Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Put A Ring On It / S06.E02: Tweet Tweet

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I doubt Amber or Matt the Scammer can peel themselves away from the couch to walk those dogs like they're suppose to. Can you imagine what it must smell like in their house?

What is it with people and "open concept"? 

The money that Tyler wants spend to buy a new house could be used to obtain a college degree or learning a trade. You know, something that will help him take care of all these kids he wants to have when the gravy train ends.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 5

Maci: Don’t act like you didn’t force Taylor to propose. It’s all you talked about last season. Okay, you’ve trapped him.  Also, she knew she was pregnant with baby no 3 last season.  Have you ever heard of birth control?  Is Taylor auditioning  for MTV’s version of the Bush People? That beard is awful. 

Catelynn: Do she and Tyler move every season? MTV must be paying them real well if they’re able to do that. Also, why would they call Sad Panda to evaluate her, when she has her own therapist? Tyler was a dick. I hope this doesn’t continue. Also, how many times could he say that he wanted her depression and anxiety under control before he knocked her up again? Nova is adorable.

Amber: Matt is a douche. The fact that he went for Jenelle makes me nauseous.  I wonder if it was her twitter handle that he was getting covered up.  Did she really need Farrah to tell her to dump the douche? Amber should be smarter than that.  Gary’s baby is pretty cute. I’m glad that he and Amber are getting along. For the time being, anyway.

Farrah: Once a bitch, always a bitch.  She pulled a Jenelle and bought herself an engagement ring. Was Simon too busy to do it for her? Farrah should be fired. 

• Love 7

I realized something interesting about Cate and Tyler's talk of having more kids someday. Last season. Tyler was gung-ho about having another baby while Cate seemed scared shitless at the mere thought of getting pregnant again. Last night, Cate was all about having a large family while Tyler was rolling his eyes and looking extremely irritated. I don't think he wants anymore kids period. Like Ryan with Bentley, I think Tyler learned his lesson with Nova. However, Cate almost seemed desperate to hear him say that he wanted to have another baby with her. How she could even think about having more kids when she's depressed and miserable is beyond me. I don't think she wants another baby because she has that desire but because she thinks it might keep Tyler around more because she's so terrified of losing him. Honey, look at his face. Look at how bothered he is. He does not want more kids, especially with you. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Catelynn: Do she and Tyler move every season? MTV must be paying them real well if they’re able to do that. Also, why would they call Sad Panda to evaluate her, when she has her own therapist? Tyler was a dick. I hope this doesn’t continue. Also, how many times could he say that he wanted her depression and anxiety under control before he knocked her up again? Nova is adorable.

For years, Tyler made Catelynn jump through hoops until he finally agreed to marry her. I think he's going to do the same thing but with kids now. "Yeah, honey, I'll have another baby with you if you drop fifty pounds this month" or something. Or, "I'll definitely consider having another child if you don't have an anxiety attack for three whole months." This is inherently not a bad idea because Cate really does need to better herself before she even thinks about getting pregnant again. But this time she'll be doing it for Tyler, not for herself or for the sake of her children. Once again, she'll drive herself crazy just trying to appease him so he can throw her a bone. Her anxiety will probably rev up because she'll be so scared of failing Tyler or bothering him. She'll never be free or truly happy until she's away from him and his constant scrutiny. 

• Love 14

Poor Taylor's barber.  He seems like such a nice guy and he worked so hard to get Taylor's haircut just right.  Too bad nobody will notice it because it's impossible to look away from that scraggly thing on his chin.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I like to imagine their lives especially when the cameras AREN'T there, for the second people in the lives of the stars, like Gary's wife or girlfriend. How many times has she seen him lumber into the downstairs bathroom with the latest copy of the Affliction catalog and thought "What the fuck am I doing with my life," as he battles with the last three Arby's sandwiches he's eaten, knowing she's going to have to clean that up, and will smell his slim jim breath as he huffs away pumping at her for two or three minutes, hoping to god diabetes takes his ability to get an erection soon. How many times has she said "I have asked you a hundred times, please close the door and leave the fan ON after, Gary, we only have one bathroom on this floor and I'm trying to make dinner". How many times has she gone with a laundry basket back into their bedroom while he's still sleeping, only to hear a cacaphonous bedfart that he doesn't even notice. Is it worth it, Kristina?

