Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

If this helps either one of you, what made me think he was a poor family was when he was so impressed that they had running hot water in the apartment, and Chantel was like, "Look, this is how it works."

Thank you, I had forgotten that Also.

• Love 3

Including legal fees- how much does it cost all in to get a K-1 Visa? Don't you have to be able to prove you have the income to support the fiancé for a certain time period as well?

Is Nicole planning on going to the parental well to get Azan over? I assume her family has watched the show - they'd be crazy or just ridiculously indulgent to go along with this. They must now know how immature she is, even if they refused to admit it before.

Speaking of - how did Chantal get Pedro over? Isn't she a student with a part-time job? Me thinks even more now that the parental drama is an act. Apparently crazy stalker Danielle actually had an outside party that agreed to sponsor Mohamed.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, millennium said:

We all saw him lie to Father Chantel, pretending he didn't understand English to avoid telling the truth.

If he could lie to her father -- lying before a national audience -- why should we believe anything about him is genuine?

If memory serves, it was Chantel's idea to lie to her parents and creepy brother.  Let's not forget, this is her family, not his.  Based on what we've seen of this couple, seems to me that her transgressions are greater than his. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

LOL! Love it! To me, the work she's had done on her lips makes her look like she's got a harelip. I bet she whistles while she sleeps. And hers is a face that requires make-up to look good.

My Russian boyfriend saw her and said she looks "creepy," so maybe that is why she went the American route.

• Love 2
On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 0:44 PM, lallalla said:

And yet barely meets the requirement of, "You must be this tall to ride this ride."

Luckily for him, he looks tall on TV because Danielle is barely taller than a person from Munchkin Land or an Oompa Loompa.  

Or not luckily for him. Because in some shots, he's good-looking, it'd be dang disappointing to be "one of those women" who dial him up, only to discover IRL, he's not tall at all, he's pocket-sized.

(And I'm a shortie, for reference, only 5'2.5", but I can't even with a guy that's 5'6", which I was stunned to discover about him)

I was amused when he called Luisa "tall". She's 5'5".

• Love 3
On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 4:31 PM, seahag50 said:
  • I don't understand how this started talking about Danielle...I live just outside an even smaller town than Norwalk or Sandusky Ohio and trust me most of the people are educated and own their homes not in trouble with the law and good neighbors...the generalities I see regarding Ohio make me sad that you even go there....consider the person not the town.  I would never live in Miami where you have to carry a gun and have bars on your windows...here in Ohio I do feel safer.

I love Ohio. I was in Cleveland last year and really enjoyed it.  I don't understand why people make fun of it. I was in a small town there a few years back to meet with some Lenape and, although it was kind of weird that nearly everyone in town was blond, they were all warm and welcoming and the food was great!

18 hours ago, happy hobo said:

At the time, I was making great money. Community property state (NV) . I was actually lucky. Generally the alimony is for half the length of the marriage. I was given a shorter time because of my age. It could have been $4k/mo for 9.5 yrs. 

He hadn't worked in YEARS.....and 'claimed' to be disabled (claimed being the operative word). But, it doesn't matter. In a community property state, they want both parties to have the 'same' income. 

wow - i fyou dont mind my language, he seems to be a real d*ck :(

• Love 1
On 11/1/2016 at 5:03 AM, MrSmith said:

I think their reactions are entirely reasonable. Having the request/demand for a pre-nup sprung on them in the proverbial eleventh hour is pretty bad form. Of course, this is entirely Chantel's fault because she spend so much time lying to her parents.

I had to stop watching their story.  I was so mad how she was treating him.  Yes he could have demanded she tell her parents the truth but he didn't and now they don't trust him.  He seems like a nice guy to me.  She seems like a spoiled brat.

• Love 7
On 11/1/2016 at 3:12 PM, greekmom said:

But wasn't that their status m.o.? I thought he said back in an early episode before she came over that they would fight online and he would makeup by buying her something expensive.

