Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, queenanne said:

But, are these good starts on the finished prospect? I should think the prevailing idea of starting children off on Bible verses would be to, well, pick kid-friendly ones.  Ones with short punchy words, and strong images that will stick in their heads (like the Psalms' "the hills leap for joy like the ram" - may not be the exact phrasing, but it's close), and euphonious mouth sounds.  I mean, look at Christian kid songs from the same age frame (Jesus Loves Me, Arky Arky, Father Abraham, etc.).  These are simple, repetitious sing-songy verbal images that aid memorization.

When my two older kids were about four & six, I think (may have been a year later) there was a Vacation Bible School going in the neighborhood. It was just a few hours a couple of times a week, if I recall. Mr. Jyn & I were both raised Catholic, where such things were not really the norm, but we figured they might have fun, plus it was free and got them out from underfoot for a little while.

They did actually seem to enjoy it well enough, but the younger one came home gleefully spouting "All have Sinned!" (plus whatever the chapter and verse were). The older one did the same with the slightly more complete, "All have Sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God!". They didn't stop repeating those lines around the house for the rest of the week. 

That was the last time we did that! What a rotten thing to instill into little minds right out of the gate!

Anyway, no real harm was done. While the oldest does retain a little bit of religious feeling (he's the only one who still goes to church once in a while), the younger one is firmly atheist, as is the youngest who was still too tiny to be subjected to it at the time. I just can't cope with the notion of rubbing the idea that they are all irredeemable sinners into innocent minds!

• Love 20
11 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I just couldn't.  I started the video and it was so awful, I had to quit.  That said, if he needed a drink, why didn't she stop the video and then start a new one once Izzy was ready?

I won't watch the video at all because I know I will have the same reaction.

I want to guess Jill's next recipe:

Take two pieces of bread.  Put peanut butter on one piece of bread and grape jelly on other piece of bread.  Put the two pieces together.  Enjoy!

• Love 19
14 hours ago, HooHooHoo said:

I teach preschool and speak 3 year old  pretty fluently. I couldn’t understand a word he said (other than “I need a drink “). I would refer him for a speech evaluation if he was in my class. He clearly has no idea what he is saying either. 

I've worked with kids for many many years and understand 3 year old speak as well. Not Izzy though, that was truly painful and that poor poor child. How about posting a video of him reciting an easy nursery rhyme or his ABC's or counting to 10? That was truly awful and no child should have to memorize any Bible verse at that age of 3, let alone that one. I would like to hear him say his ABC's to see just how bad his speech is.

I won't post videos of the children I have watched, but the last one I watched I have video of reciting The Pledge Of Allegiance(they said it in pre-school every morning) at the age of 3 perfectly and completely understandable. Makes me think Izzy may have some speech issues.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I've worked with kids for many many years and understand 3 year old speak as well. Not Izzy though, that was truly painful and that poor poor child. How about posting a video of him reciting an easy nursery rhyme or his ABC's or counting to 10? That was truly awful and no child should have to memorize any Bible verse at that age of 3, let alone that one. I would like to hear him say his ABC's to see just how bad his speech is.

I won't post videos of the children I have watched, but the last one I watched I have video of reciting The Pledge Of Allegiance(they said it in pre-school every morning) at the age of 3 perfectly and completely understandable. Makes me think Izzy may have some speech issues.

There are a few snippets of him talking here and there...I've seen people comment on how good his speech actually is for his age, and I would more or less agree. But,  as others have said, this Bible verse is just so much noise to him that he can't grasp the meaning of, so he's just trying to parrot it by rote. The few phrases in there which more resemble everyday English he says clearly enough. 

