Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: All Bets Are Off

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Oh darn - does Delores' dog die?  I don't think I can watch that.  

Yeah in the preview it showed Siggy giving a crying Dolores flowers. It appears most likely that she had the dog put down. :( I don't really want to see that either. Maybe we only hear her tell the story, I doubt she would have wanted cameras there while she was doing that, but then again you never know with these shows. I hope that cameras weren't there though. :(

• Love 5
23 hours ago, mwell345 said:

So the new episode is tomorrow, not tonight?  Wonder why.  Don't confuse me Bravo, I like to think have these things worked out. 

I have two guesses:

1. Sunday night before a holiday = Less viewers. 

2. Bravo is hoping the audience from OC will add some more eyeballs to Jersey's poor ratings. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, PerPlexied said:

I have two guesses:

2. Bravo is hoping the audience from OC will add some more eyeballs to Jersey's poor ratings. 

Probably right.  I guess because Andy is frolicking in the Hamptons, he thinks everyone else is too.  : )

• Love 3

Just waiting for the Teresa and Joe divorce while he is away at "camp". The nasty slug is locked away and can't do a thing to stop it and then is deported upon his "graduation".

Teresa is playing this out like a genius. (She has some good advisors hidden somewhere).

• Love 2

Gia is really grown up and aware of what her parents are going thru.

Went thru the same thing with my parents (no prison issues) but alcoholic LOUD (non abusive) dad and was so happy when my mom divorced him. He never tried to contact me or my sibling when they divorced even though my mom never said a bad word about him to us ( but we were old enough to figure out what was going on)and said if we wanted to have a relationship with him we could.

He just moved on to marry again with childeren around the same age and "forgot" about us.

Move along and forward with your girls Tre and don't look back just like my mom did. Don't ask for alimony, child support ect. F-him, you can do this all on your own and except for Gia your girls are so young they will adjust with the proper guidance. Be a STRONG woman for them!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Went thru the same thing with my parents (no prison issues) but alcoholic LOUD (non abusive) dad and was so happy when my mom divorced him. He never tried to contact me or my sibling when they divorced even though my mom never said a bad word about him to us ( but we were old enough to figure out what was going on)and said if we wanted to have a relationship with him we could.

He just moved on to marry again with childeren around the same age and "forgot" about us.

Move along and forward with your girls Tre and don't look back just like my mom did. Don't ask for alimony, child support ect. F-him, you can do this all on your own and except for Gia your girls are so young they will adjust with the proper guidance. Be a STRONG woman for them!

I'm so sorry for what you went through. It baffles me how men can get divorced and remarried and just forget about their kids from their first marriage. 

It made me so sad seeing Gia saying that prison would be "good" for Joe. It makes me wonder what goes on in the Giuidice family behind closed doors. Joe is certainly verbally abusive on camera. I couldn't believe he told Teresa that he would smack her head against the wall if she dared to bring up his father. Not that I thought he was actually going to do it, but it was still frightening to hear a man speak to his wife in such a horrific manner.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, rhys said:

Any idea as to who Joe's friend is? I did a double take when I heard Teresa say she couldn't be around~other~ felons. Squee!

They didn't put his name on the screen, so I have no idea. I just couldn't believe he got so upset about not being able to get into a book signing. He was acting like he got rejected from Heaven or something.

41 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Joe better try to dry out before he heads to prison. Otherwise in addition to the culture shock of prison, he will be dealing with detoxing when he goes in.

He said he was going into a treatment program in prison in an interview about a year ago. I hope he kept his word because he becomes a very nasty person when he's drinking. It's a sad day when your own daughter is saying that prison will be good for you because your drinking is so out of control.

• Love 15

I'm still a bit confused by what went down with Joe's ex-con friend. He sounded like he was shouting about someone trying to keep him from his kid but the couldn't go into Tre's event either so I'm not sure what that was all about.

My heart hurts for Gia. Joe Giudice can be surprisingly likable once in awhile, at least as a character on a TV show and not someone I actually interact with. Other times he is absolutely horrible, especially to his family. I couldn't believe some of the stuff he said to Tre tonight, although this is the same guy who called her a bitch and a cunt on camera for no apparent reason. 

