Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Put A Ring On It / S06.E02: Tweet Tweet

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know...I think the dude is definitely shady and I question his intentions, but he's not willing to go all the way. Matt would marry Amber tomorrow if he could. Simon won't even pay Farrah back for the ring. And at least Simon hasn't been caught trying to pursue all Teen Moms, just waiting for one to bite.  He's likely using her for a boost, while Matt is content to suck Amber dry like a pathetic, old mosquito. 

Maybe I meant more "gold digger" than "con man", last season he seemed like he couldn't stand Farrah or Sophia; on the premiere he seemed to be getting a kick out of "giving it right back to her". And he even said he "loved them both"

Farrah's probs kind of a "freak in the sheets" and maybe she's prettier IRL but w/that personality I can't see how anyone could stand her (unless *that's* an act but I don't think so. ) I'm sure he doesn't  have such a "baller" life when they're at their off-again moments

• Love 3

He strikes me as a bit of a fame whore. He seems to have learned to tolerate Farrah better this season. Is it just me or does Farrah look better this season? Maybe even a bit pretty? It looks to me like the work she's had done has settled better and her lips aren't freakishly puffy.  Just Me? Okay... She definitely looks more like late 40s woman than an early 20s one. 

• Love 7

This is, I'm sure, an unpopular opinion, but I can't hate Farrah. I just can't. Something fucked her up for sure and I think she needs help rather than disdain. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

Is it just me or does Farrah look better this season? Maybe even a bit pretty? It looks to me like the work she's had done has settled better and her lips aren't freakishly puffy.  Just Me? Okay... She definitely looks more like late 40s woman than an early 20s one. 

In some scenes, she didn't have piles of makeup on and I thought she looked pretty good.  Maybe it is the work settling--her lips don't make her look as much like the Incredible Mr. Limpet as last season.  Her butt still reminds me of Mrs. Wiggins, though, and I'm afraid if it settles at all she'll just have it redone.

• Love 6

I am someone who suffers from depression. In addition to having a progressive, and ultimately terminal, medical condition that causes chronic pain I also lost a child 6 years ago. I've spent the past several years in a depression that does not always respond well to medications or therapy. Diet and exercise are difficult to control, since both are dependent upon my medical condition which is limiting in many ways. Anyway, that is a long-winded way of saying that I really felt for Cate in this episode. 

I can't stand Tyler. I don't know that there is another person on TV that makes me more irate. His vocabulary, telling Cate she needed to be "on the straight and narrow" before they made plans for more kids, infuriates me. And then telling her she needed to try to get off her meds. I mean, girlfriend can hardly get out of bed. It's not laziness, it's depression. And it's a cycle. I have 2 kids and my income pays my family's bills. But yes, there ARE days when it's difficult for me to get out of bed. Lying there and thinking about how badly I feel makes me feel like a terrible mother and wife, which then makes the depression worse. As someone upthread said, this is something Cate will have to work on by herself. Tyler standing over her telling her to "get better" will not make it so. At least she realizes she has an issue and is confronting it. It took me years to realize that I was actually depressed, because it didn't feel like what I'd seen and heard described on TV. I just wish she could go to a support group or better therapist, someone who will help boost her self-esteem. With more confidence, and a healthier grip on her mental health, she might be able to leave Tyler-and I think that's the best thing for her. If she doesn't leave him then she at least needs to learn to stand up to him and get her own needs met. 

Farrah is not someone I can take seriously as a human being so I just usually laugh at her segments. I found her surprisingly likable in this one, though. 

Amber is someone who makes me sad. I think she is in so deep with this craptastic dude that she WON'T leave him because she's too embarassed. She's hanging on because she doesn't want to hear everyone say "I told you so." She sees the other girls in relationships that, from her perspective anyway, look great and SHE wants to be attached as well. The TEEN MOM thing must be a kind of polarizing life to some extent. It's a very odd bubble MTV has created for them. 

Maci? I can't even deal with her nonsense. Taylor was barely able to keep a straight face in that bedroom scene. 

• Love 16

Based on this one episode without the context of the other however many seasons......

Farrah was the most likeable one.  Hell hath frozen over!

She constantly stopped her mother, in a reasonable volume, from starting unnesssesary "drama", was incredibly kind to Amber, and was so physically affectionate to her daughter.  I loved that she told Sophia's Grandfather she appreciated he came down for the party, that was sweet.  

I don't know what she has on Larry, but he was on board with the porta potty, was nice to her on her show, and also gave her a great edit.  

