Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on tv but I'm thinking Derick has Bells Palsy. My uncle had it and it makes a lot of sense to me given his face drooping.

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Bells-Palsy-Fact-Sheet

I got Bell's palsy 3 times as a teenager. I started to have movement in my face about a month later but still have residual effects, like muscle weakness and nerve problems on one side that caused a asymmetrical face. 

It is possible that he did get it and didn't heal properly but I think his facial problems were cause by a botched surgery. The dentist probably hit a nerve and caused his part of his face to paralyze. He probably missed several follow up appointment after he ran off to CA and couldn't afford to see a doctor after losing his Wal-Mart insurance.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

They probably needed a break from that manipulative bastard that is Izzy, as per Derick's description,

I think you are right about that.   The first thing they did when they got back to Arkansas was drop Izzy off at Grandma Cathy's house for three days.  Poor kid wasn't even acclimated to being back in the U.S. yet.  They've been back less than a month and have dumped him again.  And, yes, I know Cathy adores having him, but I think it is bad timing.  That new baby is due in just a couple of weeks and they should be focusing on Izzy right now.   

• Love 23

All the talk about arranged marriages reminds me of the one scene of The Golden Girls episode where Rose's cousin is getting married in an arranged marriage situation. Blanche starts talking about an unique sexual activity she did with her late husband and compares it to an arranged marriage. After she describes what happened, Dorothy says they were talking about arranged marriages not deranged marriages. Except for Josh's little fantasies, I seriously doubt the Duggars try for something different outside the bedroom like Blanche does, but in some ways the Duggars' marriages might be considered a little deranged in the real world.

We have a saying from one of our church Presidents, "Get on your knees and pray. And then get on your feet and work."  It's one of my favorites.

I stole this from another thread, but I thought this is appropriate for the Dullards.  In fact, most of the Duggars in general.  Carry on.

• Love 24
(edited)
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

All the talk about arranged marriages reminds me of the one scene of The Golden Girls episode where Rose's cousin is getting married in an arranged marriage situation. Blanche starts talking about an unique sexual activity she did with her late husband and compares it to an arranged marriage. After she describes what happened, Dorothy says they were talking about arranged marriages not deranged marriages. Except for Josh's little fantasies, I seriously doubt the Duggars try for something different outside the bedroom like Blanche does, but in some ways the Duggars' marriages might be considered a little deranged in the real world.

A little???

1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

She had the sisters clean her house before she left for DA because of morning sickness. She has a pattern, she expects the Mechelle treatment. Send the children off with the nanny, have housekeeping pick up and she will recover for 4-6 months on the DONATE dime. 

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have help from family, but she seems entitled and not grateful. 

She may be jealous because it looks like Jessa gets that pretty much daily, while she has to wait until she comes back from DA! Why the heck can't the Arkansas babysitters make house calls? 

I have a hard time thinking of situations when the Duggars don't seem entitled and ungrateful, actually. Seems to be one of their most consistent traits.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

A little???

She may be jealous because it looks like Jessa gets that pretty much daily, while she has to wait until she comes back from DA! Why the heck can't the Arkansas babysitters make house calls? 

For pity's sake.  They were only there for three months this time. Besides that, I'm sure there are plenty of women and teenaged girls in Central America who would just love to pick up some extra money babysitting for Izzy.  

• Love 4

If Jill is upset about not having those sister-mom babysitters and housekeepers, she needs to take that up with her husband. It's HIS insistence that they continue to go and play in Central America. It's plain on Jill's face that she hates it down there would rather return, really.  I bet that they're next excursions down there will be fewer and far in between...they'll stay for shorter periods of time when there. Can you imagine those two travelling with TWO little children? What did Jill expect?

• Love 3

@Churchhoney, that is so strange to me about Olive Garden not offering wine samples! You learn something new every day. I'd consider my area fairly conservative, but I also don't think most folks around here have a problem with drinking. They push, and I mean PUSH wine at all the locations near me! 

I just had an ah-ha moment. Maybe Jill wonders how josh got so entitled, like all that mattered were his wants and needs. Maybe she thinks being an only child is the problem! All children act the way Izzy does, but she has no experience with smaller families. I wonder if she looks at him and sees Me-chelle's beloved joshie!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cdp73 said:

They probably needed a break from that manipulative bastard that is Izzy, as per Derick's description,

What a warped way to think of one's toddler.  I wonder if Derick's dad referred to Derick that way.