It doesn't sound as though he's been working on it all that long either...I would think that a three year old in preschool, after going through the Pledge of Allegiance every morning for a few months might well have an easier time than Izzy appears to have in the video. The Pledge is considerably shorter, at least, than Izzy's Bible verse, so even if it has it's share of words they would not be familiar with, I'd think it would prove easier. I get the feeling that they have spent a couple of weeks trying to cram it into his mind, and couldn't wait to show him off even though his grasp of the whole thing was tenuous at best.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

There are a few snippets of him talking here and there...I've seen people comment on how good his speech actually is for his age, and I would more or less agree. But,  as others have said, this Bible verse is just so much noise to him that he can't grasp the meaning of, so he's just trying to parrot it by rote. The few phrases in there which more resemble everyday English he says clearly enough. 

It doesn't sound as though he's been working on it all that long either...I would think that a three year old in preschool, after going through the Pledge of Allegiance every morning for a few months might well have an easier time than Izzy appears to have in the video. The Pledge is considerably shorter, at least, than Izzy's Bible verse, so even if it has it's share of words they would not be familiar with, I'd think it would prove easier. I get the feeling that they have spent a couple of weeks trying to cram it into his mind, and couldn't wait to show him off even though his grasp of the whole thing was tenuous at best.

I did hear those snippets, but what you have said is why I would love to hear him recite something simpler, like the ABC's or a simple nursery rhyme or a much easier Bible verse. It makes me sad to think that this what they want to teach him to memorize and why the hell that verse? Makes me wonder how many more videos of Bible verses we'll get to see.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, awaken said:

And what on earth does she mean by #neveragain?  I’m offended that she’d use that when they’re blatantly opposed to the whole idea. 

Especially because before #neveragain was used for school shootings it was used in Holocaust remembrance...when Jews, Catholics, and those trans and gay people Derrick hates so much were being rounded up and killed. 

• Love 18
57 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I did hear those snippets, but what you have said is why I would love to hear him recite something simpler, like the ABC's or a simple nursery rhyme or a much easier Bible verse. It makes me sad to think that this what they want to teach him to memorize and why the hell that verse? Makes me wonder how many more videos of Bible verses we'll get to see.

A nursery rhyme or the ABC's would not be Jesus centered.  Can't have them mention anything unless it has to do with god.

• Love 1
(edited)

That's why he's so cryptic about his "job". It's because it's an unpaid internship. I bet they pay the rest of their necessities with Boob's money and leftover money from their Dillard Ministry grifting.

" Internships are typically the “grunt-work” of ministry, things like picking up pizzas, hauling chairs, making copies, etc. While you are never “too good” to ever do any of these things, the Cross Church School of Ministry is designed to offer you a true-to-life ministry experience for one-year that goes far above and beyond any internship. You will effectively be functioning as another staff person of Cross Church under the mentorship of a seasoned Cross Church minister. You will attend upper level staff meetings, deal with budget issues, develop and do ministry in context, etc. And if you mess-up and fall, you will have a safety net—something you would not have if you were out on your own. Our goal is to get you into full-time vocational ministry, but not until you are ready. And getting ready means one year with us! "

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 6

@louannems

Thanks for finding that.  That information makes a lot of sense on what they heck Derick does all day...a lot of nothing.

As a side note, that program sounds like complete bull shit nonsense with no formal instruction.  Perfect for Derick. 

• Love 18
17 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Really? this is the verse she chooses for a toddler? Good grief. 

Yikes! I agree! 

1 hour ago, Normades said:

A nursery rhyme or the ABC's would not be Jesus centered.  Can't have them mention anything unless it has to do with god.

Surely there are cute little rhymes that are Christian. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Lunera said:

That's why he's so cryptic about his "job". It's because it's an unpaid internship. I bet they pay the rest of their necessities with Boob's money and leftover money from their Dillard Ministry grifting.

