Type keyword(s) to search

Project Runway In the Media

• Start Topic

Season 13 Episode 11. Designers are sent out to find women for the challenge. Tim tells them NOT to choose women who look like models. So they all end up choosing skinny women Lol Not much of a challenge to design for women who may not be "model skinny" but they are still, regular normal size women. Another stupid "challenge"

So staying on topic: did Heidi have her baby yet?

WTF? NO TIM GUNN??? Say it isn't so! I love him!! I don't know if I'll continue to watch if he is gone. 

• Love 1

Thanks-- never heard of that tall super model. And I've now learned more than I wanted to know about her inlaws.

Oh and her parents followed the KK (Kardashian) model of naming their daughters. Two strikes against her now :)

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 1
On 10/19/2018 at 9:08 PM, Token said:

Ugh, Karlie "my brother-in-law is a Nazi" Kloss.  Final straw for me.  Not watching!

Chilling but I am not going to judge her on the creep her sister married.   Is there more to this?

• Love 1
On 10/29/2018 at 12:25 PM, leighdear said:

For me it's all about C. Siri, and I absolutely will be watching......I cannot WAIT for him to call somebody's "creation" a hot, t***** mess!  *LOL*

I strongly suspect you won't ever be hearing that phrase again, given that t***** is widely considered a hateful slur against transgender people.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

This is so confusing because Tim Gunn just instagrammed he and Heidi are casting for a fashion design show on Amazon. 

I think there’s room for 2 fashion design shows, bring it, but ish is gettin’ blurry. 

Edited by Refresh
  • Love 1
On 1/13/2019 at 8:10 PM, Sew Sumi said:

A real accessories wall! Praise be!

Considering the fact we were close to getting the Dollar Tree Accessory Wall in the previous version, anything would be an improvement. But I did love the cute moment of Christian noting one of his own designs there. 

• Love 2
On 1/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, Refresh said:

This is so confusing because Tim Gunn just instagrammed he and Heidi are casting for a fashion design show on Amazon. 

I think there’s room for 2 fashion design shows, bring it, but ish is gettin’ blurry. 

Why does Heidi have two pairs of what look like identical shoes on the floor next to her???

3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Season 4 is airing on Bravo today! Oh how I’ve missed Michael Kors. Donna Karan- A real designer judge! And I forgot that Chris was eliminated and then brought back...

I'm watching! The production value looks so low--- it's not really, just technology has advanced so much in the last decade. Heidi & Tim Gunn look so young. Where has the time gone?! The button bag with picking models. Chris March's belly laugh. Parson's. This season is clearly all about Christian Siriano. I'd forgotten how much he talked to the other contestants about their designs. Opinionated, snarky, but always benevolent. He's going to be a great mentor! And his asymmetrical faux-hawk was a moment.

• Love 3
On 2/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

New promo confirming the March 14 premiere date!

Quick peek at the new runway:

And for Canadians, it’s airing on our Bravo starting the same date!

• Love 1
On 4/2/2019 at 6:27 PM, nb360 said:

Any one know the ratings of this season’s shows?

Episode 1: 0.24 Demo/1.017 Million viewers (#25 TV Ranking for the night)

Episode 2: 0.23/1.026 (#27)

Episode 3: 0.22/ 0.950 (#25)

Episode 4: 0.21/ 0.941 (#20)

The Final Season of All Stars on Lifetime finished with an 0.14/ 0.756 (#56)

Season 16 (Fall '17) averaged 0.45/ 1.77 Million.

*All these ratings are for live viewing and the numbers increase when DVR numbers are added. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

Episode 1: 0.24 Demo/1.017 Million viewers (#25 TV Ranking for the night)

Episode 2: 0.23/1.026 (#27)

Episode 3: 0.22/ 0.950 (#25)

Episode 4: 0.21/ 0.941 (#20)

The Final Season of All Stars on Lifetime finished with an 0.14/ 0.756 (#56)

Season 16 (Fall '17) averaged 0.45/ 1.77 Million.

*All these ratings are for live viewing and the numbers increase when DVR numbers are added. 

Well those are big gains from the dreck that was on Lifetime, especially as some of us hate watched the last episodes of PRAS which is included in the totals 🤪

(edited)

Christian Siriano designed several of this year's Met Gala outfits!

