Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

Thus far, I posted the video of Derick on TLC's page and local Arkansas animal rescue pages. I hope someone calls their asses out on their bullshit goody two shoes image.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 4

I watched the sledding video again as I showed it to some people, and it is just so upsetting to me.

If my daughter had been one of those little kids waching this, she would have been tramatized, crying and shrieking.

The fact that we hear nothing but laughing and a little kid yelling "pow!" is kind of chilling.  People who scare or hurt defenseless animals are a bunch of lowlifes.  But wait!  The Duggars are better than the rest of us, and they hold themselves to much higher standards.  Some people are saying, "It's only a cat."  That's true.  THIS TIME!  What these kids are learning as acceptable behavior may only get worse later on.  Might be funny to torture a small child.  Or let's all laugh at that old person that just fell.  Doesn't matter that Derrick didn't hit the cat.  Fact is, he tried, and there is nothing funny about that.

I also saw a video with some of the older boys.  "This is how the Duggars do a snow day!"  They were tearing around in the snow with John David chasing them with lights and sirens.  What a waste.  Since nobody works, and you have so much time on your hands, why not help some of your neighbors?  I mean when the cameras are NOT rolling.  My husband works 10-hour days and will still shovel driveways for elderly neighbors.  The Duggar "ministry" is their show, which rakes in money.  They don't care about helping anybody.

And this might not be the right thread, but I am on a roll here :).  I want to gag when Jill and Jessa say "I married my best friend!"  Really, you married your ONLY friend outside of the family.

Bunch of redneck a-holes.  And I think you could afford some real sleds, not a cookie sheet or an election sign.

• Love 10

I love that poem too. I'll have to check out the book(s). Thanks.

I'd love for the video to show up on "Inside Edition".

I've been tweeting it to every entertainment news outlet I can think of.

Hey all!  As you may know Baby Jilly Dilly the Wonder Child is due within the next 6-8 weeks.  Posters here have started a baby pool to guess baby's date of birth, weight, height and name.

If you'd like to participate, please go to the fabulous Google spreadsheet created by SpaghettiTuesdays here.

Winner gets . . . .to be the winner.  And all the fleeting and completely insignificant glory that comes therewith.

I really don't give a shit.

• Love 1

http://starmagazine.com/2015/03/02/jill-duggar-baby-shower-details/

ANOTHER SHOWER? I'm not against showers, but come on. Factoring in the house (I know they don't 'own' it), wedding gifts, etc. hasn't Jill made about a quarter mil in the past 9 months? That's before you add in the TV money, Magazine covers, speaking tours, etc. I hope catgate slows it down.

Hmmm they claim to buy used and save the difference I wonder if they got any "gently used" items?

(edited)

Hmmm they claim to buy used and save the difference I wonder if they got any "gently used" items?

ha - good question but don't they say they "buy" used?  I don't remember ever hearing them say anything about "receiving for free" used.

I wonder if they have to pay taxes on all that stuff? I mean normally you don't for gifts, but when you get THAT many, are there taxes involved?  Kind of like receiving a bonus at work?

Edited by NikSac

Bunch of redneck a-holes. And I think you could afford some real sleds, not a cookie sheet or an election sign.

I can't believe I'm defending them, but it seems kind of silly to spend money on sleds when you live someplace that gets so little snow. When my family lived in Arkansas, we had a "real" sled only because I still had my Flexible Flyer from childhood . . . and most winters it hung untouched in the garage.

To my mind, creative sledding does not make one a redneck. I certainly do not quibble with your use of the word "a-hole," though!  ;-)

• Love 5
(edited)

*snort*

As IF. The Holy Child only accepts brand new or handmade items. 

eta: Derick got the "New Dad" blue ribbon worn in the cat video at this shower (held at Vanessa the Midwife's home). He posted a pic to his IG yesterday holding someone else's baby at the shower, wearing the same stupid ribbon. Jill got an "It's a BOY!" ribbon of her own. Whoopee! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Sorry, Portia.  The "redneck" part was meant for those big doofus boys driving like maniacs in the snow while JD chased them in what I guess was his constable car.  I was on a rant, and I tend to ramble when I do that.