" Internships are typically the “grunt-work” of ministry, things like picking up pizzas, hauling chairs, making copies, etc. While you are never “too good” to ever do any of these things, the Cross Church School of Ministry is designed to offer you a true-to-life ministry experience for one-year that goes far above and beyond any internship. You will effectively be functioning as another staff person of Cross Church under the mentorship of a seasoned Cross Church minister. You will attend upper level staff meetings, deal with budget issues, develop and do ministry in context, etc. And if you mess-up and fall, you will have a safety net—something you would not have if you were out on your own. Our goal is to get you into full-time vocational ministry, but not until you are ready. And getting ready means one year with us! "

Pick up pizzas?  I'm in church (United Methodist) just about every Sunday, and we never get pizza.  Doesn't Jesus love us?  Pizza communion may get more backsides in our pews.

• Love 19
16 hours ago, MamaMax said:

how cute would a verse or two of "This little light of mine" be??

So would Jesus Loves The Little Children.  Especially since the part about, "Red, brown, yellow, black, and white, they are precious in His sight." would make Dillweed's head explode.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Abmis said:

So would Jesus Loves The Little Children.  Especially since the part about, "Red, brown, yellow, black, and white, they are precious in His sight." would make Dillweed's head explode.

When my nephew was small he learned this song in Sunday School (Lutheran, not fundy).  When he sang it for me he sang "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world.  Red and yellow, black and (pause) BLUE, they are precious in His sight (etc)    It was pretty cute.  Every time I hear this song it makes me smile.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

A whole bottle of Liquid smoke on brisket? Oh God no.   Obviously she hasn't found the amazing wonderfulness that is Claudes Sauce. That's how you do a brisket. 

You made me look!  I may have to try some of that stuff.  I am one who does not like the flavor liquid smoke gives.  Maybe the food I ate with it had too much but I didn't like it.  I thought you were supposed to use just a little.  A whole bottle seems like overkill.  But I don't cook with it so I don't know.  That trademarked recipe for the ice cream and 7-Up?  They felt the need to make that a recipe you need to get permission to use?  Really?  aiyiyi

• Love 9

So, on Twitter:

The padlock symbol on Twitter indicates an account that is protected. Tweets from protected accounts cannot be viewed unless you have been approved to view them. Businesses and individual users can choose to protect their tweets to limit the number of people who can access them.

Jill’s does not have the lock, as of now.

85634DC9-4BE7-4E23-9829-2C5A4A248D50.png

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So, on Twitter:

The padlock symbol on Twitter indicates an account that is protected. Tweets from protected accounts cannot be viewed unless you have been approved to view them. Businesses and individual users can choose to protect their tweets to limit the number of people who can access them.

Jill’s does not have the lock, as of now.

85634DC9-4BE7-4E23-9829-2C5A4A248D50.png

What a wienie!  He obviously cannot take the heat coming back at him for being such a douchebag.

• Love 9
(edited)

So Derdick put his Twitter on private? I wonder who made him do it. I never followed him just occasionally checked on it, now I can't view anything. He'll probably start blocking everyone who challenged him in the comments, so that he can have only receive nice, approving comments under his foolish tweets. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I'm way more familiar with his face than I want to be. Literally the first thought in my head when I saw  this was, "that's a mirror image...His teeth are shifted the wrong way". The "I voted" sticker only confirmed it.

• Love 8
(edited)

Good Lord, is that guy gonna have braces until he's 50?! It's been over three years now. How is there no obvious improvement in his teeth? They're still shifted way too far to the left.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Totally said:

What is liquid smoke?

It's a flavoring/meat tenderizer. It's one of those things where TRULY, a few drops will do. Using an entire bottle is just barftastic, like using a cup of salt when a recipe calls for half a teaspoon. 

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, Lunera said:

So Derdick put his Twitter on private? I wonder who made him do it. I never followed him just occasionally checked on it, now I can't view anything. He'll probably start blocking everyone who challenged him in the comments, so that he can have only receive nice, approving comments under his foolish tweets. 

I can still see posts and replies up to yesterday's horrible Izzy display. If he's posted today, I can't see it. I do see the locks next to his older posts, so it seems to be all or nothing, not retroactive to the date he set the lock. 

