Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

New post on the blog, described as pictures from June. The majority have been posted already. I don’t recall these two, though. They were taken at a photo booth at a wedding.

1E93FCEA-B7AE-40CB-922F-1E39EADB9E67.jpeg

047C5C78-26FF-445C-9E24-D205425152A0.jpeg

Aaaaand videos:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jennblevins said:

When I was younger and had fewer bills to pay, I worked as a cook at a summer camp, so yes, I’ve had an occasion to feed a crowd a large volume of oatmeal, assuming 350 people counts as a crowd.  We did actually do plenty of dishes that you prepared the night before and threw into the oven in the morning— it meant fewer people had to get up early. 

We never did oatmeal that way, though, since oatmeal is one of those things that takes about the same amount of effort to make for 2 as for 350. Not to mention that with plain oatmeal, everyone can add their own toppings. 

So all Jill has to do is market her blog to summer camp cooks and she's all set ?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New post on the blog, described as pictures from June. The majority have been posted already. I don’t recall these two, though. They were taken at a photo booth at a wedding.

1E93FCEA-B7AE-40CB-922F-1E39EADB9E67.jpeg

047C5C78-26FF-445C-9E24-D205425152A0.jpeg

Aaaaand videos:

3 year old Izzy is already parenting. First he tells Derick that Sam wants to get down and then he covers Sam's mouth when he coughs. And really a video where the baby is so distracting Derick nearly yells? What a warm and fuzzy family moment. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

What in the hell? That's basically a cookie without the flour. 

Also, 6 tablespoons of vanilla seems like an awful lot. Whenever I read one of her "recipes" I'm always scratching my head over the measurements.

Like the "one regular casserole dish size"?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

3 year old Izzy is already parenting. First he tells Derick that Sam wants to get down and then he covers Sam's mouth when he coughs. And really a video where the baby is so distracting Derick nearly yells? What a warm and fuzzy family moment. 

Izzy's on the path to becoming a brother-dad. Just like JD. 

That last video though...Derick's infamous pits!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

Like the "one regular casserole dish size"?

I noticed that and meant to comment.  I have a feeling Jilly's and my definition of "regular" would be quite different.

She is really grasping at straws.  She married her PissPaw's choice, and look how well that turned out.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

What in the hell? That's basically a cookie without the flour. 

Also, 6 tablespoons of vanilla seems like an awful lot. Whenever I read one of her "recipes" I'm always scratching my head over the measurements.

I agree that sounds like a lot of vanilla. That is probably a good portion of  a small vanilla bottle.

This reminds me of recipes my mother used to get out of the newspaper.  She knew the measurements were wrong but went ahead & made it as directed & it turned out horrible.  Later there would be a retraction in newspaper stating measurement(s) were printed wrong. 

• Love 4
On 7/17/2018 at 8:24 PM, bigskygirl said:

Should we take bets to see how long he would last in law school.

Put me down for as long as it takes for him to pick up his books and leave in a huff when one of his professors turns out to be a pants-wearing woman who challenges his delusions of patriarchy.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In the hospital picture, Jill is wearing the same top she had on for their anniversary picnic, and hike. She must like it, just a different top underneath.

83C7DE42-5EDF-4886-8AB6-2B2EB60715ED.jpeg

Why would you need pita and crackers? Have these people ever even seen a vegetable? 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Why would you need pita and crackers? Have these people ever even seen a vegetable? 

The caption was, “Hummus, pita, cheese, crackers, olives, figs, dates and sparkling grape juice for the occasion”

D061BB61-2252-441B-BE15-65195904B7E0.jpeg

04B684AE-2634-457E-91DE-17069E62F5CF.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

Put me down for as long as it takes for him to pick up his books and leave in a huff when one of his professors turns out to be a pants-wearing woman who challenges his delusions of patriarchy.

The dean of the University of Arkansas Fayetteville Law School is a woman.  Not only that, but she is the School of Law’s third successive female dean. 

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The caption was, “Hummus, pita, cheese, crackers, olives, figs, dates and sparkling grape juice for the occasion”

Figs and dates for an anniversary celebration? I hope the anniversary suite at the Shiloh Inn came with two toilets.

• Love 6

I did not watch with the sound on so I may have missed something but in the video where Israel is using Jill as the track for his cars, she actually looked like she might be relating to him more than usual. I cannot imagine MEchelle ever lying down on the floor and allowing kids to run their cars over her. So a cautious endorsement for a few seconds of Jill's life from me. I'm sure she has already undone my three seconds of good will in some way.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Figs and dates for an anniversary celebration? I hope the anniversary suite at the Shiloh Inn came with two toilets.

