Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

If I remember correctly, in order to join the FBI you also have to have something like 5 years of relevant work experience. So your average field agent would need 5 years as a cop, your forensic accountants would need 5 years as a civilian accountant, psychologists need to have actually practiced psychology, etc. They need you to have actually practiced your trade in the real world to see if you can actually function at said job. As we know Derrick has next to no experience. He surely doesn't have enough experience at Walmart to even get a reference. God knows Danger America isn't experience with anything the FBI does, unless this has all be a LONG undercover operation and Derrick is going to blow the lid off of fraud in organized religion LOL.  If so, I hope Jana was his "handler" who recruited him to the FBI and she's going to show up some day in a fancy lady FBI pantsuit and arrest the whole lot of them. "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS. I wasn't at 'Journey to the Heart" I was at a seminar on using RICO to break up fraudsters in organized religion."

Now that is a book I would read, and fervently hope that someone options the movie rights.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I did.  I also thought she looked a lot better than usual in that pic.

And she's wearing a sleeveless top and her nose stud.  Obviously her parents either don't give a crap anymore about how she dresses or she's told them to shut their pie holes. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Cross Church HR: "So graduation's coming up soon, any potential junior preachers / missionaries for us?" "How about this Derrick kid, we've heard he can bank on his name and family name?"

Ministry Program Director: "Well we have a few that might fit your needs but I'm not sure Derrick is one of them"

Cross Church HR: "What but we thought he was so dedicated, had experience, went on mission trips.  Sounds like who we're looking for"

Ministry Program Director "Sure he's been on trips but, well, um, have you seen his personal social media accounts or met with him lately?"

Cross Church HR:  "Well no we don't usually follow all the students or check their full background until they apply.  But why, and what about his grades and performance?"

Ministry Program Director:  Looks at file, screenshots of a Twitter fight with a minor, news articles hinting of fights with large TV channel causing him to be fired, informal interviews with former co-workers hinting at sexist behavior.  Looks at transcript; Grades, average.  Empathy level; non-existent, Maturity test results, scored at age level of a 16 year old,  Looks and public Likability; Negative scores.   Immediate family, wife; childlike possibly stunted emotionally not fit for pastor wife responsibilities or foreign travel.  Extended family, too much to put in basic files see folder #2.  (Program Director looks at five inch file on extended family and thinks "screw it I'm not sorting through that" then immediately asks forgiveness for thinking "screw it")

Ministry Program Director:  "Well he, let's say struggled a bit with the program and has some, to put it politely, social issues that would I think make him a liability for you.  My advice is to pass and we'll send you some other great candidates"  (Hangs up phone, leans back, knock on door - "Oh crap already"  asks for forgiveness for thinking "crap")

Derrick walks in "Well how are my job offers, Cross Church come through?  How many others are fighting to have me I know there must be multiple offers"

Ministry Program Director (thinks fast):  Derrick we've all been praying on this continuously and God has clearly led us to instruct you that person to person ministry isn't what he's calling you to do.  He wants you to work behind the scenes, he wants you to support the ministers, be their administrative assistant or their bookkeeper or their legal liaison.  I know it's a disappointment but we can't ignore God's will and it's clear as day in this case.

Derrick:  "But I'm so good at ministry, I'm nearly perfect at it, my wife and family say so and all the people I ministered to in Central America said I was the best Godly representative they'd ever met.  At least I'm sure that's what they were saying I mean I couldn't understand them half the time but I know what they were thinking and feeling.  And Loca is Spanish slang for Love You right?"

Ministry Program Director (suppressing urge to bang head on desk): "Well I'm sure you had quite an experience but that's just not where your future lies and we do have to follow Lord's leading don't we?  Right?  Get what I'm saying?  I'm very, very certain you're not being called to face to face ministry and won't be hired for it.  Understand where this is going?  In fact I have your transcripts here, ALL your transcripts, personal and social media included all the things future employers look at.  They look at ALL of your past; are things becoming clearer now?  So can we call this God's direction and talk about applying for behind the scenes office work?"

