Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

He's responding back with anger. This is really getting a little scary now. I am the first one to give shit to people who I think are pulling ridiculous things out of the air to criticize this family. The Duggar clan doesn't get angry in the public eye. They keep up that fake sweet bullshit facade. And talk around any criticism. Though everyone knows, when the cameras are off, some really dark stuff goes down. Derrick is mentally snapping, things did not turn out at all like he was expecting. He lost his father who he idolized, at a pretty young age. Wasn't it something unexpected, such as a heart attack or something like that? Derrick tries to find purpose doing missionary work, and all that came along with that. He and Jill hook up, and fall very hard, very quickly. His mom almost dies, he goes all in with the wife and kid fantasy. Expected to be catapulted into fame in the fundie circle and praised to the mountain tops over his glorious missionary work and perfect family. Now he has a wife and 2 kids, the Duggar world imploded with the Josh mess, and Derrick is stuck and he knows it. He's angry, and has no idea what to do. Just a lot of troubling thoughts keep going through my head about him. I really hope he figures something out and gets some help or something before things get a lot worse. Of course, I pulled this out of my ass and have no idea if I'm right or not. Just a bad bad vibe with this one. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Here's the tweet referenced above, and one of the responses:

Derick Dillard  @derickmdillard
“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.” -Jesus Christ
5:48 PM - 21 Nov 2017 

Adele Jones  @adelewjones  Replying to @derickmdillard
Jesus worked very hard his entire life. Always. Did you get the work part? Go wash some homeless feet, feed some poor. Don’t preach at them just show them the Lord’s love. Jesus worked.
6:02 PM - 21 Nov 2017  

Derick Dillard  @derickmdillard  Replying to @adelewjones
Jesus fed the poor and preached repentance of sin! 
6:17 PM - 21 Nov 2017

A little context, please.  Who was Jesus talking to when he said that, and under what circumstances?  Because as it stands, Jesus could be talking to the likes of Hitler, Pol Pot, Charles Manson, Stalin, Vlad the Impaler, Mao Tse-tung, Bin Laden, etc.  Who wants to join that group?

Ms. Jones didn't bring that up.  Instead she pointed out that Jesus worked.  He was forming his opinions even as a child and wasn't shy about voicing them, but he was never said to be sitting at home neglecting his chores while waiting for the money to pour in so he could play missionary when it suited him.  He didn't marry the clueless daughter of a wealthy man and expect fame and an easy living.  He grew up and became a carpenter. 

He preached when he could and tried to lead by example.  He held a job while preaching (teaching), reaching out to and working with the poor, the homeless, the dregs of society, etc.  I think he even ministered to the lepers.  These things drew more people to him, and as I understand it, eventually his full time job became "Being Jesus".  I guess you could say it ended badly for him when he got crucified and all, but he did get to rise from the dead and be acknowledged as the Son of God, and his name is still remembered to this day.

Derick, however, seems to be very selective about what he admires about Jesus.  He does very little work, and while Jill might have made sweet bread to hand out on occasion, that doesn't quite cut it.  Derick hasn't shown that he actually worked to feed anybody.  Even his own small family is fed from donations.  He's doing a great job about pointing out people's sins, though.  Not his own, of course.  If Derick had a magic mirror that reflected sin, he'd never see his own, because he's a religious vampire.  He takes from others and considers it his due, but he doesn't see sin in himself.  He has the sin of Pride. 

• Love 14

TATER TOT CASSEROLE, MARRY ME! LOVE, AJA TOT CASSEROLE

Randall Blades

@BladesRandall

Replying to @derickmdillard

Let me try that one more time. Following Christ is the best way to be hated by the wicked. He said don't let it bother you because they hated me first. And yes as a Christian we compare ourselves daily to Christ. It's our mandate =humility

Tater Tot Casserole

@sidehugsonly

I bet you're a hoot at parties

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Aja said:

Randall Blades @BladesRandall Replying to @derickmdillard

Let me try that one more time. Following Christ is the best way to be hated by the wicked. He said don't let it bother you because they hated me first. And yes as a Christian we compare ourselves daily to Christ. It's our mandate =humility

I know what Mr. Blades is trying to say, but somehow the way he's saying it doesn't scream 'humility' to me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HoboClayton said:

