Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

to everyone offering suggestions of fruit or vegies to add to the Dixie plates of pita and hummus--none of you are questioning why the hell Jill needs to Instagram a Dixie plate of pita and  hummus, with or w/o fruit and vegies.  Who does she think wants to see this?  Stupid! 

Yeah, it’s just...lunch. And in the back if their messy car, no less. (I have a messy car, too, but don’t instagram it, or me having lunch in it!). 

14 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’m glad I stocked up the last time I was in Cozumel.  

Ooooooh, good idea!!  Gotta remember that next time!

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Congratulations Jeremy and Jinger on the birth of our little niece? How about congratulating them on the birth of THEIR first child, you dimwit?

Exactly!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Congratulations Jeremy and Jinger on the birth of our little niece? How about congratulating them on the birth of THEIR first child, you dimwit?

This is why I swear some of my fundie-lite friends are Duggars. One of my friends had a baby and her mother made the post all about how she had another grand-baby. The parents were briefly mentioned as care-givers. Nothing about this was their first child or how the other grandchildren were all siblings.  It was my grandchild and laced with Duggar-speak.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’m glad I stocked up the last time I was in Cozumel.  And for the record, imitation vanilla isn’t nasty, but Mexican vanilla is so much more delicious.  If you substituted the real for the imitation in a recipe you frequently make, you would probably notice the richer flavor.  You can’t use the same quantities of both though. Talk about overkill. 

My mom winters in the Palm Springs, CA area.  They always make the trek down into Mexico and bring back, among other things, plenty of big bottles of delicious Mexican vanilla, bought cheaply.  She gives me 2 big bottles a year.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It's bright and sunny in the Sam and red ball video, they're all in pjs and they have guests over. Derick hard at work again.

@GeeGolly beat me to it!.  Yup, Jill, Sammy and Izzy are all in their PJ's and they have guests over.  And those guests are dressed.  It's not like Jill ran next door to their friends and was like OMG! Sammy just took his first steps, come and see! at 7 am.  Nope, Jill is still on Duggar time and doesn't get it that the rest of the world doesn't operate like that.

The 3 cross church videos - the 2nd one - Jill, no one wants to see the kids in a darkened auditorium lining up on stage.  The 3rd one.  Jill please learn how to edit your videos.  Izzy picking his nose for the first 10 seconds is not going to endure anyone to him or you.  But it's the 1st of these 3 that makes me sad.  Izzy spends the first part of the video almost in awe at all these kids - like where did they come from?  And it's obvious that neither Jill nor Derelick spent time with Izzy at home every night or day going over the song and the sign language signs with him.  The poor kid.  Of course that was probably above Jill's level - sign language AND singing at the same time!

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I really feel sad for Israel in the Samuel’s first steps videos ? 

Ugh, Jill and Derick suck! The poor kid just wanted to participate and help Sam walk and they kept brushing him off and wouldn't let him get involved. Great parenting there, Dullards.

• Love 20
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No kidding, why can't he be the walking coach?  That would make for a special recorded memory!

Edited to add:  I was heartened to see all those vacation bible school-aged girls in shorts and not prairie skirts!

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I just don't think they're very good parents (Jill, certainly, had no role models). Then, every once in a while, you see something that might be sweet -- oh, look Sammy is taking his first steps and Derick seems genuinely happy and proud of him. Oh, no, wait, he's completely ignoring Izzy. Wait, did he just push his son?

The videos of Izzy in church make me sad, too. That song was way too fast for those kids to follow. If they had slowed it down, and given the kids fewer hand gestures, and had them practice for a few weeks, it might have been cute. Instead, it's just another occasion of Jilly happily filming her son who doesn't have the slightest idea what's going on, or what is expected of him.

• Love 24
47 minutes ago, McManda said:

They should have included Iz, maybe have him "demonstrate" to Sam how walking works. Let him play big brother, since, according to Jill, Iz looooves being a big brother. Or something. You don't tell him to get out of the way or push him away, especially because he wasn't doing anything harmful or wrong. 

