Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I don't know why so many people here think that the Duggars don't have health insurance.  Of course they do.  Jim Bob used to be an insurance agent and knows where to find group insurance for everyone.  The reason Anna and the Duggar daughters have home births isn't to save money.  It's because they have the deluded ideas that it is somehow more holy and more natural to give birth at home.  Before modern hospitals, it was also 'more natural' that mothers and babies often died during childbirth; but that pesky little fact is well beyond their reasoning abilities to process.

If I were a Duggarling, though, I wouldn't count on that lasting, even if it happens to be true now.

As they move on to be separate families -- and separate families who now have histories of birth complications -- that's going to raise rates significantly for either them or Jizm Boob, whichever is paying at this point. When your birth complication has been nationally televised, it's going to be hard to hide it from the insurance company -- who'll scrutinize fairly carefully anyway, since none of these people except maybe Jizm Boob could be in any kind of preformed job- or school-related groups, as far as I can see ....

I assume -- perhaps wrongly -- that they wouldn't use the evil 'Obamacare." So they have to be using some organizational source -- maybe some kind of group for independent real estate agents or something? But in any case, those policies get a way closer look from the insurance actuaries. (Plus, a group that only Jizm Boob is actually part of might up and throw them off if they're too risky and not even officially qualified to be in the group -- You can join groups like that, but you can't necessarily bring your adult married-with-children children in with you, unless the group is very very openminded -- and with these risky births, I can't see that open-mindedness lasting, even if it's there at the moment.)

Really, if Jizm Boob's paying, I'd think that'd be a major reason for him to push them to have prenatal care, even if they do insist on home births-- to avoid these events that risk raising the premiums big time.. The fact that he doesn't seem to (or maybe they're having stealth prenatal care that we don't know about?) suggests that his usually sharp eye on the dollar must be failing him...................

And if the kids themselves are paying -- Well, there's one more drain against the savings they probably should try to accumulate form those TLC checks. I hope they do have the sense to pay for insurance, but they're using it stupidly, if they do have  it, to stint prenatal care the way they seem to. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, nan said:

Having a DIL, who is an educated, licensed practicing OB/GYN, she says the hospitals she has worked for no longer allow any filming of births at all. , no video camera, no cell phone. surely no TLC, nothing. Because the videos are being used in malpractice lawsuits. so maybe the duggar's are choosing home birth solely to have some video footage to air. keep the show going at whatever cost.....

I agree, the ability to film at will and to avoid the hassle of getting signed releases from everyone that is probably the leading factor in their decision to stay home.  I am sure that TLC's compensation is based on how much footage they can get.  I hope to God Anna's toilet birth got a bigger check than Jessa's births which she didn't allow to  be filmed at all.

There have been multiple malpractice cases where the plaintiff presented their own home video as evidence of negligence, etc.  Apparently, plaintiff's attorneys are not above hiring professionals to edit the tapes to place the practitioners in the worst possible light; even to the point of outright fabricating what actually happened.  There have been multiple cases where plaintiffs presented edited/fabricated versions of events using their own footage.  Since hospitals aren't going to invest in videotaping each and every birth, they have decided the best option is to not allow any filming at all, though I am sure that there are still videos being taken surreptitiously on phones all the time.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

@Lunera do you have any updates?

Oh god. If this is accurate she has been in labor 24 hours after having a c-section. The thought of her doing that at home literally makes me sick to my stomach.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Oh god. If this is accurate she has been in labor 24 hours after having a c-section. The thought of her doing that at home literally makes me sick to my stomach.

There's always a chance it was false labor, too.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

There's always a chance it was false labor, too.

My gut said the 'three days of labor' the first time are exaggerated too. She probably called it hard labor the second she felt slightly unconfortable, which can start days before 'real' labor.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 11
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

My gut said the 'three days of labor' the first time are exaggerated too. She probably called it hard labor the second she felt slightly unconfortable, which can start days before 'real' labor.