He's responding back with anger. This is really getting a little scary now. I am the first one to give shit to people who I think are pulling ridiculous things out of the air to criticize this family. The Duggar clan doesn't get angry in the public eye. They keep up that fake sweet bullshit facade. And talk around any criticism. Though everyone knows, when the cameras are off, some really dark stuff goes down. Derrick is mentally snapping, things did not turn out at all like he was expecting. He lost his father who he idolized, at a pretty young age. Wasn't it something unexpected, such as a heart attack or something like that? Derrick tries to find purpose doing missionary work, and all that came along with that. He and Jill hook up, and fall very hard, very quickly. His mom almost dies, he goes all in with the wife and kid fantasy. Expected to be catapulted into fame in the fundie circle and praised to the mountain tops over his glorious missionary work and perfect family. Now he has a wife and 2 kids, the Duggar world imploded with the Josh mess, and Derrick is stuck and he knows it. He's angry, and has no idea what to do. Just a lot of troubling thoughts keep going through my head about him. I really hope he figures something out and gets some help or something before things get a lot worse. Of course, I pulled this out of my ass and have no idea if I'm right or not. Just a bad bad vibe with this one. 

I think you hit right on the head. He needs some mental health care and fast. I have a cousin who lost her dad before she was born. He was killed in a car accident in January, and I believe he might have been the first reported car accident death in Montana in 1973. My poor aunt had a rough pregnancy and almost lost her life and my cousin. My aunt passed away in her sleep in October 1983. My cousin was sleeping next to her when she died. Add the trauma of losing both parents and an abusive husband she got away from, and she is going though a very rough time. She is going in for counseling, but the sad thing is the emotional scars will never be completely healed. Her soon to be ex husband still tries to control her. I will love to hunt him down and kick his sorry excuse for an ass. I admit I cannot stand Derrick, Jill or Cathy, but Derick and Jill have two young children to think about. Thinking it is okay for Derick to act this way and defend his actions is not going to help him at all. Praying and reading the bible is all fine and dandy, but he and Jill need help.

1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Derick Dillard  @derickmdillard  Replying to @adelewjones
Jesus fed the poor and preached repentance of sin! 
6:17 PM - 21 Nov 2017

I really liked the reply under this that pointed out that Jesus performed these acts of charity without conditions, like Cross Church. "Jesus didn't use food as bait" just about killed me!

• Love 20
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Her soon to be ex husband still tries to control her. I will love to hunt him down and kick his sorry excuse for an ass.

Need help? 

Even this heathen knows that Jesus preached love and not hate.  There's no way to justify the persecution of whole LGBT community which he seems to be wont to do.  Where's the love there?  Someone needs to remind Dreck of that fact.     

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

Need help? 

Even this heathen knows that Jesus preached love and not hate.  There's no way to justify the persecution of whole LGBT community which he seems to be wont to do.  Where's the love there?  Someone needs to remind Dreck of that fact.     

Hopefully karma will come calling on him one day. What makes me angry is the fact if my cousin would be the one to blame for the abuse she received at the hands and actions of her husband by Duggar standards. I still have steam coming out of my ears when I think about the fact the Duggar clan calls out the whole LGBT community by saying they are child molesters and then call foul when the truth about Josh comes out and blame the evil social media and others for the shitty way the whole thing was handled. GRRR!!! I also want karma to make a special visit to JB for treating his father like crap when the poor man was dying and saying he was abuse by his father because *gasp* was not religious enough. He abuses his own children on a daily basis. Derick is paying the price because he married Jill, but an asshole by any other name is still an asshole.

29 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Someone needs to build Derick a cross for Christmas so he can go ahead and live-tweet nailing himself on to it.

Yes, Derick Dillard you are so persecuted by twitter haters for your hateful "godly" beliefs. /sarcasm

Someone on twitter responded that Derick wasn't being persecuted. He was being ridiculed. How true. He doesn't know the meaning of persecution. People all over the world are being persecuted, not only for religious beliefs, but political ones as well. Derick has no clue. He's being ridiculed for his missioncations, nasty twitters, and grifting requests for money. He's the worst kind of "believer", he's a zealot. and that can be very scary.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, CherryMalotte said:

The church people he listens to are telling him the exact opposite of what you're saying, however. The stuff he says is absolutely part of the message of the large national religious community he's part of.  There is a "war on transgenders" to be waged. And eternally forbidding gay marriage is now the number-one most important goal of the religious leaders he's looked up to all his life. They say this frequently and publicly.

