Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't realize they had a partial second story. That TV wall looks so small in the scope of the space. Weird layout.

Yeah, I get when people put their tv over a fireplace, because it's usually the focal point of a room. But why did the Dillards put it up so high?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Yeah, I get when people put their tv over a fireplace, because it's usually the focal point of a room. But why did the Dillards put it up so high?

Maybe there is usually a cabinet in that spot but they moved it to make room for the pile of toys.

• Like 2

Jill and Derick added the mantel themselves. When she showed it in a reel, she had a fire going on the TV and said they enjoy sitting watching their new fireplace. It was like one of those, should we tell them moments - most fires sit under the mantel. 

• LOL 14
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't realize they had a partial second story. That TV wall looks so small in the scope of the space. Weird layout.

That wall encloses the stairs to the bedrooms. And either a closet or stairs to a basement. Agree weird layout, and a wall I would try and hide/ignore, rather than feature.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That wall encloses the stairs to the bedrooms. And either a closet or stairs to a basement. Agree weird layout, and a wall I would try and hide/ignore, rather than feature.

The stairs are actually off the hall which is to the right of this shot, and they go up to the right.

From the listing:

A8CCDB69-0179-471B-82DE-D73BB33AB13F.jpeg

16F3DA81-7666-4E1B-AB91-FA11E3CA27CC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 6
48 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Especially since she doesn't proof read what she posts.  

But she's a "former star" from a "hit reality show". Surely 80 bucks for a 2 minute video would be well spent. 🙃😬😁

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I observed that as well. Santa's there, but no sign of JB/Meech 

My aunt went through a religious phase and wouldn't play Santa for her children. Jesus was more important. I thought the Duggars/Bates felt the same. I was surprised to see Santa. 

• Like 4

I think most of the Duggars have slid to fundy lite over the past decade (ie, their beliefs are still awful, but the obvious signs of fundamentalism (the denim skirts, the home perms, the anti-Santa/tree business) have been left by the wayside). 

• Like 11
4 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

My aunt went through a religious phase and wouldn't play Santa for her children. Jesus was more important. I thought the Duggars/Bates felt the same. I was surprised to see Santa. 

I've never understood that one. I don't see Jesus having a problem with Santa. A cheery man who dedicates his life to giving toys to all the children? Sounds like something Jesus would like.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I've never understood that one. I don't see Jesus having a problem with Santa. A cheery man who dedicates his life to giving toys to all the children? Sounds like something Jesus would like.

Cause Jesus gets the dreaded birthday/Christmas gift combo

• Like 2
  • LOL 20
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't see any signs of Anna and her kids. Anyone know if she's in FL, or maybe TX?

Weren't Nathan and Nurie headed for a big Keller gathering? If so, Anna and kids probably were as well.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Weren't Nathan and Nurie headed for a big Keller gathering? If so, Anna and kids probably were as well.

I think we heard all the Kellers and Keller in laws were meeting in Texas for Christmas 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Wow Jill has long hair! I wish I could grow my hair out like that! 

Yes, but remember a few years back when she claimed long hair gave her terrible migraines?  I guess not anymore?

She looks very “Little House On The Prairie “ in that photo.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Jed going to be demoted down the son ladder for talking to Derick? Or maybe he's gathering info for JB.

I didn't see any signs of Anna and her kids. Anyone know if she's in FL, or maybe TX?

My guess is Jed! has been appointed Daddy's proxy and is keeping an eye on them at the very least. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
On 12/19/2023 at 12:37 PM, Zella said:

My family refuses to play too. The last time we played, also probably about a decade ago, they all got mad at me for having good strategies and accused me of being a slum lord. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Make It Rain Money GIF

On a side note, I find it hilarious that Rogers has its own version of Monopoly. I never knew that, and I'd have thought Bentonville with all its Walton money would have been a more likely candidate.

I live in a very small town in AR (less than 2500) and we have our own “townopoly” sold at the local WalMart. I don’t know if it’s just for towns in AR or everywhere.

Edited by YupItsMe
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6
20 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I live in a very small town in AR (less than 2500) and we have our own “townopoly” sold at the local WalMart. I don’t know if it’s just for towns in AR or everywhere.

