Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Why does Derick have such a stick up his ass about Jazz? Her lifestyle and personal choices have no effect on him at all. 

She's probably stirred up desires in Derelict that he can't righteously fulfill. Isn't that how fundies characterize thinking someone is hot? So Derelict thinks Jazz is hot and he can't do anything about it. 

• Love 18
(edited)
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Why does Derick have such a stick up his ass about Jazz? Her lifestyle and personal choices have no effect on him at all. 

He's been reminded of this multiple times in the comments. The Mean Girls meme is my favorite clap back. ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)

Betcha JimBlob is telling Dreck to STFU....and don't bring his bad karma and angry twit fumes to the wedding....

Dreck probably gets some negative People publicity from his latest attacks on Jazz...competing with Sia's and Lauren's People wedding  coverage....oops...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

She's probably stirred up desires in Derelict that he can't righteously fulfill. Isn't that how fundies characterize thinking someone is hot? So Derelict thinks Jazz is hot and he can't do anything about it. 

I'm wondering if there isn't some truth to that. The amount of vitriol he's spewing is going beyond a guy who's pissed and trying to get revenge on the network that fired him. This seems way more personal. 

• Love 4
Just now, BitterApple said:

I'm wondering if there isn't some truth to that. The amount of vitriol he's spewing is going beyond a guy who's pissed and trying to get revenge on the network that fired him. This seems way more personal. 

Derelict reminds me of the people like Ted Haggard and Larry Craig who condemn gay people and then get caught in flagrante delicto with someone of the same sex. 

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Betcha JimBlob is telling Dreck to STFU....and don't bring his bad karma and angry twit fumes to the wedding....

Dreck probably gets some negative People publicity from his latest attacks on Jazz...competing with Sia's and Lauren's People wedding  coverage....oops...

Boob must be bursting a blood vessel right now. The family finally gets on a roll with some positive press (JD courtship, JoKen baby, SiRen wedding) and here comes Picasso Face to blow it all to shit. 

• Love 24

I'm convinced TLC created the show Lost in Transition as an FU to Derdick's ignorance and constant attacks on Jazz. I've watched the show a few times and it looks heavily scripted but it's pretty informative.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

This is what I'm thinking as well.  He doth protest too much about Jazz.

5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Boob must be bursting a blood vessel right now. The family finally gets on a roll with some positive press (JD courtship, JoKen baby, SiRen wedding) and here comes Picasso Face to blow it all to shit. 

Yup, Jessa probably is as well, Smugger is probably thinking, Thank God he's taking the heat off of me, while he sneaks out to get a tray of chicken wings at the nearest Hooters.  Jilly Bean is frantically calling Mama to ask for more recipes to post, while JD is telling Abbie, it's ok we pretty much ignore him when he comes around, so don't worry that you'll have to be nice to him, or Smugger.  

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

In all fairness to Derick, I will say that the mainstreaming of transgender individuals has happened VERY quickly, and he's a conservative person who doesn't like change. That having been said, however, the only thing he needs to do is shut up. I can understand being confused by transgender people. I can understand wondering if this is a teenage "phase" that a child will outgrow -- it's impossible for someone who hasn't experience gender dysmorphia to really understand what that individual is experiencing. I get all of that, and yet he just needs to shut up. No one cares what he thinks. He has no personal experience with this issue. He is not being harmed -- or affected in any way. He has nothing to add to this conversation except his own fear, and he needs to find something better to do with his time. I find it hard to believe that his adviser in his Cross Church program isn't trying to steer him in a more positive direction. He certainly isn't winning any converts to Christ with his hostile, mean-spirited, and fearful tweets.

I'm not sure what you mean by the mainstreaming of transgender individuals happened very quickly.

I'm a white hetero female and apply the same understanding of differences between myself others whether it's race, gender, sexual orientation, culture, etc. I don't feel that applying a grace period of learning to understand an entire population of folks is anyone's right, and openly opposing folks that differ from oneself contributes prejudice, oppression, marginalization, division, etc.

In instances like this, I personally don't see an issue of fairness pertaining to Derick or anyone who Tweets to the world that supporting a transgender child or being a gay parent is child abuse.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 17

Interesting that he referenced a PEOPLE article and not TLC.

Many of the comments point out what is seen as child abuse in the Duggar family, and a few mention the crying swaddled Israel.

I just don’t get Derick’s thought process. Sometimes we say things in face to face conversations that we wish we hadn’t. This man actually types it out, presumably reads it, and still chooses to hit “post”. The only positive, for me is, he doesn’t hide his bullshit.

