Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I agree something has happened to change Jill.  She is definitely not the one I would have picked  to leave the family. She was very outgoing  back in the day when they started on TV & was the spokesperson of the kids or at least the older girls. 

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I think it can be all these things and maybe a few more.

I suppose it could. They haven't filmed in two years now and Derick's changing answers always feel angry to me. He would do better by either not answering questions at all, or being straight up with the answers.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, awaken said:

Whoa!!  D-wreck is laying it all out there. The family can’t be happy about it. 

Why just the Dillards “on the brink of sanity”, and not everyone else?

which part of filming specifically does he mean, I wonder- in DA attempting to be missionaries, the births, of just in general?

Good questions which he will never answer.  He is a vagueposter extraordinaire!

• Love 8

Ironically he could potentially wind up with a very lucrative law practice, if he works hard AND decides to use all of his education.  If he were a CPA the potential would increase even more.  As it is his accounting knowledge and degree combined with a law degree opens up a lucrative path if he decided to take it.  

It should also give JB some genuine food for thought in regard to his behavior towards the Dillards and his handling of the family funds.  

Edited by Tikichick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Yes, I think [Derick will pass the bar]. He isn’t stupid and he seems to spend a lot of time studying. How long will he stick with law as a career is another story.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. (And I’m a licensed attorney)

Me too (on both the opinion and the status). 

We speculated, when Derick started law school, that (and I paraphrase here, freely) he would essentially be sitting off in a corner pounding his Bible and lose it when he had to debate sensitive issues logically. Of course, that's not what has happened.

He seems to be navigating law school fairly well. For instance, he landed more than one summer internship gig. He may harbor goals to be some kind of super conservative/religious legal activist - or, not. We just don't know. And TBH I'm not sure a lot of 2Ls have a clear idea of what their legal careers will look like. Because, we all make great plans - and then, life happens. You get your dream trial lawyer job and learn that you hate litigation and love writing contracts; you can't get a job in your desired field and end up practicing happily in a field you hadn't considered seriously. Etcetera.

Something struck me as I was thinking about Derick this morning. I think that where Jill and Derick have definitely parted ways with the Duggars (and most of their in-laws including the Kellers, Swansons, Forsyths, Caldwells, and I think Burnetts) is that they don't attend an IFB church. Cross Church is a conservative Baptist church, but not IFB. (I know, JB and Meech may have been seen at Cross Church services, but AFAIK they are regulars at their in-laws' IFB church.)

Derick grew up mainstream Arkansas Southern Baptist. I'm (originally) from next door in Oklahoma with SB roots and I can tell you, it ain't East Coast Liberal or West Coast Freethinker, but it ain't Duggarworld or IFB either. Something drew him to the Duggars and he jumped into their world. We can tell from his SM posts - erratic as they are - that he had a bad time there. I think Derick is still basically mainstream (and very) conservative Arkansas Baptist, and Jill is following her headship so that's her life too. I hope he supports her adjustments to mainstream life; as we've discussed, that's a huge leap from the cloistered Duggar compound.

Derick's had an erratic career path since college, but as @Tikichick has pointed out, with his accounting education and a law degree he will have some building blocks for a good career. As also noted above, he's reactive on social media, so who knows what he'll do next. He may sit at home scribbling a tell-all memoir of life in Duggarworld, only to decide after it's done that it was therapy and it will never be published. I'm harboring a sneaky hope that he decides to self-publish it as a Kindle book. I'd buy it. Heh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

Yes, Jeeves you're so right on the Southern Baptist versus IFB differences.

I've been so curious about the comments some time ago about JD and Abby attending a church in Centerton. If that's true, I wonder where they are going and why. If they don't live in Centerton and live near the other Duggars around Tontitown, that is rather out of the way. Hell, it is out of the way even if you live sort of close by. Lol

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Wasn't Uncle Sex Pest there? I'd think there's a good chance Derick and Jill don't like having their kids around him. I know I wouldn't.

Josh was with Anna’s family in Florida. 

But yes I agree with you. In Derrick’s position I would be fine having a few of the cousins come to their house to play (hang out) but I wouldn’t want my children around Josh. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

derick has said he works on a book outline when he is on break from school. he is on a long break now. No stretch to believe he has been working on such a thing, which makes him aggravated, agitated and angry.

that is when he most often posts his cryptic/evasive responses

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

It occurred to me today that this could be about Sammy.Their break with TLC occurred around the time Sammy was born. We know that there were issues with Sammy's birth, and if TLC was there poking around with the cameras while Jill was already fragile emotionally, it may have been too much for her. Add in Derick's existing anger about them not helping with Izzy's medical bills and the stress of mounting medical bills for Sammy and you have a situation ready to blow.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
26 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

It occurred to me today that this could be about Sammy.Their break with TLC occurred around the time Sammy was born. We know that there were issues with Sammy's birth, and if TLC was there poking around with the cameras while Jill was already fragile emotionally, it may have been too much for her. Add in Derick's existing anger about them not helping with Izzy's medical bills and the stress of mounting medical bills for Sammy and you have a situation ready to blow.