I didn't realize Arkansas got so little snow.  I live in PA, and we have had way more than our share this year.  I know my daughter and her friends used to take cafeteria trays in college and use them for sleds.

I just get annoyed at all these people NOT working.  Everybody I know works and scrimps and saves, and to see these jerks sitting around doing nothing rubs me the wrong way.  Oh yeah, you can use that time to think up ways to torture animals.  And of course, work on the next "blessing."

• Love 2

xls, I assume (hope?) the shit you don't give is concerning the coming of the miracle baby, and not the information I posted?  

Yes, mam, sorry to come off so rude.

• Love 2

And another thought: I imagine that the Tibetans and Nepalis that Derick lived among and sought to share the Good News with would be unhappy to see how he treats animals in his own country. They treat animals and even insects with a great deal of care bc of their belief in reincarnation and karma. Even those who are now believing Christians in Nepal and India are extremely respectful to all living things. Derick should remember that and not simply take down the video, but publicly apologize and make amends to set a good example to the Duggar-Sewalds.

He was there to convert them, which shows he doesn't give a crap about their beliefs.

• Love 7

As I have mentioned here before, almost 2 yrs ago I adopted a 1 mo old kitten from the shelter that I later learned a Duggar had brought in because he was "vicious".

The cat video- my cat says "thank GOD you rescued me so I didn't have to live with those assholes!"

And he has a kink in his tail- Lord knows how THAT happened...

• Love 11
(edited)

All I know is that JIll better have that baby or Jessa better announce a pregnancy to take the heat off LMAO

Also-I saw on the yahoo front page that E news has article on the infamous cat video- Here is an excerpt lol

"Unfortunately, there's an orange cat sitting right in the path of Derick's sled. Although he calls out, "Move, cat," he chuckles as Ben's push sends him downhill directly towards the animal. As varying Duggar family members cheer and laugh, Derick collides with the cat, who bounces off his sled and slides down the hill." -by REBECCA MACATEE

http://www.eonline.com/news/631392/duggar-family-cheers-as-dad-to-be-derick-dillard-tries-to-run-over-a-cat-with-his-sled-watch-now

Also- I hope Derrick is horribly embarrassed about this publicity and realizes that the limelight is not for him and him and Jill ( bc he is the headship) stop participating in the show.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 2

I'm still wondering how Venessa feels that Jill didn't choose her as the delivering midwife for Dilly. I guess not too bad if she co-hosted the baby shower. Of course, Janarella had to be the Secretary & record all the gifts for thank yous. I guess she'll be in charge of the Thank You Writing Committee too since Queen Jilly Muffin won't have time once the Great Dilly is born. Jilly would have the time now, before he's born, to work on them but she'll be using the time to warehouse all the goods.

Jill said that she doesn't mix her work life with her pregnancy. Then why use a midwife at all? God forbid something happens to the midwife and a male dr has to deliver Prince Dilly.

Jill comments on her "work life." Lol. Who is she kidding?

• Love 3
(edited)

Sorry for the multiple posts but I think Cat-gate might be the thing to take them down....not their blatant trans/homophobia, disgusting views on women's rights ( equality in general) and crusade to bring society back to the 1800s....its cat gate. LMAO. Whatever works!

Ive been watching twitter because lets face is cat-gate > than work lol

I LOL'ed at this tweet thought I would share

Todd Ginther ‏@TAGSnoopy  10m10 minutes ago
Duggar Family Cheers as Derick Dillard Tries to Hit Cat With His Sled via @eonline Probably a gay cat.
8:39 AM - 3 Mar 2015 · Details
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply  Retweet  Favorite
More

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 7

If I'm an OB/GYN, I don't want my colleagues delivering my baby. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't use another OB/GYN. Substitute midwife and it's not that different for Jill.

• Love 4
(edited)

I did my part by posting the story to another gossip blog I read. :-]

Sorry for the multiple posts but I think Cat-gate might be the thing to take them down....not their blatant trans/homophobia, disgusting views on women's rights ( equality in general) and crusade to bring society back to the 1800s....its cat gate.