And I'm the Queen of Greece.   I really don't get Narkiya.  This guy lied, she knows he lied and yet she thinks he's the best she can do because she REALLY REALLY wants to marry.  I have not pity for her. She made her bed.

Lots of royalty here!  I am the Queen of Natalieland.  Really.  Its a place.  Some of these people on this show are so um, slow, I expect at least one would believe it.  HA!

• Love 3
22 hours ago, steff13 said:

#1 son, age 17, who was home sick from school last week came in while I was watching the part of the episode with Anfisa's modeling photo shoot.  He said he didn't think she would make it as a model, because she's not what you would call "traditionally attractive," complete with the air quotes. 

This made me laugh.  He sounds sweet.  Most boys that age I know would have a slightly more colorful way of saying that.

21 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I don't see Pedro in the same manner you do and likely won't going forward, so I'll agree to disagree. Chantel didn't want him to say anything so he didn't. It reflects more poorly on Chantel than it does Pedro, IMO.

Agree 100%

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

I love Ohio. I was in Cleveland last year and really enjoyed it.  I don't understand why people make fun of it. I was in a small town there a few years back to meet with some Lenape and, although it was kind of weird that nearly everyone in town was blond, they were all warm and welcoming and the food was great!

Yes to loving Cleveland! I'm actually from Long Island, but now Cleveland or Die.

My husband's family is from there (and most are stil there). He lived there (Rocky River) until he was 11, but has always considers himself a Clevelander! 

He literally spent his other younger years (Tallahassee - cause his father was a political appointee to Bob Graham) making attennas on his radio to get the Cavs, Indians and Browns games.

As you can suspect - he's a little depressed today. Surprisingly - I am too.

Sorry if off topic.

I don't know how much I buy into the "Jorge lied to anfisa/broke his promise" angle. if a guy says to me "I want to give you the world. marry me and I'll give you whatever you want" it would not occur to me to think he meant it literally. it's a romantic sentiment. you have to be a pretty disgusting person to hear that as a a blank check - even if the guy is loaded - and to go around asking for the most expensive item in every store you visit. Whether she thinks it is business or not, they don't have a contractual agreement. someone that frigging greedy gets zero sympathy from me when complaining she isn't getting enough from her benefactor. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't know how much I buy into the "Jorge lied to anfisa/broke his promise" angle. if a guy says to me "I want to give you the world. marry me and I'll give you whatever you want" it would not occur to me to think he meant it literally. it's a romantic sentiment. you have to be a pretty disgusting person to hear that as a a blank check - even if the guy is loaded - and to go around asking for the most expensive item in every store you visit. Whether she thinks it is business or not, they don't have a contractual agreement. someone that frigging greedy gets zero sympathy from me when complaining she isn't getting enough from her benefactor. 

You're implying romantic-loving feelingsnare involved. I doubt Anfisa has any of these feelings for Jorge. She tolerates him and may have started to like him a bit but she isn't in love. Remember he scoured her inbox begging her for attention and throwing money at her in the hopes of spending time/his life with her. There was an unwritten deal. Sure, the 45k dress and 300k ring was exaggerated for the show I think, but still, she expects her money and pretty things in exchange for her love. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Yes. For Jorge. He fancies himsellf in love with her and she knows it. The point I'm trying to make is that she should know that's how he meant it.

She took him for his word. He already spent $70k on her so she took that as a down payment. If she were in love she'd be ok with what he did but she isn't and he should be keeping his part of the deal.

• Love 3

For whatever reason Anfisa did see it as a blank check and reminded Jorge about it repeatedly.  We saw it every episode more than once.  Jorge didn't ever dispute it and even bought her expensive things and took her to expensive stores to validate the idea.  I don't see her as a bad person for taking advantage of that...she's made no secret that a gold digger's gonna dig.  But Jorge's made the big mistake of thinking money can buy love.  That just doesn't ever end well.

(Note:  I still don't think she should've treated him so badly in this week's episode.  Nobody should be treated like that no matter what they argued about.)