So we can make all the liberal, heathen arguments we want about open-mindedness and tolerance and what Jesus said and so on. But they know what they hear Jesus saying, and it's quite the opposite. Derick's a follower-person, probably a pretty fearful person in a lot of ways, I think. Something quite drastic would have to happen before he switched to another set of beliefs, most likely. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

The church people he listens to are telling him the exact opposite of what you're saying, however. The stuff he says is absolutely part of the message of the large national religious community he's part of.  There is a "war on transgenders" to be waged. And eternally forbidding gay marriage is now the number-one most important goal of the religious leaders he's looked up to all his life. They say this frequently and publicly.

So we can make all the liberal, heathen arguments we want about open-mindedness and tolerance and what Jesus said and so on. But they know what they hear Jesus saying, and it's quite the opposite. Derick's a follower-person, probably a pretty fearful person in a lot of ways, I think. Something quite drastic would have to happen before he switched to another set of beliefs, most likely. 

Well they're confused aren't they? Their number one goal fighting the transgender community by forbidding gay marriage is like trying to curb opioid abuse by banning Tylenol.  One really has nothing to do with the other. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well they're confused aren't they? Their number one goal fighting the transgender community by forbidding gay marriage is like trying to curb opioid abuse by banning Tylenol.  One really has nothing to do with the other. 

Sorry. I misspoke! I'm the one who added confusion, not them. I meant to say that they have two crusades.  "The war on transgenders" is one, a newish one. But the fight to ban gay marriage is the one that they consider the top one right now -- because it affects so many more people, of course, and because it's already so far advanced. They know that they're different. I just wrote it wrong. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jennblevins said:

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”

— Ralph Waldo Emerson

Derick could take a page out of his book, I think. 

Yeah, but Ralph was a Unitarian. Definitely not the correct Jesus! 

Non Judgmental Jesus is an a non-starter in these parts. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I suspect that they twist it around in terms of: we are admonishing the sinner as an act of LOVE.   So they can pretend that their hate is really love. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I'm an atheist and I have donated many baskets for the needy during the holidays and I always adopt needy families. I usually adopt from a place called Friends Outside which helps the families of those who are incarcerated. I don't think Christian has anything to do with this. I think it's the decent, human thing to do, not a Christian thing to do. 

I also live in California and have no air conditioning so shut up Cathy. 

My comment wasn’t that you have to be Christian to do good. I was saying that in my opinion, those of us who do identify as Christian should provide help to people in need without strings attached. I do not think Jesus would have told people they had to sit through a sermon before he would share the loaves and fishes. 

• Love 16
On 11/20/2017 at 5:42 PM, bigskygirl said:

I am so tempted on posting this in response to Derick's free speech crap on his twitter page: I love free speech. I also love ignore, mute and block.

I was watching an episode of Designing Women called Nightmare From Hee Haw. They had Nub the traveling gynecologist who helped deliver babies in the family. He thought one of his daughters had the name Tomale. I thought of Dr. JillPhonyian when Nub was talking about delivering babies and was considered an expert because his family thought he was one. Daddy Jones reminds me of an older version of JB. The other two sons remind me of the older Duggar sons and Derick.

Totally off topic, but I absolutely LOVE Designing Women and Julia Sugarbaker - the last of the big-shouldered broads!

:)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if Josh is happy because Dwerp Boy is getting some of the bad attention he has been receiving, or is it basic full force equal opportunity hate.

Hahaha!  That's a good point.  I bet Josh is helping Derick write his tweets! 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder how much money Smuggar funneled into Derelict's Go Fund Me? If it gets the heat off him, all the better. 

Hmmm, that's interesting. I can see Smuggar throwing Derick under the bus to get back on the show.  I also think Amy's doing that too.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Duggars  Thanksgiving.  If they filmed it, I think it would be ratings gold.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Did JBoob have to approve it or did he use his allowance ?

They probably donated it with the condition that part of Derrick's hometown ministry would be buying $200 worth of groceries for a family with 5 kids and lazy unemployed parents, who just happen to be the people donating the money in the first place.

Edited by kalamac
  • Love 8

I can't figure out how to post it here, but that thanksgiving Instagram pic of Jill and Derick bothers me. Something about the way he stands now just annoys me. He used to be a dorky and loveable guy, but something in husband posture reads cocky and arrogant to me. He has this whole "lord of the manor" stance, like he's trying super hard to look fancy or something. And of course jill is literally clinging to him!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

There's a $200 anonymous donation (the largest donation aside from the offiline one). I bet that's Smuggar's. 