Most of the time Derrick was just ignoring him; so sad.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, jcbrown said:

From the back, Jill looks like an unkempt Afghan Hound. No offense to Afghan Hounds. Cut that scraggly mane!

I really thought there was a dog in the house until the video started! 

• Love 6
(edited)

Derdick is the worst.  He's a horrible "Papa" and oblivious to Israel.  He will surely pit one child against the other.  Jill will always back up her leader headship.  I feel so sorry for Israel.  He seems like a sweet child.  I hope he feels loved when he's with Grandma Cathy.

Edited by BetyBee
incorrect use of Duggarspeak
  • Love 22

Izzy just wants to be included, loved and accepted for the 3 year old he is.

That bible school video was telling to me. He was picking his nose and had his fingers up to his mouth/nose. It showed me he's truly insecure. Poor sweet little guy. He has dicks for parents.

• Love 18

Easy Slow Cooked Pot Roast Recipe

Jul 21, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

Pot roasts are always a nice meal to come home to after church on Sunday or on a rainy day. When slow cooked, they make the whole house smell delicious! This recipe is super easy!

1 roast (3-5lb.)

2 (1lb.) bags baby carrots

3 lbs (about 9 small/medium) potatoes, whole or cut into large cubes

4 beef bouillon cubes

Place thawed roast in bottom of crock pot. Scrub the potatoes and rinse. Add to crock pot. Pour bags of carrots on top and toss in unwrapped bouillon cubes into pot. Slow cook on low for about 10-12 hours. Serve!

FDAD1321-50A6-40E8-A8B4-95CE65FAF072.jpeg

82D2E0B8-1E50-4811-BC18-F6C377EBDEE3.jpeg

• Love 2

Perhaps it’s just me, “roast” any old cut will do?........whole or cubed potatoes, it should be one or the other ( personally, I have never done whole). The carrots have to be mush after 10-12 hours, I would think. Of course the heavy dose of sodium is no surprise, and don’t forget to unwrap the bullion cubes ?

• Love 12

The pot roast recipe is just gross.  If you are using bullion cubes, you should add water to it.  Also, it shouldn’t take 10 to 12 hours to cook, more like 5 or 6.  And, before you put the pot roast in the crockpot, you should trim the excess fat off the roast.

I have to say, though, Jill’s recipes are a lot like my late mother-in-law’s - overcooked and weirdly seasoned.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

I feel it's weird to put russet potatoes in with the skin on.....and whole like that??  Maybe that's just me......

No, it's weird.  My mother's problem is usually that the carrots come out crunchy due to impatience with similar meal mixtures (soup/stews); but I'm sure her carrots would be mush and the potatoes would be rocks if she kept the potatoes whole (IIRC she slices them into coins). 

• Love 2

Jill...Jill...Jill you have ruin my favorite meal. I have used my toaster oven to cook a small roast. I put in a little water, couple of packages of gravy, baby carrots and onion cut up small and slow cook it the first hour and then turn up the heat after the first hour. It has turn out well, and the roast and the veggies taste great. My husband has used a crock pot and small to medium roasting pans to cook a roast. Yum Yum!!! I hate to think what the roast and the veggies taste like after ten to twelve hours of slow cooking.

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's kind of scary there's a populace in this country who has to be reminded to unwrap bouillon cubes before using them in a recipe.

You definitely need to put a small amount of liquid in the pot before starting.  That step was left out.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I think Derick doesn't like Izzy, that Derick sees Izzy as the reason his dream of being a missionary didn't come true.  As the reason his wifey changed completely, and maybe stopped treating Derick as the center of the universe.  And Jill is used to mothers just popping the babies out and moving on, so she doesn't interfere.  Poor kid.  Derick also seems to be overcompensating a bit with Sam, to show that he's not a terrible father, even though the overcompensation suggests just that.  A sad situation.

Ding, ding, ding! You have hit the nail on the head. This is what happens ladies and gentlemen when you jump into marriage too quickly and not use birth control. I feel so bad for Izzy and Sammy. Sassy would be a better parent for the both of them than Deredick and Jilly Girl.

55 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hate to think what the roast and the veggies taste like after ten to twelve hours of slow cooking.