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Sup wit dat said:

(Note:  I still don't think she should've treated him so badly in this week's episode.  Nobody should be treated like that no matter what they argued about.)

If Anfisa didn't treat him like a disgusting worm, he wouldn't be interested in her.  I agree no one should be treated like Jorge unless they really, really like it.  The way he was screaming out: "she is cray-ay-ay-zay!" before she arrived it was obvious that "cray-zay" is what gives him the hardon.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 7

Really, I wonder why she's still there, if she feels like she's wasting her time. He's been giving her an allowance, but he didn't buy the bag, the dress, or the ring. At this point, it's pretty clear the level of financial support/gifting she's going to get from him. Plus she seems disgusted by him in general. What's the point of riding it out until day 90? Makes me wonder if she really thinks she can hook another, wealthier sucker.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

If Anfisa didn't treat him like a disgusting worm, he wouldn't be interested in her.  I agree no one should be treated like Jorge unless they really, really like it.  The way he was screaming out: "she is cray-ay-ay-zay!" before she arrived it was obvious that "cray-zay" is what gives him the hardon.

Yeah, I know you're right but damn, their relationship has gone beyond dysfunctional and crossed into freaky disturbing.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Sup wit dat said:

Yeah, I know you're right but damn, their relationship has gone beyond dysfunctional and crossed into freaky disturbing.

It reminds me something like this

This is how the Anfisa and Jorge dynamic works, only she's not as nice or as classy as Mariska.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I am so frustrated over a tiny thing.  I'm deaf and I can't figure out why Jorge's name is being said George.  Was his mother being creative in naming?  Is his name really pronounced the Spanish way and Anfisa just calls him George?

Depending on the social circles he ran with as a child, he might have anglicized his name to fit in with his peers.  It's common. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I am so frustrated over a tiny thing.  I'm deaf and I can't figure out why Jorge's name is being said George.  Was his mother being creative in naming?  Is his name really pronounced the Spanish way and Anfisa just calls him George?

Even his sister pronounced it that way. I suspect his mother just preferred the spelling. That said, his sister's name is Lourdes and he did pronounce that with two syllables. So....

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Even his sister pronounced it that way. I suspect his mother just preferred the spelling. That said, his sister's name is Lourdes and he did pronounce that with two syllables. So....

Maybe he just dislikes the pronunciation whore-hay?

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Virtually Me said:

To be fair, the city had more problems years ago.  I lived out there in the very early 90's, and there were issues then.  We didn't go back until 2007, and we were amazed.  Now we visit as often as we can.

They do that in German as well-George is pronounced Gayouk. Have no idea why??

I do not mean any insult or offense (though the clumsy way I'm asking may seem that way.) If you are deaf, how do you know how they are pronouncing it? lip reading ? I'm genuinely curious. I don't know much about how deafness works.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

For whatever reason Anfisa did see it as a blank check and reminded Jorge about it repeatedly.  We saw it every episode more than once.  Jorge didn't ever dispute it and even bought her expensive things and took her to expensive stores to validate the idea.  I don't see her as a bad person for taking advantage of that...she's made no secret that a gold digger's gonna dig.  But Jorge's made the big mistake of thinking money can buy love.  That just doesn't ever end well.

I think the fact she IS a gold digger makes her a bad person.  Good people don't purposely take advantage of others and exploit someone who has feelings for them.  Not sure if Jorge has true feelings or has such poor self esteem he will take a beating from a homely gold digger with big boobs.  

• Love 5
On 10/31/2016 at 8:45 AM, CofCinci said:

Is she?  Anfisa has been completely honest about what she expects.  Jorge wanted a relationship with a woman he could easily exploit and control.  Why do men like Matt, Jorge, Mike (S1), and Mark (S3) seek out these type of relationships?  Power and control imbalance.  They want to have something they can fuck when then they want without it having the means to leave.  Jorge is what is wrong with society.  