Melissa sounded like a spoiled brat. I would be seriously pissed if she called me up on vacation about some petty shit like that. I've never minded Melissa as much in the past - I felt a bit bad for her because she's clearly not very bright, she's married to JoeGo and she has Teresa as a combative SIL, but she has always been pretty harmless compared to the likes of Tre, Jac, etc. She is seriously wearing on any piece of good will I have towards her with her vanity project store bullshit though. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I'm so sorry for what you went through. It baffles me how men can get divorced and remarried and just forget about their kids from their first marriage. 

It made me so sad seeing Gia saying that prison would be "good" for Joe. It makes me wonder what goes on in the Giuidice family behind closed doors. Joe is certainly verbally abusive on camera. I couldn't believe he told Teresa that he would smack her head against the wall if she dared to bring up his father. Not that I thought he was actually going to do it, but it was still frightening to hear a man speak to his wife in such a horrific manner.

Thanks!

I guess apathy would best be described how I feel for my father.

• Love 2

I got nothing....  I don't care about Joe going to prison because he earned it.  I feel for his kids but maybe that's where he should be for their well being.  I don't care about Mel's business.  I don't care about Delores having to pay her bills.  I don't care about Rosie's relationship with Joe (I do still kind of like Rose because I do think she has a good heart).  I don't care about Joe's felon friend, Chris, freaking out.  I don't care about Tre's new book.  The only thing positive that I can think of is that Ashlee's boyfriend seems like a nice enough guy and Joey taking Antonia to the father/daughter dance was sweet.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

They didn't put his name on the screen, so I have no idea. I just couldn't believe he got so upset about not being able to get into a book signing. He was acting like he got rejected from Heaven or something.

He said he was going into a treatment program in prison in an interview about a year ago. I hope he kept his word because he becomes a very nasty person when he's drinking. It's a sad day when your own daughter is saying that prison will be good for you because your drinking is so out of control.

They did put his name up. It was C. Columbo I believe. The name also appeared on Joe's phone when they were texting.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, PerPlexied said:

I have two guesses:

I don't think all holidays are detrimental to Sunday viewing. Given the paltry responses in this thread, I believe a lot of regulars missed the episode. 

• Love 1

Umm, Rosie, Joe Giu was too damn drunk to roll out of bed and go play poker.  Joe doesn't exactly have a healthy relationship with alcohol, but somehow you're surprised he didn't make it to poker night.  There are many reasons to be mad at Tre but Joe's drinking like a fish is not one of them.  He's a grown man who can really suck down the wine. 

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 9

I have always had a problem with the federal judiciary splitting the parents sentencing up.  The kids were left in the care of an admitted practicing alcoholic?  Ridiculous. 

Gia needs to stop trying to be the adult in her family.  Not good for her or her sisters.  Live life as a kid.  Therapy.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I have always had a problem with the federal judiciary splitting the parents sentencing up.  The kids were left in the care of an admitted practicing alcoholic?  Ridiculous. 

Gia needs to stop trying to be the adult in her family.  Not good for her or her sisters.  Live life as a kid.  Therapy.

But on the other hand, what should the judiciary have done?  Bottom line for me is that it was all screwed up and the kids would have lost (mentally) no matter what decision was made.  Sad. 

And all of it, especially Gia, is sad to watch.

• Love 7

I finally got caught up on this season! Been too busy for much tv escape lately (and I dearly missed that) and haven't even gotten to the new season of RHWOC on my dvr. Strongly agree with those here who think Jac is in desperate need of therapy. I think she could perhaps could do with an inpatient stint in a mental hospital. Not even joking.  I fear her having a breakdown while Nick is in her care.  I usually HATE her with a passion - always have - but the previews for the rest of the seson kind of made pity her more than hate her. She is seriously f'ed up. That said, I wish one of the women would call her out on her "badass" routine where she gets in their faces and threatens them.  I'd love to see her get her ass kicked.  Ashley is such a little bitch feeding into Jac's paranoia regarding Tre with her "make sure it's not fake" comment when Jac was talking about how nice it was that she and Tre got along on the spa trip.

