Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Shame away!!!  Throw some stones if you have 'em handy.  Harry is a pig.  Who SAYS something like that about a woman?   Who repeats it?  And on camera ... 

These people are all just awful.  I am glad I don't really know any of them.  I take that back - Bethenny's driver seems like a nice guy.  The rest of them suck.  

Well we did have Carole ask on camera about Harry's "cock", after discovering his familiarity with some of the cast. 

I liked Kevin, too bad he got stuck cleaning the pillow.  I would have tossed in the closest garbage can.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well we did have Carole ask on camera about Harry's "cock", after discovering his familiarity with some of the cast. 

I liked Kevin, too bad he got stuck cleaning the pillow.  I would have tossed in the closest garbage can.

Who own chickens? In NYC?

• Love 5

Bethenny is so disgusting, and the way Andy sucked up to her was the lowest point of the season. Luann is my hero for being able to not strangle them both. I´m sure she could do it, Bethenny probably has rage-strength but Lu-man would just stomp on her. I thought it was pretty nice to see most of the others not turning on Luann, I would lose all respect for them. Of course there´s no hope for Ratziville.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

That is not true-if Alex remarried before her, Luann could still go by Countess. What Luann is saying is she has been referred to as Countess, and if people continue to call her Countess it is okay.  It is her brand.   It is not as if she could use Countess de Lesseps-D'Agnostino.  She plans on using Tom's last name after she marries. It was exceptionally hypocritical coming from Radziwill whose, MIL, milked that last name through subsequent marriage and never turned down being called Princess, a title that was just a social courtesy and not recognized as a royal in Great Britain.

Maybe Carole  didn't hang out with people with titles, or huge chandeliers,  there don't seem to be a lot of people with titles at ABC News.  I think Carole is fairly well-mannered and if in a situation with Eurotrash with titles, as you call them, she would be respectful.  Carole did bring up to Andy the first time she met him, after talking about some land she had title to that she was technically a princess-so she knows when to turn it off and on.  She did the same with Ramona and has a Princess pillow on her couch.  Carole has not been shy, wrote a book about her closeness with John Kennedy and his wife, dropped the names of Clooney and Fiennes as suitors, so she is not without her braggadocio.  To me, if they lived it they should be able to talk about it. 

Luann will always be the mother to the future Count de Lesseps, so I think she does need to show the tradition some respect. (Luann does get upset when people refer to Noel as a Countlet.)

I don't think the airs that Lu puts on is because she's showing respect to Noelle's future title.  Lu's entire persona is based around that COURTESY title.   I also think she really stresses and pushes that title, not simply politely tolerating it when someone calls her that.  I think it's pretty clear that in her mind, that title defines her.  Something only earned by being one of 4-5 wives of a count.

I don't know why Carole is a hypocrite because of her MIL, someone whom she speaks of very neutrally.  Lee was a nasty piece of work, and I don't even blame Anthony for her actions, so why on the world is Carole accountable for them?  I can just imagine the comments here if Carole said one negative word about Lee.  She would be slammed for picking on the elderly sister of the sainted widow, Jackie Kennedy, and being viciously unloyal to her dead husband.  I think Carole very clearly walks a fine line of hiding her disdain for Lee.

It's my understanding that Carole spoke primarily of Carolyn (versus JFK Jr.), and was careful to refer to her friends Diane and Mike, and not stressing who they were. I've not read the book, so I've only read that here. I only know of a supposed relationship to George Clooney because of Sonya's big mouth, and Ralph Fiennes I've never heard, except here.  Even if Carole name dropped, she's dropping the names of people who accomplished more than being born to a man born with a title.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, halkatla said:

Bethenny is so disgusting, and the way Andy sucked up to her was the lowest point of the season. Luann is my hero for being able to not strangle them both. I´m sure she could do it, Bethenny probably has rage-strength but Lu-man would just stomp on her. I thought it was pretty nice to see most of the others not turning on Luann, I would lose all respect for them. Of course there´s no hope for Ratziville.

And you are MY hero.

Sometimes the depth and the width of a person can be measured in the way that they handle stress, When you need to run and have an umpire rule on a play?

It means you don't know how the game is played.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't think the airs that Lu puts on is because she's showing respect to Noelle's future title.  Lu's entire persona is based around that COURTESY title.   I also think she really stresses and pushes that title, not simply politely tolerating it when someone calls her that.  I think it's pretty clear that in her mind, that title defines her.  Something only earned by being one of 4-5 wives of a count.

I don't know why Carole is a hypocrite because of her MIL, someone whom she speaks of very neutrally.  Lee was a nasty piece of work, and I don't even blame Anthony for her actions, so why on the world is Carole accountable for them?  I can just imagine the comments here if Carole said one negative word about Lee.  She would be slammed for picking on the elderly sister of the sainted widow, Jackie Kennedy, and being viciously unloyal to her dead husband.  I think Carole very clearly walks a fine line of hiding her disdain for Lee.

It's my understanding that Carole spoke primarily of Carolyn (versus JFK Jr.), and was careful to refer to her friends Diane and Mike, and not stressing who they were. I've not read the book, so I've only read that here. I only know of a supposed relationship to George Clooney because of Sonya's big mouth, and Ralph Fiennes I've never heard, except here.  Even if Carole name dropped, she's dropping the names of people who accomplished more than being born to a man born with a title.  

My point is Carole jumped up and corrected knowing damn well that people who marry a title, after the title marriage has been dissolved and the person remarried, are often time referred to by the title, not as a formality but familiarity.  Her mother in law being one.  I agree Luann likes the name, and in fact has a brand under it.  My point was the Count title does not die out of her bloodline once she remarries.  You were stating something about Carole's level of seriousness about the titles, I was pointing out, long after she stops being a Countess, her son is handed down a title.   Anthony refused his, so Carole is not really a princess.  