I'd also give her a pass for no kids at the party.  Sophia does go to school, but it may be hard to get kids approved to be on camera.  It seemed like a lot of family in town, so she may have had a party with family, then celebrated with friends another time. 

We'll see how long this lasts.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

In some scenes, she didn't have piles of makeup on and I thought she looked pretty good.  Maybe it is the work settling--her lips don't make her look as much like the Incredible Mr. Limpet as last season.  Her butt still reminds me of Mrs. Wiggins, though, and I'm afraid if it settles at all she'll just have it redone.

I was thinking the same. Everything looks settled and also I feel like since she was the most rational on the episode there inner beauty shines out a bit when she was geniunely reaching out to Amber.

Farrah we want more of that personality!! Plus I liked her lipstick when sitting on the couch with her mom that needs a stylist! Debra is annoying to listen to.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know...I think the dude is definitely shady and I question his intentions, but he's not willing to go all the way. Matt would marry Amber tomorrow if he could. Simon won't even pay Farrah back for the ring. And at least Simon hasn't been caught trying to pursue all Teen Moms, just waiting for one to bite.  He's likely using her for a boost, while Matt is content to suck Amber dry like a pathetic, old mosquito. 

There is just no way Simon ever said he was going to pay her back for that ring. He is in no way interested in being with her. She bought that on her own and told him he could pay her back. To which I'm sure he was like "Uh...maybe." I'm not saying his not the lowest level of fame whore, but I 100% do not believe they had some arrangement like that. What, they don't sell rings ANYWHERE in San Diego?

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, imjagain said:

@GreatKazu,  Not that it matters but that quesadilla was not homemade.  You can see both Tyler and Cate eating out of Styrofoam containers.  I looked up the points on weight watchers and it's actually 7 points for half a chicken quesadilla. 

All this talk of quesadillas made me hungry for one. I made a mushroom quesadilla last night,  no idea what the points were. 

I noticed the same thing! The problem that Cate (and many other people including myself) have with a program like Weight Watchers is that you have to be fully prepared to be fully truthful. Yes a cheese and chicken quesadilla is 7 points. But that is for a single portion. The one she was eating seemed even bigger than your average quesadilla... I'd wager a guess that it was probably 28 points in full. And that doesn't take into account the sour cream. And not to defend Tyler, but I think that was what he was trying to express to her. Like ok, you looked it up, but ALL THAT is 7 points?? Are you sure?? But she's too firmly in denial to pick up on that.

Granted, Tyler is an insufferable asswad who was trying to make this point with a full mouth of chicken tenders. So I can see why Cate either didn't get it or chose not to hear it.

I once had a weight watchers leader explain to my group that yes... you could say "but I didn't go over any of my points and I still gained weight" and be correct. But then you have to look at WHAT you are spending your points on. You can't have a muffin and coffee for breakfast, pizza for lunch and quesadilla for dinner and lose weight. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Katt said:

This is, I'm sure, an unpopular opinion, but I can't hate Farrah. I just can't. Something fucked her up for sure and I think she needs help rather than disdain. 

I can't hate her, either. At least with Farrah you know what you're getting-a whole boatload of crazy. 

• Love 3
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 4:57 PM, poopchute said:

How old is Nova? Nevermind I looked it up, she was born last January so she's a year old when this was filmed.  I got confused because regarding her weight Catelyn said "I just had a baby."  Sorry but no.  Lose the weight or don't, but don't act like 12 months ago is "just" having a baby.  I say this as someone struggling to lose the baby weight from the baby I had in June (33 lbs down, 18 to go).  You know what I'm not doing? Eating 1200 calorie quesadillas.

Damn 33 pounds in two months. You go girl. Teach caitlyn some tips. 

• Love 7
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Talky Tina said:

@configdotsys, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I was widowed due to a car accident at a young age,  my heart goes out to you.  

As for your question about what Ryan has done, I put a link in the Maci thread, he was luring neighborhood cats onto his parents property to kill them then bragging about it on social media.  He's a sick bastard.  He now says he was lying in social media then contradicts himself by saying he did it because they scratched his boat.  Loser piece of shit. 

Damn. The only good thing Ryan has done is not get someone knocked up. He hates kids. But damn what an asshole. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Catelynn?  Hell, teach ME!