Yep. Its also possible she had the baby already. It's the one secret they can be relied on to keep.

• Love 6

I've noticed, too, that the Duggars count labor from when their water breaks even if labor doesn't ensue within hours or even days.  They tend to take the longest possible duration of labor they can manage.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nan said:

Having a DIL, who is an educated, licensed practicing OB/GYN, she says the hospitals she has worked for no longer allow any filming of births at all. , no video camera, no cell phone. surely no TLC, nothing. Because the videos are being used in malpractice lawsuits. so maybe the duggar's are choosing home birth solely to have some video footage to air. keep the show going at whatever cost.....

Whitney Bates and Erin Paine had their hospital births filmed by UP. So, some hospitals still allow filming. That said, Alyssa Webster's birthing center has NOT allowed filming. All UP was allowed at birth #2 was Gil and Kelly in the waiting room. 

• Love 3

So, what have the 'full-time' missionaries been up to in 2017?  Three months in Central America (not doing much) and three months in Arkansas (doing nothing). DONATE

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

@Lunera do you have any updates?

No updates. It was just an "insiders" tip so who knows if it's true. Jill's Instagram just posted a link to their website about their CA trip but anyone could have posted that.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Mollie said:

I don't know why so many people here think that the Duggars don't have health insurance.  Of course they do.  Jim Bob used to be an insurance agent and knows where to find group insurance for everyone.  The reason Anna and the Duggar daughters have home births isn't to save money.  It's because they have the deluded ideas that it is somehow more holy and more natural to give birth at home.  Before modern hospitals, it was also 'more natural' that mothers and babies often died during childbirth; but that pesky little fact is well beyond their reasoning abilities to process.

I still think it may partially be a way to save money...even after insurance having a baby isn't exactly cheap.  My friend had quite the bill after having a c-section. 

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I've noticed, too, that the Duggars count labor from when their water breaks even if labor doesn't ensue within hours or even days.  They tend to take the longest possible duration of labor they can manage.

See this confuses me... said friend mentioned above... her water broke and she told that she would need to deliver her baby within so many hours (I want to say it was way less than 24, maybe like 12) or she would have to have a c-section because you can't go very long after the water has broke.  So she had a c-section because she wasn't moving a lot hardly at all.  And then I hear how some people have their water break and their labor still lasts for DAYS.  Was my friend conned into having a c-section???

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Gotta get those martyr points!!  Plus, everything about the Duggs is bigger and better than us heathens, so it just make sense.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, kassygreene said:

Read this article today as a link from another article on the high rate of maternal mortality in the U. S. - yet another example of how we screw up healthcare here.  It should make your blood boil, and by the way, I have now reached the opinion that every mother in labor and post-partum should have her blood pressure continuously monitored....

One reason I was pretty happy with having c-sections. They monitor you using post-op guidelines. I felt like all they ever did was take my BP and temp (and ask embarrassing questions about my bowels).  I would think that having all those nurses fluttering about Jilly Muffin after her c-section was a total rush.

• Love 5

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support as we have transitioned back home over the last month!

As you all know, our last couple weeks in Central America were pretty crazy ones. We have continued to stay in contact with our friends and trust that God will continue to sustain them as they persevere in the difficult areas they live.

The family of our friend who was murdered was forced to move every night due to threats on their lives. Recently, they were finally able to rent a place in a different area where they will be able to stay for the next couple months. 

The family of our other friend who passed away due to complications from dialysis and surgery are very grateful for all prayers and funds given to cover the funeral expenses. This man has one son left (the other one was murdered a couple months ago), and we believe this younger son will be able to help support his mom now that our friend has passed. 

A dear friend of ours (Brenda) from the local church in Central America, had brain surgery about a week after we returned to the States in the women's public hospital. We praise God she made it through the surgery, recovered quicker than normal, and has made it home, where she continues to gain strength! Brenda is a single mom of a nearly 2-year-old little girl. She is mostly blind due to the tumor in her brain. Her husband left her when her tumor came back, so she lives with her sister and their family. 

