Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

On 7/6/2018 at 11:07 PM, Literata said:

My rerun-watching continues. I'm on the episodes leading up to Jeremy and Audrey's wedding. And boy, are those episodes revealing in light of the way the two have evolved, or devolved, as a couple.

It's a cliche to blame a rift between a son and a mother on a bitchy new daughter-in-law, but before Jeremy and Audrey were married, Jeremy and Amy still seemed pretty close. The first televised hint of things to come, when Audrey and Jeremy were about to move to L.A., was this: 

Jeremy: "Now we'll just have to persuade my parents to come visit."

Audrey: "Uhhhhh ... no. Maybe we'll visit them. Eventually."

Another interesting scene: Jeremy explaining that his parents' divorce is the family's "new normal," and that the silver lining is that Amy is finding herself again.

Audrey: "No. It's a failed relationship. It's not normal."

I blame Jeremy for allowing Audrey to drive a wedge between him and his mom, whom the couple seems to hold primarily responsible for the divorce. These episodes make it clear that Jeremy was, if not altogether loving and accepting, at least more inclined to empathize before Audrey informed him that he shouldn't.

I think it would interesting to watch those old episodes.  I recall those days and it seemed to me like Auj and Jer were getting along fine with Matt and Amy, pre and post wedding.  And, if Auj was not on board with a divorce, then why does she seem fine with Matt and Caryn now?  If you would, since, you are already viewing, would you please post or PM me when you get to the part where Tori comments on how they steer clear of Amy when she goes off?  It would be during the wedding prep for Tori and Zack, I think.  But, it's Tori talking, with Zach, Jer and Auj all sitting together talking to the camera in one of those dialogue bits.  I just want to know which episode it is.  I think it would be really interesting to know what really is the deal with these family dynamics.  lol 

nd, if Auj was not on board with a divorce, then why does she seem fine with Matt and Caryn now? 

Because Auj is bright enough to suss out that Matt has more money and is more likely to bestow said money on Jeremy?

Also Auj tends to have a very traditional mindset - if Amy lost her man, it's because Amy wasn't pleasing her man and is therefore entirely the one at fault.

f you would, since, you are already viewing, would you please post or PM me when you get to the part where Tori comments on how they steer clear of Amy when she goes off?  It would be during the wedding prep for Tori and Zack, I think.  But, it's Tori talking, with Zach, Jer and Auj all sitting together talking to the camera in one of those dialogue bits.  I just want to know which episode it is. 

Since this one comment is the entire basis for the argument of "Everyone is terrified of Amy's incredibly violent temper, they all *walk on eggshells* and fear speaking to her as her wrath is violent and awful", I am genuinely surprised you don't know what episode it is. 

I remember the scene. I remember thinking it was nice that Tory didn't want to intentionally set Amy off. Maybe Tory is the only one who "walks on eggshells to avoid" Amy's wrath. I mean, Jeremy and Zach were in the room with Matt, demanding, with Matt, that Amy tell them her plans right then and no one seemed terrified of Amy and no one seemed to be dancing around Amy's feelings - they wanted an answer and displayed their own anger when they didn't get one.

And Amy, as it happens, was actually pretty calm for someone who routinely flies off the handle in psychotic rages. After all the filming, it sure seems odd we've never seen it filmed.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/5/2018 at 3:30 PM, Tidbit said:

Is this the photo? I found it at https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2018/07/jeremy-roloff-and-audrey-roloff-book-title-excerpts-leaked-onlin/

image.png.835d7c913d82181cbdf1901aa4bf15e0.png

I think she is trying to do mother/daughter boots. 

It was part of The Hollywood Gossip story about leaks from the book they've been writing "In A Love Letter Life" and it will be released in April of 2019 according to the site. There are excerpts from the book. The author doesn't appear to be overly impressed with the book. 

Elbert is the only one in this photo who doesn't look ridiculous. 

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Love 2
(edited)

Interesting ‘ I made the decision’.  So what did Audrey think about it? Did she agree with Jeremy? Did she disagree? Had she already decided not to appear herself?     

Does their website actually give them that much income? How is Jeremy going to work at the farm but not appear on the TLC show during pumpkin season?  Is Jeremy actually going to work at the farm?  Are they going to stay in that house or move back to Bend? Or maybe Hawaii? Or Arizona? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well, that's interesting...

