Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180717-143712.thumb.jpg.a7f5ec7cd706a27b5411c4ed8cff5990.jpg

Jill responding to a comment on her blog

@GeeGolly posted while I was writing this. And it is sad. Because this is Jill saying essentially, "My nutjob husband and I are so effing stupid and self-absorbed that even after all my years as a Reality TV Stah and his seasons on the show, we had no clue that there might have been an exclusive media deal in place for the event. Although the rest of the family apparently expected us to understand that and didn't spell it out. Besides, we're Duggars so we thought that ban on social media posts just applied to, you know, like, non-Duggars and all and not to us. Because, Duggars. And Jesus."

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

I am guessing that she has never watched an episode of 19 Kids or Counting On and doesn't realize that editing made it look like she could construct a semi-coherent sentence. 

That, or she has seen the show and thinks that she is coherent, not realizing that the editing made it so.  

Editing isn't magic. They can only work with what she gives them. I've seen the show and my impression of her is that she is one of the least articulate people I've come across. Unfortunately, I think her intellect matches her communication skills.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, graefin said:

Editing isn't magic. They can only work with what she gives them. I've seen the show and my impression of her is that she is one of the least articulate people I've come across. Unfortunately, I think her intellect matches her communication skills.

True, I was just thinking that editing took out a lot of the "ums" and pauses? I think they do multiple takes as well so the editors could choose the best one. Maybe not on the talking heads though?

I was always think of Heather B. chastising Tami when she claimed that she just  got a bad edit on The Real World. ?

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Triple P said:

True, I was just thinking that editing took out a lot of the "ums" and pauses? I think they do multiple takes as well so the editors could choose the best one. Maybe not on the talking heads though?

True--it's all relative! So in the TLC-filmed videos Jill sounds better, but that's just par for the course. She's never going to come across like Einstein unless she's edited using the same method people used to use to put together ransom notes ?

Edited by graefin
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@GeeGolly posted while I was writing this. And it is sad. Because this is Jill saying essentially, "My nutjob husband and I are so effing stupid and self-absorbed that even after all my years as a Reality TV Stah and his seasons on the show, we had clue that there might have been an exclusive media deal in place for the event. Although the rest of the family apparently expected us to understand that and didn't spell it out. Besides, we're Duggars so we thought that ban on social media posts just applied to, you know, like, non-Duggars and all and not to us. Because, Duggars. And Jesus."

The stupid moron had an exclusive deal for HER OWN WEDDING complete with signage at the church, etc. 

• Love 9

I would not be surprised if Derick had Jill post the photos and then play dumb about it afterwards. He seems awfully angry with whatever happened with TLC and/or Jim Bob regarding their own place on the show. It would not surprise me at all if he decided to play games like this as a sort of screw you to Jim Bob and his media deals. Plus everyone knows Jilly is pretty dim so he could easily try to excuse it away by pinning it on her. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Even if there wasn’t the possibility of Josiah and Lauren having a deal elsewhere, wouldn’t it be a nice thing to ask their permission to post the pictures and videos on their blog? They don’t give a shit. $$

They both knew what they were doing.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 14

So Jill bought a cardboard kit full of stuff to teach phonics to her three-year-old.  Israel is not ready to learn how to read.  He barely knows how to talk.   Jill has to tell him what to say or repeat what he says so that people can understand him. 

• Love 4

Jill seems to have a chronic issue of not knowing what's developmentally typical for a child at various ages. Add in that she's a total moron and I predict Izzy having a frustrating time under her tutelage. The kid needs to go to a real pre-school. I'd imagine there's plenty of faith-based programs in their area if that's a requirement.