Joe Gui is such a Jeckle/Hyde kinda guy. I like him when he's sober but wow, he's a total asshole when drunk.  I can't believe the way he spoke to Tre and Gia. As awful as it is for the kids to lose their dad for 3 years, in this case I think they will be better off in the long run.  Gia is wise beyond her years and I find that sad.

I feel so bad for Rosie! I think she genuinely loves both Joe Gui and Tre and truly misses having a relationship with them both. Kathy not so much.  IMO, Kathy is seething with jealousy for Tre and the fact that she became the "star".  I think Rosie just wants her family back and to be close.  I hope Tre can separate the two - meaning Kathy and Rosie - and get back her relationship with Rosie.  I also hope Joe Gui makes it a priority to spend a little time with Rosie to say goodbye  before he goes to camp.

Joe Go and Antonia were so cute together! Having lost many pets to old age or illness over my lifetime I  felt terrible for Dolores losing her dog. I'm glad they didn't film the whole saying goodbye to the dog, taking it to the vet part. I wouldn't have been able to watch that.

• Love 9

Wow, they switched nights on us & it seems like everybody missed the show. I'm up early, so I figured I'd add my $.02 & start the day out right! Lol

Unless there's a pile-up, I don't really have a side I take when they fight on this show. I go back and forth.

I love Dolores. And, to a lesser extent, Siggy. They seem real, rational, like they're representing New Jersey, but not that they have anything to prove, and that refreshes me. They seem like a throwback to the type of people the show was looking to cast when it started. Bravo to Bravo--you got it right seven years later lol. 

Anyone feel like the subtext of the women encouraging Dolores to stand strong and pay her own bills was that Dolores's youngest will be 18 soon, and maybe the Frank gravy train of support is coming to an end, and she's just in denial? Maybe the kitchen renovation was the c'oup de grace? 

Rosie...strikes me as an unstable, possibly volatile person. She just puts me into a state of unease when shes's around. 

Was it just me, or was the poker party at Chris Laurita's house somehow very sad as compared to the Season 2 poker game, when Jaqueline threw Ashley out of the house? Speaking of, I wonder how Pete feels about being the second boyfriend of Ashley's to be filmed as the odd man out at the Laurita Family and Friends Testosterone -fueled Poker Tour. I can't speak for Pete, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with being Ashley's Boyfriend: the Remix for the show. 

So, we're at Teresa's book party, and here comes Rino and the twins...and? Where was Bobby? Guess there was a locked bathroom calling his name...

So, Dolores and Sig are cool, I find Jacqueline's descent into bankruptcy and insanity a bit creepy, and Teresa, damnit, is bringing the good TV. Her storyline was very interesting this episode, as a glimpse into a family that is struggling in a pretty unique way. I'm not going to really label or judge Joe's behavior right now. If I was facing 3-4 years of prison within the next month (even if I deserved it), I'd probably be acting berserk too.

I think Melissa is very fake. Now that she isn't fighting with Teresa, she is just...there. I don't believe her that she is away from her kids, slaving away at the store, and having to weigh marital commitment issues against the desire to strike out on one's own. I think it's a vanity project, it probably won't ever get into the black, and she's just doing it so she can pretend to have an internal struggle about values in order to seem deep. It also doesn't hurt her ego to get her business partner on the phone, so that said business partner can crow that not everyone is a size zero like Melissa. I see what you did there Jacky! Ugh. (BTW, I beg to differ about Melissa being a size 0. I saw her in her bikini last episode, and girl friend looks like she's probably a 4 or a 2, depending on how the clothes are cut. Size 0 for Melissa's height would be damn near emancipated. Melissa is not emaciated by any stretch. She's just slender). Everything, including "insults," are calculated for an image. 

Melissa, getting Antonia ready for the dance: "why don't you trust me to curl your hair? I do it to myself all the time." Pause. Antonia: "Your hairstylist does." Melissa does not refute this. Lol.

I don't think Melissa is a bad person--don't think she's cunning or devious. I just don't think she's at all interesting, and I really think she feels herself because she is a smidge smarter than her sister-in-law.