Well 20 of it came off before I left the hospital so that was all baby and other...things I guess so that's nothing to brag about.  Now I'm just counting my calories and trying to stay at 1500 a day.  I would normally do 1200 a day but I'm breastfeeding.  I give myself two cheat meals a week.  And I try to go on a walk for at least 30 minutes a day with the baby but it's hot as hell here right now so that doesn't always happen.  That's what I don't understand about Catelyn...when you have so much weight to lose, it starts to fall off quickly when you just make small changes.  I get that she's depressed...I certainly wasn't motivated to get healthy for the first 6 weeks after having the baby.  And I'm not saying she has to go all out with a diet and exercise program.  But if she wants to lose weight, which she says she does, she has to DO something about it.  Going on a walk for a half hour or an hour a day is not hard.  Especially when you don't work!!! That would be a start.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:
21 hours ago, ghoulina said:

NOt sure why this is a quote either, but I bet that house goes through 8 liters of soda a week. If you knock that off, you will see a difference in less than a month. 

The one thing I can feel Catelynn on is how hard it is to live with someone who can eat everything.  My husband can sit and eat a BOX of Entemann's Pop'ems , bags of chips, and some soda in one day.  ONE DAY.  What will happen?  He'll drop weight.  When I tell you I cannot stand this man.  It's super hard to order the salad and sit across the table from a dude devouring an entire pizza. It's not fair.  I get it.  But life ain't about fairness.  

I had to make a decision. Do I want to match him bite for bite?  Or do I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror?  I don't deny myself the pizza, I have one slice.  I won't eat 30 Pop'ems, I'll have 2 and keep it moving.  Cate could have still had a quesadilla, but maybe just 1/4 of that serving and a salad on the side.  It's fun to eat junk, but it aint fun looking in the mirror when the after effects start to show.  Small changes will make a big impact.  She can drop the weight and then drop the asshole.  

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Well 20 of it came off before I left the hospital so that was all baby and other...things I guess so that's nothing to brag about.  Now I'm just counting my calories and trying to stay at 1500 a day.  I would normally do 1200 a day but I'm breastfeeding.  I give myself two cheat meals a week.  And I try to go on a walk for at least 30 minutes a day with the baby but it's hot as hell here right now so that doesn't always happen.  That's what I don't understand about Catelyn...when you have so much weight to lose, it starts to fall off quickly when you just make small changes.  I get that she's depressed...I certainly wasn't motivated to get healthy for the first 6 weeks after having the baby.  And I'm not saying she has to go all out with a diet and exercise program.  But if she wants to lose weight, which she says she does, she has to DO something about it.  Going on a walk for a half hour or an hour a day is not hard.  Especially when you don't work!!! That would be a start.

Small changes are where it's all at. When I was unhappy with some weight gain in the past, I would make only small changes to my diet. Instead of having two slices of pizza for dinner, I would just eat one. Instead of beef hot dogs, I would eat turkey. My family exchanged white bread for wheat bread (though I barely eat bread as it is). I would drink water before and during meals instead of juice. I cut out excess snacks and soda. I ate yogurt a lot since it helps you burn off calories. It was all small stuff, but it helped me lose some weight and made me feel better to boot. I'm also pretty physically active at my job, so that helped me a lot, too. Unfortunately, I've been slacking off this summer, but I plan on getting back into the swing of things soon. 

That's what Catelynn needs to do. Instead of making these huge, sudden changes to her diet, she needs to take baby steps. She also needs to start exercising, even if it's just walking around her neighborhood for thirty to forty minutes a day. It would really do her a world of good. However, if she tries changing her diet all at once, she'll probably get overwhelmed and give up out of frustration. Tyler pushing her to lose weight as quickly as possible isn't helping. It's a slow process, but it can work a lot better if she doesn't bite off more than she can chew (pun certainly not intended). 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Darknight said:

What are points for weight watchers?

They are the way that Weight Watchers tells you how much you can/should eat in a day. The points are calculated based on calories/fat/fiber in the food. 

• Love 3

I think what bugs me the most about Tyler giving Cate crap about her health is that he does not live a fit and healthy lifestyle himself.  He just isn't fat.  Yet.  He's not thin because he overcame his issues and took control of anything, he's thin because of his DNA.  His health habits aren't much different than hers.  If Tyler just sits, smokes and eats, he too can get fat.  Right now his metabolism is pretty close to, or already in, it's prime.  He could still gain weight.  And a lot of it.   

• Love 14
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I can't hate her, either. At least with Farrah you know what you're getting-a whole boatload of crazy. 

