Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Well Amy is probably computer impaired. I mean she's a Dugger-ish.

Amy's ego is right up there with JB, Josh and Jessa. I wouldn't be surprised if the post was real and I wouldn't be surprised if Amy created it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Amy's ego is right up there with JB, Josh and Jessa. I wouldn't be surprised if the post was real and I wouldn't be surprised if Amy created it.

True, I meant that if she were bright she would have figured out a way to make it look real. But...Duggar.

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Amy’s response today, to someone who said they were still confused about her sending it to herself:

B9F13396-5529-450B-8A72-E2BD9A1B0271.jpeg

Proof that she knows she has "fans" following her who will have her back. She claimed it was all haters. Just more proof that she's in this for the attention.

• Love 4

But she got a People story which I am sure was the goal.

Speaking of Amy, I wonder if Grandma Mary’s will was disproportionately generous to Amy and Deana, and a ticked off Jim Bob then resorted to the NDAs?

Grandma Mary was no slouch when it came to finances.  Given that Jim Bob has lots of money and Deana and Amy probably do not maybe she wanted to help them out. They were very close and I believe she spent a lot of time with Deana and Amy when the cameras weren’t rolling. Possibly she added a codicil to her will without Jim Bob’s knowledge and he had a nasty surprise?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

But she got a People story which I am sure was the goal.

Speaking of Amy, I wonder if Grandma Mary’s will was disproportionately generous to Amy and Deana, and a ticked off Jim Bob then resorted to the NDAs?

Grandma Mary was no slouch when it came to finances.  Given that Jim Bob has lots of money and Deana and Amy probably do not maybe she wanted to help them out. They were very close and I believe she spent a lot of time with Deana and Amy when the cameras weren’t rolling. Possibly she added a codicil to her will without Jim Bob’s knowledge and he had a nasty surprise?

I don't get it. Why would Amy and Deanna agree to sign then? 

On 10/18/2020 at 3:12 PM, Zella said:

I at first thought it might be a troll, but the really gross way said person kept going on and on about her body makes me think it's a creepy-ass incel. 

My oldest daughter had commented several years back about just how many she ran across as a college student.  I thought it was very odd and assumed there couldn't be that many out there.   I've now run across several myself because of my job.  What makes my blood run cold is they are all so militantly proud and don't hesitate in the slightest to be absolutely blatant about it.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't get it. Why would Amy and Deanna agree to sign then? 

I don't know.  It was just a thought I had.  Who knows what is really going on? Maybe they got the money and have no intention of wasting it on attorneys and lawsuits.  Easier to just sign. I'm sure stuff will come out some day.

Edited by 3 is enough
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I don't know.  It was just a thought I had.  Who knows what is really going on? Maybe they got the money and have no intention of wasting it on attorneys and lawsuits.  Easier to just sign. I'm sure stuff will come out some day.

Probably Jim Bob was the executor. 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I the guess teen Fundies have their own fashion trend happening here. Jennie and Jordyn aren't having it though. No Josie. And Claire is what, 3 or 4 years older than these girls?

She probably drove them to the nail shop and one of them looks like it could be her sister. And Cousin Emily too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, crazy8s said:

so Jennifer does have a different dress was my first thought...

Yeah, a different dress with a flower-print chiffon-y part that's especially chic-looking with a couple inches of white legging just visible through it. That's an even better look than the white and sweatshirt-grey ones hanging out from under the skirts of Hannie and whoever the girl is next to her on the end.

It's WTF fashion. Passersby must wonder how those three girls all got injuries that require knee bandages. Probably figure they're a middle-school girls' basketball team.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

That is a different dress. Usually Jennifer wears a pink and white dress with tiered sections. 

On 10/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

This picture is from a year ago. 

And there's Claire (Justin's girl) in the middle. She's the only in sneakers. 

51 minutes ago, Temperance said:

That is a different dress. Usually Jennifer wears a pink and white dress with tiered sections. 

And there's Claire (Justin's girl) in the middle. She's the only in sneakers. 