She mentioned Clooney off camera, Sonja and Andy brought it up on camera, she talked of her dating experience with Ralph Fiennes, taught the assistant how to pronounce his name, so she could send him her novel.   

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

My point is Carole jumped up and corrected knowing damn well that people who marry a title, after the title marriage has been dissolved and the person remarried, are often time referred to by the title, not as a formality but familiarity.  Her mother in law being one.  I agree Luann likes the name, and in fact has a brand under it.  My point was the Count title does not die out of her bloodline once she remarries.  You were stating something about Carole's level of seriousness about the titles, I was pointing out, long after she stops being a Countess, her son is handed down a title.   Anthony refused his, so Carole is not really a princess.  

She mentioned Clooney off camera, Sonja and Andy brought it up on camera, she talked of her dating experience with Ralph Fiennes, taught the assistant how to pronounce his name, so she could send him her novel.   

Goege Klooney must have been hard up to hit on scareole.

So, it's not Ralph F eye nssssssss?

Damn......

• Love 7

Dorinda's blog is rather well-written and while I do love Carole, what Ms. Medley wrote about her was just the right tone, IMO:

And Carole struggling with the idea of living in the moment or living for the future. That’s something I came to admire in her last year in London. She almost dreaded revisiting her past, anxious to enjoy the now and anticipate the tomorrows. Looking back, I’m sad that our friendship didn’t progress positively and fruitfully this year; I really thought it would. I find Carole witty, funny, caring, and the right kind of interesting. Sadly, this year saw the group split in two, and we sat on opposing sides of a Cold War — I stood by my friends, and she stood by hers— but… “we’ll always have London.”

I don't know why Carole felt the need to re-tweet a tweet about how one side of the coke doesn't do coke and the others ... (that's how it was written, like not saying it but saying it). How would recreational drug use of the others effect everybody? I could understand if it made their behavior erratic, which maaaaaaaaybe we got with Dorinda, but it's a rather bold accusation. Stay over there with your coke and I'll stay over here without mine and as long as you don't ask me to hold it for you before we board an airplane, we should be good.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Bethenny and Carole are jealous of Jules because she is beautiful, has lustrous long natural hair,  and is too skinny. As only moderately attractive women who are obsessed with being thin , they are very competitive with Jules and cannot tolerate that she is skinnier and more beautiful than they are. It's a competitive mind-set that some anorexics have. Only Bethenny and Carole tried to spin it as concern.

I just read Tama Janowitz's latest memoir. She mentions meeting Lee Radziwill and how terribly thin Lee was. Tama riffed on what it must feel like to deprive oneself of good food and nutrients over many years. I wonder about the health consequences - brittle bones in old age. One of my ballet-world friends who starved herself her entire life tripped and slammed into a countertop, and her hip and thigh shattered. It was impossible to do a regular repair with pins and rods because her bones are crumbly - they had to use a concrete-like filler. Her surgeon said her lifelong diet contributed to the state of her bones.

Carole was also very, very quick to correct Andy about Luann's status as a countess. Carole is very competitive in the third-rate aristocracy world.

My little sister died in her mid-thirties from an eating disorder so this whole issue on the show sickens me, in a way. I feel like at least half of them have ED's to some extent. Carole certainly has a weird relationship with food and Bethenny looks like a half-starved urchin with weird, oddly spaced fake breasts. They look like they were just slapped on like the bar I put in my shower, with little suction cups. And don't get me started on Ramona. I am her age and also ended a 20+ yr marriage last year so she freaks me out. I feel embarrassed by her antics, clothing, hair, etc...she comes off as super desperate. She should have been on "Desperate Housewives" instead...not a good look for a fifty-something woman. I feel sorry for her daughter.

4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Shame away!!!  Throw some stones if you have 'em handy.  Harry is a pig.  Who SAYS something like that about a woman?   Who repeats it?  And on camera ... 

These people are all just awful.  I am glad I don't really know any of them.  I take that back - Bethenny's driver seems like a nice guy.  The rest of them suck.  

Do I even dare ask what he said...

• Love 12
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I thought that Carole very calmly corrected Lu, and I appreciated it.   Lu is no longer allowed to call herself countess.  There's only one person per title, and Alex's current wife is the countess. And Lu is fully aware of this.  It's part of her entire fake persona, and being the liar that she is. 

Personally, I believe this title stuff is bullshit in this country.  They looked stupid enough trying to use these titles in Italy, but it's complete BS in the US.  Carole has never been the one to promote that she's technically a princess.  Unlike Lee, Carole seems to feel the whole thing's foolish, and she acts a little embarrassed by it.  I've never heard her brag about mingling with eurotrash with titles, or the huge chandeliers, gigantic chalets, or other Trump-like braggadocio.  Which is the opposite of Lu.  I get hating Carole, but can she be hated for what she actually does, and not imagined things?

Now that I think about it, Lu reminds me of Lee. Except Lee was actually born into high society, was a debutante, therefore a born and bred snob and elitist.  Lu's a quintessential social climber, and I guess some find it admirable.   My middle class sensibilities find both repugnant. 

No, Carole has never exploited her Kennedy/Radziwill into a book deal to talk about her Kennedy/Radziwill connection and their deaths that she earned a bundle from.  Yes, of course, it was an interesting story given all that happened.  But let's not forget that she wrote the book and made money off three deaths and her sort of being there. 

And she never went on a reality show talking about her connection to sell more books and get another book deal.   She never carried her husband's ashes from London back home for a show, bringing a cast mate she barely knew during what would seem to be a difficult time.  But hey, cameras!  And she never exploited her connection to Carolyn Bessette for a cheap entertainment reality show, reminding us once again who she is, in case you've forgotten.    Oh, and she was actually a serious journalist!   So serious that this is all just a cool social experiment for her -- she's way above the average housewife because well, she wrote a book and made much money off of three deaths.    

