Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

That sign is horrible yay. How long is law school? Let’s hope he finishes and passes the bar.

It's 3 years, so if he finishes, he'll graduate spring 2021. I suspect with this countdown, it will be a long remaining 1.5 years for us. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's 3 years, so if he finishes, he'll graduate spring 2021. I suspect with this countdown, it will be a long remaining 1.5 years for us. 

Add in this upcoming summer for Jill.  She is beyond clueless what is next.  His full immersion into his paid internship will determine his immediate post grad law career.  It will be interesting where he interns and if Jill loses her mind while dealing  with two little ones while her husband gets all the perks of being a second year summer intern.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

bar

44 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I'll give Derrick credit. He's stuck with law school longer than I thought he would. He's gotten this far, so there's a good chance he'll finish.  And, as dumb as I think Derrick is, he's not stupid, so he'll probably pass the bar. He also got a couple of decent internships last summer, so he appears to have the ability to seek out a position, interview for it, and get hired

I’m sure he’ll have another ‘Walmart’ situation on his hands. Everything going for him which promptly folds. Kinda a life theme for Derwood.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Derick can start his law career mansplaining to Jill the legal ramifications of letting the boys "parade" home.  This is one of the stupidest things Jill has ever done (and we won't discuss the further stupidity in posting it).  

Well put. There are three parts to this mess. First, she let them do it. Second, she photographed it, possibly while driving (maybe she stopped the car first). Third, she posted the pics. Not well thought out at all. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

So, what is Izzy standing on to get him so high through the roof ? Also, in the last picture of the Congrats group, is their Christmas tree missing lights ? And they left it that way ?

And are their stockings hanging from the ceiling?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Has she stopped going to class with him/bringing him lunch/etc. or just posting about it?

Wait. She was going to class with him?  Bringing lunch?  I don’t even know where to start with this. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I think early on there was a visit she posted about.

Back in his first semester, Derick or Jill posted photos of the two of them sitting in a law school classroom. I think she may have actually attended a class with him. There was much discussion here about that. It could have been an isolated incident or maybe it happened a few times. But I have the idea that it didn't continue for long.

IIRC, also in his first year in law school, Derick and/or Jill posted about Jill and the boys bringing him lunch or dinner or something to school. 

I remember looking at campus maps to see that it wasn't easy logistically for Jill to visit Derick at law school, because parking is hard to find, rarely in a convenient location to the law school, and not free. I suppose it's not unheard of for spouses and kids to visit the law school, but I also think it's not standard operating procedure. 

ETA: Good old Jill. Nice haircut, such a happy face. Then the stupid thing with the kids and the sunroof, and that cringeworthy congrats sign. Assuming she had the boys participate by doing that toddler-level taping job, why didn't she at least trim the ripped side off of each of the spiral notebook pages she used for the sign? **facepalm** Oh well, at least we didn't have to worry about her running with scissors.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

So, what is Izzy standing on to get him so high through the roof ? Also, in the last picture of the Congrats group, is their Christmas tree missing lights ? And they left it that way ?

It looks like a fake tree with built-in lights, and, yes, it appears a segment is non-functional. I don't do artificial trees, but I presume it needs a fuse which, if Jill is like me, she has tossed into one of the boxes of Christmas decorations and cannot find at present.  Not that I've ever had that happen.

As for their stockings, I think there is a chair rail with hooks up there for hanging country clutter décor and that's what she's using for hanging their stockings.  It's not the worst idea if they don't have a fireplace.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I think Izzy is standing on the divider thing between the front seats. Can't think of its official name but the place where the cup holders are. On most there is a raised storage compartment towards the back seat so I'm figuring that's what Izzy was standing on. 

I know they have a (nonworking) pre lit tree, but for God's sake, can't they buy a few strands to fill in the bare places?  We've had section of lights stop working after we got them on the tree & just filled in with a new strand. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

As for their stockings, I think there is a chair rail with hooks up there for hanging country clutter décor and that's what she's using for hanging their stockings.  It's not the worst idea if they don't have a fireplace.

0EC580B3-AFC2-4B96-8355-5FCF4F193E89.jpeg

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

0EC580B3-AFC2-4B96-8355-5FCF4F193E89.jpeg

Ok, then.  I got nothin'.  The tree light situation looks a little better?