On Derick's previous Go Fund Me, there was a , I think, $250 donation from Josh and Anna Duggar.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ariel said:

'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Duggars  Thanksgiving.  If they filmed it, I think it would be ratings gold.

As grody as we imagine the  stinkertoy house to be, would ANY fly want to be on that wall for fear of sticking to it? I DO think it’s going to be an awkward time at the table. Jessa won’t be keeping sweet.

My Thanksgiving wish for Cerick is that somebody takes the turkey neck, particularly if it’s defrosted mostly, but still cold and shoves it up his ass!  It would be the biggest thrill of his life.  If not, at least we’ll know why he’s got that uptight look on his face, aka Fundyface.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I suspect that they twist it around in terms of: we are admonishing the sinner as an act of LOVE.   So they can pretend that their hate is really love. 

Definitely. The idea is "I'm doing my best to stop you, poor misguided soul, from doing this thing that will send you straight to the burning pit for all eternity." 

And when they put it that way, the idea that it might be hate or ignorant prejudice or something is completely disguised for them. I'm sure they truly believe they're making these admonitions out of love -- same as they would be if they were trying to stop somebody from committing a murder or an embezzlement or something. If they were willing to think, they'd maybe realize that things like gender dysphoria and love attraction aren't bad actions but traits that people have by nature (and traits that are harmless to others and would be harmless to the people who have them were it not for others' prejudices, in addition).

But their blockade against that perception comes from their idea that God has ordained certain "natural laws" that humans mustn't flout. And that they know what those natural laws are and that some of them are all about the gender stuff. 

All in all, they've constructed a pretty ironclad little box of ideas that lets them feel comfortable in their conviction that they speak from the truest love, not hate or prejudice at all. I'm pretty sure they would never want to see themselves as hateful. So they've got a "philosophy" that shows them they aren't. Once again, not something that could be easily penetrated by arguments, I expect. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, louannems said:

On Derick's previous Go Fund Me, there was a , I think, $250 donation from Josh and Anna Duggar.

Is this a current picture?  I really don't care but why didn't they include Izzy & Sam in the picture & greeting.  Derek does seem to have the "I am greater than thou" stance down pat.  Similar to Josh's cocky posture.  And the mustard colored sweater makes  a comeback.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

And the mustard colored sweater makes  a comeback.

I recognize Muffy’s outfit from the photo shoot they did at U of A. I don’t remember what Scruffy was wearing, but dude, clean between your brackets. His front teeth are not aligned with the middle of his nose. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Is this a current picture?  I really don't care but why didn't they include Izzy & Sam in the picture & greeting.  Derek does seem to have the "I am greater than thou" stance down pat.  Similar to Josh's cocky posture.  And the mustard colored sweater makes  a comeback.

I find it irritating that she always has her left hand (wedding ring) displayed.  Her hand is always carefully placed as though to say  "I'm married!!!".    We get it.  You are married to a lazy slackard who begs for money so he can pontificate like a fucktard on Twitter, and re-enact his college days on what he calls a "ministry".  Meanwhile, you look like you cannot be alone for more than 2 minutes at a time.   You must be so proud.

• Love 19
39 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

no i think if you look close Derrick has no braces

3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I can't figure out how to post it here, but that thanksgiving Instagram pic of Jill and Derick bothers me. Something about the way he stands now just annoys me. He used to be a dorky and loveable guy, but something in husband posture reads cocky and arrogant to me. He has this whole "lord of the manor" stance, like he's trying super hard to look fancy or something. And of course jill is literally clinging to him!

It really bothers me they couldn’t bother to post a picture with their kids. Apparently they aren’t worth being thankful for today.

Edited by Fostersmom
Are and aren’t are two different things!
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

As grody as we imagine the  stinkertoy house to be, would ANY fly want to be on that wall for fear of sticking to it? I DO think it’s going to be an awkward time at the table. Jessa won’t be keeping sweet.

My Thanksgiving wish for Cerick is that somebody takes the turkey neck, particularly if it’s defrosted mostly, but still cold and shoves it up his ass!  It would be the biggest thrill of his life.  If not, at least we’ll know why he’s got that uptight look on his face, aka Fundyface.

Benessa are at the Seewalds. Jessa just posted n IG story featuring Spurge on a mini tramp, being assisted by the despicable Michael Seewald.

• Love 2