She's spent the last 3 years of the RHONYC trying to make it clear that she's really a serious journalist and this is just something to do. She's not above any of them.  

I feel perfectly fine in my dislike of the things that Carole does, sealing the deal with her not apparently giving two shits about what it must feel like being a parent and watching some fucking charleton pretend to be communicating with your dead daughter.  Hopefully she cleared it with the that she was planning to further exploit her short-lived relationship through reality TV once again. 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 22

Carole's late husband refused the title, which was merely a courtesy title anyways, which means Carole is not and never was a princess, even of the courtesy title variety. She could call herself the Queen of Romania if she wants to...it's a free country, but calling herself that will not make it so.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Bebecat said:

My little sister died in her mid-thirties from an eating disorder so this whole issue on the show sickens me, in a way. I feel like at least half of them have ED's to some extent. Carole certainly has a weird relationship with food and Bethenny looks like a half-starved urchin with weird, oddly spaced fake breasts. They look like they were just slapped on like the bar I put in my shower, with little suction cups. And don't get me started on Ramona. I am her age and also ended a 20+ yr marriage last year so she freaks me out. I feel embarrassed by her antics, clothing, hair, etc...she comes off as super desperate. She should have been on "Desperate Housewives" instead...not a good look for a fifty-something woman. I feel sorry for her daughter.

Do I even dare ask what he said...

Thank you for sharing.  I'm very sorry about your sister.  It had to be extremely painful to watch the cruel way Bethenny & Carole were speaking about Jules & her eating disorders.  They both were literally mocking her for having ED's.  I mean seriously, can someone be any more horrible & disgusting?  In a word -- NO!.  So I'm really wondering how Bethenny is gonna spin some defense of doing this.

You know, it took me a while, but I'm finally understanding why the producers seem fine & dandy with putting Bethenny front & center on the show -- and pretty much keeping her there, despite her bullshit last week about considering leaving the show.  Fuck that!  She ain't goin' nowhere!  I think they're using Bethenny exactly as she is & maybe even encouraging her to amp up her horribleness as much as possible . . . to get audience reaction.  She's merely doing an Ann Coulter shtick, to be awful & hateful & horrible & just say the most evil shit possible -- as long as she gets attention.   Look, the ratings are decent now, with Bethenny behaving so exceptionally cruel to anyone in her sight.  I gotta say, I can't take watching this hateful stuff.  But I guess there are plenty of people who wanna see her be this way & are fascinated by it.  Not for me.

As far as making accusations about Bethenny or Carole having ED's?  Idk, I coulda sworn Bethenny said herself she's had issues with food.  Hey, NOBODY should be mocking someone suffering with ED's.  But for someone who has had issues which may be similar, or has witnessed a close relative suffering from it (er, Bethenny referred to her "wolf" mother), to mock someone with ED's is just beyond cruel.  It's evil & vicious.  Quite frankly, I demand an explanation from her of why she would do this -- and one that makes sense.  I'm sure she won't be able to give one.

OK, so what about Carole?  Well, we know she went along with Bethenny on mocking Jules' ED's because that was her shtick this season -- to be her sidekick & support every lowball, evil, horrible, awful thing Bethenny says & does.  I never especially thought of Carole as a nasty, thoughtless asshole before.  OK, I wasn't thrilled about her saying Aviva was "nothing" because she's a SAHM & doesn't have a career.  Yeah, saying she was "nothing" was pretty awful & indefensible.  But still, I didn't think of Carole as evil & awful & horrible.  I do now -- since she seems to be defending EVERY single evil thing Bethenny says & does.

I really wonder how Carole defends herself for mocking Jules' eating disorders.  Of what I've heard from her thus far, she has no defense for it -- or at least anything that makes any sense.  She pretty much denies it, even tho that's exactly what we saw her do.  I also wonder if Carole has issues with food.  Her wanting to get rid of the kitchen in her apartment always struck me as very odd.  Could mean nothing, just sayin'.  Also, she eats in public (at least on the show) in a rather disgusting manner.  She gobbles & wolfs down her food & eats with her mouth open.  It's really disgusting.  Even Bethenny noticed it in a recent ep.  Indicative of some issue with food?  Maybe or maybe not.  

But if either Bethenny or Carole or both of them actually do suffer from ED's or even just have issues with food -- isn't it so incredibly cruel of these 2 to be mocking Jules?  I also say the producers are equally cruel to shove this shit at us as entertainment.  Ew.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

No, Carole has never exploited her Kennedy/Radziwill into a book deal to talk about her Kennedy/Radziwill connection and their deaths that she earned a bundle from.  Yes, of course, it was an interesting story given all that happened.  But let's not forget that she wrote the book and made money off three deaths and her sort of being there. 

And she never went on a reality show talking about her connection to sell more books and get another book deal.   She never carried her husband's ashes from London back home for a show, bringing a cast mate she barely knew during what would seem to be a difficult time.  But hey, cameras!  And she never exploited her connection to Carolyn Bessette for a cheap entertainment reality show, reminding us once again who she is, in case you've forgotten.    Oh, and she was actually a serious journalist!   So serious that this is all just a cool social experiment for her -- she's way above the average housewife because well, she wrote a book and made much money off of three deaths.    

She's spent the last 3 years of the RHONYC trying to make it clear that she's really a serious journalist and this is just something to do. She's not above any of them.  

I feel perfectly fine in my dislike of the things that Carole does, sealing the deal with her not apparently giving two shits about what it must feel like being a parent and watching some fucking charleton pretend to be communicating with your dead daughter.  Hopefully she cleared it with the that she was planning to further exploit her short-lived relationship through reality TV once again. 