The most interesting thing to me about that random guy's freak-out was how Joe approached him with a friendly arm gesture & the guy lost his shit. I wanna know what he was angry about. If not even the mob and the government can keep him out of a fellow felon's book launch, then why wasn't he in there? Lol

• Love 19
6 hours ago, breezy424 said:

But on the other hand, what should the judiciary have done?  Bottom line for me is that it was all screwed up and the kids would have lost (mentally) no matter what decision was made.  Sad. 

And all of it, especially Gia, is sad to watch.

Because Joe is threatened with deportation it gets sticky, but had he gone in forthwith, he would be out 16 months from now instead of 30 months from now.  It seems Teresa's new attorney is quite capable and willing to run her financial affairs, and Joe and Teresa's siblings and parents could have watched the children. 

I also thought Teresa's attorney was taking it a little too far with the felon bit.  Joe and Teresa are both felons and live under the same roof.  No one expects someone to vet an attire event.  Mob weddings would not be the events they are if the felon rule stuck. 

• Love 3

Juicy is losing it. Poor guy. It's not an excuse for him to be so shitty to his wife and daughter, but he is clearly struggling with his upcoming "camp" trip. The kids are too. Tre says they're not the type to "dwell" on it and talk about it every day, but maybe there SHOULD be more talking? People need to get their feelings about this out and not just hold it all in, or drown it in alcohol. Tre seems to function very well with burying all her shit, but not everyone can do that. 

You know it's bad when Gia is looking forward to her father going away, and hoping it will change him for the better. Well, it worked for Tre.  To a degree. She is in better shape, seems lighter and more able to let shit go. Hopefully it will have a similar effect on him, but right now the situation is killing him. 

But what was up with his friend freaking out because he couldn't come to the event? Who was that guy and why did he care so much? Kids can't come into bars, no surprise there. No one was insulting your child, just following the law. Why did he want to go to Tre's book signing so badly that he needed to flip out on the streets? And why is Juicy involved with this guy? Just so weird. 

Who knows the real reason he didn't go to poker night, but I thought Rosie's temper tantrum was ridiculous. If you want to talk to Joe, just call him. The way she acted was like she didn't care about anyone else there, and that was pretty insulting. 

I think Melissa has buyer's remorse with her shop. I think she thought it would be a lot more fun and less work. Her kids are all in school now, and she could be living that nice housewife life, but she's stuck dealing with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. 

Dolores really needs to get off of Frank's teat. She doesn't even know she has life insurance???? WTF? I really don't get the whole, "I'm a housewife, I don't pay bills" thing. I am a SAHM. My husband has been the sole income earner for about 8 years now. I handle all the finances. For one, I have more time. But I'm also more organized. But we BOTH know what we have - what bills, what assets, etc. I copy and paste our statement every Friday to a document for my husband and I also let him know what bills are coming due that week. So we both know exactly what we have. Why would anyone want to be in the dark about their financial status????

• Love 12
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

The only thing positive that I can think of is that Ashlee's boyfriend seems like a nice enough guy and Joey taking Antonia to the father/daughter dance was sweet.

I generally don't care for Gorga, but I liked him in that moment. "You ready dance? You ready to go all night? Because you know me." Cute. 

• Love 4

Granted, Joe Guidice is his own worst enemy.   We've seen it before - the drinking, the verbal abusiveness, the infamous Vineyard phone call.  But it seems like this episode was a little heavy handed - we were being hit over the head with how awful he is, and what a saint Teresa is (her tearful talking heads, her "love story" comment during the book party).  From Joe we got drinking to excess, more verbal abuse, his daughter hoping "camp" will change him, and of course, his Friend the Felon. All of it included in the episode (One wonders what they left on the cutting room floor).

Plenty of ammunition, courtesy of Bravo, to make her look like Saint Teresa  if and when she decides to divorce him.    There was that blind item in January about the reality star and the lawyer (who was kind enough to show up in last night episode and "get Joe" for her). Teresa is media savvy - she can come across as the poor wife who had to put up with this  "Look - it was even on TV and there was alot that you didn't see" "I tried so hard, it was his fault I went to prison camp to begin with, blah blah blah".