I guess hawking oils and shilling for other online boutiques in addition to all their important millennial marriage missionary work is paying the bills enough for them to jump off the TLC payroll.  Maybe someone at Us Weekly offered Jerk & Odd a job based on their unique writing skills?  No one can turn a phrase with so much meaningless blather, and so very little attention to grammar, syntax and spelling conventions.  

Or (just speculating ) Jerk jumped the gun to make his announcement before Matt got the chance to let the world know he & Amy are selling the farm and moving on individually.  The joke re. Zach & Jerk "taking over" would finally be over.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 3

Maybe Jeremy and Audrey have been getting so much negative press that TLC decided against renewing their contract but is letting them save face by saying they made the decision to leave.

• Love 9

Well I guess that clears up the question as to whether Jer will be taking over the farm anytime soon. I can’t imagine he’d run the farm without being filmed (and the accompanying paycheck).

• Love 4

Financially, this seems like a dumb decision.  I would guess they are thinking they don't want to put Ember through what Jer and his siblings went through.  Having a marriage on reality tv usually spells death for the marriage so this is their way of beating 50 percent.

• Love 6

I would imagine that it's a tough decision to walk away.   How in the world would they make that much money doing regular jobs?  Odd.  I find it suspect. I wonder what happened.  I don't think that TLC would let them go.  TLC loves to air cast members that bring viewer debate.  I wonder if the couple is struggling and have decided that tv may be too much to handle.  (JUST SPECULATING.) 

• Love 3

I can hardly read anything Jeremy and Audrey write.  The spelling/grammar/pronoun/punctuation errors make me crazy!  I have seriously thought about asking her if she'd like me to be an editor/proofreader.  I cannot believe they don't have someone who does that for them, considering their constant sm presence.  They must be giving their book editor a run for his/her money!  

I agree that this seems suspect.  He says he made the decision a year ago, but the "tone"of this announcement makes me wonder what's up.  If you were planning to walk away a year ago, why film the birth?  I've had four children with no drugs.  I would NEVER have wanted to be filmed during that and, to me, childbirth is so personal/spiritual.  I'm surprised that Jeremy and Audrey didn't want to share that experience away from the TLC cameras.

• Love 1

Honestly, that is good news because they are annoying but I will miss Ember though, she is so cute! I wonder what they will do with the show now? Show Victoria (Tori), Zachary, Matthew, and Amy from now on or cancel the show?

1 hour ago, Julia67 said:

I can hardly read anything Jeremy and Audrey write.  The spelling/grammar/pronoun/punctuation errors make me crazy!  I have seriously thought about asking her if she'd like me to be an editor/proofreader.  I cannot believe they don't have someone who does that for them, considering their constant sm presence.  They must be giving their book editor a run for his/her money!  

I agree that this seems suspect.  He says he made the decision a year ago, but the "tone"of this announcement makes me wonder what's up.  If you were planning to walk away a year ago, why film the birth?  I've had four children with no drugs.  I would NEVER have wanted to be filmed during that and, to me, childbirth is so personal/spiritual.  I'm surprised that Jeremy and Audrey didn't want to share that experience away from the TLC cameras.

Most likely because they were under contract until the end of this seasons filming. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, zenme said:

Well, maybe they just want little people? 

If you miss Ember, I'm sure you can catch her on Instagram, Twitter, or some shit...

I hate Instagram and Twitter so I guess I have to catch Ember whenever she shows up on the show! 

• Love 1

I can say I was not expecting them to leave the show. I really want to know the actual reason behind this, it sounded like before he was banking on being the new "leader" as to speak for the farm. It doesn't seem possible to run the farm and not be on the show. Very interesting turn of events. I guess he's no longer interested in the farm? I can't say I'll miss them, more screen time for T and Z and baby J.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I would imagine that it's a tough decision to walk away.   How in the world would they make that much money doing regular jobs?  Odd.  I find it suspect. I wonder what happened.  I don't think that TLC would let them go.  TLC loves to air cast members that bring viewer debate.  I wonder if the couple is struggling and have decided that tv may be too much to handle.  (JUST SPECULATING.) 