• Love 6

I wonder if Derick's comments have something to do with his issues with TLC.  He and Jill got kicked off the show due to his first comments about Jazz.  He knows that those comments get major traction.  He's pissed that the rest of the Duggars (minus Josh) are still getting paid by the evil TLC so he continues these attacks on Jazz hoping that TLC will cut the entire family loose.  I think there's some "if TLC won't have me, they shouldn't have any Duggars" mentality going on.

Most likely, the issue is that Derick is a miserable ass married to a "bill of goods" sold to him by JB, Since he doesn't know how to be a mature adult, he's striking out like a teenage Mean Girl.

• Love 11

Derick really shot himself in the foot re TLC with his attacks on Jazz.  He married into the Duggars to get easy money and to follow his dream of living "overseas" and preaching his version of the gospel to "heathens".  None of that has worked out, so he's bitterly doubling down.  I shudder to think of what goes on in that home, with Jill trying to appease him, while the kids take a backseat to their parent's issues.  

• Love 16
(edited)

I don't think any of the SILs married the Duggar daughters solely for money or fame, however, I think both Ben & Derick were naive in the fact that marrying into the Duggars didn't provide them with the platform they thought they were getting. 

The Duggars have always used their tagline of "doing things differently" as a way of staying likable to many. The only time they would shout out their beliefs in a way that might be perceived as offensive or opposing to others were in political ways, with groups of like minded folks. Michelle's robocall stepped out of the box slightly.

I think Derick and Ben thought their beliefs were shared by more people then not and joining the Duggars would allow them to finally be heard by the masses and they could "save" the world in one fell swoop. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7

Ben was definitely physically attracted to Jessa, so I think that was his main reason for pursuing her.  In addition to being "hot" she also fit the role of "godly wife".  And while I agree that Derick thought marrying into the Duggars would give him a platform for his ministry, I do think he was attracted to what he hoped would be easy money and some fame.  I don't think Derick cared at first, which daughter he might get.  He knows now that he's stuck and the money is not coming easily and the fame (due to his negative nature) has to be disappointing at this point.  I really don't think much of Derick.  Who knows, though?  He might not be such a bad person today if he hadn't sought out the Duggars.  Perhaps he'd have quietly married someone more his type, like his brother did.  Though the seeds of not really working for a living were already there when he was marking time in Nepal.  He may just be one of those people who loves being a student, but never quite launches when it comes to having a career.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Heathen said:

Derelict reminds me of the people like Ted Haggard and Larry Craig who condemn gay people and then get caught in flagrante delicto with someone of the same sex. 

Yep.  Dillweed is likely to end up like Mr. Family Values (Craig) or that mayor from (I think) Spokane, some years ago.  Too much judgement in other people's business, is just plain stupid.

• Love 2

His focus on Jazz, and on the children of Nate and Jeremiah is unsettling. Like he is hyper focused on the children, but to my knowledge he’s said NOTHING about the people on TLC’s other show, Lost in Transition? I don’t believe for a second that he is actually genuinely concerned for the kids (not that there is any need for concern...Jazz and N&J’s kids are FINE). He can’t stand up to actual adults, apparently? Needs an easier target? I hate him.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Meliskee1 said:

His focus on Jazz, and on the children of Nate and Jeremiah is unsettling. Like he is hyper focused on the children, but to my knowledge he’s said NOTHING about the people on TLC’s other show, Lost in Transition? 

Based on this and other comments he's made, perhaps he has a subconscious hatred of children?

• Love 11
11 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

In all fairness to Derick, I will say that the mainstreaming of transgender individuals has happened VERY quickly, and he's a conservative person who doesn't like change.

I don't see the mainstreaming of transgender people to have happened quickly at all.  I met my first person in transition over four DECADES ago.  I have to say that Derick's attitude and attacks would have stood out as extremely bigoted then so they are shocking now.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Ok...hold on..I've been looking for something all morning and can't find it. You know what it Is? ANYONE WHO ASKED DOUCHEBAG'S OPINION!! Nope, no one asked you so shut your foolish, distorted mouth. She's recuperating from surgery, it's done now. You could have wished her a good recovery, but no, you probably wished she would have some sort of complication. You are a horrible low life piece of shit. Karma is coming for you.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 24
15 hours ago, Heathen said:

I wonder if Dreck, in his tone deaf clueless way, is trying to set himself apart from the other Cross students and get the attention of church elders. From his Linkedin profile it's obvious he desperately wants to claim he's an employee of Cross (liar!!).  As other posters have said, he's merely parroting what similar minds say behind closed doors.

Is Dreck so stupid to think that having the balls to say this crap in public is a positive and admirable thing likely to get him a job and/or gain  favor with chuch high ups?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

What Jazz Jennings does or doesn't do simply isn't any of Derick's business.