Who the hell are they inviting to that feast? Gaspar, Melchior and Balthazar?  The meal sounds like appetizers from an ancient Babylonian cookbook.  

• Love 7

The video of Derrick reading was absolutely horrible to get through. Put the baby down, he obviously doesn't want to read. Read Iz the book he actually wants to hear ie. airplanes. And stop being such a ducking douche to your kids. Why does Jill think this is YouTube worthy? It's not. Free Israel! Jinger is already out...

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

The video of Derrick reading was absolutely horrible to get through. Put the baby down, he obviously doesn't want to read. Read Iz the book he actually wants to hear ie. airplanes. And stop being such a ducking douche to your kids. Why does Jill think this is YouTube worthy? It's not. Free Israel! Jinger is already out...

Because the world needs to see the "best papa evah!"

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Because the world needs to see the "best papa evah!"

Then perhaps Jill should focus on videos where he's actually acting like the best papa evah and not the Dickweed he's being towards his kids. 

• Love 11

Now that Kendra and Jinger have both given birth in hospitals with little interference by Duggars (not certain about Jinger but the distance makes it likely) I wonder how annoyed Dr. Jill Medicine Woman is that she didn't get to use her medical thingies on either of them and whether or not the next pregnant Duggar / Duggar-in-law will have it laid on their hearts to have (another) home birth. They might be able to strong-arm Josiah and Lauren, but I hope Abbie and JD have noticed what all happened at practically every home birth and how three of his sisters (and the five resulting babies) could have died because of Jill's inadequate choices.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Then perhaps Jill should focus on videos where he's actually acting like the best papa evah and not the Dickweed he's being towards his kids. 

I agree. It floors me that he's been a father for over three years and he still has no instinct for it and is completely incapable of reading (or giving a shit about) his baby's non verbal cues. It's pathetic and selfish. He wanted to have story time, Sam didn't, but Dickwad wants what he wants. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Now that Kendra and Jinger have both given birth in hospitals with little interference by Duggars (not certain about Jinger but the distance makes it likely) I wonder how annoyed Dr. Jill Medicine Woman is that she didn't get to use her medical thingies on either of them and whether or not the next pregnant Duggar / Duggar-in-law will have it laid on their hearts to have (another) home birth. They might be able to strong-arm Josiah and Lauren, but I hope Abbie and JD have noticed what all happened at practically every home birth and how three of his sisters (and the five resulting babies) could have died because of Jill's inadequate choices.

Do we know if Lana had home births? It didn't seem like Kendra's mom did and if not, I doubt Kendra ever will. Lauren will likely be heavily influenced by her mom versus the Duggars. And Abbie? Nah. JD will have it in his heart to get her to the first hospital he can find. He knows his sisters were idiots. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Do we know if Lana had home births? It didn't seem like Kendra's mom did and if not, I doubt Kendra ever will. Lauren will likely be heavily influenced by her mom versus the Duggars. And Abbie? Nah. JD will have it in his heart to get her to the first hospital he can find. He knows his sisters were idiots. 

Josiah was the only child to express concern over Michelle being pregnant with - whichever child it was - and we saw how that worked out for him, so I don't know what side of the equation that puts him on.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I did not watch with the sound on so I may have missed something but in the video where Israel is using Jill as the track for his cars, she actually looked like she might be relating to him more than usual. I cannot imagine MEchelle ever lying down on the floor and allowing kids to run their cars over her. So a cautious endorsement for a few seconds of Jill's life from me. I'm sure she has already undone my three seconds of good will in some way.

11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought it was funny when Sam did a complete 360 trying to escape.  Poor kid did not want story time.  I'm guessing that Jill probably found this "cute" or possibly even that thing normal mortals call "funny", because you would think even she would note that nothing else is going on of merit that would recommend this for posting, because you can't hear a word Derick is saying.  

I also wanted to note as an aside, that whatever else is going on in the household, Izzy is clearly being raised to be gentle.  He was clearly gentle driving the cars over Jill, and his handling of Sammy was good too, no wrenching of wrong body parts as he makes a desperate grab of a piece of sibling sliding away; when he got a hold of him he went for the clear expanse of "safe area" between neck and chest.  He in fact was gentler than Derick!

Edited by queenanne
because Izzy is Izzy and Sammy is Sammy
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Josiah was the only child to express concern over Michelle being pregnant with - whichever child it was - and we saw how that worked out for him, so I don't know what side of the equation that puts him on.

Like Joe, I see Josiah defaulting to whatever Lauren wants. Whatever Lana did, is likely what Lauren will want. 