• Love 18

She doesn’t even need a box!  Just read lots of books to the kid and let him watch Sesame Street.  At his age, reading aloud to him will give him all the literacy practice he needs.  If she absolutely has to buy something, buy the Leap Frog letters. You can put them in a little toy, and it says the letter name and sound.  It’s annoying, but my kids loved it. Plus, you can print all the alphabet sheets you could ever want off the internet. Save the boxed curriculum for when’s he kindergarten age. At Izzy’s age, just let him explore with crayons and paper. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jill seems to have a chronic issue of not knowing what's developmentally typical for a child at various ages. Add in that she's a total moron and I predict Izzy having a frustrating time under her tutelage. The kid needs to go to a real pre-school. I'd imagine there's plenty of faith-based programs in their area if that's a requirement.

They can’t do that. He might encounter the wrong kind of Christian, little toddler huzzies in sundresses with no leggings, or...gasp...minorities or Catholics?

• Love 10

In the videos, seeing all the toys and stuff piled up in the Dullards' house - it doesn't seem like they're packing up to move. But didn't someone here say they've been living in student housing?  And Dreck's course is ending.  Maybe they get to stay for the summer until the next group of students start classes in the fall.

Knowing the Duggars, when someone is moving, they probably wait till the last minute, and then the whole herd comes in and grabs an armload, piles it all up in Duggar vehicles, drives it to the new place, carries it in, and dumps it all on the floor.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, OpieTaylor said:

In the videos, seeing all the toys and stuff piled up in the Dullards' house - it doesn't seem like they're packing up to move. But didn't someone here say they've been living in student housing?  And Dreck's course is ending.  Maybe they get to stay for the summer until the next group of students start classes in the fall.

Knowing the Duggars, when someone is moving, they probably wait till the last minute, and then the whole herd comes in and grabs an armload, piles it all up in Duggar vehicles, drives it to the new place, carries it in, and dumps it all on the floor.

I think it was assumed it was student housing, but I’m not sure that was ever officially confirmed.  The LLC who owns the duplex complex doesn’t seem to be affiliated on surface.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, saylubee said:

Pickles says Derick is going to law school at University of Arkansas.

That's been the rumor for the better part of two months now. I posted a reminder about it just a couple of days ago.

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's been the rumor for the better part of two months now. I posted a reminder about it just a couple of days ago.

I don't think you said University of Arkansas, though. 

1 minute ago, zenme said:

What kind of law will he practice? I wonder. Can you imagine him as a defense attorney? Yikes!

I can't see him as a defense attorney or doing mundane stuff like divorces and bankruptcies. He'll either handle Jim Bob's businesses or be a mouthpiece for RWNJ. Assuming, of course, that the rumors are true, that he makes it through law school, and he passes the bar. 

4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

He'll either handle Jim Bob's businesses or be a mouthpiece for RWNJ. 

Good point! With such a large and growing family - Boob probably thinks it'll be good to have a family lawyer (like the mob!)

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Should we take bets to see how long he would last in law school.

I'm gonna take "slightly less than Jill R.'s son stays at Moody Bible College flight school."

• Love 17

Years ago, when I went to school to become a paralegal, I had classes that were taught by lawyers. One of them said law school was so stressful, that if you were married when you entered, you likely wouldn't be by the time you finished.

Can you imagine Derick that stressed?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Good point! With such a large and growing family - Boob probably thinks it'll be good to have a family lawyer (like the mob!)

I still think that JB won't want to have his sons-in-law up in his financial or legal business, especially Derick considering his apparent determination to ruin the family's relationship with TLC.

• Love 5

RWNJ? I think he is on JB's shit list, so I doubt JB would want him as the family lawyer. Deredick is already stressed out the to the mass. Will Jilly Girl take the boys with her everyday to the school to have lunch with Deredick. I can only imagine what the other students and instructors would think of him.

54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The kid needs to go to a real pre-school. I'd imagine there's plenty of faith-based programs in their area if that's a requirement.

Their own church has one.

• Love 9

Jilly will be so nervously insecure and anxious that if she goes to a law school student mixer...she'll bring the kids to have people to talk to since she has absolutely nothing to say to any others at the party including Dreck.

Dreck can be a lawyer for Walmart and get fired again for being a nutjob....