Wow, that's pretty rough. Lol. I guess I would answer that I hope Carolyn's mother understood that Carole has the right to write about her husband, best friend, and cousin-in-law's deaths.  After all, the mother exploited (and profited from) her own daughters' deaths by suing her son-in-law's estate.  As if John forced his wife and SIL to board his plane, and deliberately killed them, and himself. 

I haven't seen this so-called charlatan's show, but on The Haunting of, there was little to no discussion of that trio. 

• Love 3

Wow, that's pretty rough. Lol. I guess I would answer that I hope Carolyn's mother understood that Carole has the right to write about her husband, best friend, and cousin-in-law's deaths.  After all, the mother exploited (and profited from) her own daughters' deaths by suing her son-in-law's estate.  As if John forced his wife and SIL to board his plane, and deliberately killed them, and himself. 

I haven't seen this so-called charlatan's show, but on The Haunting of, there was little to no discussion of that trio. 

JFK Jr. was negligent as he was not competent 

to fly under the circumstances.

The mother lost two daughters that day, she was entitled to compensation.

As far as Carole writing her book, why not?

It is her right to write what she thought was her story. 

If people were not obsessed with all things Kennedy, she would not be on my TV.

Good for her for hustling and making a living out of her association so many years later.

• Love 9
On September 2, 2016 at 10:49 AM, queenjen said:

I don't think I've ever seen such a visual display of fucks being given as I just witnessed (for the 3rd time) by Scraggy Girl after her phone witness. Bethenny, you were handing out fucks like samples of lime SKG at a St Patrick's Parade. She was a ghoul dancing on the grave of the Countess title. 

It was actually sad to watch. Bethenny was so close to drooling with glee that I'm sure Carole was getting ready to repurpose that thing she was wearing as a hankie. (Alexander McQueen will be spinning like a top too, speaking of graves.)

What does this high energy display of spite reveal and even achieve? It's got to be linked to LuAnn's cavalier and dismissive attitude toward the soon to be SKG mogul from 7 (?) seasons ago. Her BRAND goddammit. Something which she definitely gives a gazillion of those fucks about. Which LuAnn then went on, as if we all need to be reminded again, to claim joint responsibility for creating. All another delusion in the mind of the uber delusional beast that is the Countess. A grudge that will become the stuff of legends. 

So is that it? I have to ask: what IS your higher purpose, Bethenny? Apart from returning the word 'mogul' to our vocabularies, what is this once-was human being aspiring to in this life? She has claimed that she has it all now, more than she could ever need and that anything else is a bonus. I assumed that meant having a child, a marriage, a home and a business she legitimately created and built herself. So she's now got the rest of her days to spend in bonus time. Which leads me to my next query:

I think I'm missing something in my life. It's a secret that all these women are in on. Apparently there is a state of blissful altered consciousness, a nirvana in the shitty city, that opens up to women when they get a rock above a certain size put on their ring finger. I saw the incredulity during the reunion when they all questioned Dorinda as to marrying John. Because that's what you do, Dorinda, you village idiot! Here she is, with a perfectly acceptable male that she sees 3 times a week, who is limited to a schedule for visits by Dorinda. who still wants to marry her! The women all leaned forward, presumably to activate higher oxygen uptake to their brains due to the Spanx constriction on reunion night, so they could best process the conundrum that is Dorinda. Marriage is the ultimate prize here. Look at Lu this season. Maybe Dorinda is more immune to this Xanadu like plane of pleasure that she eschews, because of her alleged partiality to coke! Perhaps this is why Bethenny has now got time stamped evidence of Dorinda's drug use when she went sleuthing for the answer to Dorinda's obtuse resistance to snapping up another marriage, when it's right in front of her and ripe for her picking. Because marriage is the ultimate prize, the raison d'etre and the end to which we've seen any means is excusable and girl code be buggered. 

So I really want to know what Bethenny's purpose in life is now. She'll obviously hustle Shields down the aisle as quickly as she can get the prenup past him. Maybe she'll even get there before Lu is separated from Tom. Or before Ramona and Sonja shrivel up leaving nothing but a hat and a gown on the pavement outside the Regency. Carole's almost gone already.

And speaking of Sonja: she is spoiling for a brawl. Before the reunion proper began even Andy seemed taken aback by her vehemence. Resentment, Sonja said, has built up in her for the first time. For what, I wonder? Losing Tom to LuAnn ? Who proved she really didn't give a 'flying leap' (that Countess malapropism in particular makes me shudder) for the friend that had graciously put her up and sheltered her during a particularly difficult and homeless-in-NYC summer? I suspect also that Lu and So pinkie swore to each other that they'd stay united in the face of Bravo as they held out for more money. But the season has rewarded Lu with the pay by appearance screen time while So has had to resort to vagina resurfacing during her Dorinda ordained Berkshires ban to get the producers' attention. She was mauled by Scraggy Girl. She's been declared drunk and unlovable by the 'ladies'. Sonja. Is. The. One. This reunion should be Sonja's swansong. She could well fail to be renewed next season. Her mien on the lounge next door to Dorinda during Part 1 has been barely restrained. What she HAS said has been quite earthshattering (everyone knows Dorinda does drugs) but unlike the Scraggy Girl, who adopted Version IIa of her faux concern for victim's wellbeing facial delivery system recently seen in a Miami hotel room, So was offhand. This has got to be a harbinger of bigger fish to fry. Also during this segment while Dorinda calmly asks Scraggy Girl if the drug allegations concern John, because she needs to know, SG ALMOST says a name. There is the hint of a consonant before she clamps her jaw. Which surely means it's someone the other Hos and the audience will recognize. Surely not Hannah? 