I don't know you but I don't like you.  This mess right here is going to cost me my good paying job.  Or at least be sent to human resources for my laughing outbursts.

I always hope Gary will try again for the Biggest Loser (if it gets a new season).  He really looks like he struggles to just exist.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Larry was hugging and kissing Tyler and the baby! How the hell did that guy raise such a loser? Besides the adorable Maci and Bentley moment, the best part of that scene was that she announced the engagement in front of the other teen mom families! Oh to scan that crowd and see the faces. I was dying to put thought bubbles over their heads. To their credit, Tyler and Cate really looked choked up by the interactions with Bentley. While the others seemed to plaster on fake smiles of indifference or jealousy (Amber, Matt, Farrah).  Of course Ryan looked like turning his head in that direction was too much effort. 

I too had to keep rewinding the child support argument that Amber spat out in record fashion. That's how you always know when she's lying - she says something jumbled, fast, and pissed off. Gary was apparently going for retroactive child support, and I'm not sure why that was dismissed. She's been out of jail a long time now and Gary has been carrying the full load (pun, no pun). I also heard her say that the agreement was still being held to minimal visitation until she signs the papers. So GARY is the one who couldn't wait for the signing and not her? She had to go ride a horse (Leah pointing out the dead squirrel was golden - that little girl has a lot of life, thank god - or thank you Kristina).  Amber would get to it in another "few days". Yep, can't wait to have that kid. How exactly is it 50/50 when Gary has her Monday - Friday? Why can't Amber and her band of peeing puppies move near the school? Just when I sort of like her, off she goes into double talk and avoidance. Same deal that Jenelle throws out there for never really getting Jace. If I didn't have my child I'd buy out a neighbor and get the hell in there. 

Who is Kristal even with these days? It wasn't that long ago that she was sobbing about the end of her marriage. Hey, at least she also has a BIG brown sofa. And some odd full wall curtain backdrop. What's back there - her boyfriend? Honey Boo Boo? Vodka? Oh btw - I feel like Matt almost outed Amber as being back on drugs. He led her into saying she was on antidepressants, but I swear one or both of them wanted to admit to Xanax, klonopin, etc..   It's strange - I think Gary's baby looks just like Leah AND Kristina. And Kristal's kids looked like Leah too. How do all those Anderson Indiana people look alike?

Open concept? Heh. So they did buy that house? Have we seen pics? All I know is that I still see big orange walls on their snapchat. I guess they thought they really hit the nail on the head with that color. They do seem to spend far less than the others in the franchise (I wonder if they've gotten paid more because they're a couple?). But to me they've always seemed the type to give it out to family, and god knows that family would run with it. The only other splurge appears to be cars, but the other moms do that too. It does seem like they'd have a good savings. Just get a skill now !

Oh EmeraldGirl, I enjoyed and agreed with every bit of this.  The end of each paragraph had me in stitches though.  The one with Ryan and turning his head started it all and made me lose my shit.  I was glad it finally ended as I feared they were going to kick me out of the doctor's office for my outbursts.  I kept saying so sorry this is just so funny and so true.  So thank you for your astute observations.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Or how about when she tried to do the waifish braid thing?

Or when she walked out of the kitchen to greet the cameras holding a jar of her sauce with the label out like a Price is Right model? 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, MelineB13 said:

Or when she walked out of the kitchen to greet the cameras holding a jar of her sauce with the label out like a Price is Right model? 

Didn't she also say something like "Indian people like a lot of sauces" here that sounded at best stupid, at worst racist?

• Love 13

I am guessing since Cate herself has mentioned her weight issues on the episode last night (along with Tyler the Dick) that it is fair game to discuss her weight? Here goes:

Cate dear. That gigantic quesadilla was not worth 7 points. More like 777 points. You are not a healthy eater at all. Even before she put on the weight, junk food is the norm for that girl.

