Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

IMO the Duggars have done this at least twice before - with Joy and Justin. Denied any kind of relationships between an underage child and a future partner, while in reality those children ARE essentially dating/courting/whatever. The Duggars allow it, but hide it from the public.

Yes, that’s why I put date in quotes. It’s not a lie to say they aren’t dating because they aren’t allowed to date. There is only being friends (getting to know each other), courting, engagement and marriage.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

IMO the Duggars have done this at least twice before - with Joy and Justin. Denied any kind of relationships between an underage child and a future partner, while in reality those children ARE essentially dating/courting/whatever. The Duggars allow it, but hide it from the public.

In this case, however, Carver Bowers is on record denying a relationship. Says he's interested in someone else (probably Elizabeth Bontrager who is more age-appropriate).

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

I wonder if that interview violates her NDA.  I'm guessing not because she was talking about her experiences and did not cite any specific incidents that took place with her cousins/aunt/uncle.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

On Reddit  someone posted that Johanna used her phone during her learner’s permit test, was marked a cheater, and have to wait to retake her test. 

In AR, you can get a learner's permit at 14. Why is she waiting until she's almost 16 to take the test? 

(I give that story a bit of side eye based on what we know of the Duggars.)

(edited)

Maybe she's fallen through the cracks with the family. I didn't get my own first DL until I was 18 actually. 

Not that I necessarily think the reddit rumor is true, but I don't think the age is necessarily a dealbreaker on veracity. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Sure, but when every other Duggar got their permit at 14, a pattern has certainly been established. 😃

Yeah that's fair enough. I get the vibe they're increasingly checked out, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if they've gone past the point of giving a crap. 

• Love 4
Just now, Zella said:

Yeah that's fair enough. I get the vibe they're increasingly checked out, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if they've gone past the point of giving a crap. 

Oh, I agree they're checked out. But I also bet those kids count down the days until they can take their written drivers test. It gets them out of that dismal house. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

In AR, you can get a learner's permit at 14. Why is she waiting until she's almost 16 to take the test? 

(I give that story a bit of side eye based on what we know of the Duggars.)

Given their lack of education, it might not have been the first attempt!

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
On 5/26/2021 at 8:44 AM, Albanyguy said:

Right, like any Duggar daughter is allowed to be "friends" with someone of the opposite sex.

Actually that's how Joy and Austin describe their relationship when she was that age.

• Useful 3

Responding to the quote below from @rue721 in the Claire/Justin thread. 

I think the Howlers essentially raised each other, and their parents never bothered with them before, so why bother with them now? I think they're given an allowance and basically left to do whatever they want.

Some of it is gender, I think, because the Lost Girls seem just as suffocated and insulated as ever. But some of it might be their parents just not caring all that much, because the older boys seemed to have been given a lot more pressure and attention.

To be honest, in this family, it seems like the less attention a kid gets, especially a male kid, the better. Maybe the parents only notice a kid when he's "making trouble" or they're trying to force him into a very specific mold. 

I will say that they seem like relatively nice kids (I mean "relative" considering how they've been taught to dehumanize so many other people). A lot of tight groups of guys that age give off a predatory wolf pack vibe, and I don't really see that with them. Of course, maybe it's just not pinging my radar, what do I know.

I agree with you that the twins through Justin have been given WAY more freedom than any of the other kids. I think this is because they are smack dab in the middle of the “middle group” of kids that were raised by sister moms- Joe- Justin are the “middle group”. 

Even in “typical” families, the baby children are often given way more freedom than the older kids, the parents figure they have already raised the other ones successfully, they are older and more mellow, and truthfully maybe more tired. The older girls had SO MANY domestic and caregiving duties given the size of the family, Josh was Josh, JD/Joe kind of picked up the “older male role model” flag. Jackson is still pretty young, and the lost girls are all minors. 

Jana probably still “head of the house” and doesn’t give a woot and a holler what the older boys do, which probably helps their freedom. 