During the month of July, there will be several short-term teams from the U.S. going to several countries in Central America to share the hope of Jesus, put on youth conferences, and work in schools. 

We are looking forward to the arrival of little Samuel Scott very soon. Jill and baby have continued to check out well, and we appreciate your prayers for a great delivery. 

Please pray with us for:
-The July team's protection and good ministry opportunites
-Brenda's continued recovery and complete healing from the brain tumor
-Our indigenous friend's continued perseverance and faith in God, even though the area they live and work in is dangerous.
-Continued wisdom and peace for us as we continue to settle in and prepare for our little one's soon arrival. 

Another update from the Dimwits. Again, all they do is talk about others misfortunes while they are back home in their free mansion and living off the donations meant to help the poor people.

• Love 8

I have to say, if I'd been having painful cramps every 45 minutes for days, or even weeks, I'd be demanding MY doctor to "get this thing out of me.  NOW!"  So I can go along with women counting this as part of labor, even if the medical profession doesn't.  Heh.

• Love 12

Jill's first birth was so botched that it's a wonder the baby lived.  Izzy was in a transverse breech position (sideways and upside down).  Jill and her phony midwife might have tried to manually turn the baby from a breech position and ended up making things worse.  We will never know if that is what happened.

But, a skilled obstetrician can sometimes turn a baby around from a transverse breech position before birth.  With Izzy, however, there wasn't time.  When Jill presented at the hospital, the baby had an irregular heart rate and meconium (baby bowel movement which indicates fetal distress) was present in discharged fluids.  She could have pushed for a month and that baby would have never been delivered vaginally the way it was positioned.    

0 00 1 jill.jpg

• Love 3
On 6/28/2017 at 2:55 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Sorry, couldn't get rid of the quote box. Just wanted to see, if I counted from the first contraction I was in labor for weeks!  I would lie in bed and watch the clock and pray for another one to come. They would be very regular for several hours on end. I thought they were painful. The difference was, when the first real contraction hit, I never wanted one again!  I went from "please keep these coming so I can get this over with" to "OMG I can totally wait another couple of weeks" instantly. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Jill's first birth was so botched that it's a wonder the baby lived.  Izzy was in a transverse breech position (sideways and upside down).  Jill and her phony midwife might have tried to manually turn the baby from a breech position and ended up making things worse.  We will never know if that is what happened.

But, a skilled obstetrician can sometimes turn a baby around from a transverse breech position before birth.  With Izzy, however, there wasn't time.  When Jill presented at the hospital, the baby had an irregular heart rate and meconium (baby bowel movement which indicates fetal distress) was present in discharged fluids.  She could have pushed for a month and that baby would have never been delivered vaginally the way it was positioned.    

0 00 1 jill.jpg

Although People magazine quoted Jill as saying the baby was 'breech transverse', there is no such thing.  If the part of the baby that is closest to the cervix is the back or belly (spine perpendicular to mom's spine), the baby is transverse.  If the part closest to the cervix is the head, it is cephalic, as are most babies.  Finally, if the butt/feet is the part closest to the cervix, it is breech.  In breech and cephalic presentations, the baby's spine is essentially parallel to the  mother's.  Either People misquoted her or Jill doesn't know what she's talking about.  I suspect the latter.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 22
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Although People magazine quoted Jill as saying the baby was 'breech transverse', there is no such thing.  If the part of the baby that is closest to the cervix is the back or belly (spine perpendicular to mom's spine), the baby is transverse.  If the part closest to the cervix is the head, it is cephalic, as are most babies.  Finally, if the butt/feet is the part closest to the cervix, it is breech.  In breech and cephalic presentations, the baby's spine is essentially parallel to the  mother's.  Either People misquoted her or Jill doesn't know what she's talking about.  I suspect the latter.