Derrick: "Well if you say it's God that wants me to do this but I'm sure I'm still called to change the world into the way I think it should be and how can I do that if.............I know, I'll become a lawyer, if I can't preach at people to see it my way I'll argue with them to change the laws the way I know they should be.  I mean, um, the way God knows they should be; that's what I was going to say, not my way of course God's way.  You know what I meant right?  Anyway I'm sure that's it now, I had the revelation in the last 30 seconds I'm supposed to be a religious lawyer not a minster.  Yup I hear it clearly now, I'm surprised you wanted me to become a minister or missionary, law is clearly my life's work.  Well, gotta go apply to some schools.  Bye"  (runs out the door)

Ministry Program Director:  (throws file aside) "I do not get paid enough for this shit"   (Looks up) "C'mon, you've seen the guy, I'm not even asking forgiveness for that one, you've probably thought it too!"

1000 likes! That last bit was the perfect cherry on top!

• Love 11
(edited)

did anyone but me notice that she is wearing shorts?

Yeah, she has nice legs but the baby obviously feels he's being defrauded, just look at his face!  (Jill looks pretty there, her eyes match her shirt.)

Jib jab!  I’m dying!  He looks like he has a neck brace on!

He looks like a bobblehead. *shakes him back and forth

Doesn't Blob usually do that thing where he kinda pushes his neck forward?  (Like he's overly anxious to get into your business and deny you your personal Supreme Court-granted rights?) It looks like a familiar pose.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 8

In that pic of Jill holding Garrett, her right hand looks monstrously huge. 

I flash back to the movie "American Werewolf in London", when David changes into the werewolf and his hands & feet stretch out.  *shudder*  Freaky!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

I know you're joking, but please don't malign public defenders of any stripe! They're some of the hardest working public servants out there! 

Now, being in private practice and having to take every DUI, trip and fall, and $500 I-gotta-cheatin-husband-divorce would have me in tears of laughter! 

I have the utmost respect for public defenders.  They work really hard for their clients. I don't, however, have any respect for Derwood.  I think it would be a big ole ' slice of humble pie for him to realize that everyone is entitled to a defense regardless of their religious beliefs and it's his job to provide one.

• Love 17

I think you all may be under/over (depending on your POV) estimating Derick's ability to withstand the stresses of law school. Not because he's some great intellect or nuanced thinker, but because he's much too arrogant and borderline narcissistic to let a professor's or fellow student opinion of his righteous rantings get him down.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I think you all may be under/over (depending on your POV) estimating Derick's ability to withstand the stresses of law school. Not because he's some great intellect or nuanced thinker, but because he's much too arrogant and borderline narcissistic to let a professor's or fellow student opinion of his righteous rantings get him down.

I'm waiting for the day Derick uses a verse from the Book of Proverbs as Case Law.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I'm waiting for the day Derick uses a verse from the Book of Proverbs as Case Law.

Oh, it's gonna happen. I believe that deep in my soul.

I know most lawyers aren't trial lawyers and rarely if ever see the inside of a courtroom, but I don't think Derick does. He fancies himself a great speaker of truth, for one thing. And while persuasion and public speaking can be taught up to a point (and that's probably one of his reasons for wanting to go to law school--to learn to more effectively preach his version of Jesus to get the laws he wants), natural talent is necessary--he doesn't have it. When/if he graduates and passes the bar but can't get the kind of job he wants, we'll be hearing about a new career path.

• Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

If I remember correctly, in order to join the FBI you also have to have something like 5 years of relevant work experience. So your average field agent would need 5 years as a cop, your forensic accountants would need 5 years as a civilian accountant, psychologists need to have actually practiced psychology, etc. They need you to have actually practiced your trade in the real world to see if you can actually function at said job. As we know Derrick has next to no experience. He surely doesn't have enough experience at Walmart to even get a reference. God knows Danger America isn't experience with anything the FBI does, unless this has all be a LONG undercover operation and Derrick is going to blow the lid off of fraud in organized religion LOL.  If so, I hope Jana was his "handler" who recruited him to the FBI and she's going to show up some day in a fancy lady FBI pantsuit and arrest the whole lot of them. "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS. I wasn't at 'Journey to the Heart" I was at a seminar on using RICO to break up fraudsters in organized religion."

Maybe I am 12 but this is one of my favorite words.  For those of you that watch RHNY, it is what endeared Heather to me (in her fight with Aviva).  

Maybe Dickweed wants to join the FBI because in the minds of many the FBI is corrupt and this dude plans on saving it.  May his boss be similar to Allison Janey in Spy (yes that was CIA but still!).

15 hours ago, toodles said:

As we all know, karma is a bitch.  My vision of Derwood karma is finishing law school up to his eyeballs in debt.  And because he is such a dick on Twitter, the only job he can find is as a public defender in night court.  The steady stream of hookers, druggies and various lowlifes would be karmic justice at the highest level.

I would like these people to have better representation than this asshole!  I would like him to get into a ton of debt only to NOT pass the bar.  Anywhere.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 11

I used to work in a management position that had quite a few law school graduates who couldn't pass the bar working in the unit.  Derick reminds me of them in several ways.  I have trouble thinking he'll survive law school though.  I think there is far more work involved in passing the classes than Derick is going to be willing to do.  I also think three years is a LONG time for the current version of Derick to stick with anything.  Also I wonder if either he's planning to use studying to escape his family or Jill and the kids will effectively kill what studying he might plan to do.  It doesn't look good.  Perhaps it's excuse not to have another child for close to 3.5 years.  Law school plus taking the bar.

• Love 6

From what I know of Derick, he may enjoy arguing his side, but he will do poorly at arguing why others are wrong (other than God/Jesus, since when people try to argue with him online he tends to play semantics and/or ban them, which won't work in law school) and heaven help him (heh) if he has to argue for something he doesn't believe in, like abortion or transgender rights or religious freedom.  I can see him saying "Well, I can't argue that, it's immoral/against God's will/etc" and that will not work either.  They will eat him alive.  I doubt he'll finish the first month of the first semester, much less the first year.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, sheshark said:

So, in order to get Izzy in to see cousin Garrett, they lied and said he was the big brother.  At the very Catholic Mercy Hospital at Northwest Arkansas.  Is it okay to lie to heathens?  "Children ages 12 and under not seeking medical treatment will not be permitted to visit patients in Mercy Ardmore facilities until further notice, beginning today, Friday, Jan. 12. An exception will be made for siblings of newborns who are visiting the Family Birth Place, but they must remain in the patient room for the duration of the visit."

IMG_6398.jpg

Do Southern Baptist hospitals exist in their neck of the woods?

16 hours ago, graefin said:

know, right? This is like the tenth statement he's made implying he hates kids in general or his kids specifically or being a parent. I know these two are no wordsmiths, but come on. It's no coincidence. 

He’s trolling us. 

• Love 1

Jill has been busy.....

Baked Oatmeal Recipe

Jul 19, 2018 | Recipes | 2 

I added some frozen blueberries to our baked oatmeal this time and it was delicious! My family got this recipe from our friends, the Wilsons, many years ago. This is a great recipe to make when you need to feed a crowd or if you just want to make ahead of time to pop in the oven in the morning! This recipe makes one regular casserole dish size (I halved it in the picture).

5 1/2 or 6 C. oats (rolled or quick oats)

6 eggs

2 1/2 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

1 t. cinnamon, optional

6 T. imitation vanilla (or 3 T. real vanilla)

1 1/2 or 2 C. brown sugar, sucanat* or honey

1/2 C. oil

milk (enough to make it pourable, but NOT soupy or like cookie dough…more like brownie mix consistency)

optional additions: blueberries, chopped apple, nuts, raisins, etc.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease casserole dish. Mix everything (except milk) together in bowl. Add milk until desired consistency. Pour into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Can be served by itself, or warm with milk, or cold with fruit and yogurt.