While I don't hate any of these women, I really dislike Farrah. The way she talks to people, her treatment of people sets me on fire. I'm sure something in her past messed her up, but I  can't stand to hear  people spoken to in such a belittling way.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, peskipiksi said:

Poor Catelynn.  I've suffered from depression for years and years, so I have so much sympathy for her.  My post-partum depression, especially, was bad.  Really bad.  Like, scary bad.  And I have a good solid background, a huge support system, etc...can't imagine going through it in the environment Cate has to live in. 

One of the biggest problems with depression, I think, is that it can really be a circular thing that is incredibly hard to escape.  Am I overweight because I'm depressed, or am I depressed because I'm overweight?  Do I have no friends because I'm depressed, or am I depressed because I have no friends?  Is my self-esteem in the shitter because I've done nothing with my life because I'm depressed, or am I depressed because I've done nothing with my life?  I think the problem is that the answers to both sides of these questions is "yes"...and it makes fixing it so hard.  Example, losing weight: okay, common sense says that to lose weight you (basically) eat healthy, get exercise.  Seems simple enough.  But when you're clinically depressed that is SO HARD.  It takes work and energy to plan meals.  Go grocery shopping.  Hell, to tie up the laces on your sneakers can take a massive effort sometimes.  It's so, so much easier to throw on that old hoodie and a pair of flip-flops and drive to the Taco Bell on the corner where you don't even have to get out of the car.  And so you grow fatter, your self-esteem sinks further, the depression gets worse.  It's an endless cycle.

For me, therapy didn't work, drugs didn't work.  What finally worked for me was some tough-love I imposed on myself.   Changing my inner-dialogue.  Baby steps.  (Like, teeny baby steps.)  "Sitting here on the couch crying is never going to make anything better.  How many years are you going to waste doing this?  Get up, go wash five dishes.  Not the whole sink...just five.  Stop being so lazy!"  Gradually those five dishes turned to ten, turned to the whole kitchen got cleaned.  The more you do, the more you CAN do.  I get a little better each day, do a little more each day.  I still struggle, but I've learned how to retrain my thoughts, and am able catch myself before I get too low.Please note, though, Tyler, that if anyone else..anyone, had spoken those words to me, it would have devastated me and sunk me even further into depression.  Catelynn has to help herself. She can get help from therapy, etc., yes...but until she makes a conscious decision to do whatever she needs to do to get healthy (and has an appropriate idea of what that looks like), and to stop taking the path of least resistance, nothing is going to change.  All she needs from friends and family right now is "I love you no matter what.  I think you're awesome.  Is there anything I do to help?"

Peskipiski, I relate to this post so much as someone with clinical depression. You're right about it being an endless cycle and you're also right that if anyone had said to me what Tyler said to Cate that I would have also sunk into a deeper depression. That's part of why I have so much sympathy for Cate. Also, I think she's one of the few girls in this franchise that is truly a good, caring person. I think if she's able to conquer this depression - make it where the depression isn't so "loud" as I say (hope that makes sense) -  then she could be a really good mother. 

Mamadrama, I am also sending you virtual hugs. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 11

Three questions:

1) Why did Farrah have to go to LA to do her podcast? Can't she do that at home by calling in to LA or through her computer at home? Or even bringing some equipment into her house seems like it would make more sense than moving/regularly traveling to LA for a podcast that I can't imagine that many people would listen to anyways. 

2) When did Farrah become the least insufferable of the Teen Moms besides Cate? Ok, the ring thing was an exception, but I found that story line way less annoying than Maci's "surprise" pregnancy.  

3) How many dogs do Amber and Matt have? Look, I am a huge animal person and I usually don't judge people who have several dogs/pets (as long as they take care of them, which Amber and Matt surely do not). I have three chihuahuas and at times have almost thought about rescuing a fourth, but knew that would be too much (for me).  Are they keeping all those dogs? Holy cow! A stampede of little dogs everywhere! How do they keep them from running out of the front door and running off when people come in/out. They look like chihuahua mixes, too. Chihuahuas are notoriously hard to potty train. I don't even want to think about what the house smells or looks like. Since there are so many, I imagine everything in that house is also always covered in dog hair, as are Amber, Matt, and the film crew.  My chihuahuas bark at everything but also love almost everyone who comes in and want their attention. I can't imagine the constant barking plus having to round up a stampede of small dogs who want to cuddle on, inspect, or walk on (my chihuahuas have no concept of personal space and will walk on guests' laps to get where they want to be on the couch) when people come over (not that Amber and Matt care). That was too many dogs even for me. Can someone start a go-fund me to spay and neuter those dogs? Because if they don't do that, in a couple of seasons Amber and her couch will literally be drowning in a sea of small dogs. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Maybe it's the name of one of the many women he impregnated and then dumped. 

