Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

That spindly finger could be gesturing, You get back on that blanket! You know the rules!!!

You have to admit, the floors look clean and shiny this time! Does anyone know what the plastic blue thing on the floor is?

The plastic blue thing is an infant seat. It is for kids that aren't quite sitting up yet. It molded for a fanny with a little pommel like thing in between the legs,

• Love 1

That spindly finger could be gesturing, You get back on that blanket! You know the rules!!!

You have to admit, the floors look clean and shiny this time! Does anyone know what the plastic blue thing on the floor is?

You're right - the floor looks amazing ! (Hangs head in shame as a tumbleweed of dog hair drifts by...) 

But as neither of them actually work - I think they're on a permanent staycation in Arkansas now - they should all be polished and shining !!!

As for the blue thing - maybe this ?

http://www.target.com/p/bumbo-floor-seat-assorted-colors/-/A-14245096?ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14245096&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=pla_baby+shopping&adgroup=sc_baby&LID=9pgs&KID=74c5ce74-29b7-5de8-a2b5-000067e9fa71&gclid=COH0osfowsgCFU6PHwodvbQAHQ

Somebody must have cracked the whip and told Jana to get her ass in gear now that they're filming again. Between pulling nanny duty in three separate households and cleaning McMansions, I don't know how she manages to get it all done. Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Derick needs to get off of social media until he gets his story straight.

Remember how they were going to be long-term missionairies?

Remember how they came back for a 1 month "planned" vacation?

Remember how they had a "going away" party, and posted pictures on social media?

I can't imagine that there is even one humper left who donated money to that mission who hasn't asked for a refund by now.

Derick may be a grifter-in-training, but he really, really sucks at it.

• Love 18

Janarelly, Janaerelly, night and day it's Janarelly. Make the fire, fix the breakfast. Wash the dishes, do the mopping...

Joy's 17 and Johanna is 10. Jana's HBIC now. Less work, more benefits.

• Love 2

I can't imagine that there is even one humper left who donated money to that mission who hasn't asked for a refund by now.

I agree. Even if they go back after Jessa gives birth, you know they'll come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so that'll be another 4k in round trip plane tickets. Jill and Derick aren't at their 'mission' on a consistent enough basis to have any real impact, so why would anyone bother donating to them?

• Love 11

Is it just me or in all the recent pictures of Derick does his face look all sorts of crooked? I know he had jaw surgery (anyone know why specifically? I assume they talked about it somewhere cos this family shares everything but their damn pooping habits with the public) but to me it looks like they made his face more crooked and jacked up; not less. Who willingly lets a doctor do that their face? He looks like Lurch from The Munsters! I'd be calling Dr. Nassif and getting my ass on Botched if I looked like that.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 6

Is it just me or in all the recent pictures of Derick does his face look all sorts of crooked? I know he had jaw surgery (anyone know why specifically? I assume they talked about it somewhere cos this family shares everything but their damn pooping habits with the public) but to me it looks like they made his face more crooked and jacked up; not less. Who willingly lets a doctor do that their face? He looks like Herman Munster! I'd be calling Dr. Nassif and getting my ass on Botched if I looked like that.

I agree. His face creeps me out now. I don't know exactly what kind of surgery he had or why he had it, but he should have left well enough (well, sorta) alone. And he does kind of favor Herman Munster!

• Love 3

He had palate expansion. Others can explain the ins and outs of it, but you can see that his gums no longer show when he smiles...crookedly like a stroke victim. 

And he looks like LURCH, dammit! :D

• Love 4

He had palate expansion. Others can explain the ins and outs of it, but you can see that his gums no longer show when he smiles...crookedly like a stroke victim. 

Ahh dammit. That's who I meant. Lurch! I went back and fixed it. Herman was the vampire husband.. oops!

I don't think that anyone found where Derrick actually mentioned either of those two things. I am, though, kind of grateful that they got such terrible feedback from it and appear to be signaling that they don't plan to do them, because I rely more on Derrick's desire to be popular than Jill's instincts in that situation.

Alas, when it comes to this bunch, I think it isn't so much that they WON'T use the brutal parenting techniques of JB and Michelle, it's that they WON'T TALK about it publicly anymore.  They're sly that way.  I hope Derrick was just making a bad joke about his son's temper, but when it comes to the Duggars, I expect the worst.

• Love 5

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3272728/Faith-healing-couple-prison-killing-newborn.html

Hmm home births and deferring to your husband what could go wrong?

Lovely. They're supposed to save the children with the power of their faith, but if they don't, it doesn't make them people of powerless faith, it means that their child was supposed to die. It's not as if God created any mold that, you know, kills the bacteria and not your kid.

I do not hope they don't catch something in general population.

• Love 3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3272728/Faith-healing-couple-prison-killing-newborn.html

Hmm home births and deferring to your husband what could go wrong?

Stories like this make me fervently wish the people involved were also sentenced to mandatory sterilization. They have no business having children, and would obviously be a danger to any others they might have. I agree with others on here who say culty fundies like this (and the Duggars) won't stop their aberrant behavior, they will just keep it to themselves. Rant over!

Edited because spelling is important and hard on only 1/2 cup of coffee...