I live in a suburb of the mile high city named  that way in more ways than one I have cooked roast in my crock pot for 12 hours and it comes out perfect Fall Apart melt-in-your-mouth. I used baby potatoes onions carrots all fresh. They keeps the shape of the veggie and not mushy. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I live in a suburb of the mile high city named  that way in more ways than one I have cooked roast in my crock pot for 12 hours and it comes out perfect Fall Apart melt-in-your-mouth. I used baby potatoes onions carrots all fresh. They keeps the shape of the veggie and not mushy. 

You know what you are doing. Jill not so much...

All this talk about how to cook a roast is making me hungry.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It's kind of scary there's a populace in this country who has to be reminded to unwrap bouillon cubes before using them in a recipe.

Those are the same people who have to be told to unwrap and insert a suppository. 

• Love 11

Such a simple recipe, does it even really need a recipe?  And didn't Jessa rather recently post the exact same thing, only using packets of processed dry gravy instead of the cubes of fake broth?

My experience in Crock-Pot cooking, and I do a lot of it, is the slow cooking process makes it's own liquid and I don't need to add any.

• Love 3

Why would one use bouillon cubes for slow cooking? Is it against the Duggar religion to use spices and herbs? Garlic? Onion? Even my grandmother, who was very no-frills when it came to cooking, would've put in some pepper corns, allspice and bay leaves with the carrots and onions and there would be no need for any short cuts like cubes because the slow cooking brings out lots of flavours from the meat and veg. Isn't that the point of slow cooking aside from making tough meat cuts tender?

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Theory:

Jim Bob has ongoing legal needs and issues, whether from his multiple businesses or lawsuits or what have you.

Jim Bob retains legal counsel. 

Legal retainers are expensive. 

Jim Bob strikes a deal with Derelict to pay for law school in exchange for his services pro bono and financial support until he passes the bar and is off and running.  

Derelict agrees, seeing his options are extremely limited in the “real world”.

What I think will happen:

Derelict will be accepted into a law program based on his undergrad grades, connections,  and post-undergrad study. However, he will have problems with the coursework.  Years of not being forced to focus will have taken their toll and he will not be able to concentrate or dedicate the time necessary to succeeding in a law program.

In addition, Derelict has a Stage Five Clinger as a spouse who will not give him the time he needs ALONE to study.  Because he requires constant supervision from his full-time accountability team (Jilly Muffin and the boys).

Derelict will attempt a semester in law school and fail out or withdraw.  Not because he isn’t academically capable, but because the odds are stacked against him. 

Derelict goes back to his life as a lackluster missionary wannabe and will resent Jilly Muffin because she not only ruined his shot at becoming a full-time missionary, but now law school.  And she saddled him with two littles who he cannot afford to support on his own without his father in law and mother’s help.

Derelict joins Bin at scrubbing toilets on the compound, secretly plotting his escape.

Just a theory, of course...

image.png.64ccf6c02f15e41909b81f153a6226ea.png

• Love 6
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Such a simple recipe, does it even really need a recipe?  And didn't Jessa rather recently post the exact same thing, only using packets of processed dry gravy instead of the cubes of fake broth?

My experience in Crock-Pot cooking, and I do a lot of it, is the slow cooking process makes it's own liquid and I don't need to add any.

Yeah, doesn’t the condensation get trapped by the lid?  

• Love 1

If  Derick is going to law school at the Univ. of Arkansas, expect a blog post announcement any day now.  There is a full week of orientation beginning on August 13, which is just three weeks away.  Semester classes begin on August 20th.  His 'graduation' from the Cross Church School of Ministry is scheduled for July 29.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Theory:

Jim Bob has ongoing legal needs and issues, whether from his multiple businesses or lawsuits or what have you.

Jim Bob retains legal counsel. 

Legal retainers are expensive. 

Jim Bob strikes a deal with Derelict to pay for law school in exchange for his services pro bono and financial support until he passes the bar and is off and running.  

Derelict agrees, seeing his options are extremely limited in the “real world”.