*If using sucanat you may need to add a little extra milk so it doesn’t get too dried out.

07B7F58C-A71C-43D7-BCB8-F672A565DE00.jpeg

• Love 1
13 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

To be fair, the Family Research Council did hire Josh, who had even fewer credentials and an even more repellant personality. Somewhere out there is a grass-roots Christian lobbying organization that would be willing to hire Derick. It might be in bumfuck nowhere and pay him in rutabagas, but it’s out there.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. And that’s exactly the type of job would have in mind! That’s what scares me. 

• Love 5
(edited)
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill has been busy.....

Baked Oatmeal Recipe

I added some frozen blueberries to our baked oatmeal this time and it was delicious! My family got this recipe from our friends, the Wilsons, many years ago. This is a great recipe to make when you need to feed a crowd or if you just want to make ahead of time to pop in the oven in the morning! This recipe makes one regular casserole dish size (I halved it in the picture).

6 eggs

2 1/2 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

1 t. cinnamon, optional

1/2 C. oil

milk (enough to make it pourable, but NOT soupy or like cookie dough…more like brownie mix consistency)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease casserole dish. Mix everything (except milk) together in bowl. Add milk until desired consistency. Pour into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Can be served by itself, or warm with milk, or cold with fruit and yogurt.

*If using sucanat you may need to add a little extra milk so it doesn’t get too dried out.

Jesus, just buy food.

Does baking soda make sense in this recipe?

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 10

What in the hell? That's basically a cookie without the flour. 

Also, 6 tablespoons of vanilla seems like an awful lot. Whenever I read one of her "recipes" I'm always scratching my head over the measurements.

• Love 13

Jesus Christ, it's oatmeal. Why would anyone need to prepare large quantities ahead of time so they can "pop it in the oven in the morning"? Am I missing something? It takes five minutes on the stove (quick oats cook even faster).

I guess I don't need to mention that her photo looks like crap. Her "delicious" blueberries look like rabbit poop.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

From what I know of Derick, he may enjoy arguing his side, but he will do poorly at arguing why others are wrong (other than God/Jesus, since when people try to argue with him online he tends to play semantics and/or ban them, which won't work in law school) and heaven help him (heh) if he has to argue for something he doesn't believe in, like abortion or transgender rights or religious freedom.  I can see him saying "Well, I can't argue that, it's immoral/against God's will/etc" and that will not work either.  They will eat him alive.  I doubt he'll finish the first month of the first semester, much less the first year.

This reminds me of when I was in 8th grade, and my English teacher had us debate each other on various topics, one of which was abortion. We were graded on our ability to argue whichever  side we were assigned to. The kicker? This was a Catholic school. Sure, Derick would use this as an example of how Catholics are evil, but it's telling that a bunch of 13 year olds are more capable of debating controversial topics regardless of personal beliefs than Derick ever could be. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

WTF - She has no idea how to measure the milk for this recipe?  She's a certifiable moron.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Mollie said:

I'm sorry Ma'am, but when your husband walked out on you and your three kids were you practicing Proverbs 31? 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sorry Ma'am, but when your husband walked out on you and your three kids were you practicing Proverbs 31? 

LOL.  I need a new keyboard, and I could totally see him trying to use this.  He will be a laughing stock among the other students.

• Love 2

But as much of a sick fucker Josh is and was, he was downright eloquent compared to some of the folks they align themselves with.  Half the time I’m not sure what’s going on in their family friend Sarah Huckabee’s head and mouth.  Josh had the family name, the publicity, the social and public speaking skills.  He also had a nice home, a “successful” family run business, and a beautiful wife and family.