Yup. That picture illustrates how long Claire has been in the Duggar orbit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Of the many, many things the Duggars do wrong, it seems that they at least try and have the younger adults "date (with a purpose)" longer than the older ones. Ben, Joy and now Justin all dated/courted for at least a year. The exception is Kendra, who was barely 19, seemed to have the typical, 3 month courtship, 3 month engagement.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Of the many, many things the Duggars do wrong, it seems that they at least try and have the younger adults "date (with a purpose)" longer than the older ones. Ben, Joy and now Justin all dated/courted for at least a year. The exception is Kendra, who was barely 19, seemed to have the typical, 3 month courtship, 3 month engagement.

Not sure how long Joy courted Austin. Ben and Justin, however, fall into a similar camp where the male is in his teens, and so I think that influenced courtship length - the male has to build up capital so to speak so that he can provide for his wife. 

With Kendra (and Lauren, who was also a teen), their future spouses were in their 20s, so they probably had some of that built up by the time they married. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Not sure how long Joy courted Austin. Ben and Justin, however, fall into a similar camp where the male is in his teens, and so I think that influenced courtship length - the male has to build up capital so to speak so that he can provide for his wife. 

With Kendra (and Lauren, who was also a teen), their future spouses were in their 20s, so they probably had some of that built up by the time they married. 

Very true about the men. And Joy is an actual daughter, rather than a DIL. I believe Joy and Austin were dating/courting for quite sometime before we ever found out about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Kendra was 18 when she was courting and became engaged to Joe. She turned 19 the month before they married. 

Lauren Swanson Duggar was the same. She was 18 while they were dating and became engaged. She turned 19 six weeks before she married.

Ben and Jessa did date longer. 

Joy started dating Austin when she was 17. They went public around her 19th birthday. She got married around 19 and a half. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Apparently there are divorce rumors? Or, someone suggested it in a social media comment and In Touch said, "Fuck it--it's a slow fundie news week--I want an article by 5!" LOL

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/joy-anna-duggar-responds-to-austin-forsyth-divorce-rumors/

I give no credence to divorce rumors.  However, I also give no credence to Joy referring to her social media pages as proof she and Austin are living the dream.  I know plenty of people who have beautiful lives on social media, but in real life, they are heavily in debt, the kids are out of control, and they suspect the spouse is cheating.  

I read someplace that social media is the "highlight reel" of the poster's life.  I try to keep that in mind when I'm depressed about my current situation and my social media "friends" seem to be living picture perfect lives.

Edited by MonicaM
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I give no credence to divorce rumors.  However, I also give no credence to Joy referring to her social media pages as proof she and Austin are living the dream.  I know plenty of people who have beautiful lives on social media, but in real life, they are heavily in debt, the kids are out of control, and they suspect the spouse is cheating.  

I read someplace that social media is the "highlight reel" of the poster's life.  I try to keep that in mind when I'm depressed about my current situation and my social media "friends" seem to be living picture perfect lives.

For sure. As a general rule, the people I know who proclaim the loudest how wonderful their relationship and life are are usually the most miserable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Is this picture taken at TTH? Or the Smuggar warehouse? At least she is smiling. 

I don't know how she can smile while wearing a polyester double knit skirt, circa 1970. Her body temperature has to be over 105 in that thing. And it looks like it's on sideways.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Jeremy also call gymnastics, ballet? Or ballet an Olympic sport?

I'm pretty sure he called ballet an Olympic sport. IIRC even the leghumpers were correcting him. Really undercut the persona he tries to put on as a sophisticated man of the world. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I found a post where I was talking about it. I can't quote from it because a different thread, but I'll link it: 

I'd tell him not to quit his day job, but he doesn't actually have one. . . .

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

I think if I was 11 years old and lived in a house where I rarely had any positive reinforcement, I'd be kinda flattered to have my brother-in-law compliment my efforts at making something fancy to eat.  Even if it wasn't technically "baking", I doubt I'd snark at him.  Obviously, YMMV. 

• Love 23
13 hours ago, leighdear said:

I think if I was 11 years old and lived in a house where I rarely had any positive reinforcement, I'd be kinda flattered to have my brother-in-law compliment my efforts at making something fancy to eat.  Even if it wasn't technically "baking", I doubt I'd snark at him.  Obviously, YMMV. 

I'm sure Jordyn was very pleased that Jeremy was impressed with her. I'm fairly certain none of his nieces would "snark" at him. That's our job.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6