Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Jeremy "spun" it that he and Audrey walked away to focus more on their family and their writing, etc., etc., etc.

IMO, they were dropped from the show because they no longer fit into the "Little People" part of it, and TLC didn't want to continue to pay them.  

That, and I've always thought they wanted to push their merchandise on TV, and was rebuffed.  The fact that they want to leave the area they just moved to and go back to Bend just cemented that a bit more for me.

• Love 4

2ED5BD7C-4787-463E-B1EF-AF261F415F28.jpeg

audreyroloff

When Jeremy designed my wedding ring he had a message engraved on the inside of the band:

“Braid it”

If you’ve read A Love Letter Life, you know the story and meaning behind those words😜 But for those that don’t... It comes from a poem he wrote me when we were dating long-distance. One of the lines in it reads, “May we braid it together, Christ, you, and I.” The line is a reference to a verse in scripture, “A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken” (Ecclesiastes 4:12 NLT). Christ is the third strand who prevents the unraveling. Have you ever tried to braid your hair with just two strands? It doesn’t hold together too well😳 “Braid it” is our reminder that strong relationships have a three-strand structure, and we wanted that structure for the slogan of our love—plus, it’s a play on Daisy Braids, Jer’s nickname for me🌼

“To our future ahead
may it ever be met,
Let us draw our compass in the hands of Christ,
May no trial collect its due,
Lord grant us the strength to pursue on through,
May we braid it together, Christ you and I
And let us build upon this contagious love,
our past behind may we never forget
Amen” – @jeremyroloff 

Let’s braid it for life babe. 💌

• Love 1

In one of Jeremy’s stories today, he showed Amy sitting on the ground playing with Ember. As he walked up to them, he asked Ember if she was playing with “Grandma Amy.” What’s up with that? Is it normal to refer to your kid’s actual, biological grandmother (not to mention your own parent) by name? Why not just Grandma?  God, I hope they don’t call Caryn “Grandma Caryn.” Ugh.

• Love 1

I agree with Absolom. One of my childhood friends called her grandparents Mama [FirstName] and Papa [FirstName]. I'd say it might also be even more common in cases where multiple sets of grandparents for a kid have the same "title" name like "Grandma" or "Grandpa" (as opposed to one of them being "Grandma" and the other being "Gran" or something).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Quoth the Raven said:

I agree with Absolom. One of my childhood friends called her grandparents Mama [FirstName] and Papa [FirstName]. I'd say it might also be even more common in cases where multiple sets of grandparents for a kid have the same "title" name like "Grandma" or "Grandpa" (as opposed to one of them being "Grandma" and the other being "Gran" or something).

I'm seeing this more, too since there are now lots more great-grandparents around.  🙂 

• Love 1

Ahh, I see. I didn't realize this was a common thing (wonder if it's regional). I have 2 elementary-aged children and lots of friends with kids, and have just never heard anyone refer to their parents/grandparents by a first name. There are a ton of Gigi/Nana/Grammy nicknames, though, so maybe that's why. 

(edited)
46 minutes ago, StickStickley said:

Ahh, I see. I didn't realize this was a common thing (wonder if it's regional). I have 2 elementary-aged children and lots of friends with kids, and have just never heard anyone refer to their parents/grandparents by a first name. There are a ton of Gigi/Nana/Grammy nicknames, though, so maybe that's why. 

I'm on the upper side of 45, and I had two Grandmas until I was 7.  My dad's mom was Grammy G (I used her full first name) and my mom's mom was Grandma R (again, used her full first name).  It was just something I did, and I heard other kids do too.  Some others I knew would use "Grandma (last name)".

When Grandma R passed, Grammy G just became Grammy, and eventually "Gram" the older I got.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 2
On 5/24/2019 at 10:39 AM, StickStickley said:

In one of Jeremy’s stories today, he showed Amy sitting on the ground playing with Ember. As he walked up to them, he asked Ember if she was playing with “Grandma Amy.” What’s up with that? Is it normal to refer to your kid’s actual, biological grandmother (not to mention your own parent) by name? Why not just Grandma?  God, I hope they don’t call Caryn “Grandma Caryn.” Ugh.

I’m Italian and it’s the same for us- Nonna Firstname, Nonno Firstname. We also say first names for Aunty and Uncle. However, we were never allowed to refer to anyone as Mr or Mrs as it was a sign of disrespect and excluded them from the family. Everyone was an Aunty or Uncle. This tends to get some people’s back up especially if they don’t understand the cultural significance behind it. 

• Love 2

Anyone know what is up with the business, The Roloff Company?  It appears that Audrey and Jeremy, listed as president and secretary, registered for this new business a month ago, and are using the Roloff Farm address as the location of the new business.