• Love 2
On 6/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, Lukeysboat said:

You could also argue that what Derick Dillard does is none of our business, but the fact is Jazz and Derick have both put themselves firmly in the public eye and they both have to expect people to have and express unflattering, hurtful opinions.

I. T. A. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That is the "beigist" plate I've ever seen. Have these people ever heard of making your plate colorful? Add some strawberries, some fresh veggies....good grief.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 12

My kids love baked oatmeal. It is more like the consistency of quick bread than oatmeal. As pointed out above, Jill uses way too much eggs, sugar and vanilla. This is the recipe I use. I do not remember where I got it from. I used to half it, but I now have a teenage boy who like to eat it all day long, so I now make the whole thing:

Baked Oatmeal

Makes 8-10 servings

• 1 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 6 cups oats
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 large apples, chopped (or other combination of fruit)

Combine all ingredients in order listed. Pour into greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned. Can refrigerate overnight before baking. Serve topped with brown sugar, and milk.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Pollypam said:

My kids love baked oatmeal. It is more like the consistency of quick bread than oatmeal. As pointed out above, Jill uses way too much eggs, sugar and vanilla. This is the recipe I use. I do not remember where I got it from. I used to half it, but I now have a teenage boy who like to eat it all day long, so I now make the whole thing:

Baked Oatmeal

Makes 8-10 servings

• 1 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 6 cups oats
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 cups milk

Combine all ingredients in order listed. Pour into greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned. Can refrigerate overnight before baking. Serve topped with brown sugar, and milk.

Look at that! A pan described with a measurement !

• Love 17
(edited)
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Look at that! A pan described with a measurement !

As well as, a quantity specified for each ingredient.

And not a "dump" anywhere.

Edited by Jeeves
Style
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Pollypam said:

Baked Oatmeal

Makes 8-10 servings

• 1 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 6 cups oats
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 cups milk

This recipi is much more in line with all of the many baked oatmeal recipis floating around on Weight Watchers boards.  Jill's has way too much sugar and vanilla!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Pollypam said:

Baked Oatmeal

Makes 8-10 servings

• 1 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 6 cups oats
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 cups milk

This looks really good! Rolled oats, quick oats or steel cut? 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Jill's recipe.  I just had to go reread it because I made the mistake of trying to read it before happy hour.  Now that I have a beverage, I tried again.  5 1/2 cups of oatmeal and 2 CUPS of honey?????  WTH???  Also yes to whomever said she can't measure milk makes her a moron.

Hey Jill, here's an idea.  How about you show us how to make a recipe for like 4 and not 20? You know, the size of your current family.  And yes, who needs to make oatmeal at night for the next morning???  I mean I get fridge oats, but this???  Sigh.  Well, she's now made toast and oatmeal.  What's next? Toasting a store bought bagel and spreading something on it?  Mixing up a container of orange juice from frozen concentrate?  Doing a video on where turkey bacon comes from?  You know it has um, stuff and like stuff in it.

Slow down there @DragonFaerie.  She needs to work that out in the test kitchen first.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

what all happened at practically every home birth and how three of his sisters (and the five resulting babies) could have died because of Jill's inadequate choices.

In all fairness, I don't think Dr. Jill At Your Cervix was even in the country when Spurgeon was born. That one can't be on her. I do blame her for her own near-disasters and Joy's as well. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I agree. It floors me that he's been a father for over three years and he still has no instinct for it and is completely incapable of reading (or giving a shit about) his baby's non verbal cues. It's pathetic and selfish. He wanted to have story time, Sam didn't, but Dickwad wants what he wants. 

But isn't that in line with the Pearl's teachings?  Don't you ignore the child's cries and needs and force them to bend to your will?  That's the opinion I have from the little I could stomach reading about their approach.  Nasty, nasty people. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

In all fairness, I don't think Dr. Jill At Your Cervix was even in the country when Spurgeon was born. That one can't be on her. I do blame her for her own near-disasters and Joy's as well. 

LOL!  Love it!!!!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They really should throw some baby carrots, grape/cherry tomatoes, and maybe some cucumber slices at least!  They like their carbs that's for sure.  I understand.  I do as well!

12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Is it just me or does Sam always seem to have a cough?  Is he a closet smoker??  HA!

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Normades said:

But isn't that in line with the Pearl's teachings?  Don't you ignore the child's cries and needs and force them to bend to your will?  That's the opinion I have from the little I could stomach reading about their approach.  Nasty, nasty people. 

In my SDA days, babies from 6 months on were expected to hold still and keep quiet for Bible time! They had their legs lightly swatted if "disobedient"! By 12 months, many parents upped their game to spankings with paint stirrers. I quit my day care provider after she told me she had spanked my 15 month old for wriggling during a Bible story time.