Bethenny's soul has got to be a serious concern to somebody. I can't even visualise her 'game' with Shields. We've seen it with Hoppy. That was hard to witness but it resembled human like behavior. Distasteful though the exercise is, it's possible with LuAnn also (booze, cigarettes and baby talk. I wonder if she pins him to the bed while growling 'Chic. C'est La Vie'?). But Bethenny? What is her higher purpose? Very sad. She's become a spiteful, nasty meangirl. And all that bulldust about empowering women? Nuh uh. Not anymore after the sister slaying she's embarked upon this season. 

QueenJen this should be a New York Times editorial! 

On September 2, 2016 at 2:49 PM, ElDosEquis said:

I sent my 9.99 to the "Fuck you Meth Frankhell" fan club right after the "clean up in aisle" incident - I guess I would have help the lady up and then laughed at her?

(I believe that some drunk lady either recognized them or was asking who they were - she noticed the cameras? She fell and Beth ran out of the casino while laughing and said, "Clean up on aisle ---")

moron.

That was just so MEAN of B. She's awful. 

On September 2, 2016 at 5:52 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I mean, did anyone (us viewers or the producers) really expect Bethenny to turn into the hateful screeching mess we see at this reunion (and pretty much all this season)?  Maybe nobody expected her to turn into this, but this is who she is now.  Success hasn't made her happy & fulfilled & confident.  Or maybe it has, but it's overshadowed by what success also seems to have brought out in her -- anger, bitterness & horrible cruelty.  OK, maybe the divorce had something to do with this.  And maybe she always had these tendencies, but now (for whatever reasons) it's amped up a billion times over.  I'll tell ya, at least to me, she's absolutely hideous to watch now.

20 hours ago, jinjer said:

Breezy424 this is such an accurate assessment IMO. 

She needs a new therapist. STAT. Calling the daughter is just beyond the pale. "The lady doth protest too much."  Accusing people of doing drugs -again the old Bethenny would be mortified by that "uncool" behavior. 

In response to both of the above great posts Bethenny is an unchecked untreated personality disorder . All that anger toward her mom and dad is race car fuel on an inferno how she looks at the world and Bethenny doesn't even know it. She has enough money to shed any consequences. She is going to get sicker if she doesn't get treated. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't reconcile with her mother and goes at her mother pre emptively  because of her fear of how far her own mother will go in exposing Bethenny, and exposing Bethennys brand. Bethenny partied in NYC Vegas and ran in LA thru the early 90s and never did any blow? ? come ON. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

LOL, yes, it was pretty rough.  I was going on lack of sleep yesterday! Didn't mean to sound as rude (to you) as I was! 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

JFK Jr. was negligent as he was not competent 

to fly under the circumstances.

The mother lost two daughters that day, she was entitled to compensation.

As far as Carole writing her book, why not?

It is her right to write what she thought was her story. 

If people were not obsessed with all things Kennedy, she would not be on my TV.

Good for her for hustling and making a living out of her association so many years later.

Yeah, I get all this and co-sign.  My problem is - why is Carol always putting LuAnn down and making digs regarding her hustle as it relates to her "Countess" brand?  Pot meet kettle IMHO.  I think it's safe to say that both Carole and LuAnn have courtesy titles and both have exploited said titles if/when it suited them.  Carole is full of shit and she is not above the fray.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, beesknees said:

Yeah, I get all this and co-sign.  My problem is - why is Carol always putting LuAnn down and making digs regarding her hustle as it relates to her "Countess" brand?  Pot meet kettle IMHO.  I think it's safe to say that both Carole and LuAnn have courtesy titles and both have exploited said titles if/when it suited them.  Carole is full of shit and she is not above the fray.

The problem with Luann imo is that she is annoying the other women because one, she still gets it in;-) and two she is a know it all.

As far as Luann using her title, why not ?

She married Alexandre and he is a count.

It is fun and part of her persona and she is the mother of the future count after all.

Carole tried that pseudo intellectual crap but she is pretty much like the other women.

Otherwise, she would not be on Bravo imo.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, beesknees said:

I think the difference is that Carole has treated her "title" as the novelty it is, while LuAnn has made her "title" her entire persona and brand. There is even a discussion that LuAnn would have to "give up her title" by marrying Tom!  Someone is going to have to pry that title from LuAnn's cold, dead hands.

• Love 11

Since Carold knows everything about titles and loves psychics, she should go on yet another show and channel the ghosts of Elvis and John Wayne to let them know they aren't really a King or Duke.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I think the difference is that Carole has treated her "title" as the novelty it is, while LuAnn has made her "title" her entire persona and brand. There is even a discussion that LuAnn would have to "give up her title" by marrying Tom!  Someone is going to have to pry that title from LuAnn's cold, dead hands.

No matter what Luann will always be the mother of a Count and Countess, even Queens give up their titles and become Queen mother/ dowager etc. whatever. Carole is the one that clings to her non-existent title even though she acts like she doesn't. She forgets constantly that the Radziwills gave up their titles decades ago. She was never a princess, never.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Since Carold knows everything about titles and loves psychics, she should go on yet another show and channel the ghosts of Elvis and John Wayne to let them know they aren't really a King or Duke.

She can also channel her book, the cook book she was going to write and challenge Yul Brenner's claim to his crown?

Is it too soon for her to go after Larry King, The Los Angeles Kings, Sacramento Kings and the Kansas City Royals?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 4

During the slut shaming discussion Bethenny claimed she could call Luann a whore because she wrote a book on etiquette yet behaved like a whore in public.  Bethenny now claims Luann sat on Tom's lap at the Mark Hotel.  Don't know if that qualifies as being a whore but this part of long litany of complaints Bethenny has developed with the other women.  Luann wrote the book seven years ago, if I were Bethenny I would not be drawing attention to one's book(s) and their content and the author's behavior contrary to advice dispensed.

