Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Second Guessing

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

The vow renewal on the beach was very sweet. Leah was so adorable when she went to get Christiana. "Close your eyes, no peeking." You can tell Leah really cares about Christina and vice versa.

Ugh Matt with his "we earned this" bullshit. Their new house did look very nice

Am I crazy or did Dr Jenn actually have some good points? Too bad Farrah won't listen to them. She mentioned that she doesn't try and push Simon away. Well the way you're treating him isn't exactly loving or kind, so what are you doing Farrah?!! Also, why does she even bother talking to her parents? Al she does is yell at them and talk over them and doesn't listen to them. Those FaceTime conversations were just hideous. I've been watching Farrah for years and it still baffles me how she acts and treats people.

Maci, yawn. I did not care about the back and forth with the wedding venue. Jayde and Bentley are cute. So are Jenn and Larry.

• Love 9

I actually thought Dr. Jenn's pieces of advice themselves were good. No one will deal with someone who acts that aggressive and insane. But it's also pretty messed up, as she said, to sort of insinuate you have a future together, which he's doing by even entertaining the ring thing or discussing its price, if you have no intention of doing so. 

If this was a random couple not in a sequined jumpsuit and not with that level of ugly cry, I'd say that advice wasn't the worst. But what makes it totally ridiculous is that their entire relationship is obviously a joke or an act for the cameras, or some sort of two sided arrangement, and Dr. Jenn is entertaining it as if it's some actual thing. She is so not an actual therapist. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

Tyler really does play for the cameras. He pushed his mom out of the way so he can get the correct camera space lol

made no sense how it was either getting married at that place or postponing the date. How is there no in between choice?

Amber really thinks so much of herself being "upper class" now and matt and her thinking they earned it. If it wasn't for teen mom money, where would these people be now? And what makes me laugh is how they are so nasty to the producers at times about what they can and cannot film . Like you're not the boss and this is how you're earning your living. How do u have nerve to dictate anything? Also, it really is ridiculous how the producers baby them and kiss their asses. Especially the woman Heather who always looks petrified of them.

Also Amber always talks about boo-boo like boo-boo is her real name. It makes me laugh every time she has a serious conversation about leah and calls her boo-boo. 

Farrah- why would anybody on earth want to marry you? I feel like if i was around her, i'd tense up in seconds because she is just so crazy and nasty. How simon is even pretending to want to be with her is beyond me.

• Love 12
On 9/17/2016 at 10:01 PM, starfire said:

My exact thoughts.. what's this WE business?  I'm not entirely sure Amber "deserves" it but Matt most certainly does not.  But he'd come off a lot better if he'd cut out the 'we' and say 'you'

And then he's all "if I would have told you when you got out of jail that.... bla bla bla..." uh dude, you didn't know her when she got out of jail. SHUT UP. 

On 9/19/2016 at 8:29 PM, ClassyCourtHeels said:

And someone actually calling Farrah on her bullshit? Finally. 

Dr Jenn may be a quack but THANK GOD someone was finally telling her how it is.  And Farrah acted like she was kinda sorta maybe listening. 

On 9/19/2016 at 9:43 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Um, Maci said tonight to Taylor that their families would be the ones who would be upset about a court house wedding! That she and Taylor would be the only ones cool with that. I laughed at that statement. Also at Ryan's statement that weddings are fun!

Shut up Tyler!!!

Soooo the parents are the ones that wants the wedding.... Maci and Taylor would be ok with a courthouse... yet Maci MUST have her dream wedding spot.  Makes total sense. 

I like how Ryan and his parents seem to be getting along better now.  They joke around a lot and it's nice to see. 

• Love 12

I'm still confused as to why Amber doesn't move close to Leah?  I really don't get it.  First, she was renting the house they just moved from so why not rent a house near Gary?  You don't need to live on the same street but why are you renting a house forty five minutes away?  So now your moving and you decide instead of buying a house in Leah's school district you buy one 35 minutes away instead of 45.  I'm so confused, Amber talks like this is a problem she can't solve.  She wasn't even 100% comfortable moving into that fancy neighborhood.  Are there really no nice houses or areas near Leah's school?  This just proves that Amber really doesn't want to have Leah more.  Who given the option moves further away from their child?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

Is that Gary's mom during the vow renewal ceremony? It looks like she's lost a ton of weight. 

