Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

I don't think Derrick is mentally ill, I think he's just an asshole. 

I don't think Derick is mentally ill in the classic sense; he's not depressed or bipolar or schizophrenic, for example.  However, he clearly has a personality disorder which leads to some very bizarre behavior on his part.

From the Mayo Clinic's website:  

A personality disorder is a type of mental disorder in which you have a rigid and unhealthy pattern of thinking, functioning and behaving. A person with a personality disorder has trouble perceiving and relating to situations and people. This causes significant problems and limitations in relationships, social activities, work and school.

In some cases, you may not realize that you have a personality disorder because your way of thinking and behaving seems natural to you. And you may blame others for the challenges you face.

Personality disorders usually begin in the teenage years or early adulthood. There are many types of personality disorders. Some types may become less obvious throughout middle age.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

From the Mayo Clinic's website:  

A personality disorder is a type of mental disorder in which you have a rigid and unhealthy pattern of thinking, functioning and behaving. A person with a personality disorder has trouble perceiving and relating to situations and people. This causes significant problems and limitations in relationships, social activities, work and school.

In some cases, you may not realize that you have a personality disorder because your way of thinking and behaving seems natural to you. And you may blame others for the challenges you face.

Personality disorders usually begin in the teenage years or early adulthood. There are many types of personality disorders. Some types may become less obvious throughout middle age.

Yes, I've known a few people over the years with professionally diagnosed personality disorders. I don't know that it's fair to Dx someone you don't know based on his internet/SM postings. I think it's totally fair to Dx someone as an asshole based on those things though. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Yes, I've known a few people over the years with professionally diagnosed personality disorders. I don't know that it's fair to Dx someone you don't know based on his internet/SM postings. I think it's totally fair to Dx someone as an asshole based on those things though. 

Preach. 

• Love 6

I think Derick hates that he's not on the show anymore and this is his way of staying in the mix. He can't possibly be this stupid to think people are believing any of this when it was very clearly documented that Jill was planning a home birth from jump. If that wasn't the case, why was she going to midwife appointments at that dilapidated shack when lay midwives don't have hospital privileges? Part of me feels like he's trolling to stay relevant.

• Love 14

I personally think that Derrick was always one of the geeky kids who was on the sidelines at school. He probably had one or two friends, but wasn’t in the “popular” group in high school. He thought being the school mascot was the best thing ever in college, and loved the adoring crowds (who were cheering for the team, not for Derrick personally). 

Marrying into the Duggar fundy royalty, he got to experience being seen on tv and having “fans” (again, not HIS fans). His children take the spotlight away from him. He has tasted a form of fame and wants more of it. Unfortunately, his anctics got him kicked off the show. 

He desperately wants fame and respect. He just doesn’t want  to work for it.

• Love 13

So much for his pinned tweeet; stand by your convictions Derelict. He obviously has it out for TLC instead of taking responsibility for his foolish actions. If it’s JB he is mad at then retrieve your testicles and talk to the man. The problem with Derelict is that his downward spiral is someone else’s fault. He was caught lying, again, so he deletes the tweets. He reminds me of Jacob Roloff when he refused to cooperate with TLC filming. Jacob complained about scripted situations, and later on about not getting the money he had earned from age eight. He even talked about how they tried to bribe him with 16th birthday party with a fancy one for his friends and one for the show. When he rebelled he was 16. Jacob was also filmed against his will for almost ten years. As a minor he had no recourse, Derelict does not have that excuse. His kids do though.

• Love 7
(edited)

Jill is doing sponsored ads now but forgot to mention it in her post. I'm pretty sure you can get in trouble for that. I guess someone has to bring in some money and it not her #besthubbyever. I looked at the website and they have pretty expensive stuff.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 8

Notice the protein is optional.....

My mom got this recipe from a friend many years ago. It’s so easy and can be made with fettuccine noodles or spaghetti noodles (that’s how we ate it most of the time growing up).

1 qt. heavy whipping cream

1 stick butter

1 container (8oz.) parmesan cheese

1 lb. noodles (spaghetti or fettuccine), cooked, drained

Grilled chicken (optional)

In a large pot, warm sweet whipping cream and butter until butter is melted. Turn off heat and blend in parmesan cheese. Cover and let stand till thickened. Stir in cooked noodles and let stand. Add chicken (optional). Salt to taste. Enjoy!