If you're going to hang stockings without a fireplace and you don't have 4 bucks for a vinyl fireplace poster from Party City; then I'd think somewhere closer to the floor would be best.

https://www.partycity.com/holiday-hearth-scene-setter-545442.html?extcmp=pla|Lia|Google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv-Cb583O5gIVjIbACh1slwsAEAQYAyABEgJm5vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

When I was very small, we didn't have a fireplace, either.  My mom had a fireplace picture on cardboard that she got somewhere and she attached it to the wall and we hung our stockings there.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Trillium said:

How can someone be “mostly vegan”? If you sometimes eat animal products, you’re not vegan. And I think this is her R&F friend so I majorly side eye the hell out of this girl. 

I have a bro in law who is vegan, but, when travelling, at a wedding or other social event; eats what is available even if it's not vegan.  It's a really tough diet to follow and it is pretty hard to expect restaurants and such to always have a vegan option. So, I guess he's mostly vegan?

He's coming to my house for dinner tonight, I am serving prime rib.  He will be eating sesame noodles and grilled vegetables.  I even found vegan cookies and ice cream for him for dessert.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Trillium said:

How can someone be “mostly vegan”? If you sometimes eat animal products, you’re not vegan. And I think this is her R&F friend so I majorly side eye the hell out of this girl. 

My principal is a die hard, in your face vegan but she eats fish. Somehow that doesn’t count to her but she will call us all hypocrites for eating animals. 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I have a bro in law who is vegan, but, when travelling, at a wedding or other social event; eats what is available even if it's not vegan.  It's a really tough diet to follow and it is pretty hard to expect restaurants and such to always have a vegan option. So, I guess he's mostly vegan?

He's coming to my house for dinner tonight, I am serving prime rib.  He will be eating sesame noodles and grilled vegetables.  I even found vegan cookies and ice cream for him for dessert.

My brother in law is the same. He follows a strict vegan diet at home, but if he is visiting someone, he will just go vegetarian instead so as not to put his hosts out by having them alter all their recipes or watch him eat a plain salad while everyone else has multiple choices. I generally make him some vegan options if he visits us, as I like to experiment with adapting recipes, and in return, he won't insist on having side dishes devoid of every trace of dairy, etc. I guess I can see where being a bit flexible makes you less than vegan, but it always seems kind of akin to religious dogma, and most people who claim to belong to any religion still have things (wearing pants, drinking alcohol, practicing birth control, etc) which they disagree on. Baptists want to claim Catholics are not Christian, some vegans eat honey, and others claim that they have no right to call themselves vegan... I'm never sure why it can't be just a rough descriptive label about the diet someone follows, whether or not they personally choose to be a bit flexible on occasion.

• Love 20

If a diet is a preference, I don't see a problem with people being flexible or not. I just don't like people using their food choices as a way to control other people or bring attention to themselves. The same goes for religion. Adults can do what they want as long as they don't try to force their choices on others. Duggars? Dillards?

This is what worries me about Derek becoming a lawyer. I can see him arguing for laws that force his beliefs on people who don't want them. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My brother in law is the same. He follows a strict vegan diet at home, but if he is visiting someone, he will just go vegetarian instead so as not to put his hosts out by having them alter all their recipes or watch him eat a plain salad while everyone else has multiple choices. I generally make him some vegan options if he visits us, as I like to experiment with adapting recipes, and in return, he won't insist on having side dishes devoid of every trace of dairy, etc. I guess I can see where being a bit flexible makes you less than vegan, but it always seems kind of akin to religious dogma, and most people who claim to belong to any religion still have things (wearing pants, drinking alcohol, practicing birth control, etc) which they disagree on. Baptists want to claim Catholics are not Christian, some vegans eat honey, and others claim that they have no right to call themselves vegan... I'm never sure why it can't be just a rough descriptive label about the diet someone follows, whether or not they personally choose to be a bit flexible on occasion.