Cate, Cate, Cate. Get real and be honest. You likely smoke pot at least four times a day, not two. And what was the point of covering up the camera in the vehicle? We know you smoke cigarettes. Loved the editors as they showed the smoke coming out of her nose.

Tyler is one big dick for continuously pointing out her weight issues, as if she will magically drop the weight on demand. He has no fucking filter whatsoever. Cate could easily lose 160 pounds if she dumped Tyler's ass, but she won't.

Amber is as much a con artist as Matt. He is playing her, but she has been playing her daughter for the longest time about being the best mom to her and how she will get her back  (shades of Jenelle) and then there is her con about the child support. If this was Gary owing support? The shaming and slamming by Amber would be going into over-drive.

• Love 9

Wait, when did Cate's friend Alexa in the single wide have her own baby? No rings on her fingers, and sort of awkward to go to your biggest friend and talk about weight watchers. Too bad they don't try and do it together, but Alexa couldn't look less interested. Stick Tyler behind that scary curtain at Kristal's (I have no idea if I'm even spelling that stupid name right, but I know she's living up to it by spelling her son's name "Leightun").  They need Amber to come visit. She announced that she has NO friends. Great, just Amber, Matt, the sofa of doom, and legs lifted here, there, and everywhere (copywrite Lennon and McCartney). 

• Love 4

Cate smokes weed twice a day every day? Gee, I wonder why she's depressed? And I say that as a pro weed person. I have never met a happy daily smoker. They should have used the TM money to move to a city where they can have more opportunities and more therapists to choose from cause the one she's going to sucks.

How many babies does Maci have when she finds out she's pregnant again? Bintley and one little one or two? Seriously, I've lost count.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, MelineB13 said:

Or when she was flattered that Simon liked her sauce, because "Indians" have so many sauces to choose from. I'm sorry, is Simon from India???

• Love 7
17 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Did Catelynn really just cover up the camera with a Post-It note so she could take a drag? Honey, it isn't a secret that you smoke. In fact, there are rumors that she smoked during her pregnancy with Nova. She's also been seen smoking in photos. Who does she think she's fooling? 

I think she was probably smoking weed while driving.  That's the only reason why she'd have to cover the camera. 

• Love 14

Oh so happy this show is back.  Caitlyn and Amber are still my OG Sofa Teen Moms.  Poor Caitlyn she doesnt realize as long as she is with Tyler she is going to be depressed as hell.  Tyler and his needing an "open concept" made me LOL.   I would love a Farrah/Simon wedding.  He pretty much looks annoyed bored whenever Farrah is around yet Farrah keeps coming back for more.  Would love a wedding for these two.  They deserve each other.   Bentley checking to see if he got any texts is the stuff of cuteness.  If I didnt have an 8 year old who also texts/gets texts I'd say "what world are we living in?"   

• Love 4

How old is Nova? Nevermind I looked it up, she was born last January so she's a year old when this was filmed.  I got confused because regarding her weight Catelyn said "I just had a baby."  Sorry but no.  Lose the weight or don't, but don't act like 12 months ago is "just" having a baby.  I say this as someone struggling to lose the baby weight from the baby I had in June (33 lbs down, 18 to go).  You know what I'm not doing? Eating 1200 calorie quesadillas.

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 14

Weight watchers has a line of frozen quesadillas under the smart ones label. I've eaten them and Cate, if you are enjoying your dinner, you aren't eating the seven point version.  Maybe 10 of them combined would be the size of the one she ate.  

Farrah's gigantic boobed friend (which looked painful to me), said once Farrah moved to LA, she could stop "being bi-coastal".  So that term works for cities four hours away from the Gulf Coast?

Uncle Juice, you almost got me fired.  I've giggled all afternoon at your portrait of Americana.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, poopchute said:

How old is Nova? Nevermind I looked it up, she was born last January so she's a year old when this was filmed.  I got confused because regarding her weight Catelyn said "I just had a baby."  Sorry but no.  Lose the weight or don't, but don't act like 12 months ago is "just" having a baby.  I say this as someone struggling to lose the baby weight from the baby I had in June (33 lbs down, 18 to go).  You know what I'm not doing? Eating 1200 calorie quesadillas.

