Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What work has Jinger done?

If this were any of the other reality shows I watch, the answer to that question would inevitably be  would be lips, facelift, vag rejuvination, botox.  HA!  

She made coffee at that coffee shop?  Pretended to buy a car at auction?  I am at a loss otherwise.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

She was a J-Slave and a buddy for most of her life. Out of the 4 oldest girls I think Jessa is the only one with any lazy tendencies. I don’t think Jinger is ambitious by any means but she will keep her home clean, make decent meals, run the household as a “helpmeet” if that’s what’s need for the well being of her family. 

Thats what I meant by “Jinger isn’t lazy.” 

Makes sense to me! Plus she will make a good mate for Jeremy when he goes out in public. I have the feeling of Jeremy running for some type of office with Jinger at his side with a smile on her face along with their little girl all dress up and Jeremy parading his family around as the perfect all American fundie family.

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think so. By that time JB will have so many kids/grandkids to support in AK he won’t have the bandwidth to deal with the Vuluos even if he wanted to. If anything Jeremy would go back to HIS Dad and ask for help. 

Jeremy is the only one of the Duggar in laws to actually live on their own as an ADULT and keep the lights on. Jinger isn’t lazy and I don’t think they will have 500kids (at max 4 depending on how she feels about pregnancy and labor)- the cost of living is low in Texas, I think they will be fine. 

I have zero optimism, and after seeing enough of these people and who they attract, even that's not low enough.

I think Jessa is the only one with any lazy tendencies. 

Jill's not exactly keeping busy 24/7.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7

Jeremy has a degree, right? So if worse comes to worst, he can always get a real job. Derelict probably could've done the same, but his Twitter history will make him undesirable to a lot of employers. I think the Dullards will be in for a heap of trouble unless Cathy subsidizes them. 

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I have zero optimism, and after seeing enough of these people and who they attract, even that's not low enough.

Jill's not exactly keeping busy 24/7.

True- but I doubt Jill leaves dirty diapers all over her house. 

• Love 3
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

True- but I doubt Jill leaves dirty diapers all over her house. 

Yeah, I have to give Jill a little credit. We've seen kid clutter at her house but never abject filth. Jessa's place looks like you need a biohazard suit to walk through the door. 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy has a degree, right? So if worse comes to worst, he can always get a real job. Derelict probably could've done the same, but his Twitter history will make him undesirable to a lot of employers. I think the Dullards will be in for a heap of trouble unless Cathy subsidizes them. 

Jeremy and Ben could have a traveling ministry show around the county, and Derelict could drive the stink bus with JD providing security.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

with JD providing security.

Well, they do have an arsenal of AR-15's at the TTH to keep the non-believers away! I can see Sling Blade working security.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, I have to give Jill a little credit. We've seen kid clutter at her house but never abject filth. Jessa's place looks like you need a biohazard suit to walk through the door. 

Jill's also moved several times since her wedding. Moving has a way of cutting back on the junk and filth. I think if Jessa had moved once or three times, her house wouldn't look so bad.

Or maybe Jilly Dully is just better (shocking, I know) at framing her social media posts to eliminate the filth. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Makes sense to me! Plus she will make a good mate for Jeremy when he goes out in public. I have the feeling of Jeremy running for some type of office with Jinger at his side with a smile on her face along with their little girl all dress up and Jeremy parading his family around as the perfect all American fundie family.

When I heard they were having a girl, my first image was of their little girl in some cute little dress (nothing second hand) with a big bow in her hair, with mommy and daddy dressed to the nines. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Do you work in the US? I'm curious where you are, I thought our Congressional Fundie friends had managed to shut down most of these types of clinics! 

It's a cross section of reality show people. Like 90% of them are allergic to work and are always looking for the next money making "scheme." See: Sister wives, Real Housewives of NJ, Jersey Shore, etc.  The RHONJ in particular drove me nuts.... all their freaking schemes were/are like one step away from Mafia style "earnings" lol.  Need money? Here's a novel idea; GET A FUCKING JOB.

I am in the United States (in a very red state actually) and I don’t think anyone has tried to shut us down. It’s really a very interesting job, and I like it a lot. However, it is definitely not for everybody. If you are at all shy about examining or touching other people‘s private areas, like I imagine Jill is, you’d definitely want to pick a different specialty. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 6

I'm having difficulty with this pic from Jill - difficulty because I enjoy snarking and I'm having trouble finding the snark.