Yeah that was her.

Minus the fact that Matt was involved in this I have to say it was nice to see Amber laughing/smiling having a good time with her neighbors.  She seemed to really enjoy getting to know them and their company.  It really is noticeable now how much Amber has no friends or actual joy in her life.  I was actually sad that she was moving away from the neighbors.  It sounds like she already thinks she won't be welcomed by the new neighbors.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I'm still confused as to why Amber doesn't move close to Leah?  I really don't get it.  First, she was renting the house they just moved from so why not rent a house near Gary?  You don't need to live on the same street but why are you renting a house forty five minutes away?  So now your moving and you decide instead of buying a house in Leah's school district you buy one 35 minutes away instead of 45.  I'm so confused, Amber talks like this is a problem she can't solve.  She wasn't even 100% comfortable moving into that fancy neighborhood.  Are there really no nice houses or areas near Leah's school?  This just proves that Amber really doesn't want to have Leah more.  Who given the option moves further away from their child?

She doesn't want to be active in Leah's life. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah that was her.

Minus the fact that Matt was involved in this I have to say it was nice to see Amber laughing/smiling having a good time with her neighbors.  She seemed to really enjoy getting to know them and their company.  It really is noticeable now how much Amber has no friends or actual joy in her life.  I was actually sad that she was moving away from the neighbors.  It sounds like she already thinks she won't be welcomed by the new neighbors.

That's why I think it was more Matt's idea to move to this new "uppah class" neighborhood than Amber's. He gets to further isolate her from friends and family whilst being able to brag about living next to wealthy people. All on her dime of course.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, Cabarb said:

I would bet anything that his name is absolutely on the deed.  I think he would have had made sure about that.  But I'm equally certain he won't be paying a dime.

I agree.  There is no way in hell he's allowing her to purchase the house without his name on the deed.  This house purchase does not seem to even be her idea or something she even really wanted.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

I have to say, it kind of baffles me how conventional all these women are. What they want more than anything, when given shitloads of money for nothing, is to stage a huge wedding. It's obvious Maci has been mentally planning her wedding for decades and has only just managed to hold off long enough for some acceptable man to actually propose. Now it's like a racehorse at the starting gate. BOOM. Nothing else matters. The unplanned baby is just another obstacle that must be maneuvered around.

It's obvious Farrah can't stand Simon, but she wants to wear that ring so bad. And the worst thing she can imagine is someone being unmarried and 30 -- I think that was the insult she threw at Simon a while ago. When she was having her heart-to-heart with Amber on the phone, her ultimate question for Amber was: is this who you want to be married to? Because that is what defines you as a person: who you marry. She is so angry because in spite of the fact that she's made herself into a blow-up sex doll, nobody wants to marry her. (Not BE MARRIED to her. She doesn't want to be married. She wants to have the wedding and the ring.)

Amber has managed somehow to withstand the pressure to marry, but this was item #1 on her agenda when Matt first presented himself, and you KNOW she would have married him ages ago if not for the inconvenient scandal.

And Cate, poor Cate, she got her dream wedding with her dream man and is still miserable. Like a really great wedding was going to solve anything.

The other Teen Mom 2 girls are the same. You can tell they've been waiting all their young lives for this big fairy tale moment when the man proposes, and then the pinnacle of their lives: not childbirth, not a degree, not a rewarding career, not traveling the world or using that money to help Syrian refugees or rescue lost dogs. All that is small potatoes. What matters most is planning and staging this big wedding where they get to be princess for a day.

I have nothing against marriage and weddings, but it depresses me that young women today are still so hypnotized by the whole conventional wedding fixation.