Well I live in Arkansas too and I've never seen one for my town! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
12 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I think they are made everywhere but I don't know if it is a sponsored production.  My home town in CA has one.  I think they can be made for any town, but I'm not sure if they are sponsored by local businesses or the town itself.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Jill and Derick were interviewed on Unplanned podcast.  I don't know of this couple.  It is kind of long. I don't think there was anything new. Though toward the end they were asked last time they were with both Michelle and JB and Jill said a birthday party at Joy's some time and before that after Freddy was born. So makes me think that JB and Michelle may not have been home for the Christmas party at the big house. Toward the end they talk about the siblings and trying to have good relationships with them.  Or maybe this podcast was recorded before Christmas. Here is it is on youtube  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

WACB reported on this video and I watched her report on it. It seems that Derick has made some pretty strong statements indicating that JB would be very lucky if he wasn't audited by the IRS for his bookkeeping and tax returns regarding the childrens' incomes for the TV show. Derick states some pretty serious things. This is worth a listen. I will listen to it in it's entirety also. Thank you, auntieminem for the link.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 5
19 hours ago, floridamom said:

WACB reported on this video and I watched her report on it. It seems that Derick has made some pretty strong statements indicating that JB would be very lucky if he wasn't audited by the IRS for his bookkeeping and tax returns regarding the childrens' incomes for the TV show. Derick states some pretty serious things. This is worth a listen. I will listen to it in it's entirety also. Thank you, auntieminem for the link.

I watched it even though listening to her try to speak bugs me.  With the details out about how he dealt with taxes the IRS better be paying attn.  Maybe Josh and JB can share a bunk.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5

I kind of thought the way Derick worded it, that perhaps JB has been audited once already. Perhaps I misheard, but I thought he said audited again? I think JB has some tricky and less than honest ways!

• Like 12

I agree that Jill's "like", "yeah" and "whatever" was difficult to listen to. She talked over Derick way too many times and just interrupted him as if she was guarded in what he said. It seemed to me that she was deflecting what Derick wanted to say about Jim Bob. I think he wanted to stick it to him with the finances of the company and say way more than Jill "allowed" him to. Jill needs to improve on her speaking skills. (Just my opinion after listening to her.)

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

If Derick knows of some financial crimes JB committed, why doesn't he report them? Or does he just want to continue playing the if I hate JB, folks will like me game?

Its not like Derick's comments are promoting what is in the book. I wonder how he'd feel if a pair of LGBTQ+ advocates were making the online blog circuit slamming him?

(not defending JB)

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Jim Bob & Michelle have been in this game for over 20 years. And with the retinue of lawyers and accountants he's had to employ over the years, I imagine he & his team know and make use of every financial and tax dodge, every shortcut, every loophole and every maneuver allowed by law. 

Dillwad as usual is running his mouth and bullshit just comes tumbling out.  He continues to be a sour-grapes tool.

Jim Bob is excrement, but I doubt he steps over the line legally. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Jim Bob & Michelle have been in this game for over 20 years. And with the retinue of lawyers and accountants he's had to employ over the years, I imagine he & his team know and make use of every financial and tax dodge, every shortcut, every loophole and every maneuver allowed by law. 

Dillwad as usual is running his mouth and bullshit just comes tumbling out.  He continues to be a sour-grapes tool.

Jim Bob is excrement, but I doubt he steps over the line legally. 

I tend to agree. There are so many legal loopholes surrounding taxes that he doesn't need to break the law to do well. At most, he might cross the line in a way that so many do that he's unlikely to suffer any repercussions, unless someone throws a dart and decides JB will be the one to make an example.

• Like 6

I agree that Jill's "like", "yeah" and "whatever" was difficult to listen to. She talked over Derick way too many times and just interrupted him as if she was guarded in what he said. It seemed to me that she was deflecting what Derick wanted to say about Jim Bob. I think he wanted to stick it to him with the finances of the company and say way more than Jill "allowed" him to. Jill needs to improve on her speaking skills. (Just my opinion after listening to her.)

This right here. That is not a supportive husband. Derick needs to quit while he's ahead and leave some small opening for Jill to have a path to a reasonable relationship with her parents. That is what Jill wants. She has said it repeatedly. Derick needs to hear her and behave accordingly.

• Like 10

I don't know.  JB is in a unique situation, having 19 children and insisting that he is in charge of the money.  Having "children" over 18 blindly sign contracts when they don't know what they are signing sounds fishy to me.  This seems like it is more than just "loopholes".  This will be interesting.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't know.  JB is in a unique situation, having 19 children and insisting that he is in charge of the money.  Having "children" over 18 blindly sign contracts when they don't know what they are signing sounds fishy to me.  This seems like it is more than just "loopholes".  This will be interesting.

I'm certain JB was more than creative with all the TLC income. He may even have crossed the line into illegal territory. But the adult kids blindly signing contracts is asshole parenting, not illegal.

I'm certain most, if not all adult children, would sign a contract their parent put in front of them with little or no explanation to what it entails. The difference being is most parents have their kids' best interests at heart.

And if the Coogan Law is used as a guideline, the kids all received more than 15% of their income with the payouts.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1