She has a history of pulling that kind of crap. She gained a ton of weight after having Carly, but always tried to blame it on the pregnancy. i mean, there's footage of her eating a ton of unhealthy crap and not getting any kind of exercise. And, yes, Nova was over a year old when this was filmed. I've never been pregnant, so I can't really say how long it should or could take somebody to lose baby weight, but shouldn't she be trying to lose it or making headway? My cousin had trouble losing weight after her daughter's birth and gained some extra pounds because she was eating unhealthy crap, but she eventually lost the weight and is back to her regular size. And she and her husband both work full-time jobs. Cate also lost a lot of weight before she got pregnant again, so she knows she can do it. I think cutting Tyler loose will be the perfect start. We all know he's dead enough weight as is. 

• Love 7

The only reason Tyler needs an open concept house is so he can bitch at Cate over everything she does.

Living with April and Butch as a teenager has harmed how Cate deals with life. She cannot speak up for herself. So she just does what everyone wants, so that she won't be beaten down, stepped on or cause waves. So she eats because Tyler won't shut the fuck up about her appearance and that's how she deals with stress. She doesn't understand that he isn't good for her and staying with him only harms her. He is constantly nasty and nagging and all she's done her whole life is try to make everyone happy and here he is nagging and being a raging asshole. Then he is so condescending. I wish she would say yeah mf, not everyone is tall and skinny like you are and so fucking conceited about what exactly? Being on TV. He is such a catch. 

I wish she would come back from therapy and dump his ass. She would be so much happier, instead of sitting in a corner afraid she is going to trigger him to go off and hit her or rage at her just like April and Butch were to her. That's the reason she is the way she is, because those 2 assholes and their relationship and drug problem. She sat around for years not wanting to poke the hornets nest (Butch and April) and now she's that way with Fuckhead.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

When I see nasty ass coward Ryan now I'm completely disgusted.  All I can think about is what he did.  

What did he do? What did I miss?

A few thoughts:

Sofia remains a very unfortunate looking wild child. Did you see her ripping apart the gift with a mad face and someone asking her, ‘Sofia, is there a card on that one.” Then all of a sudden when the camera came back she was reading a card. Rude at 7.

Simon looks like he’s hanging around just to make trouble and push Farrah’s buttons. 

I love how Tyler is all about “I want a big family but you need to get your shit together with this depression stuff.” And don’t get me started on the heifer talk.

Maci is kind of sickening to me. She seems impossible to please. For one thing, I thought the ring was fugly, but if she likes it… but who really paid for it? 

I am losing patience with this show. For one thing there is nothing new going on. We read about this pregnancy and Maci stuff a long time ago so seeing it air is a big whoop moment. Plus there is no story:

Amber and Gary. Custody issue. Get papers written. Change them ten times. Sign them.

Matt is a loser. Give examples. Amber ignores them.

Farrah is Farrah. (WHOA! on her big boobed buddy. Yikes!)

Gary wins the Cracker Barrel Who Can Eat the Most Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes contest. Every day.

Maci. Sourpuss face that will never be pleased with anything. This guy is going to hear for the rest of his life how long he made her wait. She will nag him to death. Maybe I am a weird person but I didn't understand Bentley's tears over the engagement. He comes across as a nice kid but not a soft kid that would cry in joy for that. I figured maybe he was crying at the joy that he won't have to hear his mother bitch and moan and whine about not being engaged now.

Taylor just looks dirty. Even with a neat haircut, the beard makes him just look unbathed. Same with Ryan. There is something about him that is just filthy.

I may be extra crabby today. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder that is healing but hurts like HELL so my tolerance level for anything is very small right now.

• Love 13

Maci's quite honestly the worst of the lot these days for me. She's been with this little runt what a year or two? Why the rush for marriage? And I agree her reaction to the proposal was ill-mannered. What a joke. And the deception of it all! One minute she's fat, then pube face asks if she could be pregnant, then 10 seconds later she's hoping out the bed to take a test that she just so happens to have in the home. Lmao she's not fooling me. Riiiiine, what a loser. Bintley is so cute loved when he cried.