7B8F96A0-97CE-482F-B451-02A67E540FA3.jpeg

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My mom got this recipe from a friend many years ago. It’s so easy and can be made with fettuccine noodles or spaghetti noodles (that’s how we ate it most of the time growing up).

1 stick butter

In a large pot, warm sweet whipping cream and butter until butter is melted. Turn off heat and blend in parmesan cheese. Cover and let stand till thickened. Stir in cooked noodles and let stand. Add chicken (optional). Salt to taste. Enjoy!

At least she used her own photo...I hope. Unless there’s someone else who’s a paper plate aficionado who’s trying to launch a lifestyle blog. Their 1/4 ass attempt  at this is highly amusing though. 

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jill is doing sponsored ads now but forgot to mention it in her post. I'm pretty sure you can get in trouble for that. 

Jill is in violation of the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTC) and could be prosecuted if a complaint is made to the FTC.  It is illegal to receive commissions as an online affiliate without a Truth in Advertising disclosure so that the public is aware.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking#affiliateornetwork

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/audio-video/video/how-file-complaint-federal-trade-commission

Jill has no idea what she is doing when she attempts to make money online.  This is just like all the photographs she stole to post with her recipes.  (She is still using the photos of others without their permission.  Just because she now discloses the source of the stolen photos does not give her permission to use them.)

This is just another item in a long list of deceptions perpetrated by the Dillard duo.  Jill does not have the intelligence nor the education to make money online and is too lazy to invest the time to learn.  This is another lame attempt to generate income, like Jill's new business venture to sit with women in labor (Labor Sit) and play with her medical things, while she is not licensed as a lay midwife in Arkansas. 

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 24
26 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Why would any fashion company want to partner with Jill? To say she's fashion challenged is an understatement. 

The company will allow almost anybody to become an affiliate.  Jill will probably make about 8% commission on every purchase she generates.  This company markets to affiliates via Commission Junction (Conversant).  

https://signup.cj.com/member/signup/publisher/?cid=3337465#/branded?_k=75wrt1

• Love 2

With a limited time here at the computer I went to Jill's instagram account for a minute. I refrained from commenting, but I did see this post. "When Derick made my labor playlists . . . "

Interesting, in light of Derick's recent claim on Twitter, that her hospital deliveries were PLANNED. Those hospital C-SECTIONS. That "non-emergent" C-section where Izzy was breech and swimming in his feces, but it was all planned and not an emergency? I've heard he's deleted those tweets, I assume because even he could see what a rabbit hole he'd headed down with his "we PLANNED those hospital deliveries, those c-sections weren't emergencies, nothing to see here, move right along" lies. 

Also interesting in light of both her labors ending up with c-section deliveries, clearly an urgent high-risk delivery with Izzy, and the details about Sam's delivery being held tightly under wraps (although blabby Derick did post, and delete, a tweet about a long labor and emergency hospital deliver, if I recall correctly). 

So, isn't about time for her to be pregnant again?

Here's the post:

5b042b62b9abd_ScreenShot2018-05-22at8_32_05AM.thumb.png.f6a753b6eec3baaf9527ba1931a74f27.png

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t want to click on it, but just from what is shown, would Jill buy anything? What are the company’s values? Has Derick checked them out?

They would never purchase anything from there. It's womens handbags and accessories and everything seems to start at over $100+. If they are getting 8% commission that's a nice chunk of change for these prices but this isn't the type of stuff her followers go for. I've seen many people on IG get sponsored by Thread Up, which is an online thrift store. That seems right up their alley and they would have generated tons of interest on their site, considering how much they preach about buying used.

I think it's hilarious people in the comments think she got hacked. 

Screenshot_20180522-074145.jpg

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

With a limited time here at the computer I went to Jill's instagram account for a minute. I refrained from commenting, but I did see this post. "When Derick made my labor playlists . . . "

Interesting, in light of Derick's recent claim on Twitter, that her hospital deliveries were PLANNED. Those hospital C-SECTIONS. That "non-emergent" C-section where Izzy was breech and swimming in his feces, but it was all planned and not an emergency? I've heard he's deleted those tweets, I assume because even he could see what a rabbit hole he'd headed down with his "we PLANNED those hospital deliveries, those c-sections weren't emergencies, nothing to see here, move right along" lies. 