18 hours ago, CofCinci said:

No Lisa on the list....

Maybe he just THOUGHT that was her name. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

I think what bugs me the most about Tyler giving Cate crap about her health is that he does not live a fit and healthy lifestyle himself.  He just isn't fat.  Yet.  He's not thin because he overcame his issues and took control of anything, he's thin because of his DNA.  His health habits aren't much different than hers.  If Tyler just sits, smokes and eats, he too can get fat.  Right now his metabolism is pretty close to, or already in, it's prime.  He could still gain weight.  And a lot of it.  

Exactly! And maybe he never will get fat. But that doesn't mean he's healthy. Thin/normal people can have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart problems, etc. They should BOTH be setting a good example for Nova. 

• Love 11

Finally caught up on the first two episodes so now I have the burning need to talk about Tyler. They all suck but fucking Tyler.....

OK first, after all of his bitching about Catelynn getting her depression under control he follows it up with what was basically a demand that she be off her meds within a year?  Guess what jackass,  it's very possible that getting (and staying) healthy may require her to be on some sort of meds long term. So it really has nothing to do with Catelynn or her health, it's about Tyler wanting his wife to be perfect.

And Kim? You have no room to sit there and publicly talk shit about your daughter in law and her lack of drive. You raised Tyler!  He's quite possibly less motivated than Catelynn and he's a disrespectful little troll to boot.  Sadly since no one is willing to call him out on shit like calling his wife a heffer he will continue until he has raised a daughter whose self esteem is almost as low as her mother's. Yay. 

What I found saddest was when asked if she was physically abused she said no, it was verbal. Then 30 seconds layer she's telling a story about being pinned down on the bathroom floor and neither Dr Drew nor Tyler pointed out that that is physical abuse. More than anything I hope this treatment center she went to banned cameras because this girl needs real, private, non televised therapy like no one's business. She will never deal with the tremendous mountain of shit she has if she can't be honest about Tyler and April and she will never do it if she thinks they might someday see it.

• Love 15

Tyler is not mentally healthy. I think he may need meds for that undiagnosed ADHD he has going on there. As for his famewhorism, I so wish MTV would pull the plug on this show just because I want to know that bastard won't have that income anymore. When Tyler burns me up more than Farrah, something is seriously wrong. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Peskipiski, I relate to this post so much as someone with clinical depression. You're right about it being an endless cycle and you're also right that if anyone had said to me what Tyler said to Cate that I would have also sunk into a deeper depression. That's part of why I have so much sympathy for Cate. Also, I think she's one of the few girls in this franchise that is truly a good, caring person. I think if she's able to conquer this depression - make it where the depression isn't so "loud" as I say (hope that makes sense) -  then she could be a really good mother. 

Mamadrama, I am also sending you virtual hugs. 

I, too, related to this post so much. My battle with postpartum depression after having my third baby last year was so frightening my family feared for my safety.

I took control over my depression and weight gain from the pregnancy and channeled my energy into creating a website devoted to helping new moms cope with weight gain from pregnancy (or from other reasons- men can be included) and I lost all the baby weight and help other mothers, too! Not only did I dig myself out of the abyss of low-self worth but I'm overjoyed that I've helped others. I even wrote an Ebook about that, and a husband left me a review on Amazon thanking me for sharing my (embarrassing) story for his wife to relate.

Now I'm doing YouTube videos on the diet I'm on that helped me lose a TON of weight fast and healthfully - while having FUN!! I'm meeting awesome new moms and swapping horror stories about weightloss and I KNOW CATE would benefit from this type of outlet.

I honestly don't know where I would be right now if I didn't get up that dec morning of 2015 and motivate myself to start that website and find a healthy diet regimen that took me from the gutter (showering every three days wearing the same ugly pair of maternity pants well past pregnancy).

Please Catelynn, none of us are judging you, we're more or less relating with you and are saying what we wished others have said to "us" when we were dealing with the same.

Ditch Tyler, or at least ask him to do some soul searching to find some faults in his own because, girly, you're not fully to blame for your depression. Your family "support" system enabled and ignited this depression in you and are now sitting high on pedestals feeling superior to you.