Haha, right? I read one tweet that said something like, "Well, I signed the petition to keep them on air, but this is gross and Derick needs to apologize for this!" I guess trying to run over a cat on a sled is harder to pass off as religious freedom/morality or traditional family values, but I'm sure the Duggars could give it the ol' college try.

Edited by galax-arena
(edited)

E! Picked it up. Hopefully this will continue to gain traction.

http://www.eonline.com/news/631392/duggar-family-cheers-as-dad-to-be-derick-dillard-tries-to-run-over-a-cat-with-his-sled-watch-now

A quick edit: Maybe Walmart will fire Derrick. Bad image and all that. I'd feel bad if he lost non-Duggar income. He deserves it for this, though. He can be Bin's toilet-scrubbing countability buddy.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4

I've never been involved with PETA and always thought of them as somewhat extreme with no leather and vegan leaning but I emailed them with the link to Derick's IG video. That was last night and now I have 7 emails from them in my inbox. I can deal with that if the video gets the attention of the media, but I have no plans to hop on the PETA train.

Good to know; thank you!

When I went on Radar today it was the first  thing I read about. Great job!  I absolutely hate people that hurt animals. No excuse for this!

• Love 5
A quick edit: Maybe Walmart will fire Derrick. Bad image and all that. I'd feel bad if he lost non-Duggar income. He deserves it for this, though. He can be Bin's toilet-scrubbing countability buddy.

I hope not. I think he (and Ben) made a horrible, juvenile, judgment. Ben especially acts as juvenile as all the Duggars. Derrick usually doesn't.

What I hope is that Cathy reams his ass. THAT will make more of an impression.

• Love 6

Ok, don't crucify me for this but . . . didn't the cat jump out of the way?  As cats do instinctively?  It's really hard to tell because the camera angle changes right at that point and we're seeing it from the back.  But I'm fairly certain no cat that wasn't disabled would sit there while a guy came barreling down toward him.  That's why the video didn't bother me that much.  I mean, yeah, if they were sincerely trying to hurt the cat and just failed, that would be an asshole move.  But if they were just joking around, and didn't actually do the cat any harm, then  . . . . eh, seems like a tempest in a teacup.

But maybe that's just cause my husband (not a cat lover) is constantly threatening to eat our family feline. :-) (He kids, of course.  Don't report us to PETA!)

• Love 8
(edited)

I hope not. I think he (and Ben) made a horrible, juvenile, judgment. Ben especially acts as juvenile as all the Duggars. Derrick usually doesn't.

What I hope is that Cathy reams his ass. THAT will make more of an impression.

I don't think that excuses Derrick. Even if it was juvenile, why post it? That's two unforced errors. That kind of idiocy brings down politicians all the time.

All the stories ID him as a Walmart employee. I think I'll write to their HR and see if I get a response.

Ok, don't crucify me for this but . . . didn't the cat jump out of the way?

The intent is just as important as the outcome. People are jailed for attempted murder (not Derrick was that bad), etc all the time.

Better example: Do you go through intersections with pedestrians because 'they'll get out of the way'?

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 6
I do NOT like what he did but I cannot wish the loss of a job on someone with a pregnant wife.

Yeah, but Derick isn't some regular Joe Schmoe trying to make ends meet, he's sucking on the Duggar teat. His family's not going to starve.

Granted, I'm not sure we should encourage him to continue sucking on the teat by taking away his source of non-Duggar-related income.....

I'd settle for an end to Duggarmania. Derick can keep his job. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Not a big animal lover but I would not do that. I would be mad if my kids did that. In fact, as a mom, I would be yelling "watch out for the cat!!! Don't hit the cat!!! What's wrong with you to sled into a cat???"

It's not nice to tease animals.

It was a STUPID move to post that online.

And hello? Isn't Derick a bit old to be sledding using a cooking sheet pan? Buy a freaking sled or something. Grow up.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 8
(edited)

What is this about JD chasing people with his constable car?  Where I come from, you can only use your work car for work; you're in deep shit if you even use it for personal business, let alone behaving recklessly with it.  What a bunch of fools!

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 5

Even Fox news picked up on it!