Of course, there are 4 wild cards - the girls.

Don't misunderstand me - I would not want to be married to the guy for a million dollars.  I just think it's interesting how he's gone from being portrayed as a contender for Father of the Year (taking care of the girls while Teresa was at her "camp") to pretty much an albatross around her neck, threatening her and bringing Felon Friends into their lives.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, rhys said:

Any idea as to who Joe's friend is? I did a double take when I heard Teresa say she couldn't be around~other~ felons. Squee!

I thought I saw "Chris C" on his chyron, both when he was screaming on the phone and when he was screaming in person. Son's name was ... Jason or something? If anyone on here moves in the right circles (cough), I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to piece together. 

10 hours ago, 100PercentPain said:

And did anyone else spy Dorinda at the book signing? 

Yes -- I love how she's identified as "friend of Theresa" instead of "New York Housewife," which I feel like they used to do when they had these mini-crossover appearances? We all know who Dorinda is, Andy. Same with the terrible twins -- "Friends of Theresa." Bullshit they were. 

• Love 6
On 9/5/2016 at 8:51 AM, BogoGog24 said:

Yeah in the preview it showed Siggy giving a crying Dolores flowers. It appears most likely that she had the dog put down. :( I don't really want to see that either. Maybe we only hear her tell the story, I doubt she would have wanted cameras there while she was doing that, but then again you never know with these shows. I hope that cameras weren't there though. :(

Oh Gosh, c'mon!  I have never had a dog/cat in my life (please don't judge).  A few days ago we had to put my daughter's hamster down due to a large cancerous throat tumor. The hamster was almost comatose for several days and of COURSE when my daughter was away at summer camp and I was driving him to the vet (to be put down) he perked up big time.  His cage was in the back seat of the car and as I was driving he got up and went running around the cage happily, going on his wheel, eating and drinking ....  Ai yi yi.  I was ready to turn back home but I knew keeping the vet appointment was the right thing to do.

I cried and cried and bawled like a baby when our hamster passed.  My God.  I couldn't even imagine if it was a dog or a cat! :)  I lost my freakin' mind.  Over our hamster.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Love hugs and shout out regarding your "dad" situation.  That is the most horrible thing and I know it hurts beyond hurting and sucks big time even though you are grown and it was many moons ago.  Virtual kisses and hugs to you.  XXXOOOO.  I see and I get it.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 4

Ashley is such a little bitch feeding into Jac's paranoia regarding Tre with her "make sure it's not fake" comment when Jac was talking about how nice it was that she and Tre got along on the spa trip.

This. Ashlee is feeding into Jac's insecurities. Though, I think the real possibility is Jac is the fake one.

Who knows the real reason he didn't go to poker night, but I thought Rosie's temper tantrum was ridiculous. If you want to talk to Joe, just call him. The way she acted was like she didn't care about anyone else there, and that was pretty insulting. 

I thought Rosie's tantrum was ridiculous too. So Joe is not spending time with you. His wife is home and he is heading off to jail soon, maybe he wants to spend time with his family before he leaves. I do not think Teresa is keeping him from hanging out with Rosie. Rosie, just call the guy. Joe said in this episode that he does not have a problem with Rosie. I thought he was even joking/somewhat complimenting her when he was on the phone to Chris telling him why he was not coming.

I loved the guy at Melissa's store that was giving her all kinds of "bitch please" looks. His facial expressions when Melissa was on his phone cracked me up!

I do like the addition of Delores and Siggy. They are not terribly exciting, but they both seem to be as insightful as a Real Housewife can get about the rest of the cast, not necessarily about themselves. At least they are not Kelly from RHOC ( and Jules from RHNY, because I am at a table for one in not liking her).

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 8

Joe is certainly verbally abusive on camera. I couldn't believe he told Teresa that he would smack her head against the wall if she dared to bring up his father.