You could also argue that what Derick Dillard does is none of our business, but the fact is Jazz and Derick have both put themselves firmly in the public eye and they both have to expect people to have and express unflattering, hurtful opinions. 

That said, I think Derick is a blithering fool who is obsessed with LGBTQ-related issues and can’t help himself from making scathing comments. He doesn’t seem to understand “you catch more flies with honey” when it comes to befriending others. Why would any gay or transgender person want to be a Christian if all they see of Jesus is Derick’s hateful ranting?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Based on this and other comments he's made, perhaps he has a subconscious hatred of children?

I wouldn't say Jazz (or any other late teenager) is a child. 

11 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I wonder if Dreck, in his tone deaf clueless way, is trying to set himself apart from the other Cross students and get the attention of church elders. From his Linkedin profile it's obvious he desperately wants to claim he's an employee of Cross (liar!!).  As other posters have said, he's merely parroting what similar minds say behind closed doors.

Is Dreck so stupid to think that having the balls to say this crap in public is a positive and admirable thing likely to get him a job and/or gain  favor with chuch high ups?

Derelict has been a dick since long before he started the Cross program, though. 

• Love 4

Dreck was sold a bill of goods by JimBlob...and he is bitterly resentful.

He erroneously assumed his future wife had a couple of brain cells to rub together to learn conversational Spanish...nope, she is barely functionally literate in English so Spanish is beyond her capacity.

Jill was built up as a midwife in training...but she couldn't muster up the brain power to get certified in Lay Midwifery....

Dreck has a wife that loves him but he is aggrieved,annoyed and holds a giant grudge against the Duggs because he was duped....

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Is it wrong to hope Derelick is reincarnated and comes back as a transgender bisexual person growing up in something like a Pagan or a Muslim household?  Right, grabbing beer to go to the prayer closet.

I love you. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Is it wrong to hope Derelick is reincarnated and comes back as a transgender bisexual person growing up in something like a Pagan or a Muslim household?  Right, grabbing beer to go to the prayer closet.

It might be more wrong to hope he's reincarnated and comes back as a transgender bisexual person growing up in a FUNDIE household. So he can know what it's like to be truly discriminated against/persecuted, rather than his fake idea of persecution.

• Love 20
On 6/29/2018 at 9:37 PM, Heathen said:

Perhaps Derek once met a trans woman who he thought was attractive. He did go to college and traveled... maybe Derek thinks that makes him gay . 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Derick isn't you, though, he's a fundie rube from Arkansas. I've known transgender people for many years. The reality that I have seen is that the transgender community has been (at best) ignored, and more often marginalized or harassed since long before I was born. It's only been in the last few years that I've seen transgender individuals being accepted into the mainstream -- issues regarding bathrooms in grade schools are taken seriously and discussed. Issues regarding pronouns are acknowledged and respected (to some degree).

It's been more than 150 since emancipation, and African Americans are still struggling for their basic human rights. It's been nearly 100 years since women won the right to vote, and we are still struggling for equal pay, and basic human dignity. It's been 50 years since Stonewall, and gay and lesbian individuals are able to live more openly, but they are far from being accepted as full-fledged human beings by a large segment of the population. I have only seen transgender issues being addressed at all by society at large for a few years. In my opinion, the needle has moved very quickly, and acceptance of transgendered people has moved very quickly since the issue has become part of the national public consciousness.

For someone like Derick, who still isn't ready to accept the basic humanity of gay people, the fact that he's simply been left behind and told that that's a done deal and he now has to accept transgender people, it's a lot to assimilate. I'm willing to give him that. My point was that he can go an sit by himself and process the reality of life for as long as necessary, but he should just shut up. I find electricity confusing, that's my problem. Electricity doesn't cease to exist because I don't really understand how it works and, if I sat around writing dumb-ass tweets about how it can't be real because I don't get it -- well, I would be well advised if someone told me to just shut up.

While I don't even begin to let Derick off the hook, there is some truth to this idea. I work with twelve-year-olds and I recently showed them "Hairspray"

Kids (on seeing Edna Turnblat): Wait, is that a man?

Me: Yes, it's John Travolta

Kids: Oh. Is she transgender?

Me: Ummm... no... it's a tradition for that part to be played by a man... because...umm...

I felt a little awful (and a little proud of the kidlets), because I really do try to be better at positive LGBTQ+ depictions, but that movie only came out in 2007. So in 11 years we've gone from that being a perfectly normal joke to not quite appropriate. The answer of course, DERICK, isn't to get all over twitter and attack my kids or society for being aware of trans people, it's to try to be more open about fixing your own blind spots or, at the very least "Judge not less ye be judged".