I don't think Jorge is "right." But goddamn, why does everyone justify Anfisa's "totally open and honest approach" to why she is here?  Would it be as acceptable for a man like Mark from season 3 to say, "I enjoy taking a girl-child far from her native land to my home far away so I can dominate her"?  (He didn't; he justified it by saying he was "in love"). How about "I'm cruel and I enjoy hurting animals and small children.  Hey, I'm honest about what gets me going, so just accept me as I am."

Sorry, but there are social and human norms that shouldn't be crossed.  No, you don't expect to "buy" another person for sex and to use as arm candy. But you also don't openly despise, exploit and mistreat another human for your own (financial and material) gain.  None of it is right.

I just really dislike the "you go, Anfisa!" attitude when she is a self-centered, selfish and downright vicious human.  The only time I have ever seen her smile on this show is when she is looking in the mirror.

• Love 16

I personally wouldn't do what Anfisa is doing, but I have way more respect for her being open than Mark in s3 who was saying he loved his bride when he really had hidden agendas all over the place.

If someone deliberately misleads a person into a trap then they're the lowest of the low.  But if someone lets you know what they're about and you walk freely into their life then you shouldn't expect tons of sympathy when it goes off the rails.

If I know a person hurts animals and small children and I choose to associate with them then I'd better not be surprised when they hurt animals and small children.  If I choose to date someone in prison then I shouldn't be surprised when they can't go with me to the county fair.

Jorge freely walked into this knowing Anfisa is a gold digger.  He spent lots of time with her before she came to the US.  If he says he's gonna put out the cash and Anfisa let him know she'll take it then more power to her.  If, however, she promised him love and home cooked meals every night that would be a different story.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Sup wit dat said:

Jorge freely walked into this knowing Anfisa is a gold digger.  He spent lots of time with her before she came to the US.  If he says he's gonna put out the cash and Anfisa let him know she'll take it then more power to her.  If, however, she promised him love and home cooked meals every night that would be a different story.

That's what I'm not sure about here... what did she promise, if anything? I wonder if she's ever said 'love', etc, because he seemed surprised (or was acting surprised), when she said she was just with him for what he could buy her. Is he okay with just buying someone to have as arm candy, or does he really think she loves him? Questions...

• Love 1

That was for real the WORST looking bachelor party I can imagine, what shit friends.

Regardless of where Pedro comes from, I get a vibe that Chantel's family has some money lined up for her. I once lived in a similar studio apartment, and worked my ass off to pay for it, certainly didn't have time to sit in bed "stressed" or go on vacations to fucking Panama city florida (for reasons I will never understand). Her parents seem very helicopter-y, which is why their kids sit in bed and call out of school when "stressed" and it wouldn't surprise me if they will never see a student loan

• Love 6

That bachelor party had to be the goofiest collection of men I've ever seen assembled in one place. I kept expecting to hear someone yell "yabba dabba do" or something. I couldn't stop thinking of the Flintstones; fake laughs over things that weren't funny. Dude and his friends seem like simpletons.  

• Love 11
On 10/31/2016 at 0:39 AM, hisbunkie said:

That's a HUGE if.  They would have to remain married for over ten years, not have a job and prove to a Court he needs to be rehabilitated in order to work.  That does not happen in the real world.  Women who have been married for decades don't get alimony any more.  I think the parents are as delusional as their daughter.  

Women in FL married over a certain # of years do get alimony and a lot of it if you get a good attorney.  Someone we know just went through a divorce, I was SHOCKED at what his wife got even though she was the one who left.  He is a good guy, she took him to the cleaners. 

On 11/4/2016 at 4:24 AM, Eater of Worlds said:

In SoCal this is more common...honestly in part because of discrimination.

My SIL is named Maria Luisa and her husband is Jorge.  They're both fluent Spanish speakers and of hispanic heritage.  They live south east of Los Angeles proper.  They call each other Mary and George.  