When I see Luann I find her to be dressed in fairly modest clothing, she doesn't have her "fake DD tits" hanging out, like say Ramona or Bethenny, or wear short, short dresses, like say Ramona and Bethenny.  I think what irks Bethenny is men are generally interested in Luann, and Bethenny feels the need to compete with men initially, and that is why she piles on all the insults about Luann screwing everyone she goes out with, and her Berkshire rant.  Going back to Season 2 when Kelly and Bethenny met for the, "I am up her you are down here," discussion, what seemed to gall Bethenny is Kelly did not remember Bethenny, that allegedly while at a party at Kelly's house, Kelly flirted with Bethenny's boyfriend, (the guy in question was a photographer and Kelly thought he was part of press invited to cover the Ginny Hilfiger trunk show Kelly was hosting),  Ramona taking over the conversation in the Turks & Caicos.  She comes off as very insecure and little paranoid that women are out to steal her man.  So when Luann and Tom meet and there are sparks, all she sees is "man stealer", not taking in to account the man is involved in the situation is a player in the game as well.  Luann when she greets men, pays them a compliment, Bethenny seems to think her razor sharp wit will woo them over.  Not all people men or women are impressed with sarcasm and her little soliloquies about others in the vicinity.

Bethenny has had visceral reactions to three RH, the first being Kelly Bensimon, tall, beautiful model, Kristen Taekman, tall beautiful model (whose husband dated Bethenny) and Jules tall and beautiful.  Each time Bethenny has gone out of her way to essential say they are stupid, or vapid or just pick at them and insult them  Bethenny admits she is socially inept and inappropriate.   Not to worry it is the inhabitants of the UES and their lunching habits fault that Bethenny is socially retarded, not going to cocktail parties because they are all bullshit.  I think Bethenny the Tyrant, is a very insecure person and doesn't see that everything is not a competition. She can't be civil at her own birthday party because she has garnered enough attention about John and the bra party, even though she is now able to see, she was an insulting combative bitch towards John.  There is no rule that says Bethenny and Luann can't both be happy in their relationships. 

Bethenny's goals are always more important than anyone else's.  Classic tyrannical behavior.

• Love 23
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, Knuckles said:

Agreed. Why wouldn't a good plastic surgeon urge someone that thin to consider proportion when buying implants? Admittedly, I don't like her, but she would look so much better with implants that were smaller and not so high on her chest wall. She's got that Fox female anchor look...as if she has been remade to suit Roger Ailes.

I agree her bolt on look absolutely ridiculous on her frame. I thought that since season 1.  The only thing I can think of is that maybe she got them before she lost all her weight?  I think I remember from her book she used to be more of an "average" size... like a 10 or 12.  Like, definitely not heavy.  But not emaciated either.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:30 AM, mwell345 said:

And somewhere, Kelly is sitting on her very high horse, drinking champagne thoughtfully provided by Jill Zarin and laughing her ass off. In a million years, who would have ever thought that #kellywasright?

Now, now.  Just because Bethenny is terrible now doesn't make Kelly any less narcissistic, dumb, or annoying back in seasons 2-4. 

23 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I think this is exactly right. These are two aging nasty unappealing women who can only buy companionship. Say what you want about Sonja and Luann they are attractive sexual beings who seem like they would be a lot of fun to be around. Maybe not marry. But hooking up? Sure. FWB? Absolutely.

Who in their right mind would want to be attached to Bethenny or Carole? Unless you were getting something out of it? Money. A book deal. Fame whoredom. It beggars belief.  

As for Carole? Just off the top of my head... a prince, George Clooney, a rockstar, a chef 20-some  years her junior... and I'm sure there were plenty of others.  Whether or not you detest her or think she's gross or whatever doesn't negate the fact that the woman has not been hurting for companions for most of her life.  

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

During the slut shaming discussion Bethenny claimed she could call Luann a whore because she wrote a book on etiquette yet behaved like a whore in public.  Bethenny now claims Luann sat on Tom's lap at the Mark Hotel.  Don't know if that qualifies as being a whore but this part of long litany of complaints Bethenny has developed with the other women.  Luann wrote the book seven years ago, if I were Bethenny I would not be drawing attention to one's book(s) and their content and the author's behavior contrary to advice dispensed.

When I see Luann I find her to be dressed in fairly modest clothing, she doesn't have her "fake DD tits" hanging out, like say Ramona or Bethenny, or wear short, short dresses, like say Ramona and Bethenny.  I think what irks Bethenny is men are generally interested in Luann, and Bethenny feels the need to compete with men initially, and that is why she piles on all the insults about Luann screwing everyone she goes out with, and her Berkshire rant.  Going back to Season 2 when Kelly and Bethenny met for the, "I am up her you are down here," discussion, what seemed to gall Bethenny is Kelly did not remember Bethenny, that allegedly while at a party at Kelly's house, Kelly flirted with Bethenny's boyfriend, (the guy in question was a photographer and Kelly thought he was part of press invited to cover the Ginny Hilfiger trunk show Kelly was hosting),  Ramona taking over the conversation in the Turks & Caicos.  She comes off as very insecure and little paranoid that women are out to steal her man.  So when Luann and Tom meet and there are sparks, all she sees is "man stealer", not taking in to account the man is involved in the situation is a player in the game as well.  Luann when she greets men, pays them a compliment, Bethenny seems to think her razor sharp wit will woo them over.  Not all people men or women are impressed with sarcasm and her little soliloquies about others in the vicinity.

Bethenny has had visceral reactions to three RH, the first being Kelly Bensimon, tall, beautiful model, Kristen Taekman, tall beautiful model (whose husband dated Bethenny) and Jules tall and beautiful.  Each time Bethenny has gone out of her way to essential say they are stupid, or vapid or just pick at them and insult them  Bethenny admits she is socially inept and inappropriate.   Not to worry it is the inhabitants of the UES and their lunching habits fault that Bethenny is socially retarded, not going to cocktail parties because they are all bullshit.  I think Bethenny the Tyrant, is a very insecure person and doesn't see that everything is not a competition. She can't be civil at her own birthday party because she has garnered enough attention about John and the bra party, even though she is now able to see, she was an insulting combative bitch towards John.  There is no rule that says Bethenny and Luann can't both be happy in their relationships. 