Farrah, she was the most rational tonight even with the engagement ring conniption. Loved the segment with her speaking to Amber. Debra is loony and extremely bizarre to say the least. Simon...I find him attractive and seemingly bright, so I still wonder why he's messing around with Farrah.

Catelynn, oh boy...she's extremely depressed, self medicating to cope with the depression, subsequently negating the effects of her medication, and struggling with her body. Tyler looks at her with such contempt I really struggle to watch her scenes sometimes. Also what a butter face. He really thinks of himself as some kind of sex God, eh? The baby talk was absurd she can barely handle the kid she's got now. She's not right and looks very ill. How sad.

Amber, honey you're pathetic. I know it's Indiana but you can get a better one! All these kids he's neglecting, stories aren't adding up, hollering at other teen moms before choosing your weak ass. Why's she even on the show? She can hardly be considered a mother to boo boo, that would require her having to get up off the couch. She's got no one to blame but herself when he blows through all her cash and she's left out to dry.

• Love 5

I love how Maci and Taylor just so happened to think that she could be pregnant again and they just so happened to have a pregnancy test in the bathroom and it just so happened to have already been opened which is odd because Maci is the only one in that house who could actually take it. That was some of the worst acting on this show---yes, worse than Farrah's weird whisper-cry. 

I refuse to believe that Maci had no idea she was pregnant until she was already so far along. She was trying to hide her baby bump last season and at the reunion. She only wanted to admit her pregnancy after Taylor finally proposed to her orange ass. I wonder if she kept drinking last season to keep up appearances until she got her ring? Because if so then she's a POS. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, poopchute said:

THIS! I laughed at the "I just had a baby!" excuse. We will hear that excuse until she is pregnant with the next one. I can only blame Tyler so much. Cate has to deal with the choices she makes.

I think Catelynn googled the Weight Watchers website and figured she will make her own food. It did not sound as if she is a legit WW participant. She is just watching the food that goes into her mouth.

@poopchute hope all is going well with the baby! 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

THIS! I laughed at the "I just had a baby!" excuse. We will hear that excuse until she is pregnant with the next one. I can only blame Tyler so much. Cate has to deal with the choices she makes.

I think Catelynn googled the Weight Watchers website and figured she will make her own food. It did not sound as if she is a legit WW participant. She is just watching the food that goes into her mouth.

@poopchute hope all is going well with the baby! 

Thank you!  He is a happy sweet boy and I love being a mother!  #blessed #momlife 

Just kidding I would never use those hashtags in real life.

How does Maci wear a wedding band with tbat monstrosity?  It already looks like 4 rings in kne.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Thank you!  He is a happy sweet boy and I love being a mother!  #blessed #momlife 

Just kidding I would never use those hashtags in real life.

How does Maci wear a wedding band with tbat monstrosity?  It already looks like 4 rings in kne.

Haha about the hashtags. 

Yes! That ring Maci got was huge. I cannot wear anything like that because it would be bothersome to me. 

@configdotsys I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did what worked for you and I hope it continues to help you as you go through this ordeal. I once dealt with a death that just threw me for a loop that I thought I would not recover. Depression sucks big time. With the help from a professional, I was told that it was not going to go away if all I did was just lie around and allowing it to eat me alive. I needed to do something proactive. Once I did, the depressed feelings slowly became less and less. Positive thoughts go your way.

Amber mentioned being engaged 4 times. Who were the other two guys? I cannot remember. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I would like to add one thing: I do not know about Depression as a condition, meaning that I am unaware if in any case of depression you can talk yourself or work yourself out of it but...

I am a 49 year old widow as of a few months ago. My life is over. It was sudden, natural causes and I did not get a chance to say goodbye. When I tell you that the pit of grief you fall into is huge, I seriously am uttering an understatement. About a month after it happened, when I got home every day (coming in the door was an ordeal because he was no longer here), I began getting on an exercise bike with headphones on for a half hour or so. If I was in tears and feeling very emotional, I pedaled faster and stayed on longer. Some days it was 5 minutes, some days an hour. I noticed that it made me sleep a little better and I was not as lethargic as I had been. Of course, accompanying that was the guilt of thinking how dare you not be lethargic and miserable because this is a terrible thing! 