No I don’t think the boys give off a predatory vibe at all. They seem like brothers who just want to hang out- having fun in their late teens early 20s. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

JB's probably glad they have some place legitimate to go, especially right now. He has Ben, Jackson, and Tyler if he needs some manly work. I doubt he enjoys looking at those boys and thinking about how f'd up Josh was at that age. And the boys get to hang out at a family with similar beliefs, fewer rules, and better food. It will be interesting to see if any of them find a wife among Claire's friends and end up living in Texas.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

JB's probably glad they have some place legitimate to go, especially right now. He has Ben, Jackson, and Tyler if he needs some manly work. I doubt he enjoys looking at those boys and thinking about how f'd up Josh was at that age. And the boys get to hang out at a family with similar beliefs, fewer rules, and better food. It will be interesting to see if any of them find a wife among Claire's friends and end up living in Texas.

I agree. Don’t forget Joe and Josiah. 

Im looking up the Howler Boys ages:

The twins are 22, Jason is 21, James is 19. Not like these boys have anything else to do socially- they aren’t in school or developing careers outside of working for JB. Even if they were, most healthy 19-22yrs old people have TONS of free time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

IzfRHavMyYPFk2MUYoUhXFlK93TsWj0DFFcLQSPc

This is when Josie sat in front of the church audience and kept licking the back of the sign she’s holding.  That’s when I knew for sure that the child has problems.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Hasn't Amy talked about her husband throwing her cat during one of their arguments? Maybe she should STFU and take her own damn advice. 

I just can't with Amy. She's as thirsty as Hilaria and Jeremy but less fun to ridicule about it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hasn't Amy talked about her husband throwing her cat during one of their arguments? Maybe she should STFU and take her own damn advice. 

I just can't with Amy. She's as thirsty as Hilaria and Jeremy but less fun to ridicule about it. 

She’s the human version of vague booking. 

• Love 9

Amy is the worst. Deanna and Grandma Mary pulled all the strings to (unsuccessfully) 'help' Amy become famous, independent of the Duggar fame, yet the Duggar name is the only thing that keeps her relevant and she knows it.

A while back, when Amy was exclaiming she's not a Duggar!, someone called her out on why her SM was Amy Duggar after she was married - she only then changed it.

Someone recently called out Carlin Bates for the same reason and she claimed she didn't know how to change her name on IG and when she tried it was too complicated. All her sisters have their married names and her BFF just recently changed her IG handle, they could help her. Carlin is no doubt afraid that without her Bates name she'll be less popular. The same is true for Amy.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Just a little throwback.  Famy is the one who has changed the least

8cq4mhw6zg461.jpg

Famy looks positively middle aged here! Joy looks cute. And I’m sure jinger would prefer to forget the crunchy hair self tanner phase. 

• Love 6

Amy says on a current Instagram story that she and Dillon are listing their house for sale soon. I wonder where they’re going to live next?
Where does Deanna live? I wouldn’t be surprised if they all end up living together. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Amy says on a current Instagram story that she and Dillon are listing their house for sale soon. I wonder where they’re going to live next?
Where does Deanna live? I wouldn’t be surprised if they all end up living together. 

They've been talking about listing their house for a while. No clue where they intend to go, but I think Deanna already lives with them.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Maybe they're like the Jeffersons and moving on up . . . to north of MLK Blvd and east of I49, so they're out of the slummier side of Fayetteville. 

Also her property is bookended by Joy's place and some of Jim Bob's property. That's maybe gotten awkward since it seems like her relationship with Jim Bob is pretty poor. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
On 6/5/2021 at 11:33 AM, awaken said:

Famy looks positively middle aged here! Joy looks cute. And I’m sure jinger would prefer to forget the crunchy hair self tanner phase. 

Omg, those faux pigtails!  I can’t bear it! 🙈

• LOL 8
On 5/30/2021 at 3:52 AM, Temperance said:

Actually that's how Joy and Austin describe their relationship when she was that age.

Austin IMO still bears traces of his prior teen rebellion, and one of them might very well be, not being labeled as "weird" for hotly toeing the party line that there's no such thing as fundie friendships of the opposite sex.

On 6/7/2021 at 4:12 PM, OpieTaylor said:

Amy’s house is currently on the market, it’s in Fayetteville. If the voter record is correct, Deanna’s house is in Springdale.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2021 at 4:52 AM, ginger90 said:

Amy’s house is currently on the market, it’s in Fayetteville. If the voter record is correct, Deanna’s house is in Springdale.

I looked and it is not listed for sale yet.