Bethenny's goals are always more important than anyone else's.  Classic tyrannical behavior.

So true.

Lulu would make you feel comfortable - not assault you with a dick/pussy/sex joke right off the bat.

It's not a 'razor sharp wit' how's about 'razor harpy shit'?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I

As for Carole? Just off the top of my head... a prince, George Clooney, a rockstar, a chef 20-some  years her junior... and I'm sure there were plenty of others.  Whether or not you detest her or think she's gross or whatever doesn't negate the fact that the woman has not been hurting for companions for most of her life.  

A dying man whose family gave up any and all claims to titles (so NOT a prince) and who was probably scared of dying alone and she became a professional widow, Clooney denies ever meeting her, Ralph Fiennes says neigh about their hook up as well, Russ is not a rock star, he may be in the group but not a star and they had an open relationship. And Adam would not have given her the time of day if she had been Lu's cleaning lady instead of her guest. Everyone including Carole knows that hence the pathetic clinging  and desperation over the "relationship" that has 4 summers left.

BTW, typical bitch move of Carole to give herself a life with more good summers than Adam. She has 5 good summers ending her good summers at 58. Adam gets 20 good ones ending his good summers at 49. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Well we are talking about the women right now. Not back in the day. In fact I think the male preference model would be even more skewed. 

Lets be honest. Every pot has it's lid. But your examples are a little skewed as well. The chef is with her because he is a fame whore. Or at least he plays on TV and is getting tons of pub for it. I mean when she called him on Skype  he only wanted to go back to his friend and his sandwich. He looks at radishes with more lust than Carole. Seeing is believing.

I believe that she dated George Clooney as much as I believe that she writes her own stuff and did not have a ghostwriter.

Of course I can only speak from my limited straight male perspective but a guy would really prefer Luann, Sonja, Jules and even sloppy Dorinda. Especially Luann. But nasty snakes like Carole and Bethenny would not be attractive or desirable unless  you have an ulterior motive as many guys do when they hook up with a housewife.

I leave Ramona out because she is straight out crazy. You would be better off sticking your pecker in a pencil sharpener. 

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

No matter what Luann will always be the mother of a Count and Countess, even Queens give up their titles and become Queen mother/ dowager etc. whatever. Carole is the one that clings to her non-existent title even though she acts like she doesn't. She forgets constantly that the Radziwills gave up their titles decades ago. She was never a princess, never.

Lu is not the mother of a countess.  She will be mother of a count when her ex dies.  Queens  do not give up their titles unless they abdicate the throne.  Queen consorts become queen mother once their husband dies and their child inherits the throne, or dowager when their titled husband dies.

I disagree that Carole clings to her non-existent title.   That's Luann.  To my knowledge, Carole doesn't request to be referred to as "the Princess", hasn't visited schools and given students snobby etiquette lessons while referring to herself as a princess, hasn't branded herself as Princess, doesn't have a clothing line called The Princess Collection, and hasn't written books trading on the princess title.  Lu has done all of these.  I don't care that Noelle is going to be a count.  Lu clings to the countess title because, in her mind, it defines her.  

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

A dying man whose family gave up any and all claims to titles (so NOT a prince) and who was probably scared of dying alone and she became a professional widow, Clooney denies ever meeting her, Ralph Fiennes says neigh about their hook up as well, Russ is not a rock star, he may be in the group but not a star and they had an open relationship. And Adam would not have given her the time of day if she had been Lu's cleaning lady instead of her guest. Everyone including Carole knows that hence the pathetic clinging  and desperation over the "relationship" that has 4 summers left.

BTW, typical bitch move of Carole to give herself a life with more good summers than Adam. She has 5 good summers ending her good summers at 58. Adam gets 20 good ones ending his good summers at 49. 

Now Anthony only married Carole because he was afraid of being alone?  Wow.  That's pretty cruel.   When people turn on a HW, it's no holds barred.  It gets harder and harder to come here with the pile ons.   And the comical side effect is it often martyrs a HW who's just as bad.  Such is life. 

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Lu is not the mother of a countess.  She will be mother of a count when her ex dies.  Queens  do not give up their titles unless they abdicate the throne.  Queen consorts become queen mother once their husband dies and their child inherits the throne, or dowager when their titled husband dies.

I disagree that Carole clings to her non-existent title.   That's Luann.  To my knowledge, Carole doesn't request to be referred to as "the Princess", hasn't visited schools and given students snobby etiquette lessons while referring to herself as a princess, hasn't branded herself as Princess, doesn't have a clothing line called The Princess Collection, and hasn't written books trading on the princess title.  Lu has done all of these.  I don't care that Noelle is going to be a count.  Lu clings to the countess title because, in her mind, it defines her.  

Victoria will never be a Countess.  The title Count passes to the son.  The daughters are SOL.

Carole has not exactly denied the title.   I am surprised as a journalist she even took her husband's name, so many professional journalist use their birth name.

I think Luann has shown she has more going on than being a Countess.  I don't really think I can say what is going on in her mind.  Countess has been part of her life for half her adult life.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Lu clings to the countess title because, in her mind, it defines her.  

And an identity, class, cache and a step up over the unwashed. I've always thought that her insistence on making a deal over what is--frankly--not much was just a signpost to hang her insecurity on.

Now Anthony only married Carole because he was afraid of being alone?  Wow.  That's pretty cruel.   When people turn on a HW, it's no holds barred.  It gets harder and harder to come here with the pile ons.   And the comical side effect is it often martyrs a HW who's just as bad.  Such is life. 