Izzy appears clean, no apparent bruises, appropriately dressed in clean clothes, from what we can see.  He's not stuffed into a high chair, and while it's definitely not a book I would read to my kids, it's a book.  As opposed to many of my friends and relatives that would have plunked him in front of a tv/dvd or video game.  

The only snark I can find is that once again, shocking I know, they appear to be back at TTH.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm having difficulty with this pic from Jill - difficulty because I enjoy snarking and I'm having trouble finding the snark.

Izzy appears clean, no apparent bruises, appropriately dressed in clean clothes, from what we can see.  He's not stuffed into a high chair, and while it's definitely not a book I would read to my kids, it's a book.  As opposed to many of my friends and relatives that would have plunked him in front of a tv/dvd or video game.  

The only snark I can find is that once again, shocking I know, they appear to be back at TTH.

And let’s all slow clap Suzanne. She has some hustle! ‘Oh the Duggars like to pose with free stuff for attention? Where are my shipping supplies?’

• Love 24
43 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

It feels very contrived to me. Izzy is doing what I call a school-picture-smile. It feels like Jill is pimping Izzy out for Fundy product modeling. Like it's a head shot for his portfolio.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

It feels very contrived to me. Izzy is doing what I call school picture smile. I feels like Jill is pimping Izzy out for Fundy product modeling. To Jill its a head shot for his portfolio.

Yeah, that may be the fakest smile I’ve ever seen.

• Love 11

That’s the kind of picture she should have used for that photo contest (which I still haven’t seen them thank those who voted, btw) instead of the one with Samuel in the background and Jill with scissors!

• Love 13

That link in her “bio” goes nowhere. It’s strange she has it there. That’s where your own stuff is supposed to go.

Jill’s bio:

Jill Dillard

Official Instagram of Jill (Duggar) Dillard. Wife to @derickdillard. Mommy to #IsraelDavidDillard & #SamuelScottDillardwww.scarlettgraypublishing.com

This is what comes up:

8E816045-4134-44E8-B733-93C317416139.png

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 2:06 PM, Natalie68 said:

Giving medication is just like modifying a recipe - you have to give 100mg of a drug, but only have 20mg tablets. How many do you give? Jill? Hello? Your patient is dying. How many do you give?

This reminds me of a scene from an old Britcom, "Doctor in the House." A young man was trying to get into med school and the doctor interviewing him did something similiar except it dealt with blood. "Your patient is dying what do you do?" The young man stutters. "You have five minutes, what do you do?" "Uh..." " He's dead."

Jill wouldn't last the interview.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

Jill's also moved several times since her wedding. Moving has a way of cutting back on the junk and filth. I think if Jessa had moved once or three times, her house wouldn't look so bad.

Or maybe Jilly Dully is just better (shocking, I know) at framing her social media posts to eliminate the filth. 

Jill has posted plenty of photos with piles of laundry in baskets, unmade beds, etc on social media.  I don't think she'd be able to think ahead enough to cover up any real crustiness.  I think she probably is a better housekeeper than Jessa, but that's not exactly hard to accomplish.  I think she grew up in a cluttered house where beds went unmade and she often 'shopped' for clean clothes in a basket of unfolded laundry and it doesn't even occur to her that many people would find it less than tidy.  Considering neither she nor her husband have actual employment, I think she could aim a little higher.

BTW, I too grew up in a house with a bunch of kids (6 not 19) and my mother wasn't much for housekeeping, either.  When I speak of laundry baskets of clothes and unmade beds; I speak from experience.  When I went away to college, one of my room mates came from a home that was spotless, always.  She would see dust and dirt everywhere and was used to having weekly cleaning sessions where everything got wiped down, dusted or swept, no matter what.  We were in class all day and worked part time, too, and quite frankly, weren't home often enough for much mess to accumulate anyway.  Eventually, we made up a work chart and hung it on the fridge, giving each of us weekly tasks because she found it so unsettling to not dust every week.  Forty years later, she's a doctor with 3 kids, working full time and she still does all her own cleaning and her house is spotless.  Me, not so much.  My house is far cleaner overall than my parents', but I still tend to only do what absolutely needs to be done (I do, however fold clothes and put them away, I don't make the bed very often).

• Love 17

So I run half-marathons (only 13.1 miles as opposed to 26.2 miles for a full). I'm very, very interested to see what Derick's finish time ends up being. I wonder if he's has been training at all. He must be, because what else does he do all day? It's generally not advisable to just run a marathon without any training, unless he's planning to walk part of it, which is certainly still respectable. This is the most interesting I've ever found Derick.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So he has spaghetti, a roll, a potato? fresh asparagus which I'm amazed with because I live in CA and asparagus prices are still too high for my weekly budget and a salad.  Yet no one has salad on their plates????  Sammy has no food, and it looks like Izzy has a roll and dorito type chips - what no spaghetti and salad for him?  WTF?

