Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Perhaps I don't understand that 'always more' thing..I take it as an entitled person who isn't satisfied and/or grateful for what they have....they just keep on wanting more....am I wrong?

It's her take on Ephesians 3:20 which says, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."  But, the secular take-away is what most people get from the phrase - that you (not God) can always do more than you think. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1E4C913C-9DBD-4794-85CD-A26DFA579D8A.jpeg

Auj has been telling and retelling anyone who'll listen that Ember is learning to ski in her skis and boots from when she was 3.

She seems to think it's a really big deal..... when I was growing up it was pretty normal for families to pass down ice skates and other sports gear.

Don't people do that anymore?

I learned to skate in my mom's ice skates also used her baseball glove from when she was a young girl.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Does Audrey’s family have money?  They always seem to be away with them in rented homes for ski vacations and in the summer lake or beach fun someplace.  

From what I found , her father is Principal, Investment Adviser, Portfolio Manager,  and founder of the company, so if he does his job well, I’d say they have money. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Does Audrey’s family have money?  They always seem to be away with them in rented homes for ski vacations and in the summer lake or beach fun someplace.  

There was a post on reddit a few years ago with details...they have a beautiful home with inground pool on acreage and they also have a couple vacation homes.

I'm assuming none of that has changed because Auj still posts pics from the same places.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Audrey's family does indeed have money.  Their home in Hillsboro, OR (near the railroad trestle that figures prominently in their courtship and stories) is valued on Zillow at just under $1.6 million.  Their vacation home in Brasada Ranch, near Bend, OR shows up on Zillow at just over $1.1 million.  

I think Audrey going on and on about how Ember learned to ski on the same pair she learned on at age three is her way of humble-bragging about how privileged she was growing up, with snow-skiing and water-skiing and other expensive activities.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Auj has been telling and retelling anyone who'll listen that Ember is learning to ski in her skis and boots from when she was 3.

She seems to think it's a really big deal..... when I was growing up it was pretty normal for families to pass down ice skates and other sports gear.

Don't people do that anymore?

I learned to skate in my mom's ice skates also used her baseball glove from when she was a young girl.

I had to learn how to ride a bike on my mother's big ass 1950s bike.. no brakes.. WIIIIDE handlebars.. a nightmare i tell you.. This was in the 70s.  The first 2 (of my siblings) never skiied.. but then time went on and my 2 younger brothers learned how to ski and really loved it.. their families go skiing all the time - I went to a ski night in highschool.. fell and never went back.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Auj should have that chin mole removed. It's a very small job and they can afford it. Not a good look on her chin.

Definitely something to get taken care of, and have a biopsy done, IMO.

• Love 4
On 1/2/2021 at 4:24 PM, Tzeitel said:

Audrey's family does indeed have money.  Their home in Hillsboro, OR (near the railroad trestle that figures prominently in their courtship and stories) is valued on Zillow at just under $1.6 million.  Their vacation home in Brasada Ranch, near Bend, OR shows up on Zillow at just over $1.1 million.  

I think Audrey going on and on about how Ember learned to ski on the same pair she learned on at age three is her way of humble-bragging about how privileged she was growing up, with snow-skiing and water-skiing and other expensive activities.

Isn't that where the Roloff farm is?  Did the family buy the place there after she met Jeremy?  

Bingo on the humblebrag!

• Useful 1

Her parents bought the place in rural Hillsboro (also known as the Helvetia area) in August of 2014 for $1.4 million.  It's about one mile as the crow flies from Roloff Farm, but a little over two miles driving.  Since Jeremy and Audrey got married in September of 2014, they were already engaged when the parents bought that house. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Make sure to get all of those "dun" freebies they created!!

What is it with this family and all the typos, mistakes, blunders?

Most people would be embarrassed or take note when mistakes are pointed out over and over again but not the Roloff's they just keep barreling forward mistakes and all. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yeah...what the heck is a "dun" freebie? 

I'm assuming that she meant "fun" freebies.

I took a look on her instagram and apparently the "freebies" are a pdf file of the first two chapters and other similar downloads etc. 🙄  *snore*

Their podcast is back this evening as well, so Auj is on cloud nine blabbering about it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, SMama said:

What is it?