It is a hellish existence but I have a very small apartment mananged to get a stationary bike and a treadmill in here. Cate has a house. If she doesn't want to go out, put some equipment in the basement, fire up the music you like and force yourself to get on the bike. Tell yourself that if you don't want to do it that is okay, but you have to do 5 minutes. Then 5 turns into 10 and you might get into it. It might help her Maybe she is too far gone for self-help but I am just throwing that out there. I do know that once a tragic event or condition grabs you, it can very easily pull you down for the count if you let it. And again, once you decide not to let it, you have to play the "try not to feel guilty" game. 

I wish her luck but think this will be a lifelong issue for her as long as Tyler is around and torturing her. Maybe some exercise at home can provide at least something of a diversion of some kind. 

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Love 6

@configdotsys, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I was widowed due to a car accident at a young age,  my heart goes out to you.  

As for your question about what Ryan has done, I put a link in the Maci thread, he was luring neighborhood cats onto his parents property to kill them then bragging about it on social media.  He's a sick bastard.  He now says he was lying in social media then contradicts himself by saying he did it because they scratched his boat.  Loser piece of shit. 

• Love 7

Is Ryan on drugs?  He looked high in one scene and strung out in another.  His parents have always seemed like such decent people.  They raised such a loser.

Catelynn admitting that she smoked pot twice a day was just, ugh.  Who is watching her baby when she's getting stoned?  Did she ever stop to think that it was contributing to her depression?  She strikes me as someone who sleeps late, lays around the house, gets fatter by the minute and then goes to bed very late.  Wakes up late the next day, does it all again.  Of course she's depressed.  She needs to get out of the house and socialize with people.  I honestly think it would make her feel a lot better just doing that.  She and Tyler are just a couple of lazy, hick slugs. WTF was that dump that they overpaid for? $75k??

• Love 7

I told my husband, next time I get baked, I'm gonna stick a post it note to his forehead and he'll have no idea what I'm doing.

And then she's like, well should i lose weight or are we gonna have a big family? Also, i cant help you tear up the floors because depression.  Also, does she think if she says weight watchers enough, she'll nab an endorsement? Cause that would actually be kind of awesome for her. Although, I still don't know why Proactive never snatched up Maci. Speaking of, what a crock! Show of hands, how many of y'all have pregnancy tests on the ready? Puh-leeez. Also, when announcing ones engagement together, how's about WE'RE engaged?  I'm engaged, I'm engaged. Shut up Maci.

I can honestly say, I found Sofia's scenes to be far more cringe worthy than her mom. What a visually unsettling child. I just can't. 

Amber, listen to your girl Farrah. She has a potty outside her house, you live in one. Matt is so gross. 

I didn't know about Ryan and the cats. Ew. I loved when his dad told him he was losing his boyish good looks. He's just miserable.  Such a waste of cute boy.

• Love 11

OMG Tyler-who-has-never-had-a-job, STFU about needing "open concept" and having a couple of acres.  You sound like Kail dumping on her "starter home" that she lived in less than a year.  You wouldn't know open concept if it came up and bit you in the ass.  Too much HGTV viewing when other people your age are at work or school.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Can anyone give me the deets on this Simon guy? I've missed a bit of TM:OG. 

There's a thread on Sneezy Simon here.  Basically he's a poser who lives in an apartment in San Diego and drives a leased $120,000 Mercedes and wears giant watches.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

There's a thread on Sneezy Simon here.  Basically he's a poser who lives in an apartment in San Diego and drives a leased $120,000 Mercedes and wears giant watches.

Thanks! That says it all. 

• Love 4

I think it's funny to look at the statistics for the 8 teen moms in TM and TM2.

Leah is the only one to get pregnant while married.

Maci is the first to have a third (complete) pregnancy, and I guess Jenelle is the first to have three full pregnancies with three different fathers, as well as the first to be confirmed to have been pregnant four times.