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I can only speak from personal experience, but when I applied to a professional degree program I did so in the fall and wasn't told I was accepted until the following spring. The Cross Church program may have been a "placeholder" position while he did all the applications, interviews, and testing. He also may have done it to put on his resume if he's intent on pursuing Constitutional law and defending religious freedom.

Also, Derick has never struck me as academically stupid. To get an accounting degree he had to have some ability so I don't think it's fair to say he will flame out immediately. 

That makes sense, but I would think it would make more sense for him to take a paid job, or even a volunteer position for the year, instead of spending money on the program. I’m wondering how he is paying for law school and how he will support his family during that time.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

She doesn’t even need a box!  Just read lots of books to the kid and let him watch Sesame Street.  At his age, reading aloud to him will give him all the literacy practice he needs.  If she absolutely has to buy something, buy the Leap Frog letters. You can put them in a little toy, and it says the letter name and sound.  It’s annoying, but my kids loved it. Plus, you can print all the alphabet sheets you could ever want off the internet. Save the boxed curriculum for when’s he kindergarten age. At Izzy’s age, just let him explore with crayons and paper. 

That box is $242.46 on Amazon!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Derick has never struck me as stupid -- but I don't think he's particularly smart, either. His twitter account suggests that he THINKS he's much smarter than he actually is.

I don't think he'll flame out because he can't handle the work, I think he'll flame out because Jilly-Muffin won't give him two inches of space. He has next to nothing on his plate now, and she's glued to his side at all times. I don't know how she'd manage if he was taking classes during the day and studying in the library in the evening. He might even be part of a study group that had women in it -- she would have to go and sit by his side all evening.

Look how she acted when he was working at Wal-Mart. I wonder how he will explain his twitter rants to his future employers because what you post on social media can come back to haunt you at a later date. Law school is an important commitment. He will need to focus on his studies and not worry about Jazz or trying to prove he is right and everyone else is wrong,

I called this a few months ago after snooping around. Some guy congratulated Derick on Twitter about exciting things that were happening this fall. I went to the guy's twitter and he asked Derick how his meeting went with a friend of his family. The friend is a lawyer who attended the University of Arkansas. 

• Love 6
(edited)
39 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Having attended law school I can tell you that there is very little time in life for anything else but studying and prepping cases for class. Everything else comes second. Add in two small children and a barnacle wife and something will have to give! 

Lulz! Maybe the all-encompassing academics were why he applied! Derelict will have the perfect excuse to get away from Jill and the kids!

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think he'll flame out because he can't handle the work, I think he'll flame out because Jilly-Muffin won't give him two inches of space. He has next to nothing on his plate now, and she's glued to his side at all times. I don't know how she'd manage if he was taking classes during the day and studying in the library in the evening. He might even be part of a study group that had women in it -- she would have to go and sit by his side all evening.

I wonder if after his Walmart experience, he’s laying down the law with Jill about hanging on him while he’s trying to go to school. 

She has two kids to keep her busy now. She can play “school” with the boys alongside Derrick while he studies. 

• Love 3

She still will find a way to cling to him. I cannot imagine trying to study with Jill in the room. She would not understand the commitment he would need to put in to become a lawyer since she never went to school herself. I can imagine her trying to have a decent conversation with the other students. Her clinginess will be a burden for him in school and possible career.

5 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I wonder if after his Walmart experience, he’s laying down the law with Jill about hanging on him while he’s trying to go to school. 

She has two kids to keep her busy now. She can play “school” with the boys alongside Derrick while he studies. 

That would seem reasonable, but we have postulated about various spouses "laying down the law" in the past, and it has never come to pass. It may be that Derick has more control now that they are no longer on the show, but I still don't see Jill ever giving him any air.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Also, Derick has never struck me as academically stupid. To get an accounting degree he had to have some ability so I don't think it's fair to say he will flame out immediately. 

True, but I've always wondered why he didn't stay on and study for his CPA.  I've known a few accounting students, and they all stayed on for a 5th year which prepped them for the exam.  Somehow I don't think Derick will make it to the bar exams anyway.  He may be a career dabbler.

• Love 23