It looks like some type of indoor jungle gym for climbing on,

I agree with Dustbunny.... looks a bit scary for a baby who can't walk yet.

If he climbs up and comes down face first he could split his lip or crack his head into the floor.

They have a thing about their kids doing stuff early and being fearless, they used to take Ember to the park and get her to climb the big jungle gym when she was only 2... I held my breath sometimes while watching the videos.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It looks like some type of indoor jungle gym for climbing on,

I agree with Dustbunny.... looks a bit scary for a baby who can't walk yet.

If he climbs up and comes down face first he could split his lip or crack his head into the floor.

They have a thing about their kids doing stuff early and being fearless, they used to take Ember to the park and get her to climb the big jungle gym when she was only 2... I held my breath sometimes while watching the videos.

Thank you, I could not make sense of it. 

14 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't like their combined Christmas/birthday present idea at all.  Plus they've published it on the internet for people to remember.  I hope it's the only year they try that.

Agree, Christmas and birthdays should have separate gifts. I guess their endless purchases do not extend to Bodie Bear.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 3

Those things aren’t cheap, either. I looked for something similar for my 18 month old grandson, and you’re looking at a minimum of $200, depending on the company. I guess being authors pays off. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't like their combined Christmas/birthday present idea at all.  Plus they've published it on the internet for people to remember.  I hope it's the only year they try that.

My birthday is 9 days before Christmas.  I ALWAYS suggest to parents of kids whose birthday is within a couple of weeks of Christmas that December 25th is Jesus' birthday.  Even if a child is born ON Christmas day, the child deserves individual recognition of his own birthday.  Combined gifts are a BIG no-no.  And don't wrap the child's gift in Christmas paper.

How will Bode feel when he's old enough to be aware of it when Ember gets a nice big present for her birthday and a DIFFERENT big present for Christmas, and he gets ONE big present for both.  Trust me.  It's not a happy moment in a child's life when he realizes that celebrating his birthday - on its own - is not worth his parents' time or effort.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

Those things aren’t cheap, either. I looked for something similar for my 18 month old grandson, and you’re looking at a minimum of $200, depending on the company. I guess being authors pays off. 🙄

Do you have a link? Curious what the finished product looks like. 

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, SMama said:

Agree, Christmas and birthdays should have separate gifts. I guess their endless purchases do not extend to Bodie Bear.

Eh, the kid is one. And I assume the pandemic and the weather is preventing the normal extravaganza that the Roloffs make for birthdays.

• Useful 1

Eh, when has the pandemic ever stopped Roloffs from gathering and celebrating?  I suspect there will be a first birthday party for Bode Boy, with heavy emphasis on how closely it coincides with the book launch (both were one year in the making!) and podcast drop.  

• Love 3

They ran out the door to Barnes and Noble to see if their book was on display and took a sharpie so they could surprise shoppers by autographing books but they didn't have any copies of their book... Bwahahahahaaa!!!! 

Jer and Auj drove home deflated and complaining about Barnes and Noble and how they screwed up and needed to fix their mistake! 

I'm sure the people at Barnes and Noble were shaking in their boots worrying about disappointing these two idiots.

I had to roll my eyes while they were discussing their book and saying how it is such a great tool for marriages and Jer says "like when you come home from work after 8 hours and feel exhausted you can pick up our book and read about how we handled it"

Wtf???? Jer is at home all day everyday and when he goes to the farm he's with Auj while they sit in their office and tell each other how awesome they are... 🙄

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, Tzeitel said:

Eh, when has the pandemic ever stopped Roloffs from gathering and celebrating?  I suspect there will be a first birthday party for Bode Boy, with heavy emphasis on how closely it coincides with the book launch (both were one year in the making!) and podcast drop.  

Exactly I follow them pretty closely and you wouldn't know there was a pandemic,  they've been on the go the whole time visiting friends and family, ski trips, shopping trips, dining out and going here there and everywhere.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, SMama said:

Do you have a link? Curious what the finished product looks like. 

Having trouble posting a link, but I found what looks to be the same thing on Amazon. Pikler Triangle for Kids With Ramp

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

Having trouble posting a link, but I found what looks to be the same thing on Amazon. Pikler Triangle for Kids With Ramp

Thank you! Description sounds safe. 🙄Going to check it out to give as a gift to all non walkers I know. 

• Love 1