm most interested to see Zayden, Chasity, Aaron, Shantall, Coral & Praije.

I am prepared to actively hate Katie. And my expectations are extremely low for Kristina just judging by what she is wearing in her photo despite her background.......

But I guess time will tell. I'm just glad it's back!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Isn't that the truth!

After reading the bios, I'm most interested to see Zayden, Chasity, Aaron, Shantall, Coral & Praije.

I am prepared to actively hate Katie. And my expectations are extremely low for Kristina just judging by what she is wearing in her photo despite her background.......

But I guess time will tell. I'm just glad it's back!

Based on personal styling, I'm curious about the same people for the most part. And Kristina's my pick for first out, if that's any indication of her finishing skills. I'll keep an open mind on Katie, the designated Hester. For now.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of unisex designs without outside prompting, so that'll be interesting.

Also, apparently casting thought it was the Dead Parent Olympics. Having lost my own father earlier this year, I'm not unsympathetic, but I don't know that I'd front-load that fact in my introductory bio when the producers will inevitably bring it up in interviews.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

Also, apparently casting thought it was the Dead Parent Olympics. Having lost my own father earlier this year, I'm not unsympathetic, but I don't know that I'd front-load that fact in my introductory bio when the producers will inevitably bring it up in interviews.

I am sorry for your loss. And I agree with your assessment of the interviews. Reality shows love that stuff for the draahma, but it feels misplaced on a show like this.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I am sorry for your loss. And I agree with your assessment of the interviews. Reality shows love that stuff for the draahma, but it feels misplaced on a show like this.

Thank you. TBH, Dad was at the end of a years-long illness (not COVID-related) and fairly miserable by that point, so that made letting him go a lot easier. Plus he was 94, so he was entitled to feel however he wanted to feel about it, IMO.

Anyway, just a few hours from finding out if our snap judgments are correct or not! (My money says: mostly correct.) Bones is another one I'm really curious about—he seems like one where there'll be no middle ground in his designs, but then there's always that one contestant whose stuff just falls flat repeatedly...

• Love 3
On 10/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, meep.meep said:

I'm more worried that they are showing Johnny Weir as a judge.  His 15 minutes of fame are up as far as I'm concerned.

As a Bronze Medal Olympian and a 3-time US National Champion, Johnny Weir has earned a heckuva lot more time in the public eye than 15 minutes. IMNSHO. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Wow, Zayden apparently walked out after being eliminated?  Sure show, don't show us that.  That's not interesting at all.

Yeah, he's too self-indulgant here for my taste and frankly, dishonest with himself.  All of that "the world is against me" stuff serves to insulate him from accepting criticism, even the constructive sort.  I would have to go back and review his designs as a memory refresh, but the last couple weren't anything to brag about imo.  I wish him well going forward.

• Love 1

Kristina just sounds like a poor loser...

Finalist Designer Says the Judges Were Wrong | Project Runway After Show S19 E14 | Bravo
Bravo   Feb 3, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

I would've asked Kristina who she thought should've won, and none of the "We're all ready!" business since Coral and Chastity were sitting right there. Tell us what you really think Kristina! I am glad Christian brought up the point that they all knew going in that only one person was going to win, so enough with the kumbaya, Kristina.

Honestly, Shantall's interview afterward is another level up from the other competitors - Happy, level-headed, forward-thinking, gracious and classy. - and shows another reason why she was the right winner.

• Love 14

It seemed like throughout the season, Kristina wasn't interested in taking advice from the judges or Christian.  She was always sure that her way was the "right" way and wasn't willing to adapt her designs.  Didn't she make a point of saying that she didn't change anything after Christian's visit--just added some "sexier" pieces? It some ways it's good to be unwilling to compromise, but she might have had more success if she had been a little more open-minded about learning and evolving.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Out of all the possible choices, Kristina decided screen printing celery was a good idea. So, she has no room to judge. Ever.

She also had no idea why Christian thought some of her sexy stuff went too far.  

• Love 5
On 2/6/2022 at 8:00 AM, DEL901 said:

She also had no idea why Christian thought some of her sexy stuff went too far.  

I feel like Kristina thought that sexy = nudity.

Clothes can be very sexy without being sheer or in-your-face revealing, IMHO. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

It was Kristina saying that the model didn't mind being naked because "she's (that is, the model is) French"

Sorry.  Fun fact.  They put Benadryl in your infusion during chemo.  My brain is only capable of straight line thinking...and now I am going to drive home in a straight line (hopefully) and go to bed!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, dleighg said:

It was Kristina saying that the model didn't mind being naked because "she's (that is, the model is) French"

I thought the model was the one who said she was French, so the garment was ok as is.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I thought the model was the one who said she was French, so the garment was ok as is.

Yes, and then when Christian quizzed Kristina about it, Kristina tossed it off as "but she's French!"

• Love 1

I just read a story that Shannon Beador asked Bones to create a dress for her for the RHOC reunion and the dress he created was a hot mess. Unflattering, poorly made, cheap fabric, impossible to wear at the reunion. Shannon made a connection with Bones when she appeared on PR and they worked together. She commissioned the reunion dress, flew him out, put him up in a hotel room, etc., on her own dime. She wanted to give him exposure and a chance since they really hit it off on PR. Apparently, the dress was so bad production had to go shopping and purchase a dress off the rack and taping of the reunion was delayed while everything played out. Sounds like it was a total disaster.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Matty said:

I just read a story that Shannon Beador asked Bones to create a dress for her for the RHOC reunion and the dress he created was a hot mess. Unflattering, poorly made, cheap fabric, impossible to wear at the reunion. Shannon made a connection with Bones when she appeared on PR and they worked together. She commissioned the reunion dress, flew him out, put him up in a hotel room, etc., on her own dime. She wanted to give him exposure and a chance since they really hit it off on PR. Apparently, the dress was so bad production had to go shopping and purchase a dress off the rack and taping of the reunion was delayed while everything played out. Sounds like it was a total disaster.

Here's the story from Page Six:

‘RHOC’ reunion hit with drama after ‘Project Runway’ star botches Shannon’s dress

9 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Way to tank a great opportunity.  

Truly. Immature and unprofessional. I don't care for the RH but a connection like that could have opened a lot of doors for Bones. In all likelihood, he made sure those have been slammed shut.

• Love 3

Bones didn’t just deliver a sub par garment unusable for the intended event, he delivered it so late that filming was held up so a replacement could be obtained.  His name will be mud in more than just the RH circles.  You never, ever want to be the reason filming is delayed….big bucks are involved. 

• Love 6

🤦🏾‍♀️ Omigosh. Bones' explaination makes it worse. Basically he picked the wrong fabric & the dress didn't fit. The fabric he chose had no stretch. This is soo embarrassing... Chastity makes an appearance to try to be supportive.

• Love 2

He keeps saying, I thought she was my friend.   She was his CLIENT and he embarrassed her.   The more he talks, the worse he seems.  He just keeps making excuses.  He holds up the dress…so this failed, but I tried to help with other things like her nails.  Does he think that makes things okay, given they had to hold up production.  

We all learn the most from our failures, but we have to accept we messed up and try to grow.  Making all these excuses aren’t a good look.  I get it is all raw for him, but I’m half way through and he still hasn’t apologized.  

• Love 4