Totally agree. I think TLC was badgering them and JBoob was also bugging them, and enough was enough. Also, Derick was probably telling the truth about not being paid by TLC.  I'm sure JBoob gets paid and rations out the money as he sees fit.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

Check out Derricks responses to comments on his latest IG post. He says that they’re not allowed in the big house when JB isn’t there which tells me that JB  still takes the headship role extremely seriously and is pretty scared of Derrick.  
I think what’s coming out from Derrick now is the rage that develops when you realize the harm that someone has caused someone you love (and I think he loves Jill and his children). Of course filming takes you to the brink of insanity - we can probably count on one hand popular reality TV personas that have made it through mentally intact. Add in the incredibly destructive brainwashing and control of the Duggars (you need to be 2 people - one for popular consumption, one for Jesus? Got hard? Church? ) All of them are probably insane already. 
Derrick is the only in-law - the ONLY one - (ok maybe Jer but he’s a grifter too) to break off from what we all recognize is the toxicity of Duggardom. Buying a house, going to law school, working, and forcing his wife to live a relatively normal life is huge. 

wow, just read his comments, seems while Jessa was in labor she wanted Jill there and Jill couldn't go to the big house until JB approved it. 

• Love 1

derickdillard

@ms_julieb I haven’t trash talked, just answered questions that others should know about us, so they’re no longer deceived like we were.

derickdillard

@hai_hay9 for a long time Jill and I were under the impression that the family didn’t make any money from the show, but rather, it was presented to us kids as something that was done as a ministry that TLC periodically subsidized in the form reimbursements for things like gas, restaurants, travel, etc... but not any actual pay on top of that.

derickdillard

@tara.blum yes, but it’s just harder now because we’re not allowed at the house when JB isn’t there. Jill even had to ask JB permission to go over to the house to help her sister when she was in labor because her sister wanted her help, but jill couldn’t provide the assistance until we got it cleared with JB.

derickdillard

@ms_julieb we were made to believe we didn’t have a choice and that we would be sued if we refused. However, once we became more enlightened, we realized that we could easily defend ourselves in against a lawsuit from the family/TLC.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

derickdillard

@ms_julieb I haven’t trash talked, just answered questions that others should know about us, so they’re no longer deceived like we were.

derickdillard

@hai_hay9 for a long time Jill and I were under the impression that the family didn’t make any money from the show, but rather, it was presented to us kids as something that was done as a ministry that TLC periodically subsidized in the form reimbursements for things like gas, restaurants, travel, etc... but not any actual pay on top of that.

derickdillard

@tara.blum yes, but it’s just harder now because we’re not allowed at the house when JB isn’t there. Jill even had to ask JB permission to go over to the house to help her sister when she was in labor because her sister wanted her help, but jill couldn’t provide the assistance until we got it cleared with JB.

derickdillard

@ms_julieb we were made to believe we didn’t have a choice and that we would be sued if we refused. However, once we became more enlightened, we realized that we could easily defend ourselves in against a lawsuit from the family/TLC.

whoa!!

• Love 6

derickdillard

@dsherwin333 yes, because it’s their show. We’ve only made guest appearances over the years for wedding, birth, etc. we’ve never had any contact with TLC, hence not knowing there was a contract. Nobody from TLC has even mentioned to us what they would prefer that we say or not say.

• Love 6

Wow. Dreck is pulling back the curtain a bit on it all. I wonder if he realizes he could write a tell all book and be rich.  

And as a side note, one of the commenters needs to learn the difference between "aloud" and "allowed". 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Clearly Derick is lying in some of these posts. First, where did he think the Duggar money came from? And second, they filmed him and Jill (& even Cathy) multiple times in Central America.

He knew TLC paid the Duggars and he and Jill were not just on for specials. 

I think he trusted that JB would do the right thing when they were married and on their own, give them their share. JB may have given them a place to live and thought that was enough, Derick didn't. He says he never saw a contract.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I think he trusted that JB would do the right thing when they were married and on their own, give them their share. JB may have given them a place to live and thought that was enough, Derick didn't. He says he never saw a contract.

But a couple of months ago he said that his being a missionary was a violation of their contract with TLC. And even that doesn't hold water since he was on the show for seasons as a missionary. As we say in Arkansas, that dog don't hunt.

Translation: He's full of shit. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick is stirring a pot with half truths and lies. Not very bright. If you're going to bite the hands that feed you, at least be truthful.

I want to be a fly on the wall of the Vuolo household watching Jeremy absorb every nugget of info he can from all directions and trying to calculate what's likely to be their most profitable spin to curry public favor.  They just got personally cut off at the knees with the doughnuts and RM controversy.  Now Derrick is making more and more noise that threatens to unmask things that also might cause public backlash against JB and all the Duggar cogs in the wheel.  

Does he try to chart an all new direction out in LA that won't be vulnerable to skeletons falling out of the closet? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Tikichick said:

I want to be a fly on the wall of the Vuolo household watching Jeremy absorb every nugget of info he can from all directions and trying to calculate what's likely to be their most profitable spin to curry public favor.  They just got personally cut off at the knees with the doughnuts and RM controversy.  Now Derrick is making more and more noise that threatens to unmask things that also might cause public backlash against JB and all the Duggar cogs in the wheel.  