This is an interesting point. I could not understand why the couple who seemed to LOVE the attention and money from the show and also wanted to run the farm would quit. This seems kind of like a plausible explanation.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if the couple is struggling and have decided that tv may be too much to handle.  (JUST SPECULATING.) 

My daughter thinks they are struggling and don't want the cameras around.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

They come off on the show to have been struggling, or at the very least, not having the wonderful marriage they portray via their social media pretty much since the marriage. 

They say they want to focus on their other businesses. It’ll be interesting to see how much money they be making off of them when they are no longer a relevant star on TLC? They only reason they have made any money is because of their “celebrity” status. Without the show, i doubt Audrey would’ve even given Jeremy a second look ) the Roloffs looked to be in a pretty tight financial situation before becoming a regular on TLC.) let alone sell any of their stuff.

• Love 3

In addition to the regular Instagram post, Jeremy posted an Instagram story where he talks about leaving and Audrey has a pretty serious stank face for most of the video while he is talking so I wonder if she is really 100% on board with this decision. Neither of these two are a rocket scientist but she seems to have a little more brain power than he does and she might be smart enough to realize that giving up that TLC income for basically doing nothing is not the best decision for their young family. 

• Love 4

I, King Jeremy, of the family Roloff proclaim our family thusly freed of Satan's reality show.  Idiot! At least you can really tell that he wrote this himself.  Why does this seem like a spur of the moment decision Jer came up with, and because Jezus says he is the head of the family, Audrey can't really say shit about it?

• Love 1

Interesting ‘ I made the decision’.  So what did Audrey think about it? Did she agree with Jeremy? Did she disagree? Had she already decided not to appear herself?     

If Audrey wants to portray herself as a *good* covenant Christian wife then her opinions on this topic don't matter. She's the wife, not the husband and as the wife, when her husband makes a decision, she has to grit her teeth and say "You're the man, you make the decision".

If this is what is going on (I have my doubts) then I hope she really enjoys the lesson of practicing what she preaches.

I suppose my current question here is does that mean Jeremy and Auj won't be in the season that Amy says is now filming?

I have so many different theories on this.

Theories where Jeremy and Auj actually made the decision to leave the show:

1. They *really* believe their book will make their careers take off. I really hope this isn't the case. Take it from me, there's not a huge amount of money to be had in writing books and their book is already going into a well filled niche market loaded with people who actually run spell check. My real concern is that this is  indeed the plan.

2. They don't want Ember raised on a tv show where she will always be the also ran for attention/They are realizing that marriages on reality shows pretty consistently implode/They're realizing that they cant actually be themselves since they are playing characters on a show. This is the theory that, because I am not a hateful person, I really want to be true.

But I think they were asked to leave/offered less money because as average height people who really have no interest in working on the farm or fully participating in family events, they're just not relevant any more. In their little Instagram videos, Auj looks *really pissed* and Jeremy wasn't exactly chipper.

These theories?

1. They were let go and allowed to present it as "we decided to leave" to save face. TLC has done this before. This explains the anger.

2. They were offered a lot less money because Zach and Tory are more popular and the show budget is focusing there. They played hard ball and lost since they aren't terribly popular with fans and they aren't little people.

3. They got fired because they aren't willing to continue to tone down their religious views and TLC already has a number of Krazy  Kristian Kult  shows. This could also be a "well, we quit then!" scenario.

4. They got fired because Jeremy won't work on the farm and Auj won't do things with the family and refused to take a pay cut or lesser status on the show.

5. the whole show is being canceled after the current filmed season because the concept is completely spent and it's harder and harder for production to control the story lines. In this scenario, there may be a Zach/Tory spinoff but I can't see that lasting long. 

Anyway, I would LOVE to know what Jer and Auj did to RadarOnline staffers to inspire all the rage they get there.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

In this scenario, there may be a Zach/Tory spinoff but I can't see that lasting long. 

Do not give them ideas, having a spinoff is a terrible idea and I do not see it lasting long like you said

• Love 2

My feeling is they are not walking off willingly. I think TLC decided that they should go since their presence brings the show down and they are not popular with the fans. TLC probably wants to focus more on Z & T. 