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Duggar/Dillard  houses right now.... I can just see Jill being hysterical , Jboob freaking out on Derrick about WHY the EFF he posted to IG

I guess we will see how Duggarfied Derrick is...if he had any sense, him and Jill would never appear on the show again and put their settings to IG to private

I think they are now finally realizing the 'price of fame"

I hope for their sake he doesn't lose his job, but this is some baaaaddd press. Cant wait to see how they handle it

• Love 9

Where have they apologized? An honest apology would be nice. Not a non-apology apology, which is the only kind they're capable of.

I did not say they had apologized. With everyone mad at Derrick, I said "

and would an apology satisfy anyone? aren't we supposed to forgive those who sin, or my preferred words, "apologized"?

I would hate to be the first one to refuse an apology from anyone.

You kind of made my point. Everyone is going to judge the apology.

• Love 1

I did not say they had apologized. With everyone mad at Derrick, I said "

You kind of made my point. Everyone is going to judge the apology.

Damn Straight!

"I'm sorry if you were offended."

• Love 6
(edited)

I hope for their sake he doesn't lose his job, but this is some baaaaddd press. Cant wait to see how they handle it

There was another gift grab -- oops, baby shower over the weekend, so I'm sure they believe they'll weather the storm. There's a full moon in the next two days. How much does anyone here want to bet that Jilly Muffin will give birth, all will be forgotten and People magazine will be breathless with excitement over another EXCLUSIVE?

Unfortunately for Derick, he is far too stupid (and too much of a famewhore, it seems) to realize he's touched the third rail. People will ignore or overlook a lot of things, but they don't forget deliberate animal cruelty. He'd better hope that kitty was uninjured and is safe. And I would laugh my ass off if JD was stripped of his "constable" position because he used city/county resources for personal benefit.

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 4

Why would I be offended?

That was the kind of apology I think we can expect. Was not directed at you, Jellybeans!

Sincerity does matter - but we all have different ways of judging that. There is no magic right way to do it, just a lot of wrong ones.

I wouldn't accept this:

Hi, I'm DerrickDiallardDuggar. I'm sorry if my family's good time caused some people to get upset over almost colliding with a cat. It was never my intent to hurt the cat, just to have fun. I believe that all life is precious, don't forget there's a baby holocaust on. The DuggarDiallrds pray for those millions of babies people torture like animals every year. Amen and Thank you. (Single tear rolls down his cheek).

They would word it better of course. They probably have PR people writing it right now.

• Love 9

This show has gone on far too long. I watched initially just to see how everything worked in a family of that size. Once I saw them for the entitled, arrogant, secluded and ignorant clan that they are I quit watching, but do enjoy the snark here. 

I am sickened by any animal being teased, endangered or abused. There is NO excuse for that behavior and it says a lot about the person doing it. Posting the video takes it to a whole new level.

What happened with the cat is now over and hopefully there will be enough backlash to cause this disgusting show to be cancelled. It is a slap in the face to every person who is working hard to earn a living that this family basks in the pseudo celebrity status and gets paid for it.

• Love 3

The thing with cat-gate (just writing it is funny) is that it puts a spotlight on their ethics.  People have known for years that the Duggars support groups that are not only anti-abortion and anti-gay but almost dangerously so.  Wanting to have LGBTI people thrown out of their homes and workplaces is pretty extreme but the leg-humpers were happy to just stick to the family line of "We are just a good Christian family with lots of kids!". 

The cat may not have been maimed or injured but that isn't the point.  Hopefully, people will wake up and realise that a family who has such extreme views and laughs at an attempt to hit a cat with a sled, isn't as virtuous, loving and ethical as they like to present themselves.   

• Love 8

When Jill holds up those stupid chalkboard signs saying "36 weeks and 2 days", I get a annoyed as she is MARRIED 38 weeks and 2 days....how utterly awful for these two and she has no idea; derickdillard may be a bit scared, but isn't allowed to say so.

I completely agree that aiming for that poor cat, especially while it wasn't even looking in that direction was deliberate of derickdillard and the dashingbenseewald. They really should be ashamed of themselves, ALL of them who were there and noticed beforehand.

• Love 3