I've wondered about this before, and almost asked about it in the random chat thread...but didn't know how to bring it up without possibly offending people from the Garden State, or Italian-Americans. I've been struck at times at how people on this franchise talk to each other, and to strangers. Do I think that Rosie was seriously going to rip Teresa's head off at the Reunion? Well, no, but it was disturbing to hear just the same. I know that cast members often use their Italian heritage to explain their hot tempers and emotions, and I guess they're all used to it, from the way some of them seem unfazed by the insults. But the way some of the men talk to women stuns me, and that they don't get called out for it. The Manzos and Chris Laurita seem to be respectful enough, and I can't remember them name-calling. But Joe Gorga calling his own sister scum, a bitch, etc. and Juicy doing the same thing is just inexcusable. I also recently learned of Rich Wakile's nasty Tweets to women and just wonder why these guys think it's okay to talk to women like this. I'm finally watching S6 and even though Jim Marchese is "educated" and holds himself above the fray, he's not above mixing it up and getting in a woman's face.

I can't think of another franchise where the men do this, or where it seems to be the norm vs. the exception. As irritating as Simon was on RHONY, I can't think of anything he did that rises to this level, aside from referring to LuAnn as "the Cuntess." (Which he did behind her back.) Is this stuff pretty common in NJ, or is it just this particular group of people? Does being an "entrepreneur" bring it out? Of course, the women are pretty awful too...I'm not giving them a pass.

• Love 11

I've wondered about this before, and almost asked about it in the random chat thread...but didn't know how to bring it up without possibly offending people from the Garden State, or Italian-Americans. 

Haha, I'm trying to figure out what wording would be used that could offend those of us from Jersey! Surely Joe's behavior isn't something that anyone would mistakenly attribute to an entire state with an extremely varied populace. For example, I'm all of 10 minutes from these HWs (and also 10 minutes in the other direction from a super-rural area) and I am often surprised when I see people out in restaurants or bars dressed/acting like them (same thing goes for those Jersey Shore people; yeah, we have those types roaming about...but lots of us laugh at that "style").

ETA: My BF delivered something to Teresa's the other day. He was petting the dog, who is no longer pink.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 10

I think the other felon's problem was getting turned away from a party in front of his kid.  Both Joe and the Chris C. made a bad judgement call (surprising no one) when they agreed to still come to the party and "work it out at the door."  Both these guys are shocked and outraged that some rules may apply to them.  Chris C. took his anger out on Juicy Joe since that was the guy who invited him, and his kid, to the party.

• Love 3

Wow…I've never had a real problem with Juicy Joe, but man is he a mean drunk. Just from that first scene when Teresa and Gia were in the kitchen talking and he comes up to them slurring about the dog, you could see his teeth were purple, thanks to the copious amounts wine I'm sure he had been consuming all day. Goodness only knows what he's like off camera. I get that he's having a hard time dealing with the fact that he's going to prison, but really…is this how you want to spend the last month with your family? Lashing out at them? Gia is right on when she said that going away will be good for him. He will have no choice but to dry out, and to think and to really mourn his family and learn to appreciate what he has. I know she'll miss him, but she seems kind of relieved that he's going. My heart breaks for that girl, it really does. 

Count me in with everyone who was just confused about Joe's screaming friend outside of Teresa's book signing. Who in their right mind would bring a 12 year old to a bar? And he's losing his shit over it like he was being banned from the hottest club downtown or something. It was just weird. 

The exchange between Jackie and Melissa in Envy made me giggle, as well as her exchange with Joe about getting the kids to their various activities…"Wah-wah you're in the Bahamas and I'm stuck here in the snow at the shop!" "Well, welcome to owning a business, honey!" "Wah-wah, can't you pick Gino up from wrestling, I have to drop him off!" "It's my turn to have a night out, you just got back from a girl's weekend, didn't you?" I'm trying to give Melissa a pass though, since she was a SAHM and wife for so long, and doesn't seem to have worked at all since college, since she married Joe shortly after graduating. It has to be an adjustment. Also, I don't really understand why these retailers cheat themselves out of an insane amount of money by not offering at least a few plus sized options. Jackie was dead on when she said the average size of a woman is a size 14, not a size 0 (I don't think Melissa is a zero, maybe like a size 4), and not everyone wants to rock a romper or a skin tight dress. Rather than fighting with Jackie about it, Melissa needs to take what she says in stride, because she is the one with the retail experience and the success. But again, I believe all that is for the cameras though. From what I heard, Jackie is the one who actually owns Envy, and owns several boutiques around the country. She uses Melissa to promote, and I guess part of the deal was to take a little crap so she could have a story line. 