I feel badly for the little guy.  I hope Grandma enjoys and appreciates Izzy, someone needs to!

• Love 5

Jill's first trip to CA was filled with visitors. Joy and Carlin, Miss Cathy - twice, the whole family during their missioncation, JB & M, and Jessa & company. She had a lot of help during Izzy's first year even being "overseas".

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

For pity's sake.  They were only there for three months this time. Besides that, I'm sure there are plenty of women and teenaged girls in Central America who would just love to pick up some extra money babysitting for Izzy.  

You got that I was trying to make a joke, right? lol

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

@Churchhoney, that is so strange to me about Olive Garden not offering wine samples! You learn something new every day. I'd consider my area fairly conservative, but I also don't think most folks around here have a problem with drinking. They push, and I mean PUSH wine at all the locations near me! 

I just had an ah-ha moment. Maybe Jill wonders how josh got so entitled, like all that mattered were his wants and needs. Maybe she thinks being an only child is the problem! All children act the way Izzy does, but she has no experience with smaller families. I wonder if she looks at him and sees Me-chelle's beloved joshie!

And I was surprised to learn that they offered wine samples! I'm sure they do around here where I actually live, but I haven't been to any local Olive Gardens. And in my other locale -- nope. It's there but they don't offer it. I can easily imagine some people standing up and marching out in high dudgeon, telling them they'll never darken their door again. So I can see why they might not want to offer it in that location!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jill says that Izzy doesn't know how blessed he is.

Well, it seems that Derick and Jill don't know how blessed they are.  

Oh, THIS. This all day long! Great point, Marigold.

But I guess when your mother is a frickin' Pez dispenser, you start to take the ability to produce baby after baby for granted.  

It's gonna kill Jill if she can't spit 'em out the way her momma did.  And for all the wrong reasons, too.

Oh well. C'est la vie!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Izzy is a lovely little boy.  Just can't imagine his parents resenting him, but their actions seem to show otherwise. Dreck and Muffy: many of us wanted a baby and  didn't get one and would have given anything for such a sweet baby.

This this this.  My own cancer story. 

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I'm blessed too.  I mean, I'm still here.  But I was heartbroken and inconsolable for years and years.

I'm so sorry.  So glad you are here.  

• Love 13
On 6/19/2017 at 10:10 AM, lookeyloo said:

Other cultures have arranged marriages.  some of course are disasters, but there are those that work.  What's up with that.

We have a family friend whose parents arranged her marriage and they have been married over 30 years now. They are very much in love, still.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Mollie said:

As if they would be paid.  It would be a JOY and an HONOR because they have such a HEART for helping and children and the Lord, so they'd do it for free be conned into doing it for free.

• Love 7

So Mullet gets to be at the birth but not Cathy. The one grandmother who actually cares about the baby. Derick get your balls and spine out of Boob's safe. You are such a freaking disappointment. But DONATE! 

• Love 16

I can see two sides to that.  I did not want my MIL in the room when I was giving birth.  We lived close enough to the hospital that she stayed there until birth was imminent.  My mom stayed by my side until I started having complications and had to be rushed for an emergency c-section.  I don't know if I eventually would have kicked my mom out of the room too once things really got going.

But if Jilly is going to have everyone at the birth anyways why can't Miss Cathy be there.  

Hopefully this means Jill is having a hospital birth with fewer attendees.  Or that it was Miss Cathy's decision to hold back due to her health issues.

• Love 3

The comments on Jill's anniversary post are gold.

What the heck was worth the looong 5 months from meeting to pregnancy, Jill?!

A life of being pregnant, raising babies, and grifting your life away with your loser husband.

20170622_090750.png

20170622_090726.png

20170622_090650.png

• Love 19
23 hours ago, Mollie said:

I think you are right about that.   The first thing they did when they got back to Arkansas was drop Izzy off at Grandma Cathy's house for three days.  Poor kid wasn't even acclimated to being back in the U.S. yet.  They've been back less than a month and have dumped him again.  And, yes, I know Cathy adores having him, but I think it is bad timing.  That new baby is due in just a couple of weeks and they should be focusing on Izzy right now.   