In the UK, transverse breech position means that the baby is sideways and upside down.

@doodlebug, I'm actually thankful that my water needed to be broken.  I had pain for about 24 hours, but it didn't get really intense until the last 6 hours or so.  Of course, I delivered in a hospital, and actually needed vacuum extraction.  No way would I have attempted a home birth, way too scary for a Nervous Nellie like me.  

I had read a lot beforehand, and knew about the added risk from lengthy labor when the water breaks early on.  I'm thankful that my fundy relatives had successful home births, but I knew it wasn't for me.  Neither was fundyism for me either, but that's another story.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Mollie said:

In the UK, transverse breech position means that the baby is sideways and upside down.

Jillie is a US trained alleged midwife though where such terminology is not likely. 

• Love 1
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Mollie said:

In the US, a transverse lie is described in terms of where the back is; up or down.  Not sure how 'upside down' translates in terms of a baby that is lying transverse since neither the back or the belly is the 'upside', so to speak.

The sketch that was posted earlier shows a transverse lie, back down, head to the maternal right. A transverse lie with the back up is more dangerous because there is a greater risk of the umbilical cord prolapsing through the cervix leading to compression.  Arms/hands are also more likely to prolapse in that situation and delivering the baby via cesarean can be trickier due to the difficulty getting the baby in the proper position to fit through the uterine incision without trauma to the baby or uterus.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
(edited)

Izzy was so willful he invented a new birth position! What a sinner.

She is so seeped in the Kool-Aid that she put all her faith into sentences to chant rather than professional assistance.

Exactly. I'm sure she chanted them anyway. Derick was supposed to read them, too.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 18

I was watching Little People Big World and TLC was not allowed to film Tori's (Zach's wife) birth. Just shots of the doors even though it was a C-Section. Guess the Duggars never thought about that huh?

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Derick fooled me for a second. They are messing with us.

I can see you sinning in your crib. Yes I can! Who loves you? Daddy does - with reservations!

• Love 23
19 hours ago, kassygreene said:

Read this article today as a link from another article on the high rate of maternal mortality in the U. S. - yet another example of how we screw up healthcare here.  It should make your blood boil, and by the way, I have now reached the opinion that every mother in labor and post-partum should have her blood pressure continuously monitored....

I thought it was protocol to monitor moms after delivery.  I had two ginormous babies (10 lbs 4 ozs [and three weeks early] and 12 lbs).  I had preeclampsia with both babies and no gestational diabetes.  With both kids I was on a potassium drip and a self-inflating bp cuff for 24 hours following birth.  I had friends who had "regular" vaginal births who also were closely monitored for 24 hours after delivery.  

If any of the Duggars or Duggar adjacents are reading this, PLEASE, for Jill's safety and for that of your precious baby, do not let her VBAC at home.  While everything COULD wind up OK, do you REALLY want to take that risk that it doesn't?  Doctors, like our Doodlebug here, understand more about high-risk scenarios than anyone and would be able to help Jill quickly in an emergency situation.  She was very lucky the last time.  She may not be this time.  I know we come down on you all hard at times, but actually we are concerned about your safety and well-being.  So please, put Jill and Samuel before this idea of a "perfect" home birth.  Because in the end it doesn't matter how the baby gets here...as long as he and Jill are healthy and safe.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Wow!  Great job by doctor AND patient!  When I was a nurse in L&D, I witnessed women screaming and crying in pain and doctors taking (what seemed like) forever to complete the version.  This one was very impressive!

• Love 3
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

News flash, Dreck. 9.5# for a  just born is NOT tiny!

exactly what I was just thinking. Tiny my a$$  that's a big baby, he even looks huge, saw a 6 week old baby boy when we were out today and he was smaller than Izzy as a newborn. Eek!