I can see adjusting to vegetarian options, but Jill’s post made it sound like this friend will eat ChicFilA. Meat is bad unless it’s supporting the oppression of civil rights. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When they put their tree up , she made a video, and stated they would have to get more lights because only some were working. 
 This should be it:

I remember the video, wasn't the tree a hand me down about three times ? I dont want to watch it again, I didnt get very far the first time. I also remember that the top part of the tree looked like it belonged to a different tree,

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Jill ever do anything special for her special friends? Has she left coffee and chocolate on anyone else's door step? Has she invited Izzy's and Sammy's friends over for a special play event? Has she bought her friend's family a dinner or made them cookies?

She seems to always be on the receiving end of things.

I completely agree, although with "sweet friend" Rachel, it doesn't bother me. I feel like all these Chik-Fil-A's and coffees are her way of grooming Jill to join her MLM. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I go back and forth on Jill's MLM friend. I know some folks who are into MLMs who are genuinely nice people. I seriously side eye how they make money, but I think they're genuinely deluded about it and being taken advantage of but as long as they don't harass me about fucking essential oils I don't want, I'm fine with them as people.

That being said, I can see how Jill would seem like quite a coup to bring into the MLM fold, simply due to her number of social media followers. 

But then again, Jill has shown herself to be so inept at social media advertising--everything from messaging to pictures--that I'm not sure she would be worth the trouble. 

I actually wonder if the MLM friend is getting a bump in sales just being affiliated with Jill. Like, leghumpers see Jill tagging her and bragging about her, and they check her out on social media and see she's selling stuff and then they buy from her since she seems to get the Jill seal of approval. If so, I could see her being just fine with the way things are and thinking the occasional chickfila delivery and playdate was well worth the effort and money for the advertising/marketing.

• Useful 7
  • Love 5

Maybe they put the stockings up that high because little hands like to play with them otherwise?

To me her friend Rachel hangs around hoping to get on the show in some way. I know Derick and Jill aren't (technically) on the show anymore but maybe she doesn't? 

Just my opinion.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, beckie said:

To me her friend Rachel hangs around hoping to get on the show in some way. I know Derick and Jill aren't (technically) on the show anymore but maybe she doesn't? 

Just my opinion.

I could see that except for how bitter Derick seems. I bet money the spouting off he does about TLC and Jim Bob on Twitter is peanuts compared to the ranting he does about them and being off the show (that he now acts like he never wanted to be a part of and was tricked into) in person and in private.

• Love 8

When I was growing up, we had Christmas Eve at my grandmother's.  There was no fireplace, but we had a cardboard fireplace that we set up every year just for Christmas so there a place for our stockings.  It even had cardboard flames!!

• Love 14
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Jill ever do anything special for her special friends? Has she left coffee and chocolate on anyone else's door step? Has she invited Izzy's and Sammy's friends over for a special play event? Has she bought her friend's family a dinner or made them cookies?

She seems to always be on the receiving end of things.

If she did she’d brag/post it on SM. So probably not. 

• Love 6

I’m not a parent, so keep that in mind, but the “parade” thing looked harmless to me. MADD may not agree, but driving 2 mph during the daytime lull of a suburban cul-de-sac seems pretty low risk. 

ETA: I love her new hair. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

We do. Mainly because we do not want to damage our fireplace mantel with nails and the weighted options can’t hold the stuffed stockings. The curtain rod fits nicely underneath the mantel and is barely visible unless you’re right next to it. 

That makes sense.  Hanging the stockings at the top of the windows on the rod does not.

25 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

She's back to the old hairstyle.

I think she just needs to learn how to style it.  She's not the only one who looks terrific fresh from the hairdresser but not so hot when she has to do it herself.  She has plenty of time to practice and improve her technique.

• Love 23
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I also remember that the top part of the tree looked like it belonged to a different tree,

My husband was the manager of a Rite Aid store out of college.  One year they had various pieces of different artificial Christmas trees laying around so someone got the idea of putting all the pieces together & adding them to the base section of a tree with tape & wire. They added lights, decorations & plenty of garland  & sold it as a Floor Model.  It didn't stay around long & the guy that bought it couldn't  have been happier. 

Is everyone ready for the Dillard's Christmas with Jill yelling "Yay" every few minutes along with asking the boys if they are happy,  if they like their gifts, if they are having fun, etc.? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Seeing Jill's two boys standing up in the car parade and the following comments reminded me of Night Court when Judge Harry T. Stone is lecturing the very same thing to who else? The Pope about his standing up, waving and grandstanding. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4