TLC is letting them  bow out gracefully and make it seem like it's J&S decision.... Of course this is my opinion. It just seems odd they decided to up and quit and leave all that money on the table for doing pretty much nothing.

• Love 6

There sure are some interesting points above made about why they are really leaving the show. I'm still on the fence, though, I'm still leaning to them possibly struggling with their marriage.   It surely does not make sense financially, but, maybe, there is something that we aren't aware of.  Perhaps, the real reason will eventually be evident as time goes by and especially when the next season premiers.  Do you think that Jacob and his girlfriend are returning on air and that caused the money split to the adult kids to become too small?  Did Jer's plan to wait two years to start working on the farm get rejected and so there is no place for him on the show now? I'm even wondering if Chris might have moved into the big house with Amy and this offends Jer and Auj. You know, against their sensibilities, though, I'm not even sure that they would care about that kind of thing. 

8 hours ago, Rap541 said:

They were let go and allowed to present it as "we decided to leave" to save face. TLC has done this before. This explains the anger.

2. They were offered a lot less money because Zach and Tory are more popular and the show budget is focusing there. They played hard ball and lost since they aren't terribly popular with fans and they aren't little people.

3. They got fired because they aren't willing to continue to tone down their religious views and TLC already has a number of Krazy  Kristian Kult  shows. This could also be a "well, we quit then!" scenario.

I'm on board with any and all of these.  My other hypothesis:

In a nod to the Krazy Kristian Kult views (and please understand I'm not calling all Christians "cultists" here, but I don't care for extreme, discriminatory manifestations of religious beliefs), I wonder if they've been offered another show on another network -- one in which they can be "out" in their views to a greater degree, and tie in all their "Always More" and "Beating Fifty Percent" dreck. 

I'm wondering if Jer, in his moment of insight into just how disliked they really are, realized that Jacob and Molly, who have elected to not be on the show any longer, have a larger fan base. Perhaps he thinks they will amazingly get all these fans if people are forced to see them on social media only. And he thinks they can get more money out of TLC for their limited appearances.

16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How in the world would they make that much money doing regular jobs?

They won't!   Is it too much to imagine that the Roloffs had good financial advisers all these years and they all have a good nest egg and investments (other than the "farm")?

Do you think that Jacob and his girlfriend are returning on air and that caused the money split to the adult kids to become too small? 

Interesting theory, Sunny, but I can't see Jacob returning to the show. 

Did Jer's plan to wait two years to start working on the farm get rejected and so there is no place for him on the show now?

This is similar to my "they're no longer relevant on a show about little people if Jeremy also won't work on the farm" theory, I concur!

I'm even wondering if Chris might have moved into the big house with Amy and this offends Jer and Auj.

If this is true, I'd give them nominal respect for standing up for their beliefs but couching it in "we decided to leave on our own" takes away the power of such a righteous move.

Literata said:

I wonder if they've been offered another show on another network -- one in which they can be "out" in their views to a greater degree, and tie in all their "Always More" and "Beating Fifty Percent" dreck. 

I did wonder this as well but.... honestly, I don't know where they would be offered another show. The reality of reality tv is that drama sells, not prim and proper "Our marriage is perfect and we never do anything but smile" stuff. I also think being more "out" with their views will ultimately hurt their popularity more than they thnk.

Julia67 said:

Did anyone see on the new IG feature where you can ask questions that Jeremy mentioned "Beating 50 percent" conventions and a book tour??? Yikes!

This is what I mean about unrealistic expectations concerning their book.

• Love 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

They won't!   Is it too much to imagine that the Roloffs had good financial advisers all these years and they all have a good nest egg and investments (other than the "farm")?

Are you referring to the Roloffs as Jer and Auj? (I do think that Matt and Amy had financial advisers and likely have their own investments.)  But, with Jer and Auj, I would say....no....I mean, I don't know, but, based on what we've seen on the show, it's difficult to imagine, but, I guess anything is possible.  Maybe, Auj has a Trust fund or maybe Jer saved every dime that he made on TLC and invested it wisely, but, they sure did seem to struggle with cost when they were buying their house.  And then the issue with the costs of renovations....it didn't strike me as them being comfortable. They seem to live frugal though.  Maybe, they keep their cost down.   It would be nice to be free from reality, if you can afford it.  I suppose time will tell if it was a wise move. I don't fault them though.  I think it would be terrible to be on a reality tv show, but, I'd do it to pay the bills. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I thought Auj's father is some kind of financial advisor.  Maybe he helped them get into a financial space where they're not wealthy, but can pay for their monthly expenses without the show. Auj married a guy with essentially no real education. The show is the most money he'll make. What can he do? Auj may have to be the main breadwinner.