Assuming Derick ever gets to that high, I’m sure he will crash even more spectacularly. The question is if he will ever get there.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill has been busy.....

Baked Oatmeal Recipe

6 eggs

2 1/2 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

1 t. cinnamon, optional

1/2 C. oil

if you need me I'll be in the prayer closet because I read the line as pop in the oven as poop in the oven.

• Love 3

Jill's recipe.  I just had to go reread it because I made the mistake of trying to read it before happy hour.  Now that I have a beverage, I tried again.  5 1/2 cups of oatmeal and 2 CUPS of honey?????  WTH???  Also yes to whomever said she can't measure milk makes her a moron.

Hey Jill, here's an idea.  How about you show us how to make a recipe for like 4 and not 20? You know, the size of your current family.  And yes, who needs to make oatmeal at night for the next morning???  I mean I get fridge oats, but this???  Sigh.  Well, she's now made toast and oatmeal.  What's next? Toasting a store bought bagel and spreading something on it?  Mixing up a container of orange juice from frozen concentrate?  Doing a video on where turkey bacon comes from?  You know it has um, stuff and like stuff in it.

• Love 14
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, irisheyes said:

She doesn’t even need a box!  Just read lots of books to the kid and let him watch Sesame Street. 

Sesame Street has too much evil librul philosophy in it. Ethnic diversity and furrin languages and inclusion and such. Can't have that.

• Love 15
(edited)

Maybe next week she’ll get gourmet and share her recipe for adding bananas to corn flakes.  Or, wait for it...how to make cheap canned biscuits and generic jam.

In addition to not needing recipes from her because you know, the internet, I wouldn’t take recipe suggestions for a family with the nutritional habits of alley cats.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 18

Does Sam's head look a LOT bigger around than Izzy's in that photo?

That oatmeal looks green.  And disgusting.  I Googled baked oatmeal recipes and that one is pretty close to a lot of them.  Just seems like too much crap in what is supposed to be a very simple dish.  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Hey Jill, here's an idea.  How about you show us how to make a recipe for like 4 and not 20? You know, the size of your current family.

Hey! It's a great recipe for when you have to feed a crowd. When have you ever had occasion to feed a crowd a large volume of oatmeal? A casserole or other meal, I could understand, but oatmeal? ? Jill is so one-note, it isn't even funny (except it is, sort of).

• Love 15
(edited)

Corn flakes sound good right now. I love cold cereal when it is hot out especially since you do not need to cook it or heat it up in the microwave. Instead of making a big glop of whatever Jilly Girl made why not buy the instant self serve packs of oatmeal and heat it up in the microwave using milk or water. I guess it would make too much sense.

Edited by bigskygirl
Just now, bigskygirl said:

Whipping cream on oatmeal?

I've never used whipping cream in all my years and really don't know what it is. I figured if you can put milk in something you can put whipping cream in it. Jill seems to put whipping cream in everything she makes.

• Love 4
(edited)
50 minutes ago, graefin said:

Hey! It's a great recipe for when you have to feed a crowd. When have you ever had occasion to feed a crowd a large volume of oatmeal? A casserole or other meal, I could understand, but oatmeal? ? Jill is so one-note, it isn't even funny (except it is, sort of).

When I was younger and had fewer bills to pay, I worked as a cook at a summer camp, so yes, I’ve had an occasion to feed a crowd a large volume of oatmeal, assuming 350 people counts as a crowd.  We did actually do plenty of dishes that you prepared the night before and threw into the oven in the morning— it meant fewer people had to get up early. 

We never did oatmeal that way, though, since oatmeal is one of those things that takes about the same amount of effort to make for 2 as for 350. Not to mention that with plain oatmeal, everyone can add their own toppings. 

Edited by jennblevins
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Cute monkey

This is a nice picture of Jill. She's clean, dressed nicely (as far as we can see), her hair is clean and combed -- and no bug-eyed, suprise face!

• Love 7