Geez, Mollie. The needy little brat's gotta learn that the world doesn't revolve around him. How many times does his mom have to tell you that?

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Jill's advice to Austin to just rub Joy's back when she's crying and he doesn't understand why is a big old red flag for me. Derek likely has calluses from rubbing Jill's back while she's crying over shower caddies, the wind blowing, and Izzy being a flawed human being at this point. She's just so miserable. I don't know if it's because of the "missionary vacation", being a mom to a diabolical Chucky in training (kidding), or having to look at Derek's mouth at this point, but her misery is palpable. I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't such a sanctimonious ass about everything.

Jill most likely suffers from post partum depression and has a hard time connecting with Izzy. She probably blames his horrible c-section birth because he ruined her future pregnancies. You can tell she isn't excited about the new baby either because she isn't posting weekly bump updates. 

Her misery was made worse after Derrick dragged them to Danger America. She was stuck indoors all day with evil Chucky and her useless husband except for the one day he went to preach to the heathens.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, satrunrose said:

The comments on that post are, once again, pretty horrible (and awesome).

Someone cast their shade in French; and someone else saluted Derrick as... having the 'cutest personality' of all the son in laws.

i can't even...

• Love 6
(edited)

Worth the wait? FFS, Jill. You were 23 when you got married.

Had to look up her date of birth for this post and that made me realize we almost share the same birthday. Gross. (Mine is May 16, hers is on the 17)

Edited by PinkyCupcake
Typo
  • Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Worth the wait? FFS, Jill. You were 23 when you got married.

Had to look up her date of birth for this post and that made me realize we almost share the same birthday. Gross. (Mine is May 16, hers is on the 17)

Oh my gosh, it's even worse than I thought!!! I expected it to be something about how Derick was worth the wait to her, which is gag-inducing, but believable because she's a stage 5 clinger and sat around reading that Prince Charming book. However, it is so much worse! I hate when girls like her get all preachy, about how it's worth the wait for everyone else. Really, Jill? As a 29-year-old who was about to be engaged a few years ago, only to have it called off abruptly, that doesn't sit well with me. I don't need All Knowledgeable Jill giving me any advice on "waiting!!!"

i have a teenage cousin who is like that, too. She is so desperate that she latches onto just any guy who wants a serious relationship, and when one breaks up with her, she moves on to the next one in two seconds. Then, when she has a boyfriend again, she'll say something like, "single ladies...trust me, I've waited, but God will bring you someone when you are ready." I find it hard to hold back on the snark and point out that God has brought her many, MANY boyfriends who weren't quite enamored with her little self! ? I personally have waited a long time to be in a good relationship like I'm in now, but that's just my journey. I'm not going to pretend that God sees me as so super special that He sent me a great guy at the age of 28, so everyone else should look forward to that age or some BS like that. Just live your life, people!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 16

Remember Christina87, Jill has been praying for her Prince Charming since she could walk. This is the only reason they are on earth, according to their belief system and she was instructed to pray for that 'great, perfect guy, who daddy will introduce her to for all those years.  Ridiculous, isn't it?  Jill is sanctimonious and I don't like her very much. I also think she's a strict disciplinarian with Izzy...another reason I don't like her.

• Love 8

@floridamom I literally LOL'd picturing toddler Jill praying for Prince Charming. Sad, isn't it? Just IMAGINE the levels of sanctimonious she is around Jana. The fact that nobody seems to take jana's feelings into consideration, ever, plus their general disdain for non-marrieds...oy. I sure hope it wasn't Jana who said she missed Jill, only to be shot down that her "special someone" is more important and to get over it!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jill most likely suffers from post partum depression and has a hard time connecting with Izzy. She probably blames his horrible c-section birth because he ruined her future pregnancies. You can tell she isn't excited about the new baby either because she isn't posting weekly bump updates. 

Her misery was made worse after Derrick dragged them to Danger America. She was stuck indoors all day with evil Chucky and her useless husband except for the one day he went to preach to the heathens.

Maybe. Or maybe everyone is making excuses because they don't understand that she is just a lunatic bitch.

• Love 15