8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can still see posts and replies up to yesterday's horrible Izzy display. If he's posted today, I can't see it. I do see the locks next to his older posts, so it seems to be all or nothing, not retroactive to the date he set the lock. 

I think I'm blocked. I called him out on the whole hospital birthing thing.

Screenshot_20180523-123625.jpg

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Derick's move on Twitter reads to me as he is now in the job market.  Looks like he will not be getting a paid position at Cross Church after completing his program. 

For someone who's trying to save people via social media rants, locking his twitter account is a strange move. It probably is job-related somehow.

• Love 2

And Jill continues.....

Walker Creamy Burritos

May 23, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

Oh my goodness! These burritos are SOOOOO yummy and don’t require many ingredients! They’re perfect for church potlucks or get togethers since you can make them ahead of time and just throw them in the oven. This recipe comes from our friends, the Walker family (hence the name). Prepare to be delighted!

Makes one 9×13″ pan

Sauce:

3 cans cream of mushroom soup

1/2 C sour cream

1 1/4 C milk (or heavy whipping cream)

Burritos:

12 (8 inch) flour tortillas

2 lbs ground turkey

1/4 cup taco seasoning

1 (16 oz.) can refried beans

Topping:

1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×13″ pan. Mix together soup, sour cream and milk. Pour one cup of sauce in bottom of pan. Brown ground turkey. Drain. Add taco seasoning with 2/3 cup water and simmer 10-15 min. (or until most of liquid is gone). Mix cooked meat with refried beans. Portion about 1/2 cup scoops of filling onto tortillas. Fold tortillas “burrito style” and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce over top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 5-10 min.

CF144ADE-A8BE-455E-A52C-8E92DA55DA86.jpeg

Slow Cooker “Baked” Potatoes

May 23, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

Baked potatoes are delicious, but sometimes you’d rather throw them in the slow cooker and not have to worry about them while you’re gone.

10 or so small/medium potatoes

olive oil (if desired)

garlic salt (if desired)

Scrub and rinse potatoes. Poke several times with fork. Rub outside of potato with olive oil (or leave plain) and sprinkle with garlic salt (optional). Wrap in aluminum foil. “Bake” in slow cooker for 8 hrs on low or 5 hrs on high (or until tender…depends on the size of your potatoes!).

D4AE9FA1-19FB-433D-B5D5-8CC74819ACC4.jpeg

• Love 1

I'm dubious about any adult woman who uses the words "yummy" or "tummy" except when speaking to children. Jill, grow up and learn to speak and cook properly. Those "burritos" look like slop. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I won't watch the video at all because I know I will have the same reaction.

I want to guess Jill's next recipe:

Take two pieces of bread.  Put peanut butter on one piece of bread and grape jelly on other piece of bread.  Put the two pieces together.  Enjoy!

Don't forget the copyright!

• Love 13

Yuck! Why does she keep posting these strange, bland looking recipes. They're random recipes that she never even cooks, so why is she adding them to her blog? Whitney Bates purchased the Joanna Gaines cookbook and posted her results. Why can't Jill think of that? Why can't she even attempt to make the recipes she steals from other websites? She sucks.

Screenshot_20180523-142023-720x1280-540x960.png.90e816cdfe92b5128a340b218ab200f4.png

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Normades said:

Is the use of ground turkey in those god-awful recipes supposed to make them healthy??  Seriously, they're using heavy cream and canned soup, just go with the beef because the ground turkey ain't gonna save you from the heart attack!!  I just shake my head.

In our stores, there are several different ground turkey options.  Some is made only from skinless, breast meat and is only 1% fat.  It's extremely lean.

Then there is ground turkey that is essentially mostly skin and all dark meat and is extremely greasy and cheap.  That's probably what the Duggars eat.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 3

That is not a burrito recipe, why must they add cream of whatever soup to everything? I assume the picture was used without permission because Jilly Clingy can’t plate worth jack. Whitney on the other hand does know how to plate, and it seems she actually knows how to cook.

• Love 11