Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Coogan Law is not enforced in AR. Or reality television, for that matter. 

Yes, I know, that's why I said for guidance.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

There are many people out there who push the limits on what would be classified as a business expense but they still show a net profit. In JimBoob’s case, I could see him reporting all his cars as business vehicles. The IRS doesn’t have the manpower to audit every tax return filed. I was a tax preparer for over 30 years and some people tried to say all kinds of expenses were business related. And while we tried to explain the rules etc. and weed out errors, not every tax preparer does that. And clients would lie too. I can’t tell you how many clients told me their golf buddy wrote off this or that, so surely they could too! 🤦🏽‍♀️

All this to say, I would not be surprised if a forensic accountant took a look at the Duggar Empire and discovered some shady transactions but Dreck moaning about Boob is not going to trigger the IRS investigation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 8
On 2/17/2024 at 1:20 PM, GeeGolly said:

Huh, I just noticed... What's going on with Israel's shoulder?

You don't think he's just standing weird? He is certainly getting tall. How old is he now?

• Like 4

My thoughts go out to Jill as miscarrying is hard.

I'm having a hard time understanding the pictures. Did Jill miscarry at home? And did they get dressed and hire a professional photographer?

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
(edited)

They found out the baby died in utero. So she was probably induced.

Probably made a photo shoot to remember her, similar like Joy.

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

They found out the baby died in utero. So she was probably induced.

Probably made a photo shoot to remember her, similar like Joy.

Oh, so that's a hospital room?

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh, so that's a hospital room?

No, it looks like home to me. That brown thing on the side is likely a nightstand or end table. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

I don't want to disparage their experience, but a four-month fetus is no more a stillbirth than Jubilee was. Jill had a second-trimester miscarriage. 

I wish the Dillards healing and the sense to realize that Jill's body has been through enough already. They're playing Russian roulette with each pregnancy. Three kids is plenty. 

You'd think someone trained as a midwife would know proper terminology. I chalk that up to her shitty education under Vanessa. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You'd think someone trained as a midwife would know proper terminology. I chalk that up to her shitty education under Vanessa. 

Well since childhood Jill has been big on getting attention and sympathy. And as much as my heart goes out to her, I tend to think she knows she's stretching the truth.

• Like 1

It’s hard to know usually exactly when the fetus died isn’t it? 20 weeks is legally a stillbirth. That’s  a bit over 4 1/2 months.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7

I am sad for Jill.  To lose a baby that far along would be very difficult for me or if it happened to my daughter.   I do hope her siblings reached out and offered their support and comfort to her and Derick.  

• Like 20
4 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I am sad for Jill.  To lose a baby that far along would be very difficult for me or if it happened to my daughter.   I do hope her siblings reached out and offered their support and comfort to her and Derick.  

I wonder how many of them even knew before they made it public?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder how many of them even knew before they made it public?

These are people who announce before the pee stick is dry.  Within the family, I would imagine, most, if not all, knew she was pregnant.

• Like 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Notabug said:

These are people who announce before the pee stick is dry.  Within the family, I would imagine, most, if not all, knew she was pregnant.

I was referring to the loss. Apologies for not being clearer.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2

20 weeks.   That’s past the time when people think they are safe announcing the pregnancy.  She can call the event whatever term she wants - it’s a devastating loss, and  she should be allowed  to describe it in her preferred  terminology.   if it was recognizable as a baby,  that’s what I would call a stillbirth. 

• Like 24
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Trained as a "midwife." Fixed it for you. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Jill had a choice between induction or a D&C?

I ask because my friend had a stillborn about 5 years ago. She requested a D&C but was told she was too far along and her only choices were to be induced or wait until she went into labor/miscarried naturally. She was horrified. She was so traumatized by the loss she wanted it done - now. She ended up being induced and said being on a delivery floor, delivering her child and then leaving the hospital empty handed was in and of itself another trauma.

Hugs to any of you who have experienced miscarriage or stillbirth.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 11
  • Sad 6

My friend's child had no obvious anomalies so she was offered an autopsy at $1000 cash. As she said, "not to sound cold, but we can't afford that". Her OB said its rare to know why one miscarries, even after an autopsy.

She found out on a Monday and went in on Thursday morning to get induced. She delivered, spent time with the baby and was home by dinner. She still looks back, after everything, and wishes she could have gone from the ultrasound to the O.R..

Like Jill the child was named (prior to everything) and very much wanted and is honored to this day in a plethora of ways.

As I said before, my thoughts are with Jill.

• Like 10
  • Hugs 6
2 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

I feel bad for them. I hope they can heal. I can't imagine their pain. Didn't Jill have another miscarriage before or was that another one of the girls? 

Yes, Jill miscarried before Fred. IIRC, all the sisters have miscarried at least once and Joy had a stillbirth. 

• Sad 7
(edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 12:09 PM, GeeGolly said:

My friend's child had no obvious anomalies so she was offered an autopsy at $1000 cash. As she said, "not to sound cold, but we can't afford that". Her OB said its rare to know why one miscarries, even after an autopsy.

Before 20 weeks or so, it really isn't possible to do an autopsy, the baby is just too small to see much.  Usually, the pathologist will do a gross overview of the baby's body, looking for obvious anomalies like cleft palate or low set ears which can be an indication that there were other problems.  While the pathologist can open the body to look to see that the basic organs are present and in the correct position/look normal but really cannot see fine details or the structures.  Before 20 weeks, I wouldn't call it an autopsy but a pathologic exam.  Also, if the fetus appears grossly normal for its gestational age, the odds are good that a survey of the internal anatomy will also be normal.  Pathologic exams on fetuses at any age are usually not very helpful, and even more so before 20 weeks.

When I encountered parents with midtrimester losses, I would counsel them that a path exam could certainly be done, but that, the vast majority of the time, nothing useful would be discovered.  I would also tell parents that if we already had a good idea what happened: cord wrapped around the neck 4 times, a placental abruption; the pathologist wasn't going to give us any different information.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Useful 15
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Before 20 weeks or so, it really isn't possible to do an autopsy, the baby is just too small to see much.  Usually, the pathologist will do a gross overview of the baby's body, looking for obvious anomalies like cleft palate or low set ears which can be an indication that there were other problems.  While the pathologist can open the body to look to see that the basic organs are present and in the correct position/look normal but really cannot see fine details or the structures.  Before 20 weeks, I wouldn't call it an autopsy but a pathologic exam.  Also, if the fetus appears grossly normal for its gestational age, the odds are good that a survey of the internal anatomy will also be normal.  Pathologic exams on fetuses at any age are usually not very helpful, and even more so before 20 weeks.

When I encountered parents with midtrimester losses, I would counsel them that a path exam could certainly be done, but that, the vast majority of the time, nothing useful would be discovered.  I would also tell parents that if we already had a good idea what happened: cord wrapped around the neck 4 times, a placental abruption; the pathologist wasn't going to give us any different information.

My friend's child was beyond 20 weeks. I can't remember the exact number of weeks but the infant had to be buried/cremated. Maybe she was 26 weeks?

My friend does have 2 healthy children. One born a few years before her loss and the other about 2 years after the loss.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think they'll keep going until Jill has another medical emergency. 

Unfortunately she and the infants already have, or nearly so, and they won’t stop. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, awaken said:

Unfortunately she and the infants already have, or nearly so, and they won’t stop. 

Oh right, each birth was complicated by some type of medical issue.

• Sad 5