• Love 2

image.thumb.png.00abda33d11d72f2d15d90cdb758c73d.png

It's nice to see these twenty eight year olds who want to be Christian public speakers are handling criticism with the maturity we've all come to love and expect from spoiled reality whores with no manners. 

Little tip, Jer and Auj. People will always make this criticism and it always works because your response is always to arrogantly insist anyone who questions your qualifications is ignorant and knows nothing. Now that the training wheels of TLC money are coming off, you may find the cleaned up version of "Fuck you and fuck your question you fucking idiot" isn't going to cut it.

You want to be professional writers and speakers on Christian marriage. That you've been presenting yourself as marriage counselors and experts since the first days of your marriage will always come up. Maybe it's time you come up with a professional and polite response to this question? Because it's certainly not a new question and it will come up again, and the more you respond like spoiled five year olds throwing a tantrum, the more people will find it a valid criticism.

• Love 20

I wonder if jer has finally realized Amy is not just going to hand over her house and Matt isn't going to offer him the farm on a silver platter, so he is flouncing off the show in a self important attempt to stick it to them ...

Like anyone cares if him and his nasty wife are on the show at all ...

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, zenme said:

I thought Auj's father is some kind of financial advisor.  Maybe he helped them get into a financial space where they're not wealthy, but can pay for their monthly expenses without the show.

He probably came into the picture at least ten years too late!  The family should have been investing since Day One of the show.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Are you referring to the Roloffs as Jer and Auj?

ALL Roloffs.

• Love 1

I thought Auj's father is some kind of financial advisor.  Maybe he helped them get into a financial space where they're not wealthy, but can pay for their monthly expenses without the show. Auj married a guy with essentially no real education. The show is the most money he'll make. What can he do? Auj may have to be the main breadwinner.

I just don't believe they've made enough money from that show to essentially retire at 28. Not without dramatically downsizing their lifestyle. And not with a one year old. 

Matt and Amy are probably fine from a retirement standpoint. But Jer and Auj? Too young and living way too high on the hog to be in the never work again pile.

I just don't think they're walking away as their own decision. Auj looked way too pissed at the start of the instastory for me to think her smile during the instastory was real. 

The more I think about it, the more I think they got let go and are being allowed to present it as "we're leaving".

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm not sure what their plans are, but, it's probably a relief to lessen some of the pressure.  I've never noticed any high living on their part.  Hmmm....the trip to Hawaii, yes, but, they don't seem to splurge on clothes, shoes, grooming, furniture or cars, so, .....lol.

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Sunny - I strongly suggest you check our their instagrams where Auj goes over her fav vendors. They have VERY expensive tastes in clothes, and furniture and a number of their "cozy camping retreats" have been at resorts that cost thousands of dollars. Also all the essential oil crap is actually really expensive. Add in a 465k house? And at least three cars and a motorcycle to pay for and insure? And a baby? They're not frugal. They're actually pretty spendy when it comes to their lifestyle.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

Sunny - I strongly suggest you check our their instagrams where Auj goes over her fav vendors. They have VERY expensive tastes in clothes, and furniture and a number of their "cozy camping retreats" have been at resorts that cost thousands of dollars. Also all the essential oil crap is actually really expensive. Add in a 465k house? And at least three cars and a motorcycle to pay for and insure? And a baby? They're not frugal. They're actually pretty spendy when it comes to their lifestyle.

Yes, I was gonna type that if Auj read that she didn't "look expensive," that would be of the highest of insults to her. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

5. the whole show is being canceled after the current filmed season because the concept is completely spent and it's harder and harder for production to control the story lines. In this scenario, there may be a Zach/Tory spinoff but I can't see that lasting long. 

This is the theory that makes the most sense based on Amy's response to their announcement. She said it's time "...for all of us to move on." 

• Love 1