Amber and Farrah are the only ones to not have had a second pregnancy.

Sophia, and sort of Nova depending on how you define her sibling relationship with Carly, are the only kids without any half-siblings.

Caitlyn is the only one to have had the same father for both her pregnancies.

Leah's twins (I can never remember all the extraneous vowels in their names) and now Maci's younger two are the only kids who are growing up with full siblings.

It just must get really confusing when you've got half siblings on both sides, and then those half siblings have half siblings!

Edited by rck
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, rck said:

I think it's funny to look at the statistics for the 8 teen moms in TM and TM2.

Leah is the only one to get pregnant while married.

Maci is the first to have a third (complete) pregnancy, and I guess Jenelle is the first to have three full pregnancies with three different fathers, as well as the first to be confirmed to have been pregnant four times.

Amber and Farrah are the only ones to not have had a second pregnancy.

Sophia, and sort of Nova depending on how you define her sibling relationship with Carly, are the only kids without any half-siblings.

Caitlyn is the only one to have had the same father for both her pregnancies.

Leah's twins (I can never remember all the extraneous vowels in their names) and now Maci's younger two are the only kids who are growing up with full siblings.

It just must get really confusing when you've got half siblings on both sides, and then those half siblings have half siblings!

Leah became pregnant while dating Germy. She had a miscarriage.

I thought Jenelle has been pregnant five times? 

• Love 2

Cate had to have been smoking weed. That was way too much smoke for a filtered cigarette coming out of her nose. Plus she had " that cough" when she first hit it. Also, I do know someone extremely well that smokes everyday and is very happy. In fact, he's a bigger jerk than Tyler when he doesn't have any and he's not motivated to do anything but go to work, come home sit in his chair and wait for bedtime. With it he's a funny, easy going guy that finds things to do around the house, but without? Let's just say I'm not the only one that questions him with 'I take it you're out, asshole?'.

As for Maci, it was obvious. The only thing I didn't think was staged was the pregnancy test though. I kept them constantly for years. I'd buy the multi packs when they went on sale and I had a coupon. I didn't do well on birth control and my husband and I had almost zero chance of having any more children after our first one. I could get pregnant though. My point is I kept tests because I didn't use birth control. The people I knew that were trying to conceive kept them, as well. I don't recall anyone on birth control having tests on hand though.  

I liked the tattoo artist. She knew exactly what kind of liar Matt is and played with him like a cat with a lizard. 

I can't stand Simon but he can stay if he's gonna just rile up Farrah. I hope the producers paid him to do it, too. It's pathetic that he seems to be the most normal adult in Sophia's life. It's good because she needs to see someone that doesn't cower to the crazies and sort of sticks up to them. He's even got a few manners about him too. Sophia needs to be around these things before its entirely too late. Which it almost is, unfortunately. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

She strikes me as someone who sleeps late, lays around the house, gets fatter by the minute and then goes to bed very late.  Wakes up late the next day, does it all again.  Of course she's depressed.  She needs to get out of the house and socialize with people.  I honestly think it would make her feel a lot better just doing that.  She and Tyler are just a couple of lazy, hick slugs.

Maybe it's the opposite:  maybe she sleeps late and lays around the house because she's clinically depressed.  For someone with a chemical imbalance, it's not a matter of making yourself get out of the house and socialize, or getting on an exercise bicycle.  It's very hard for people who don't suffer from the condition to understand how someone could just be incapable of doing something as simple as getting some exercise, but that's exactly how it can be for the clinically depressed. 

I suspect for her, it's a combination of clinical depression, situational depression, and a heinous upbringing.  She doesn't seem to be getting good professional care (if calling Dr. Drew is your Hail Mary pass...), she seems to have very little family support, and I don't think she has the smarts or awareness to see anything outside the fog of depression.

And it definitely doesn't help for her livelihood to be dependent on continuing to obsess about Carly, but if she got off the MTV money train, she'd have the same miserable life only maybe combined with poverty.  It's a shame to see all the opportunity she's been given squandered.

• Love 18