Also interesting in light of both her labors ending up with c-section deliveries, clearly an urgent high-risk delivery with Izzy, and the details about Sam's delivery being held tightly under wraps (although blabby Derick did post, and delete, a tweet about a long labor and emergency hospital deliver, if I recall correctly). 

So, isn't about time for her to be pregnant again?

Here's the post:

5b042b62b9abd_ScreenShot2018-05-22at8_32_05AM.thumb.png.f6a753b6eec3baaf9527ba1931a74f27.png

LOL, someone asked Miss Muffin to "look into cannabis oil xx."

Dillweed could use some MJ to kill that bug up his skinny ass.

• Love 13
(edited)
19 hours ago, Marigold said:

I popped in to see Derick's Mental Health Symptoms of the Day (aka Tweets) and I think this is THE MOST delusional we have ever seen him. 

I'm actually a little shocked and concerned.  It's one thing to embellish and slant things but these series of tweets are flat out lies.  The birth was documented on TV.  Jill was filmed talking about the home birth, ordered the birthing pool etc.  These are facts. 

I sincerely hope that Jill and Dreck are all done having babies.  I'm sure Jill would disagree, because producing only two children must be seen as the be-all, end-all of personal failings based on how she was raised.  But her difficult and dangerous births, coupled with her difficult and dangerous husband, does not bode well for Jill or any subsequent babies.

14 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I personally think that Derrick was always one of the geeky kids who was on the sidelines at school. He probably had one or two friends, but wasn’t in the “popular” group in high school. He thought being the school mascot was the best thing ever in college, and loved the adoring crowds (who were cheering for the team, not for Derrick personally). 

Marrying into the Duggar fundy royalty, he got to experience being seen on tv and having “fans” (again, not HIS fans). His children take the spotlight away from him. He has tasted a form of fame and wants more of it. Unfortunately, his anctics got him kicked off the show. 

He desperately wants fame and respect. He just doesn’t want  to work for it.

10000% agree with every word.

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1 stick butter

Oh, for crying out loud.  This is a basic, common recipe.  Next she'll be posting on how to put a hot dog in a pan of boiling water and then serve it on a bun.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Oh, for crying out loud.  This is a basic, common recipe.  Next she'll be posting on how to put a hot dog in a pan of boiling water and then serve it on a bun.

Wait...you're supposed to put the hot dog into BOILING water???  That must be what I'm doing wrong.  I sure hope her recipe gives instructions on how to boil the water.  Without that, I'll be lost with the rest of the process.

• Love 21
42 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Is Jill aware of the meaning of the never again hashtag?  I could have sworn that her headship had a problem with that movement. 

Do they ever speak against war or the death penalty?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if Jill got permission to post these pictures. There are 6, and in one she’s wearing a “BOYMOM” shirt:

Who is Aivah?  Are these pictures from DA?

• Love 2
On 5/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, graefin said:

Let's play a game. How many times can Jill Dillard exclaim "yay!" in one 2 minute, 45 second video? If you guessed 5, you'd be wrong. Go higher.

What a super lame ride!

• Love 4
(edited)

Given the age of the graduate,  I posit that Jill was at the delivery of the Graduate. The mother was a Leghumper, who Jill helped through labor, and Jill was named godmother. I don't think fundies have a godparent dedication given they just have the baby dedication.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

What a super lame ride!

Meh, it's on brand for Silver Dollar City--old-timey and homespun. Apparently this interactive ride is modeled on a grain silo. A little guy like Israel might enjoy imagining that it's his brute strength, and not his dad's, that is propelling them to the top. (Not that Derick's spaghetti arms are capable of much. That's where engineering comes in, I suppose.) 

The park has modern thrill rides, too.  https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Rides/The-High-Low-Silos

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, louannems said:

Well maybe Jill will get an idea from Aivah's mom and actually send Izzy to kindergarten!

Nope. Derelict has already discussed homeschool curricula, although not naming their choice.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Clean the stove Dillards!

We got this recipe from Mrs. Bond several years ago. She is the grandma of some dear friends of ours in Mississippi. It’s super easy and makes the whole house smell amazing when slow cooked!

1 Beef Brisket

1 (4oz.) bottle liquid smoke

1 bottle KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce

Place brisket in baking dish. Pour liquid smoke over. Let soak in fridge several hrs. Cover with foil and bake at 200 degrees till done (overnight), or at 350 degrees for several hours. After baking, pour off most of liquid smoke. Slice (if not pre-sliced). Cover with BBQ sauce and serve!