Like I said before, I don't understand Delores's situation and why she's content with her ex-husband of 16 years financially supporting her, to the point of her not even opening the bills. My husband is the primary breadwinner and generally takes care of the financials (I call him the CFO of our house) LOL) because he's better organized with stuff like that, but that doesn't mean I'm not aware of anything. If there ever came a point where I had to take over, I have to know how and where the money is going, especially God forbid something happens to him. But I guess if it works *shrug* My ex's parents were the same way. They had been married for close to 30 years, but had been separated for over a decade. He was living in FL, her in NY, he paid all the bills on her house, had it completely renovated, joint credit card, etc. Whatever money she earned was just for groceries and recreation. It was weird, but they were a weird family, period. 

Good stuff? Not too much Jacqueline this episode, though I want to punch Asslee in her overinflated mouth for baiting and feeding into her mother's insecurities, and sadly it looks like Whacko's drama is going to be bubbling over very soon. I also enjoyed watching Joe Gorga take Antonia to the father daughter dance, very sweet moment. I am also really enjoying Siggy, and this more mellow Teresa. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, N. Bluth said:

Wow, they switched nights on us & it seems like everybody missed the show. I'm up early, so I figured I'd add my $.02 & start the day out right! Lol

Unless there's a pile-up, I don't really have a side I take when they fight on this show. I go back and forth.

I love Dolores. And, to a lesser extent, Siggy. They seem real, rational, like they're representing New Jersey, but not that they have anything to prove, and that refreshes me. They seem like a throwback to the type of people the show was looking to cast when it started. Bravo to Bravo--you got it right seven years later lol. 

Anyone feel like the subtext of the women encouraging Dolores to stand strong and pay her own bills was that Dolores's youngest will be 18 soon, and maybe the Frank gravy train of support is coming to an end, and she's just in denial? Maybe the kitchen renovation was the c'oup de grace? 

Girl look.  I had custody of the remote last night and my dude involuntarily caught this scene with me, at the point where Dolores shoulder shrugged Siggy and goes:  what's wrong with it, Frank takes care of this kinda stuff and I take care of the kids.   He said to me well? what is wrong with that?   I said well Geico Insurance Caveman, nothing if that arrangement is mutually agreeable and you're actually a couple.  But she's talking about standing on her own two feet by running a business that he financed AND theyvebeendivorcedforabout16years.   He said oh.  Ok that is kind of a problem.    I get Frank he's still in love with his ex wife, but the fact that Dolores seriously sees nothing wrong with this lack of necessary boundaries in their relationship has me looking at her like she's straight up crazy.   "Friendly" for the kids is one thing but telling somebody your ex husband still opens your mail?    Good day Sir! 

11 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

bwahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!   I swear we looked at each other and then looked at the tv like it had grown another tv.   Gas in NJ is $1.89 a gallon for regular, $8 toll for ez pass to get over the bridge and they all live like 24 miles from Manhattan.   The guy wasted like $20.   Take your kid to a movie and charge it to the game.    All we could come up with was coke-rage.

9 hours ago, Muffyn said:

Umm, Rosie, Joe Giu was too damn drunk to roll out of bed and go play poker.  Joe doesn't exactly have a healthy relationship with alcohol, but somehow you're surprised he didn't make it poker night.  There are many things you reasons to be mad at Tre but Joe's drinking like a fish is not one of them.  He's a grown man who can really suck down the wine. 

This.   And

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Juicy is losing it. Poor guy. It's not an excuse for him to be so shitty to his wife and daughter, but he is clearly struggling with his upcoming "camp" trip. The kids are too. Tre says they're not the type to "dwell" on it and talk about it every day, but maybe there SHOULD be more talking? People need to get their feelings about this out and not just hold it all in, or drown it in alcohol. Tre seems to function very well with burying all her shit, but not everyone can do that. 