Wonder what business they are starting on the farm?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

0D959BB3-9BA4-4072-AD8B-E83CFF9D5F02.jpeg

audreyroloff

Someone peed in the potty for the first time yesterday🙀 She’s been sitting on the toilet and making the sounds for weeks but yesterday was her first time actually peeing. Then this morning she was sitting on her picnic basket making a pee sound and asked to go again...and she did it again! How are toddlers so intuitive?🤯 Any tips for this entering the potty training phase?! It has officially begun🤘🏻

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

audreyroloff

Someone peed in the potty for the first time yesterday🙀 She’s been sitting on the toilet and making the sounds for weeks but yesterday was her first time actually peeing. Then this morning she was sitting on her picnic basket making a pee sound and asked to go again...and she did it again! How are toddlers so intuitive?🤯 Any tips for this entering the potty training phase?! It has officially begun🤘🏻

And, the one-upping begins...

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

audreyroloff

No snark on the toddler, but maybe she’s copying her mom’s open mouthed photo poses 😆...

• LOL 2

Do people (who have thousands of followers) REALLY have to talk about potty training????   I know social media has taken over our lives now (not mine), but do parents care at all about their children's privacy?  Or am I just uptight and describing potty training is no big deal? 

I think the upcoming years are going to be very interesting as the kids whose lives have been posted all over social media (not just reality shows, but normal families) are going to be older and able to voice their feelings about this.  I think I heard a piece on NPR a while back about that very issue, unfortunately can't find it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Do people (who have thousands of followers) REALLY have to talk about potty training???? 

It's common on reality shows with little kids. I'd rather not see it. Do the parents want their potty training made public?

18 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Do people (who have thousands of followers) REALLY have to talk about potty training???? 

In this case, I guarantee it is being posted about simply to one-up Jackson who is older, and to show what a potty prodigy Ember is.  Audrey can't comprehend that kids do things on their own time table and it has nothing to do with intelligence or anything else.

• Love 9
(edited)
26 minutes ago, judyjudyjudy said:

In this case, I guarantee it is being posted about simply to one-up Jackson who is older, and to show what a potty prodigy Ember is.  Audrey can't comprehend that kids do things on their own time table and it has nothing to do with intelligence or anything else.

It's so petty.  My SIL tried this competitive crap with me because her son was a few months older than mine.  What she didn't realize was that her son was her first child and mine was my third, so I'd already long realized that as long as your child's meeting their milestones within or close to within the "normal" range, none of it really matters and it's certainly not any indication of parental superiority if they meet them earlier.

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 15

Their marriage sounds exhausting....I find them to be superficial and shallow.  Wait until their first crisis hits them...then we will see how they lack coping skills.  

• Love 20
10 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Their marriage sounds exhausting....I find them to be superficial and shallow.  Wait until their first crisis hits them...then we will see how they lack coping skills.  

Those 2 ARE each other's first crisis.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

023ACD27-7376-40FC-9E56-E1898FDA8B32.jpeg

jeremyroloff

A few days ago I ran a poll on my instagram asking those who have not yet gotten #aloveletterlife “why not?” One of the #1 reasons was finances. And although we wish we could buy a book for everyone, that’s just not possible. So I had an idea... We all know the phrase “pay it forward.” Well, when I read a book that changes my perspective I always try to “book it forward” by buying it for someone else. 
So, in light of my recent poll, I want to #bookitforward with A Love Letter Life for 10 of you! 💌 And in doing so, we hope others who have read the book will join us and #bookitforward for some of you or someone in their life! 🙌🏼 Especially those that can’t afford it. 
All you have to do to be entered to win a signed copy of A Love Letter Life is: • like this photo
• follow @jeremyroloff
• follow @behindthescenespodcast
• tag two people in the comments who you think would enjoy the read

That’s it! I appreciate you guys. Thank you for following along our story and thank you for all the continued feedback in how ALLL has impacted you - in whatever season of life you are in. I hope this giveaway blesses those that receive it. Cheers to a good summer read! (It’s 50% off on Amazon right now too)

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

(It’s 50% off on Amazon right now too)

Hurry folks! Get it while you can! On sale! It's "half a love letter life".  I'm surprised Jeremy even admitted their book is already half price. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Brenda Walsh said:

What exactly does he do that makes him a “Farmer” besides driving around mommy and daddy’s property on a mule or having bonfires with his friends ?

He certainly has no shortage of manure.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That’s it! I appreciate you guys. Thank you for following along our story and thank you for all the continued feedback in how ALLL has impacted you

Oh yes indeed Auj. "ALLL" has "impacted" me. And I love (once again) her impeccable use of grammar: "Thank you for following along our story".   