Edited by twinkietwin94
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I thought it was protocol to monitor moms after delivery.  I had two ginormous babies (10 lbs 4 ozs [and three weeks early] and 12 lbs).  I had preeclampsia with both babies and no gestational diabetes.  With both kids I was on a potassium drip and a self-inflating bp cuff for 24 hours following birth.  I had friends who had "regular" vaginal births who also were closely monitored for 24 hours after delivery.  

If any of the Duggars or Duggar adjacents are reading this, PLEASE, for Jill's safety and for that of your precious baby, do not let her VBAC at home.  While everything COULD wind up OK, do you REALLY want to take that risk that it doesn't?  Doctors, like our Doodlebug here, understand more about high-risk scenarios than anyone and would be able to help Jill quickly in an emergency situation.  She was very lucky the last time.  She may not be this time.  I know we come down on you all hard at times, but actually we are concerned about your safety and well-being.  So please, put Jill and Samuel before this idea of a "perfect" home birth.  Because in the end it doesn't matter how the baby gets here...as long as he and Jill are healthy and safe.

"We are looking forward to the arrival of little Samuel Scott very soon. Jill and baby have continued to check out well, and we appreciate your prayers for a great delivery." 

Here's hoping he means by true licensed professionals.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"We are looking forward to the arrival of little Samuel Scott very soon. Jill and baby have continued to check out well, and we appreciate your prayers for a great delivery." 

Here's hoping he means by true licensed professionals.

Don't bet on it.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

exactly what I was just thinking. Tiny my a$$  that's a big baby, he even looks huge, saw a 6 week old baby boy when we were out today and he was smaller than Izzy as a newborn. Eek!

Is there any chance Drek meant that as sarcastic...?

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Another update from the Dimwits. Again, all they do is talk about others misfortunes while they are back home in their free mansion and living off the donations meant to help the poor people.

I think they are trying to drum up donations through vicarious suffering. Or flat out insinuating the donations will be there to help people with real life hardship. I love how they need to transition home. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 3

I was born in October 1971 at just under 9 pounds.  I was a total breech.  And since this was before ultrasound there was no way to know this.  I was too big to spin and I was almost 2 weeks overdue.  I was a C-section.  Despite this, and my own less than angelic childhood, my family loved me.  Yes even now.  Poor little Israel Dillard had no say in how he was born and his parents treat him like shit.  They are monsters and I fear for him and for his brother.  Babies are supposed to be loved and treasured.  You tell them you love them ALL THE TIME. 

• Love 17
On 6/27/2017 at 11:09 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Does she seriously do that? Chi chis are slang for breasts in Mexico. More like saying boobies than tits, but I wouldn't call a baby boy (or girl) Chi Chi. I'd think CA Spanish slang isn't too far off from Mexican Spanish slang. Dumbass Jill strikes again. 

(Don't know why but I think the word 'tits' is gross. Kind of like 'piss'.)

I'm Dominican and chichi (accent on the second syllable) is a term of endearments for babies. I imagine DA's slang would often be similar to Mexico's,  but not always. There have been hilarious misunderstandings resulting from slang use among Latin Americans. (One of the Spanish language news anchors here in the US, while bantering with her co-anchor, said a word that in her country meant party but for a large swath of LA means "pussy." After commercial that poor women was beet-red.)

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I'm Dominican and chichi (accent on the second syllable) is a term of endearments for babies. I imagine DA's slang would often be similar to Mexico's,  but not always. There have been hilarious misunderstandings resulting from slang use among Latin Americans. (One of the Spanish language news anchors here in the US, while bantering with her co-anchor, said a word that in her country meant party but for a large swath of LA means "pussy." After commercial that poor women was beet-red.)

Haha! I just had to chime in to say that I'm from Spain and to us chichi and chocho is slang for...."pussy." Now I'm beet-red. Jilly Bean needs to be really careful with her "Spanish" because the slang can be really misinterpreted depending on the region. 

• Love 6