I have had other friends in Southern California who anglicize their names. I have a very latin origin last name and I anglicize it somewhat because it's an uncommon name and I live in an area that's not heavily latino. It's expedient.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2016 at 9:21 PM, Sup wit dat said:

If, however, she promised him love and home cooked meals every night that would be a different story.

I can't imagine that Jorge is professing "love" and that he is puzzled by her rebuffs if she didn't somehow lead him to believe that she cared for him.

Then again, who knows if Jorge has any grasp of what a normal adult romantic relationship is all about.

Edited by KateHearts

I just watched the episode preview. why the hell hasn't Jorge changed the password on his phone? 

Anyone else think he decided to make the ring a surprise so anfisa wouldn't know the price tag?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4

Unless Jorge is a Sheikh from Abu Dhabi, Anfisa will not be able to go into stores and just point at what bags amd shoes she wants, which is clearly what she is going for. I don't understand - if she is completely for the money, why not go on sugarbabies.com or whatever that website is called ? That way thered be absolutely no confusion. Why does Jorge not look her in the eye and tell her hes not leaving his home smh. 

I am kind of falling in love with the Kentucky goober way of speaking that Matt and his friends/family do. The stripper scene was staged as was his reaction - he knew he was on national TV, duh. 

• Love 4
On 11/4/2016 at 6:21 PM, Sup wit dat said:

I personally wouldn't do what Anfisa is doing, but I have way more respect for her being open than Mark in s3 who was saying he loved his bride when he really had hidden agendas all over the place.

If someone deliberately misleads a person into a trap then they're the lowest of the low.  But if someone lets you know what they're about and you walk freely into their life then you shouldn't expect tons of sympathy when it goes off the rails.

If I know a person hurts animals and small children and I choose to associate with them then I'd better not be surprised when they hurt animals and small children.  If I choose to date someone in prison then I shouldn't be surprised when they can't go with me to the county fair.

No, Anfisa is still misleading no matter what the cameras catch her saying to him. If she and Jorge had met on a sugar baby website, it would all be on the table. For being only about $$$$ I see a lot of mixed messages from both of them, especially when she says "If you love me you would .... ". The word "Love" does not belong here if she is being totally upfront about this being an arrangement. She surely only loves his money, but he is supposed to love her, like a pet  I guess. And for the love of God, please don't let any of your daughters ever watch this season and the Anfisa segments and allow them to think this behavior is somehow excusable because it is "honest." 

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 6

Nicole and Azan can't get along, he doesn't find her attractive, they have nothing in common, they come from different worlds, she's a big nasty baby, all they do is play video games... but if they become completely different people, they could maybe fall in love!  This is a marriage that cannot fail.

• Love 8
On 11/4/2016 at 10:18 AM, MrSmith said:

I had a friend in 5th grade whose family came from Cuba, his name was Jorge. They pronounced it George. 

• Love 1
On November 2, 2016 at 4:31 PM, seahag50 said:
  • I don't understand how this started talking about Danielle...I live just outside an even smaller town than Norwalk or Sandusky Ohio and trust me most of the people are educated and own their homes not in trouble with the law and good neighbors...the generalities I see regarding Ohio make me sad that you even go there....consider the person not the town.  I would never live in Miami where you have to carry a gun and have bars on your windows...here in Ohio I do feel safer.

So, it's not right to stereotype Ohio, but it's fine to stereotype Miami?  I don't get it.

BTW, I was just in Miami and I didn't see bars on anybody's windows.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Matias130 said:

Maybe I am crazy but I am starting to think that Nicole and Azan is the sweetest story this season. 

I don't even believe Azan is attracted to women.  Mo either.  It's dangerous to be LGBT in their culture.  I can see how they're willing to attach themselves to women like Dani and Nicole to ensure passage out of there.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I don't even believe Azan is attracted to women.  Mo either.  It's dangerous to be LGBT in their culture.  I can see how they're willing to attach themselves to women like Dani and Nicole to ensure passage out of there.

Yes, I thought the same thing.  If Mo was gay, I'd like him so much more!!!

• Love 2