This! I would love to watch these girls do something with their lives instead of being so unhappy that all they do is talk about a damned ring, get high, be depressed and pop out kids. I would love to watch them use their fame and money to help out around their home towns, to do anything of substance. Amber could be out helping young women with drug problems, instead we get her laying around on her couch and her dogs pissing all over the place and having Matt drive her everywhere in her Caddy. I would love you see Maci getting a degree and the struggles of single parenthood, instead we see her and Taylor laying around talking about getting married and spending too damn much on a wedding venue when that money should be put in a college fund for her kids. I would love to see Cate counseling young girls on adoption and with a degree and away from Tyler, instead we see her laying around, depressed and riddled with anxiety about everything and not wanting to set off  precious Tyler and his temper. Then we have Farrah, I just would love to see her going to counseling and not trying to find a fucking dad for The Spawn. 

That's the show I would love to watch.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 10

The dogs at Tyler & Catelynn's house were behind a pet gate. Although some people might think the dog licking Nova's nose was cute, he could've just as easily nipped her.

I thought the vow renewal was very sweet. Amber wants the world to see Gary as a loser, but he's the one who's moved on and created a nice family.

Considering Maci's mother's reaction to the dress shopping, I highly doubt she's practically demanding they have a big, fancy wedding. 

Amber and Matt are 'uppah class' ... on what planet?  If she's stupid enough to have put his name on the deed, then she deserves to get fleeced. 

My husband asked what happened to Farrah's lips. They looked even worse in the profile shots. I don't know why Simon even bothers because Farrah is always foul with him and that's never going to improve. He acts like he's coming out of anesthesia and isn't fully coherent yet. He's just as weird as she is. Michael and Debra act like they're in the Twilight Zone episode called It's A Good Life with the demon child that everyone was afraid of.  

• Love 8
22 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

I have to say, it kind of baffles me how conventional all these women are. What they want more than anything, when given shitloads of money for nothing, is to stage a huge wedding. It's obvious Maci has been mentally planning her wedding for decades and has only just managed to hold off long enough for some acceptable man to actually propose. Now it's like a racehorse at the starting gate. BOOM. Nothing else matters. The unplanned baby is just another obstacle that must be maneuvered around.

It's obvious Farrah can't stand Simon, but she wants to wear that ring so bad. And the worst thing she can imagine is someone being unmarried and 30 -- I think that was the insult she threw at Simon a while ago. When she was having her heart-to-heart with Amber on the phone, her ultimate question for Amber was: is this who you want to be married to? Because that is what defines you as a person: who you marry. She is so angry because in spite of the fact that she's made herself into a blow-up sex doll, nobody wants to marry her. (Not BE MARRIED to her. She doesn't want to be married. She wants to have the wedding and the ring.)

Amber has managed somehow to withstand the pressure to marry, but this was item #1 on her agenda when Matt first presented himself, and you KNOW she would have married him ages ago if not for the inconvenient scandal.

And Cate, poor Cate, she got her dream wedding with her dream man and is still miserable. Like a really great wedding was going to solve anything.

The other Teen Mom 2 girls are the same. You can tell they've been waiting all their young lives for this big fairy tale moment when the man proposes, and then the pinnacle of their lives: not childbirth, not a degree, not a rewarding career, not traveling the world or using that money to help Syrian refugees or rescue lost dogs. All that is small potatoes. What matters most is planning and staging this big wedding where they get to be princess for a day.

I have nothing against marriage and weddings, but it depresses me that young women today are still so hypnotized by the whole conventional wedding fixation.

Perfectly said! I just don't understand the whole wedding fixation by women in general. I'm just not that kind of person, but to each his own.

As I mentioned before, these women (and many others) want the event of a wedding, not the commitment of a marriage.

Edited by AhFillAck
  • Love 10

I'm sure Amber's new upper class neighbors were delighted to hear her on the deck talking to her friends about how different this house is from a cell.  In jail.

Not to mention the annoyance of having a camera crew and their stupid trucks and entitled bullshit.

Legit, I hate production crews.  They're a bunch of assholes unless they're trying to butter up a sucker to make an ass of themselves on tv. Otherwise, they're blocking traffic and keeping you from walking to your house so no one is accidentally in the shot, loud, just dicks.

• Love 5
On 9/20/2016 at 8:47 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Finally! I don't feel like a total perv, thanks Brooklynista (and thanks for the visual of Gary's pleather-dissolving bacony perspiration seeping out onto poor Christina). Tyler seems like the type to get grossed out at sex anyway, and Cate will take whatever she gets without regard to what she likes or wants, so long as it's affection from this hero in her mind.  