Chin up. Hugs. 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 7

Just caught up on this (didn't even realize it had started yet!). These first two episodes did not disappoint on the snark factors! Here's a few of my thoughts throughout the episodes:

Catelynn-I really feel for her. I've dealt with anxiety & depression for as long as I can remember & it sucks. I was raised in a pretty normal home though. I can't imagine how much all the crap she had to see & deal with growing up has affected her. And to have to deal with Tyler as a partner...I would honestly be suprised if she wasn't depressed. She was definitely smoking weed in the car scene. I was an everyday 420 smoker in my younger years and I could tell by that cough and the way the smoke/vapor looked. The fact that she did that on camera (sorry Cate, the post it didn't hide anything & totally something a stoner would do) and while driving shows how often she's getting high. Also, I'm a WW member and that quesadilla was like 30 points ( most people get 30 points to eat daily). I agree with an above poster, she needs to do something like Nutrisystem. Oh & you can't blame being overweight on "just having a baby" when you are over a year postpartum. Especially when all you eat is crap & your in bed 95% of the time. $75k for a house is crazy to me! That place was a dump, but still. 

Amber- She knows Matt is a loser. She can't admit that everyone was right about him & she fell for his bullshit! He is one of the most repulsive people I have ever seen. He has absolutely no redeeming qualities about him. I can't believe she was/is that desperate to be with him. Gary was awesome with his snarky comments! Kristina (sp?) always has the same wide eyed look, it's bizarre. The tattoo artist was not buying Matt's bs & I loved it. Her hair was amazingly bad though (sorry to anyone who likes super long mohawks with weird long pieces on the side). 

Maci- Bitch, you are not fooling anyone with your pregnancy "suprise". It was so annoying to watch. The ring had way too many bands on it. It looked more like costume jewelry. I can't believe their pleather pocket t-shirt business is still a thing. Is there really a demand for that? Bentley was making me tear up with how he reacted to the engagement. He is such a cutie. Ryan has to be on drugs, right? I can't think of any other explanation to explain everything about him.

Farrah- She must have given Larry an ultimatum for him to be so nice to her. She probably threatened to not come back on the show unless they gave her a good edit and didn't speak bad about her. She does look better with the work on her face settling down. Her "friend" with the huge fake boobs & braces was...interesting. Debra is insane and it's really entertaining! I loved her reaction to meeting Michael's gf *big wine gulp* and the shots of them looking each other up and down. Her makeup and fillers look crazy. Simon is a sleazy opportunist, but I did like how he handled the talk with Deb. He is so not into Farrah though. Doesn't she know that staying with guys who are only using you is for ugly girls? She suprised me with how she talked to Amber. I think she's trying to reinvent herself as less of a crazy bitch. It's a good business move.

I'm excited for a new season of this train wreck! 

• Love 9

Dr. Drew and Jezebel! That may be an intertwining of wrongheaded stupidity I can't read until after I've had my coffee.

So Tyler is as gay as the day is long, right? He dreams of open concept houses and is married to a whale who makes Debbie Downer look like Redfoo. He's so beta, any woman (or man) who wasn't a total sadsack would run him like a roller coaster. I guess he comes off as smart to his guttertrash family that has the collective education to maybe read Charlottes Web? What lowlifes.

And the relentlessly cloying crew! What have you been up to? Not a goddamn thing. Rotting until you come back and pay us some more to rot on camera. I would literally end my life. I would rather clean toilets by tongue than have to feign interest in the thoughts and feelings of garbage like Butch and Tyler, while standing in their open concept sham marriage life of perpetual misery/drug abuse/whatever. Kill me.

Farrah's sad podcast: Talk about the bowels of the entertainment industry! She's reading a sheet of paper, interviewing her cameramen, and needs to look like a whore for an audio broadcast. Now this is a smart professional! Please. Her stories of pay checks and investments are about as real as Maci's tales of surprise pregnancies.

Amber obvs. needs to ditch Matt but these dizzy broads are so concerned with image (ha!) that they continue with this nonsense.

I still feel bad for Gary's wife whenever she shows up. Talk about having given up on life.

I don't think any of these girls would be living these awful lives with gay husbands, con artist house flippers, and clown-boobed hookers without the cameras. I get they make more money here than their bloodlines have seen in generations, but they also fail to realize they're all miserable and trapped by nothing! 

I honestly don't think at this point there's much that could raise or lower my esteem for any of them in any significant way. I fully expect all of them to achieve nothing and have more kids and present them as their achievements and never anything more. Do even they expect to achieve anything more?

• Love 10
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:18 PM, EDTV said:

Farrah is a very savvy business person, she might lose a bit of money on the house, but no one bats 1000 in investments. She's done very well in other areas, enough to be worth over $1m. 