You know it's bad when Gia is looking forward to her father going away, and hoping it will change him for the better. Well, it worked for Tre.  To a degree. She is in better shape, seems lighter and more able to let shit go. Hopefully it will have a similar effect on him, but right now the situation is killing him. 

But what was up with his friend freaking out because he couldn't come to the event? Who was that guy and why did he care so much? Kids can't come into bars, no surprise there. No one was insulting your child, just following the law. Why did he want to go to Tre's book signing so badly that he needed to flip out on the streets? And why is Juicy involved with this guy? Just so weird. 

I think Melissa has buyer's remorse with her shop. I think she thought it would be a lot more fun and less work. Her kids are all in school now, and she could be living that nice housewife life, but she's stuck dealing with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. 

Dolores really needs to get off of Frank's teat. She doesn't even know she has life insurance???? WTF? I really don't get the whole, "I'm a housewife, I don't pay bills" thing. I am a SAHM. My husband has been the sole income earner for about 8 years now. I handle all the finances. For one, I have more time. But I'm also more organized. But we BOTH know what we have - what bills, what assets, etc. I copy and paste our statement every Friday to a document for my husband and I also let him know what bills are coming due that week. So we both know exactly what we have. Why would anyone want to be in the dark about their financial status????

this here is what I wanted to say.   Ya'll have phones.  If you're so beat about not seeing your cousin or her husband, go over there, it's a 5 minute car ride. 

45 minutes ago, beesknees said:

Oh Gosh, c'mon!  I have never had a dog/cat in my life (please don't judge).  A few days ago we had to put my daughter's hamster down due to a large cancerous throat tumor. The hamster was almost comatose for several days and of COURSE when my daughter was away at summer camp and I was driving him to the vet (to be put down) he perked up big time.  His cage was in the back seat of the car and as I was driving he got up and went running around the cage happily, going on his wheel, eating and drinking ....  Ai yi yi.  I was ready to turn back home but I knew keeping the vet appointment was the right thing to do.

I cried and cried and bawled like a baby when our hamster passed.  My God.  I couldn't even imagine if it was a dog or a cat! :)  I lost my freakin' mind.  Over our hamster.

:( 

I thought I was just like you thought you were lol.   Until I had my last puppy.   Love dogs but not to the point where I think they're people or we sleep in the same bed or share tongue kisses and stuff.  But, the day he was hit by a car, I was perfectly calm all the way to and including in the vet's office and I realize it was because the thing I'd been expecting was for the doc to come out and tell me they'd have to keep him for a few days and when I could take him home.    Guuul?  When that man said I'm so sorry even if I'd been on the scene there's nothing we could've done to save him, his heart stopped, mine did too. 

She looked and seemed legit devastated about Boo, poor thing.   

• Love 14

this here is what I wanted to say.   Ya'll have phones.  If you're so beat about not seeing your cousin or her husband, go over there, it's a 5 minute car ride. 

Other than this (it's about 20, haha!), I am with you on your post! I feel like there is craziness all around these people where no craziness needs to be! Rosie, chill!

• Love 2

I cannot comprehend how one can be divorced, yet operate financially as husband and wife. Doesn't he have a wife?

I have a theory which is worth absolutely nothing (but I'll still share it). If I remember right, Frank left Dolores when their son was an infant. Maybe he "compensates" for that by financially supporting her/them, going beyond the required child support. Frankie isn't 18 yet so maybe Frank Sr.'s support will end once he becomes a legal adult (?).

I agree, the support goes way beyond what one would expect for an ex-husband, and I've got to wonder if he kept it up while Dolores lived with her ex-boyfriend. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Muffyn said:

Juicy is probably hanging around felons to get recipes for toilet wine.  Youse gotta do what you gotta do!

He probably is, but at least Juicy had the good sense to largely stay away from Apollo who managed to get himself transferred to Administrative Segregation because of the cell phone he smuggled in.

• Love 2