Me thinks whatever sex Cate and Tyler have had, it was done in the dark. I go back to what @Brooklynista once posted about Cate getting on top of a sleeping Tyler and that was how Nova was conceived. 

I cannot imagine these two slackers having any sort of enjoyable sex. They save their energy for pot smoking and eating fast food.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Feline Goddess said:

Michael and Debra act like they're in the Twilight Zone episode called It's A Good Life with the demon child that everyone was afraid of.

"You're a bad man!  You're a very bad man!"  My God, this is perfect!  It is the Farrah situation exactly!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I can't view videos. What happened?

He made a couple comments about Kristina being in a dress - he's going to "hike it up" later that night. Boxers shorts have a hole for easy access. 

Kind of tacky, but IMO  not the worst thing in the world. My husband is always making double entendres in front of our kids. I hiss at him, but it's really cute that he still flirts with me like that after 10 years. It probably all went right over Leah's head. I actually find it more gross that he said those things on TV and in front of producers. But eh....

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

He made a couple comments about Kristina being in a dress - he's going to "hike it up" later that night. Boxers shorts have a hole for easy access. 

Kind of tacky, but IMO  not the worst thing in the world. My husband is always making double entendres in front of our kids. I hiss at him, but it's really cute that he still flirts with me like that after 10 years. It probably all went right over Leah's head. I actually find it more gross that he said those things on TV and in front of producers. But eh....

Anytime we are BBQing and there's a question of what kind of meat I want to eat, you can bet Mr. Tatum starts smirking. He makes jokes as well that go right over our 5 year old's head.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Anytime we are BBQing and there's a question of what kind of meat I want to eat, you can bet Mr. Tatum starts smirking. He makes jokes as well that go right over our 5 year old's head.

Haha 

The same happens at our home. We only have one teen, the rest of the kids are adults. I would also hiss at my husband when he would say things within earshot of the kids. They did not get it.  I use a secret language with my husband. We get a kick out of it. 

• Love 4
On 9/20/2016 at 11:57 AM, Lesia said:

She says something, and no matter WHAT the person says in response, she flies off the handle and is so mean and angry and disrespectful and insane.  why? 

because that's what the producers and editors want us to see.  Not that I am defending her or standing up for her in any way, I just know that the show loves to bring the drama to the forefront, so they will jump on Farrah's shit.  The fact that she has gotten away with calling her father "Michael" since she was 16 at least, speaks volumes about the family dynamics.  

I maintain my original opinion that if this show, and others like it, had any integrity, the producers would be more select when choosing the cast and choose those who rise above their situations, rather than those who keep swimming in the same cesspool at best, or digging a hole under the foundation at worst.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

My wife knows she can count on these tasteless and juvenile jokes every time from me, even with a ten year old and an eight year old. Deciding the tree? She knows the blue spheriacl ornaments will inevitably be paired near my crotch, so much so that she now just says "here, get it over with already." Thanksgiving? That Turkey neck is going to be a phallus, she still laughs. Sausage joke? Huge cucumber from the garden? She's already rolling her eyes when I get it into the house, she knows I'm going to make a dick joke. Gotta keep her interested!

• Love 8

I finally got to see this episode, and I completely understand the OMG at Matt saying they are upper class..using the "we".  I can't even think of anything to say to that.  He sucks.  Honestly, I don't think Amber is even upper class by herself given she isn't much of a saver, and though she makes a nice income she doesn't appear to do the right things with the money.  And as others have said, she doesn't want to pay child support, and if you are upper class you should be able to handle that.  But you add Matt in, and he brings no income to them, and you can't count the 2 tiny houses they flipped--that did not make him upper class.  Ugh.  

Farrah and Simon are odd.  In some ways I think they do actually want to be together, because he actually sticks around despite the drama.  I don't think he really likes the cameras, so I don't think he comes around for that.  But they just don't bring any happiness to each other.  I agree with all that was said it was refreshing to have someone tell Farrah what she needed to hear.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, alexa said:

I finally got to see this episode, and I completely understand the OMG at Matt saying they are upper class..using the "we".  I can't even think of anything to say to that.  He sucks.  Honestly, I don't think Amber is even upper class by herself given she isn't much of a saver, and though she makes a nice income she doesn't appear to do the right things with the money.  And as others have said, she doesn't want to pay child support, and if you are upper class you should be able to handle that.  But you add Matt in, and he brings no income to them, and you can't count the 2 tiny houses they flipped--that did not make him upper class.  Ugh.  