Does he try to chart an all new direction out in LA that won't be vulnerable to skeletons falling out of the closet? 

I think Jeremy's too spineless to truly revolt and break free. But if he gets desperate, he might surprise me!

Note: Not that I think Derick is courageous either. I think bitterness and resentment and some feeling of betrayal after he sought JB out as a substitute father figure in the wake of his own father's death is his primary motivation here. 

1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

I think Derick fell for the Made For Teevee Duggars as much as any leghumper ever has. Finding out that in fact 1) JB is a big old lying control freak, 2) the only regular money coming in was from TLC, 3) they covered up Josh’s predation, and 4) Jill was essentially an uneducated brainwashed fembot forJesus were all bad enough, but then getting stuck with a pile of medical bills after assuming they were covered...yep, pissed. 

That said, he was pretty naive/stupid to believe that “no contract” volunteer ministry story...he was obviously thinking with his hormones and not his brain at that point. He strikes me as a pretty angry guy in general and having his idealism and religious zealotry bite him this hard in the ass would be rage fodder for a lifetime.

Yes, this--all this! 

• Love 17
15 hours ago, dariafan said:

Jim boob strikes me as the type who would give the kids some of the money their earned but make it seem like it was him giving it.  Not that they earned it and he was supposed to give it to them.   Or lie to them about how much they earned 

Yes- under the theory that the money was being used to pay for whatever JB decided as headship. Remember, according to JB, his adult male offspring and unmarried female offspring are still under his leadership.  Only the married female offspring leave his control. Based on the comment that the Dillard’s can’t come to the house without JBs presence, sounds like he wants to monitor their influence on the children he still controls.  Which is basically all but Jill and Jinger. I bet Jinger and Jeremy  have the same restriction 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Yes- under the theory that the money was being used to pay for whatever JB decided as headship. Remember, according to JB, his adult male offspring and unmarried female offspring are still under his leadership.  Only the married female offspring leave his control. Based on the comment that the Dillard’s can’t come to the house without JBs presence, sounds like he wants to monitor their influence on the children he still controls.  Which is basically all but Jill and Jinger. I bet Jinger and Jeremy  have the same restriction 

I don't think Jeremy is subject to this rule. I think it is specific to Derick after his histrionic veiled threats on Twitter. Jeremy is more of a kool aid drinker than he lets on. He wouldn't be a MacArthur acolyte if he weren't.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Either way, this is a pretty epic tea spill. Derick is a petty jerk, but so is Boob, and it's hilarious he's finally being exposed. 

This is where I am. They're both petty, lying assholes with some legitimate grievances against each other, and I'm here for the drama.

gif_temp_1829409488979688.gif.cd7046994b4cf0db2763d14584cb4afe.gif

2 minutes ago, Trillium said:

He’s a grade A idiot if he didn’t think TLC was paying anything more than “reimbursements”. That’s on him for not asking more questions and blindly believing everything. He’s college educated, he had the tools to know better. I don’t feel sorry for him in that regard. 

But anyone willing to expose JBoob for the slimy jack ass I always knew he was, I’m very much here for it. 

I think Derick's story evolves the more he studies contracts in law school. Lol But yeah I agree with you--the onus was on him to think critically and ask questions.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, Trillium said:

He’s a grade A idiot if he didn’t think TLC was paying anything more than “reimbursements”. That’s on him for not asking more questions and blindly believing everything. He’s college educated, he had the tools to know better. I don’t feel sorry for him in that regard. 

But anyone willing to expose JBoob for the slimy jack ass I always knew he was, I’m very much here for it. 

I remember a dust-up when Kate Gosselin’s brother and sister in law were often featured on that show.  Right up until they requested to be paid, and Kate threw a fit because she wanted all the money to go to her and Jon.  So no, I don’t think that the adult offspring were being paid by TLC or JB. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 6
  • Love 17

yes derick is bitter and i think Jill may be as well if they had financial issues. also the whatever happened in danger america was a rude awakening for Jill when it wasn't all nail painting and candy.

if you are a true missionary you are not with SOS missioncationers where they build a house just for you. if you want to be a "native" you learn the language and your dad doesn't provide a giant refrigerator and AC that makes every other person there feel like less and may make you a target.

Jeremy has no bitterness as yet but it is coming. so far he is attracting attention to the Duggar brand and JB is good with that. Jinger wearing pants and getting the hair dye makes a show. Jer will bail if something better comes along tomorrow

1 minute ago, Zella said:

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I remember a dust-up when Kate Goosselin’a brother and sister in law were often featured in that show.  Right up until they requested to be paid, and Kate through a fit because she wanted all the money to go to her and Jon.  So no, I don’t think that the adult offspring were being paid by TLC or JB. 

Where does their income come from?

Josh and Anna used to be mentioned in the credits, Jessa and Ben were in a photo at TLC headquarters and Derick goes back and forth about there is a contract, there isn't a contract.

The Duggars didn't have a pot to piss in until TLC came along. JB likely has grown the money with property investments - but there was no money to invest prior to TLC.

• Love 18