Elaine Welteroth (she was one of the red carpet correspondents for E! along with Zanna Roberts Rassi)
elaine.thumb.jpg.823043e7e6d2cfdfcd362c05e94926a1.jpg

Ryan Murphy's Liberace inspired costume (in the linked interview, he says he had to lie down in the car):
637581790_ryanmurphy.thumb.jpg.3484d58c98c5b85a4eeb584369374025.jpg

Janelle Monae's blinking eye dress

janelle.thumb.jpg.ce193ac12c59868acf05045edcad459d.jpg

Laverne Cox:
laverne.thumb.jpg.6091b3a112e6b041967e31effb8a6e07.jpg

Michael Urie:
urie.thumb.jpg.0c630618b9929f137663fa8ea4ca33d4.jpg

Leslie Grossman
leslie.thumb.jpg.a8127bc4e8bb3e9ef29d5d5864dadd8a.jpg

Karlie Kloss wearing a Dapper Dan dress
karlie.JPG.3d3f0d7b394d1c7ae373a4e3d5aac477.JPG

Ashley Graham wearing a Dapper Dan/Gucci collaboration
ashley.thumb.jpg.4e1fe0476ece0c8d5b0929632bb64d9e.jpg

821160544_ashley2.thumb.jpg.a0290267482c290bf81f339c29707aff.jpg

51049391_ashley3.thumb.jpg.e0aabd8a6b076b2845dcd06a87131b6b.jpg

Bonus: Dapper Dan at the Met Gala
1805982357_dapperdan.thumb.jpg.d3b35af875a504d42140c5b59e6cb733.jpg

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7

I love Christian.  Laverne Cox looked amazing.

I was pleased looking at the pictures of the Met Ball this year because as someone who knows zero about fashion,

1-Saw Ashley Graham and said "OH DAPPER DAN!"  Then saw the man himself and was happy PR taught me who he was and I loved Ashley's jacket dress.

2-Was watching Gaga's entrance and thought "OH-it's Brandon!"  He dressed her (and undressed her!)

3-Also found it meta that Zac Posen designed Katie Holmes dress (she looked so pretty) and in Oceans 8, she and Zac are seated at Daphne's table.  (And laughed at Sarah Paulson, Mindy Kahling, and Awkwafina being guests as opposed to being part of a heist).

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Elaine on the other hand looks model ready and I wonder how she never became a model.

Isn't she way too short? I don't know how tall she is but she strikes me as "normal" rather than "redwood tree" height.

• Love 2

More info about Karlie’s Dapper Dan dress (from her stylist):

[Karlie’s] stylist Karen Kaiser describes the new Project Runway host‘s Met Gala look — which has been in the works for two weeks — as “chic chic camp.”

“For Karlie we wanted to create a dress from Dapper Dan’s DNA and exaggerate it in a very chic way for Karlie to wear on the red carpet,” Kaiser says. “Dapper Dan is famous for his logomania streetwear. We started with an existing Dapper Dan for Gucci track jacket with voluminous sleeves and used the most extravagant gold lame logomania fabric and created a red carpet dress from this.”

As for how Kloss decided to collaborate with the designer?

“Karlie and Dapper Dan started their relationship through Project Runway,” Kaiser reveals. “It’s incredible to see this relationship flourish and evolve to the red carpet for the Met Gala.”

“It is a historical moment as it is Dapper Dan’s first Met Gala and the table is the Dapper Dan/Gucci table,” she adds. “Dapper Dan’s story really is the great American story and we are thrilled to be a part of it.”

On 5/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, LucindaWalsh said:

I also saw some of the Met Gala stuff. I came here to ask if that was indeed Brandon doing Gaga because I didn't get a great look at his face while he was doing all the reveals. 

This behind the scenes video of Lady Gaga's Met Gala look includes Brandon talking about the process of designing and creating all the pieces.

• Love 1
On 5/7/2019 at 9:27 AM, jmcd44 said:

3-Also found it meta that Zac Posen designed Katie Holmes dress (she looked so pretty) and in Oceans 8, she and Zac are seated at Daphne's table.  (And laughed at Sarah Paulson, Mindy Kahling, and Awkwafina being guests as opposed to being part of a heist).

I'm pretty sure Zac and Katie just adore each other and work together all of the time.  I am pretty sure Katie is always dressed by Zac, but I'll be corrected if wrong.

• Love 2