"Upper class" is more than just about having money. It's also about having class. 

(I'll just leave that comment right there... ;-)

• Love 12

I don't mind Gary's comments in the videos too much. My husband and I have been married for a decade. He's kind of a shy, quiet guy but he loves making crude jokes to me. It's kind of our "thing." We banter in front of everyone, almost on automatic pilot these days. I had surgery 2 weeks ago, for instance, and we stayed with my mom while I recovered so that she could watch the kids. Walking back to the bedroom to lay down once I was released he called out, "Need help getting those clothes off before you lay down?" to which I replied, "Naw, the drugs weren't THAT good" without even missing a beat or pausing. Kids and Mom didn't even look up from what they were doing. 

After watching all the dysfunctional relationships on this show, especially how Farrah interacted with Simon this epi and every other eip, I find Gary and Kristina kind of refreshing. Teasing one another, being playful, being romantic...I think that's kind of a nice model for Leah to be looking at. 

• Love 17

Gary and Kristina seem to have more class than the entire bunch of these assholes put together. I am not talking about money either. Some people I know who are barely making it have more class than the people who live high on a hog. Gary and Kristina may not be rolling in the dough (no pun intended), but they seem to have mutual respect for one another and are caring for Leah for what seems like 90 percent of the time. Her comment to Kristina had me balling.

• Love 13
On 9/20/2016 at 8:34 AM, ghoulina said:

So now they're back to square one, but you know - the couple that manicures together stays together!!! I sense a real future here, y'all!

All anybody does on this show is go get mani/pedis or go to cheap restaurants. What a rich life.

On 9/20/2016 at 5:48 PM, JoannKB said:

This had me totally confused. Who is getting up with Nova in the morning? Cate is apparently sleeping until noon (according to Tyler) and Tyler doesn't help out (according to both of them) so who is doing the parenting? Is the poor kid climbing out of her crib and serving herself breakfast? Did the Twinses teach her how to make her own toast?

Butch, I imagine. Or April, since Nova spends half her life there.

On 9/21/2016 at 1:30 AM, Lm2162 said:

Kristina is really pretty. I hadn't paid much attention before but she is really naturally beautiful. 

She really is, and baby Emilee is the cutest little thing ever! What an adorable baby. I just want to smoosh her little face, she's such a cute chubby pumpkin!

On 9/21/2016 at 7:55 AM, Reghan said:

Tyler SHUT UP, pay attention to your child...and stop acting like Cate is dying.

Matt SHUT UP, I honestly just wish he would go be with Farrah since he thinks she's so hot and that would provide some entertainment haha.

Farrah SHUT UP, enough of the fake crying and the boohoo why won't he just marry my crazy ass.

Gary, that was actually cute. No bad words to say about it :)

Maci SHUT UP, No one cares about the venue price. Her segment was boring as hell.

Hahahahahaha, this is me, every episode, yelling at the TV. And yet I continue to torture myself.

For real, Farrah is insane. And her family act like hostages. Debra is certifiable.

• Love 7
On 9/21/2016 at 10:55 AM, Lm2162 said:

I actually thought Dr. Jenn's pieces of advice themselves were good. No one will deal with someone who acts that aggressive and insane. But it's also pretty messed up, as she said, to sort of insinuate you have a future together, which he's doing by even entertaining the ring thing or discussing its price, if you have no intention of doing so. 

If this was a random couple not in a sequined jumpsuit and not with that level of ugly cry, I'd say that advice wasn't the worst. But what makes it totally ridiculous is that their entire relationship is obviously a joke or an act for the cameras, or some sort of two sided arrangement, and Dr. Jenn is entertaining it as if it's some actual thing. She is so not an actual therapist. 

I kept saying to myself during the ugly cry, "Stop it or else your lips are gonna pop!  Stop it!  They're gonna pop!!!"

• Love 1