According to... whom?  I absolutely don't buy that. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:07 PM, imjagain said:

All this talk of quesadillas made me hungry for one. I made a mushroom quesadilla last night,  no idea what the points were. 

DYING for a quesadilla over here. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

She tried to sell her car, and got scammed.  Someone sent her a check that was above the asking price, and requested that she wire the difference to a person via Western Union.  She did, only to find out the check she received was no good.  I'm really surprised nobody on the crew told her that she was being scammed.

Because they hate her?  I love that no one on the crew said anything, and let her get scammed.  They really aren't supposed to intervene unless someone is in danger, physically, I believe.  BUT, of course they could have said something.  They were probably trying to contain their laughter!

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:
6 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

According to... whom?  I absolutely don't buy that. 

DYING for a quesadilla over here. 

Because they hate her?  I love that no one on the crew said anything, and let her get scammed.  They really aren't supposed to intervene unless someone is in danger, physically, I believe.  BUT, of course they could have said something.  They were probably trying to contain their laughter!

Remember the camera zoomed in on the "be aware of scams" alert at the top of the screen.   lol. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, rachel1496 said:

OK first, after all of his bitching about Catelynn getting her depression under control he follows it up with what was basically a demand that she be off her meds within a year?  Guess what jackass,  it's very possible that getting (and staying) healthy may require her to be on some sort of meds long term. So it really has nothing to do with Catelynn or her health, it's about Tyler wanting his wife to be perfect.

A-freaking-men! He needs to remove the plank from his OWN eye first. Hmmmm, let's see, what can Tyler get under control? His temper. His social media obsession. His condescending fucking attitude. His douchebro Bieber-wannabe hair and jeans with bedazzled pockets. And that's just to start. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

jeans with bedazzled pockets

HAHAHAHAHA!  They are the worst!  And they are not even in style!  Not that they ever were.  Of course he wears them.

Almost as bad as Caitlyn's style - how about that terrible hat that she wears for the professional engagement photos, or whatever that photo-shoot was.  That hat is just...some attempt to look classy, I assume.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

HAHAHAHAHA!  They are the worst!  And they are not even in style!  Not that they ever were.  Of course he wears them.

Almost as bad as Caitlyn's style - how about that terrible hat that she wears for the professional engagement photos, or whatever that photo-shoot was.  That hat is just...some attempt to look classy, I assume.

Ah yes.  The Aunt Agnes hat.

• Love 4

Cate: put your baby in a stroller and go for a walk. Every day. It's good for you and it's good for the baby. Put some fresh air in your lungs and not that smoke. It will do you a world of good.

Farrah: she wants a wedding. Not a marriage. Typical.

Maci: I just cant. Ugly ring. Ugly fiancee.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

I am surprised that they are not out and about more given that they own several dogs. My one dog has me out and about, logging several miles long walks per day.

I'm sure they shit all over the house ala Casa Amber.

The dogs. Not Cate and Tyler 

• Love 4

I have watched TM from the very first ep of 16&P, but I skipped last season due to being so bored with these folks.

I've started up again this season, and what really jumps out at me is the lack of any sort of romance between Tyler and Cate. Its very hard to picture them actually making another baby (sorry for the visual there!!!).  It just is.

I find myself wondering if one reason for Tyler's crappy behavior toward Cate is because he is just not attracted to her and doesn't want to be with her. But he is addicted to the money and "fame" he gets from being on this show.

Sad any way you look at it though.

There is this idea that I think is popular that people who have crappy childhoods grow up and get over them. And many do. But many do not. These are the folks with complex multi-generational dysfunction.  I think we are watching this in action with Farrah, Amber, and Cate.  Maci has her faults, but I think the problems are less severe than in the other three cases.

• Love 7

I find myself wondering if one reason for Tyler's crappy behavior toward Cate is because he is just not attracted to her and doesn't want to be with her. But he is addicted to the money and "fame" he gets from being on this show.

Nail/Head!!

• Love 4

I find myself wondering if one reason for Tyler's crappy behavior toward Cate is because he is just not attracted to her and doesn't want to be with her.

Well, she is female.

New Orleans anyone?

• Love 9
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Man, who could forget Catelynn's helmet-hair, the giant flowers she wore on the side of her head, the rainbow shirt and matching eyeshadow, and maternity tops even when she wasn't pregnant? Cate had pretty questionable style back in the day, but at least she put herself together and worked on her appearance. Now she's always wearing that zebra hoodie, her hair is always hanging in that greasy, limp ponytail, and her face is covered with open oozing sores. It's sad that she's fallen down so hard. Not that a woman's physical appearance is or should be the most important aspect about her, but she used to try back in the day. 