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

So he has spaghetti, a roll, a potato? fresh asparagus which I'm amazed with because I live in CA and asparagus prices are still too high for my weekly budget and a salad.  Yet no one has salad on their plates????  Sammy has no food, and it looks like Izzy has a roll and dorito type chips - what no spaghetti and salad for him?  WTF?

I am no fan of them at all, but, based on one of my grown children and now my grandchildren, at that age, I was happy they ate anything at all, let alone salad and asparagus.  And it was always buttery noodles, no sauce.  That particular son had a fondness for "white food" meaning white bread, mashed potatoes, sometimes, oatmeal, etc.  He was a big challenge.  And my daughter in law made nice plates for the grands and then threw them straight into the trash.  Especially the granddaughter.  Don't know how she subsisted on the nothing she ate.  But, somehow they all are healthy.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Doofus is apparently going to attempt to run a marathon tomorrow. I hope he's gotten that puking under control. 

Does he mean like, a real marathon? Like 26.2 miles Marathon? My daughter is a runner, she's young and has her eyes on the Olympics, but she has a coach who has run his entire life and he is adamant that until you've done 30,000 miles your body is not ready for a marathon. And that is a pre-marathon meal? Oh no it isn't! He's going to die...Jill I hope you have a solid life insurance policy. 

33 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm down south in FL and I just got a whole bunch of asparagus for $0.99 a lb on sale. You would have thought it was raining asparagus in my house!

19 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I am no fan of them at all, but, based on one of my grown children and now my grandchildren, at that age, I was happy they ate anything at all, let alone salad and asparagus.  And it was always buttery noodles, no sauce.  That particular son had a fondness for "white food" meaning white bread, mashed potatoes, sometimes, oatmeal, etc.  He was a big challenge.  And my daughter in law made nice plates for the grands and then threw them straight into the trash.  Especially the granddaughter.  Don't know how she subsisted on the nothing she ate.  But, somehow they all are healthy.

This. I have one picky and one non-picky eater and as long as they're eating something, sometimes that is all the battle I had to fight at that age. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Doofus is apparently going to attempt to run a marathon tomorrow. I hope he's gotten that puking under control. 

Is it just me, but that’s a weird food combination. Also, don’t they use placemats or tablecloths? It would hide the fugly table.

• Love 5

This was just mentioned on the local news, and to my everlasting shame, the first thing I thought was "That's the marathon he was talking about!"

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/knwa/2018-hogeye-marathon-and-relays/1120188330

Anyway, looks like it could be a full marathon but there are also definite options for other distances. 

Edit: Just realized he used the marathon name in hashtags, but I refuse to read hashtags. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I think Mama and Papa bear there have sweet potatoes, and that they have cut one into pieces for young Israel. 

Oh, and I myself never ever eat salad off my dinner plate. I need a separate bowl. I hate it when hot food touches my salad. 

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 18

OMG, so it's like a legit marathon...here is the website: https://www.hogeyemarathon.com/

I verified under participants and his dumba** is signed up for the Marathon---does he know the type of training this entails? How has he been doing said training and not been bragging about it? You can also use the Race Joy app to follow him along the course tomorrow if you're bored---I'll be with my kiddo racing in the morning and Disney in the afternoon so I'll leave that to one of y'alls capable hands. 

Like...there was a 5K option...why not ease into this running thing? 

And fwiw, running isn't cheap---your local, average 5K will only run you around $20-$30 but Marathon's are normally $100 or more. This one is $96...glad to see the grifting money well spent /eyeroll

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Also, don’t they use placemats or tablecloths? It would hide the fugly table.

I've never understood the concept of placemats. You still have to wash the table after you eat, but now you have to wash placemats, too. The same with tablecloths. The only person I know who uses cloth ones is my stepmother and she takes it off before setting the table so she doesn't have to wash it after every meal. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Is it just me, but that’s a weird food combination. Also, don’t they use placemats or tablecloths? It would hide the fugly table.

I like that table. And as Nysha said, tablecloths and placemats are just more cleaning to do. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I've never understood the concept of placemats. You still have to wash the table after you eat, but now you have to wash placemats, too. The same with tablecloths. The only person I know who uses cloth ones is my stepmother and she takes it off before setting the table so she doesn't have to wash it after every meal. 