• Love 10
(edited)
On 6/30/2018 at 6:51 AM, cdp73 said:

I wonder if Derick's comments have something to do with his issues with TLC.  He and Jill got kicked off the show due to his first comments about Jazz.  He knows that those comments get major traction.  He's pissed that the rest of the Duggars (minus Josh) are still getting paid by the evil TLC so he continues these attacks on Jazz hoping that TLC will cut the entire family loose.  I think there's some "if TLC won't have me, they shouldn't have any Duggars" mentality going on.

Most likely, the issue is that Derick is a miserable ass married to a "bill of goods" sold to him by JB, Since he doesn't know how to be a mature adult, he's striking out like a teenage Mean Girl.

I think you are on the right track. I wonder if, by attacking Jazz and Nate & Jeremiah, he isn't also calling out the Duggars for doing business with TLC who promotes these "sinners" on TV.  Derick probably justifies his getting fired by thinking that he wouldn't want to be associated with TLC anyway since their programs are counter to his values, and JB is just a hypocrite. Derick thinks he is so much better of a Christian than the rest of the Duggars because he's no longer associated with TLC. 

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I think you are on the right track. I wonder if, by attacking Jazz and Nate & Jeremiah, he isn't also calling out the Duggars for doing business with TLC who promotes these "sinners" on TV.  Derick probably justifies his getting fired by thinking that he wouldn't want to be associated with TLC anyway since their programs are counter to his values, and JB is just a hypocrite. Derick thinks he is so much better of a Christian than the rest of the Duggars because he's no longer associated with TLC. 

So, he now associates himself with YouTube.  I guarantee there is much more LGBT content on YouTube than on TLC.  Derick is full of sour grapes and always comes across as a phony hypocrite.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Derick isn't you, though, he's a fundie rube from Arkansas. I've known transgender people for many years. The reality that I have seen is that the transgender community has been (at best) ignored, and more often marginalized or harassed since long before I was born. It's only been in the last few years that I've seen transgender individuals being accepted into the mainstream -- issues regarding bathrooms in grade schools are taken seriously and discussed. Issues regarding pronouns are acknowledged and respected (to some degree).

It's been more than 150 since emancipation, and African Americans are still struggling for their basic human rights. It's been nearly 100 years since women won the right to vote, and we are still struggling for equal pay, and basic human dignity. It's been 50 years since Stonewall, and gay and lesbian individuals are able to live more openly, but they are far from being accepted as full-fledged human beings by a large segment of the population. I have only seen transgender issues being addressed at all by society at large for a few years. In my opinion, the needle has moved very quickly, and acceptance of transgendered people has moved very quickly since the issue has become part of the national public consciousness.

For someone like Derick, who still isn't ready to accept the basic humanity of gay people, the fact that he's simply been left behind and told that that's a done deal and he now has to accept transgender people, it's a lot to assimilate. I'm willing to give him that. My point was that he can go an sit by himself and process the reality of life for as long as necessary, but he should just shut up. I find electricity confusing, that's my problem. Electricity doesn't cease to exist because I don't really understand how it works and, if I sat around writing dumb-ass tweets about how it can't be real because I don't get it -- well, I would be well advised if someone told me to just shut up.

I agree! While people have been trans forever, and surgery had existed for decades, it's only now coming into acceptability in the mainstream. When I was growing up, we had one transgender m to f in town. I didn't know her personally, but she worked at a local store. She was regarded as a total weirdo, and the butt of constant jokes. Her transition seemed freakily experimental, and honestly taboo. Nobody liked to even think about it beyond the surface level, because we found it disturbing. Now, people definitely wouldn't react that way. When I saw shows like I Am Jazz, I personally started to understand better that it's a legitimate brain disorder, and perfectly viable lifestyle that can lead to happiness just like being cis can. Jazz also shows it's not the freaks of society, but can happen in normal families (I think the trans person I knew growing up would have been strange and kind of creepy regardless of transition, very unlike jazz). Most of us growing up probably didn't think too hard about the transgender community's experience or reasons for transitioning, or that people could easily pass, as Jazz does. Now, some of that could be that I, and many of my peers, developed empathy as adults that we didn't have as children and teens. However, I went to school with many gay people, and that was totally normalized at the time. We felt empathy for our gay friends, and would have beat someone up in a second if someone bullied them! I think if transgender issues had been out there at that time, we would have accepted them too. We were theatre kids, after all!

transgender isn't new, but its acceptance in society as a valid lifestyle choice definitely is! Sadly, there are some people who are way behind the curve. Most of us educate ourselves and try to understand/empathize when something starts heading mainstream, but some people, like the Dullards, choose to willfully keep their heads in the sand. 

• Love 10