Edited by Liz Tudor
  • Love 3

I can't answer for Derick, but my son had a palate expansion plate before he had braces. However, my son was about 11 when he had that done. He was still growing. I'm guessing that if you are an adult, its much harder. I had the same issue as my son did (high and very narrow palate) but when I was finally able to get braces at 17, it was too late to do what they did for my son. I had 4 teeth removed instead. I did notice a difference with my son when the palate was expanded but it was subtle and actually looked better. I don't know what an adult would have to go through.

I agree. Even if they go back after Jessa gives birth, you know they'll come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so that'll be another 4k in round trip plane tickets. Jill and Derick aren't at their 'mission' on a consistent enough basis to have any real impact, so why would anyone bother donating to them?

They aren't going anywhere. They will spin it as they are waiting for SOS to provide them with a "spot." Til then the good life of eating out, going to amusement parks and posing for selfies goes on.

• Love 8

They aren't going anywhere. They will spin it as they are waiting for SOS to provide them with a "spot." Til then the good life of eating out, going to amusement parks and posing for selfies goes on.

SOS' next mission isn't till December. How convenient for Jill and Derrick.

• Love 2

SOS' next mission isn't till December. How convenient for Jill and Derrick.

Lol, so until then Jill and Derick can coast on the love offerings from their donors. I'm assuming they can use the funds as long as they claim to be doing ministry related things during their time in Arkansas. Derick and Jill are out-grifting Boob and Michelle. The student has surpassed the teacher.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13

Unfortunately, TLC counts hate watchers in the ratings. I hope many don't watch, or they'll get a series.

And it puts money in these idiots pockets as well. I can see hate watching a scripted show because well scripted but hate watching a show where your watching puts a single penny into these morons pocket makes no sense to me.

We have ask everyone more than once not to discuss or speculate about Derick's looks after he got braces or the way Derick and Jill may or may not be raising Izzy aka "sausing." If this continues, the mods will be deleted or hiding posts or will be issuing warnings. There are other places for the beat the dead horse over the top speculation/discussion for certain topics. Thank you.

Thanks for the link.  Read his blog, he's so stupid I can't stand it.  Weird how they are more obsessed with the Old Testament than they are with the New Testament.  I'm sure that would make Jesus proud. They're so stupid it's unbearable.

Thanks for the link. I read that post and cringed, it's word salad a la Palin, messy as far as grammar goes, and makes no sense if you try to be objective. What an idiot, fits righ in with Boob and Mullet.

• Love 3

The idea of letting a 14-year old actually drive a car by himself, in traffic, is so bizarre to me. Kids that age have notoriously poor impulse control and simply don't have the ability to properly assess dangerous situations nor do they truly understand the potential consequences of their actions. Here, you can start learning to drive a car at sixteen but you won't get your license until you're eighteen. And there is pretty solid scientific research as well as statistics to back that up.

• Love 4

The idea of letting a 14-year old actually drive a car by himself, in traffic, is so bizarre to me. Kids that age have notoriously poor impulse control and simply don't have the ability to properly assess dangerous situations nor do they truly understand the potential consequences of their actions. Here, you can start learning to drive a car at sixteen but you won't get your license until you're eighteen. And there is pretty solid scientific research as well as statistics to back that up.

He got a learner's permit.

• Love 3

I have lived in a rural, southern state that allows 14-year-olds to drive. I think their (slightly out-of-date) logic is that children learn to drive tractors and mowers at very young ages in more rural states, so they are more "prepared" and "practiced" to operate a motor vehicle at a young age. But yeah, I agree. I think it's crazy to let an 8th grader drive a car. There is a big difference between an empty pasture and a busy intersection! 

To bring it back to Jill and Derick, I wonder why Derick was the one to take James to get his permit? Wouldn't you legally need a parent for that sort of thing?

Edited by Guest

Jill was also preoccupied with delivering Jessa's spawn, otherwise she would have taken him. I also imagine that Boob and Mechelle are at Big Sandy since they have to give that landmark speech about surviving family molestation and Joshley Madison. 

So, Derick it is! Let's face it, he probably knows Jamesy Bug better than his actual brothers do.  JD or Josiah could have also taken him; the male twins aren't of age yet. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Arkansas DMV requires one to "Bring your parent or guardian" along with a birth certificate, proof of legal presence in the US, proof of identity, SSN, and my personal favorite "Proof of school enrollment with at least a 2.0 GPA." "If you have already graduated high school, submit proof of graduation." School enrollment? Graduation? Perhaps Michelle and Josie could have some quality mother-daughter time and make James a colorful certificate with Crayolas and magic markers.

• Love 7

Well, Derick is a parent -- just not the parent of this particular kid. I'm sure that Jana was able to whip him up some sort of certificate to show that he is a home-school scholar in good standing.

I thought that James was the one who just turned 11 and is starting the 4th grade? I'm confused, but I guess it really doesn't matter -- his own parents barely even know who he is.

Thank goodness Derick isn't wasting time at a job! Who else could possibly have taken James to the DMV!

ETA: Derick isn't working -- those two letter make a BIG difference.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 1

James was the one doing the multiplication flash cards with Jill about a year ago. He's also very small for his age, so it's easy to assume he's way younger than 14! Hell, I'm five feet, and I bet we're fairly close in height! 

• Love 1

Why does this family put so much emphasis on the kids getting their Learners Permit (at 14) rather than concentrate on their schooling? I don't feel right letting a child that just mastered his multiplication tables not too long ago having to make spur of the moment decisions while behind the wheel. From what we've seen, the older ones haven't used their licenses to try to escape so why the hurry?

• Love 5