I totally agree that Tyler isn't attracted to her and hasn't been for a long time even before her depression set in. If "Teen Mom" hadn't happened, he would've broken up with her months after Carly's adoption. I also personally think that Tyler wouldn't have kept up that much contact with B&T if not for the show, or at least wouldn't press for it so hard like he's doing now. 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

the rainbow shirt and matching eyeshadow

Yes I was thinking about that terrible combo today!  She wore that awful rainbow shirt over and over (doctor's appointments, bbqs, chillin with Kim).  Who taught her that her eyeshadow needs to EXACTLY match her top?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

Well, she is female.

New Orleans anyone?

Thank you!!

And that was how I knew Catelynn will never leave Tyler. He was going to another state to live with some guy while he studied to become an actor? I see. If my man told me that, we'll I would tell him to stay right there in that state with that man. Be well my love. I will fly the pride flag in your honor, and fight hard for your rights. 

There was no logical explanation for Tyler to live with some random man other than...fact gathering? Why didn't he get his own apartment? That always baffled me. But it really didn't. 

No, I don't think Tyler has any sexual interest in Cate. I think Carly was the truest "first time and oops" baby and got stuck with Cate. 

I don't want to go down this rabbit hole again so I'll stop.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 4

I heard that the so-called acting teacher was some sleazy dude who thought Tyler was a twink and was scouting him out for some questionable films. I'm not sure how true that is. The whole New Orleans saga is a pretty bizarre footnote in C&T's history, though. 

Anyway, I never really thought that Tyler is gay. I think he's just naturally effeminate. He was also raised in a house dominated by women with a father in and out of prison and possibly no real male role models for him to look up to. I'm not trying to stereotype people or say that all men raised by single moms are going to turn out like, well, Tyler. But I still remember how excited he got when he took Kim to the salon to get a new haircut. I mean, he was absolutely falling over himself over that stupid haircut. Meanwhile, he would push Cate away whenever she tried to get physical and barely react to her presence except with sheer annoyance and boredom. That's why I was sort of surprised when he got upset over Nova being a girl. You'd think raising a daughter would right up his alley, but he still insisted on having a boy because apparently he can be a better father than Butch if he has a son? #TylerLogic 

• Love 3

I can't snark on wanting an open concept with babies or toddlers. I bought my place because the kitchen and living room (ie. play room, sigh...) are essentially one big room. I can still supervise the living room while I'm in the kitchen cooking. Not that Cate or Tyler cook, but you know... they have the option to if they ever chose to do so. As for the 2 acres, do they even know the amount of upkeep and yard work that they're in for? How about spending Nova's afternoon nap doing yard work. Poor Catelynn might actually enjoy that? They'll need to power rake those 2 acres every spring. Maybe opt for a regular mower instead of a ride-on mower. Will they have animals? Will the animals need a shelter built and manure cleaned?
      Sidenote: I pray it was a fluke when I saw Catelynn pulling at her eyelashes. Nail biting can be controlled with special nail polish. Hair pulling is nearly impossible to quit without extreme mindfulness.

Why is Farrah being nice? This is unusual and I'm not sure how to make sense of it. Is it a business move? Does she fake nice because she wants her yogurt shop to have a good reputation? Is she genuinely nice sometimes? Gosh, this is a mystery. Even shutting down Debra's desire to 'have a talk' with Simon, demanding a fun birthday party for Sophia. Go away with your grandma drama, Deb.

Maci's whole segment was bullshit.  Even last season she made a remark to Taylor "don't say something like that in front of the cameras" or something similar. I liked her in Season 1 and 2. She dropped classes like crazy, but she was a really doting mother to Bentley. She seems indifferent about Jade and has said nothing about Maverick. She's straight up phony.

Amber, oh Amber. Leave Matt and breathe a sigh of relief.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

That's why I was sort of surprised when he got upset over Nova being a girl. You'd think raising a daughter would right up his alley, but he still insisted on having a boy because apparently he can be a better father than Butch if he has a son? #TylerLogic 

That was what Tyler said, but I still think he was nervous they were replacing Carly.  

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, TaxNerd said:

That was what Tyler said, but I still think he was nervous they were replacing Carly.  

Nah, I don't think Nova being a girl had anything to do with Carly. If that were the case, Tyler would have been all over it so he could get another chance to look like a selfless birth father who's still mindful of the child he placed. He was straight-up pissed Nova was a girl. 

• Love 3