Well, I grew up always using them and I still do. I can’t eat with the dishes directly on the table. It just seem wrong. ?

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I swear tablecloths are generational. My table is similar to theirs---a pretty granite and I would never hide it under a tablecloth. When we moved back 'home' my husband's mom tried to gift me a stack of tablecloths she was decluttering. She seriously had to have one for every day of the year, but I politely declined. I don't know anyone in my generation who uses them beyond holidays or for decoration, Never for everyday use. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

My first thought when I saw the photo: Izzy finally learned that he must open his mouth and smile for photos! Yaaaaaay!

(Am giving that ridiculous bib a pass because I’m assuming that Izzy ate some spaghetti at some point during the meal.) 

Dumbass Derelict is running a marathon? I’m surprised there haven’t been photos of him training or even mentioning that he’s participating. I wonder how Jill will handle being by herself while he runs a whole 26.2 miles by himself? Surprised she didn’t sign up too, just to be her barnacle self.

I hope Derelict starts double checking future photos he posts online. No one wants to see a photo of a toddler eating with their mouth open. (At least I don’t want to see it!)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Jill has posted plenty of photos with piles of laundry in baskets, unmade beds, etc on social media.  I don't think she'd be able to think ahead enough to cover up any real crustiness.  I think she probably is a better housekeeper than Jessa, but that's not exactly hard to accomplish.  I think she grew up in a cluttered house where beds went unmade and she often 'shopped' for clean clothes in a basket of unfolded laundry and it doesn't even occur to her that many people would find it less than tidy.  Considering neither she nor her husband have actual employment, I think she could aim a little higher.

BTW, I too grew up in a house with a bunch of kids (6 not 19) and my mother wasn't much for housekeeping, either.  When I speak of laundry baskets of clothes and unmade beds; I speak from experience.  When I went away to college, one of my room mates came from a home that was spotless, always.  She would see dust and dirt everywhere and was used to having weekly cleaning sessions where everything got wiped down, dusted or swept, no matter what.  We were in class all day and worked part time, too, and quite frankly, weren't home often enough for much mess to accumulate anyway.  Eventually, we made up a work chart and hung it on the fridge, giving each of us weekly tasks because she found it so unsettling to not dust every week.  Forty years later, she's a doctor with 3 kids, working full time and she still does all her own cleaning and her house is spotless.  Me, not so much.  My house is far cleaner overall than my parents', but I still tend to only do what absolutely needs to be done (I do, however fold clothes and put them away, I don't make the bed very often).

It's kind of funny, because I had a similar experience, but opposite in some ways. My mom did everything around the house growing up, so I really had no clue how to do any chores when I got to college. It was bad! I got paired with a neat freak roommate, and I picked up after myself and was tidy, but had noooo idea where to even buy cleaning products. I also had no clue why the sink needed to be cleaned so much, or the bathroom floor. LOL! I finally got into an arrangement where I bought all the cleaning supplies, and my roommate cleaned, because I never did anything up to her standards. The funny thing is, once I started learning how to clean, I actually loved it! Without someone looking over my shoulders, I figured it out and thrived. I am a neat freak now, and keep my apartment looking great. I find comfort and happiness in cleaning!

wow, Jilly is certainly not on a low carb diet! It's kind of shocking all the different carbs they have, with no protein. Does jill ever eat protein? All I can remember is that dinner of baked beans and pretzels, or whatever what was right after her marriage. I would be so hungry with no protein!

Edited by Christina87
Is this the worst site ever for autocorrect?
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

It's kind of funny, because I had a similar experience, but opposite in some ways. My mom did everything around the house growing up, so I really had no clue how to do any chores when I got to college. It was bad! I got paired with a neat freak roommate, and I picked up after myself and was tidy, but had noooo idea where to even buy cleaning products. I also had no clue why the sink needed to be cleaned so much, or the bathroom floor. LOL! I finally got into an arrangement where I bought all the cleaning supplies, and my roommate cleaned, because I never did anything up to her standards. The funny thing is, once I started learning how to clean, I actually loved it! I am a neat freak now, and keep my apartment looking great. I find comfort and happiness in cleaning!

wow, Jilly is certainly not on a low carb diet! It's kind of shocking all the different carbs they have, with no protein. Does jill ever eat protein? All I can remember is that dinner of baked beans and pretzels, or whatever what was right after her marriage. I would be so hungry with no protein!