I'm no expert but my understanding is that he was diagnosed after they were married.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 5

Dear Lord, can we please stop with the Carole/LuAnn/title comparisons?  I know you are but what am I??????   There is enough crazy/bitchy/scary/funny with these women that we don't have to nitpick this stuff.  Do we?  When I read a reply about the behavior/titles of these two Ho-wives, I know who wrote the reply without even looking at names.  I know you guys have a lot better snark than the "title shaming" that goes on and on.

• Love 10
On 9/3/2016 at 10:24 AM, pasdetrois said:

I just read Tama Janowitz's latest memoir.

Fist pump for Tama!

22 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Who own chickens? In NYC?

It seems improbable, right? Well, when we lived in Manhattan, there was a Townhouse with a Chicken Coup a block over. The SMELL!!!! OMG....deadly!

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 3
On 9/1/2016 at 3:00 PM, shoegal said:

Maybe the wife would not agree to the call, it's obvious to me that there was a plan in place and the daughter agreed beforehand.  Maybe the wife wants nothing to do with it. 

I would certainly never agree, as the wife, to take that call. But the curious thing to me was--I don't have any children, but if I had, let me hear that the ball-gargling hog who is now humping my husband and father of my kids is dragging my daughter into this. He (and his ball-gargling hog) wouldn't need a divorce--they'd need Phaedra's mortuary business. Please believe that. <shrug> 

• Love 10

Carole clings to her non-existent title.  Carole doesn't request to be referred to as "the Princess",

That's because there is NO title. The Radziwills gave up their titles decades ago. Carole has never been a princess, Anthony was not a prince and there was no title to inherit.

44 minutes ago, Beden said:

I'm no expert but my understanding is that he was diagnosed after they were married.

I thought Carole told Bethenny that he was ill when they married because Bethenny was surprised by that revelation

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, film noire said:

If Dennis really had her number,  he'd be running for the hills.

One place he isn't running for-divorce court.

50 minutes ago, Beden said:

And an identity, class, cache and a step up over the unwashed. I've always thought that her insistence on making a deal over what is--frankly--not much was just a signpost to hang her insecurity on.

Carole said the cancer reoccurred shortly before they got married.  Apparently, Bethany had not read her book. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Amen!

What kills me is even if you write book on etiquette, does that mean you forever wear a chastity belt?  What does good manners have to do wtih having a great sex life?  If it is because she's slept with married men in the past, wonder how Beth feels about our more-than-likely first husband, Bill Clinton?  Maybe he's not first husband worthy?  Did she yell at him for being a whore at the fundraiser but parading around with his wife and child at political events?  I mean if her problem is Lu's morality when it comes to sex, then she probably has a very small circle of friends in New York who could ever meet that standard.

But of course, I don't think her dislike of Lu has anything to do with her sex life but more that Lu has always been beautiful and has aged very well.  And yes, funny how the person that she likes is Carole.  Maybe Carole's connections to the Kennedys, Susan Sarandon, etc. are high brow enough for Beth to accept Carole into her inner circle.  And she's really not all that attractive so no real threat to Beth.

Bethenny is just skinny.  All the plastic surgery in the world isn't going to turn her into a swan (although I do think she looks much more attractive).  And that vulgar personality wears thin.  All that success, so little happiness.

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, Lady Grump said:

It seems improbable, right? Well, when we lived in Manhattan, there was a Townhouse with a Chicken Coup a block over. The SMELL!!!! OMG....deadly!

You mean the chickens staged an armed takeover of the town house?  Cool!

(I'm kidding.  I know it was a typo, but the picture of Uzi-wielding poultry just made me laugh.)

• Love 7
Just now, Mondrianyone said:

You mean the chickens staged an armed takeover of the town house?  Cool!

(I'm kidding.  I know it was a typo, but the picture of Uzi-wielding poultry just made me laugh.)

HAHAHAHAHA! Typo and it's staying! lol! :-)

• Love 4

Just now had a chance to watch the reunion episode...wow.  Bethenny's behavior was startling.  For such a self proclaimed "expert" in business and branding she acted like an idiot with nothing to lose.  Her calling the boyfriend's daughter and standing over LuAnn while taunting her was such a rude and classless display that I was embarrassed for her.  At this point I'd have serious concerns about the content of any Skinnygirl related product.

• Love 15

I feel like the reason Carole dislikes LuAnn is the same reason I don't like LuAnn. She's pretentious and a jumped up socialite who had a stint as the Italian version of Vanna White. All of which would actually be interesting, but LuAnn seems very tied to this "Countess" identity which is only a courtesy title in a country that famously executed thousands of their nobles. There is no monarchy in France. There is no feudal system. LuAnn's son will inherit a title. There are no special duties or privileges that will be afforded to him. It's basically bullshit.

As to Bethenny, I'm not even sure what complicated set of motivations is driving her hatred of LuAnn.

I would like LuAnn more if she highlighted the adventurous free spirit part of her life instead of this etiquette darling nonsense.

Hopefully the rest of the reunion isn't Bethenny and LuAnn sniping at each other. Snore.

• Love 10

Carole can take some unknown drug (gummy bear) like it was nothing and puke all over the place and we're supposed to think it's cute and endearing (boys like vulnerable girls wtf) but god forbid anyone else should do/say or partake of  anything that Golum and Skeletor don't approve of. 

• Love 24
25 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I would like LuAnn more if she highlighted the adventurous free spirit part of her life instead of this etiquette darling nonsense.

But that's what she has done.  And now she's called a whore who has fucked everyone in Manhattan.  She can't really win.  And I say this as someone who rolled my eyes at her ettiquette stuff which seemed to really only be in what, the first two seasons?

• Love 24