Derick doesn't even try to read with kid approved expression.  Just a monotonous, hurried voice. If Jill didn't have the camera pointed at him, I'm sure he would have  more forcefully demanded compliance from poor Sam.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

They really should throw some baby carrots, grape/cherry tomatoes, and maybe some cucumber slices at least!  They like their carbs that's for sure.  I understand.  I do as well!

Is it just me or does Sam always seem to have a cough?  Is he a closet smoker??  HA!

He does. Sadly, they'll never have that looked at. 

32 minutes ago, louannems said:

In my SDA days, babies from 6 months on were expected to hold still and keep quiet for Bible time! They had their legs lightly swatted if "disobedient"! By 12 months, many parents upped their game to spankings with paint stirrers. I quit my day care provider after she told me she had spanked my 15 month old for wriggling during a Bible story time.

Derick doesn't even try to read with kid approved expression.  Just a monotonous, hurried voice. If Jill didn't have the camera pointed at him, I'm sure he would have  more forcefully demanded compliance from poor Sam.

I give you credit for not going to jail after finding that out. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Instead of making a big glop of whatever Jilly Girl made why not buy the instant self serve packs of oatmeal and heat it up in the microwave using milk or water.

You couldn't pay me to make the Baked Oatmeal recipe Jill posted, but if she ever mentioned that she uses instant self-serve packs of oatmeal she'll be raked over the coals because cooking oatmeal is so easy, those packets have too much sugar, they're too expensive, and it's another example of the Duggars being environmentally irresponsible by using individual servings for the whole family.

• Love 11
(edited)

to everyone offering suggestions of fruit or vegies to add to the Dixie plates of pita and hummus--none of you are questioning why the hell Jill needs to Instagram a Dixie plate of pita and  hummus, with or w/o fruit and vegies.  Who does she think wants to see this?  Stupid!

And I have never seen a recipe where you assume someone is going to want to use artificial vanilla.  No one likes that crap and it has nasty stuff in it.

I quit my day care provider after she told me she had spanked my 15 month old for wriggling during a Bible story time

Why was that bitch stupid enough to admit that to you!!  I agree, I would have clocked her with a King James version myself...

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

to everyone offering suggestions of fruit or vegies to add to the Dixie plates of pita and hummus--none of you are questioning why the hell Jill needs to Instagram a Dixie plate of pita and  hummus, with or w/o fruit and vegies.  Who does she think wants to see this?  Stupid!

And I have never seen a recipe where you assume someone is going to want to use artificial vanilla.  No one likes that crap and it has nasty stuff in it.

Is that a rhetorical question? Her leghumpers and her haters want to see it. 

As far as the vanilla goes -- how many people can tell the difference between real and fake in a recipe? It's no nastier than any other flavoring, probably less nasty than store-bought baked goods. Lots of people like that "crap." 

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Everyone might not have access to the real stuff. I don't even know if my local supermarket carries it, or only the artificial kind. I assume real vanilla might be more expensive also.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, graefin said:

Everyone might not have access to the real stuff. I don't even know if my local supermarket carries it, or only the artificial kind. I assume real vanilla might be more expensive also.

With a vanilla shortage in Madagascar, and the current occupant of the WH slapping tariffs on anything coming from Mexico, real vanilla might be out of reach for all of us. 

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

With a vanilla shortage in Madagascar, and the current occupant of the WH slapping tariffs on anything coming from Mexico, real vanilla might be out of reach for all of us. 

I’m glad I stocked up the last time I was in Cozumel.  And for the record, imitation vanilla isn’t nasty, but Mexican vanilla is so much more delicious.  If you substituted the real for the imitation in a recipe you frequently make, you would probably notice the richer flavor.  You can’t use the same quantities of both though. Talk about overkill. 

• Love 5

2 posts by Jill. One directs to Jinger and Jeremy’s blog, the other to the Dillard’s blog.

This is what’s on the Dillard blog (the “click here”, is to the same page her other tweet included)

Baby Girl Vuolo Has Arrived- Congrats Jinger and Jeremy!

Jul 20, 2018 | Family Blog | 1 

Congratulations Jinger and Jeremy on the arrival of little Felicity! We are super excited for y’all and we can’t wait to meet our little niece!

Felicity Nicole Vuolo was born yesterday, July 19th, 2018 at 4:37 a.m. weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19.5 inches long! Click hereto see a picture of the baby!

This is silly in the grand scheme of things, I know. Jill just annoys the crap out of me!

E83CBC32-86A1-4142-B66E-F33CCA1190F8.jpeg

A8703EC9-3FE1-4044-A3CF-FEBA5F2AA8D4.jpeg

• Love 3