Carb loading is pretty standard before a major race, but you're right on the serious lack of protein that is also required in pre-race meals.

I also grew up with a mom who did everything, I called my husband after buying our first vacuum cleaner because I didn't know how to turn it on. I just thought you plugged it in. He, and his entire platoon, didn't let that go for months! 

• Love 15
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

Carb loading is pretty standard before a major race, but you're right on the serious lack of protein that is also required in pre-race meals.

I also grew up with a mom who did everything, I called my husband after buying our first vacuum cleaner because I didn't know how to turn it on. I just thought you plugged it in. He, and his entire platoon, didn't let that go for months! 

Hahahaha I am glad I'm not the only one!!! I remember when the mom of one of my dorm mates taught me how to do laundry! She was there doing it for her son because he had football practice every day, and happened to be in there the first time I took my clothes. She sorted them for me and showed me exactly how to do it! What a godsend! The one thing I DID know how to do was cook, though. My mom taught me from a young age to make yummy meals, but that is not a useful skill in a dorm!

Looking back on it, we would have been excellent helpmeets at 18! We would have fit right in with the duggar girls and their lack of knowledge. We could have been adorably ignorant!

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm down south in FL and I just got a whole bunch of asparagus for $0.99 a lb on sale. You would have thought it was raining asparagus in my house!

Totally jealous of the asparagus!!!  I love asparagus and just put in a back breaking asparagus garden, so hopefully in a couple of years I'll have a ton, for now, the cheap stuff is all, 'you must eat it before midnight tonight' type food.

41 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Oh, and I myself never ever eat salad off my dinner plate. I need a separate bowl. I hate it when hot food touches my salad. 

Neither do I.  Hubby and I serve salad in a separate bowl or salad plate, I was just confused because there is a bowl of salad on the table, yet no one has any.  Of course hubby and I tend to eat salads first and then the main dish, but it doesn't even seem like that's going on here.  Hmm.

40 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

And fwiw, running isn't cheap---your local, average 5K will only run you around $20-$30 but Marathon's are normally $100 or more. This one is $96...glad to see the grifting money well spent /eyeroll

$100 to voluntarily run 26+ miles???? WTF???  What's his job again?  Oh wait it's totally secret, riiiiggght (sarcasm font)

40 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My grandmother had the typical formica table like in a Christmas Story.  My mother had a wood table and did both tableclothes and placemats.  I have a wood table that DEFINITELY needs to be refinished so for small company I do a vinyl/cloth backed tablecloth and do cloth/fancy tablecloth for special events like Thanksgiving, Yule, Beltaine, Birthdays and that type of thing.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

I do too. I prefer vinaigrettes and they can get kind of runny when you pour them on a plate. I hate taking a bite of hot food and tasting salad dressing, so I always use a bowl.

I'm curious as to what kind of training Derelict has done for this marathon.

I'm jealous of the asparagus as well. The cheapest I've seen it in months is $5.99.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm curious as to what kind of training Derelict has done for this marathon.

He looked up Bible versus because he is so awesome he doesn't need to train - LOL

I am still amazed that Jill has REAL dishes and silverware and not paper plates.  On the other hand for Izzy's birthday with only 6 adults they had to pull out the paperplates and plastic silverware.  Sigh.  Priorities.

Also I would not only like to see Sammy with food, but across the table from Jill.  Jill helps Izzy and Derilick helps Sammy - you know "babysittting him while he's in his restraint"

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

$100 to voluntarily run 26+ miles???? WTF???  What's his job again?  Oh wait it's totally secret, riiiiggght (sarcasm font)

And $100 is on the cheaper side---and this is before you buy all the stuff you need. He'll need snacks and power bar/gels throughout the race, true running clothes and sturdy running shoes plus nice socks---compression socks wouldn't hurt. He'll need to lube up parts of his body to avoid rubbing/rashes. I mean, the average marathoner pays a pretty penny to make sure they have the right stuff too...

And for some, running is life. I have a 9 year old who lives for running and would race every single day if she could, but Derick does not strike me as a runner. I genuinely need more to this story---like, how did he get the idea to run? Is he running with someone? Did he train? How long did he train? What has his longest training sessions been like? Is he challenging Chip Gaines? If so, why? That man is an idiot! I have so many questions and no answers...

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 7

I'm equally amazed Jill is allowing this to happen...Derick is going to be a 26.2 mile long course with women who are going to be wearing no more than a sports bra and running shorts. Clearly, she has never been to one of these things before...NIKE! 

• Love 13