E3A44A61-517F-441D-8D4B-16351ED48C50.jpeg

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1 stick butter

Could that look more unappetizing?  And I love Alfredo. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

No, that would be Un-American.  I'm going to leave something from the Late, Great George Carlin that pretty much sums up Derrick and Jill's whole philosophy.

image.thumb.png.6a6249c85be604a516edab817249cad8.png

I absolutely LOVED George Carlin!  I remember being a small kid listening to his records with the headphones.  I was perhaps a bit young at the time but I will say he formed my snarky sense of humor!  Too bad he is not around these days to comment on DC happenings.

• Love 12
(edited)
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I would totally agree with that diagnosis. Totally. YAY!

I would make a diagnosis of male chauvinistic, ego maniac, narcissistic, narrow minded, small minded, racist bigot who is blowing a casket because he is not being taken seriously enough to feed his ego.

Edited by bigskygirl
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Clean the stove Dillards!

We got this recipe from Mrs. Bond several years ago. She is the grandma of some dear friends of ours in Mississippi. It’s super easy and makes the whole house smell amazing when slow cooked!

1 Beef Brisket

1 (4oz.) bottle liquid smoke

1 bottle KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce

Place brisket in baking dish. Pour liquid smoke over. Let soak in fridge several hrs. Cover with foil and bake at 200 degrees till done (overnight), or at 350 degrees for several hours. After baking, pour off most of liquid smoke. Slice (if not pre-sliced). Cover with BBQ sauce and serve!

E3A44A61-517F-441D-8D4B-16351ED48C50.jpeg 

Um - What size brisket?  5 lbs, 12 lbs?  How long do I cook it per pound?  What is done? and how do I tell?  ONLY KC bbq sauce or can I use another?  How many folks does this feed???   I swear she doesn't even think before she hits send

• Love 24

What in the Jesus H. Christ is Izzy saying? This little guy turned 3 last month. I can't understand one word he is saying. I feel so badly for this kid. Jill should be taking him to speech therapy, REAL SPEECH therapy, not a "dear friend" who knows how to speak. I can't help but think this is some form of abuse in having him memorize these paragraphs from the Bible. 

I'd like him to now tell us what this all means. He has no idea. He is 3.  These people are freaking idiots and I believe in God and taught my children about the Almighty...not in this fashion at 3 years old.

Does anyone else detect his speech as being tied to his emotions? I think he is not a calm relaxed little guy. I think he's nervous and a bit 'fearful' of his parents. His breathing is not what it should be when he's trying to speak....OR RECITE. 

BTW, I'd love to hear George Carlin comment on Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar....

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jill is in violation of the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTC) and could be prosecuted if a complaint is made to the FTC.  It is illegal to receive commissions as an online affiliate without a Truth in Advertising disclosure so that the public is aware.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking#affiliateornetwork

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/audio-video/video/how-file-complaint-federal-trade-commission

Jill has no idea what she is doing when she attempts to make money online.  This is just like all the photographs she stole to post with her recipes.  (She is still using the photos of others without their permission.  Just because she now discloses the source of the stolen photos does not give her permission to use them.)

This is just another item in a long list of deceptions perpetrated by the Dillard duo.  Jill does not have the intelligence nor the education to make money online and is too lazy to invest the time to learn.  This is another lame attempt to generate income, like Jill's new business venture to sit with women in labor (Labor Sit) and play with her medical things, while she is not licensed as a lay midwife in Arkansas. 

Jill should expect a a 10% chance of a sternly worded letter in 16 - 18 months, and absolutely no follow up. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Who is Aivah?  Are these pictures from DA?

No they are from here but it's pretty weird she explained nothing about the girl in the caption. It says #proudmadrina which means proud godmother. This family is probably the Dullard's next victim. I wonder if the little girl is Catholic or if Jill even knows what 'madrina' means. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

No, that would be Un-American.  I'm going to leave something from the Late, Great George Carlin that pretty much sums up Derrick and Jill's whole philosophy.

image.thumb.png.6a6249c85be604a516edab817249cad8.png

I listened to George on my iPod during my walk today.  I miss him a lot.  We were lucky to see him IRL 18 years ago.

So, so TRUE!

• Love 13