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/25/2019 at 6:27 PM, MissTeacher13 said:

I’m Italian and it’s the same for us- Nonna Firstname, Nonno Firstname. We also say first names for Aunty and Uncle. However, we were never allowed to refer to anyone as Mr or Mrs as it was a sign of disrespect and excluded them from the family. Everyone was an Aunty or Uncle. This tends to get some people’s back up especially if they don’t understand the cultural significance behind it. 

On 5/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, StickStickley said:

My grandson, 18 months, calls us both "Grandma," so I assume we're going to differentiate with first names.

And I imagine Caryn will receive the unearned "Grandma" title, primarily because Jeremy is dismissive of his mother and Audrey seems to have outright disdain for her. First, I'm sure an LP mother-in-law is pretty far outside her brand; second, I'm sure the fact that Amy and Chris are intimate doesn't sit well with their moral superiority. 

I SO do not miss those two.

• Love 4
On 5/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, ginger90 said:

2ED5BD7C-4787-463E-B1EF-AF261F415F28.jpeg

audreyroloff

When Jeremy designed my wedding ring he had a message engraved on the inside of the band:

“Braid it”

If you’ve read A Love Letter Life, you know the story and meaning behind those words😜 But for those that don’t... It comes from a poem he wrote me when we were dating long-distance. One of the lines in it reads, “May we braid it together, Christ, you, and I.” The line is a reference to a verse in scripture, “A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken” (Ecclesiastes 4:12 NLT). Christ is the third strand who prevents the unraveling. Have you ever tried to braid your hair with just two strands? It doesn’t hold together too well😳 “Braid it” is our reminder that strong relationships have a three-strand structure, and we wanted that structure for the slogan of our love—plus, it’s a play on Daisy Braids, Jer’s nickname for me🌼

“To our future ahead
may it ever be met,
Let us draw our compass in the hands of Christ,
May no trial collect its due,
Lord grant us the strength to pursue on through,
May we braid it together, Christ you and I
And let us build upon this contagious love,
our past behind may we never forget
Amen” – @jeremyroloff 

Let’s braid it for life babe. 💌

I just love that photo.  It captures such a lovely moment.  

• Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

ys0lkigoa6231.jpg

Also see this from her InstaStory. On top of "blanket time" she has a nanny 3 days a week:

https://imgur.com/82JrpwA

Is this anything like the Dugger's blanket training where the baby's hands are slapped every time they move off of the blanket? If I remember that correctly, of course.

Edited by Tidbit
typo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tidbit said:

Is this anything like the Dugger's blanket training where the baby's hands are slapped very time they move off of the blanket? If I remember that correctly, of course.

I was thinking the same thing.  That's popular in Fundie and Fundie-Lite circles.  David Pearl wrote the book about it, and yes, you smack the child if they leave the blanket.  I have no use for crap like that.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

So what does she do 3 days a week in an “office” that she needs a nanny?  

D598919A-95BE-43C3-87AF-DF93A05AD9F4.jpeg

It takes a lot of time to figure out how to stand with the perfect thigh gap, lol.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

So what does she do 3 days a week in an “office” that she needs a nanny?  

D598919A-95BE-43C3-87AF-DF93A05AD9F4.jpeg

This is what pushed me over the edge to make an account here. The baby naps 2+ hours each day. They have childcare three days a week and she still forces the kid to play alone for an hour confined to a blanket?! I really hate the internet mom shaming culture but this just makes me so sad. Maybe bc Ember is a few months older than my daughter and I just can't imagine. 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Tidbit said:

Is this anything like the Dugger's blanket training where the baby's hands are slapped very time they move off of the blanket? If I remember that correctly, of course.

Exactly what I was thinking - blanket training is a thing, and it involves hitting!  I can't see Audrey believing in this, as evil as she is.

• Love 3
On 6/7/2019 at 9:52 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Kinda surprised Audrey didn’t insist on a “ Manny” instead of a nanny. Their nanny is pretty cute, and thin......😉

Maybe the nanny doesn't have thigh gap. Or mouth gap.

• Love 1

I'm surprised this thread and the Izzy and Jacob thread stay open.  None of them are part of the show and these forums are all about TV shows and the participants aren't they?  Don't kill me, just asking.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Dang! Auj is looking very ugly and emaciated. She looks like one of those women on Oregon's "faces of meth" website. I'm not suggesting she does meth...I'm sure she doesn't, just saying she looks like a very unhealthy person. 

And I don't care about her " behind the scenes" wedding day video. But I still love to come here and read everyone's comments!

• Love 4