What I think will happen:

Derelict will be accepted into a law program based on his undergrad grades, connections,  and post-undergrad study. However, he will have problems with the coursework.  Years of not being forced to focus will have taken their toll and he will not be able to concentrate or dedicate the time necessary to succeeding in a law program.

In addition, Derelict has a Stage Five Clinger as a spouse who will not give him the time he needs ALONE to study.  Because he requires constant supervision from his full-time accountability team (Jilly Muffin and the boys).

Derelict will attempt a semester in law school and fail out or withdraw.  Not because he isn’t academically capable, but because the odds are stacked against him. 

Derelict goes back to his life as a lackluster missionary wannabe and will resent Jilly Muffin because she not only ruined his shot at becoming a full-time missionary, but now law school.  And she saddled him with two littles who he cannot afford to support on his own without his father in law and mother’s help.

Derelict joins Bin at scrubbing toilets on the compound, secretly plotting his escape.

Just a theory, of course...

And more thoughts:

Derelict will be at the beck and call of Jim Bob and his cronies. Because he “owes” Jim Bob his livelihood. So Derelict goes on to represent few paying clients and the majority of his work is done doing one-off projects pro bono for friends and fellow “Christians”.  Because Jesus. And Boob.  So he has the potential to be the first Duggar or Duggar-adjacent with an actual real-world, big-person career.  But you can’t have that in Duggarville!  So he would be an attorney (with somewhat of an earning potential) whose family is living hand-to-mouth because Boob deigns it so. 

• Love 3

I don't know that JB would be such a forward thinker as to fund Derick's law school education. JB IMO is more of the nickel and dime "buy used and save the difference" mindset.

I can't see him spending well north of $100K for Derick's law school costs + the Dillards' living expenses, with the idea that this would somehow save him money (legal fees) over the coming decades. JB can get a lot of legal work done for $100K - $150K. There are plenty of lawyers looking for paying work, in the real estate and business law fields. If JB gets sued over a car wreck or something covered by liability insurance, the insurance company pays his defense lawyer.

And, I can't imagine that Derick has shown ten minutes' or a dime's worth of interest in, or aptitude for, JB's real estate or auto businesses. AFAIK Derick has never addressed that stuff in his social media posts. 

But it is an interesting scenario, @Ladyedith. And the bottom line for me, whether JB's backing him financially or not, is pretty much the outcome you described. He'll wash out before he ever becomes one of the all-too-numerous JDs now graduating from US law schools every year. And who are landing in a tough tough employment market for JDs.

• Love 13

It occurred to me that Derick may have no interest in practicing law, but is looking to get into the political arena. Just like his stint as a "missionary," though, politics requires that people LIKE you, and people just don't like Derick. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Those are the same people who have to be told to unwrap and insert a suppository. 

I'm pretty sure I would rather do that than eat Jill's "best meal ever" dinners.  

I haven't made a roast in quite some time since it's just the two of us, and Mr. Six doesn't want to take leftovers all week.  She has a pound of salt without any other seasoning, mushy carrots, chip-a-tooth potatoes, and a burnt crockpot since she didn't add any liquid.  Yum.  Said no one.

• Love 9

It's funny when you consider that pot roast has been a staple of the American dinner table for decades, yet Jill manages to ruin it in one shot. Seriously, she could heat up a can of soup and still find some way to mess it up.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I'm pretty sure I would rather do that than eat Jill's "best meal ever" dinners.  

I haven't made a roast in quite some time since it's just the two of us, and Mr. Six doesn't want to take leftovers all week.  She has a pound of salt without any other seasoning, mushy carrots, chip-a-tooth potatoes, and a burnt crockpot since she didn't add any liquid.  Yum.  Said no one.

Well, it looked to me like she said to put their roast in the bottom and then she scattered the veggies on top.  Not sure about the bullion cubes.  Sounds like pretty anemic seasoning to me.  The veggies need to be on the bottom along with a little liquid for a cushion.  Have they never heard of Lipton Onion Soup Mix or Dry Dressing Mix or Gravy Packets mixed with a little water to pour on top.  Low sodium versions are out there.  You can make gravy that will knock your socks off! Am making myself hungry just thinking about it!!!!!

• Love 4